Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: An Unexpected Guest

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

She may not have as much as the others financially, but she is doing the most with what she has.

Her running commentary about Shannon & Elizabeth's "look at what I have" conversation was pure gold!  It seems like Elizabeth doesn't have much of a story right now, so watching her go clothes and car shopping might be all we get, but I like her. I want to see some glamour on this show!  Unless I win the lottery, I won't be walking into a luxury car dealership anytime soon, so seeing what that kind of lifestyle is like is fine with me.  I'd rather see that than a drunk and naked Tamra any day of the week.  

Looking up her info, it appears that she's a successful entrepreneur (I'm sure marrying into money helped with that, but she had to do the work), so I'm enjoying hearing her story.  She seems like a nice lady. It's sad about her sister though.  You can throw all the money in the world at a problem, but if the person with the problem doesn't want help then there's not much you can do other than to let them know you love them.  

Info:   https://heavy.com/entertainment/real-housewives/elizabeth-lyn-vargas-rhoc-net-worth/

• Love 10

What a snooze fest.

Can someone explain to me how Gina is on this show? How was she picked. She's not a celeb, rich wife or ex wife, notorious etc. Isn't southern California full of rich women, surely they can mine this source better, why am i being subjected to this tedious crap? 

While I have no interest in kids lives, it was nice to see them portray brownwind and her husband being so supportive. Too often on these shows portray LGBT+ people as the bitchy makeup artist, sassy friend of one of the housewives and it was nice to see both parents, particularly his dad, showing support and love. 

Every time Kelly is on, you can just sense how selfish she is. She doesn't acknowledge staff in shops, look people in the eye and she only half listens to sob stories. She is only in it "for me"- anything that benefits her, or that she will enjoy. Super self centred.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I think it's in most of the news media.  Look no farther than Matt Lauer.  😉   It's pretty much in most workplaces these days too.  I feel bad for Gina in that she uprooted her family and moved across the country, just to have her husband end up being a turd.  I didn't realize that he might be going to jail.  Yikes!  He sure made a mess of things. 

The entertainment media is really problematic 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, lasu said:

Honestly, I don't mean to be harsh, but I think we will all be better off when we don't see parents as disgusting assholes for letting their kids step out of traditional gender roles or try to force them to conform or be someone they aren't.  He wore a dress and make up on TV!  That's it!  And he looked great, lol.  I'm no Brauny fan, but IMO, if Jacob gets bullied then that means OTHER people's parents failed, not his.  (Not that they aren't failing spectacularly in a myriad of other ways, just not this one.)

Well, sorry I am not as “woke” as you are and I don’t  disagree that it is a good thing as parents to support. But I do not agree it’s the best thing for them to broadcast their 14 year old kids drag dressing on national tv. My opinion only. Kids are horrible...to be sure. I don’t have any, but I remember being 14 and life wasn’t easy for me as a chub chub (thanks horrible Hamlin offspring-supposedly woke LA kids!) 

• Love 10

Surprisingly my daughter and I now watch for the two things that make us laugh hysterically...

1.  Seeing which hats Gina will be wearing each week.  Will she be Skater Boy? Carmen Sandiego?  Tom Sawyer? Or who?

2.  Any time Rick Leventhal is on screen. We rewound three times to watch him on the ferris wheel sitting between Kelly and Jolie. He looked so awkward.  So funny to us anyway.

Gina is my daughter's favorite and I have to admit there is something endearing about her.  Gina seemed so naive and true blue, then her whole world came crashing down. I'm rooting for her too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Her running commentary about Shannon & Elizabeth's "look at what I have" conversation was pure gold!  It seems like Elizabeth doesn't have much of a story right now, so watching her go clothes and car shopping might be all we get, but I like her. I want to see some glamour on this show!  Unless I win the lottery, I won't be walking into a luxury car dealership anytime soon, so seeing what that kind of lifestyle is like is fine with me.  I'd rather see that than a drunk and naked Tamra any day of the week.  

Looking up her info, it appears that she's a successful entrepreneur (I'm sure marrying into money helped with that, but she had to do the work), so I'm enjoying hearing her story.  She seems like a nice lady. It's sad about her sister though.  You can throw all the money in the world at a problem, but if the person with the problem doesn't want help then there's not much you can do other than to let them know you love them.  

Info:   https://heavy.com/entertainment/real-housewives/elizabeth-lyn-vargas-rhoc-net-worth/

Oh I so agree about Shannon and Elizabeth's back and forth about things they own or have owned...and Gina was spot on with her hilarious commentary on it. Shannon is quite the snob...no class at all. When she remarked that her mother owned a Ferrari it was really so very passive/aggressive. She wants everyone to think she's this classy lady from a well to do family but it's obvious that she's not. Her family may have had some money and put her into the debutante balls and such but she's not old blue blood money. I don't understand why she doesn't own a home and just rents...at least Elizabeth has the good sense to own a home and get some equity out of it. 

• Love 16
On 11/12/2020 at 6:16 PM, nexxie said:

Maybe John can dig it out like David had to dig out that piece of plastic from her enema kit. 

OMG, I don’t know how she let him do that.  My friend (swear) went to the gyno twice to get her tampon out.  No way would she even tell her husband it was there.  David probably really turned off at that point.  I don’t think Shannon liked sex anyhow.  I remember her having to drink half a bottle of vodka before going to bed with David when they went away for a weekend to kindle the relationship.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

The entertainment media is really problematic 

Gina moved toCalifornia for his job I guess.  When they divorced, she could have moved back to Long Island with his permission of course.  Guess she stayed because of her Bravo job?  She doesn’t seem to fit in.

• Love 4
On 11/11/2020 at 11:23 PM, chenoa333 said:

I wonder how long it'll take before Kelly gets bored with Rick.

When he retires.  

I think Rick is a silver fox with a nice body.  But I'm sure that one of the reasons for her infatuation is his Fox News reporter status.  I think she likes that clout.  LIke a Juliana Hough thing -- she was way in love with her husband when he had a professional hockey career.  Once he wasn't, then there were problems being leaked about the state of their marriage.  I'd imagine when Rick is not bi-coastal reporter, Kelly will be less enamored.

I think Rick gets off on her volatility.  As long as the sex is good he'll stick around.   And the sex is probably better for him b/c he gets a rush off her unpredictability.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, SoCal4Us said:

Surprisingly my daughter and I now watch for the two things that make us laugh hysterically...

1.  Seeing which hats Gina will be wearing each week.  Will she be Skater Boy? Carmen Sandiego?  Tom Sawyer? Or who?

2.  Any time Rick Leventhal is on screen. We rewound three times to watch him on the ferris wheel sitting between Kelly and Jolie. He looked so awkward.  So funny to us anyway.

Gina is my daughter's favorite and I have to admit there is something endearing about her.  Gina seemed so naive and true blue, then her whole world came crashing down. I'm rooting for her too.

Me too.  I couldn't stand her first season.  But I think she's a genuinely nice person, self-deprecating, and has a good sense of humor.  I'm one of these people that doesn't need fabulous wealth to enjoy the show.  Most of the times, the wealth was a house of cards.  It would not surprise me if Elizabeth's wealth turns out to be a house of cards too.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

I think Rick is a silver fox with a nice body.  But I'm sure that one of the reasons for her infatuation is his Fox News reporter status.  I think she likes that clout. 

They do seem like an odd match, but I don't think Kelly likes being alone.  I'm not surprised she latched on to somebody so quickly.  Wasn't she so in love with the doctor?  Then she quickly hooks up with Rick and she's really in love!   She just needs a body to bang and some money to spend!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Next weeks promo with shirtless Rick and Kelly in bed cracked me up.  What is this ... a soap opera?  She must be a real doozy in bed.  She better give Shannon some pointers.  Speaking of, there are a lot of things about Shannon that probably turned David off.   She was very rigid with a lot of things.  Kelly is a free spirit, playful, and lets it all hang out.  Shannon is stiff.  I think anyhow.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 7
On 11/12/2020 at 3:52 AM, MrsWitter said:

I seem to be in the minority here, but I actually enjoyed watching Braunwyn and Sean with their son. I appreciate how incredibly supportive they are (and it didn’t, to me, seem put on). That said, even though I enjoyed watching it, it did make me worry for Jacob. He’s just so young and struggles with mental health. Fourteen is a hard age, which can be made even harder when your mother is on a reality show. Especially when said mother admits she had most of her kids to deal with her alcoholism. I hope his appearance on the show ends up being a positive moment in his journey and he’s able to avoid some of the cruelties that come with exposure at such a young age.

I agree that their support is sweet, but I do think Braunwyn and Sean take their support of their kids way overboard, and that it becomes more about them as parents than it is about what's good for the kids - I'm thinking here of the fact that they literally financed Rowan's fashion show last year and then lavished her with all this praise about what she had "accomplished." That seemed so unhealthy to me. How is Rowan going to learn the value of hard work and paying her dues if she has this unrealistic expectation that she is going to be rewarded with her dreams being handed to her simply because she managed to overcome some of her emotional issues? It seemed like a recipe for creating an entitled adult. It felt like a similar vibe with Jacob - like, yes, be supportive, but to hire a stylist and to wheel out the racks of designer clothes and to blast it all over international TV? It just felt like "too much." Braunwyn and Sean always feel like they have something to prove. Let your kids be kids.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I agree that their support is sweet, but I do think Braunwyn and Sean take their support of their kids way overboard, and that it becomes more about them as parents than it is about what's good for the kids - I'm thinking here of the fact that they literally financed Rowan's fashion show last year and then lavished her with all this praise about what she had "accomplished." That seemed so unhealthy to me. How is Rowan going to learn the value of hard work and paying her dues if she has this unrealistic expectation that she is going to be rewarded with her dreams being handed to her simply because she managed to overcome some of her emotional issues? It seemed like a recipe for creating an entitled adult. It felt like a similar vibe with Jacob - like, yes, be supportive, but to hire a stylist and to wheel out the racks of designer clothes and to blast it all over international TV? It just felt like "too much." Braunwyn and Sean always feel like they have something to prove. Let your kids be kids.

I completely agree. There was a way for Braunwyn and Sean to be supportive without going OTT. They, of course, went OTT. Braunwyn’s insistence that they “couldn’t find these things in Orange County” (paraphrase) seemed particularly absurd. While it was sweet that they hired a stylist to help Jacob, they didn’t need clothes and a stylist from LA. I know the OC is conservative, but that doesn’t mean there are no women’s clothes in boutiques nearby that would fit a 14-year-old boy. Also, internet stores do deliver to the OC. It sorta felt like that was added in so Braunwyn could once again establish how she’s not like other moms in the OC. She’s a cool mom!

I agree Braunwyn thinks she has something to prove- she’s recently acknowledged she’s an alcoholic who hired two nannies because she couldn’t take care of her own kids. So some of this is surely trying to prove to the audience (and likely to herself) that she’s not a bad mom. That said, I still appreciate her support of Jacob even if it’s overkill. And I imagine part of the coddling of Rowan is because of her eating disorder and OCD. Braunwyn seems to not know how to be measured in her support of her kids. As an armchair psychiatrist, I’d guess her abandonment issues with her Mom probably play heavily into this screwed-up dynamic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 11/13/2020 at 2:07 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Sorry, I don't find Rick Levanthal sexy or attractive at all...and I don't know how Fox News division will feel about all these bedroom scenes and Kelly's candid revelations about their sex life will go over. Seems to be something that might make Fox News nervous with all the former and disgraced Fox News hosts and newspeople who were charged and fired for sexual harassment and assault. 

At least Rick and Kelly’s relationship is consensual, which sets Rick WAY apart from other Fox employees.  Rick having a public consensual relationship with a woman who is of age (even if it is Kelly Dodd) is downright tame for Fox’s “talent.” 

Kelly does, however, give me strong Kimberly Guilfoyle vibes and I have no doubt that she engages in sexually explicit conversations without consent. She probably also shows people pictures of Rick’s dick. Thankfully, she doesn’t seem to have many people in her employ.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lizzing said:

LOL, the best thing about Kelly & Rick's relationship is Rick's daughter's social media.

Do you have a link, or could you give me her name and which social media platform she's posting on?  Thanks!  

• Love 5
On 11/12/2020 at 2:38 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

I was shocked that Sophie thinks it’s ok to think a woman needs a man to support her financially! Gobsmacked! Are we *still* not past that view?

Well, I believe Sophie knows her mother very well, and she has been along for the entire ride so far of Shannon's journey investing every penny she's worth to shill marginal low calorie meals and lemon-based dietary supplements, so maybe she's on to something there with knowing the new boyfriend will have to be psychologist in chief as well as financial supporter.  Not to even mention she's pissing away thousands every month renting that huge, expensive house.  I mean, how much longer will it be before Shannon has run through everything she has and is completely broke?

• Love 7
On 11/13/2020 at 7:03 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

This statement bothers me. How about the other way around? Daddy beat up Mommy- who was also a constant presence in their lives while Daddy fucked around in LA during the week, pretending to “work”, instead of choosing to be with his family.

Guess what, Matt? You’re a fucking pig who set a shit example for your children. You chose your penis over your family and beat up your wife. Your kids will never understand and will never forgive you. They are just little kids who want and need stability and safety in their lives and you are the reason your lives have been turned upside down.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Love 7
On 11/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, BrownBear2012 said:

Question...I never really read about the assault on Gina by Matt...was it a full blown beat down with injuries or did he just push her around? Both are bad but I was just wondering the full extent of the attack was. All I heard was that barged into her house and attacked her...he looks like a jerk...already has another young girlfriend. He'll probably cheat on her too.

Matt would probably not have been arrested but for Gina's visible facial injuries and other bruises at the time police responded to the DV call.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 11/13/2020 at 2:57 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Is he in anger management classes? He just looks like a jerk to me and a guy that needs to be in control of every situation. She's better than me...I would not see him or have anything to do with him if he had done all these things to me .I would do all child visitation via an attorney and maybe just texts. He's an asshat.

During last week's episode, in the scene where Gina is talking to her attorney, she said Matt has been going to anger management classes and that she believed it has made a big difference in him.  People make mistakes, and I understand the DV incident was just that -- one incident, not a pattern.  So I can understand why Gina wants to make nice and keep things civil so her children can enjoy the company of both parents whenever possible.  Also, it was big of Gina to invite his girlfriend.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

When he retires.  

I think Rick is a silver fox with a nice body.  But I'm sure that one of the reasons for her infatuation is his Fox News reporter status.  I think she likes that clout.  LIke a Juliana Hough thing -- she was way in love with her husband when he had a professional hockey career.  Once he wasn't, then there were problems being leaked about the state of their marriage.  I'd imagine when Rick is not bi-coastal reporter, Kelly will be less enamored.

I think Rick gets off on her volatility.  As long as the sex is good he'll stick around.   And the sex is probably better for him b/c he gets a rush off her unpredictability.

Well - that, and she's a decade and a half younger than he is.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

14 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

At least Rick and Kelly’s relationship is consensual, which sets Rick WAY apart from other Fox employees.  Rick having a public consensual relationship with a woman who is of age (even if it is Kelly Dodd) is downright tame for Fox’s “talent.” 

Kelly does, however, give me strong Kimberly Guilfoyle vibes and I have no doubt that she engages in sexually explicit conversations without consent. She probably also shows people pictures of Rick’s dick. Thankfully, she doesn’t seem to have many people in her employ.

Still...it just doesn't jibe with being a serious news anchor. There are some lines that shouldn't be crossed when you're a news man/woman and seeing someone like Rick fooling around in bed with Kelly Dodd is just an ewww thing. All those years I watched Walter Cronkite, David Brinkley, etc...I never could have taken them seriously again if they turned up on a reality TV show rolling around in bed with some loudmouth bimbo like Kelly.

2 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Another example...Kristen Cavallari and Jay Cutler. When he retired, so did their marriage. Kristen seemed bored and disinterested in him and he's always been a prickly kind of guy with a reputation of being a sourpuss.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

During last week's episode, in the scene where Gina is talking to her attorney, she said Matt has been going to anger management classes and that she believed it has made a big difference in him.  People make mistakes, and I understand the DV incident was just that -- one incident, not a pattern.  So I can understand why Gina wants to make nice and keep things civil so her children can enjoy the company of both parents whenever possible.  Also, it was big of Gina to invite his girlfriend.  

Color me surprised that Gina of all people is the only one besides Braunwyn who seems to have an actual storyline this season. I generally don't like Gina (at all), and think she's a terrible fit for the show, but I do find her navigating the situation with Matt to actually be interesting - and I'm genuinely surprised by her level of compassion toward Braunwyn.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Still...it just doesn't jibe with being a serious news anchor. There are some lines that shouldn't be crossed when you're a news man/woman and seeing someone like Rick fooling around in bed with Kelly Dodd is just an ewww thing.

Serious news anchors like sex too! 😉  I have a feeling that most people are unaware of who Kelly Dodd is.  Most people I know don't usually pay much attention to the entertainment industry, and nobody I know is aware of the Housewives franchise.   For the ones who saw the news blurb about them, well, they probably thought "there goes another older man/younger woman" and didn't really think a thing about it.   Being a contributing journalist/reporter, I don't think Rick is as well known as some the main news people. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Serious news anchors like sex too! 😉  I have a feeling that most people are unaware of who Kelly Dodd is.  Most people I know don't usually pay much attention to the entertainment industry, and nobody I know is aware of the Housewives franchise.   For the ones who saw the news blurb about them, well, they probably thought "there goes another older man/younger woman" and didn't really think a thing about it.   Being a contributing journalist/reporter, I don't think Rick is as well known as some the main news people. 

There is no scandal behind it, they are two consenting adults who are married. Distasteful yes, as is most of what Kelly does. But I agree, outside of the RH world, people who have no idea who Kelly is. Rick is a reporter. He doesn’t sit behind an anchor desk where you see him everyday. 

Jeffrey Toobin has only been suspended from CNN, not yet fired, even though he was holding all the evidence that was needed in his hand during that Zoom call.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Still...it just doesn't jibe with being a serious news anchor. There are some lines that shouldn't be crossed when you're a news man/woman and seeing someone like Rick fooling around in bed with Kelly Dodd is just an ewww thing. All those years I watched Walter Cronkite, David Brinkley, etc...I never could have taken them seriously again if they turned up on a reality TV show rolling around in bed with some loudmouth bimbo like Kelly.

But it does jibe with the network that employs Rick. I’m not saying that as a good thing. I’m saying Fox crossed all those lines years ago and it’s a network that many don’t take seriously already (at least in terms of their news reporting- I take their influence on society seriously). As a former journalist and a scholar in the field of Media Studies, I don’t like what I see on Rick’s network, but him rolling around in bed with Kelly is the least of my concerns. I just don’t see them having a “serious news” reputation to begin with, which is why Rick cavorting with Kelly on Housewives likely isn’t some big deal in terms of his reputation or employment.

4 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Jeffrey Toobin has only been suspended from CNN, not yet fired, even though he was holding all the evidence that was needed in his hand during that Zoom call.

At least The New Yorker has fired him. As more details have been exposed (pun not intended), I sure hope CNN does too. But, yes: Rick didn’t subject unwilling parties during a work meeting to his sexual activities (that we know of) with Kelly Dodd. We, and his coworkers, can choose whether to watch him on RHOC or not. Toobin’s coworkers at The New Yorker weren’t given that choice.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

But it does jibe with the network that employs Rick.

Honestly, I quit worrying about who was banging who a long time ago.  I don't look to anybody in the public eye to be some kind of moral compass.    I've seen some of Rick's reporting, and he does a good job of delivering the news - no personal opinions, so that's really all I'm interested in.   If he wasn't cheating on someone else, and ditto with Kelly, then all of the other noise about who he works for makes no difference to me.   🙂

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I wasn't insinuating that news people don't like sex...I just would prefer to have them deliver the news and not see them  on a TV show in bed with their latest paramour. I don't know where you live but I know in NYC the local news people and national anchors that broadcast out of NYC know who the RHONY are and probably attend some of the same charity events and social gatherings in the Hamptons. In fact, it was Ramona Singer that introduced Kelly to Rick when she was in Manhattan last year.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Serious news anchors like sex too! 😉  I have a feeling that most people are unaware of who Kelly Dodd is.  Most people I know don't usually pay much attention to the entertainment industry, and nobody I know is aware of the Housewives franchise.   For the ones who saw the news blurb about them, well, they probably thought "there goes another older man/younger woman" and didn't really think a thing about it.   Being a contributing journalist  /reporter, I don't think Rick is as well known as some the main news people. 

It's funny bc I would never look at Rick and Kelly and think this was an older man/younger woman sitch. Kelly does not look much younger than him IMO! 

And yes, he's definitely not well known.  I didn't know who he was until Kelly Dodd!

I truly think he just gets off on her volatility and finds her unpredictability exciting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 11/12/2020 at 7:22 AM, JD5166 said:

There is being supportive, and there’s is blasting it all over TV for all to see! I am sure he was fine with it but he’s 14!!! She’ll do anything for attention good or bad, you and I want to protect him from the cruel world, these two want everyone to see what awesome cool parents they are no matter the cost. They are disgusting, selfish assholes. 

I totally agree.  If my son wanted to wear girls clothes I would open my closet but I would not blast it on television.  It is not being ashamed it is that if in 5 years he no longer wants to than this could upset HIM.  In fact I do not think ANY child should be on reality television until 18 when they legally can make the decision.

Brownend seems to be desperate to stay on the show.

• Love 12
On 11/13/2020 at 2:01 PM, lasu said:

Honestly, I don't mean to be harsh, but I think we will all be better off when we don't see parents as disgusting assholes for letting their kids step out of traditional gender roles or try to force them to conform or be someone they aren't.  He wore a dress and make up on TV!  That's it!  And he looked great, lol.  I'm no Brauny fan, but IMO, if Jacob gets bullied then that means OTHER people's parents failed, not his.  (Not that they aren't failing spectacularly in a myriad of other ways, just not this one.)

I do not have any negative about the child's choice.  I just really feel it was staged to make HER look better.  Thats my issue.  And he rocks heels better than me so there!  

• Love 10

I think it's great that Brownstain and Sean are supportive of their son's choice.  Life would be easier for so many if parents supported their children when they went outside of proscribed societal norms.  Maybe Jacob will continue exploring drag, maybe it will guide him down other paths.  Regardless, support is great.   But I do think Brownie's focus is always on Brownie - look at me and how great I am in supporting my child this one time!  Of course, by her own admission she has spent much of her children's lives drunk.  She has been an inattentive parent, and there is no sign that Sean has been any better (perhaps his immunity idol necklace protects him and them when they are near him/it?).  So, yay for them for this one thing.  It doesn't excuse the rest.  

Also, as many have said, did she need to make it another show of wealth? We can have someone come in to do hair and makeup rather than sitting with him and giving him pointers.  We can bring in racks of dresses for him to try.  If he wants to explore this, he deserves to look nice and to be able to do the best at meeting the vision he's trying to achieve.  That can be done without making it a garish display of his family's supposed wealth. Brownwind and Sean need to learn to make things about their kids rather than about themselves. 

• Love 10

I just got through last week's show,  because I am bored I can only take about 15 minutes at a time. Sorry, but I detest Brownwind snd her gay husband and I felt that whole "aren't we supportive of our son" was for their benefit, not his. I do not care if she us an alcoholic or not, but it is, apparently, the story line we have to hear about. It was nice to see Shannon happy for an episode or two, but her and new girl playing one up games reminded me how rigid, snobbish and difficult she can be. I gave new girl a little more slack since she is new and might be trying a bit too hard. She seems decent enough, but it's early. Shockingly, Gina is not annoying me much this season. She still doesn't fit, but maybe that gives her a more honest view of these bitches. Kelly is still tge worst human currently on any of the shows I still watch, except Brandi, but she us not an actual Howive anymore so, for know, Kelly is it. I am totally missing anything good looking or sexy about her new guy. In fact, I find him downright ugly. Emily could not be anymore boring. This show needs a huge shake up or it's dead.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 5

Elizabeth reminds me of Jody Foster in “Candleshoe” crossed with Dana “25k sunglasses” on BH. But she seems like a nice person. She is the SoCal equivalent of a Beverly Hillbilly. I wish she’d stop trying so hard with the money talk. I’ll give it a mild break because she has to stand out somehow, and now that I think about it, it’s no worse than the embarrassing try-hard spending that was the hallmark of the earlier seasons (broke-ass Husband Curtin buying the daughter a BMW, Peggy Tanous driving parking her Bentley in the driveway of her cookie-cutter tract home, etc.)

In her heart Shannon is a very competitive, snobby bitch. I think she took Elizabeth’s off-camera declaration that she (Liz) was now the “richest bitch in Newport” the first time she met Shannon as a challenge and a huge threat.  I’m willing to give Liz a shot as she may be an excellent long term challenger to that side of Shannon Storms Bedour. 

• Love 6
On 11/15/2020 at 12:35 PM, Anne Thrax said:

I can’t figure it out if Gina is smart or stupid.  I know forgiveness is better for her, but geeze, I don’t get her letting the flame of the week girlfriend into her house and letting her join them for dinner.  That’s a little too much.  I’d be choking on my food.  Gina is a saint, too soft and too forgiving.  She’s probably still very hurt, and this guy is getting away with murder, practically.

• Love 3

I’m watching for the second time.  Bored.  I can’t take Brownstone anymore, and her creepy husband.  She is always so jumpy, sweating, ringing her hands, etc.  A total wreck.  Who wants to see a woman cracking up or soon to have a heart attack?  She’s painful and annoying to watch.  Plus her Svengali husband has her wrapped around his finger.  Why is he her spokesperson all the time?  Get out of women’s business you little dictator worm.  Better yet, both get off the show.  Who wants to see a train wreck?  They are both disgusting and weird IMO.   Oh, and a vow renewal coming up.  How about a mental facility instead.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

I can’t figure it out if Gina is smart or stupid.  I know forgiveness is better for her, but geeze, I don’t get her letting the flame of the week girlfriend into her house and letting her join them for dinner.  That’s a little too much.  I’d be choking on my food.  Gina is a saint, too soft and too forgiving.  She’s probably still very hurt, and this guy is getting away with murder, practically.

I get Gina being good with Matt's girlfriend because the girlfriend is good with Gina's kids.  Gina even thinks the girlfriend is good for Matt, so there's that too but I think mostly it's about her kids.  I think the better divorced parents can co-parent the better for the kids.   Also - it wouldn't do Gina any good to be a bitch to the new girlfriend since the kids are spending time with them.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I get Gina being good with Matt's girlfriend because the girlfriend is good with Gina's kids.  Gina even thinks the girlfriend is good for Matt, so there's that too but I think mostly it's about her kids.  I think the better divorced parents can co-parent the better for the kids.   Also - it wouldn't do Gina any good to be a bitch to the new girlfriend since the kids are spending time with them.  

You’re right .. I get it, but I think Gina is a little bit much.  Dinner together already?  She went thru a lot with Matt.  He’s getting off easy.

• Love 1
On 11/16/2020 at 8:23 AM, Boo Boo said:

It's funny bc I would never look at Rick and Kelly and think this was an older man/younger woman sitch. Kelly does not look much younger than him IMO! 

And yes, he's definitely not well known.  I didn't know who he was until Kelly Dodd!

I truly think he just gets off on her volatility and finds her unpredictability exciting.

Some people watch CNN, some watch Fox News.  He’s been a Fox News contributor a very long time, even filling in for the big newscasters on t.v.   They met at the Hamptons a couple of years ago, and Kelly met some very important people in politics and loved that scene.  She probably feels important.

• Love 4
On 11/15/2020 at 8:50 PM, MrsWitter said:

But it does jibe with the network that employs Rick. I’m not saying that as a good thing. I’m saying Fox crossed all those lines years ago and it’s a network that many don’t take seriously already (at least in terms of their news reporting- I take their influence on society seriously). As a former journalist and a scholar in the field of Media Studies, I don’t like what I see on Rick’s network, but him rolling around in bed with Kelly is the least of my concerns. I just don’t see them having a “serious news” reputation to begin with, which is why Rick cavorting with Kelly on Housewives likely isn’t some big deal in terms of his reputation or employment.

You may not take them seriously, but Fox News is taken very seriously by many, many people.  I read that in June and July, Fox News was the highest-rated tv channel in prime-time hours of 8 to 11 pm - For ALL of television.  In October, Fox News had the highest-rated month in cable news history.  People watch Fox News for news.

I assume Rick is doing the show because Kelly asked him to, and he loves her.  Not sure why they are doing so many bedroom scenes, but like someone said upthread, it is WAY less nauseating than Tamra and gross Eddie in the tub.

On 11/15/2020 at 11:30 AM, Anne Thrax said:

Matt would probably not have been arrested but for Gina's visible facial injuries and other bruises at the time police responded to the DV call.

I remember reading that he broke her bra strap, and for some reason that jarred me into realizing that it was a serious physical attack.  I wonder if there had been previous attacks.  How horrifying.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I would be seething inside, but making nice for the sake of the kids.  I'm sure she's still very hurt.  That's a tough situation to be in.   I'm not bashing step-parents, but for me, I'd have a real hard time letting someone else parent my kid, given the circumstances.  I'm my son's Mom.  Nobody else gets to be his Mom!!  Again, that's just me, and like Rinna, I'm puckering my lips I'm owning it!!  😉 💋 

I know that there are many exceptions out there, and in many cases a step-parent turns out better than the biological parent, so please don't throw tomatoes at me for how I feel.    Gina is to be commended for how she appears to be handling it. Kadooz! 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

You may not take them seriously, but Fox News is taken very seriously by many, many people.  I read that in June and July, Fox News was the highest-rated tv channel in prime-time hours of 8 to 11 pm - For ALL of television.  In October, Fox News had the highest-rated month in cable news history.  People watch Fox News for news.

Thank you!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh, I recognize how large their viewership is and how seriously much of their audience takes their programming. That’s why I said that I take their influence on society VERY seriously even if I don’t think of them as a serious journalism outlet.

I guess what I was awkwardly trying to say is that so many of their personalities already don’t follow the standards that we used to associate with journalism. Since their audience hasn’t seemed too bothered by much greater professional and personal transgressions among their employees, I doubt most of them care Rick is with an uncouth loudmouth like Kelly or that they’re showing their sexy time on national television. My only point is that I don’t think Kelly is going to damage Rick “professionally” because of the nature of his employer. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Oh, I recognize how large their viewership is and how seriously much of their audience takes their programming. That’s why I said that I take their influence on society VERY seriously even if I don’t think of them as a serious journalism outlet.

I guess what I was awkwardly trying to say is that so many of their personalities already don’t follow the standards that we used to associate with journalism. Since their audience hasn’t seemed too bothered by much greater professional and personal transgressions among their employees, I doubt most of them care Rick is with an uncouth loudmouth like Kelly or that they’re showing their sexy time on national television. My only point is that I don’t think Kelly is going to damage Rick “professionally” because of the nature of his employer

I think you are confusing their conservative opinion hosts and their shows (granted there may be too many of these shows) with actual journalists on the network’s news programming.  I personally hardly watch any opinion shows (no matter their ideology or network) because they are all noise to me. 
For me, I find the true journalists on FoxNews to be just that, just reporting the news and the facts without interjecting their personal opinion. If you only judged ANY of the cable news networks on their prime time programming, you could easily conflate opinion hosts with true journalists. 

I take the influence of any news media on the public very seriously.  And I personally disagree with you, because I think the bad actors are everywhere, on every network and all kinds of ideology, not confined to one network.

I seriously question the standards of all news outlets, including liberal outlets.

What I am awkwardly trying to say is that bad personalities on news networks aren’t confined to one source, they are ubiquitous. 

But, I won’t change your viewpoint, but I would like to snark on Kelly and RHOC without bringing other networks into the conversation .

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I think you are confusing their conservative opinion hosts and their shows (granted there may be too many of these shows) with actual journalists on the network’s news programming.  I personally hardly watch any opinion shows (no matter their ideology or network) because they are all noise to me. 
For me, I find the true journalists on FoxNews to be just that, just reporting the news and the facts without interjecting their personal opinion. If you only judged ANY of the cable news networks on their prime time programming, you could easily conflate opinion hosts with true journalists. 

I take the influence of any news media on the public very seriously.  And I personally disagree with you, because I think the bad actors are everywhere, on every network and all kinds of ideology, not confined to one network.

I seriously question the standards of all news outlets, including liberal outlets.

What I am awkwardly trying to say is that bad personalities on news networks aren’t confined to one source, they are ubiquitous. 

But, I won’t change your viewpoint, but I would like to snark on Kelly and RHOC without bringing other networks into the conversation .

As someone who was a journalist and transitioned from being a working journalist to an academic, I have studied news media and taught about it extensively. I can promise I am not confused. I understand the purported difference between their news and opinion programming. And I don’t judge a network simply based on its primetime programming. I’ve also known people who have worked at the network.

I’m not trying to make this about conservative vs. liberal networks, but about journalistic practice. And the overall behavior (both in and outside of work) that is and isn’t tolerated in each environment. Based on my knowledge and understanding, I don’t believe anything Rick is doing with Kelly would raise the eyebrows of his superiors. And I don’t believe it will harm his career. That said, the industry (including Fox) is in tremendous flux so that might change and I could be wrong. But since Kelly has already crashed one of his live shots and flipped off people during his broadcast and nothing has come of it (that we know of), I think Rick’s job is just fine. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10