Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

He has been saying there relationship is a fake and that he is the boyfriend of kelcey boyfriend 

Right, because everyone is absolutely going to believe that he is going to out his own boyfriend, as both gay and a liar, on social media without warning...how does this guy think anyone will believe this?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Right, because everyone is absolutely going to believe that he is going to out his own boyfriend, as both gay and a liar, on social media without warning...how does this guy think anyone will believe this?

This sounds more as something from someone who has not been keeping up with his medication intake. For real.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, TN DCC fan said:

I saw this photo yesterday on Caroline’s IG.... is it me or is this photo very clearly photoshopped to make Tess look skinnier? 

I think Tess is really just super skinny.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think Tess is really just super skinny.

Agreed, yet I have to say it’s a very awkward pose with that right arm and shoulder. It actually looks scary!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

Agreed, yet I have to say it’s a very awkward pose with that right arm and shoulder. It actually looks scary!

That’s what I meant .... the arm going in at a weird angle makes the picture look photoshopped to me to make her look even skinnier.  Thanks for saying what my brain was thinking.  Lol 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/6/2021 at 6:23 PM, DCCOracle said:

re: Rachel W.

I think we've all learned over the last 2-3 years that if you're well liked by Kelli, in a position of power (group leader) or her BFF's daughter, you can get away with whatever you want. 

Not trying to start anything but the DCC are 2 for 2 when it comes to girls in blackface becoming the point of the triangle!!  Not a joke, just a fact!

Edited by Stee
  • Useful 8
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Stee said:

Not trying to start anything but the DCC are 2 for 2 when it comes to girls in blackface becoming the point of the triangle!!  Not a joke, just a fact!

Who was the last non-controversial point? Rachel W and Whitney have the whole blackface thing, Amy was one of the most invisible girls in DCC history up until she became point, Maddie and Jenn K and Kashara have always been super polarizing love-them-or-leave-them dancers, and didn't Holly have some scandal that was swept under the rug? Did Mia have anything going against her?

Maybe the more appropriate question is who has been the least controversial in recent years, instead of entirely non-controversial.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

didn't Holly have some scandal that was swept under the rug?

Another victim of the hacked iCloud.

10 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Did Mia have anything going against her?

Nothing that I'm aware of. Maybe she is the last non-controversial one?

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

Going down the list in reverse chronological order....

Rachel W. (blackface as Bruno Mars)
Maddie ("love her or hate her" category)
Amy (invisible for most of her tenure)
KaShara ("love her or hate her" category)
Jennifer A.  ("love her or hate her" category (?????) unsure about this one - not as obvious as Maddie or KaShara)
Holly A. (iCloud leak)
Mia Greenhouse
Whitney Isleib (blackface as Lil' Wayne)
Crystal Trevino
Nicole Hamilton
Elizabeth Davis

UGH Nicole Hamilton. They should've found a way to clone Nicole Hamilton. One of the greatest, if not THE greatest. 

Also was KaShara really THAT polarizing? I mean I get some didn't like her. But I always got the feeling the majority were fond of her. Or maybe that's just my own personal bias? To me she was the last TRUE point in that I didn't have any issues with her. 

Edited by Lona
  • Love 20
5 hours ago, Lona said:

Also was KaShara really THAT polarizing?

The only thing I read was some didn't like her accent.  Accents are a lot like thuts.   It's just what God gives you depending upon the region you are brought up in.

And she wasn't anorexic skinny.

• Love 8

I was meh about Kashara at point simply because I felt there were stronger dancers available. It was Jenna’s to lose, and lose it she did. That year was a shit show, and I think K ended up doing a great job. That said, I could be mentally revising history based on the yawn fest that came after. 

Also, Jenn A is a solid leader, well spoken and a pretty lady, but lacked that something extra for me as point. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think Kashara is as phony as a $2 bill.

I do too!!!!! I thought it was just me... i have very strong opinions on some of them, probably stronger than I should have, haha! My other phony is Caroline. Given her father was a professional basketball player she strikes me as one who lived a very charmed life. She is a very talented dancer but doesn't seem very humble at all in fact quite the opposite, very entitled... #ozark4 never forget 🙂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

I do too!!!!! I thought it was just me... i have very strong opinions on some of them, probably stronger than I should have, haha! My other phony is Caroline. Given her father was a professional basketball player she strikes me as one who lived a very charmed life. She is a very talented dancer but doesn't seem very humble at all in fact quite the opposite, very entitled... #ozark4 never forget 🙂

I'm always in two minds with Kashara. Sometimes I think she's hilarious because she's so unpolished and un-DCC but then I find her annoying at other times. However, she was a powerful dancer, very pretty, reliable (after her first night costume mishap), a strong leader and a great teammate. I liked her more when she roomed with Yuko and her reaction to being point was genuine and heartfelt. 

Caroline is an odd one to me. A beautiful, clean dancer, seems poised and well-spoken but very impressionable. Then again, most of these girls are pretty green, they've barely lived in the real world. Then again, they're adults, not children, they're responsible for themselves.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm always in two minds with Kashara. Sometimes I think she's hilarious because she's so unpolished and un-DCC but then I find her annoying at other times. However, she was a powerful dancer, very pretty, reliable (after her first night costume mishap), a strong leader and a great teammate. I liked her more when she roomed with Yuko and her reaction to being point was genuine and heartfelt. 

Caroline is an odd one to me. A beautiful, clean dancer, seems poised and well-spoken but very impressionable. Then again, most of these girls are pretty green, they've barely lived in the real world. Then again, they're adults, not children, they're responsible for themselves.

Caroline is beautiful and clean but she lacks that star quality that says "watch me, watch me." I don't know - I go back and forth. At first she was a favorite of mine (except for her bad habit of tucking her chin and pursing her lips when kicking). But now she's becoming more of a blender. On the other hand, I don't really favor anyone anymore... so maybe its just me and not her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Please add me to the 'I love KaShara-column'. I read too many Charles Dickens and Victor Hugo novels to start holding ones social background against someone, in this case Caroline. I tend to be very forgiving with people whose smiles light up the room.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Please add me to the 'I love KaShara-column'. I read too many Charles Dickens and Victor Hugo novels to start holding ones social background against someone, in this case Caroline. I tend to be very forgiving with people whose smiles light up the room.

This 100%. KaShara has such a fun, tomboy quality - she doesn't take herself too seriously. I think she was great at point, a real entertainer. Caroline seems mature, consistent, and professional. 

• Love 15

I think she meant 3 dollar bill.  I love Kashara too, but she definitely elicits strong opinions in both directions (as soon as someone said maybe she's not so polarizing, i was like "Bytor posting in 3...2...1").

• Love 3

Kristin is ENGAGED!!! 

So happy for her! I really do like her as a DCC and really respect her as a person. 

Surely this is setting a record for off-season engagements lol.

22984D0A-BB9D-4475-85E6-0DCF701A50E0.jpeg

• Love 23
25 minutes ago, Lona said:

Kristin is ENGAGED!!! 

So happy for her! I really do like her as a DCC and really respect her as a person. 

Surely this is setting a record for off-season engagements lol.

22984D0A-BB9D-4475-85E6-0DCF701A50E0.jpeg

Sigh, I adore her and just loathe everything about her fiancee he just seems like such a douche & I think she deserves better! I hope i'm wrong but whatev if she's happy... 

• Love 9
On 4/9/2021 at 11:01 AM, Teriyaki Terror said:

I'm confused since $2 bills are real money and still in circulation. 

I'm aware, it's an expression:

The original expression is "as phony (i.e. false) as a two dollar bill." This expression began at a time when there was no $2 bill in US currency and never had been. Then, in the late 1970's?, the US treasury began to print $2 bills, and the expression declined in use.

Regardless, Kashara is 🤢 as far as I'm concerned.

3 hours ago, TB12 said:

Sigh, I adore her and just loathe everything about her fiancee he just seems like such a douche & I think she deserves better! I hope i'm wrong but whatev if she's happy... 

LOL and I like her almost as much as I like Kashara 🤪

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Love that Alanna’s got her whole rookie class together for her bridal shower. Fun pics on Instagram. Out of group of 16, Bridget retired and Hannah/Gabby/Brennan cut, leaving 12 that finished this season. Guess we’ll see soon who’ll retire from this big ole class!

• Love 18
13 hours ago, TB12 said:

Didn’t her fiancé break up with her when she didn’t make DCC her first year and she had to beg him to take her back? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Didn’t her fiancé break up with her when she didn’t make DCC her first year and she had to beg him to take her back? 

That was the rumor and she seems so sweet. All of his posts I feel like he treats her like a showpiece and she seems to be constantly trying for his approval. Again, I don't know them just what I see and my two cents... 

• Useful 1
On 4/6/2021 at 6:23 PM, DCCOracle said:

re: Rachel W.

I think we've all learned over the last 2-3 years that if you're well liked by Kelli, in a position of power (group leader) or her BFF's daughter, you can get away with whatever you want. If the obvious COVID breaches that they shared on social media didn't land them in hot water (being on the bus - an enclosed space - maskless, for instance) then nothing will.

It would have to be a major screwup at this point to bring down the DCC organization.

I agree with what you’re saying, but I also don’t think what Rachel W. did was blackface. She wore her un-made up skin color and did not apply color cosmetics like blush or lipstick. Blackface is the darkening of your skin and lightening of your lips, regardless of the race of who you are impersonating. A few years ago a girl I knew in high school dressed up as Magda from Something About Mary. She darkened her skin and lightened her lips. Totally blackface, doesn’t matter that the Magda character was white. I think Rachel went to the party as she was. I don’t think her costume choice was the best, but I also don’t think it qualifies as blackface. 

If you really look at the photo, Jalyn, Kashara and Heather actually did darken their facial skin with makeup. But nobody said anything about it. I think what they did is closer to blackface than Rachel’s fake tan that she gets for cheerleading. 

ETA: I want to reiterate that I still think her costume choice was in poor taste. I just don’t think her tan was blackface because she didn’t deliberately change her physical appearance to create the character. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Cure4Anxiety said:

Dying at the “and Marissa!” comment on Kat’s IG reel of Kristin, Alanna, and Taylor’s engagements. 

$5 says Kat left her out for a reason 🙂

47F8AE46-DBE6-4D24-BB66-FA12499CF2D7.jpeg

Honestly she got engaged back home I don’t think they threw her any type of party when she got back 

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Honestly she got engaged back home I don’t think they threw her any type of party when she got back 

My point exactly. She doesn’t seem to be close to most of them... probably for a reason. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but the comment just seemed like a histrionic attempt by a marauder offended Marissa wasn’t mentioned. 

• Love 9

I thought Alanna might be retiring this year since she got engaged and her fiancé lives in California ( I think). But I noticed her wedding is on April 30, 2022. So maybe she is going to give it one more year. Not saying that she couldn’t be engaged or married and do DCC like Lexie has, but thought she may want to be with her fiancé in Cali during this special time in their lives. But I’m leaning towards she may give DCC one more year now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I dont get the trend of having all your friends around when you've just got engaged, like Kristin. 

It seemed like they got engaged at a pub and she ran out and all the DCC girls were there waiting for her? Is that a thing the kids are doing these days?

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

I dont get the trend of having all your friends around when you've just got engaged, like Kristin. 

It seemed like they got engaged at a pub and she ran out and all the DCC girls were there waiting for her? Is that a thing the kids are doing these days?

It was like a restaurant/pub brunch !! I’m sure her fiancée had the girls come and surprise her she also had friends from ice angels there as well 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It was like a restaurant/pub brunch !! I’m sure her fiancée had the girls come and surprise her she also had friends from ice angels there as well 

I find that so weird. Almost like your friends know you are getting proposed to before you do. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, onthebubble said:

Did Kristin go to Alanna's party right after? 

On 4/11/2021 at 9:17 PM, ClosetBachJunkie said:

Put me in the confused column under "Phony as a $2 bill." Never heard that expression before, $2 bills are real, and I thought ByTor was trying to say that KaShara seems fake but is actually adorable.

Aging myself, I guess LOL

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, Kamal said:

image.thumb.png.3b87b9cfa20c4d12b7968b367598177d.png

This is the most pure friend group. These five girls were the ones who organized the bridal shower!! 

Always surprised to see Chandi as part of that friend group being that she's so young. I guess she is more mature that others her age.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Always surprised to see Chandi as part of that friend group being that she's so young. I guess she is more mature that others her age.

That is true, and she's also not a 2018 rookie class either so her being there makes me think that this friend  group is very nice.

Is there a place where I can find the age of the girls?

On 4/11/2021 at 8:17 PM, ClosetBachJunkie said:

Put me in the confused column under "Phony as a $2 bill." Never heard that expression before, $2 bills are real, and I thought ByTor was trying to say that KaShara seems fake but is actually adorable.

A digression, but for those interested in the etymology:

The expression is/was primarily "as queer as a 2 dollar bill" and was a way of saying someone was pretending to be straight. 2 dollar bills have pretty much always existed, since the Civil War. But there was a short period of time were they were legal tender, but not being issued. Around that same period of time, the word "queer" was used both for it's original meaning of "unusual" and as a, at the time not as accepted as offensive as it is now, term for homosexual. The expression "as queer as a 2 dollar bill" was just a play on the rarity of the 2 dollar bill and the double meaning of the word "queer", unusual as well as homosexual. People began to view/accept the word "queer" as offensive and stop using it, and at the same time the understood meaning of the expression was slowly changing from "pretending to be straight" to just "pretending" or "fake." Thus the expression "phony as a 2 dollar bill" was born. You'll also occasionally hear the phrase "phony as a 3 dollar bill" from people who realize 2 dollar bills do exist, but didn't understand the etymology of the phrase and were trying to be more accurate, and on rare occasion, "queer as a 3 dollar bill" from people who just heard all of the above in various contexts and got it all confused.

• Useful 7
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, aterjuholmes said:

A digression, but for those interested in the etymology:

The expression is/was primarily "as queer as a 2 dollar bill" and was a way of saying someone was pretending to be straight. 2 dollar bills have pretty much always existed, since the Civil War. But there was a short period of time were they were legal tender, but not being issued. Around that same period of time, the word "queer" was used both for it's original meaning of "unusual" and as a, at the time not as accepted as offensive as it is now, term for homosexual. The expression "as queer as a 2 dollar bill" was just a play on the rarity of the 2 dollar bill and the double meaning of the word "queer", unusual as well as homosexual. People began to view/accept the word "queer" as offensive and stop using it, and at the same time the understood meaning of the expression was slowly changing from "pretending to be straight" to just "pretending" or "fake." Thus the expression "phony as a 2 dollar bill" was born. You'll also occasionally hear the phrase "phony as a 3 dollar bill" from people who realize 2 dollar bills do exist, but didn't understand the etymology of the phrase and were trying to be more accurate, and on rare occasion, "queer as a 3 dollar bill" from people who just heard all of the above in various contexts and got it all confused.

@aterjuholmes, you are my people. My husband makes fun of me for religiously listening to etymology and History of Language podcasts, but then is all butthurt when I get almost every Jeopardy question correct...even the ones about Chemistry (which I know nothing about). But seriously, nearly half of the questions can be answered by knowing how words are related to each other!

I digress....

Im in the boat where I’m finding these “spontaneous-but-really-planned-with-my-entire-social-media-friends-list-present” proposals a little strange. Have to admit, Alanna is one of my favorites -she is just so adorable. Her proposal looked so sweet and she seemed so thrilled. But.....I’m glad my husband didn’t do anything like that...it was a really special moment between just the two of us. We got to enjoy 2 full days of engagement and didnt have to talk to 100 people in the immediate aftermath. 

Regardless, these girls will all be ridiculously beautiful brides. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Kamal said:

image.thumb.png.3b87b9cfa20c4d12b7968b367598177d.png

This is the most pure friend group. These five girls were the ones who organized the bridal shower!! 

I'm so happy for Alanna. It's really is sweet to see that the sisterhood is alive and well. It's strange the only person I never see at these instagramable bonding hangouts or special occasions is Victoria. Even before she got the boyfriend.  Not digging at her, just an observation. I thought maybe she isn't close to anyone on the team. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

I'm so happy for Alanna. It's really is sweet to see that the sisterhood is alive and well. It's strange the only person I never see at these instagramable bonding hangouts or special occasions is Victoria. Even before she got the boyfriend.  Not digging at her, just an observation. I thought maybe she isn't close to anyone on the team. 

I'd say the same about Lisa too. She did visit Taylor P over the weekend and a couple of the rookies have been to her heels classes but other than that, nothing. I love that the whole of Alanna's rookie class turned up for her shower. They're definitely one of the best we've ever had, both dance-wise and personality-wise. Also, made me miss Bridget all over again!

• Love 15

Alannah shower was attending just by her rookie class and then few diffrent team mates !! Plus a couple retired girls !!! Tess and Gina didn’t go to the shower either neither did Maddie 

• Love 1