Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: An Unexpected Guest

• Start Topic

After her explosive meltdown at Shannon’s housewarming party, Braunwyn finds herself trying to make amends and move forward. Meanwhile, Elizabeth struggles to process her sister’s issues. Gina deals with the next steps in the case against her ex-husband and struggles balancing that with their co-parenting relationship.

Original air date 2020.11.11

• Useful 1

Gina said in a TH that she’d never keep her kids from their dad - but how does a mother send her children to spend time alone with a violent father? I wonder if he sees them only with another adult present.

• Love 3

I am not here for the real Brown Wind Show, enough already. She’s not likable enough to carry a show, Andy. She sure does understand her “alcoholism” after what, 3 weeks of being sober? She also gets sober better than everyone else. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22

I don’t think brawnwyn’s marriage will last with her sober. It’s the only way Sean knows how to be with and control her. I would hate growing up knowing I was a tool for my mom’s sobriety. They don’t feel like a family to me. They are “supportive” in a detached sort of way. 

• Love 23

The show opens with Emily FaceTiming Gina at Wal-Mart.  How the mighty have fallen.  This is not why I tune in.  

23 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I hope the rest of this season isn't going to feature Braunwynn's husband tagging along with her everywhere. And i have no interest in her son's desire to be a drag queen.

I pretty much have no desire to watch this show at all.

^^^ All of this.  

I have no desire to see Braunwyn’s son dress in drag either.  On the anything-for-attention Braunwyn scale, which is like the Richter Scale, this tops it.  From Braunwny’s own words to Kelly, he “doesn’t know” what this is about.  How about an ounce of discretion, thirsty fame claptrap horror show woman?  I don’t like when Emily would let her toddler sons film without pants in earlier seasons, but allowing a 14 year old to do this on international television takes the cake.  Also, why doesn’t this dried up wench shout it from the rooftops one more time that some or all of her children are alive and with us today because Mama didn’t want to put down the bottle?  She is so gross and offensive, and if she becomes the face of this franchise, I’m done.  I’ve dropped better shows for less.  

I’ve been ride or die for this franchise—I’ve been defending it against RHNYC since 2008–but something is so off this season.  

Kelly keeps mentioning this being her third wedding.  I just rewatched the series over the summer, and nowhere in her narrative did she mention a husband other than Michael.  What gives?  I remember Emily mentioning at the season 13 reunion that she had been married to a guy in the army for a hot second, so I am paying attention, but Kelly never talked about this.  

Kelly has a convenient relationship with the truth.  Anytime the surface is scratched, some really dark shit comes up.  I think she has some really serious problems that she has managed to keep under wraps.  She was banned from Jolie’s school, but somehow she got to skate on that, like she gets to skate on everything.  

Kelly looked like such an aging ho in those wedding dresses.  Her ass looked huge, and she’s not a big woman.  Dressing like she’s 5’10”, an A cup, and 110 lbs doesn’t work for her body.  

I don’t really get Elizabeth’s sense of humor.  I don’t really get Elizabeth.  I can’t help but see a baby-faced, chubby 13 year old boy suntanned from an afternoon of softball when I look at her, and there’s nothing she can do about it, she’s got all the bells and whistles of lashes and teeth and makeup and God knows what else.  She’s like Vicki in that she is not blessed in the looks department.  Holy shit, I kind of miss Vicki.  Not Tamra—Tamra and Vicki are a toxic combination—but I miss a pre-Tamra Vicki.  That is how bad this show is striking me.  

Someone in an earlier thread posted that Vicki was right about Braunwyn, and damn if I can’t co-sign that.  

Gina declining the invite to Braunwyn’s vow renewal—smartest decision made this season.  She’s a better person than I am for going to the AA meeting.  

Shannon mentioning how she always supported Braunwyn, like the time she was passed out on the plane, was so passive-aggressive and shady.  Shannon gets in good zingers.  I remember back when this show was actually good and Shannon did the talking head that, “Kelly Dodd’s Native American name would be ‘Dances With Bullshit’.” Every time I want to quit Shannon, something like this happens.  

Cannot wait to read Shannon’s daughter’s book about being a child of divorce 🙄.  I guess it’s a good thing they’re in the OC, because this is some navel-gazing.  Bad-um, bump, I’ll be here all week, folks.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

More and more..I'm starting to see why the other women aren't speaking to Brownie.  She would be exhausting to be around, her hubby seems creepy, but on a shallow note..her son would look better with the dark hair wig when dressing in drag.

Elizabeth is eccentric, and props to Shannon for trying to be nice about the price tags on all the food.

• Love 6

41 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

And we officially have our first mention of Rona virus 

My mom’s name is Rona so I find all of this especially hilarious. I blame Rona for everything.

Unrelated, I didn’t miss Lizzie. Snore.

8 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Kelly keeps mentioning this being her third wedding.  I just rewatched the series over the summer, and nowhere in her narrative did she mention a husband other than Michael.  What gives?

Don’t quote me on this but I’m pretty sure she married Michael twice.

Edited by esco1822
Double post
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

Brownstone is bringing me down.  I don’t care about her or her cult.  New girl can go away, too.

OT, but, I just opened an email from Tamra’s cbd company offering 50% off on my first order.  How random is that?

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

Still don’t care about Bronte.

Kelly is such an odd duck.  At the wedding shopping, she was giving off that vibe of someone who is afraid they are going to embarrass themself so they just crap on everything.  This dress sucks, that dress sucks, even when Bronte liked them.  But on the other hand, she has no shame and lives to stir shit.  If I cared, I’d try to figure her out.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I didn’t miss Lizzie. Snore.

Exactly.  They always flash back to season nine Lizzie, who called Tamra crap, told Tamra to her face “get it together,” and made Tamra run off barefoot in Bali, but what always gets left out of the narrative is the Lizzie who came back for season 10 as a friend-of, who gave exactly zero energy to the show, so I don’t think they need to bring her back around.  She is far prettier than the rest of these women IMO.  That’s all I can give her.  

One thing I loathe, a big pet peeve of mine, is when women describe their bodies in the negative.  It’s very disempowering, and I’ve noticed it happening a lot more in the last ten years or so.  Why does Emily—who is a lawyer, so she is responsible for having some grasp on the English language—call herself “not a size two” or whatever?  Why doesn’t she just say what her damn size is?  She already showed us her weight.  Instead of saying that she is grateful that Lizzie is making bathing suits for women who are “not a size two,” why not just say, “I’m glad there are some cute swimsuits out there for women like me, size ______”?  (I’m purposely leaving the size blank, because no matter what size I speculate she is, people are going to say she is smaller).  If there’s nothing wrong with Emily’s size, why not say it on a show geared toward women who are interested in fashion and dressing?

I know this is nitpicky, but I would love it if women who were slightly overweight, like Emily, would stop referring to their bodies as bodies “with curves,” as if non-overweight or skinny women just looked like rulers.  It’s a bit of a passive-aggressive put-down.  Why doesn’t she say she’s zaftig?  That would be the most accurate way to describe Emily’s figure from my vantage point.  

Braunwyn doesn’t realize that the truth doesn’t need to be wielded as a sword.  Some things can be better left unsaid.  Oooh, she was drinking on vacation in Miraval; who wasn’t?!  Gina can miss me with her “O face” in reaction to that one.  

Ok, I’m going to say what is sad about Gina’s life—that this is her daughter’s (pre-rona) sixth birthday.  

...Matt and Travis are twins...am I the only one who sees this??  

Matt has also really picked on the pounds since Gina joined the show and his pictures surfaced on the internet.  I can’t believe Matt left Long Island, moved his family across the country to the OC for a job “in northern LA” where he was cheating on his wife...and he wound up with the most basic looking girl who could be found riding the escalator of any of the three malls on the south shore of Long Island.  Sometimes people say someone “did a 360” when they mean that someone “did a 180,” but in this case, Matt actually did a 360.  I find this all hilarious and entertaining.  It is no coincidence the best part of the show has nothing to do with Braunwyn.  

Fuck OFF, Braunwyn.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Sophie's insight into Shannon was interesting. "She needs someone who can support her emotionally and financially . . . and doesn't know if John can do both of those."

I don't think that Shannon's boyfriend has the same financial resources as her ex husband. He also may have to pay support payments to his ex wife.

• Love 6

I love how “kickass lawyer” and party planner Emily also has time to be a clothing/swimsuit designer. A Jill of all trades, that one.

And is Gina really just hearing of oat milk for the first time in 2020?  It’s really not some weird “OC thing.” 🙄

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Kelly has a convenient relationship with the truth.  

Yes.

3 hours ago, Axie said:

I wonder how long it will take before being married to Kelly will start to affect Rick’s career.

I think Kelly is PERFECT for Rick, given his employer. 

Edited by MrsWitter
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Don’t quote me on this but I’m pretty sure she married Michael twice.

Sorry, I know you said not to quote you, but the same thought went through my mind as well, except I couldn’t shake the conversation that Kelly had with Vicki in the mud hut at the day spa when Kelly first joined the show, when Kelly told Vicki that she “tried” to divorce Michael, but it didn’t stick, because Michael refused to cooperate and he was a sociopath, so I did some digging...

Turns out Kelly was married to a lawyer when she was in her twenties, before Michael, according to her, on the Bravo website.  I find this so interesting, because Kelly was adamant that she was self-made and she bought and sold millions of dollars of properties on her own, which was her argument as to why she was superior to Vicki in season 13 and her argument as to why Kelly was a more accomplished person than Gina in season 14. 

It’s not proof-positive, but if one is married to an attorney at the time they buy and sell properties, Occam’s Razor says he was assisting her. So, here she is, caught in another lie about being self made (and, damn, was she high and mighty about it).  

I’m not calling Kelly a psychopath, but there are disorganized psychopaths and organized psychopaths, and Kelly reminds me of a disorganized psychopath.  She just says whatever comes into her mind, and that’s dangerous.  It’s the same as with the cocaine thing—Kelly was so adamant that she had never ever done cocaine at the season 13 reunion, only to bring up the topic on her own in season 14, and say that she had done drugs when she was younger, but not anymore (and she wasn’t talking about pot, because she admitted to pot from the jump).  

Just...tell the truth, or at least don’t lie.  Because there are OCD people like me clocking everything they say and storing it for future use and when the red flags go off, her character for truthfulness—which wasn’t really there to begin with—goes down the tubes.  

• Love 14
6 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Sophie's insight into Shannon was interesting. "She needs someone who can support her emotionally and financially . . . and doesn't know if John can do both of those."

6 hours ago, oakville said:

I don't think that Shannon's boyfriend has the same financial resources as her ex husband. He also may have to pay support payments to his ex wife.

I was shocked that Sophie thinks it’s ok to think a woman needs a man to support her financially! Gobsmacked! Are we *still* not past that view?

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Count me in as not wanting to see these bratty kids get pats on the back for nothing. Don’t care about a book from a kid just starting college about her mommy and daddy. Start your own life.
I also don’t care about Braunys boy wearing dresses. Not sure why we are supposed to applaud that. Not to mention some things should be kept private for the kids sake. Maybe he won’t want that on tv in the future. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Count me in as not wanting to see these bratty kids get pats on the back for nothing. Don’t care about a book from a kid just starting college about her mommy and daddy. Start your own life.
I also don’t care about Braunys boy wearing dresses. Not sure why we are supposed to applaud that. Not to mention some things should be kept private for the kids sake. Maybe he won’t want that on tv in the future. 

This show is getting real weird, and who wants to watch weird?  We should be seeing shopping, trips to nice places, parties where everyone acts normal, etc.  we all have enough shit in our lives right now.  I didn’t even watch last night as I didn’t want to watch drunken Brownstone and her thirsty creepy husband before going to bed and having nightmares.  What is wrong with Bravo?  Shit show.   I’d rather watch Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and all the soapy Christmas movies and the Weather Channel.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

This show is getting real weird, and who wants to watch weird?  We should be seeing shopping, trips to nice places, parties where everyone acts normal, etc.  we all have enough shit in our lives right now.  I didn’t even watch last night as I didn’t want to watch drunken Brownstone and her thirsty creepy husband before going to bed and having nightmares.  What is wrong with Bravo?  Shit show.   I’d rather watch Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and all the soapy Christmas movies and the Weather Channel.

Agree with  all of this. And next week we get to see Kelly and what's his name in bed with him crawling over her talking about making her sweat. Ugh!  This little scene ought to make her daughter feel proud of her mother especially when her friends see it and tease her ablut it. And you know they will. What teenager wants to see their parent in bed either havinig sex or talking about having sex? 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:
9 hours ago, oakville said:

I was shocked that Sophie thinks it’s ok to think a woman needs a man to support her financially! Gobsmacked! Are we *still* not past that view?

We may be but I’m not sure Shannon is. Sophie is probably right, the alimony won’t last forever and I’m not sure how lucrative her frozen meal business actually is so there will be a point where her lifestyle has to change drastically. Unless John has the money to keep her in the lifestyle to which she is accustomed. Keep in mind that her parents were wealthy so she grew up in this and then married David. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I can't remember how the wording went exactly, but I don't think Sophie feels that way, but sees the reality of the situation for her Mom.  She might not have faith in her Mom's ability to support herself in the manner she's accustomed to without some help from someone else.   As much as Shannon bugs me sometimes, I know that it's got to weigh on her with what Sophie is going to write about her.  I hope she doesn't slam her in the book.  Shannon feels bad enough for some of her past behavior.  You sure don't need it written in stone and shoved in your face.  Shannon is very sensitive in this regard and Sophie could end up hurting her even more.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Good god the new housewife talks about her money a lot ... we get it you’re loaded 

Really. So far the only interesting thing about E is the situation with her sister.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

I hate snooty Shannon! 

I thought she redeemed herself a little bit by playing along with the "test driving" the teeny tiny car.  I didn't think there was any way she was going to crawl into that car.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I actually liked this episode.  I admired the Braunwyn/son/family dynamic for the first time.  I liked Gina.  I liked hearing Sophie's insight into her mom, Shannon. 

Can I ask?  Since all I read here is how awful the show is, what is it about the first season (that everyone always raves about, or even subsequent seasons) that was so amazing that it makes the current season(s) pale so much in comparison?

• Love 3

So, after watching the show half assed, I think I’ve had it.  I could barely watch Brownstone as she always looks so wound up and stressed.  When she came on, I actually wished it was Vikie, or even Tamra, and that’s bad.  Then the new girl looks like a truck driver.  Was she poor that married and divorced rich?  She doesn’t fit in at all.  She put out enough lunch stuff for twenty people and only two came.  WTF?  Then Kelly and Browmstone in the bridal place trying on gowns made for strippers that showed all boobs.  Nice for a bride.  The best part of the night was Gina cooking pasta for her ex and his young girlfriend at her daughters birthday.  Is she crazy?  The girlfriend was about twelve yrs old with boobs out for display in front of the kiddies.  They all kissed hello like this was normal.  No wonder Gina is eating herself to death.  I just can’t anymore.  This whole shebang is insulting to viewers.  If they are going for abnormal, this is it.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I totally agree with you.  I stopped watching this show halfway through last season.  I thought I'd give it another try because Tamara was gone.  My hopes were too high.  Can't stand Brawny and her weird husband.  This show is not a fun escape from today's reality.  I was watching RHONY season one this morning.  Now that was fun.  One episode had Ramona astonished at the girls' dinner party that Alex brought Simon to, Jill and Bethany apartment hunting and at the racetrack,  Luann saying not to introduce her as Luann to the driver,  and Ramona leaving Jill's dinner party early to meet other girlfriends.  I was thinking as I was watching, what the hell happened to this kind of fun watching?  

• Love 6