Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Safer at Home

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I love the preview. "Chase got a woman pregnant". Like she was some rando chick off the street. She's his girlfriend, twit!! 

They really are going scorched earth on the whole thing and throwing Ryan under the bus too. Given that we know when Chase's daughter was born, we know that she was conceived long before he and Whitney were separated by COVID so trying to paint this as a random hook up doesn't work. And then trying to put Ryan on the spot for not ratting Chase out to his fake fiancee is just a convenient way to get him out of NoBS to insert Whitney's newest barnacle. It's really laughable when you really think about it.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Ya know, I would welcome seeing people being careful and using masks at this time,  The bigger problem all around are the people that think they don't need to wear a mask...

I was thinking more along the line of longing for the day when masks are no longer necessary. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I also noticed she called his day job a ‘construction job’, making it sound like he’s working as a construction worker. He’s an accountant for the company. I’m sure she calls it a construction job to make it sound like a low job. Not that I think being a construction worker is low, but I bet that’s what Whitney is trying to convey. 

Kind of funny when last week the show pointed out that Chase has two undergraduate degrees, which doesn't imply that he's stupid. His job is an executive level position at the construction company, so it's not like he's up on roofs every day. And he's an investor in his night club. To be even at all charitable to Whitney's "career", he's got at least as much time and finances invested in Wilmington as she does (again, being extremely charitable) in Greensboro and Charlotte. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I also noticed she called his day job a ‘construction job’, making it sound like he’s working as a construction worker. He’s an accountant for the company. I’m sure she calls it a construction job to make it sound like a low job. Not that I think being a construction worker is low, but I bet that’s what Whitney is trying to convey. 

But if she admitted he only needed a computer and internet access to do his "construction" job, she couldn't justify why he didn't quarantine with her once the bar closed. Better we should assume he's trudging out to a job site every day with his tools and his hard hat. 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

How unlikeable does Whit have to be in order to feel bad for Chase? Team Chase. Lying, cheating, impregnating Chase is still better than any Whitney. That's saying a lot. Oh, and it seems he had a nice relationship with Babs. She liked him and there was more (friendly) chemistry between them than her beached whale of a daughter and Chase.

When she was sitting on the couch swathed in her blue blanket she said to her friends that if Chase was with her during Covid a baby could have been made. Ummm.... this was before (supposedly) she even knew about the preg girlfriend so all she knew at that point was that Chase said he didn't want a baby. That was very bad fake production. We all know that was bullshit. Man, they are really throwing Chase under, over and all around that bus. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 8

Interesting to hear from Glenn that his company produces labels and information handouts for pharmaceuticals, and so he is an essential worker.

Creepy to watch Whit  stop to kiss the infamous poster of her father in a swimsuit, as she goes to bed with her mother.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Both my son and my dad have been fighting cancer since June and have been through several rounds of chemo, radiation, and surgeries during the pandemic. I actually got COVID during my dad's first surgery and wound up in the same hospital myself. COVID sent me into a mild heart attack, and even though that was 7 months ago I have still not completely recovered. I'm what they're calling a "long hauler."

At LEAST, during all of this, I was with my husband and kids at home (when I wasn't contagious). So I felt for Babs in this episode. Whitney can spare me with her fake relationship, my real sympathy was for her parents.

Also, Whit, Ryan wasn't being an asshole. He was being reasonable. What DOES Chase have in Greensboro...?

@LibertarianSlut I turned 40 during quarantine and COVID has caused me complications that I may never fully recover from. The media focuses on the death rate, but there are a slew of other health issues it can cause, some long term. Whitney isn't just overweight, she's morbidly obese. IMO she probably has health problems that haven't been publicly disclosed. Her worrying about getting COVID is one of the few times that she's been realistic about her health. It SHOULD be a wake up call about her weight. But probably not.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I am sending positive healing energy to you and your family 💗

• Love 11

I really hope Babs and Glenn knew this was a fake relationship. Babs seemed to like Chase and they both saw the issues in the relationship. It doesn’t matter how old your child is. If you see them getting ready to get married and the relationship seems rocky, you will stress. Hopefully they knew it was fake and weren’t stressing about the whole thing.

• Love 5
On 11/30/2020 at 9:36 AM, Persnickety1 said:

😂

Anyone else thinking she's hiding about a 40-pound weight gain under that blue blanket she's swathed in?  

Oh she's trying to alright, but we see you, Whit.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 11/30/2020 at 8:10 PM, SevenCostanza said:

It does seem a little odd for her to be all wrapped up like that.  She's always complaining how hot she is and taking things off not covering up.

And why is she always in a reclining position?  I know the answer, but it's just one of those things I have to ask.  Would it kill her to sit up and put on some clothes? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

Kind of funny when last week the show pointed out that Chase has two undergraduate degrees, which doesn't imply that he's stupid. His job is an executive level position at the construction company, so it's not like he's up on roofs every day. And he's an investor in his night club

Which makes his participation in this farce even more mysterious, imo.

I don't know if anyone has accurate info on the pay scale for this show, but even a couple thousand per episode wouldn't seem adequate compensation for the completely negative publicity now attached to Chase's name and career. And he doesn't seem to be an impulsive person in his work or (actual) romantic life, so the idea that he did it on a whim or as a bro joke with Ryan just doesn't make sense. Again, imo.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

I don't know if anyone has accurate info on the pay scale for this show, but even a couple thousand per episode wouldn't seem adequate compensation for the completely negative publicity now attached to Chase's name and career. And he doesn't seem to be an impulsive person in his work or (actual) romantic life, so the idea that he did it on a whim or as a bro joke with Ryan just doesn't make sense. Again, imo.

It seems like the planned story was going to be Whit eventually breaking up with him because he wouldn't move, which wouldn't be that bad for his reputation (even with TLC's bad guy edit he still comes off more reasonable) plus he could advertise the bar. However when the baby news broke, they had to incorporate that as "cheating" or blow their cover this was all fake. I hope he got paid more for going along with the "cheating" story though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

And she didn't take Babs back to Charlotte with her for her safety. She would have been far safer at home in Greensboro.  Judging by her pissy demeanor in last week's episode, Whit probably had recently found out that Chase "moved on" LOL and the script was going to have to be rewritten, so I think she very selfishly wanted her mommy with her so she could comfort her and care for her.  Let's see, if you were Babs, where would you rather be, at your spacious home with beautiful gardens and plenty of room to walk, where you could sit in the patio with your hubby, barbequing, sleeping in your own comfy bed?  OR sitting in a cramped apartment with a giant blathering braying crying baby?  And I'll bet it was Babs doing the cooking and the housework.    How dare she separate her parents for a period of time like that?   Oh well, this is the daughter they raised so they're stuck with her!!  

I disagree. Glen continued to work and he wasn't wearing a mask. He's lucky he didn't get COVID himself and if he had, he almost certainly would have passed it along to Babs. I think Babs was safer in Charlotte, quarantining - and it looked like they were pretty strict about quarantining at Whit's. Plus, as you say, Babs and Glen are adults. If they didn't want Babs in Charlotte, she could and would have gone home. They chose not to do that, for whatever reason.

And why is she always in a reclining position?  I know the answer, but it's just one of those things I have to ask.  Would it kill her to sit up and put on some clothes? 

I don't think she can sit up straight - her belly gets in the way. 

I like the poodle. I think she is a rescue but I don't know why I think that - except that I think it's an adult dog and I've only ever seen puppies for sale; or occasionally breeders will sell adult dogs they are no longer breeding. 

One thing that bugged me - Whitney kept talking about "putting down roots." There's nothing that says that they have to spend the rest of their lives wherever they live right after they are married. Plenty of people don't. I agree with everyone that says there are stronger arguments in favor of Wilmington but even given that, there is nothing that says they have to stay there forever. Moot point now, of course, but they could have stayed there as long as there were good reasons to be there and moved on if they both found better jobs elsewhere or the club went under/Chase got tired of it and sold his share/etc. I also got sick of "that was the plan." Plans change. Grow up. Figure it out.

• Love 8

I just watched what I could, I had to scan through a lot of Twit talking to the camera.  I don't want to watch Whitney and company going through quarantine day by day.  Listening to her go on about how scared she is and blah blah blah is pissing me off.  So many people have it so much worse  I can't believe we're supposed to feel bad for her.   I lost my job 8 months ago and at the age of 59 it's not exactly easy to find another one, especially with everyone else looking too.  People are losing their homes and she's whining about some make believe relationship.    Also that outift she had on to do that "workout" was hideous.  White leggings with her gross stretch mark covered stomach exposed was not a good look. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

I think he did it as a favor to Ryan. Back when Ryan and Whit first started talking about starting nobsactive she was seen in the company of several of his guy friends which felt like ‘interviews’ for the boyfriend part. My guess is that the nobsactive storyline was contingent on the boyfriend part too. So Chase said he’d do it. Ryan is his close friend and Chase knew Ryan really wanted to start this business. Whether you liked his videos or not, I do think Ryan does want to help overweight people get into better shape. So Whitney seemed like a good way to get business. Chase probably figured it would be ok and he’d have some extra money for things like a real engagement ring for his real girlfriend. He’d get to travel and hang out with Ryan. Like so many before, I doubt either of them realized what an energy suck Whitney is. 

I think that’s also why Ryan and to some extent Chase seems genuinely ticked off at Whitney that they are being treated so poorly. It was an agreement. The relationship was going to end because it was fake. But Whitney is throwing tantrums like she’s actually been wronged and yelling at them etc. Meanwhile I imagine Ryan is sitting there saying ‘what the hell - this was what we agreed to. Why are you so pissed. It was an acting job’. Plus then she bailed on nobsactive which he had put a lot of work into. I think they are both better off. No one is going to benefit long term from being involved with this parasite, but I can imagine right at the moment they are ticked with her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
51 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

I just watched what I could, I had to scan through a lot of Twit talking to the camera.  I don't want to watch Whitney and company going through quarantine day by day.  Listening to her go on about how scared she is and blah blah blah is pissing me off.  So many people have it so much worse  I can't believe we're supposed to feel bad for her.   I lost my job 8 months ago and at the age of 59 it's not exactly easy to find another one, especially with everyone else looking too.  People are losing their homes and she's whining about some make believe relationship.    Also that outift she had on to do that "workout" was hideous.  White leggings with her gross stretch mark covered stomach exposed was not a good look. 

Virtual hugs, @SevenCostanza, because the same thing happened to me.  The small company I had been working at for 4 years couldn't outlast the lockdown in NYC and went under.  I feel very blessed by the goddesses that I was able to find another position with another company that even pays a little bit better and that I enjoy.  I do hope you were able to find something.  ❤️  

Now onto the vile heifer known as Whitney.  

She's such a ride or die friend, isn't she?  Here Heather and Ashley have children they're trying to wrangle while trying to work from home at the same time.  Their worlds really slipped off of their axis and there's Whitney, regaling them with tales of how stressed and scared she is and how Chase wouldn't do her bidding and relocate so now they're apart in quarantine.  Yeah, I doubt Heather or Ashley had even half a fuck to give about her bullshit when they were trying to readjust their entire lives.  Heather looked especially harried during the update they showed a couple of days later.  I felt sorry for both of them, but definitely not for Whitney.  I don't think she has one iota of empathy for anyone (except for maybe her Boo Bear, and I question how genuine that is a lot of the time).  

When the cameras aren't rolling, I'm going to go way out on a limb here and assume what we saw of Whitney in quarantine varies little, if any, from her usual daily routine, lying around in a cocoon, watching TV, blathering on social media, and eating.  She makes a sloth seem positively energetic by comparison. 

I did note she prepared and ate what appeared to be soup and salad with Babs for dinner.  Maybe being afraid to order in a few pizzas might do her some good.  Good thing Hunter dropped off all that toilet paper because her body probably went into shock at actually having something nutritious to digest.  

So next week appears to be "The Episode" I've been waiting for.  I can't wait.  😄 

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Virtual hugs, @SevenCostanza, because the same thing happened to me.  The small company I had been working at for 4 years couldn't outlast the lockdown in NYC and went under.  I feel very blessed by the goddesses that I was able to find another position with another company that even pays a little bit better and that I enjoy.  I do hope you were able to find something.  ❤️  

Thank you Persnickety1 I'm glad you were able to find something better.  I haven't found anything , but my husband and daughter are still working so we're not doing as badly as others are (yet).   I feel for Heather and Ashley too, it's hard being a mom to little kids and do your job at the same time, not to mention trying to home school when it's something you've never done before.  God forbid Twit offer some sympathy to them once in awhile.  I'd also like to say I enjoy hearing Ryan tell her the truth, she needs that more often.

• Love 8

3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I really hope Babs and Glenn knew this was a fake relationship. Babs seemed to like Chase and they both saw the issues in the relationship. It doesn’t matter how old your child is. If you see them getting ready to get married and the relationship seems rocky, you will stress. Hopefully they knew it was fake and weren’t stressing about the whole thing.

I think they must have.  If Glenn thought a man with a job really loved Whit and wanted to take her on, he'd be weeping and hugging his feet, not scolding him for failing to ask permission.  I think Babs' role was to prepare us for the inevitable breakup with her snark about how unprepared they were, and now that Chase is being thrown under the bus she's putting in a little bit of a good word for him.

ETA:  Despite what he says, Glenn can't believe Whit has a thriving career 😄  

Edited by princelina
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Interesting to hear from Glenn that his company produces labels and information handouts for pharmaceuticals, and so he is an essential worker.

Creepy to watch Whit  stop to kiss the infamous poster of her father in a swimsuit, as she goes to bed with her mother.

According to Whitney (from the previous episode) Glen could do his job from home using a computer or even just his phone.  Does she have any idea how her father has been making a living for the past 40 years or so?

• Love 4
14 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Oh my word, what was all of that red stuff all over Twit’s belly in the scene where she is working out in her garage with the white leggings on?  Is it stretch marks or some type of dermatitis?  If I had that, I would not be bopping around in a bare midriff, I would be covering that mess up.  She has already desensitized us to her girth, and the fact that she can’t wipe her bum unassisted, AND her peeing in hot tubs.  Wow, what IS wrong with Chase, not wanting to run to that?  This pandemic was a Godsend for him!

Those look like new stretch marks from rapid weight gain, just like some pregnant women get.  Whether she wants to admit it or not, she has gained a substantial amount of weight this season.  The way she looked in that outfit at the beach when she lost the ring accentuates it.  

Edited by swankie
Added a comment.
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

She has spoken at length about her lack of fertility due to PCOS and her nearly non-existent menstrual cycle. Would it be possible for her to get pregnant? Most likely not without significant medical intervention and even then, the odds are not in her favor of getting pregnant at all (let alone carrying a pregnancy to term). When she was blathering about how her body was telling her that she could get pregnant with Chase, it was not based on anything close to reality - it was more of her delusional thought process. 

Let’s not forget about the most logical reason why Twit would have a hard time getting pregnant - one that everyone is dancing around and not saying - who would hit that?  Yes, there is the weight issue and all the difficult physical logistics that entails, but she also has a personality like a rattle snake.  I don’t know any men who are lining up to get them some of that!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Meowy said:

According to Whitney (from the previous episode) Glen could do his job from home using a computer or even just his phone.  Does she have any idea how her father has been making a living for the past 40 years or so?

I’m sure she thinks it’s nothing. Of course she knows better than her father how he could do his job. What a bitch.  Her distain for other people, their lives, their accomplishments is just offensive.  

• Love 12

Funny how she air quoted "extreme obesity" when she was stating why she is considered high risk for covid.  It just shows how delusional she is about her own size.  I seriously think she sees herself smaller than what she really is.

Edited by swankie
Spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

I still sleep with my mom when we go over and stay with her. It's fun. We lie there and watch movies and snack. But, then again, I don't take up half the bed, so...

Whitney minimalizing Chase's feelings and ambition pissed me off. He could be "more successful" working at a bar in Charlotte? Maybe HIS idea of success is different from hers. Maybe HIS idea is to co-own and manage a bar in a nice seaside town-a place where he can buy a cute little house, raise a child near the beach... 😉 And if she's going to make a list of what her town vs what his town offers, he's the one with the location dependent job. 

I get that having Babs stay with Whitney is safer, but I hated how she kept going on about how she wouldn't "let" her mom go home. Bitch, she's 40 years older than you. You don't "let" her do anything. It irritates me when she talks about her parents, especially her mother, like one of her pets. 

Speaking of pets...

Chase directed more personality and softness towards the poodle than he's ever shown towards Whitney. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Ryan tells Whit like it is. There's nothing going on in Greensboro, what are you going to do there? Ha, ha, Whit did not like hearing that at all. 

Ryan: Chase just wants to be at the beach.

Whit: Yeah, but that’s not what I want.

Pretty much sums up Mt. Whitney’s whole selfish attitude about life, huh?

• Love 11

Well, it seems as if the episode we've ALL been waiting for is coming soon.  Thank you.  Not sure how much more of this fake, phony bulldookey I can take!  I just want to see the shit hit the fan.  Really. Twitney is just a terrible, horrible, sickening, disgusting suck of oxygen. But let me tell y'all how I REALLY feel!

Mamadrama, I'm so sorry you've had to experience all this sickness, simultaneously.  I'm praying for you and your family.

And Hana Chan, sooo sorry your beloved Mom is in the hospital.  I hope she recovers quickly.

Big hugs to everybody!  Stay safe and wear your mask. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Mommygetz said:

Ryan: Chase just wants to be at the beach.

Whit: Yeah, but that’s not what I want.

Pretty much sums up Mt. Whitney’s whole selfish attitude about life, huh?

It’s even worse because right before that she says to Ryan that she’s so jealous of Chase’s photos at the pool. Then Ryan says she could be there too. Suddenly Ryan is an ass for pointing out she could actually have what she just said she’s jealous of. UGH

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Glen continued to work and he wasn't wearing a mask. He's lucky he didn't get COVID himself and if he had, he almost certainly would have passed it along to Babs. I think Babs was safer in Charlotte, quarantining - and it looked like they were pretty strict about quarantining at Whit's. Plus, as you say, Babs and Glen are adults. If they didn't want Babs in Charlotte, she could and would have gone home. They chose not to do that, for whatever reason.

I agree, and I was really stunned that Glen wasn't wearing a mask, especially since his story (about requiring a 14-day quarantine from the employees who had been exposed to people close who had covid) made it seem like he was taking it seriously.

11 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m really hoping the bed sharing just made the ‘conversation before bed’ filming easier and when the cameras stopped they both went to their own bed. She definitely has another bedroom. It seems impossible that townhouse would be a 1 bedroom. 

I'm trying to remember from when Buddy stayed with her for his comedy club stuff, and I think it really is a 1-bedroom and he stayed on the couch.

On 11/29/2020 at 7:28 PM, alabetser said:

TLC can't even come up with a plausible script for this. Why should we, the viewers, side with Whit on this? Given what we were shown about each of them, it makes much more sense for her to move rather than him.

I don't think TLC cares if we side with Whit.  Hate watching is fine for ratings too.

On 12/1/2020 at 7:57 PM, Persnickety1 said:

I'm ridiculously excited about watching this shitstorm when I wrap up work tonight.  

I'm also hoping they hurry up and get to the episode where she finds out Casey/Chase is going to be a daddy.  

How long, oh lord, how long, are we going to have to wait?  

On 12/1/2020 at 10:36 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I don’t think this show has been able to make quarantining look interesting.  I

It isn't.  
I feel for Babs.  And it sounded like Glenn was a lot more careful than Whitney, who was at the bar.
She is just so officious toward Babs especially, but also most others.
I want Babs, in her sweetest, most Southern-belle voice, to say "fuck off, Whitney honey."

On 12/1/2020 at 10:53 PM, princelina said:

Have you seen the "sample video" now that she's partners with Jessica?  She does all of the exercises sitting down 😄 

Well she did he dance class, with her feet on the ground.

Todd, this show needs your snark.  ASAP.

• Love 7

For the first 15 minutes of this episode my 13yo son and I entertained ourselves by following most of Twit's lines with "Because of/with his wife and baby." (Knowing that the baby hadn't yet arrived and that Chase isn't married.) 

Like...

Twit: Unfortunately, Chase can't quarantine with me-

Because of his wife and baby.

Twit: Now he's going against the plan-

Twit: I don't know how he feels about the ring, and now everything just feels weird-

It was amazing how many times that worked.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
On 12/1/2020 at 9:58 PM, Hana Chan said:

And why the hell is she sharing a bed with her Mom? Doesn't she have a guest room? Because that bed is just barely big enough for her fat ass without trying to share it with someone else.

I felt so bad for Babs--you know there's a huge canyon in that bed that Whitney is going to roll into, forcing Babs to the very edge of the bed.  It might be supposed to be endearing that Whitney needs to sleep with her mama during this stressful time, but somehow the fact that Whitney is at least four times bigger than mama makes that seem silly--although did you catch the size of Babs' thighs when they were sitting on the couch together?  The apple has fallen, as they say.

And a whole fucking hour about how Chase didn't follow the plan, and she just doesn't understand why?  God help us all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Whitney minimalizing Chase's feelings and ambition pissed me off. He could be "more successful" working at a bar in Charlotte? Maybe HIS idea of success is different from hers. Maybe HIS idea is to co-own and manage a bar in a nice seaside town-a place where he can buy a cute little house, raise a child near the beach... 😉 And if she's going to make a list of what her town vs what his town offers, he's the one with the location dependent job. 

This is the kind of thing that would be really enraging if we thought for an instant that it was real. She constantly tries to paint that he's got nothing of importance holding Chase in Wilmington when he's set very clear roots. He's got a secure and high paying job, owns a home and is part owner of a local business. His family is just a few hours away by car and he's got a large group of friends. To move to Greensboro or Charlotte would mean totally uprooting his entire life and while he'd be closer to his parents (by maybe an hour), he'd lose everything else. That is a lot to demand of someone in a serious relationship.

And as we've all pointed out, Whitney can do whatever it is she does anywhere. She doesn't have a set job outside of the show (and the NoBS nonsense that never quite seems to launch). Her business partner doesn't see her relocating to WIlmington as a problem for their venture and the one cavate would be that she would be a bit farther away from her parents (but not prohibitively so). Chase wouldn't be all that much closer to his family if he moved to Greensboro and he'd have to give up everything else in his life.

When Ryan tried to point out the advantages of Whitney being the one to move, she started to whine that she didn't want to live near a beach. Since when does she not like beaches, with all the pool photo shoots she likes to do, trips to the shore and her NoBS cruises to the Caribbean? Maybe she's not as secure as she likes to paint herself to constantly be around the fit people that like to live in beach communities.

And of course, we all know about his Chase's real girlfriend and the bun she was incubating at the time. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Mothra said:

I felt so bad for Babs--you know there's a huge canyon in that bed that Whitney is going to roll into, forcing Babs to the very edge of the bed.  It might be supposed to be endearing that Whitney needs to sleep with her mama during this stressful time, but somehow the fact that Whitney is at least four times bigger than mama makes that seem silly--although did you catch the size of Babs' thighs when they were sitting on the couch together?  The apple has fallen, as they say.

And a whole fucking hour about how Chase didn't follow the plan, and she just doesn't understand why?  God help us all.

Indeed I did.  I've never really noticed much physically about Babs, and I thought maybe it was her pants or maybe the camera angle, but she had very sizeable thighs in comparison to the rest of her body.

I remember reading somewhere a while back (or maybe even heard it on the show) that Babs really only ate soup.  Now that I think about it, It might have been the episode where Hunter and Whitney made dinner at Glen and Babs' house and prepared some sort of soup.  I thought only soup was a curious choice, but I think that might be when Whitney or Hunter commented that Babs ate only soup.  

There are a of great soups out there, to be certain, but now I'm somewhat curious as to whether that might be a weight control maneuver.  

Also, Whitney prepared what appeared to be soup and salad for her and Babs on this episode as well.

I think too much about these chucklefucks.  

I'm going to blame the pandemic.  

If the pandemic can be responsible for Chase and Whitney not having a post-COVID baby and all of Whitney's lockdown woes, I can blame it for everything, too.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I bet Chase made enough money from this sham to actually invest in the bar, I think that was his sole motivation. As for Whit, man what a f*ing bossy turd she is.  

5 hours ago, Mothra said:

I felt so bad for Babs--you know there's a huge canyon in that bed that Whitney is going to roll into, forcing Babs to the very edge of the bed.

Poor Bab's - she probably felt like she was sleeping in a taco shell.  I did think the split screen workouts was actually a good idea, one for higher energy from Ryan and one of sloth like maneuvers from Whit. However, I would be too distracted at all the huffing and puffing from her side.  Too bad we know how this all ends, it would be fun to see tons of fun frolicking on the beach

image.png.f405f646010ddce3a1ab8a529c7319b8.png

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 11/30/2020 at 12:36 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Well, one of them did get a baby, it just wasn't Whitney 😂

I laughed all through that preview.

Anyone else thinking she's hiding about a 40-pound weight gain under that blue blanket she's swathed in?  

One of the IG users questioned joining nobsactive because she hasn’t lost any weight.  Whitney answered and I’m paraphrasing that’s not the point of the program but she’s lost 70lbs.  😐 so either she was 400lbs or more because would the recent weight would be her lightest or she didn’t actually say she lost them all at one time.  She still looks she’s a lot bigger than the 326 or whatever the scale said. 

in regards to Babs size I think Whitney mentioned Babs was well over 200 lbs at one point before losing X pounds so she probably carries weight in her thighs when she gains

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

There are a of great soups out there, to be certain, but now I'm somewhat curious as to whether that might be a weight control maneuver.  

Also, Whitney prepared what appeared to be soup and salad for her and Babs on this episode as well.

I noticed that lunch or whatever it was, too, and I thought that maybe Whitney was trying to impress her mother (and us) with how little she eats.  I didn't hear about Babs' soup diet, but it fits.  I may be misremembering, but wasn't Babs some kind of local beauty queen in her younger days?  That kind of soup-only diet indicates a kind of eating disorder that a woman obsessed with her weight/looks might well pass on to her lardass daughter, who is not able to master it.  My mother, a small-time beauty queen, had an equally rigid regimen:  half a grapefruit and one piece of dry toast, no lunch, picked-at dinner.  But Babs must be cheating to maintain those big thighs--I bet Glen requires a normal dinner, and she partakes.  Or maybe it's martinis.

I was thinking that the quarantine might help Whitney lose weight if she is too embarrassed to ask her brother (or whoever shops for her) to bring her the food she wants.  But there's always pizza delivery!

They're overtaking my thoughts, too, to an unhealthy degree, but really there's not much else to do around here but try to figure out how they're going to make Chase the villain when he seems like such a nice guy.

PS  I feel stupid asking this, but am I the only one here who is just now thinking--"oh, so Whitney and Chase never did have sex with each other"?

Edited by Mothra
I am slow on the uptake.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

A couple of thoughts on Babs eating. I did notice her thighs in that couch scene. I do think the pajamas, the angle, and the position she was sitting made it look much worse than it is. I think she carries her weight in her thighs but not that much. I didn’t see it nearly as badly when she was sitting in regular clothes or walking. I didn’t hear the comments about her eating a lot of soup but I wonder if some of that is a side effect of the stroke. As my father-in-law got older and has some health issues it was harder for him to deal with eating solid food. He didn’t have a stroke. He had other issues. But I remember that video a while ago where Glenn was feeding Babs in the background and it was on a spoon. I know she’s improved but I wonder if soup is just an easier food for her to cook and eat. I’m just glad that Babs was able to escape Whitney’s clutches and go back to her home in May. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I noticed that lunch or whatever it was, too, and I thought that maybe Whitney was trying to impress her mother (and us) with how little she eats.  I didn't hear about Babs' soup diet, but it fits.  I may be misremembering, but wasn't Babs some kind of local beauty queen in her younger days?  That kind of soup-only diet indicates a kind of eating disorder that a woman obsessed with her weight/looks might well pass on to her lardass daughter, who is not able to master it.  My mother, a small-time beauty queen, had an equally rigid regimen:  half a grapefruit and one piece of dry toast, no lunch, picked-at dinner.  But Babs must be cheating to maintain those big thighs--I bet Glen requires a normal dinner, and she partakes.  Or maybe it's martinis.

I was thinking that the quarantine might help Whitney lose weight if she is too embarrassed to ask her brother (or whoever shops for her) to bring her the food she wants.  But there's always pizza delivery!

They're overtaking my thoughts, too, to an unhealthy degree, but really there's not much else to do around here but try to figure out how they're going to make Chase the villain when he seems like such a nice guy.

PS  I feel stupid asking this, but am I the only one here who is just now thinking--"oh, so Whitney and Chase never did have sex with each other"?

I believe Babs was a model (probably just local department store) before she married. Models sort of personify disordered eating. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I'm not positive, but I believe the episode where she and Hunter cooked dinner was before she had her stroke, but I've had 2 strokes myself so I could be off on that.  I just found it somewhat odd at the time that a grown person would prefer to only eat soup.  Then I shrugged it off because when I was in my 20s, I went an entire month being addicted to bagel dogs so I have some bizarre eating habits myself (I say this as I'm preparing picadillo for dinner later tonight after making arroz con pollo last night, so at least my taste buds moved past bagel dogs - but I still enjoy one occasionally when I can find them).  

Also, a therapist (or nutritionist, I can't remember their specific degree) at some point in this shitstorm pointed out to Glen that him not eating before dinner, when he was off of work and at home relaxing, was an eating-disordered behavior, rewarding himself for having completed the workday and food was the reward.  That caught my attention because I do the same thing, but I don't consider it eating disordered.  I like to actually take my time eating and enjoy the food I've prepared.  Thus, I might snack on a few cheese and crackers for sustenance during the day, but when I'm done working and can relax, I dive in with gusto.  I figured that was probably Glen's attitude, too.  

I don't think Chase and Whitney ever "consummated" their relationship, either.  Chase is a bright guy, so I'm sure he could bob and weave and avoid her advances like a champ 😂  I hope he grabbed his TLC paycheck and laughed all the way to the bank.  

• Love 4

There was an episode I forget which where Whitney stated Babs only ate canned soup.  I’m guessing when she made food for herself.

I also don’t understand why Hunter and later Buddy had to hand deliver everything when grocery stores deliver?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

There was an episode I forget which where Whitney stated Babs ate ate canned soup.  

I also don’t understand why Hunter and later Buddy had to hand deliver everything when grocery stores deliver?

It’s crazy for them to drive that far. My guess is it wasn’t necessary but maybe it was easier. I delivered grocerIes to my parents for the first 3 months, although they only live a couple of miles away, because grocery deliver got so booked up you could have to wait 2 weeks or more for a delivery time if you could get one at all. Knowing Whitney she probably had more selfish reasons, but it is possible it wasn’t just her being demanding. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Indeed I did.  I've never really noticed much physically about Babs, and I thought maybe it was her pants or maybe the camera angle, but she had very sizeable thighs in comparison to the rest of her body.

I remember reading somewhere a while back (or maybe even heard it on the show) that Babs really only ate soup.  Now that I think about it, It might have been the episode where Hunter and Whitney made dinner at Glen and Babs' house and prepared some sort of soup.  I thought only soup was a curious choice, but I think that might be when Whitney or Hunter commented that Babs ate only soup.  

I'm going to blame the pandemic.  

If the pandemic can be responsible for Chase and Whitney not having a post-COVID baby and all of Whitney's lockdown woes, I can blame it for everything, too.  

2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

There was an episode I forget which where Whitney stated Babs only ate canned soup.  I’m guessing when she made food for herself.

I can corroborate your soup memories!  You're correct, Whitney brought up Babs's love of soup in either Season 1 or 2 in that episode where they were grocery shopping and Whitney ripped her pants.  

I also just found a (low resolution) clip of it on youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kz4gW6Rnsw

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

You know...for as much as the barnacles annoy me - I thought this episode was amazing how it showed how much the virus impacted their lives and how little it really impacted Twit’s. From Heather and Ashley’s juggling work and kids, Jessica’s issue with the gym closings and Tal’s essential personnel work distinction. And then there’s Whitney whining how her fake boyfriend chose a job(s) over vegetating with a blob in Charlotte. Just another example of Twit’s ongoing lack of self awareness. She could have easily worked with Ryan remotely to come up with a NOBS “workout” but she’s a lazy POS. Covid basically gave her excuse to be an even more worthless waste of oxygen. 
I just can’t with this self absorbed heifer. I really wish the uber enablers Glenn and Babs would read her the riot act. But that’s as likely as Twit losing any weight in 2021.

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, JoJoPowerRanger said:

I can corroborate your soup memories!  You're correct, Whitney brought up Babs's love of soup in either Season 1 or 2 in that episode where they were grocery shopping and Whitney ripped her pants.  

I also just found a (low resolution) clip of it on youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kz4gW6Rnsw

Soup can be pretty high in sodium. I wonder what Bab's blood pressure is like.

• Useful 2

I just have to say that I love soup and could easily eat soup every day except in the summer. Although I don’t really eat canned soup. I love to make my own and freeze servings of it so I can have it whenever I want. Hmmm... time to make more soup 🙂

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I just have to say that I love soup and could easily eat soup every day except in the summer. Although I don’t really eat canned soup. I love to make my own and freeze servings of it so I can have it whenever I want. Hmmm... time to make more soup 🙂

I should have said canned soup can be terribly high in sodium. We already know Whitney isn't making any soup from scratch.

• Love 4

Re: Canned Soup.  I wonder if that is what lead to Babs stroke.  High blood pressure from too much sodium? 

Don't ask my why I'm thinking about this, but as other posters have pointed out, the quarantine has affected Whitney and Babs lifestyle the least.  I'm wondering if growing up Whitney saw Babs not working all day and not cooking (canned soup) and possibly not even cleaning (they could have had/have a housekeeper or cleaning service) and thought that this was a perfectly acceptable way to live.  Why should she have to do all those things if her mother did not? Maybe Babs is just as lazy as Whitney, but it is more hidden, or at least socially acceptable,  because Babs is a "traditional southern lady" and not an obese millennial? 

Did anyone else notice the weird competition Whitney constantly has with her mother over absolutely everything? Babs: "I miss my husband" Whitney "I miss Chase MORE" Babs: "I miss Hunter" Whitney "I miss Hunter MORE". I think these are the moments that keep me interested.  The non-scripted stuff that shows just how weird and creepy Whitney really is. 

Do we know for sure that Glen does not wear a mask to work or elsewhere? It just seems so out of character for him.   Maybe he has his own office with a closed door and therefore no reason to wear a mask most of the day. 

Despite Whitney's best efforts to vilify him, Chase really does come across as a nice guy.  Since this is all fake, it would be akin to a lead actress getting angry that her onscreen love interest had a baby with his IRL partner.  I do believe Whitney's vitriol was real and completely baffling for Chase, and it seems, Babs and Ryan, because in everyone else's mind, Chase is nothing more than a paid actor. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I'm trying to remember from when Buddy stayed with her for his comedy club stuff, and I think it really is a 1-bedroom and he stayed on the couch.

I think it's a 2 bedroom townhome and she is using one of the bedrooms as an office. Wasn't she on her computer in another room this last episode? She probably doesn't have a bed in that room if she's using it as an office/computer room/study/whateverthehell it's called.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Soup can be pretty high in sodium. I wonder what Bab's blood pressure is like.

It is so, so easy to make homemade soups and so delicious. You can make a big pot and freeze individual portions. Why she would eat that canned garbage day after day is crazy. 

• Love 2