Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Candiace and Monique see each other for the first time since the dramatic altercation; Gizelle sets the record straight on her relationship; Karen and Gizelle discuss the ups and downs of their friendship; Wendy reflects on her first season.

Airdate 12.13.2020

There have been a lot of issues these past weeks with posters going at each other over their positions on Monique and Candiace.  Since I’m sure the reunion will cover the same ground, please review our Golden Rule before you post here.  Let’s all be like Coco Chanel - if you think you’ve put on too many accessories gone too far, you probably have.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

If Monique had time to compile that book of receipts, then she has nothing to do and WAY too much time on her hands.

Karen is a bitch, who looks more like a frog each year.

Monique is a nasty bully.  And the eighties wants their hairstyle back.

• Love 24

Robyn always changes her hair...maybe she thinks changing her hair will get her some notice.

Monique is a bully, but like Karen said in season 3...Candiace needs to pick her battles.  Though I do like when she gathers Ashley and Andy Cohen

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I can’t believe Monique sat there and basically said colorism isn’t an issue.

What turnip truck dropped that bully?

Now we’re going to see how aggressive Monique really is (see what I did there?)

Karen, you’re closer to sixty than forty.  No one is wearing perfume anymore honey, that shit stopped with Tabu.  And Karen, you had all that work done on your face and they couldn’t take off that growth?  It gets bigger every year.  

Karen is trying to tie Monique in the bully department.

Gizelle why are you with cheater cheater pumpkin eater?

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15

Why would anybody send a text to Monique?

Wonderful Monique, you are an aggressive bully.  See what I did there you ugly bitch.  Get this hood rat off the show NOW.  And get her a drink cause the heifer is thirsty.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 18

Monique is trash.  Any woman who talks about another woman “not being able to keep a man” is misogynistic in my book.

Can’t wait to see how long it takes for big Chris to unload her, and it’ll be for a light skinned woman, since Monique doesn’t believe colorism exists.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Axie said:

Was Ashley insulted that someone, I think Candyass, said Dean looks like Michael?  Umm, Ashley?   Dean looks like Michael.  And, Michael's your husband.   Sooooo?

How dare you say my child looks like his father!! That was the dumbest outrage lol ... 

• LOL 9
  • Love 8

Monique is some kind of sociopath. And I mean, sure, I get there is history between Gizelle and Karen, but Karen throwing her lot behind Monique is so bizarre to me. 

The thing is, with regard to Candiace vs. Ashley, I tend to be more on Ashley's side than Candiace's because I think Candiace stepped way over the line with Ashley. But even still, I don't think either woman is a sociopath, and that's how Monique comes across to me. And while I do think Gizelle and Jamal's relationship is for the show, Monique's behavior is so beyond the pale that it makes me side with Gizelle.

It was interesting to see that aside between Monique and Ashley. Ashley didn't seem too keen to perpetuate Monique's narrative. 

I get Wendy's point with regard to colorism but I also think she isn't quite on the up and up about looking down on Ashley. The whole thing about "people like you call me Dr. Wendy" is that she looks down on Ashley and she just doesn't want to admit it. 

• Love 21

I absolutely hate how Andy has to make a big opening statement, and then exchange individual greetings with each Housewife, even though he already greeted them in their dressing rooms.  It’s increasingly obvious that these reunions cannot fill three parts.  

That’s what I thought the retrospective of the entire franchise was about too.  Why would we go over the past five seasons when seasons 1-4 already had their reunions, if not in an effort to fill time?  Isn’t Bravo embarrassed?  Isn’t Andy embarrassed to fan-girl about Kamala?  Twenty bucks he cannot name one Mary J. Bilge song off the top of his head.  

OMG, Gizelle’s fashion faux pas have been “very therapeutic in quarantine.”  I am dead.  Though I can’t stand Karen, and she was caught in two lies straight out the gate—whether her nose had been done and whether she was wearing fake Fendi, Karen was very good against Gizelle, and Gizelle didn’t go so well against Karen.  Karen scored points by pointing out that Gizelle is 50, because that’s Gizelle’s Achilles Heel, even though she looks no more than 45.  Gizelle was also very weak in calling out Karen’s opinion as “your opinion!”  Yes, Gizelle, Andy asked Karen her opinion and she’s giving it.  This is year five.  Does Gizelle not understand the format?  I think Karen was absolutely telling the truth about Gizelle’s makeup line—I think it is defunct and in liquidation like Karen said, and not just that production has halted because of COVID, as Gizelle said.  

Robyn is going to hold Ashley (and probably Monique) to account for every single word they say, and I’m here for that.  Andy is already kissing Monique’s ass like she’s not a thug in an ice skating dress (TM Alex McCord).  So thank God someone is stepping up to the plate.  

Wendy lost a lot of points with me when she blamed Ashley’s use of the word “aggressive” for racist messages she received, instead of blaming...the racists.  Additional loss of points for having four degrees, but being unable to answer Andy’s question about what word someone should use in place of “ferocious,” and only using an example that you shouldn’t call your son who is misbehaving a “bad boy.”

I noticed Candiace actually physically dodged the colorist question, which was probably smart, because I couldn’t imagine her making a good argument about it.  I think Candiace is slowly realizing that not everything requires a response.  Her strongest argument against Monique and Ashley is that Monique beat her ass, expressed no remorse, and engaged in a smear campaign, and Ashley enabled it every step of the way.  Credit to Candiace for not picking every battle.  

Yes, let’s talk about Wendy’s degrees and Candiace’s song and Gizelle’s house that she can’t afford to complete...because that’s what the hell we tune in for.  Karen spilling the tea about Jamal was everything, and I completely believe her and I disbelieve Gizelle and all that yarn that she was spinning about it being good for her kids to watch the show back and blah, blah, blah.  Everything Monique said about Jamal was true, because Gizelle had no reaction, because there was nothing to deny.  This was not Candiace’s issue.  I want to hear more about what is the binder and Michael’s and Chris Samuels’s horrible words/behavior and, of course, the fight.  What they did in this installation is what they do on the show:  keep it slow and boring until the very end in order to tease us to tune in next week.  And yet...I watch.  I think I’m going to go eat a whole thing of gummy bears and drown in self-loathing...

At least I don’t keep a binder on people.  But just because Monique is a bitch and a psycho doesn’t mean I have any doubts that her receipts about Jamal were 100% true.  Watching Gizelle squirm and be forced to admit that Jamal wouldn’t be appearing at the reunion made me much happier than I had a right to be.  I think Monique is despicable and she should probably be fired for the way she laid hands on Candiace, but this is fair game to me.  This is what I was looking for all season—real accusations with receipts about extramarital affairs and secrets.  So Monique delivered on that front, even though I loathe her.  As strange as it feels to be Team Monique/Karen on any damn thing, two things can be true at once, and I think here it is true that Monique is mentally ill and it’s true that everything she said about Jamal was derived from a real source.  And I don’t think it’s beyond the pale to report about that.  I think that’s her job description.  Laying hands is not in the job description.  

• Love 21

Monique is a sociopath who has been gassed up by the people who follow her on social media.  Many of them are young , sadly black, women who look up to Monique because she “secured the bag” without having to go to college or work a job.  

So, Monique it’s okay to come after Jamal but no one can come for your fugly husband? Good to know.

And people have been saying Gizelle’s relationship is fake for months.  Monique is nothing but a psychopath and I am not here for bullying.  Hey, didn’t Monique fake cry to the therapist that she was bullied as a child?

Now I know why no one wanted to play with her!

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 20

I couldn't get behind the Gizelle dating Jamal for a storyline thing because it didn't make sense. It didn't make her look good, and made her look worse for taking back such a cheater. 

Monique's text actually made me more sure than ever. Those texts sounded like something a guy would say to his side girlfriend to keep her on the hook. Or maybe Gizelle is the side girlfriend. All I know is, she and likely numerous other women have been played once again by Jamal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

"Well that is unfortunate" -- I loved this line from Candiance.

How is it that Monique's "binder trick" actually made me sympathetic towards Gizelle and Candiance, the two people I normally can't stand???

• Love 11

I think Wendy looked fantastic. She should stick w/shorter hair. I wasn’t sure if Gizelle’s relationship was fake until tonight. She made it painfully obvious in both her demeanor and lack of real response that it’s all for the show. I was actually embarrassed for her. Andy looked so uncomfortable during various points. I think even he was overwhelmed by the amount of shade/gossip being thrown around. And like a previous poster mentioned, I was also surprised at Ashley’s reaction to Monique. She seemed to only tolerate her and when Monique brought up the binder, Ashley tried to shut that down. I am glad they brought up the colorism issue and i wish they’d had more time to dissect it.

• Love 13

How are Karen and Monique the bullies?!

Wouldn't Gizzard and her puppet be considered bullies then, particularly with their constant 'joking' at Karen's expense last year...from Free Uncle Ben-gate to whether Karen really owns her house, etc. I LOVED Karen and Monique shutting Gizzard down.

No comments or smart assed remarks, Giz? Just keep up the facade with Rev. Leon Lonnie Tracfone and your gaudy house.  Karen shutting her down regarding Err'hue was brilliant.

See Candiace, this is why you got that ass kicked....still selling wolf tickets.  And you're one to talk about Ashley still going on about how upset she was about y'all's situation, when you're still whining and post-itng about what Monique did to you!

I bet there are some bald yellow fish swimming about, what in the bluedilly fuck was Robyn wearing on her head?!

No one looked good gown wise....liked Karen, Gizzard and Candiace's hairstyles.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • LOL 4
  • Love 20

Gizelle got ate the fuck up by Monique.  She couldn't say nothing because it's all true. Everyhue Beauty IS defunct.  It's not coming back.  She might be in a relationship with Jamal but he's not in one with her.  More on this later.

Monique is a nasty piece of work and she has nothing better to do than collect "receipts" in a binder.  It's not like she doesn't have kids and a house to run.  And Big Boy behind the scenes talking about "they tryna destroy our family."  No, that would be Monique for trying to get with her trainer...

...which is why Monique needs to remain for next season and Charrisse, Gigi and/or the trainer needs to be brought on. 

Big Boy needs to be mad at Monique for putting their family in that situation in the first place.

7 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Big boy Monique your wife just attacked someone’s kids calling their dad a whore you need to set your fat ass all the way down

Neither Big Boy nor Monique would say that stuff to Jamal's face.  If you want to attack Gizelle, ok, but they didn't need to be attacking Jamal because Jamal never did anything to either one of them.

4 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Monique is trash.  Any woman who talks about another woman “not being able to keep a man” is misogynistic in my book.

If you go back to previous seasons, Monique has this mindset where your worth is tied to your man and ability to have children.  She doesn't respect Candiace as a woman because in her mind Candiace isn't a "real" woman because she doesn't have kids.  Karen had the same attitude towards Ashley during Season 1. Candiace doesn't have a "real" marriage because she didn't have a honeymoon. That's because Monique wasn't validated as a woman or a mother until Chris finally decided to marry her.

Was Ashley insulted that someone, I think Candyass, said Dean looks like Michael?  Umm, Ashley?   Dean looks like Michael.  And, Michael's your husband.   Sooooo?

Because Michael is ugly, Ashley knows Michael is ugly so somebody saying Dean looks like Michael is saying Dean is ugly.  If Ashley did not feel Michael was ugly, somebody saying Dean looks like Michael would not bother her. (the same situation happened on RHOA when somebody said Porsha's baby looked like Dennis).

9 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The thing is, with regard to Candiace vs. Ashley, I tend to be more on Ashley's side than Candiace's because I think Candiace stepped way over the line with Ashley.

The thing about the Candiace/Ashley back/forth on Twitter is both of them were insulting each other on Twitter and then Ashley went into labor while Candiace was still going at it, not knowing Ashley went into labor.  My question is why the F are you fighting somebody on Twitter when you're 9 months pregnant and ready to give birth at any moment?   So while Candiace was vile, Ashley was also an active participant in that.  No sympathy for her.  Candiace does need to retire her Twitter fingers, especially as she is booking more outside gigs like the BET movie.

I do think the colorism angle is valid because Wendy & Candiace were called "aggressive" for their actions but when Ashley & Robyn did the same thing in previous seasons, neither one of them got called "aggressive."  Colorism is an angle but not "the" angle because brown Monique (who is actually aggressive) isn't painted with that tag, and that's interesting to me.

4 minutes ago, nb360 said:

How is it that Monique's "binder trick" actually made me sympathetic towards Gizelle and Candiance, the two people I normally can't stand???

Because it was unnecessary.  Going after Jamal...Jamal hasn't interacted or said anything to Monique so for her to viciously broadcast his business to get back at Gizelle was distasteful.  Jamal didn't do anything to those people.

1 minute ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I didn't think Karen was a bully, but Monique going after Jamal like that to get to Gizelle...again, Jamal didn't do anything to those people so for Monique and Chris to be smug and gleeful about spilling his tea to get at Gizelle...not cool.

So this will be the second relationship of Gizelle's that Monique has tanked...next season will be very interesting!

• Love 20

My first reaction is Robyn should be seated on the other side. All you see is her hair.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:55 AM, TexasGal said:

Airdate 12.13.2020

There have been a lot of issues these past weeks with posters going at each other over their positions on Monique and Candiace.  Since I’m sure the reunion will cover the same ground, please review our Golden Rule before you post here.  Let’s all be like Coco Chanel - if you think you’ve put on too many accessories gone too far, you probably have.

Let's not be like Coco Chanel. She was traitor to her country and slept with the enemy.

• Love 5

Who is Gizzard?

Anybody who brings a receipt book to shame others is bully, sociopath and thug in an ugly cocktail dress.  That’s Monique!  The woman who graduated from the Wendy Williams School for Young Ladies, where you don’t learn anything except to hook a baller and make sure you have kids to get that child support $$$$.

And Karen, I never saw your shit in Bloomingdales, and people really don’t flock to that store like they did in years past, remember Lord &Taylor went bye bye.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 8

Who on Gods green earth ever believed that the Giz & Jamal reunited story was real?

As I posted earlier this season you could tell that her girls (lovely by the way) were very uncomfortable having to go along with this fake storyline so mama could keep her paycheck and her Dad wasn't having any of it either.

• Love 10

Gizzard is Gizelle.

And while I did cringe at the receipts book, I don't see it as shaming, especially since the green eyed coven have no problems shaming the other HG's, either through ageism or about businesses when yours just got shut down.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Love 17
12 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

And Karen, I never saw your shit in Bloomingdales, and people really don’t flock to that store like they did in years past, remember Lord &Taylor went bye bye.

I don’t have either of those stores where I live, but I sure as shit looked for L’Dame in every store I shopped at this last week (which was quite a few, I had off work Friday just to shop) and had I seen it I would have bought it (and so would my friend who I was shopping with). She needs to get that into Ulta, Kohl’s, Target, Walmart, wherever.  The first thing you walk past in many stores is the perfume this time of year.  I always get perfume for Christmas.

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Monique is such a simple-minded individual and she’s never held a legit job in her life, so all of her worth is tied into being married. And it’s clear shes never held a position and her podcast is tanking by the fact that she thinks a good use of time is pulling together a binder of “receipts”.
She needs to go after this and I hope the ladies refuse to film with her again next season.

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

ALL of these ladies engage in bullying behavior.  It’s the group dynamic.   The group up against each other to “shade” each other.  Then group up again to punish each other for the shade.   We’ve seen far too much mean girl behavior on this show to single any one person out as the bully.   

That being said, the Monique/Gizelle stuff at the end was uncomfortable.  Gizelle is super shady but I felt a little bad for her.   She put herself in a bad situation.   If the relationship is real she looks bad for getting back with a man with a well established rep for cheating and that her father and kids don’t like for her   If the relationship is fake it looks bad because.....that’s the best fake relationship you could come up with?.....lol

• Love 11

The problem with Monique's little book binder is it now gives license for other people to start publishing their books too.  Monique shouldn't cry next season when Gigi, Charrise, the trainer OR Chris' ex-girlfriend is brought onto the show because Monique was Chris' personal assistant and allegedly personally assisted in getting rid of Chris' girlfriend.

Everyone looked like they felt bad for Gizelle or were uncomfortable except Karen and IMO Karen & Monique strategized together off screen to publish the burn book during the reunion.

Gizelle claims (on the chat show) that Karen claimed Wendy wasn't pretty enough for the show and this is what she meant by "not a good fit."

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, After7Only said:

If the relationship is fake it looks bad because.....that’s the best fake relationship you could come up with?.....lol

I think Gizelle should take a page out of Kenya's book and do online dating. That could be a whole storyline, from getting the right pictures up on the web, to figuring out who to date based on pictures, a series of "first dates," and then selecting the one or two that you date while going about your business and taking care of your girls. I'd love to see a mature woman handling this aspect of starting a relationship.

• Love 19

Monique sucks. Her ranting to Ashley that Candiace isn’t taking any accountability cracks me up. Look in the mirror bitch. Her little fans on ig really have her believing her own hype. I’m not even a fan of anyone really but Monique is making me take everyone’s side but hers. Her husband looks like a fool.

• Love 15

This cultural"colorisim" is very true. I live in a city where the majority of the population is now Latino/Latina and there has always been colorisim/origin discrimination within the Latin community itself (which I first started realizing in the 80's when I was old enough to start to notice it) based on their country and region of origin be it Mexico, El Salvador, Ecuador,., and from what town or region, city or now with later generations if they were born in the U.S.A. Hate to say it but the women seem to be the worst about going in on the I am better than you nonsense against each other.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

The thing about the Candiace/Ashley back/forth on Twitter is both of them were insulting each other on Twitter and then Ashley went into labor while Candiace was still going at it, not knowing Ashley went into labor.  My question is why the F are you fighting somebody on Twitter when you're 9 months pregnant and ready to give birth at any moment?   So while Candiace was vile, Ashley was also an active participant in that.  No sympathy for her.  Candiace does need to retire her Twitter fingers, especially as she is booking more outside gigs like the BET movie.

I don't think Candiace deserved what Monique did to her but that doesn't mean I don't see how vicious she can be to people and that's my feeling about her and Ashley. (Even if Ashley has contributed to their problems in her own right).

But my overarching point wasn't to say who's more to blame when it comes to Candiace vs. Ashley, it was more to say that even with their problems, both Ashley and Candiace seem like people who have a core of empathy to them. Monique does not. She's hell-bent on destroying Gizelle and Candiace because she thinks in doing so, she'll somehow look justified in her behavior. She doesn't seem to get that until she holds herself accountable, the only person she's destroying is herself. 

On a totally separate note, I think that the whole thing about insisting that a Housewife have a romantic relationship is stupid. Karen's statement that Gizelle would lose her job may or may not be true but the fact is that Gizelle does keep the action moving in this franchise, with or without relationship. She shouldn't have to be in one to keep her place.

Finally, Karen's comment that Wendy isn't right for Potomac made me laugh. Yes, God forbid someone on any of these shows have a PhD, clearly they aren't a good fit for a sacred Real Housewives spot.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Wouldn't Gizzard and her puppet be considered bullies then, particularly with their constant 'joking' at Karen's expense last year...from Free Uncle Ben-gate to whether Karen really owns her house, etc. I LOVED Karen and Monique shutting Gizzard down.

No comments or smart assed remarks, Giz? Just keep up the facade with Rev. Leon Lonnie Tracfone and your gaudy house.  Karen shutting her down regarding Err'hue was brilliant.

See Candiace, this is why you got that ass kicked....still selling wolf tickets.  And you're one to talk about Ashley still going on about how upset she was about y'all's situation, when you're still whining and post-itng about what Monique did to you!

I bet there are some bald yellow fish swimming about, what in the bluedilly fuck was Robyn wearing on her head?!

No one looked good gown wise....liked Karen, Gizzard and Candiace's hairstyles.

I agree 100 percent with you!!!🤣🤣

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't think Candiace deserved what Monique did to her but that doesn't mean I don't see how vicious she can be to people and that's my feeling about her and Ashley. (Even if Ashley has contributed to their problems in her own right).

But my overarching point wasn't to say who's more to blame when it comes to Candiace vs. Ashley, it was more to say that even with their problems, both Ashley and Candiace seem like people who have a core of empathy to them. Monique does not. She's hell-bent on destroying Gizelle and Candiace because she thinks in doing so, she'll somehow look justified in her behavior. She doesn't seem to get that until she holds herself accountable, the only person she's destroying is herself. 

On a totally separate note, I think that the whole thing about insisting that a Housewife have a romantic relationship is stupid. Karen's statement that Gizelle would lose her job may or may not be true but the fact is that Gizelle does keep the action moving in this franchise, with or without relationship. She shouldn't have to be in one to keep her place.

Finally, Karen's comment that Wendy isn't right for Potomac made me laugh. Yes, God forbid someone on any of these shows have a PhD, clearly they aren't a good fit for a sacred Real Housewives spot.

I agree...a woman should not be kicked off if she does not have a husband or a boyfriend. I know the brand is housewives but Gizelle being alone is okay...way better than pretending to be with Jamal.

• Love 12

Damn. They came for Gizelle & Big Sister Gorgeous One was not prepared. She got read about her taste level, her man & her business. It struck me that Jamal left her to fend for herself. I was hoping for a close up of Monique's receipts. She should have passed them around so everyone could read them.

So far Karen & Robyn are my favorites. Karen facilitating the drama & Robyn being the peacemaker. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9