Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Nope, not happening. She's a mean, malicious, mouthy, twitter ranting brat. Just my opinion, though. 🥰

I respect your opinion you have every right to it... its the same way I feel about Monique 🙂

8 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I know the argument/discussion was about Monique and and Candiace, so that may not have been the intended message, but it kinda comes across that way.   

Hey I have no problem with Monique being a stay at home mom ... 100% but I am just saying dogging Candace for not making Bank and her having NOTHING without this show when her mom took care of her is NO different then Monique staying at home and Chris paying for everything ....If her mama was fine paying for shit then let her pay for the shit ... lol just like if Chris is cool with paying for everything and Monique staying home is fine if that's their agreement ...... its a double standard Both could be cut off at anytime if the people financing their life so chose ....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think that Monique's statement of "Gizelle can't keep a man" is nothing short of fucking dangerous. 

Marlo on Atlanta just said the exact same thing to the new girl about Kenya last night. It's vile but I don't know about dangerous. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Marlo on Atlanta just said the exact same thing to the new girl about Kenya last night. It's vile but I don't know about dangerous. 

It's a dangerous sentiment because it reduces women's worth solely on their ability to "keep a man."

We saw the furor this weekend about the Wall Street Journal telling Jill Biden she shouldn't be titled "Dr.," she needs to be address as "Mrs."  it's in effect saying Jill Biden's only worth is that of Joe Biden choosing her.  We're not going to respect you as an educator, we're not going to respect you as a leader in your field, you only deserve respect as some man's wife.

Of the people on the show, Monique has this mentality the hardest because she's been nothing more than Chris's side chick/girlfriend/wife since she was in her early 20s.  Her entire young adulthood has been in service to Chris so she could "secure the bag."  She sees that as a badge of honor and that she's a "real woman."  

Then what happens if she and Chris break up and she's no longer Mrs?  She'll have no skills, no identity and no status since she thinks being married provides your status. And with no friends that will help her out.  If Monique is fired from RHOP today, do you think Porsha will still take her calls or help put her on?

This is why Candiace will be better off without the show than Monique, because Candiace has other things going on in her life and her life isn't wrapped up in being some man's wife.  This is all Monique has so I hope she makes the best of it.

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Of the people on the show, Monique has this mentality the hardest because she's been nothing more than Chris's side chick/girlfriend/wife since she was in her early 20s.  Her entire young adulthood has been in service to Chris so she could "secure the bag."  She sees that as a badge of honor and that she's a "real woman."  

55 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

It is dangerous when you get on the other side of that sentiment.  The truth is that unless something happens to Monique, she will lose Chris.  He will either die or leave her.  When I see women who lose their husbands either to death or divorce and feel they aren't anything without a man, THAT is sad.

8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett is a young black woman instrumental in developing the covid vaccine.  

You know what I dont know and don't care about....whether she has, had or kept a man.  

I dont think her marital or dating status was mentioned by anyone.  And I found it refreshing that people were finally not recognizing a woman's accomplishments by the same standards as a 15 year old in 1842.  

That is refreshing.  And what does "keeping a man" even mean, really?  

I didn't think anything was funny about Monique saying, "if it were up to Chris, I'd be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen...heheeee."  She probably thinks that's love, poor thing.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Wondering how much money all of these "careers" make? As for Candyass mother helping her with the house, didn't her mother make a big deal about always paying for everything and Candyass making a big deal about breaking free of that? Seems like it was a very big issue during an entire season of them fighting and crying about it. Who hit who with their purse? 

I remember this being an issue the first season candace was on the show.  

But she has been able to parlay her platform into a nice little song, a REMIX to the song and that movie. 

Of all those I think the movie is the bigger deal.

I have no idea how much it pays.  But its exposure and its an entree into another area.  

She wasn't just doing a cameo as herself for publicity.  She was one of the main characters....and it wasn't a super small self funded production, it was produced by Marvista and was aired on BET.  

During these covid times when people are home watching movies she probably got a little bump in normal viewers.  

I was pulling for kenya and her sitcom but I wasn't surprised when it didn't work out.  Even with handsome Leon. 

But candaces movie seems more legit than that.  On a network and she has an actual starring role.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

That is refreshing.  And what does "keeping a man" even mean, really?  

It means how well you can work your vagina because if you know how to work it, then your man won't have to cheat.

Except cheating doesn't have to do with the cheatee, it always has to do with the cheatER.  Ashley has probably tooted her booty and every hole possible every which a way for Michael and he still cheats because he feels he's entitled to.

Cheaters cheat because they want to cheat.  Has nothing to do with the woman they're with.

As far as how Candiace will pay for her house, Chris is there as well.  He may not make as much as she does and/or his income is eaten up with child support but he does work, he's not laying about and for all we know Candiace & Chris could've sold the townhouse/their share of the townhouse and rolled the money over into the new house.  I think he does private chef gigs.

They'll be alright.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

The website says the item is currently unavailable. 

LOL, someone said it smelled like dumpster juice.  LOL.  Its probably  gizelle or Kal but it's still funny because of the juxtaposition.  

Someone else said it smelled too strong and like old lady but she doesn't know how to tell her husband who bought it for her birthday.  LOL.  That review is believable.  Do people leave reviews at HSN?  I'm really surprised there are only 3 reviews in the Bloomingdale's site.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 2

And about reading gizelle and Jamal? It sounds like a mistake.  

No one is ever getting rid of gizelle.  

So if gizelle has a vendetta that'll be for life.  

Gizelle wore that uncleben shirt to shade her friend of 20 years.  She didn't have to say a single word.  What do you think k she is going to dream up for someone she doesnt like at all?  

Gizelle easily gets under Monique's skin because gizelle will never accept monique and monique will always want gizelle to accept her.  

If those feelings were real they arent going anywhere.  

People may hate gizelle, but man or no man, kept man or lost man, gizelle and to a lesser degree Karen are the HBICs.  

Gizelle can read and shade and so her confessionals will always be featured and monique will only have a reunion to complain about it. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL, someone said it smelled like dumpster juice.  LOL.  Its probably  gizelle or Kal but it's still funny because of the juxtaposition.  

Someone else said it smelled too strong and like old lady but she doesn't know how to tell her husband who bought it for her birthday.  LOL.  That review is believable.  Do people leave reviews at HSN?  I'm really surprised there are only 3 reviews in the Bloomingdale's site.  

They do.  Overall she has a 56% rating.  16 5 stars, 12 1 stars and a few in between.

Most of the complaints are it is very light and doesn't last very long.

• Useful 3

Monique disgusts me. While exciiled she gathers receipts and gets to deflect from her own vile assaultive behavior with crap about the other women. Her buffoon husband is losing his credibility standing behind and supporting her. I sincerely hope she AND Candace are let go. Monique because she’s violent and vile. Candace because she’s a spoiled brat and provocateur. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, dosodog said:

They do.  Overall she has a 56% rating.  16 5 stars, 12 1 stars and a few in between.

Most of the complaints are it is very light and doesn't last very long.

LOL, so 31 confirmed sales!  

I dont do the HSN thing but I know they have great analytics.  Do products come and go or does a person stay on the roster forever?  

I could see arguments both ways.  Its probably not going to hurt them to keep it on their website and have Karen on TV.  

But at the same time there may be an opportunity cost in that they could be selling another product.  Maybe robyns caps since they are being silly about resupplying.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Gizelle wore that uncleben shirt to shade her friend of 20 years.  She didn't have to say a single word.  What do you think k she is going to dream up for someone she doesnt like at all?  

It's also the 2nd consecutive relationship of Gizelle's that Monique has messed with.  There was no need for Monique to have discussed Sherman's park after dark charges (for which Chris made her apologize to Sherman for) and there was no need to attack Jamal to come for Gizelle.

58 minutes ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Candace because she’s a spoiled brat and provocateur.

Then Ashley needs to be fired too because she's been provoking people since Day 1.

Gizelle actually CAN'T read. She can shade but she can't read.  If she could, she would've had something more for Monique than "Uh, yeah that's his number."

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

If Monique isn't careful, her fans might ruin things for her.  If Robyn and Gizelle can no longer live Tweet the show because of Monique's fans...not a good look.  Bravo could turn around and get rid of her if her fans become a problem.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Sex before marriage is a big NO NO in every church how do these people still have positions of authority if they cant follow their own bibles teaching is beyond me.. and to be taking pictures and just sending them out to people to have them aired on tv just seems counterproductive...

@Keywestclubkid   Like you,  I’m old school about preachers and the church I attend,but there are  “new school” Christians that don’t have any issues with a pastor committing fornication or even adultery.  As @drivethroo pointed out, Jamal is an upgrade from the previous pastor.

By the way, @drivethroo, your posts about Monique and bullies have been spot on. I am now convinced Monique will return and Candiace will be offered a friend role. I’m okay with that if it means there is an opportunity for Monique to get her comeuppence. I have no doubt Charisse, Gizelle and Candiace are working on a binder just for Monique, courtesy of GiGi, and I am here for it. 

• Love 10

I know the burn book seemed too much, and while I'm hating Monique this season... Gizelle had it coming. She was the only one to bring the rumors about Monique on camera, not even Candiace did that after the fight, which I'm actually a little bit surprised about. 

Gizelle had all of these things to say about Monique's and Karen's marriages, so while the binder was over the top, had she not brought it, it would've been Monique's word agains't Gizelle's. Monique wanted to make sure the facts were on air, and she got it. 

Having said that, Monique either thinks she won't be returning or she's overly confident because now it's 100% certain that Gizelle, Candiace and Robyn won't film with her ever again (Robyn was the wild card but I don't see how she wouldn't have Gizelle's back on this. Wendy holds little weight in this, but I've no idea in what world would Wendy be in the same event as Monique). 

The only way I see Monique having a role next season is if they add another housewife who is a friend of Monique's. 

I... agree with Wendy's colorism commentary. I'm a light skin Mexican guy and I know for a fact that if I say the exact same thing as someone with darker skin I'd get a completely different reaction (I live in México, I can't speak for the US). I know I have that priviledge and I'm ashamed to admit I became aware of it this year, so I get Wendy's point that certain words carry different weights for certain people, not everyone has to agree, but in my experience is true. 

I get Candiance can be infuriating and annoying, but I can't for the life of me get why Monique seems to hate her with a passion, I don't even think Ashley hates her as much and she has legitimate reasons to do so. It can't be because she has more money, is more beautiful or is the fan favourite, actually, the initial disagreement was something regarding Ashley, so why is Monique so pressed? When I look at the couples, can it be because Candiace rates "higher" than her husband? Juan/Robyn and Wendy/her husband seem evenly matched, while Ashley, Monique and Karen (to a lesser degree) wouldn't be anywhere near the level they are without their significant others. I'm not knocking on Chris B's career as a chef but Candiace has an actual beauty pageant title, a decent singing voice, a legitimate acting credit on a legitimate network (that is not Bravo) a degree and soon an MBA. While maybe Candiace wouldn't be a millionaire without the show (not that she's a millionaire now), she'd probably be okay. So Monique can keep a man, but Candiace doesn't necessarily need one (nor does anyone, actually).

If I had skeletons in my closet I wouldn't have brought the burn book, because like someone else mentioned (sorry, couldn't find the original comment) now everyone else is free to come for her without fear of coming off as petty or jealous, now it's revenge. 

I just hope it doesn't become another OC when Tamra and Shannon wouldn't film with Vicki and we had to wait half of the season to have a scene where the 3 of them finally came face to face.  

• Love 8
11 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think she'll have a hard time with it, though, because she doesn't think she's the villain, she has righteous certainty that she's been wronged. This isn't uncommon with the Housewives, of course - Brandi Glanville, for instance, doesn't get that she's the bad guy. Neither does Dorinda Medley.  And Phaedra Parks truly believed she was justified in everything she did to Kandi.  And at some point, the show loses interest in people like that (as evidenced by the fact that all of those people have been fired). I suspect Monique may last one more season but after that, I doubt it. 

More so than that, she is a control freak who wants to have a "perfect" image.  

Monique put all this energy into avoiding this rumor so that she and her life would look "perfect"  when she could have made a whole, interesting, relatable storyline out of it.  

I don't believe that Monique ever had an affair with that trainer, but by refusing to even address it at all, it leaves the question out there.  That could have been a far more interesting storyline.  She could have addressed the "7 year itch" on her podcast, how to avoid it, how to move past it, what boundaries you set with people in your life.  They could have had her and Chris go to real marriage counseling.  

It would have made her more relatable than "not a lazy mom" and people would have tuned into the podcast to hear her take on the trainer and the rumors.  

But she is so invested in being perfect and flawless that she totally missed that opportunity and instead alienated most of the cast and has likely ruined her own brand as a "perfect" mommy.  

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't believe that Monique ever had an affair with that trainer, but by refusing to even address it at all, it leaves the question out there.  That could have been a far more interesting storyline.  She could have addressed the "7 year itch" on her podcast, how to avoid it, how to move past it, what boundaries you set with people in your life.  They could have had her and Chris go to real marriage counseling. 

I don't believe Monique had an affair either, and I agree it could've been a far more interesting storyline but judging what went down, I don't think she has the depth to dive into that. I actually think Karen sorta had this storyline and it worked well for her in that at least she had something to say outside of the group. 

Ashley could've had this too, to open a conversation about what a partnership means to her, whether it's okay to have an open relationship or if having an agreement with a man who doesn't love you is worth the sacrifice of having a family. But Michael's a predator, so nevermind. 

• Love 3

Everybody thought the bodyguards were sooo funny even though they were just another over the top stunt by an over the hill stunt queen.  So happy to see Monique bringing the receipts for the green-eyed monster. Oh please Monique tell me Robyn's bank balance or that the engagement ring is actually glass.

• Love 4

Lol Robyn has never pretended to be rich so that wouldn’t even be that great of a reveal. Even the Jamal stuff wasn’t that great to me because didn’t everyone already know this shit. Karen going after Gizelle makes sense but Monique looked pathetic. Her husband in the back keeps making a fool of himself too. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Monique is unhappy because she feels several cast members have things (Candiace) and status (Gizelle) they don't deserve.

Chile Candiace has her mama's money and Gizelle has a made up relationship and a 1980s style house. Who the fuck is jealous of them? Gizelle is the Sheree of this show she just doesn't know it--with her broke down fashions and cankles.

Edited by Adgirl
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

I enjoyed Monique going in on Gizelles fake relationship. Gizelle has gone in on everyone for years. It was about time. Love Karen’s response to the Geritol comment. Gizelle is 7 years younger than. Karen, not 20. What a hypocritical piece of crap Gizelle is.

Oh Candyass, your stupid is song is just as dumb as Ashley’s and both sounded horrible. Audiences should not have had to hear either song. And nobody blames you for not having a baby with a man with kids from 2 different moms. Your guy is only better than Michael because as far as we know he’s not grabbing butts.

So Wendy can say “people like you” but when she’s aggressive and hostile it’s offensive to call her out on it since she’s smarter than everyone for having four degrees, yet she is ON THE SAME REALITY SHOW as the rest of them which shows she’s not exactly a genius. IMO being on a reality show, waters down her vast intelligence, just a bit. Sorry Wendy.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, Adgirl said:

Chile Candiace has her mama's money and Gizelle has a made up relationship and a 1980s style house. Who the fuck is jealous of them? Gizelle is the Sheree of this show she just doesn't know it--with her broke down fashions and cankles.

Seriously, now.

Like, what in the fuck to those two have that ANYBODY wants?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, StillHere said:

Seriously, now.

Like, what in the fuck to those two have that ANYBODY wants?

apparently something for Monique to be coming at them so hard .. lol

6 hours ago, Adgirl said:

Chile Candiace has her mama's money

and Monique with her husbands money ... there is literally no difference

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Boofish said:

Same reason some sports teams  in the U.S. are "world champions" when we are the only country participating.

These women better be glad they are beautiful because all of those dresses were tacky last night. It's not about being best dressed but who was the least amount of ugly.  My rankings (although again I didn't like any of the dresses)

• Monique
  • Robyn
  • Karen
  • Candiace
  • Wendy
  • Gizelle
  • Ashley

The fit of Monique’s dress looked good from the waist up. I didn’t get a good look at her standing up. 

I thought Ashley’s face looked lovely. Robyn looked terrible from head to toe from me, including her makeup. The dark lipstick was not flattering. 

Whatever Karen did to her nose didn’t seem successful.

I don’t usually like Candiace’s looks because she overdoes her makeup. It’s just too much for me, especially with the false eyelashes. 

Giselle looked good from the neck up. 

Wendy looked very different in the face to me. Did she have something done? I can’t put my finger on what’s different but it may be her nose. 

Monique seemed very angry but I’m kind of glad someone called Gizelle out on the fake relationship and all the women Jamal has, including the current one who recently had a baby. Gizelle looked shocked and was (for once) speechless. 

• Love 6

Monique's kids and Chris probably did the binder for her. She seems lazy to me.....her bob haircut was cut uneven. I'm glad Gizelle is getting her karma. Just because she's cute doesn't mean she shouldn't get embarrassed and put on blast too. 

Edited by ErikaOnline
  • Love 9

I think it is too early for anyone to be declared a "winner".

We've got 2 more reunion parts to get through--who knows what will come out!

It could be Giselle gets so decimated, she can never recover.  Or?  She gets decimated at the reunion, but recovers next season and annihilates Monique at an event with Gigi or The Trainer.  IF Monique even comes back.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ErikaOnline said:

Monique's kids and Chris probably did the binder for her.

I just assumed her cousin assistant helped put it together.   I mean, it was printing out paper and punching holes in it.  Not like some huge endeavor anyway.  People are acting like she spends days and nights putting it together and neglecting her kids in the process.  For all we know, T’Challa did it.  That bird is capable.  🤣

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Adgirl said:

Monique.  Both of them have had Monique pressed for years and if Monique had so much going on she would pay them dust instead of chasing them around barns for beatdowns and filling her Trapper Keeper with "receipts."

If you're the bitch you don't have to be the bitch.

10 hours ago, charliesan said:

Having said that, Monique either thinks she won't be returning or she's overly confident because now it's 100% certain that Gizelle, Candiace and Robyn won't film with her ever again (Robyn was the wild card but I don't see how she wouldn't have Gizelle's back on this. Wendy holds little weight in this, but I've no idea in what world would Wendy be in the same event as Monique). 

Monique will be back fulltime next season; Candiace is the one who will get the boot. The show isn't going to fire Candiace, they're going to make her an offer she can and will refuse.   Robyn & Wendy will film group scenes with Monique and that will leave Gizelle on an island by herself so she will film with them too.  All 3 will snub Monique though.  The group scenes will come via Ashley or a friend of the Housewives (Charrisse, New Lady).

They need to bring CHARRISSE back because she is real life friends with Robyn, cool with Wendy & Ashley, frenemies with Gizelle, enemies with Monique & Karen.

10 hours ago, charliesan said:

I... agree with Wendy's colorism commentary. I'm a light skin Mexican guy and I know for a fact that if I say the exact same thing as someone with darker skin I'd get a completely different reaction (I live in México, I can't speak for the US). I know I have that priviledge and I'm ashamed to admit I became aware of it this year, so I get Wendy's point that certain words carry different weights for certain people, not everyone has to agree, but in my experience is true. 

Wendy was aggressive with Ashley when they were having dinner, but Ashley claimed Wendy was aggressive when they were in Monique's kitchen and that's simply not true.  They were both going back and forth but Ashley decided to play the victim, just like she is playing the victim with the "Candiace called me a ROACH when I was in labor." Ashley was tweeting vile stuff to Candiace during that exchange but that is never mentioned; she uses "while I was in labor" to get out of what SHE was doing (plus she deleted those tweets).  But Robyn drove from Maryland to Virginia to physically get up in Ashley's face and Ashley never once tagged Robyn with being "aggressive," and that's the problem people are having with Candiace & Wendy being called "aggressive" but not Robyn & Ashley when they've done the same things as Candiace & Wendy.

Wendy actually had a right to be upset about the baby situation but she directed it towards the wrong person so she could have a moment on TV.  Wendy actually should've been mad at MONIQUE for knowing Wendy's baby was the same age as Ashley's baby and not extending an invitation to Wendy to bring her baby.  Monique didn't extend a similar invitation because Monique didn't give fck about Wendy, as evidenced by the "newbie" bathrobe.  You knew Wendy's name enough to invite her to the lake house but didn't know her name enough to put it on the bathrobe? 

While Gizelle lies, I do believe she was telling the truth about Karen wanting Wendy off the show from the beginning.  There have always been 6 Housewives, all of a sudden we have this new lady don't nobody knows everywhere?

• GEB are a team
  • Wendy is Gizelle's sorority sister
  • and coming on as Candiace's friend
  • and Ashley ain't going nowhere
  • and Monique is the only one who owns a home in Potomac

Karen probably figured Wendy was HER replacement and she decided from jump Wendy had to go.  Karen wasn't impressed with Wendy as her replacement, it had nothing to do with Wendy's achievements.   I wouldn't be surprised if Karen & Monique had a discussion on how they were going to treat Wendy.

Monique can't complain about Gizelle being inhospitable to her when they first met when she did the same thing to Wendy, only more politely.  And now I need to watch the lake house episodes to watch Karen's behavior towards Wendy during those scenes.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 4

People always side with Ashley when her and Candiace argue. Even Andy was defending Ashley smh. Candiace actually tries to be nice to Ashley. But Ash is still so angry and upset about some "tweets" (I've never read them) I heard. She always tries to get Candiace. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I think it is too early for anyone to be declared a "winner".

We've got 2 more reunion parts to get through--who knows what will come out!

It could be Giselle gets so decimated, she can never recover.  Or?  She gets decimated at the reunion, but recovers next season and annihilates Monique at an event with Gigi or The Trainer.  IF Monique even comes back.

I think to me, part of the problem is Gizelle defines herself with men. I really do not know what Gizelle did besides be married to and get cheated on by Jamal. Did she hold a job before the show? I know Robyn was in PR, Ashley ran a restaurant (courtesy of Michael), Karen owned her own agency, Candiass won a beauty pageant, Wendy got four degrees, and Monique failed at the rap game. Even her book is about her experience with Jamal.

I know someone who remembered when Gizelle was First Lady of her church. She said they preached a very “traditional” doctrine with women mostly being defined by their roles as mothers/wives. I do not care enough to look up if this is true.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 4

Of all the Housewives shows I love Potomac the most.   When Karen asked Gizelle if Jamal was coming and Gizelle said no...... .dead.  When Monique read out Jamal's phone number....buried.   The look on Andy's face.  I might have to watch that whole thing again.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

IMG_20201215_104414.jpg

Not a face for tv.

15 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

Of all the Housewives shows I love Potomac the most.   When Karen asked Gizelle if Jamal was coming and Gizelle said no...... .dead.  When Monique read out Jamal's phone number....buried.   The look on Andy's face.  I might have to watch that whole thing again.  

I agree. This show is so underappreciated. I knew people who watched Atlanta (an then quit it) but no on I know in real life has this show on their radar. Of course, a lot of people are just sick of Howife shows in general.

34 minutes ago, ErikaOnline said:

People always side with Ashley when her and Candiace argue. Even Andy was defending Ashley smh. Candiace actually tries to be nice to Ashley. But Ash is still so angry and upset about some "tweets" (I've never read them) I heard. She always tries to get Candiace. 

Ashley is very good at deflecting the blame. She is quite articulate. I feel she very cleverly used her baby as a shield to fend off most the attacks on her this season (usually regarding her disgusting husband).

I nursed my children for a very long time. I have no problem with nursing in public or the naked body. However, I feel the way Ashley loved to get those breast pumps out at any moment was a way to both deflect and flaunt her new motherhood . Congratulations on Dean, but you are not the first woman in the world to have a baby and there is nothing wrong with women who choose not to have children. Dr. Wendy was also pumping but we would never know because she kept it private.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I think to me, part of the problem is Gizelle defines herself with men. I really do not know what Gizelle did besides be married to and get cheated on by Jamal. Did she hold a job before the show?

I heard she had some event planning job with the NAACP...since her dad was with the NAACP this was probably a hookup.

10 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Dr. Wendy was also pumping but we would never know because she kept it private.

I think everyone's motherhood experience is unique to them.  This was Wendy's 3rd baby so Wendy was used to the pumping routine and did it without fanfare, but Dean is Ashley's first baby so everything is new to her.

I don't think Wendy would've said anything about Ashley bringing the baby if Karen hadn't asked Wendy to share how she felt about Ashley bringing her baby but Wendy leaving hers at home. 

• Love 2

I remember that Gizelle said something about how she did not want to film with Monique because she was dating Pastor Jamal and did not want to hurt his reputation.

I was pretty surprised because there is 99 reasons to not film with Monique and Jamal ain't one.

She could have just said she did not feel safe around Monique (perfectly valid) and left it at that.

I am just mentioning this because this could be one of the reasons Monique came for her so hard with Jamal.

40 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I heard she had some event planning job with the NAACP...since her dad was with the NAACP this was probably a hookup.

I think everyone's motherhood experience is unique to them.  This was Wendy's 3rd baby so Wendy was used to the pumping routine and did it without fanfare, but Dean is Ashley's first baby so everything is new to her.

I don't think Wendy would've said anything about Ashley bringing the baby if Karen hadn't asked Wendy to share how she felt about Ashley bringing her baby but Wendy leaving hers at home. 

That is perfectly reasonable as long as Ashley shows the other women the same respect. The ladies could have come at her about Michael but seemed to leave her alone because of her new baby. I sometimes feel like Ashley thinks the rules are different for her.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Monique seemed very angry but I’m kind of glad someone called Gizelle out on the fake relationship and all the women Jamal has, including the current one who recently had a baby. Gizelle looked shocked and was (for once) speechless. 

Why?  What good does that do you or anybody else?  I thought most people knew that relationship was fake.  I heard about it a year ago.  I mean even Gizelle knew that shit was fake, that's why she couldn't say anything, she knew Monique was right.  

Monique has NOTHING I want, at least I didn't have to marry a baller to get out of "the hood."  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4

I think that many of the ladies recognize that Gizelle makes her way on the show with mostly contrived plotlines and relationships and keep her job by being the woman who isn't too nice to spread gossip, rumors, and innuendo in her talking heads.  She's taken a page out of the "How to stay a HW" playbook and Monique isn't the only person she's come after. She's done the same to Ashley, Karen, Charisse, Katie, and Candiace. In fact, the only person she has been halfway nice to is Robyn, and early on, she even side eyed her relationship with Juan. It's interesting to hear folks say that they don't understand why Monique is coming at her. I'm more wondering why the rest of them never tried to before?

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Love 5