Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Safer at Home

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

It is so, so easy to make homemade soups and so delicious. You can make a big pot and freeze individual portions. Why she would eat that canned garbage day after day is crazy. 

Easy, she doesn't impress me as someone that would make stock and cut up veggies and meat and portion out soup in freezer containers. So much easier to buy off the shelf. And yes, the sodium in that canned soup may well have contributed to the stroke if that is truly all she ate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Easy, she doesn't impress me as someone that would make stock

Most people don't make stock, you buy it in containers and can get low sodium broth or stock. So I guess I meant to say "semi'homemade"! 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

You know...for as much as the barnacles annoy me - I thought this episode was amazing how it showed how much the virus impacted their lives and how little it really impacted Twit’s. From Heather and Ashley’s juggling work and kids, Jessica’s issue with the gym closings and Tal’s essential personnel work distinction. And then there’s Whitney whining how her fake boyfriend chose a job(s) over vegetating with a blob in Charlotte. Just another example of Twit’s ongoing lack of self awareness. She could have easily worked with Ryan remotely to come up with a NOBS “workout” but she’s a lazy POS. Covid basically gave her excuse to be an even more worthless waste of oxygen. 
I just can’t with this self absorbed heifer. I really wish the uber enablers Glenn and Babs would read her the riot act. But that’s as likely as Twit losing any weight in 2021.

She's quite the insufferable asshole.  

I was appalled that she showed little to no empathy to what Heather and Ashely were going through.  

Appalled, but sadly not surprised.  😕  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Easy, she doesn't impress me as someone that would make stock and cut up veggies and meat and portion out soup in freezer containers. So much easier to buy off the shelf. And yes, the sodium in that canned soup may well have contributed to the stroke if that is truly all she ate.

Hey, quick and easy vegetable soup is broth/stock (you can easily get reduced sodium kind) combined with frozen mixed veg, canned tomatoes and canned potatoes.  Prep takes 5 minutes.  But that's probably too much work for Twit. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Meowy said:

Don't ask my why I'm thinking about this, but as other posters have pointed out, the quarantine has affected Whitney and Babs lifestyle the least.  I'm wondering if growing up Whitney saw Babs not working all day and not cooking (canned soup) and possibly not even cleaning (they could have had/have a housekeeper or cleaning service) and thought that this was a perfectly acceptable way to live.  Why should she have to do all those things if her mother did not? Maybe Babs is just as lazy as Whitney, but it is more hidden, or at least socially acceptable,  because Babs is a "traditional southern lady" and not an obese millennial? 

It's because Babs found herself a husband to pay her bills 😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

It’s crazy for them to drive that far. My guess is it wasn’t necessary but maybe it was easier. I delivered grocerIes to my parents for the first 3 months, although they only live a couple of miles away, because grocery deliver got so booked up you could have to wait 2 weeks or more for a delivery time if you could get one at all. Knowing Whitney she probably had more selfish reasons, but it is possible it wasn’t just her being demanding. 

I pick up my groceries.  I fill in the order and pay with a credit card online, then choose a time.  I go to the store parking lot, and they load the groceries into the trunk of my car.  No contact with anyone.  I can't believe this kind of service isn't available to Whitney.

My suspicion is that Whitney is buying junk food either by drive-through at fast-food joints (although I guess we've never seen her eat Big Macs or anything so pedestrian)--does Starbucks have drive-throughs?  She *must* be getting her coffee milkshakes somewhere.  I would bet money that Hunter/Buddy's food delivery does not constitute all the food that's coming to Whitney's house.

I imagine, in fact, that she's calling her favorite bakeries etc., ordering, and they're running her food out to her car.  She's too big a customer for them to lose.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Whitney made a comment about getting groceries delivered just not able to get TP.  Figure buddy and hunter wanted their Tlc paycheck.

Amazon and lots of other outlets had/have toilet paper, which they deliver for free if you're a Prime member.

Things I've learned in quarantine:  You can get anything you want online, delivered to your door, and there are some really great silent movies on TCM.

I think you're right about wanting to get paid.  I seem to recall that Hunter is an actor (air quotes)--if true, the pandemic has been really tough on hi.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

I pick up my groceries.  I fill in the order and pay with a credit card online, then choose a time.  I go to the store parking lot, and they load the groceries into the trunk of my car.  No contact with anyone.  I can't believe this kind of service isn't available to Whitney.

My suspicion is that Whitney is buying junk food either by drive-through at fast-food joints (although I guess we've never seen her eat Big Macs or anything so pedestrian)--does Starbucks have drive-throughs?  She *must* be getting her coffee milkshakes somewhere.  I would bet money that Hunter/Buddy's food delivery does not constitute all the food that's coming to Whitney's house.

I imagine, in fact, that she's calling her favorite bakeries etc., ordering, and they're running her food out to her car.  She's too big a customer for them to lose.

Most likely Postmates, Grubhub, Uber Eats, all the food delivery apps

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

You know...for as much as the barnacles annoy me - I thought this episode was amazing how it showed how much the virus impacted their lives and how little it really impacted Twit’s. From Heather and Ashley’s juggling work and kids, Jessica’s issue with the gym closings and Tal’s essential personnel work distinction. And then there’s Whitney whining how her fake boyfriend chose a job(s) over vegetating with a blob in Charlotte. Just another example of Twit’s ongoing lack of self awareness. She could have easily worked with Ryan remotely to come up with a NOBS “workout” but she’s a lazy POS. Covid basically gave her excuse to be an even more worthless waste of oxygen. 
I just can’t with this self absorbed heifer. I really wish the uber enablers Glenn and Babs would read her the riot act. But that’s as likely as Twit losing any weight in 2021.

No kidding. Not an ounce of thought or concern for them. She couldn’t even muster up concern for her supposed fiancé and the affect Covid shutdowns would have on his bar business. If you love someone, you care about the things they care about. It should matter to her that something that important to him was being force to shut its doors and facing an uncertain future. But that never even crosses her mind. She truly is more self-absorbed than is even really fathomable. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

This was an earlier scene. Whitney continuing to refer to him as "getting a job at a bar" is really irritating.

Screenshot_20201204-121506.thumb.png.3cb5a0074a842dc2e7c46e0f27ace2ab.png

Screenshot_20201204-121515.thumb.png.685d8c2c9b101ff154229badd82bfb72.png

She has to minimize the accomplishments of others in order to feel good about herself. 

• Love 6
On 12/3/2020 at 2:31 PM, Irate Panda said:

I also don’t understand why Hunter and later Buddy had to hand deliver everything when grocery stores deliver?

Probably to get paid by TLC for being on the episode.

• Love 2
On 11/30/2020 at 5:24 PM, 3girlsforus said:

I haven’t seen the trailer with the blue blanket but I saw the one on the FB page. Lots of crap there but one thing that continues to bug me is how she acts like she’s in charge of her parents and treats them like children. How dare she say ‘I won’t let my mother see my father’ about Covid. Your parents are adults! They are able to make decisions for themselves. You don’t get to tell them what to do. I’m sick of her acting like she’s in charge. UGH. 

YES!  I wonder how much they are all being paid (or perhaps how much Babs loves her 'until-now-unfulfilled moment in the limelight') for this intelligent, successful, witty couple to put up with "young" Whitney's demeaning comments.  (Yes, I know Whit is TRULY concerned about her mom 'n dad, but does she realize how much she is disparaging them in her humiliating babble?!?  If I had ever ATTEMPTED to talk to my mom like that -- waaay back when! -- she would have used me as a Swifter!)  OK!  And all that now said, IF Babs could be coached to 'tone down her Southern Belle bit' just a tad, she could probably have at least as many fans as her daughter. ☺️

• Love 3
On 12/3/2020 at 1:48 PM, 3girlsforus said:

A couple of thoughts on Babs eating. I did notice her thighs in that couch scene. I do think the pajamas, the angle, and the position she was sitting made it look much worse than it is. I think she carries her weight in her thighs but not that much. I didn’t see it nearly as badly when she was sitting in regular clothes or walking. 

It was very noticeable when Babs was on the pier with Whitney and Chase.  She really shouldn't be wearing that flimsy leggings-type fabric that is so unflattering. 

20 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Hey, quick and easy vegetable soup is broth/stock (you can easily get reduced sodium kind) combined with frozen mixed veg, canned tomatoes and canned potatoes.  Prep takes 5 minutes.  But that's probably too much work for Twit. 

One of my favourite things to make when I lived alone was soup. I bought no salt added broth, pre cut stir fry veggies and glass noodles. Took no time at all, quick, and pretty healthy.

• Love 1
On 12/3/2020 at 6:32 PM, Meowy said:

Did anyone else notice the weird competition Whitney constantly has with her mother over absolutely everything? Babs: "I miss my husband" Whitney "I miss Chase MORE" Babs: "I miss Hunter" Whitney "I miss Hunter MORE". I think these are the moments that keep me interested.  The non-scripted stuff that shows just how weird and creepy Whitney really is. 

This killed me. Babs has been married for 40 years, Twit has known Chase a few months and spent hardly any time with him 

• Love 9
On 12/3/2020 at 8:41 PM, bichonblitz said:

It is so, so easy to make homemade soups and so delicious. You can make a big pot and freeze individual portions. Why she would eat that canned garbage day after day is crazy. 

Just to add a 'point-of-view'......For the creative, food-loving 'non-chef,' there are many ways you can use canned soup as a "base." and, then, add in all sorts of veggies, meat, cheese, etc, to come up with a "stew" that's soooo good.  (Sometimes, I even add sour cream to replicate a creamy soup.)  I have some "chef" friends who Luuuuv soup and have a great time creating super soup recipes!!  I think that Babs is on to something!  Soup is not only comfort food, BUT it CAN BE nutritious.  BE CREATIVE!  BE INVENTIVE!  BE A CULINARY VISIONARY!!      slurp  

• Love 5
On 12/1/2020 at 11:36 PM, Colleenna said:

I long for the day when we can see TV characters  WITHOUT masks. 

I tune into the ridiculous Carnival Eats because it reminds me of the days of sunny carefree fun and crowds.....just last year.   I sometimes wonder if we'll ever get back to those things again.  And I also find myself wondering how many of those carnival food vendors are now out of business. 

Nice that Whit had ppl waiting on her during quarantine, because many didn't have that option.  No grocery deliveries happened for a while where I live.   But she's always got ppl willing to pull her over the finish line, as we've seen all too often.   How often were those toilet paper deliveries anyway?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Snarkastikate said:

Nice that Whit had ppl waiting on her during quarantine, because many didn't have that option.  No grocery deliveries happened for a while where I live.   But she's always got ppl willing to pull her over the finish line, as we've seen all too often.   How often were those toilet paper deliveries anyway?

The bold part is my main problem with Whitney. If Buddy/Hunter/Babs want to wait on her during quarantine, it’s really none of my business. But she has absolutely no awareness of how fortunate she is to have people who do all of this stuff for her. She has no appreciation that others are struggling from the quarantine beyond anything she could imagine. Really she hasn’t been affected that much at all compared to most people.  And yet - she whines about it more than anyone I know - including people I know who have lost their businesses, had to cancel their weddings, missed graduations, lost jobs, couldn’t be with their spouse of 55 years when he was dying (not of Covid) because of hospital regulations etc. So STFU Whitney. 

• Love 12

"They said extreme obesity is a risk factor, but nobody says why. It's probably because extremely obese people are more likely to be diabetic or have other risk factors." [Paraphrasing Whitney as she attempts to minimize the risk associated with unadorned extreme obesity.]

No, Whitney, they do say why, and it's pretty awful. Here, if you're lurking, I dare you to read this article from Science magazine: Why Covid-19 Is More Deadly In People With Obesity - Even If They're Young."

• Love 4

Her phone screen is filthy. Gross.

Poor Glenn with his incredible work ethic. He must be disappointed that both of his children haven't inherited it. I'd love to know the family dynamic when Whitney and her brother were growing up.

I used to love coming back home and sharing the bed with my mom. Talking, watching tv together - wonderful memories. 

• Love 2
On 12/5/2020 at 11:48 AM, Snarkastikate said:

I tune into the ridiculous Carnival Eats because it reminds me of the days of sunny carefree fun and crowds.....just last year.   I sometimes wonder if we'll ever get back to those things again.  And I also find myself wondering how many of those carnival food vendors are now out of business. 

The host for carnival Eats is starting to get fat

That would be a good job for Twit. The bigger monstrosity she had to consume the better but she'd happily try it and finish it up. I really don't enjoy Noah at all but I did love Carnival Kings. It was a Carny version of the Great British Bakeoff which took place at the Texas State Fair and in one episode one of the livestock did a runner in the background while the contestants were deep frying out in the open a few hundred feet away.