Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

I think it's interesting how Kashara wasn't on showgroup until her third year when she became point. (It's kinda like Kat becoming point next year)

I started watching this show since last year so were a lot of people surprised that Kashara was chosen over other reliable/predictable vets like Lacey?

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

I think it's interesting how Kashara wasn't on showgroup until her third year when she became point.

I think about this all the time! It would be like Madeline, Lisa, Taylor J, Alanna, etc. being point next year

• Love 1

Hate to admit that while Gina looks far better at point than Amy it Maddie, my eyes are drawn to Rachel at point. What happened to CAroline? I was sure she was frontrunner. I want Amanda up there myself but hey. 

Also Kashara got lucky when a bunch of girls screwed up but she’s far better than Kat. Kat is there for looks period. 

• Love 9

For me, Rachel W. is pretty enough, but her facial expression and dynamics seem to remain the same all throughout.  One thing Kash knew how to do was work the facials.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Kamal said:

I think it's interesting how Kashara wasn't on showgroup until her third year when she became point. (It's kinda like Kat becoming point next year)

I started watching this show since last year so were a lot of people surprised that Kashara was chosen over other reliable/predictable vets like Lacey?

Definitely surprised! Everyone thought it would be Jenna, Erica, or Holly. Kashara was never mentioned as a possibility. Then all the drama happened that summer and Kashara benefited from all of it. 

Does anyone remember where Kashara was in the thunderstruck formation her second year? 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Definitely surprised! Everyone thought it would be Jenna, Erica, or Holly. Kashara was never mentioned as a possibility. Then all the drama happened that summer and Kashara benefited from all of it. 

Does anyone remember where Kashara was in the thunderstruck formation her second year? 

I would've LOVED to see Holly P at point. She had a sparkle that very few DCC have had. Sure, she was very confident but she could sell any routine. Super clean and fun in the DCC style and spectacular in everything else!

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Kamal said:

I don’t remember anyone being surprised it wasn’t Lacey - she’s pretty and reliable but lacks some of that punch and sparkle. But lots of shock that it was Kashara in the end, and reminders that she got rookie of the year.  Kashara is fun to watch, but it was 100% Jenna until she screwed up. I never pictured Erica or Kerstyn for point either.  (And I feel like we all missed Kashara as point when it ended up being Amy/Maddie. Like if we were baffled by Kashara, Kelli was like hold my beer.)

17 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I would've LOVED to see Holly P at point. She had a sparkle that very few DCC have had. Sure, she was very confident but she could sell any routine. Super clean and fun in the DCC style and spectacular in everything else!

I think Holly is such an excellent dancer, but I wouldn’t have liked her at point. Her facials bug the mess out of me. She was point for the hip hop routine and she sells it, but she had a combo of a stank and smug face for it that lost me. She throws in that extra like Gina does too. I’m trying to picture who would have made a clean point if Holly and Gina were the triangle. Lol. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Well aware that the following is SO UNPOPULAR.... 

For me, point should be about the girl that draws you in the most. I get Rachel W. for the photogenic thing but she really doesn't draw you in. Neither does Caroline. Not many of them do TBH. 

IMO Amanda has great facials and that "it" quality.

But here is where I will get yelled out... I know people don't like Marissa's look but when she's dancing with a group in prep classes my eye is on her.

And here is where you will evict me from this forum. You know who else draws me in? Kat. There I said it. She might not be dancing correctly, but she is making me watch her.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

For me, point should be about the girl that draws you in the most. I get Rachel W. for the photogenic thing but she really doesn't draw you in. Neither does Caroline. Not many of them do TBH. 

But here is where I will get yelled out... I know people don't like Marissa's look but when she's dancing with a group in prep classes my eye is on her.

And here is where you will evict me from this forum. You know who else draws me in? Kat. There I said it. She might not be dancing correctly, but she is making me watch her.

I highly doubt anyone is going to give you a "yelling out".

My problem with Marissa is well known.  I find her utterly ugly beyond belief and an absolute attention whore.  That's why I cannot get past any attempt to like her.  Her stringy hair, squinty eyes and Wallace & Grommet grimace face when she smiles big, instantly kill it for me.  I cannot wait for the day Marissa retires.

As for Kat, even though she's not my fav, she is incredibly beautiful with an über bubbly personality so I can see where that attracts fans.

I do agree Amanda has something special about her.  I hope they feature her more if she decides to stay another season.

Edited by go4luca
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I highly doubt anyone is going to give you a "yelling out".

My problem with Marissa is well known.  I find her utterly ugly beyond belief and an absolute attention whore.  That's why I cannot get past any attempt to like her.  Her stringy hair, squinty eyes and Wallace & Grommet grimace face when she smiles big, instantly kill it for me.  I cannot wait for the day Marissa retires.

As for Kat, even though she's not my fav, she is incredibly beautiful with an über bubbly personality so I can see where that attracts fans.

I do agree Amanda has something special about her.  I hope they feature her more if she decides to stay another season.

Haha to be fair, I don't really like either one of them either. I am actually annoyed that my eye gets drawn to them. But they do have that quality.

Hmmm - do Attention whores = point?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

I agree with this with the dances I've watched her do but when I saw her in this, she was the shortest there. She reminded me of a DCC jr. My only issue is in most dances she does something different than the others in the dances. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Holly P would have been brilliant. The dance skills of Gina with the facials and showmanship of Kashera. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

If liking Kat is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Kat is 'Shock And Awe' on Lucchese cowboy boots and she is not even bad at dancing. No one is going to ask who she was when talking about former DCC's. When you see her, you remember her. Kat is what a DCC should look like. That's just on the looks-department. Her fun and charming personality has no match. Which current DCC could have answered the questions Kat got to answer during the DCC panel interviews?

I said it before and I say it again: Kat has got more glamour and charm in her little pinky than most DCC's in their entire bodies. Yes, I am on #TeamKat

I am also on #TeamAmanda!

• Love 23

I would love Gina as point for her facial expressions. People say her mouth is open and her face is weird but I actually think her over the top expressions is what I like. I don't see much facial expressions from other point runner ups except for Amanda.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Haha to be fair, I don't really like either one of them either. I am actually annoyed that my eye gets drawn to them. But they do have that quality.

Hmmm - do Attention whores = point?

Well, in my opinion, the ‘perfect’ point girl was Nicole Hamilton...who I would never call an attention whore. She was the full package IMO.  She was pretty, had massive sex appeal, and was a powerful dancer! You couldn't help but be drawn to her when she danced. She never came across as a ‘look at me’ sort of girl. She just had all the ‘it’ factors! 

Edited by Pksbena1
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

I agree with this with the dances I've watched her do but when I saw her in this, she was the shortest there. She reminded me of a DCC jr. My only issue is in most dances she does something different than the others in the dances. 

Well I guess Marissa and VK have something in common!  They dance to their own beat!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

My only issue is in most dances she does something different than the others in the dances. 

I've noticed this as well.  Not in a good way either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, kalibean said:

I don’t remember anyone being surprised it wasn’t Lacey - she’s pretty and reliable but lacks some of that punch and sparkle. But lots of shock that it was Kashara in the end, and reminders that she got rookie of the year.  Kashara is fun to watch, but it was 100% Jenna until she screwed up. I never pictured Erica or Kerstyn for point either.  (And I feel like we all missed Kashara as point when it ended up being Amy/Maddie. Like if we were baffled by Kashara, Kelli was like hold my beer.)

LOL!!!

13 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

giphy.gif

GjLVhCs.gif

I cannot "Like" this enough!

• Love 7

McKenzie seems to be loved by the DCC staff (K&J). She is on a lot of DCC promotions. I like it. I also love that my girl Chandi is on promotions as well !!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

giphy.gif

GjLVhCs.gif

Wow, McKenzie is amazing! Bloody hell, that quintuple is nearly flawless (I'd only say a little more releve but it looks hard in those Laduca heels). I love her love for Broadway jazz and she's great in that style. I feel like we didn't get to see her much this season. If she can do other styles, she should be a shoo-in for show group. But SG already has a leggy blonde who can turn. Oh wait...

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

I am not often happy that K&J agree with me, but obviously they do re Gina!  I have nothing against the girl.  She seems supportive of her team mates.  I just don't think that face and the open mouth belong in the point position.  How many times have K&J told girls to replace an open mouth with a sweet smile?  I don't have a "must have" for point.  

They need to have Kash take the top 3 point hopefuls and teach them body language and facials.  Maybe Gina could be trained?  But I would still rather see Amber or Amanda or others I can't think of.

• Love 6

every time i see an example of a girl with incredible dance technique and training and realize it’s being used to shake pom poms, i’m really confused. why do they act like the training is utilized here

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
18 hours ago, kalibean said:

I think Holly is such an excellent dancer, but I wouldn’t have liked her at point. Her facials bug the mess out of me. She was point for the hip hop routine and she sells it, but she had a combo of a stank and smug face for it that lost me. She throws in that extra like Gina does too. I’m trying to picture who would have made a clean point if Holly and Gina were the triangle. Lol. 

Could not agree more... yes Holly was a GREAT dancer but her smug, no one can touch me attitude was such a turn off, get over it girl you're a DCC top dog on a football cheer team that lost world class long ago that's why she was such a star and i also found her facials distracting and not fun...

• Love 5
10 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

giphy.gif

GjLVhCs.gif

I really like Makenzie. She stood out to me in TC. She's got the full DCC package. Beautiful, sexy, technical dancer, loved by team. I also like that she looks a bit more mature than the other rookies, but still looks fresh. I hope she sticks around and K&J are good to her. 

• Love 16
16 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

Well, in my opinion, the ‘perfect’ point girl was Nicole Hamilton...who I would never call an attention whore. She was the full package IMO.  She was pretty, had massive sex appeal, and was a powerful dancer! You couldn't help but be drawn to her when she danced. She never came across as a ‘look at me’ sort of girl. She just had all the ‘it’ factors! 

And here's where I expect to get tomatoes pelted at me, but I don't get the fuss about her at all. Her "extra" was just waaaaayyyy too extra, I find watching her very distracting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm team Amanda but I love a more senior vet for point so my dream point will be Gina and Amber sharing point with Ashlee and Rachel W by the side. I really don't care for Caroline.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

I'm team Amanda but I love a more senior vet for point so my dream point will be Gina and Amber sharing point with Ashlee and Rachel W by the side. I really don't care for Caroline.

Personally, I prefer which lady shines at point over seniority.  Otherwise they may as well have awarded Jinelle point.  As nice as a DCC rep as she seemed, I never could have seen her as point.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Personally, I prefer which lady shines at point over seniority.  Otherwise they may as well have awarded Jinelle point.  As nice as a DCC rep as she seemed, I never could have seen her as point.

This all day long. It's a dance team. Maybe just put the best dancer up there. Even if she's a 2nd year. If said girl was just that much of a rock star, why make her wait for at least 2 more years and possibly leave...yea..I'm still salty about Bridget.   I understand rewarding ladies for staying with the organization  and being good ambassadors..but that's how we end up with a Amy as point

Edited by MeeMee2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

And here's where I expect to get tomatoes pelted at me, but I don't get the fuss about her at all. Her "extra" was just waaaaayyyy too extra, I find watching her very distracting.

🍅

JK 😇

Edited by Tuxcat
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, vanillagum said:

every time i see an example of a girl with incredible dance technique and training and realize it’s being used to shake pom poms, i’m really confused. why do they act like the training is utilized here

I always wondered the same thing. When K&J talk about a girl having tons of technical training, or lack thereof.. I always wonder does that really matter in a hard hitting pom style? I danced for several years and just don't really understand. I can see for certain positions, like when they passe in the kick line. But it's not as if they're going to be doing chaines & jetés across the field, and I can almost promise most people watching them will not care if their foot is pointed in those boots 🤣. Just my two cents.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, SunnyK said:

I always wondered the same thing. When K&J talk about a girl having tons of technical training, or lack thereof.. I always wonder does that really matter in a hard hitting pom style? I danced for several years and just don't really understand. I can see for certain positions, like when they passe in the kick line. But it's not as if they're going to be doing chaines & jetés across the field, and I can almost promise most people watching them will not care if their foot is pointed in those boots 🤣. Just my two cents.

Yes and this is why the show itself has changed over the years. Recall in the beginning, they were not all trained dancers and "training camp" was in fact a training period. It was actually fun back then to watch some of the less technically inclined learn the power pom style. Over the years, Kelli did hang on to this idea of shaping and molding an untrained girl - enter all her little pet projects. Good for TV.

Now, I don't agree with the world class moniker but it does seem that the majority of these girls today have a wide background in dance. So by nature of competing for a spot, the girl needs to have skills to compete (unless you are a pet).

To the dancers in the group, I can see the difference easily if I'm looking for it. You can still spot heavy dancing and flexed feet... - but I don't know that it matters that much to the general viewer? 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, SunnyK said:

i think kelli and judy are deluded as to what being a DCC requires. i mean, a lifetime of dance to be an NFL cheerleader? really?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 4/20/2021 at 8:57 PM, Tuxcat said:

To the dancers in the group, I can see the difference easily if I'm looking for it. You can still spot heavy dancing and flexed feet... - but I don't know that it matters that much to the general viewer? 

I don't know anything at all about dance... All I care about is being entertained. I am looking for a great show; dancers who are in sync, some amazing dance routines (don't care about the technical aspect) have fun and that extra sparkle that draws you in. 

Guess that explains why I liked Kashara so much... Some dance experts on here pointed out that she (sometimes?) lacked in technical skills which is something I cannot see.

And suddenly I had to think about Jenna too... I highly doubt that dance lessons on army bases and from a Korean lady who doesn't speak English count as professional training...yet she pulled it off every single time! I loved to see her dance!

• Love 12
On 4/20/2021 at 1:48 PM, SunnyK said:

Most people will be saying, “what foot? What boot?” 🤣🤣

I almost tried out in my prime (late 90s) because a DCC came to talk to our drill team. I was seeing blue and silver. I went to college and became a teacher and just never made the time, but I still love to dance. If I tried out today, I’d be a “bless her heart,she’s living in the past” person. 

• Love 6

I am LOVING Gina at point!  Waaaay overdue.  She's so fun to watch.  Get rid of Rachel W (no offense,  she dances fine but she always looks so bored) and give me Amanda, Amber,  or Ashlee as the co-point.

Lexie, Chandi, and Rachel A were killing it in that clip.  K&J need to stop sleeping on Rachel A.... she's a powerhouse!!  

One last thing....

#TeamKat.... that is all.

• Love 15
On 4/19/2021 at 1:45 AM, DCCdoll said:

That’s def Lexie not vk lol. Poor vk, everyone assumes it’s her lol

No VK is in the center back. Lexie is up front. Definitely VK. 

• Love 6