Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, go4luca said:

If this was already posted, feel free to thwap me with a smelly, wet herring.

The. 2020 rookie class.

jbo97_1620095213_5.jpg

From this angle Armani looks like she's preggers in that horrible dress. Believe me, i'd love to look as good as these ladies but that is NOT a good angle... 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TB12 said:

From this angle Armani looks like she's preggers in that horrible dress. Believe me, i'd love to look as good as these ladies but that is NOT a good angle... 

Yeah she looks hella thick. I hope it is just a weird angle

• Love 1
On 4/30/2021 at 3:31 PM, Tuxcat said:

I wasn't suggesting that women should conform in order to reduce the lust of men. I was suggesting the reverse. The hot pants movement of the past was born with a direct goal. Use women to lure men to games. And lets pay these women next to nothing. The intention was to exploit. So I do question why in 2021 we are still operating from that business model. We can chant female empowerment and celebrate the body - all we want but those cheerleaders are still there for a very viable economic and potentially exploitive reason. Now if they were paid more and they used a variety of costumes to enhance their dance/craft, I suppose I would think differently. And hey, maybe they love having the shortest of short shorts and if that's the case fine. To me though -every few years - I pause. And I think  it just all looks a little bit much when we know what the true intention was from the start. 

I think Washington holds the record for shortest shorts! lol

Washington Short Shorts.jpg

• LOL 1
On 5/4/2021 at 7:18 AM, parrotfeathers said:

I'm in the minority but that's okay.  I can live with it fine.  As much as I absolutely hated Marissa's carrot butt comments and will always associate that with her name, I do think she is a good DCC.  I saw an instagram thing where she spoke and she is very articulate and doesn't say "basically," "like," "uh," and all those other phrases used by girls her age.

Hoping she continues to mature in her tiki tok stuff.  Hubby asked what tik tok was and I couldn't really explain it and just said it's something kids use.

Rachel W says “uh” and “um” so many times and she’s competed in pageants. Former TCC Gina Marie was very well spoken

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Their pro bowl uniform the year Lacey was the DCC rep:

5a6a04a08e745_redskinsbad.thumb.jpg.9e6e039e0ad3ad44cc41f9dc26e39764.jpg

Ok For those among us who believe that the white DCC-shorts are too short; They are actually quite modest compared to this...The outfit above is downright ridiculous and tasteless! For the girls it must be quite humiliating to have your ‘cheeks’ exposed like this!

• Love 12
(edited)
14 hours ago, Kamal said:

I think I'm in the minority but I love Marissa's dress. Yes, it looks like a prom dress but is that not appropriate ?

I love her dress too!

I’m curious what the stated dress code actually is... you’ve got some wild interpretations goin’ on in that photo. My best guess is semi-formal? Most of the outfits would be totally normal to see at a ( on black tie or more formal) wedding up here in Boston... and others look like they’re for a tea party... not to mention the beach cover up!

Edited by Lunacat
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, BulaKitty said:

Honestly I feel like the only ones that got it right are Jessica, McKenzie, Alora and Sydney(girl in black). Everyone else's outfits are too short/long, ill fitting or ugly.

Darian's pant suit is okay with me. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

I think Washington holds the record for shortest shorts! lol

Washington Short Shorts.jpg

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I don't know if it was the Redskins or another team, but I remember seeing a picture (maybe here?) a few years back where the shorts were MAYBE 2" wide at their widest and barely covered everything.  Something similar to this:

image.png.365db1a9717d62f5ab79ff742500fff4.png

I would always have to wonder how they danced in those things without flashing everyone.  I think those particular shorts went away pretty quick because even the thinnest girls would likely have trouble wearing them.

1 hour ago, PicnicLife77 said:

Yeah the concept is good. I just don't think it's fits her particularly well. Bit of tailoring and she's sweet 👌

• Love 1
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Ouch!  Those shorts look almost painful!  Please tell me the front had more coverage!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Look! Look everyone! Here's Amanda with straight hair!!!! I'm legit trying to distract from the booty floss shorts pics! 

Screenshot_20210506-214315~2.png

What booty shorts? All I see is AMANDA WITH STRAIGHT HAIR OMG!!!!! lol :) 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Look! Look everyone! Here's Amanda with straight hair!!!! I'm legit trying to distract from the booty floss shorts pics! 

Screenshot_20210506-214315~2.png

Hey, it's Amanda with straight hair!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, PicnicLife77 said:

Fashion-wise it would be fine. However, if this particular banquet comes with a dress code (and I suspect it does) then she probably missed the mark. Those are generally quite conservative, meaning  a dress for women. If you don’t stick to it, you stand out and will stand out like a sore thumb, no matter how gorgeous you look.

In the military, you get sent home to change if your dress, suit or uniform isn’t conform the code. (Heck, I remember one occasion where they measured the length of a dress if it looked to short!) Dress codes are very specific

(edited)

image.png.57ed5a70f1c2548728a933871c6f6796.png

Dani Eli Taylor Erin guest teacher amber Kristin chandi kelcey Lisa

Rachel Lexie guest teacher Gina tess Caroline

Edited by Kamal
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

My predictions for the 8 who are retiring... (not including Alanna or Rachel A)

1. Maddie

2. Tess

3. Lexie

4. Savannah

5. Cianna

6. Briana

I am literally praying for this list to go... Maybe not Cici but everyone else can get the chop ESPECIALLY Maddie & Tess. Lexie too. Savannah is gorgeous but all of them look tired and older, they need to let it go. In past seasons, vets would stay 5 years but they would stay in shape and would get better throughout the years. Idk what changed but they start to look washed up after 2 years now.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dccstan said:

I am literally praying for this list to go... Maybe not Cici but everyone else can get the chop ESPECIALLY Maddie & Tess. Lexie too. Savannah is gorgeous but all of them look tired and older, they need to let it go. In past seasons, vets would stay 5 years but they would stay in shape and would get better throughout the years. Idk what changed but they start to look washed up after 2 years now.

I'm pretty sure someone said Maddie posted a retirement speech on Instagram.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I'm pretty sure someone said Maddie posted a retirement speech on Instagram.

Unless she posted it on a story, she hasn't announced anything on her Instagram posts!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think they said an IG live

I swear I've thought of starting a DCC YouTube channel that has all this stuff on it so we can reference it hahaha

• Love 9
1 minute ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I'd subscribe to that. 

Should I? I'll do it only if I'd get the backup. I've always wanted to post all the little uncomfortable situations, sneaky things, and contradictions that go on in the show purely for entertainment hahaha

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, dccstan said:

Should I? I'll do it only if I'd get the backup. I've always wanted to post all the little uncomfortable situations, sneaky things, and contradictions that go on in the show purely for entertainment hahaha

Yes please!!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dccstan said:

Yes!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

It's not fair for Maddie and Tess to stay. They're taking up spots in the triangle and group leader positions.

It’s like I totally agree with this ... while at the same feeling guilty because Maddie really HAS given a lot to the organization. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

It's not fair for Maddie and Tess to stay. They're taking up spots in the triangle and group leader positions.

Let’s take judges’ ranking off the table* for a moment.  I reject the idea that once you’ve scaled a mountain that you cannot be willing to climb down it.  What I mean is that Maddie should be able to forgo point or group leadership in the organization if she wishes to stay in it and give others the chance to shine.   I don’t know if that works culturally within DCC, but it makes no sense to me you have to be a reliable blender if you meet top 36 standards and want to do a Durso run.  It becomes a disincentive to achieve #1 if you trade more years on the team for it.

*Maddie is a shockingly low scoring vet to be point.   I am thinking of KaShara.  If she was inclined to stay, acknowledging she would move back on the triangle as a condition should be her choice.

• Love 6

This is 100% my opinion, but I feel five years is definitely tops for most of these girls, especially with Jenna’s 6th year debacle. Sydney staying seven seemed a bit much. I will say that due to last years season being awful, it might be hard for Maddie or Tess to say goodbye, but they both bore me to tears. Especially hearing about Tess’s management “ahem” tactics.  Maddie doesn’t bother near as much as others, but she’s just not that “star” that I expect at point. Now, Gina, I’d watch her all day long. Gina, Amanda, Rachel😭,  and Ashlee are some fantastic dancers that would look awesome there. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I didn’t watch the show after viewing it every year since the 2 hour special. Just couldn’t do it. I wonder id they’ll even have one this year. 

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I reject the idea that once you’ve scaled a mountain that you cannot be willing to climb down it.  What I mean is that Maddie should be able to forgo point or group leadership in the organization if she wishes to stay in it and give others the chance to shine.  

I am speaking for myself now, but I worked hard and did extra courses to get where I am today and there is no way I am going to step back just to let others shine. If they want to shine, step up and show you can do better than me.  Then I'll step back (or resign).

I am sure Maddie could 'step back' if she asked Kelli not be considered as point or group leader. But...that would be very hard for anyone. Once you have trained to be a leader and have been a leader, it is hard to not be a leader especially when in exactly the same group/department. It is bound to lead to conflicts with the new leaders or make for one very unhappy previous leader as it feels all wrong. Moreover, stepping back and essentially asking to be demoted, does not make you look good and professional in the eyes of your bosses or co-workers.

Edited by LilyD
spelling correction
  • Love 16

Having worked my butt off in my career for management spots, there is no way people can just step back.  And it would be very awkward for any leader to have Maddie in their group.  

That being said I firmly believe 5 years is enough for anyone to be a DCC and K and J should bring in Maddie and Tess and say we love you but there is a big world out there and go find it.  All of the seconds could easily be group leaders and Gina is returning.  I suspect that Maddie is retiring because of her knee.  it's true other girls should have a time to shine and move up in the triangle.  With just 8 retirements, I see some potential vet cuts.

I had hoped Kristen would retire.  She's a little soft and not the best dancer and after attacking her own organization in posts, it is time to move on.  Briana is older and she complained in a media post that she would be hurting for days after dancing with McKenzie so I believe her body is telling her to hang up the boots.  I know ego gets involved but just like Christina some people need to realize it's time to go.  As much as I rooted for Brennan, I had hoped she did not try out last year as I personally saw a cut coming.  Then of course I predicted Lily and Meredith's cut and was shocked Kat was not cut.  

• Love 10

There are some I wish would retire but I totally understand if they want to stay and have a full/regular more normal  season. I hope they give GIna a chance for the top spot— I would actually like to see a rotation and give a shot to others— Jaylan, cianna etc but I know probably not that easy as sounds — as  then have to place everyone else—

• Love 5
2 hours ago, tteek74 said:

This is 100% my opinion, but I feel five years is definitely tops for most of these girls, especially with Jenna’s 6th year debacle. Sydney staying seven seemed a bit much. I will say that due to last years season being awful, it might be hard for Maddie or Tess to say goodbye, but they both bore me to tears. Especially hearing about Tess’s management “ahem” tactics.  Maddie doesn’t bother near as much as others, but she’s just not that “star” that I expect at point. Now, Gina, I’d watch her all day long. Gina, Amanda, Rachel😭,  and Ashlee are some fantastic dancers that would look awesome there. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I didn’t watch the show after viewing it every year since the 2 hour special. Just couldn’t do it. I wonder id they’ll even have one this year. 

I'm putting my tin foil hat on and say that after Jenna left, the DCC now has a policy stating that a girl can only be a DCC for a maximum of 5 years. But we will see if Maddie or Tess decide to return or not.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I'm putting my tin foil hat on and say that after Jenna left, the DCC now has a policy stating that a girl can only be a DCC for a maximum of 5 years. But we will see if Maddie or Tess decide to return or not.

The year after Jenna left the show had a clip of Jinelle in the office with K&J sort of suggesting that she stay another year, so I don't know about that. I would agree though that five years should be the limit - at that point you've gone through enough of your adult life that you should move on and focus on other things, whether it's a family, legitimate career, or anything else.

Didn't S12 Alexandria say that she was forced to retire from the Patriots after four years and only got to stay because she became a coach of sorts? Does anyone know if any other NFL or NBA teams have similar maximum tenures?

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, DCCFan2021 said:

The year after Jenna left the show had a clip of Jinelle in the office with K&J sort of suggesting that she stay another year, so I don't know about that. I would agree though that five years should be the limit - at that point you've gone through enough of your adult life that you should move on and focus on other things, whether it's a family, legitimate career, or anything else.

Didn't S12 Alexandria say that she was forced to retire from the Patriots after four years and only got to stay because she became a coach of sorts? Does anyone know if any other NFL or NBA teams have similar maximum tenures?

I think that's the point of @DCCFan197605.

If a girl wants to stay longer than 5 years,  then how about step aside and just dance with DCC for fun. Let others take the more serious and active roles, while you - the older wiser - take a more serious role in something outside DCC.

The counter argument seems to be that leaders shouldn't give up being leaders because they worked hard in their careers. But DCC isn't exactly a career. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

The counter argument seems to be that leaders shouldn't give up being leaders because they worked hard in their careers. But DCC isn't exactly a career

lol right? this isn’t a normal job. not sure why real-life career comparisons are relevant. everyone’s there for a short time. i can totally imagine how annoying it would be to be a vet with all the skills and power to be a leader but who’s unable to be one because someone else can’t let go of their glory days. 6 years is wild. like, why should you continue to be a leader or point just because you stuck around a long time? like, by default. because no one else is worthy of that or compares? unlikely. why should mere seniority keep you in that position? it’s silly. i don’t think going from, say, a group leader to a lowly little group member (the horror!) is the end of the world. you’re just making room for someone else to shine—you got to. why can’t someone else? this isn’t a normal job.  if anything, it’d be nice to be a newly minted group leader with a former group leader in your group who’s willing to give you a few pointers or advice here and there. i don’t think that’s something inherently awkward. it’s awkward if you can’t swallow your pride and get over yourself, sure. it’s not a demotion, just a passing of the torch. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I had hoped Kristen would retire.  She's a little soft and not the best dancer and after attacking her own organization in posts, it is time to move on.

kristen used to be one of my faves but i’m so annoyed by her now. you can’t have your cake and eat it, too—you can’t (rightfully, imo) publicly shit on and basically denounce your employer when they do something nasty, garner tons of sympathy, “like” anti judy and kelli comments on social media, and then come groveling back and trying to pretend it didn’t happen. i thought for sure with the way she was acting and what she was saying, she wouldn’t in a million years try out again. the fact she’s doing so is embarrassing, and i really wouldn’t be surprised if they’re holding a grudge and waiting to cut her in retaliation. they barely even liked her to begin with.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

publicly shit on and basically denounce your employer when they do something nasty, garner tons of sympathy, “like” anti judy and kelli comments on social media,

I know a lot of you are not gonna agree but (as far as I remember) Kristen technically didn't call out K and J. She called out MTT for the editing she got. 

Almost the same thing but technically a whole different story.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
22 minutes ago, Kamal said:

I know a lot of you are not gonna agree but (as far as I remember) Kristen technically didn't call out K and J. She called out MTT for the editing she got. 

Almost the same thing but technically a whole different story.

Not when Kelli is a producer and works with MTT on edits/storylines

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Not when Kelli is a producer and works with MTT on edits/storylines

lol right. as if kelli is just a cog without influence (at the very least) and has no idea what message the show is gonna send. also i’m pretty sure she was liking and responding to tons of comments that were pointing to them both as responsible. none of the comments were like “omg PRODUCTION/CMT is so shady! kelli and judy wouldn’t like this!” the audience is gonna immediately point the finger at kelli and judy. which is honestly pretty fair imo 

• Love 5