Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

On 4/17/2021 at 11:40 PM, Kamal said:

I like Gina as point than Rachel W. When Gina dances you can see (feel) her facial expressions changing from far but I can only see a pretty face from Rachel W.

I still don't understand why Amy got point out of seniority but Gina didn't get point last year as a a fourth year. Rachel W is photogenic but Gina has more power and she was a fourth year. I'm not saying choosing point out of seniority is good but if there are two girls equally as powerful it should go to the senior.

Is it possible that Gina was recovering from a small injury this year and lost point to Rachel because of that ? That would make since for her to come back next year because if that wasn't the case losing point to a pretty face would be shocking and if I were her I'll retire.

I find Rachel W. boring to watch bc she has zero life to her face ... as pretty as it is...she has major yawn factor. 🧐

• Love 7
On 4/19/2021 at 2:27 PM, kalibean said:

And I feel like we all missed Kashara as point when it ended up being Amy/Maddie. Like if we were baffled by Kashara, Kelli was like hold my beer.

Hahaha, yes! Though I really liked Kashara at point, this is the post of posts to me. I'm a broken record about this, but I could not stand the Amy/Maddie point combo and they are two of my top three my least favorite DCC of my whole MTT career (watching since season 3--alongside Paige--but Maddie is by far the one who just rubs me the wrong way every which way possible). I wonder how Lexie feels about her slight demotion in the triangle? She is not the most technical dancer but she does have good pop and power in that DCC way. I would be very happy to see a Gina/Rachel point situation or really anyone over a Maddie point this year. I'm a little fascinated at how much I do not like her as point and how strongly I feel about her. But, there you go, and as they say, Bob's your uncle.

Edited by M1977G
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

First time poster in this thread- hope I'm doing this right. I started watching MTT this year since we were spending a lot more time at home (; I have a lot of experience performing and have danced with some of the choreographers that they bring in so I was excited to watch for the dance/performance aspect. 

I keep seeing all the Amanda love and I have to say- other than her looks I just don't get it. We keep cracking up at the gif of VK stepping out on a pom at auditions and while it is hilarious, there is a DCC motion video (which is pre-choreographed, rehearsed, and has the opportunity for multiple takes) of Amanda barely being able to complete a double turn and half-performing every skill attempted other than the Meredith magic fingers . Every time they compliment her on the show, they show her posing or making cute faces while they (wisely)  never show her dancing. I had to search multiple times for actual footage of her dancing and she's just not that good. Not to mention her kicks are low and her jump split is probably the worst on the team. I also find it to be pretty clear she's only there to be on TV til she books some other gig.

Wow- didn't intend to go in on her this way, just started typing and I guess it all came out lol. Someone please let me know what I am not seeing with her though!

Edited by Raffthelaugh
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, vanillagum said:

omg why do you dislike paige so strongly? lol

I don't even have a solid reason, tbh. I just never liked her looks, and then there was never anything I saw of her personality or dancing that overrode my feeling that she didn't look like a DCC to me. (I get it that she wasn't featured much on the show, so I just didn't have much to go on, so this is a totally superficial, albeit longstanding, attitude on my part!)

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I don't even have a solid reason, tbh. I just never liked her looks, and then there was never anything I saw of her personality or dancing that overrode my feeling that she didn't look like a DCC to me. (I get it that she wasn't featured much on the show, so I just didn't have much to go on, so this is a totally superficial, albeit longstanding, attitude on my part!)

When I think of Paige, I think of a makeover for the sake of a makeover (which they claim they don't do). Oh look, she has curl! There's something sassy about her! So they proceed to give her...an old-lady 'do. And before you can say "we have a team," she was back to straight.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

When I think of Paige, I think of a makeover for the sake of a makeover (which they claim they don't do). Oh look, she has curl! There's something sassy about her! So they proceed to give her...an old-lady 'do. And before you can say "we have a team," she was back to straight.

it cracks me up because they did the exact same thing with tess. 'omg your natural curl!' 

the next day: back to regular dcc straight hair with loose waves

• Love 7
Just now, vanillagum said:

it cracks me up because they did the exact same thing with tess. 'omg your natural curl!' 

the next day: back to regular dcc straight hair with loose waves

In the case of Tess, though, I did think she looked good with curly hair. Paige, though, was a "what were they thinking???" IMO 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Raffthelaugh said:

I also find it to be pretty clear she's only there to be on TV til she books some other gig

lol yessss. which is fine, because this is cheerleading and not some lifelong career, but it really goes against how strongly kelli feels about the dcc not being 'a stepping stone.' kelli is so inconsistent. look at how hard she railed against the things julia and madeline s. said in just season 14. 

based on what amanda has previously done, she reads as a fame chaser who will just throw anything at the wall to see what sticks. she wanted to be on teennick and had some tv show that didn't get picked up? then she attempted a singing career. and then was a model on the face? so the DCC is some homegrown, lifelong dream for her? lol

4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

In the case of Tess, though, I did think she looked good with curly hair. Paige, though, was a "what were they thinking???" IMO 🙂

WITH THE STRAIGHT BANGS LOL 🙃

45 minutes ago, M1977G said:

haha, that's fair. you saying she doesn't look like a dcc is interesting to me because she seems pretty standard. she seemed nice lmao

• Love 9
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Add her to the Kristen G, Sarah C, Meagan S, Loni "straight bangs" club of Season 2:)

True...but at least they had straight hair. That straight bangs-curly hair combo was no bueno!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Raffthelaugh said:

First time poster in this thread- hope I'm doing this right. I started watching MTT this year since we were spending a lot more time at home (; I have a lot of experience performing and have danced with some of the choreographers that they bring in so I was excited to watch for the dance/performance aspect. 

I keep seeing all the Amanda love and I have to say- other than her looks I just don't get it. We keep cracking up at the gif of VK stepping out on a pom at auditions and while it is hilarious, there is a DCC motion video (which is pre-choreographed, rehearsed, and has the opportunity for multiple takes) of Amanda barely being able to complete a double turn and half-performing every skill attempted other than the Meredith magic fingers . Every time they compliment her on the show, they show her posing or making cute faces while they (wisely)  never show her dancing. I had to search multiple times for actual footage of her dancing and she's just not that good. Not to mention her kicks are low and her jump split is probably the worst on the team. I also find it to be pretty clear she's only there to be on TV til she books some other gig.

Wow- didn't intend to go in on her this way, just started typing and I guess it all came out lol. Someone please let me know what I am not seeing with her though!

I find this really useful. I'm not a dancer so its good to see these perspectives. I also have ZERO favorites on the team...

But I do find Amanda intriguing and different. For me, it is the face that draws me in and I like the way she uses her face. Perhaps thats why I don't see her bad dancing lol.

Feel free to weigh in on the others! It's so interesting to see the different views.

• Love 8
On 4/19/2021 at 3:35 PM, go4luca said:

That's why I cannot get past any attempt to like her.  Her stringy hair, squinty eyes and Wallace & Grommet grimace face when she smiles big, instantly kill it for me. 

Yeah I don’t get why Kelli hasn’t mentioned it but stated Courtney (Bring it on Broadway - Patriots cheerleader) “doesn’t have an HD friendly face” and how downright nasty she was about Colby and Chandlers facial expressions . I just don’t understand her sometimes . She’s all about being consistent yet is anything but in her critiques. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, M1977G said:

I'm with you on Paige.  She seemed like a perfectly nice girl, but I never saw whatever "wow factor" the judges must have seen.  I was really surprised that they kept her after she had such a significant weight gain, too.

• Love 2

She carried that weight gain well tho...every body type is just so different. Paige just got a little thicker, some get jiggly and the looser skin shows on the big screen.  I remember Kelli being so surprised it was 11 pounds!  She got grace more so than others for sure, but she was getting a divorce if I remember correctly and might not have had issues through her rookie year. 

I think if you’re otherwise keeping your nose clean, and the weight gain isn’t glaringly obvious, they don’t stick as closely to what the weight value is and it’s intended to always keep the dancer on their toes with their diet. (Unless you’re one of the #blessed #highlyfavored of course and then it’s ignored and coddled.) 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, vanillagum said:

WITH THE STRAIGHT BANGS LOL 🙃

Ha--the straight bangs with the crunchy-looking curly hair was a big part of what rubbed me the wrong way about her look! But, for whatever reason, I just don't think she's pretty, and every time someone on the show or boards here would say she was, I didn't understand it at all. And then when she gained 11-13 pounds from one season to the next, I was mystified by how she made it thru auditions.

Now, in an effort to connect this to the board topic (though I feel badly continuing on my not-so-nice comments streak): Alora-Rose never looked like a DCC to me, either. Aside from her bouncy hair that Kelli loves, I just don't see her facial features or makeup as "DCC HD Ready." If I'd loved her dancing, I could get past her looks. With Paige, they hardly showed her dancing so I never was won over by glimpses of her performing, but with Alora-Rose, it was hot-mess shot after hot-mess shot on the screen. I somehow didn't love Tori, either, but I liked her look and performance more than Alora-Rose's and I would have picked Tori over A-R for the team. That's pretty much the only pick I would have made differently, based on what I saw on the show (and I *know* that is heavily curated and edited version of camp). I was more than fine with Ashlinn being cut, and I never understood how Annabelle made it to camp, let alone started out as a top-ranked rookie candidate. The cows were the only good thing about her audition video. She is such a clunky dancer, bless her heart. Cassie is adorable and well spoken, and I hope she comes back with next level power and high kicks.

• Love 3

I'm a relatively new poster and have been trying to read through all the topics and catch up so....

In the topics page it said that the topic "Who is your favorite current DCC" was merged with this topic "2020 squad and social media". So I  wanted to comment on who is my favorite current DCC.

Seeing how ALL 3 of my favorites from 2019 either retired or were cut (Bridget, Lily & Meredith), my current favorite is Savannah. I have read where many on this forum regard her as a "blender" and not a great dancer (both probably true), but she dances to a degree of ability that has qualified her into the top 36 for four seasons and I believe she possesses all the qualities that TPTB ( see how I'm picking up your vernacular as newbie, hah!) say they look for. She's beautiful, well spoken, sweet and humble, a great teammate and most importantly she follows the rules and to my knowledge has done nothing that would bring dishonor or embarrassment to the organization. What more could you want? Oh, and one last thing, as Kashara said..."she has Disney Princess hair!"

Edited by Trulyadorkable
Wrong date
  • Love 6

So I was looking at cowboys fit instagram and I noticed Kristen and Mackenzie are the only girls in the photos among their rookie sisters. So is cowboys fit a job a few DCC's do for a living so only the girls that work for cowboys fit are in their pictures?

https://www.instagram.com/cowboysfit/

Edited by Kamal
added link
4 hours ago, Kamal said:

So I was looking at cowboys fit instagram and I noticed Kristen and Mackenzie are the only girls in the photos among their rookie sisters. So is cowboys fit a job a few DCC's do for a living so only the girls that work for cowboys fit are in their pictures?

https://www.instagram.com/cowboysfit/

I thought Ashlee worked there at some point and doesn't Rachel A date Cade (the guy they showed on the show before in that cringey pre-calendar shoot scene with Alexis and Lexie?)? I see Brennan in a few shots too and she is really photogenic without being too drop-dead gorgeous (like Rachel W) as is Jalyn. I mean that in a nice way, crazy pretty but they look like you could say hi to them and they'd be lovely! Rachel W strikes me as a bit snooty sometimes. 

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, WoofDCC said:

Is it some Texas magic that Charlotte being in a new relationship isnt news anywhere?

I’ve seen a picture of him and her together back in 2019 

• Useful 1
51 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

The always perfect, never makes mistakes, almighty golden child in between two people that got thrown under the bus last year. 🖕

The video itself is literally Maddie / 4 people they screwed over / VK. 

THANK YOU! 

LOL. I can just see in 2-3 seasons time VK will be like Maddie to me. Someone who is a talented dancer, but one who I cannot stand because TPTB will JUST NOT LET anyone else have the limelight. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

Does anyone know if there is going to be a calendar shoot this year?  

I asked one of the girls they said as of right now no they could do it later in the year 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Just a random thought on who will be the center girl for the squad photo for 2021. These are my predictions and who I'd want to be the center girl for the squad photo (keep in mind idk if any of these girls are going to retire or not, so...just speculating) 

If I had to choose who will be the center girl this year, my pick would go to Alanna. Now my mind is leaning towards her retiring this year, but if she doesn't, I think she'll be the perfect candidate for center girl. She did such a good god as the center girl for the back row that it is only fair to have her as the center girl. Other girls that would be in consideration are Maddie (might as well, I guess) Ashley, and Amanda.

Now the person that I think K and J would pick for the squad photo are between...Maddie, Savannah, Gina, Kat and VK. I am leaning more towards Savannah but I can see Kat and Maddie being center girl as well. If Gina becomes the senior veteran then I can see her being center but considering that K and J didn't put her for point, or even bother to change her cameo photo on the website I don't think it would happen. 

Now watch K and J put VK as center just to spite us. But then again Cassie was never the center girl in the squad photo. 

In conclusion...

My Picks
1. Alanna
2. Maddie
3. Ashley
4. Amanda

My Predictions
1. Savannah
2. Maddie
3. Gina
4. Kat
5. Victoria

• Love 2

3 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

My Picks
1. Alanna
2. Maddie
3. Ashley
4. Amanda

My Predictions
1. Savannah
2. Maddie
3. Gina
4. Kat
5. Victoria

Who I want for the center of the squad photo.

1. Ashly
  2. Amber
  3. Amanda

Who I predict will get it

1. KAT

( I disagree with Savannah getting center just because I think she will retire.)

I also don't think they are thinking of putting Victoria as center spot because even though Kellie loves Victoria she loves her because she thinks "Victoria is a great dancer". (emphasis on thinks) BUT Kellie still loves her so she'll probably get first row next to the center.

But Kat is a different story. Kellie didn't put Kat on the team because she believed that she was a great dancer but because she loved her personality and her looks.  From the Beyonce comment Sharlet gave this season I have no doubt Kellie and Sharlet believes that "Kat is the most beautiful WOC in the history of DCC". There is no way Kat is never getting the center of squad photos.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Just a random thought on who will be the center girl for the squad photo for 2021. These are my predictions and who I'd want to be the center girl for the squad photo (keep in mind idk if any of these girls are going to retire or not, so...just speculating) 

If I had to choose who will be the center girl this year, my pick would go to Alanna. Now my mind is leaning towards her retiring this year, but if she doesn't, I think she'll be the perfect candidate for center girl. She did such a good god as the center girl for the back row that it is only fair to have her as the center girl. Other girls that would be in consideration are Maddie (might as well, I guess) Ashley, and Amanda.

Now the person that I think K and J would pick for the squad photo are between...Maddie, Savannah, Gina, Kat and VK. I am leaning more towards Savannah but I can see Kat and Maddie being center girl as well. If Gina becomes the senior veteran then I can see her being center but considering that K and J didn't put her for point, or even bother to change her cameo photo on the website I don't think it would happen. 

Now watch K and J put VK as center just to spite us. But then again Cassie was never the center girl in the squad photo. 

In conclusion...

My Picks
1. Alanna
2. Maddie
3. Ashley
4. Amanda

My Predictions
1. Savannah
2. Maddie
3. Gina
4. Kat
5. Victoria

I see Rachel W up front as well.  They LOVE her!  Any others that you think they’ll avoid putting up front, whether to be spiteful to the girls and or the fans?

On 4/28/2021 at 12:38 AM, Blue hues said:

I see Rachel W up front as well.  They LOVE her!  Any others that you think they’ll avoid putting up front, whether to be spiteful to the girls and or the fans?

Once you are center girl, you are basically guaranteed front row afterwards. Happened with Tess, happened with Alexis and it will happen with Rachel W. 

My two biggest unpopular opinions.

Not a strong Jayln fan. (I understand people hating Kellie's favorites but I don't understand liking a person because she isn't favored by K)

I like Marissa. (Didn't like her at first but she grew on me.)

• Love 1

Who I want for the center of the squad photo.... (leaving out who I think may retire...Savannah, Lexie, etc.) Amber, Erin, Kelcey

Who I predict will get it...Caroline, Kat, Rachel W.

Who won't make center due to TPTB... Jalyn

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Kamal said:

I think Amber is the best dancer in the 2018 rookie class. 

I second that (apart from Bridget), she's one of the most versatile dancers they have currently. The only reason I think she doesn't move forward in the triangle is her height (or lack of)! That rookie class has some of the best technical dancers they've ever had. Just wish more of them were still there!

• Love 5

Don't get me wrong. She looks fantastic! And I am all for celebrating. But lately I've been fixated on these shorter than short shorts-again. Happens to me every few years or so.  I get that it's iconic. Yes entertainment. Yes talented dancers. But I'm wrestling again with what they're selling the drunk football guy in the stands. Anyone think these shorts should be just a touch longer in 2021? Feel free to help me make sense of this.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.29.57 PM.png

• Love 13
On 4/23/2021 at 5:24 PM, Tuxcat said:

Feel free to weigh in on the others! It's so interesting to see the different views.

I totally agree I love hearing what other people see vs. don’t see on the team which is why I’m so happy I found these threads! When you have an ensemble like this, people connect to and take in the talent differently than they do with most professional dance corps. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I second that (apart from Bridget), she's one of the most versatile dancers they have currently. The only reason I think she doesn't move forward in the triangle is her height (or lack of)! That rookie class has some of the best technical dancers they've ever had. Just wish more of them were still there!

I loved watching Bridget- did she say why she retired? I tried searching the threads but didn’t see anything. I think as a second year, she would’ve been a far better choice than Maddie for 2nd point (am I allowed to say that? I know everyone loves her). 
I think Amber is fabulous and one of the best girls on the team I just don’t know that I ever see her being a ‘point-girl’. Maybe it’s because I’m newer to the show and the threads and don't quite understand the politics of it all but I feel the same way about Gina. As amazing as they are, I just don’t see them being the best person for that role. I should add that I would be thrilled to be wrong of course 

• Love 2

Does anyone know who Rachel W is truly close with? Like I know she’s a bit more quiet and reserved, but Erin seems like that too just a little less yet Erin is BFFs with many of the girls on the team. Rachel doesn’t seem to have any best friends on the team. She’s not always included in the groups given what I have seen from IG and even when she is, she’s usually photographed to be on the side or end and back of everyone else which someone else on here pointed out. Like I have quiet friends, but they’re just as important to the group as the loud ones are given what they contribute. I know Rachel isn’t socially awkward and I don’t expect everyone to be so openly kind and outgoing like Gina is, but when they had some junior DCC and Rachel didn’t interact with the little girls that much like come on she’s the only one I can see doing that. Aside from her looks, I think TPTB like her so much for a lot of the reasons they liked Jennifer Amburn they both are overall goody-two-shoes, sweet, put together girls, that the elders love. The guest judges like her which makes it very easy for Kelli and Judy to like her even more. She and Trevor Knight (Lacey’s husband) never dated, I think they went on dates and hung out but he never asked her to be his girlfriend which says a lot cause this guy once dated Sadie Robertson and he’s known to be with the prettiest of girls. When deciding PBC, I didn’t know at first that teammates are the ones who vote who gets to go to Pro Bowl and I would think even Amber or Lily (if she were still on the team) would have a much greater chance than Rachel to go to Pro Bowl. She’s stunning, nice, and accomplished but her personality seems very boring. Someone from her hometown on DCC Reddit commented saying she’s nice but boring and I get that vibe from her very strongly. I have only seen her as viewer digitally so I could be wrong. Alanna and Taylor are making Bridget their bridesmaids, but I don’t see anyone on the team making Rachel a bridesmaid and Rachel making them a bridesmaid and it appears as if her closest friends are from back home. Kelli insists she made a positive impact on the team, but I just don’t see how aside from her being point. I know she’s nice and a powerful dancer (not powerful enough to be point tho), but she doesn’t seem to have such a strong social presence aside from her looks. Listening to her on the podcasts, she’s very soft spoken and her conversations are very generic. Madeline M, when she was on the podcast, basically carried the episode once Kelli let them talk. I have no doubt that her teammates love her like they hype her pics and she hypes theirs but no one says things like “bestieeee” and such but it seems as if TPTB are the ones who truly adore her the most hence why she got point and cover girl. I know I let out a lot, but I know I’m not the only one with controversial opinions on Rachel. Does anyone know who Rachel’s best friends on the team are?

Edited by filishtay
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Don't get me wrong. She looks fantastic! And I am all for celebrating. But lately I've been fixated on these shorter than short shorts-again. Happens to me every few years or so.  I get that it's iconic. Yes entertainment. Yes talented dancers. But I'm wrestling again with what they're selling the drunk football guy in the stands. Anyone think these shorts should be just a touch longer in 2021? Feel free to help me make sense of this.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.29.57 PM.png

I think it’s cause Taylor’s tall is why the shorts appear shorter on her. On one picture of Melissa W. I had to take a double glance because they appeared longer on her but she’s short. The shorts will be super short on everyone regardless of height. I feel like asking for the shorts to be longer so they’re not in favor of what they’re “selling” (a word I don’t like in this context) to the drunk football guy in the stands would take us back from 2021 to 1950. The shorts are fine for a uniform.

Edited by filishtay
  • Useful 2
44 minutes ago, Raffthelaugh said:

I loved watching Bridget- did she say why she retired?

She got a new job, a new boyfriend out of state and between the Charger girls and DCC, that was 5 years of pro cheer.  We also think she was tired of all the BS.

37 minutes ago, filishtay said:

She and Trevor Knight (Lacey’s husband) never dated, I think they went on dates

Isn't that dating?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:
1 hour ago, filishtay said:

She and Trevor Knight (Lacey’s husband) never dated, I think they went on dates

Isn't that dating?

When I said dating, I mean literally being boyfriend and girlfriend. Trevor said in an interview she was never his girlfriend. 

On 4/30/2021 at 6:42 AM, filishtay said:

Listening to her on the podcasts, she’s very soft spoken and her conversations are very generic. Madeline M, when she was on the podcast, basically carried the episode once Kelli let them talk.

At first I thought “What? No way! There’s absolutely no way that Madeline M is able to step up and carry a podcast. She’s a train wreck as a spokesperson.”  And then I realised there’s another Madeline M... 🤭 so I take it you meant Madeline Molloy here?

Maddie.... well, when I think about her, I just cannot get past all those awkward moments in MTT where she had to speak up. Most notably the scene where the four group leaders had to give feedback about their team members. She looked so nervous, nothing like a leader, and when Brennan was discussed, Kash took over and just blew her out of the window!

• Love 9