Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E08: Are You a Rickshaw?/S32.E09: This is Not Payback. This is Karma

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

Especially as smart racing would be to use it against a strong team that could beat you in the finale.

That's the problem in still being in alliance (or whatever form of it there is left) at this stage of the race.  By now you know who are the strong teams are.  Why waste it on a team that is soooo not a threat?  

• Love 19

What was the point of the megaleg when it was predetermined the blonds would be eliminated? Wish Phil had told the 2 teams from the mine 5 who aren't in the true alliance since he seems annoyed about the alliance.

• Love 11

I've had a zillion dental impressions over the last 50 years.  I always knew it was gross, but never witnessed how disgusting that was.

Cockroaches?  I hope you lose.

How about: ("They're tough competitors and come back alot" .)

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

How did this work with the dentures exactly? They were taking imprints from people with teeth, then somehow those were turned into dentures within minutes, and then fitted to entirely different people without teeth?

I am a little confused about the Swiggy idea. The operator is the brain and the actual delivery people are the eyes and legs? How is this more efficient than having delivery people know the area they are delivering in? Is it intended for random people to sign up at a Swiggy kiosk and deliver a couple meals just like the contestants were doing?

The blondes are absolutely terrific people. I have never seen anyone with such great attitude on TAR.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

I was impressed by DeAngelo and Gary's all around abilities in this leg....mental and physical.  Now they know they are on their own....and I hope they finish ahead of the 3 in the Alliance at the end.

Chee/Hung were should have changed tasks much sooner.  They were just not getting the hang of it. at all.  They did the food delivery task fairly quickly

Will  and James - please vanish from my screen.

I was not bothered by D's comment about the Blondes.....people use that expression all the time.  It was used (cockroaches)  years ago to describe Cher....in fact I think she originated it.  I think all of them really respected the blondes for their tenacity.

Edited by sinycalone
  • Love 21

No real reason for Will and James to yield anyone. They are just miserable people.

Oh definitely. And the Beards? Did they have to grind it in and yield them? The Blondes were so stupid to get played by Will & James. They used them to yield Leo & Alana and then got screwed by them. Seriously they shouldn't have listened to them in the first place, they didn't owe Will and James anything. Sure they were a disaster a few times but at least they didn't have a meltdown or act like assholes like Will and James. I want them to lose so badly, karma can't hit them fast enough.

And for Will and James claiming to be fans of TAR they don't have the spirit of what made TAR awesome. And for a supposed TAR fan why do they resort to Survivor tactics of "Alliances" and "Real Alliances" and manipulating racers and backstabbing your alliances?  And at the same time trying to portray themselves as good guys to their alliance. Ugh I hate racers who act like phonies. I also hate when tactics from other shows are brought in to this one. It ruins the fun. Also Will and James are aware that the cameras/editors are filming them being assholes who revel in being assholes. I didn't watch TAR just to see people act like wannabe Russell Hantz from Survivor

Also I noticed the two all-male teams yielded the Blondes the only all-women team. I don't want to see too much into it... Also I don't like how Will and James implied his "Real Alliance" like it was a clique from Mean Girls. Won't the other two teams be surprised to find out that they were never part of their club and just used.

• Love 23

Forgot to mention;  since the most hated, unlikeable people like Flo and Kendra have won in the past, AND  because it’s still 2020, aka ,the year of all thing horrible, i think it’s preordered that Will and James will win this season.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

Forgot to mention;  since the most hated, unlikeable people like Flo and Kendra have won in the past, AND  because it’s still 2020, aka ,the year of all thing horrible, i think it’s preordered that Will and James will win this season.

I sorta agree. I’m already bracing myself for this possibility. Ugh!

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

Why every team in the ridiculous alliance keeps helping Will and James is beyond me.  They are consistently in first or second place, thanks to all the help they get (cheating).  Do the other teams actually want to help them win?

Thank you. I have been saying this to myself all along. Hung and Chee and The Beards are just going to help them to the win. They were complaining about Gary and D'Angelo and it's been Will and Whine that are always receiving the help. And Gary helped Whine at the one with the turbans. 

• Love 24

Will & James:  yeah, I'm so tired of the alliance stuff, and then pretending to be friends with everyone.  But, as much as I hate to say it, I'd be ok if they won.  Bottom line - they're good racers.  They really have deserved, mostly on their own, the wins that they've had.  (Please don't throw things at me!)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, chaifan said:

Will & James:  yeah, I'm so tired of the alliance stuff, and then pretending to be friends with everyone.  But, as much as I hate to say it, I'd be ok if they won.  Bottom line - they're good racers.  They really have deserved, mostly on their own, the wins that they've had.  (Please don't throw things at me!)

Please don’t move and no ducking. LOL!!! I can’t have them win. Yes. I’m not a nice person. I just don’t like them and their Survivor game play in TAR. That’s why I can ever have nice things. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Suzysite said:

I was so hoping the beards would yield stupid Will and James, but no. The blondes again.   So idiotic.

I hate the big alliance.  I guess I'm rooting for Eswar and Aparna because they're the least horrible of those left, but man the big alliance sucked all the fun and suspense out of the season thus far.  Will and James are especially awful.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Why did the producers place two yields in the mega-leg?   What did they think would happen? 

That really screwed the blondes. Especially, back to back. They should have been spread out more since they want them gone by Episode 9. Also, no one else wanted to use them earlier which I don’t think TPTB didn’t think would happen.

• Useful 1

So I only watched the first hour, not sure if I will continue. At this rate I want the footballers to win. And at the beginning of the season, my picks were either the footballers or Hung & Chee-but my appreciation of Hung & Chee started to evaporate with the Sauerkraut episode, and it has not gotten better since...

I’d hate to watch the smaller “alliance” (ugh) go after the footballers so I think I will just check back in at the end of the season to see who wins and avoid the aggravation of watching any of those three pairs win.

• Love 4

Teams aren't trying to create drama, they are trying to win.

Drama was the wrong word....I should have said the use of the yield would have been a cleverer use of a Race tool...rather than an alliance.

Oh, and DeAngelo gave Will some very helpful tips when they were making the cellos.  

Edited by sinycalone
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, shura said:

How did this work with the dentures exactly? They were taking imprints from people with teeth, then somehow those were turned into dentures within minutes, and then fitted to entirely different people without teeth?

I am a little confused about the Swiggy idea. The operator is the brain and the actual delivery people are the eyes and legs? How is this more efficient than having delivery people know the area they are delivering in? Is it intended for random people to sign up at a Swiggy kiosk and deliver a couple meals just like the contestants were doing?

The blondes are absolutely terrific people. I have never seen anyone with such great attitude on TAR.

The dentures were not made on the spot. They made the mold, once it was approved, they were given a pre-made set of dentures to polish.

And as for the food delivery I assume the setup was just for the task and the real delivery people know where they're going.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I'm getting a bit annoyed.

I still think this is a good show. I don't see how loopholes could be closed to prevent future cases of what happened tonight. And maybe that wouldn't have happened if the Blondes were good at racing. Basically, they were the safety net of the other five teams. As long as they were behind, the "Mine Five" (still a better nickname than any alliance from Big Brother) had room to breathe. I didn't see it as bullying. I didn't think that two Racers referring to them as "roaches" was cruel. But Racers swapping answers with each other is against the spirit of the game.

Mega Leg was pretty epic. I still think the finale for TAR8 could have been considered the first Mega Leg, but I'll allow it. We didn't get too many teams getting wrecked by India, but the tasks were interesting. It's just a pity that the Blondes couldn't rally from behind. Also sucks that Will & James are veering into the Ugly Behavior lane. I mean, I'm sure they're nice guys, but they're harder to take every with passing week. On Facebook, someone said that we shouldn't sleep on them. I responded that I couldn't sleep because of the noise of Will & James patting themselves on the back.

I think the hourglass Yields can work, but this wasn't the best season for them. On some level, the constant Yielding of the Blondes was probably the right thing to do. If one of the "Mine Five" teams (#eyeroll) had Yielded the other, that would have been considered "shots fired," even though twenty minutes of waiting couldn't possible make a difference. Also, while watching and posting on a TAR group on Facebook, I figured that a U-Turn could be in the future. With that said? The double Yielding was a punk-ass move. And yet, the Blondes were approaching Andrew/Dan levels of haplessness. Did you see the Swiggy operator facepalm twice trying to guide them over the phone?

Anyone curious how the people for the dental Detour were chosen? And sticking fingers in or near a stranger's mouth is SO 2018. Looking back, there should have been a disclaimer.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, redfish said:

And for Will and James claiming to be fans of TAR they don't have the spirit of what made TAR awesome. And for a supposed TAR fan why do they resort to Survivor tactics of "Alliances" and "Real Alliances" and manipulating racers and backstabbing your alliances?

Also, how can they be such big fans and not know what a rickshaw is? When has this show gone to India and NOT used a rickshaw as a means of transport? I know that's petty, but whatever, lol.

The denture task almost seemed like a callback to another season - one that Margie and Luke were on I think - where they also had to fit dentures to customers. But if I remember correctly, they had to choose from several pairs and try them on different customers until they found a match. That task was disgusting, too.

Fully on board with the blondes getting a second chance on another season.

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Being software engineers does not even help with binary! I like Eswar and Aparna but if the blondes hadn't been so hapless they would be out.

The blondes had a triple whammy tonight. Cab issues and two Yields. I do wonder if only one yield (or none at all) had been used where would they have placed?! They weren’t seen with any other teams so it’s hard to tell. It sounds like they got majorly lost due to the cab driver but I would be curious if they could have over come just that with no yields. I know......we’ll never know. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, shura said:

I think the dentures task was set up like a cooking show. You do the prep step, then you reach down and pull out the already cooked dish from the oven.

I think the Swiggy idea is like Uber for food delivery. Randos sign up and do the delivering, with the added benefit of the recipient being tracked so that food can be delivered wherever they move.

Both of those are guesses.

Idea for a future season: Have the end of the Yield section of the race be a non-elimination. Racers who have survived Yields get their time Yielded back as a bonus in a future leg. In this case the Blondes would receive a 60 minute credit they can activate when needed. Perhaps they activate it and every other team has to stay still for 60 minutes.

Oh yes, and we now have really, really, really, really confirmed that being a software engineer has no applications beyond engineering software.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6