Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: Stranger Spouse

• Start Topic

The stay-at-home orders have been lifted, and the couples head out for a much-needed getaway in the country; while some renew their bonds, others begin to question if they'll want to stay married on Decision Day.

Airs October 14, 2020.

Amani is obviously an awesome friend, but I wonder if she sees things a little differently upon watching Brett and Olivia as the show has aired.  She probably would never admit it (see: good friend), but she's emotionally intelligent and there's no way she'd think Olivia's behavior was conducive to a warm, loving marriage. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 17

Unfiltered:Olivia, Karen, Henry and JamieO all together in the studio...

Karen sporting dramatic hair.like how she changes her looks.

Olivia gets to air her grievances...so nice of Brett to give her permission to date...he’s  already given himself permission

Christinis a shit liar.

Henry is not gay, y’all.

• Love 9

Does ANYTHING make Karen happy?  Either she’s complaining about Miles, or the camping room, or how tired she is.  She should just get off the show already.  What a killjoy.                

If I were Henry, I would have left after that crack about being gay.  Christina is batso.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 11

Christingetting emotional over Olivia..faking faker..

Bennett wore gloves when he was doing food prep for the couples...saved my ewww face about him touching food

Kariyaki...cute

Thank you Christin for apologizing for white people...

Like Woody’s bandana outfit...he did the shopping...he is a prince

• Love 9

Is Bennett eating with the whisk? 

I’m sorry y’all. I’m late but whyyyy is Christina crying over Olivia like they been best friends since preschool? Fakkkeee.

Also Bennett is hilarious. I’ll never get over that toilet paper thing though. Never. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

Christina is not crying over Olivia.  She is crying because she screwed it up by calling Henry gay.  He still didn’t leave after that but was a gentleman and is staying to the end not making a jerk out of her.  Classy guy.  She screwed it up big time by being a selfish spoiled bitch to him and the crew.  Now she’s contrite?  Too late.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

I’m sure a few people will complain again that there were some repeats about the marriages but I enjoy them because I can catch how production is editing and manipulating the story.

#1. What I saw was the edit shift from showing Brett to hearing Brett say “no thank you” in a voice over but we didn’t see him say “no thank you” so that was a clear edit.  could’ve been any time that he said no thank you. 2. Olivia did not say Brett took all the food she said he most of the food in the cabinet!  #3. Brett said that the moving out of my house video was him packing his gym bag and lunch not when he was leaving out not when he was moving out. It’s just kind of funny that they used some seemingly random time he left the apartment as his leaving date with a voice over. Maybe they used it because it look like he was leaving his cat at the apartment.  #4. Amelia is on camera then there’s a voice over with Bennett saying he will split the time between the two places and Amelia saying yay or great. He may have made that remark at some other time but I could see clearly it didn’t occur during the time we saw them on the screen.

So instead of just being bored all the time with the repetition, look to see if there’s some cutting and pasting in the editing that is there to manipulate our view of what really happened.

Olivia,said, ”Brett took everything that he owned!”  Later Olivia complained to Amani that Brett didn't take the glasses.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 5

Wow. It’s another episode of Unfiltered so I guess it’s time to bag on Brett again. Oh, poor poor Olivia! She gave so much to this relationship- not! He had every right to leave - if not for the pandemic, their marriage would have been over anyway! She isn’t invested in Brett so much as the idea of marriage and that is even a stretch considering she was no more interested in compromising than he was. Why is she not being called to account for HER behavior and what she did to contribute to the demise of the marriage? It takes two, lady!  Only because Brett would rather peace out than get into it. Grrrr, I’m so annoyed! Why do I care about this stupid show??? 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Why are Amani and Woody stirring up so much shit about Henry and Christina?  Y'all know damn well they're still in this to get their hard-earned money [hiss] don't ruin it! [/hiss]

Edited by Linarina
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Amani and Woody already seem like an old married couple arguing about laundry lol! 
Bennett and Amelia are so cute together, they’re like kids. Is that a stuffed snake in bed with them? 

What about those snacks on the bed?  NOLA has shown some food that looks sooooo good!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I love all the eye rolls when Christina started giving her assessment of Brett which sounded a lot like projection to me. 
Armani gets an A+ for friendship and well, damn never everything. 

I thought Woody was going to pull his headband down over his mouth to cover up that he was trying not to laugh. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Wow. It’s another episode of Unfiltered so I guess it’s time to bag on Brett again. Oh, poor poor Olivia! She gave so much to this relationship- not! He had every right to leave - if not for the pandemic, their marriage would have been over anyway! She isn’t invested in Brett so much as the idea of marriage and that is even a stretch considering she was no more interested in compromising than he was. Why is she not being called to account for HER behavior and what she did to contribute to the demise of the marriage? It takes two, lady!  Only because Brett would rather peace out than get into it. Grrrr, I’m so annoyed! Why do I care about this stupid show??? 😂

I’m annoyed too.  There’s nothing going on, so they have to do these stupid games like Amelia and what’s his name playing basketball, and that ring toss thing with Karen & Miles.  Plus other stupid uninteresting things.  The”experts or whoever paired them up screwed up again.

• Love 3

Oh, interesting!  The celebrity crush that Amelia guessed for Bennett was Cyrille Aimee, which googling reveals is her curly-haired French friend from a few episodes ago.  Apparently she's a jazz singer.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

All she wanted was a husband to spend money and travel with.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Well, the previews sure look interesting to say the least. Amelia admitting to coming on primarily to be on reality show with a cut to Bennett’s face, Olivia considering getting back together with Brett, Brett looking nonplussed.  If they do, it’s only to get the cash still on the table. Some woody/Armani drama, probably cooked up, though I’ve been giving him the stink eye over a few things along with Armani. Her uh-huhs say it all, I love it. Curious to know more this temper. Of course, as always it could be the editing but I imagine there’s enough there that will make things seem up in the air. 

• Love 3

45 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Amani and Woody already seem like an old married couple arguing about laundry lol! 
Bennett and Amelia are so cute together, they’re like kids. Is that a stuffed snake in bed with them? 

The more brains, the more eccentric.  I could see why they were matched.

• Love 5

Bennett FTW this episode! Watching him do “the worm” in his yellow dress was everything. Still laughing. 😂

Also, his Pokémon letter to himself! As a person with two kids who were heavy into Pokémon for few years, hearing him wax poetic over a Charizard card made me laugh.....

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

An observation from Unfiltered: Henry has handled his crazy-ass wife’s accusations like a champ.  He calmly addressed them, refuted them, and kept it moving.  I can’t say anything bad about that.  I have no doubt that he’s just running down the clock.  He may not be the most scintillating guy, but he got a pretty raw deal.  At the end of the day, Christina needs to get some damn help and never should have been part of this “experiment.”

3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

All those lies should be a clear deal breaker for Henry. He may be not pulling the plug, yet, because of the inevitable dramatics Christina will pull. He needs to put his big gurl panties on & make it end.

I think he's done it and she knows it but they're playing along for the cameras and she's trying to rehab her own reputation.  I noticed in the morning that while the "black love" couples were still in bed, and the strange love couple was singing and dancing the worm, he walked into the room, they were both fully dressed and she said a big "Good morning!"  Made me think he spent the night in the funny-smelling extra cabin where Olivia and Brett were not. 

Also - Woody's facial expressions are hilarious 😄 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Does anyone know more about how Amelia was cast?  She said she got a call from a random lady asking if she'd be interested.  That makes the match with Bennett less serendipitous. 😔  So does that mean Bennett applied first and someone affiliated with the show said, "oh man I know someone who'd be great for that quirky guy"?  Or what, I wonder.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Amelia seemed genuinely hurt that Bennett didn’t mention her in his letter. I’ve always felt that she cares a lot more for him than he does for her.

Miles talks a good game about being conflicted. He clearly has feelings for Karen. So even if they haven’t been intimate, I would bet good money that he is going to “stay”.

The other couples seemed to be humoring Henry and Christina. They know that they are just riding it out. I give them credit because Brett couldn’t do it. 

• Love 9

This episode has changed my mind on Christina. She went from a slightly weird socially awkward person making the best of a bad situation to someone who might truly be unhinged.

It is interesting to me that some chronic liars become very good at lying (practice makes perfect) and some are horrible but continue to lie anyway. Michael from last season was an example of someone who was a horrible liar.

The fact that she could not show Henry the incriminating text message means that she probably made the whole thing up. If she was smart, she would have just said she "heard a rumor" and then just say she refused to reveal the source.

Did she expect telling Henry that someone told her that he was gay was going to make him fall at her feet and yell "Yes, I am gay...it is the only way that I am able to resist your Goddess like beauty"?

Everyone was cringing in embarrassment over her crocodile tears over Olivia because she did not get to go on this trip. It is obvious that she was being totally insincere and I doubt if Olivia counts her as a friend.

She readily admits that she was a flamboyant liar at one time and probably is still makes up things for dramatic reactions.

• Love 18

Christina seems kind of unhinged to me and her stories ramble on with no point. Henry isn’t giving much, but he has a lot to deal with in her. I’m not sure why she was cast since she apparently doesn’t even live in New Orleans and appears to have a lying problem.

Why were Bennett and Amelia sleeping with a plate of food and a stuffed snake? Sorry I still think they are doing this as some kind of performance art and are not this quirky in real life. Once Amelia starts her residency, I’m betting she is back to being the rich girl homecoming queen. Just my opinion.

Woody and Amani are good, the experts did a rare good job in matching them. I think Miles and Karen will hang in for awhile but Miles is such a warm guy, I feel bad Karen is so cool towards him. I think it took a lot of bravery for him to admit it was difficult to come on the couples trip with everything that is going on in the world.

• Love 18
7 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I have grown weary of hearing these two talk this thing to death. She does not seem into him at all. They know a lot about each other, but if she can’t warm up after four months, including TWO MONTHS OF QUARANTINE, it’s time to walk away....

She friend zoned him a long time ago, probably before the wedding, and he’s still there now.

If they didn’t have sex or even being more affectionate towards each other during quarantine then how likely is it to happen with more time? This year has been SO stressful. They’re not even holding each other at night? We see Miles reaching out for Karen but she never reciprocates. She’s pretty, but frigid. I think Iris was more affectionate with Keith. 

• Love 18

Wow, Henry’s twitch is much more apparent when he’s with Christina. There is something so very off with her. Did they not have enough applicants? Why in the world was she cast (based on the lies such as not actually having a home in New Orleans)? Was there supposed to be any appeal to her beyond the fact that she’s sad that no one has ever given her flowers? 

I get that we only see what the editors show us, but I’m shocked by the amount of Brett support on these boards. Regardless of what you think you see in him, or whatever faults you find in Olivia, there’s no denying that in the first episode he definitely showed himself to be a total f*ck boi, and probably not actually looking for marriage.

Also, Karen- if you don’t want to sleep with Miles, please send him my way. I’ve got more than twenty years on him, but that wouldn’t bother me in the least.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Why were Bennett and Amelia sleeping with a plate of food and a stuffed snake? Sorry I still think they are doing this as some kind of performance art and are not this quirky in real life. Once Amelia starts her residency, I’m betting she is back to being the rich girl homecoming queen. Just my opinion.

THIS RIGHT HERE!  I was coming here today to post literally the same.  I think Bennett and Amelia truly do love each other but decided early on to see just how outrageous they could make this all appear.  They're playing us, you guys! 

And, I bet Amani wishes she had a dime for every time someone called her Armani . . .

Amani has good insight and advice for everyone, why doesn't she tell Karen to get off her high horse and warm up to Miles already?  Karen's standoffishness towards Miles detracts from her beauty.  She gives off this air that she's better than all this and it's all a big mistake that she got paired with someone who doesn't meet her flawed criteria.  How many times have we heard someone interview for this show saying that they don't have luck picking a partner and have made bad choices in the past, and then turn around once matched and complain that "they're just not what I'm used to/not my type"? 

• Love 14

What a boring episode.   Even the retreat was boring.  Same old stuff, I get that the virus has something to do with it.  
I’m feeling bad for Henry and Miles.  ChristinA admitted to being a “previous” flamboyant liar.  Previous?  Try current.  

• Love 12

Miles seems too focused on having sex with Karen. The whole conversation with Woody bothered me. Even if they have sex & it's great, Karen is still Karen. She's been aloof, even cold, & has trust issues (understandably, but not dealt with). Maybe they think if sex happens her whole personality will change. Maybe it will, but I kind of doubt it. If she didn't have much of anything to give Miles during this stressful time, then he's seen what he's getting & needs to decide what he wants based on what he knows now.

• Love 9

Karen just isn't into Miles.  Two months, four months and no sex.  That's just not normal for two married adults.

She's breaking his heart.  You need to leave Miles.  She couldn't find a husband on her own   Now we know why.

• Love 14

I keep trying to give Karen the benefit of the doubt  and hope that there is more to her than we see, but I really don't think that is the case. She IS cold and condescending towards a sweet, kind, loving man and it hurts me for Miles and that is not the result of editing.

This season has been pretty blah. Think there are some nice people on the show and some I could be friends with (if circumstances were real). I would like to know Amani, but don't think I would enjoy being around Woody; I think both Amelia and Bennett would be fun to be with; Miles, but not Karen; Henry, but NOT ChristinA; and neither Olivia or Brett.

I can't believe that after all this quarantine time, they are still saying that there are 2 more weeks until D Day. I hope we do get to see the Reunion show. D-Day is pretty uneventful, it is the 3 months after story I want to hear.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Is Bennett eating with the whisk?

Yes.  And Woody has more than once used a fork to stir stuff in what looks like a non-stick skillet.  They need some utensil training.

13 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I noticed it before that, coiled along the top of the headboard.  Nobody else's bed had one, and I thought, "Of course they brought a six-foot stuffed snake with them."

13 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I’m annoyed too.  There’s nothing going on, so they have to do these stupid games like Amelia and what’s his name playing basketball, and that ring toss thing with Karen & Miles. 

I thought the ladder golf with Karen and Miles was interesting because they were talking about how competitive he is, and he clearly wasn't happy with how he was doing.  In ladder golf.

• Love 5