Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

The year after Jenna left the show had a clip of Jinelle in the office with K&J sort of suggesting that she stay another year, so I don't know about that. I would agree though that five years should be the limit

Jenna stayed because of Jenna and Sydney stayed because of Sydney. (And because neither had anything else to focus on)

Jinelle was specifically asked to stay. She never took up a front position (though she was a group leader) but was a solid dancer who brought maturity to the team .  Kelli lost quite a few solid dancers that year so I can see why she'd love to have Jinelle for another year. No drama, someone she could build on, experience and maturity.

There is the difference: Staying because you want to and staying because you are asked to and really bring something extra.

17 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Didn't S12 Alexandria say that she was forced to retire from the Patriots after four years and only got to stay because she became a coach of sorts?

She did say that. And then she left because being a coach is different from being in the squad and she missed that too much.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

The eight retiring are: 

Maddie 
Tess 
Rachel A. 
Savannah 
Alanna 
Briana
Cianna 
Sydney 

This definitely seems the most believable of any list I've seen, so thank you!

I suppose the only "surprise" is Sydney... but not much of a surprise?!

• Love 6

Very interesting. If that list is true, then we're only losing two group leaders and none of the 2GLs. I wonder what the leadership would look like with that. I'm guessing Caroline and Rachel W would be promoted to group leader. The returning rising fourth-years that aren't already in leadership positions would be Daphne, Erin, Jalyn, Madeline, and Taylor. I'm not sure one could make a really solid argument that all five, or even four, or these women should be passed over for a leadership role, so I don't think we'll see any of the 2019 rookies as 2GLs. I would guess Erin and Daphne as the two new 2GLs, but that's a lot of blonde in leadership roles and I'm not sure how they would feel about that. It's not the triangle, so it's not ruining their "bouquet" but it still might influence their decisions. Thoughts?

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Hello.

The truth can no longer be hidden. 

The eight retiring are: 

Maddie 
Tess 
Rachel A. 
Savannah 
Alanna 
Briana
Cianna 
Sydney 

Have a wonderful day. 

Gooodbye.

Love the whole vibe of this post.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
41 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Very interesting. If that list is true, then we're only losing two group leaders and none of the 2GLs. I wonder what the leadership would look like with that. I'm guessing Caroline and Rachel W would be promoted to group leader. The returning rising fourth-years that aren't already in leadership positions would be Daphne, Erin, Jalyn, Madeline, and Taylor. I'm not sure one could make a really solid argument that all five, or even four, or these women should be passed over for a leadership role, so I don't think we'll see any of the 2019 rookies as 2GLs. I would guess Erin and Daphne as the two new 2GLs, but that's a lot of blonde in leadership roles and I'm not sure how they would feel about that. It's not the triangle, so it's not ruining their "bouquet" but it still might influence their decisions. Thoughts?

I'm thinking they'll want to start giving some leadership experience to the 2019 rookie class to prepare for future retirements and incentivize their top dancers to stay. I'm personally hoping for Kelcey and Amanda as 2GL.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Hello.

The eight retiring are: 

Maddie 
Tess 
Rachel A. 
Savannah 
Alanna 
Briana
Cianna 
Sydney 

Have a wonderful day. 

Gooodbye.

FINALLY. Thank you!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I think I'd lean more toward Ashlee than Rachel for a G1 leader.  Maybe Amber over Caroline too, but it's hard for me to say, since I consistently forget Amber exists do I don't know much about her. I do think she's a good dancer though. I think of people who aren't in leadership already, I'd say Daphne and Erin.  I'd say Jalyn should be there, probably over Daphne, but not the way they've treated her.  I'd love to see Amanda get a 2 GL.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Hello.

The eight retiring are: 

Maddie 
Tess 
Rachel A. 
Savannah 
Alanna 
Briana
Cianna 
Sydney 

Have a wonderful day. 

Gooodbye.

I don’t know what’s so wrong with letting these women announce on their own terms. There are constant complaints about how Kelli and Judy don’t let these women think/act on their own and yet here we are, speaking for them...

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
18 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

I don’t know what’s so wrong with letting these women announce on their own terms. There are constant complaints about how Kelli and Judy don’t let these women think/act on their own and yet here we are, speaking for them...

Sooooooo you’re saying it’s true, then? 

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Uhmm have u not been spilling info for years?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, heckkitty said:

I think I'd lean more toward Ashlee than Rachel for a G1 leader.  Maybe Amber over Caroline too, but it's hard for me to say, since I consistently forget Amber exists do I don't know much about her. I do think she's a good dancer though. I think of people who aren't in leadership already, I'd say Daphne and Erin.  I'd say Jalyn should be there, probably over Daphne, but not the way they've treated her.  I'd love to see Amanda get a 2 GL.

My prediction of Caroline and Rachel being group leaders was based off of how the organization appears to treat them. Amber is one of my favorites, so I would love for her to be a group leader! I just feel like she's one of the girls who is a fantastic dancer but overlooked a little by the organization. I agree with Amanda potentially getting a 2GL spot, along with Kelcey! They're my favorites from their rookie class. I'm just not sure if the organization could defend the decision to place one of them over so many returning fourth year girls, even if some of those dancers are more blender than standout.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Hunh. I would think the opposite - the very noticeable delay retirement announcements is 100% coordinated by the people at the top. All the DCC are under stringent contract obligations and nondisclosure agreements.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

My prediction of Caroline and Rachel being group leaders was based off of how the organization appears to treat them. Amber is one of my favorites, so I would love for her to be a group leader! I just feel like she's one of the girls who is a fantastic dancer but overlooked a little by the organization. I agree with Amanda potentially getting a 2GL spot, along with Kelcey! They're my favorites from their rookie class. I'm just not sure if the organization could defend the decision to place one of them over so many returning fourth year girls, even if some of those dancers are more blender than standout.

I think they will do what they want, regardless of seniority. They will probably make sure to get in more clips about personality and leadership tests to allude to this notion they aren’t playing favorites, but basing it off test scores and how well the team members might click. Right.

• Love 4

bets for Group leader............The powers to be seem to love Rachel and Caroline and Ashlee.  I believe Ashlee has a great shot at being group leader.  I'm sure they are happy with Amber.  So I am not sure how they pick which two.  Interesting, who will be Group 1 leader.  Lexie or Gina.  Lexie was also on the Mavs so that could tip in her favor but Gina was just vet of the year which means she is well liked.

As to the retirements being so hush hush I do believe that has the powers to be on it and some of those eight like Maddie and Tess could be all stars hoping to be so still under contact  but certainly not all of them.  Looking back I love the post by Alanna, Chandi, and Briana trying to mislead us in thinking they were all staying.

And I predict Vet cuts at finals.  Looking at the banquet some of those girls need to be doing a drastic juice cleanse or other fast diet.  IRL I am sure they look great but we all know Kelli loves to cut a girl who does not look uniform ready.  Kelli's eyes will be flashing as she uses her new favorite euphemism.........."She's soft"

I figured Savannah had to be retiring when her and Tess were on Ashley Hancock's IG and Savannah was photographed clutching an alcoholic beverage. You know Kelli is clutching her pearls over that one.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

i’m obsessed with it and also a little spooked, in a good way

Four of eight ladies retiring share “a-n-a” in the middle.  Their positioning in the list gave the post a poetic quality.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

I see it both ways. If they are truly in control of when to announce, then that is fantastic. Much of this forum is indeed for the support of the girls - and a bit anti- Kelli. As it should be. 

But, this forum also likes its tea, whatever flavor. We have no way of really knowing if insider information is correct (even if validated frequently), so Mr. Manhattan is really just providing all of us with a little fun. Not to be rude, but it's been kind of boring here so far this season. 😆

• Love 17
(edited)

Considering Rachel A didn't get 2GL even though she was a great 4th year vet I doubt any new 4th years will get 2GL. 

I'm hoping the 2 new 2GL will be Amanda and Kelcey but Kellie would LOVE to give Victoria the spot.

And looking at this reddit post of all the 2GLs and their year, most 2GLs are 3rd year vets, and only once did a person do 2GL twice. So maybe there is also a chance someone (Amber) might get demoted to make room for a potential 3rd year vet (Victoria).

posting the picture from reddit 

image.png.aa11339227c18cbee926b6dc4937288c.png

image.png.c84a62ca57e9a858e39bd5e789ae5f98.png

Edited by Kamal

I love how that retirement post was so freaking "mysterious" and high and mighty, only for it to end with a "Gooodbye." 😂

4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Go On Popcorn GIF by swerk

let them fight fighting GIF

• LOL 5
On 5/9/2021 at 12:44 PM, DancingDina13 said:

I just realized how much Caroline looks like Jana Duggar. They could be twins! 

I don't see it at all. I'd love to see some comparison photos if you have them!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Alanna posted on social media on Thursday or Friday last week that she was retiring. 

I'd retire too if I were her but am bummed as a fan. I really liked her and felt like she never got the recognition she deserved. She and Briana are the two I'm disappointed to lose but agree with their choice.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

Considering Rachel A didn't get 2GL even though she was a great 4th year vet I doubt any new 4th years will get 2GL. 

I'm hoping the 2 new 2GL will be Amanda and Kelcey but Kellie would LOVE to give Victoria the spot.

And looking at this reddit post of all the 2GLs and their year, most 2GLs are 3rd year vets, and only once did a person do 2GL twice. So maybe there is also a chance someone (Amber) might get demoted to make room for a potential 3rd year vet (Victoria).

posting the picture from reddit 

image.png.aa11339227c18cbee926b6dc4937288c.png

image.png.c84a62ca57e9a858e39bd5e789ae5f98.png

Whitney wasn't a second in 2010 - missing Meagan Sharp, who I believe was also a second in 2009.  So another person who was a 2gl twice.

image.thumb.png.765498ff0441dfea30247bb1c951dbfa.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Hello.

The eight retiring are: 

Maddie 
Tess 
Rachel A. 
Savannah 
Alanna 
Briana
Cianna 
Sydney 

Have a wonderful day. 

Gooodbye.

Well....Rachel A., Alanna and Cianna have all confirmed that they are retiring so.... 3 out of 8 correct so far.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, PicnicLife77 said:
9 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Alanna posted on social media on Thursday or Friday last week that she was retiring. 

I'd retire too if I were her but am bummed as a fan. I really liked her and felt like she never got the recognition she deserved.

Once Alanna got engaged I assumed she would be retiring, I more than imagine they were both ready to be done with the long-distance part of their relationship. But yeah, as a fan it's disappointing to me. She was one step away from being a "who's that?" girl like Taylor.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, ByTor said:

But yeah, as a fan it's disappointing to me. She was one step away from being a "who's that?" girl like Taylor.

i feel like she was always tucked in the back :( she didn’t deserve that. i know SOMEONE has to be there but lol

• Love 6

So Marissa and her boyfriend only became a couple last year and are now rushing into marriage at such a young age? That’s a big yikes for me! 😬 Good luck to them! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Hello.

The eight retiring are: 

Maddie 
Tess 
Rachel A. 
Savannah 
Alanna 
Briana
Cianna 
Sydney 

Have a wonderful day. 

Gooodbye.

I am shocked Lexie is staying but I am happy about it! I hope she gets to share point

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

I am shocked Lexie is staying but I am happy about it! I hope she gets to share point

I'm wasn't shocked. Lexie seems to have 3 passions in her life: DCC, her husband, and her dog. If I'm remembering correctly, I believe she was going for some nursing degree during her rookie year, but is now a homemaker/model/cheerleader. Girl is living the dream. Kelli seems to adore her and she keeps climbing the ranks. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up co-point or someday PBC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

I'm wasn't shocked. Lexie seems to have 3 passions in her life: DCC, her husband, and her dog. If I'm remembering correctly, I believe she was going for some nursing degree during her rookie year, but is now a homemaker/model/cheerleader. Girl is living the dream.

On there page it says "Executive Assistant for Energy Efficiency Company"

https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/lexie/

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 4/29/2021 at 4:51 AM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Once you are center girl, you are basically guaranteed front row afterwards. Happened with Tess, happened with Alexis and it will happen with Rachel W. 

I agree ... I think Rachel W will maintain the center spot they photoshopped her into last season.  I look for the new season photo to be similar to this past season's digitally created one...just move last season's rookies down a row🤓

Edited by mizzhyer
On 5/10/2021 at 9:54 PM, Stee said:

I suppose the only "surprise" is Sydney... but not much of a surprise?!

If there is any truth in the rumors regarding her, then it is not surprising considering the outcome. You’d need to be either incredibly thick-skinned to bear that much humiliation or be very strong to survive that much heartache. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

So Marissa and her boyfriend only became a couple last year and are now rushing into marriage at such a young age? That’s a big yikes for me! 😬 Good luck to them! 

OMG I noticed that. They seem like one of those cringy type couples who get married right after high school. The “I’m stealing his last name” holding signs couple. At least Marissa is still chasing her dreams which makes me glad, but her 19 year old boyfriend followed her to Dallas. They’re just…

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, filishtay said:

OMG I noticed that. They seem like one of those cringy type couples who get married right after high school. The “I’m stealing his last name” holding signs couple. At least Marissa is still chasing her dreams which makes me glad, but her 19 year old boyfriend followed her to Dallas. They’re just…

They’re just... going to find out the hard way that being in a relationship is not all roses.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 5/10/2021 at 8:08 PM, Lexusprincess said:

bets for Group leader............The powers to be seem to love Rachel and Caroline and Ashlee.  I believe Ashlee has a great shot at being group leader.  I'm sure they are happy with Amber.  So I am not sure how they pick which two.  Interesting, who will be Group 1 leader.  Lexie or Gina.  Lexie was also on the Mavs so that could tip in her favor but Gina was just vet of the year which means she is well liked.

As to the retirements being so hush hush I do believe that has the powers to be on it and some of those eight like Maddie and Tess could be all stars hoping to be so still under contact  but certainly not all of them.  Looking back I love the post by Alanna, Chandi, and Briana trying to mislead us in thinking they were all staying.

And I predict Vet cuts at finals.  Looking at the banquet some of those girls need to be doing a drastic juice cleanse or other fast diet.  IRL I am sure they look great but we all know Kelli loves to cut a girl who does not look uniform ready.  Kelli's eyes will be flashing as she uses her new favorite euphemism.........."She's soft"

I figured Savannah had to be retiring when her and Tess were on Ashley Hancock's IG and Savannah was photographed clutching an alcoholic beverage. You know Kelli is clutching her pearls over that one.

Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me,  but wasn't Ashley wearing the DCC Lucchese's in that picture?

• Love 1
(edited)
44 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

Interesting, who will be Group 1 leader.  Lexie or Gina.

My guess is Lexie since she was group 3 leader while Gina was group 4.

As co-point, Rachel has group leader in the bag. My guess for the other one would be Ashlee since she was 2GL for group 1. But Caroline reallyyy should be a group leader ugh

Edited by dccfan204
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SMP637 said:

Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me,  but wasn't Ashley wearing the DCC Lucchese's in that picture?

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

You can buy them 

I think the pair that can be purchased are for everyday, out-and-about on-the-street boots.  Then there's the pair for dancing out on the field.  The difference is in the soles.  The for-purchase pair would likely have a harder, sturdier sole while the field boot would have a more flexible sole. 

If I was going to shell out that type of money (and had the chance), I would definitely go for the pair made for dancing, not for walking.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I think the pair that can be purchased are for everyday, out-and-about on-the-street boots.  Then there's the pair for dancing out on the field.  The difference is in the soles.  The for-purchase pair would likely have a harder, sturdier sole while the field boot would have a more flexible sole. 

If I was going to shell out that type of money (and had the chance), I would definitely go for the pair made for dancing, not for walking.

Ok 

• LOL 1