Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

You can fault TK for a lot of things, but she is not the only mother who would not allow a 12 year old to live away from home.

Shoot, I live in NJ and my 12 year old wouldn't be headed to NYC alone to live. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

Lennon’s first spoken word was DCC and her second cheerleader. Talking about grooming/brainwashing a toddler! I’m sure she had a DCC nursery in addition to all the DCC costumes we’ve seen her in. She probably attended her first junior DCC dance class before she could walk and was the youngest DCC ever to make the squad photo. Talking about a guaranteed spot on the team….

I doubt that Victoria is pregnant. I don't know if she'll have a daughter in the future. But I would bet the farm that if/when Victoria's daughter and Cassie's daughter try-out for the team, Kelli will probably still be the director and will say, "This is the most talented group we've ever had."

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Rumor was she tried to help VK during Training camp making suggestions (like all vets do) and VK complained to Kelli because she took it as negative criticism.  Kelli and Judy both then came down hard and said only they could make corrections of training camp candidates.  Then VK made show group as a rookie and Jaylyn did not make showgroup.  ALthough I am suprised Jaylyn has not retired Im glad because I still like her alot.  

I like Jalyn as well and was surprised she didn't retire. She’s been treated horribly and I commend the way she’s carried herself while putting up with asinine behavior by K&J. Another VK nepotism incident that really pissed me off. I think Jalyn stayed another year to not have pan2020 b her final year. I hope she makes it this year, she’s a talented and beautiful dancer. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Trixi said:

I like Jalyn as well and was surprised she didn't retire. She’s been treated horribly and I commend the way she’s carried herself while putting up with asinine behavior by K&J.

With Kelli, one year you could be a favorite, the next you're dirt, or vice-versa. who knows, maybe they came to an understanding with each other.

• Love 16
18 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Going to have to be the third coming after Cassie’s daughter, who could conceivably still be on the squad at that time 😆

Based on what Cassie said when she found out she was having a girl and her daughter now being a Jr DCC, I believe it will be shoved down her throat more than it was for Cassie.

17 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

For me, none of the rookies (except for Marissa) would shock me if they got cut. It’s not their fault but DCC MTT focused too much on the veterans and they weren’t allowed or have a big DCC social media presence until late in the season so most of the time I forget who’s the rookie class. 

I can only name one rookie DCC, Marissa. Only because this board is not a fan of hers.

Also, the kick line and jump split, when they actually have to learn it is going to expose a lot of things for the rookies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Based on what Cassie said when she found out she was having a girl and her daughter now being a Jr DCC, I believe it will be shoved down her throat more than it was for Cassie.

I can only name one rookie DCC, Marissa. Only because this board is not a fan of hers.

Also, the kick line and jump split, when they actually have to learn it is going to expose a lot of things for the rookies.

But what if little Cassie (Lennon? Cannon? I don’t know which is her daughter) isn’t “Uniform Ready”? Or WORSE: “HD Friendly”? That’s the kiss of death right there. Can you imagine Weatherman Scott trying to “tactfully” voice his concerns? Charlottes laser beam stare would melt him into a flesh puddle. 

I kid, of course.  She’s an adorable little girl!  Who probably loves playing with barbies or Legos or dirt and just does the DCC stuff cause her mum and grandma do. I actually love Judys videos with her grandkids. She may even rebel and not want to have anything to do with DCC after a lifetime of it. I grew up with kids whose parents owned businesses who just didn’t want to be part of the family business and went on to do other things in other states and towns. Others stayed to run the construction company or catering business or bakery or whatever. Some were miserable while others were happy doing exactly what their parents and grandparents did.

As long as she gets to do what she wants to do!  I really hate it when these girls say, “I’ve wanted to be a DCC since I was born!” LIAR! It is literally impossible to know what you want to be as a zygote.  

• Love 8

I follow Cassie and Judy on instagram.  Lennon, Cassie's daughter, is a high spirited young child who has a mind of her own.  Loves fashion.  Loves being active.   Lennon loves dancing.  you can see it in her face anytime she is dancing.  I adore everything I have seen about Lennon (admire her spirit) and hate when people want to say stuff about her just because she is Cassie's daughter.  

So please. just because both her grandma and her mother were DCC, just maybe Lennon wants to do it for herself.    Let her make up her mind for herself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, MrsNiniG said:

New DCC in Motion with Rachel W posted on IG.

3DB59547-F116-4C9B-834E-E955DEB6F573.jpeg

I know she's beautiful but she does nothing with her face! Gina can be a bit OTT but I think it's easier to tone down her facials than it is to dial it up in Rachel. She's a beautiful dancer but oh so bland. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I know she's beautiful but she does nothing with her face! Gina can be a bit OTT but I think it's easier to tone down her facials than it is to dial it up in Rachel. She's a beautiful dancer but oh so bland. 

Dead eyes... bland facials and dance is ok.  She's beautiful though. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, itsweird said:

Shoot, I live in NJ and my 12 year old wouldn't be headed to NYC alone to live. 

Same girl same.  And after watching the Britney Spears documentary...even sending your kiddo off with a well meaning adult doesn't mean they won't get taken advantage of!  I don't even have kids  but it would be so challenging to do something like this.

• Love 7
On 6/8/2021 at 8:54 AM, LilyD said:

Lennon’s first spoken word was DCC and her second cheerleader. Talking about grooming/brainwashing a toddler! I’m sure she had a DCC nursery in addition to all the DCC costumes we’ve seen her in. She probably attended her first junior DCC dance class before she could walk and was the youngest DCC ever to make the squad photo. Talking about a guaranteed spot on the team….

I think that’s Judy more than cassie but hey, the kid may love performing and want it for herself when she’s older too.

7 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Perfect point. Adequate dancer, extremely photogenic, boring as hell. Kelli said from training camp Rachel’s first year every move looked like a perfect shot and I said well there’s your future point. Kasharas been the only one for years and years with any personality. 

• Love 16
16 hours ago, MrsNiniG said:

New DCC in Motion with Rachel W posted on IG.

3DB59547-F116-4C9B-834E-E955DEB6F573.jpeg

Pretty Vacant is how she comes across to me, even her dancing is bland and not sure which Minchew sister it was that Kelli called mannequin like, plastic, snotty... bc she was too perfect and yet here we are... i always thought Kelli was just jealous of her...

• Love 6
2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Kasharas been the only one for years and years with any personality. 

Yeah and they keep trying to recreate that. Tried with Victoria. Tried with Kat. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Hello. 

I come from the DC Universe, not Marvel. 

Thank You. 

Gooodbye.

In that case can you please send Superman my regards, phone number and send him my way? 😅🤤

also was not a fan of Rachel’s DCC in motion - yes technically it was good of what o did watch and beautiful leaps but it bored me so didn’t even watch all of it and scrolled on past. 

also on a social media point Holly P has bought herself a pot of the DCC Luccese boots and has a pic of them on her story, still makes me sad over her retirement but I get why it happened. 

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Hello. 

Thank You. 

Gooodbye.

When will we know how many new girls actually made it to training camp 

• Love 4
On 6/8/2021 at 7:46 AM, Mardo2044 said:

You can fault TK for a lot of things, but she is not the only mother who would not allow a 12 year old to live away from home.

I call 298 (2% truth / 98 % lie) on this one. I have never seen VK compete outside of NYCDA and they award partial scholarships to summer intensives.

What REALLY makes me not believe this is VK  is a sucky dancer. She may pass in the DCC world but even NYDCA has legit dancers and awards “titles.” Those dancers travel to the different regional competitions and teach the combinations. 

Check out Mahalaya Tintiangco-Cubales on YouTube. She has won every national category for every age division. That’s the level of dancer that wins.

Another thing about dancing - you may have your Misty Copeland stories here and there but most dancers are eliminated before they even dance because of body type. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Wow, I perceived her completely different.  I see in the video that she smiles, changes expressions etc throughout the program and I didn't see anything "vacant" in her eyes. 

When they have group performances my eyes tend to go right to her. But that's the great thing about group performances we all have different favorites. 

Anywhere she is in the triangle works for me. 😊

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Hello. 

Thank You. 

Gooodbye.

Eek!! Wrong cannon. My inner geek has died of shame. 😂 No one would believe I grew up with comic books and wanting to be Wonder Woman. Sorry blue seer. 😬

• LOL 9
16 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

I call 298 (2% truth / 98 % lie) on this one. I have never seen VK compete outside of NYCDA and they award partial scholarships to summer intensives.

What REALLY makes me not believe this is VK  is a sucky dancer. She may pass in the DCC world but even NYDCA has legit dancers and awards “titles.” Those dancers travel to the different regional competitions and teach the combinations. 

I have always side-eyed this story too. Yes, she could have been offered some kind of scholarship to something in NYC (and I don't blame any parent, including TK, for not sending their kid), but I always felt like they exaggerated it so that it appeared to be way more than it was.

• Love 12

So on Facebook someone posted this pic of former DCC Kalyssa (she didn’t complete her rookie year) I genuinely find it sickening how thin she is, genuinely the only issue I have with it - not how raunchy, sexy it is, purely how Many ribs you can count on the poor girl 🦴

we - me included - give Gina stick sometimes on how thin she is, and how scary it is she’s so thin, lately Kalyssa was on another social site looking for a sugar daddy, genuinely wondering if she’s struggling to afford food (hence the sugar daddy hunt) or if she thinks being this thin is sexy. It’s so unhealthy. 

if anything it drives home more how much DCC should portray more healthy body images and allow a bit more wiggle room for weight gain in the girls. 

D97BFBEE-DDCE-41B5-8459-B2FF569CCB70.jpeg

• Love 4
3 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I have always side-eyed this story too. Yes, she could have been offered some kind of scholarship to something in NYC (and I don't blame any parent, including TK, for not sending their kid), but I always felt like they exaggerated it so that it appeared to be way more than it was.

I worked at a private performing arts “school”. They constantly awarded financial scholarships for intensives or camps that were a fraction of the total cost. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

So on Facebook someone posted this pic of former DCC Kalyssa (she didn’t complete her rookie year) I genuinely find it sickening how thin she is, genuinely the only issue I have with it - not how raunchy, sexy it is, purely how Many ribs you can count on the poor girl 🦴

we - me included - give Gina stick sometimes on how thin she is, and how scary it is she’s so thin, lately Kalyssa was on another social site looking for a sugar daddy, genuinely wondering if she’s struggling to afford food (hence the sugar daddy hunt) or if she thinks being this thin is sexy. It’s so unhealthy. 

if anything it drives home more how much DCC should portray more healthy body images and allow a bit more wiggle room for weight gain in the girls. 

If you look back at her body building days you will see this is not a new look for her.  Comparing this and those to DCC, she was a downright well-padded healthy looking DCC!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

In addition to not being able to afford food, it looks like she can’t afford a bra and panties either! 🤣

• LOL 24

On the DCC stories it shows the rookies getting their pinky rings. Remind me, did we hear who got VOTY and ROTY? I feel like we chatted about it but can't recall... :-)

3 minutes ago, TB12 said:

On the DCC stories it shows the rookies getting their pinky rings. Remind me, did we hear who got VOTY and ROTY? I feel like we chatted about it but can't recall... :-)

Gina and McKenzie 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

If I looked like this I wouldn't wear clothes either...IJS.  I wish I looked this good.

• Love 6
On 6/5/2021 at 4:43 AM, Agent Gully said:

Just a question to see what others think...Last year, I think many of us were surprised at some of the veteran cuts. Of the veterans with two or more seasons under their belt now, in your opinion:

1.) Who would be the most surprising/shocking veteran cut/s?

2.) Who would be the least surprising veteran cut/s?

Feel free to list more than one for each question. Also feel free to put your reasoning.

Rachel W (they love her, but I agree her inMotion dance did nothing for me and did not fit the song)

Caroline (they love her for her dancing) & Kat (they love her personality)

Amanda (she's the strongest from her year!)

Taylor (she's a blender to me, but she has close ties so cutting her would be surprising. I think they also like having a teacher on their roster)

Erin (I'd be surprised if they cut a reliable, gorgeous, drama-free dancer)

Kristin (no reasoning needed)

Lisa (I never found her a compelling dancer and I agree that they will find her body suddenly boxy)

Chandi (blender, though they may keep for diversity's sake)

• Love 1
On 6/9/2021 at 5:26 PM, chabelisaywow said:

On 6/10/2021 at 9:34 AM, hannahbanana said:

On 6/10/2021 at 1:16 PM, Duffer said:

I worked at a private performing arts “school”. They constantly awarded financial scholarships for intensives or camps that were a fraction of the total cost. 

Victoria won a 1-year, $20,000 scholarship to AMDA's New York campus. I believe it was won through the Tremaine convention system.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

1. Gina, Lexie, Caroline, Rachel W, Amber, Ashlee, Daphne, Amanda

2. Lisa, Kristin, Alora-Rose, Jessica, Jada, Darian, Elli

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Victoria won a 1-year, $20,000 scholarship to AMDA's New York campus. I believe it was won through the Tremaine convention system.

But the AMDA is a college with month long high school (age 14-19) summer programs, so what was she actually offered? A one year scholarship for what? A program especially designed for her? They acted like she was accepted into a prestigious dance school program where it would be a permanent move and she would be finishing her schooling in NYC while also studying dance (a la School of American Ballet). First, there is the age discrepancy (someone said she was 12 at the time) & second is her technical issues. Maybe someone thought there was raw talent there and they could overcome her technical issues (in a summer intensive or something), but MTT/DCC always seems to exaggerate her accomplishments and abilities -- so along with the programs AMDA actually offers & their age requirements (I know, I know, VK is so great they agreed to take her at 12 😒), I remain skeptical about what she was actually offered vs. what was portrayed on the show.

Edited by hannahbanana
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
24 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

But the AMDA is a college with month long high school (age 14-19) summer programs, so what was she actually offered? A one year scholarship for what? A program especially designed for her? They acted like she was accepted into a prestigious dance school program where it would be a permanent move and she would be finishing her schooling in NYC while also studying dance (a la School of American Ballet). First, there is the age discrepancy (someone said she was 12 at the time) & second is her technical issues. Maybe someone thought there was raw talent there and they could overcome her technical issues (in a summer intensive or something), but MTT/DCC always seems to exaggerate her accomplishments and abilities -- so along with the programs AMDA actually offers & their age requirements (I know, I know, VK is so great they agreed to take her at 12 😒), I remain skeptical about what she was actually offered vs. what was portrayed on the show.

I wouldn't say they "acted like" anything, in particular. What they said was she's had a lot of opportunities through dance, one of which was winning a $20k scholarship when she was in 8th grade, and Tina didn't want her baby girl to go. It was a very short segment (about a minute in). Unless there were other times it was mentioned (and there very well might be, I don't remember everything that happens on the show), that's pretty much all that was said.

I suppose you could fault her for not mentioning that the competition gives out plenty of scholarships, many in greater amounts than what she won, but if someone were to ask me about my achievements, I wouldn't list all the scholarships I won and then point out that other people got scholarships too, and better ones than I did. I wouldn't consider it bragging or showing off to limit my comments to my own experiences. Your mileage may vary.

It could've been for a summer intensive, but $20k seems like a lot for just the summer. Having said that, I'm not familiar with the competition world in general or AMDA in particular, so I'm just sharing the facts that I am aware of.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yikes! These are 2020-2021 prices, and they are NOT inexpensive!!

It looks like $20k is less than 1/2 of one year for a 2 year or 4 year program. Don't get me wrong, any scholarship amount helps, but that's still a lot to come up with out of pocket.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Don't forget she supposedly auditioned for SYTYCD too

Yes, but that was more recent and, unless I'm mistaken, she never made it out of the cattle call round.  Rumor had it that, when she didn't make it out of the cattle call round, she was telling people that she HAD moved on, but turned it down to audition for the DCC (or was saying something really similar).

• Love 4
8 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

It looks like $20k is less than 1/2 of one year for a 2 year or 4 year program. Don't get me wrong, any scholarship amount helps, but that's still a lot to come up with out of pocket.

Remember, though, that Victoria would have been offered that scholarship around 10 years ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if the price doubled by now. I'm not a Victoria fan, I really don't care about her either way, but I'm guessing the story Tina told was the truth.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Remember, though, that Victoria would have been offered that scholarship around 10 years ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if the price doubled by now. I'm not a Victoria fan, I really don't care about her either way, but I'm guessing the story Tina told was the truth.

It’s presenting some fact in a way that makes the story seem better than it is. I agree she didn’t say full-ride scholarship.  But it’s like the reasonably priced house in good shape on a real estate site. They don’t say it has no driveway, is next to a concert venue, backs up to oil refinery and the schools are an hour away. It’s not the whole story. A $20k scholarship towards a summer intensive in NY would have been more accurate and just as quick. 

• LOL 2
17 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

They probably exaggerated it for the show. For instance, when Grace sells was in training camp they showed her ice skating and stated she " got 5th place at nationals" that is technically true, but they left out it was 5th place in the novice division, pairs ice dancing. Its still an accomplishment, but I feel like cmt wanted to insinuate she almost got a spot on the olympic team, or something.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Thank you - exactly.

I mentioned a dancer that danced with my daughter and while she has won titles and scholarships to summer intensives, she’s never won a school scholarship (she’s 16 or so now). 

Same dancer has won first place in her division consistently at YAGP which I feel is the more “legit.” 

I know of two dancers that have won 4 year college scholarships through NYCDA. Their level of dancing is just mind blowing - two very different styles too. VK isn’t up to their level now - what more at 12?