Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Cindy's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

This is going fast tonight! And oh yea a depressed whiner. Has she not eaten in any minute of this so far?

I did notice abuse already, what else did I miss?

She fell down the stairs, injured her leg, so thus she was partially bed-bound.

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Who was the other poundticipant who was all purple and blotchy like that? Its so terrible looking, and can't indicate anything healthy.

Impaired blood flow, inflamed capillary beds and stretched veins.  Nothing good indeed.  I imagine her medical charts would wrap around the equator if printed out.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

What does this moaning behemoth have to bring to a friendship? I'm genuinely curious. 

Eh... feeling better about yourself and your own life by comparison?  

My Dad loved watching really dumb movies, he said "It's nice to feel so much smarter than the writers".

Edited by Hellga
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kid said:

Her friend is in denial.  She is not willing to change. She just got done saying that, if she goes to Dr. Now, she will have to give up food.

I guess she needs someone to ask her, "Do you wanna die?  Do you really wanna die?  Eat death Cindy!"

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

What does this moaning behemoth have to bring to a friendship? I'm genuinely curious. 

I think she brings need.  There are people who love to be needed, and she is a whopping big bag of need.  Not my thing at all, but I've seen this dynamic.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, snarkish said:

WELL, TLC is hiccuping on me tonight for some reason. It keeps pausing and once it said to try again later. Damn Xfinity. I guess I'll go see what Joe has to say in his speech over on ABC which is working fine for some reason. Not that excited anyway, since the beginning of this two hour episode it said it was SIX MONTHS of her journey. WTH?

Enjoy, Pounders!

Spectrum is doing the same thing

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Hey, she's a being of pure joy. Bringing happiness and sunshine to all hospital beds she inhabits, okay? Sheesh.😂😉

• LOL 4

I bet cellulitis, and infections, combined with her diabetes are what will do her in someday.     She already was in a hospital for a year, lost 100 lbs., down to 450 or so, and gained it all back.   I'm guessing this will be six months of total failure told in two hours. 

Everyone is on fire tonight.    

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

She fell down the stairs, injured her leg, so thus she was partially bed-bound.

That's why they push you to walk as soon as they possibly can without re-injury.  Because the longer you wait (aka if you pity yourself) the more likely you are to end up like this.  Physical therapy after a major injury or surgery feels like hell, but working through it is the only way.   Unfortunately, a typical poundticipant has all the resilience of wet toilet paper. 

• Love 10
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

What a rich life. Splayed on her bed like a beached whale, blubbering and moaning, while she waits for her next taco.

But she doesn't want to go to Houston because she is afraid to give up this wonderful existence.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

That's why they push you to walk as soon as they possibly can without re-injury.  Because the longer you wait (aka if you pity yourself) the more likely you are to end up like this.  Physical therapy after a major injury or surgery feels like hell, but working through it is the only way.   Unfortunately, a typical poundticipant has all the resilience of wet toilet paper. 

My dad got a new hip almost a year ago (!) and they had him up the next morning. Would probably have been the same day but his surgery was supposed to be in the morning and got pushed to later in the day.

• Love 4
Just now, Kid said:

She does not wear clothes but wears jewelry??

Maybe those bracelets and rings just got stuck in her fat folds and now cannot be removed unless you cut the jewelry.  Or the limbs.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Dr. Now just said something like what my mother, a health provider, says:  you never see super fat people who are also old.  Age 45 is pushing it.  I fear for her (and this episode!).

• Love 6

How could she possibly get hunger pains? She's constantly shoveling food down her maw, she never gives herself a chance to get hungry! 

At least she didn't insult his intelligence with stories of yogurt and sugar free jam and grapes. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

She eats twice a day?  Wow, I thought it was just one non-stop 20-hour a day mealtime!

It really depends on how she defines Day.  In her world, a Day equals two hours!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

OMG this is going to be another one of those episodes isn't it? It feels like this has been on for HOURS and yet it's barely 8:30.

giphy.gif

I bet she has a number of doctors. They all know how she can lose weight and I'm sure they've tried to help. She was in a facility, lost weight, then gained it back. Newsflash everyone: SHE.DOESN'T.WANT.TO.STOP.EATING. 

• Love 8