Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Safer at Home

• Start Topic

Airs December 1, 2020

While isolated at home due to the spread of Covid-19, Whitney struggles with her growing resentment toward Chase. Will this quarantined couple come to an agreement over their living situation, or will the pandemic drive a bigger wedge between them?

She can struggle with her resentment all she likes. It seems, when she established The Plan about Chase moving to Charlotte and shacking up, she forgot to forward him a copy of said Plan. Although we know this whole farce is about as real as a three dollar bill, I cannot imagine the ordeal of being shut up in a house for weeks/months on end with that woman.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

TLC can't even come up with a plausible script for this. Why should we, the viewers, side with Whit on this? Given what we were shown about each of them, it makes much more sense for her to move rather than him. Her "resentment" just comes off a super petty and selfish. I get they showed Babs maybe needing help but it's just a few hours away. Not to mention she was willing to move to Charlotte for the once a week videos with Ryan, but not Wilmington for a fiancee?

• Love 24

Even my husband laughed at the teaser/preview TCL was running last night, where Twit bemoans Chase not following her plan for him to move in with her: if he had come here like he promised, we might be ending lockdown with a baby!

Oh, you will be, big girl.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Even my husband laughed at the teaser/preview TCL was running last night, where Twit bemoans Chase not following her plan for him to move in with her: if he had come here like he promised, we might be ending lockdown with a baby!

Oh, you will be, big girl.

Well, one of them did get a baby, it just wasn't Whitney 😂

I laughed all through that preview.

Anyone else thinking she's hiding about a 40-pound weight gain under that blue blanket she's swathed in?  

• Love 12

I guess we're supposed to have forgotten that Chase told her he was not interested in having a baby?  I guess we're supposed to have forgotten that PCOS is a significant impairment to fertility? I guess we're not supposed to know that morbid obesity is a significant impairment to fertility? I guess we're not supposed to know that being over the age of 30 is a significant impairment to fertility?  While I am sure there are morbidly obese women with PCOS who conceived when they were over thirty, they are the lucky ones who beat the odds, not the norm.  And how many of them conceived by tricking a man into unprotected sex  after he had told them he didn't want to start a family?

No, all Whitney needed was a few weeks quarantined with Chase and a condom with a hole in it and she'd HAVE HER BABY. Can't wait to see how the show pulls this off . . .

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Anyone else thinking she's hiding about a 40-pound weight gain under that blue blanket she's swathed in?  

It does seem a little odd for her to be all wrapped up like that.  She's always complaining how hot she is and taking things off not covering up.

• Love 10

"Whitney struggles with her growing resentment toward Chase. Will this quarantined couple come to an agreement over their living situation, or will the pandemic drive a bigger wedge between them?"

In all this pandemic mess the one thing I have heard from all my other friends in committed relationships is "Whatever else is going on right now, THANK GOD I'm riding this through with my boyfriend/girlfriend/partner/husband/wife!"

LIke, what is the wedge? We are going through a once in a lifetime crisis, you don't fucking work, you are not having a normal human reaction to this with an actual romantic partner, how is this not obvious and humiliating to you?

• Love 14

I'm wondering if this episode will address why Whitney and Ryan couldn't keep NoBSActive going?  I can understand if Whitney didn't want to be in the same room with Ryan while they worked out because she is at high risk for covid infection and complications. But surely they could have done something like taping Ryan doing the workout, then taping Whitney separately doing the workout with modifications, then editing  the two together?  It looked to me as if they were taping the workouts with their phones, so it's not as if they would need to travel to a studio space. (As an aside, I thought this was the  "thriving business" Glenn referred to when he expressed the opinion that Whitney shouldn't leave Charlotte for Wilmington.)

I guess we'll find out tonight!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I'm wondering if this episode will address why Whitney and Ryan couldn't keep NoBSActive going?  I can understand if Whitney didn't want to be in the same room with Ryan while they worked out because she is at high risk for covid infection and complications. But surely they could have done something like taping Ryan doing the workout, then taping Whitney separately doing the workout with modifications, then editing  the two together?  It looked to me as if they were taping the workouts with their phones, so it's not as if they would need to travel to a studio space. (As an aside, I thought this was the  "thriving business" Glenn referred to when he expressed the opinion that Whitney shouldn't leave Charlotte for Wilmington.)

I guess we'll find out tonight!!

I don’t think dumping nobsactive was part of the plan and I don’t think it was because of Covid. This is just speculation on my part but I think she did it out of spite. There have been some SM posts by Ryan that make me think he was pissed about the end of nobsactive and is disgusted with Whitney’s behavior. After all he put basically all of the work into it while she just collected a paycheck and screwed around during taping. Even after Covid started they did so some remote recording. But I think Whitney is pissed about what happened. Chase was supposed to pretend to be in love with her and she was supposed to break it off because he was so rigid and unwilling to compromise (i.e. do whatever Whitney says). But he broke the agreement with the baby and made her look like someone who would get cheated on instead of the strong woman who dumped the successful guy. I also think she expected Ryan to be public with his disappointment in Chase for his cheating ways. Of course that would never happen since Ryan and Chase have been friends forever and he didn’t cheat. It was fake so Ryan has no reason to be upset with Chase. I think when all of that played out she quit on Ryan to punish him for “betraying” her. Of course if they address the cancelling of nobsactive they won’t say that, if indeed that’s what happened, but it’s what I suspect is the case. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I haven’t seen the trailer with the blue blanket but I saw the one on the FB page. Lots of crap there but one thing that continues to bug me is how she acts like she’s in charge of her parents and treats them like children. How dare she say ‘I won’t let my mother see my father’ about Covid. Your parents are adults! They are able to make decisions for themselves. You don’t get to tell them what to do. I’m sick of her acting like she’s in charge. UGH. 

This has always infuriated me!  Her parents aren't that much older than I am and she treats them like they're 100.   Her dad apparently works full time running a business, and must do quite well judging by his beautiful home and the fact that his wife never had to work (I assume?).  And let's face it, he's basically supporting both his layabout children to at least some degree.  Whatever it is that Whitney did as a living....dance class, exercise videos, shilling sex toys, clothing, it still required Dadwe to co-sign for the Greensboro house.  So much for financial or any other kind of independence LOL.   

And she didn't take Babs back to Charlotte with her for her safety. She would have been far safer at home in Greensboro.  Judging by her pissy demeanor in last week's episode, Whit probably had recently found out that Chase "moved on" LOL and the script was going to have to be rewritten, so I think she very selfishly wanted her mommy with her so she could comfort her and care for her.  Let's see, if you were Babs, where would you rather be, at your spacious home with beautiful gardens and plenty of room to walk, where you could sit in the patio with your hubby, barbequing, sleeping in your own comfy bed?  OR sitting in a cramped apartment with a giant blathering braying crying baby?  And I'll bet it was Babs doing the cooking and the housework.    How dare she separate her parents for a period of time like that?   Oh well, this is the daughter they raised so they're stuck with her!!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don’t think dumping nobsactive was part of the plan and I don’t think it was because of Covid. This is just speculation on my part but I think she did it out of spite. There have been some SM posts by Ryan that make me think he was pissed about the end of nobsactive and is disgusted with Whitney’s behavior. After all he put basically all of the work into it while she just collected a paycheck and screwed around during taping. Even after Covid started they did so some remote recording. But I think Whitney is pissed about what happened. Chase was supposed to pretend to be in love with her and she was supposed to break it off because he was so rigid and unwilling to compromise (i.e. do whatever Whitney says). But he broke the agreement with the baby and made her look like someone who would get cheated on instead of the strong woman who dumped the successful guy. I also think she expected Ryan to be public with his disappointment in Chase for his cheating ways. Of course that would never happen since Ryan and Chase have been friends forever and he didn’t cheat. It was fake so Ryan has no reason to be upset with Chase. I think when all of that played out she quit on Ryan to punish him for “betraying” her. Of course if they address the cancelling of nobsactive they won’t say that, if indeed that’s what happened, but it’s what I suspect is the case. 

She definitely dumped him out of spite!  As if he couldn't have done the whole thing by himself (since he practically did).  And now she's doing it with Jessica, but if you watch the sample video you will see that she is fully the alpha in her new "partnership".  Let's see how long Jessica puts up with her.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, princelina said:

She definitely dumped him out of spite!  As if he couldn't have done the whole thing by himself (since he practically did).  And now she's doing it with Jessica, but if you watch the sample video you will see that she is fully the alpha in her new "partnership".  Let's see how long Jessica puts up with her.

I don't know.  I seem to remember a trailer where Ryan told her that if she moved back to Greensboro  he was "out." Said he just couldn't do it any more. 

So is the spin going to be that Whitney was becoming increasingly dissatisfied with Chase because he didn't want to move to move to Charlotte and he was spending more time working rather than kissing her ass 24/7? Ok, Whit. It was you who was thinking about a break up. Suurrrre, what ever makes you feel better about being dumped, cheated on and lied to. Now we can watch all her besties rally around her and tell her Chase was never good enough for her. I don't know if I can stomach it. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

So is the spin going to be that Whitney was becoming increasingly dissatisfied with Chase because he didn't want to move to move to Charlotte and he was spending more time working rather than kissing her ass 24/7? Ok, Whit. It was you who was thinking about a break up. Suurrrre, what ever makes you feel better about being dumped, cheated on and lied to. Now we can watch all her besties rally around her and tell her Chase was never good enough for her. I don't know if I can stomach it. 

And they’ll probably double down whenever NOBSACTIVE breaks up saying Ryan would be nothing without all HER hard work and she was NOBSACTIVE 🙄 Unless Todd’s there he might throw in one snarky comment but they will still bash Ryan and for the life of me I still don’t know why we are supposed to think he’s such a creep based on what’s on the show.  

Honestly, he treats these people probably better than I would.  I like most of the barnacles with the possible exception of Buddy although he has moved up and I no longer dislike him more than Whitney.  The Ryan thing is sort of like the Chase thing.  At worst Chase looked bored, but he’s mostly been cordial.  Now he’s a VILLIAN!

Ryan, I get might not mesh with the gang of codependency, but since I don’t watch all the episodes and definitely not that closely why exactly don’t they like him?  The “worst” thing I recall happening is his refusal to apologize to Whitney, for *checks notes* saving her life rowing her fatass back to shore. So are Chase’s and Ryan’s only real crime not groveling at Whitney’s feet or did they actually do something I missed?  I don’t count having a baby with his actual girlfriend because this ostracizing and bad treatment started from day one.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

So are Chase’s and Ryan’s only real crime not groveling at Whitney’s feet or did they actually do something I missed?  I don’t count having a baby with his actual girlfriend because this ostracizing and bad treatment started from day one.

Well they also didn’t beg Whitney’s forgiveness when Chase got his actual girlfriend pregnant and swear that he really loves her and not his real girlfriend. And Ryan is extra evil because he celebrated the arrival of his close friend’s beautiful daughter instead of abandoning him to do Whit’s bidding. 

So they could have redeemed themselves for failing to grovel since the beginning  by making Whit the center of attention when the baby news hit, but they failed. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

This dog is gorgeous! Poodles are lovely. I don't remember hearing anything about her; I hope she's all right.

e: Ooh, Buddy actually looks a lot better with just that mustache/no beard!

Edited by PupCal
  • Love 1

Soooooo funny watching her bee-bopping and scatting on and on as she tries so hard to set up the scenario for the breakup that already happened when the producers told her that Chase was quitting the show because he got his real GF preggers and they were gonna have to write him out of the script earlier than originally planned LOL.  🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Thoughts:  THE PLAN yammer yammer yammer...  

Buddy could have just trimmed all that hair and looked 100 percent better.  I'm not feeling the hairless face.

We get it; Whitney is a HERO for saving her mother from Covid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'm arriving late because Mom is in the hospital again. *sigh* Nothing like watching this kind of idiocy to perk up my righteous indignation.

I have to love how Whitney keeps downplaying Chase's ties in Wilmington. That his role at the bar is just a "job". Idiot, he is a part owner! That's his own money, that he earned, riding on that business. I get that holding down actual jobs and having responsibility is an alien concept to Whiney, who still feels like the universe needs to revolve around her oversized ass. Heifer, your cooch isn't anything that special that a man should be expected to drop his entire life on your say so.

And this bullshit that her life is tied to either Greensboro or Charlotte when she 1) doesn't have an employer that she is obligated to or 2) have a business with a set location that she is responsible for is more of her self-centered bullshit. I can get that she doesn't want to move further away from her parents, but kids move away from their families when they are building lives of their own. Since this isn't real, I have no investment outside of mocking this stupid cow but in a real relationship, one partner needs to exercise some flexibility if they want to be together. Since it's not, it's just Whitney throwing a massive tantrum that someone isn't kissing her massive rear end. Boo hoo.

• Love 13

Oh Whitney. So annoying.  Coming out of quarantine with a baby? Really? As an obese woman who says she gets a period once a decade? Poof just like that you guys would have gotten pregnant?

It would have made my teeth itch less if she said she could have come out of quarantine at a healthy weight to begin down the road of baby making.

26 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Dumbass, SOMEBODY has to make some $$$$ to keep your fat ass in toilet paper!  Twit.

And who would pay her substantial food bill?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Oh Whitney. So annoying.  Coming out of quarantine with a baby? Really? As an obese woman who says she gets a period once a decade? Poof just like that you guys would have gotten pregnant?

I was laughing at that since we know that Chase's real GF was already pregnant at this point. She just comes across like even more of an idiot.

And Ryan is doing what a good friend does - tell her the truth. Chase has reasons to stay in Wilmington and except for his fake fiancee, has zero reasons for wanting to move to Charlotte. The fact that Whitney is shitting all over everything Chase likes and has going on for himself just shows how fake this whole thing is. She tries to paint it that she's so serious and has so much going on in her life when what she's doing with NoBS can be done on the Moon if she wanted to. She just comes across like a self-involved, selfish moron.

And seriously... WTF is going on with her extensions? Just because she's staying in doesn't mean that she can't wash and brush them out on occasion.

• Love 9

Oh Gods... stop it with the "plan"! Plans change! If being with Chase was that important to Whiney, she would bend a little bit. But since this relationship is as real as the rock that she lost at the beach... nah!

And why the hell is she sharing a bed with her Mom? Doesn't she have a guest room? Because that bed is just barely big enough for her fat ass without trying to share it with someone else.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Oh Gods... stop it with the "plan"! Plans change! If being with Chase was that important to Whiney, she would bend a little bit. But since this relationship is as real as the rock that she lost at the beach... nah!

And why the hell is she sharing a bed with her Mom? Doesn't she have a guest room? Because that bed is just barely big enough for her fat ass without trying to share it with someone else.

Poor Babs, Whitney could roll over onto her and smash her pelvic bone in her sleep!  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Thoughts:  THE PLAN yammer yammer yammer...  

Buddy could have just trimmed all that hair and looked 100 percent better.  I'm not feeling the hairless face.

We get it; Whitney is a HERO for saving her mother from Covid.

Her parents are grown adults. She definitely uses her parents as an excuse to be a lazy slob with no follow through. Her mothers stroke was the perfect excuse to flake on The Fitness Marshall.

• Love 10

I don’t think this show has been able to make quarantining look interesting.  I thought the concept behind a “reality show” was that it was supposed to be a novel take on a novel person’s life, such as someone who is extremely fat who can dance.  But...her quarantine just looks like everyone else’s quarantine, so why does the show think we all want to keep watching?  Especially nine months later.  If they’re going to keep up this kind of coverage, why would the audience watch instead of just...living regular life and experiencing it first hand?  

Oh my God, some people have to work from home, some people are essential workers, so they still go to work, but they’re being cautious, some people’s kids are getting on their nerves, some people are worried their businesses will close, holy shit!!!!!  This is not just a problem I have with this show.  This is a problem I’m having with all of my reality shows, and it’s actually depressing me more than the quarantine itself, because at least when quarantining began in real time, there was escapist TV!  Now this virus is even penetrating scripted TV.  This sucks.  Maybe I need to go watch a period piece and cool off.  

Whitney is just such a pain in the ass spending a whole episode trying to come up with reasons why she can’t/won’t go to or move to Wilmington.  The best excuse is that she can’t see anyone because she’s at a high risk factor because she’s morbidly obese.  That is so surprising, except for the fact that being morbidly obese puts one at a higher risk of every single other thing on the face of the earth too!!!  I thought the point of this show was to show how one can be fat and fabulous despite the morbid obesity.  Wouldn’t she just take the risk and go live with Chase if that was really something she wanted to do?  I would never not quarantine with my husband, nor would I have considered it when we were engaged, regardless of the risk factor.  I think most people feel this way, so this excuse/lie isn’t flying with me.  I mean, most of the lies and excuses at least come with slightly cuter window dressing.  

And if she got it—she’s 35 years old—there is a great likelihood that she would recover relatively quickly.  What’s with the selective fear of illness/death?  If she was that afraid of harming herself, she’d lose 100 lbs, not to mention 200...

Buddy hasn’t seen his face beardless since “October 28, mumble-mumble-mumble-mumble”?  Was that before or after the last time we was able to look down and see his penis?  

The poodle was cute.  

Aw nuts, they said production was shut down and I was so happy and then they switched to “next time.”  Damn.  I was hoping this show would make the decision for me and put me out of my misery.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

This episode was really boring. I don’t want to go back to the early days of Covid and hear about toilet paper shortages and facts and figures about Covid. I do think it is safer for her mom to be away from Glen since he is around a lot of people. Also we all thought it would be for a few weeks at first, not a year. I’m tired of watching people in TV quarantining.

• Love 9

I’m super sad anyone thought for a minute that Whitney was a good candidate as a forever home for that poodle.  I’m assuming since we weren’t privy to the visit to the shelter/rescue organization, filming of the home visits, encouraged to adopt don’t shop, etc. that she bought the dog?

Edited by kicotan
Clarity
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Snarkastikate said:

Is that a sample of her contribution to their typical workout video....standing there  barely moving?  Crap, my senior exercise class could teach her a thing or two.  Oops I forgot, "staying active is so easy" for her.  OMG  

Have you seen the "sample video" now that she's partners with Jessica?  She does all of the exercises sitting down 😄 

My favorite eyeball roll tonight was when her friends who are trying to work from home while watching a toddler/home-schooling kids had to sympathize with all of the "stress" Whitney is under 😄   (Maybe "stress" is the cute name she gave to the big blue blanket)

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, princelina said:

Have you seen the "sample video" now that she's partners with Jessica?  She does all of the exercises sitting down 😄 

My favorite eyeball roll tonight was when her friends who are trying to work from home while watching a toddler/home-schooling kids had to sympathize with all of the "stress" Whitney is under 😄   (Maybe "stress" is the cute name she gave to the big blue blanket)

I'm now officially off work and getting ready to grab some dinner and enjoy this bullshit.  

I love the idea that she might have named that big blue blanket 😂

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I long for the day when we can see TV characters  WITHOUT masks. 

Ya know, I would welcome seeing people being careful and using masks at this time,  The bigger problem all around are the people that think they don't need to wear a mask...

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Both my son and my dad have been fighting cancer since June and have been through several rounds of chemo, radiation, and surgeries during the pandemic. I actually got COVID during my dad's first surgery and wound up in the same hospital myself. COVID sent me into a mild heart attack, and even though that was 7 months ago I have still not completely recovered. I'm what they're calling a "long hauler."

At LEAST, during all of this, I was with my husband and kids at home (when I wasn't contagious). So I felt for Babs in this episode. Whitney can spare me with her fake relationship, my real sympathy was for her parents.

Also, Whit, Ryan wasn't being an asshole. He was being reasonable. What DOES Chase have in Greensboro...?

@LibertarianSlut I turned 40 during quarantine and COVID has caused me complications that I may never fully recover from. The media focuses on the death rate, but there are a slew of other health issues it can cause, some long term. Whitney isn't just overweight, she's morbidly obese. IMO she probably has health problems that haven't been publicly disclosed. Her worrying about getting COVID is one of the few times that she's been realistic about her health. It SHOULD be a wake up call about her weight. But probably not.

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 21

Oh my word, what was all of that red stuff all over Twit’s belly in the scene where she is working out in her garage with the white leggings on?  Is it stretch marks or some type of dermatitis?  If I had that, I would not be bopping around in a bare midriff, I would be covering that mess up.  She has already desensitized us to her girth, and the fact that she can’t wipe her bum unassisted, AND her peeing in hot tubs.  Wow, what IS wrong with Chase, not wanting to run to that?  This pandemic was a Godsend for him!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

The shirtless poster of Glenn is back. I know everyone has different standards for normal but I still say it's super weird to have a poster sized photo of your shirtless father just hanging out on the wall. It's not like it's a family beach trip scene, it's just him and her focus on it is creepy.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Chase has reasons to stay in Wilmington and except for his fake fiancee, has zero reasons for wanting to move to Charlotte. The fact that Whitney is shitting all over everything Chase likes and has going on for himself just shows how fake this whole thing is.

I think she would do all of that even if the relationship were real. That’s how she interacts with her friends and family. I know Whitney thinks people don’t like her because of her weight (and that’s true to some extent), but my *bigger* issue (pun not intended) is she seems like a horrible, selfish person. And then there’s the peeing in hot tubs, obvi (although even that is just another sign of her selfish disposition). 🤮

5 hours ago, kicotan said:

I’m super sad anyone thought for a minute that Whitney was a good candidate as a forever home for that poodle.  I’m assuming since we weren’t privy to the visit to the shelter/rescue organization, filming of the home visits, encouraged to adopt don’t shop, etc. that she bought the dog?

I thought I read that Whitney adopted her dog, but, you’re right, we haven’t seen any indication of such on the show. I am very pro-rescue, so I wonder if that memory is just wishful thinking on my part. Does anyone who follows her SM remember if she’s said how she obtained her dog? Knowing Whit, if she did adopt, she would take every opportunity to remind us of what a wonderful person she is and invite praise from her devotees.

ETA: I’m so sorry to hear about you and your family, @mamadrama Rate of death is only one way to measure the impact of this virus and I agree that there isn’t enough focus on those who survive but suffer from further health issues. We know other viruses can have extensive, potentially life-long complications for some people- from cancer to autoimmune conditions. We don’t yet know the long-term health implications of COVID. I hope you’re getting the supportive medical and emotional care you need as a long-hauler. ❤️

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, kicotan said:

It depends on where she adopted her from. Our animal shelter doesn't require home visits or applications. You literally just show up, pay the $35, and leave with the dog of your choice. 

Cats are free. 

Yes, it's scary. 

• Love 3
On 11/30/2020 at 1:07 PM, Ketzel said:

I guess we're supposed to have forgotten that Chase told her he was not interested in having a baby?  I guess we're supposed to have forgotten that PCOS is a significant impairment to fertility? I guess we're not supposed to know that morbid obesity is a significant impairment to fertility? I guess we're not supposed to know that being over the age of 30 is a significant impairment to fertility?  While I am sure there are morbidly obese women with PCOS who conceived when they were over thirty, they are the lucky ones who beat the odds, not the norm.  And how many of them conceived by tricking a man into unprotected sex  after he had told them he didn't want to start a family?

No, all Whitney needed was a few weeks quarantined with Chase and a condom with a hole in it and she'd HAVE HER BABY. Can't wait to see how the show pulls this off . . .

While it’s a bit harder to get pregnant after 30 (and the risks get a bit higher) it’s not as much of a “significant impairment” as women have been led to believe. Here’s an article from The Atlantic that goes through the studies and debunks misunderstandings we have about age and fertility:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/07/how-long-can-you-wait-to-have-a-baby/309374/

That said, I completely agree that the combo of Twit’s PCOS, morbid obesity and age would make it really, really, REALLY difficult (near impossible) to get pregnant. Add in the fact that I don’t even think she’s having sex with her pretend fiancée, and the proposition clearly becomes completely impossible. Given my major concerns about her ability to properly care for her cats and dog, I’m glad there’s not much of a path for her to have a child. It’s absurd that the writers/show/Twit are trying to make people buy this storyline. 

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 7

Random thoughts: 

The mantra of the night was "I'm not moving to Wilmington"

That poodle was a super well behaved sweetheart. More poodle, please. Less Whitney making out with her cats. 

Where's Todd? 

Ryan tells Whit like it is. There's nothing going on in Greensboro, what are you going to do there? Ha, ha, Whit did not like hearing that at all. 

Whit, Chase is not just working at some bar. He is an investor, co-owner, and runs the place with partners. I hate the way she belittles what he has going on there. Such a bitch!

I love the preview. "Chase got a woman pregnant". Like she was some rando chick off the street. She's his girlfriend, twit!! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Oh my word, what was all of that red stuff all over Twit’s belly in the scene where she is working out in her garage with the white leggings on?  Is it stretch marks or some type of dermatitis?  If I had that, I would not be bopping around in a bare midriff, I would be covering that mess up.  She has already desensitized us to her girth, and the fact that she can’t wipe her bum unassisted, AND her peeing in hot tubs.  Wow, what IS wrong with Chase, not wanting to run to that?  This pandemic was a Godsend for him!

Recently she had an IG story post of herself in the bathtub (ewwww) and her shoulders and chest had red dots all over. It looked like she had chicken pox, but obviously didn’t. I don’t know if that kind of stuff is a side effect of obesity or not but I would think it would worry her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Whitney has shown that she has a fantastical view of her health issues, including her fertility. She ignores or blows off the real physical problems that her weight is causing her and has an unrealistic view of her physical condition. She believes that she's capable of a lot more physically than she actual is, and believes that she does much more than what we actually see.

She has spoken at length about her lack of fertility due to PCOS and her nearly non-existent menstrual cycle. Would it be possible for her to get pregnant? Most likely not without significant medical intervention and even then, the odds are not in her favor of getting pregnant at all (let alone carrying a pregnancy to term). When she was blathering about how her body was telling her that she could get pregnant with Chase, it was not based on anything close to reality - it was more of her delusional thought process. 

So her whines that if Chase had just dropped his entire life and moved in with her (rather than the other way around), her life would be perfect and she might even have a baby is clear evidence that she is not at all realistic in how she is viewing her life. Her body isn't going to magically get fertile because she's in love. And given when Chase's daughter was born, there's no shortage of irony that his real life GF was already well along with her pregnancy by the time Whitney and her magically-reappearing fertility went on lockdown.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

I’m really hoping the bed sharing just made the ‘conversation before bed’ filming easier and when the cameras stopped they both went to their own bed. She definitely has another bedroom. It seems impossible that townhouse would be a 1 bedroom. 

4 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I think she would do all of that even if the relationship were real. That’s how she interacts with her friends and family. I know Whitney thinks people don’t like her because of her weight (and that’s true to some extent), but my *bigger* issue (pun not intended) is she seems like a horrible, selfish person. And then there’s the peeing in hot tubs, obvi (although even that is just another sign of her selfish disposition). 🤮

I agree. She never considers anyone else’s priorities important. She chose this as the ‘breakup reason’ because she really thinks if it was real he should drop his stupid job and bar ownership to follow her around. It’s ‘just a job’. I also noticed she called his day job a ‘construction job’, making it sound like he’s working as a construction worker. He’s an accountant for the company. I’m sure she calls it a construction job to make it sound like a low job. Not that I think being a construction worker is low, but I bet that’s what Whitney is trying to convey. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10