Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/22/2019 at 11:45 PM, Spectator said:

I’ve got to be honest, that’s not the way I saw many of those situations at all. Most notably, I never thought Sheila got a bad edit relative to Nate. I think a lot of viewers saw right through Nate from the start (wasn’t he the guy with women’s shoes in his car trunk???). I never thought Sheila was high strung or crazy. Quite the opposite. Nate seemed to throw out cliche after cliche when he was trying to express himself, which was a giant reg flag (for me anyway) of his insincerity. I had no negative feelings about Sheila whatsoever. I thought she got a raw deal in who she was paired with, actually, not that she got a raw deal because of a poor edit.

I felt Sheila got a bad edit during the last fight that she had with Nate before she had moved out. It looked like Sheila went off on Nate for no good reason for him not answering her calls. Then we were subjected to Nate making puppy dog eyes because Sheila had left him.  

Sheila was also usually shown saying to Nate, "I'm not going to do this [i.e. have a spirited discussion or fight]" on camera...with the final blowup fight being the exception.

Also, a lot was made about Sheila not getting her "chocolate". I felt the implication was that Sheila was too uptight to get her "chocolate".

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 6/24/2019 at 10:01 AM, aphroditewitch said:

Casting men like Dave or Jamie from the current season is always going to be a disaster because both men pick up on everything negative and are completely unwilling to work with anyone on anything.

Without getting into another discussion of whether Dave or Amber was worse, is there something about Dave that happened after the show that I don't know about, or is it just Team Amber people still snarking on Dave because they don't like him because last I saw SHE was the one who left. Did stuff come out about him after the show? And again, I don't want a litany of why people don't like Dave, or why it's his fault she left. Just inquiring if something besides what we were shown has come out.........

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Without getting into another discussion of whether Dave or Amber was worse, is there something about Dave that happened after the show that I don't know about, or is it just Team Amber people still snarking on Dave because they don't like him because last I saw SHE was the one who left. Did stuff come out about him after the show? And again, I don't want a litany of why people don't like Dave, or why it's his fault she left. Just inquiring if something besides what we were shown has come out.........

I really wasn't referring to anything related to Amber. Dave is a guy with both a checklist and a list of excuses. IMO he was someone who wanted to get married because his bros were either married or in LTRs and he was feeling left out. The end result what that he was someone who was going to zero in on anything and turn it into a the biggest problem in the world. A lot of those qualities seem present in Jamie in the Charlotte season. He made reference to wanting to be married because of his age. Again it is getting married due to perceived expectations from society rather than a true desire to be married.

• Love 1

I’ve been thinking about this “bad edit” thing and it got me thinking back to Heather, who was portrayed as being perpetually pissed off that Derek was “smoking”. I think a lot of viewers thought she was overacting. But the show conveniently edited out the fact that Derek wasn’t smoking cigarettes but was, in fact, smoking weed and that he was perpetually high. There’s a HUGE difference and if I were in her shoes and my husband were high during our whole MAFS honeymoon, a time when we were supposed to be really getting to know each other without distractions, I think I’d be annoyed too (especially since it seemed pretty clear that Heather was not smoking anything at all...that imbalance is never much fun for the sober one). But for whatever reason, the show hid all of that and portrayed Heather as a neurotic anti-cigarette loon. I think Heather definitely ranks up there with the top MAFS participants with unfair edits. I’m thinking it was the show’s not so subtle way of retaliating against her for quitting the show early. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Spectator said:

I’ve been thinking about this “bad edit” thing and it got me thinking back to Heather, who was portrayed as being perpetually pissed off that Derek was “smoking”. I think a lot of viewers thought she was overacting. But the show conveniently edited out the fact that Derek wasn’t smoking cigarettes but was, in fact, smoking weed and that he was perpetually high. There’s a HUGE difference and if I were in her shoes and my husband were high during our whole MAFS honeymoon, a time when we were supposed to be really getting to know each other without distractions, I think I’d be annoyed too (especially since it seemed pretty clear that Heather was not smoking anything at all...that imbalance is never much fun for the sober one). But for whatever reason, the show hid all of that and portrayed Heather as a neurotic anti-cigarette loon. I think Heather definitely ranks up there with the top MAFS participants with unfair edits. I’m thinking it was the show’s not so subtle way of retaliating against her for quitting the show early. 

I did not like Derek and do not blame Heather for not putting up with the pot smoking. However, as a woman I think Heather was horribly disappointed that she got matched up with a guy she considered a total loser. I could kind of see it on her face during the wedding.

On 6/25/2019 at 11:09 PM, aphroditewitch said:

I really wasn't referring to anything related to Amber. Dave is a guy with both a checklist and a list of excuses. IMO he was someone who wanted to get married because his bros were either married or in LTRs and he was feeling left out. The end result what that he was someone who was going to zero in on anything and turn it into a the biggest problem in the world. A lot of those qualities seem present in Jamie in the Charlotte season. He made reference to wanting to be married because of his age. Again it is getting married due to perceived expectations from society rather than a true desire to be married.

Amber pretty much had no chance after Dave found out she hooked up with gym guy. Dave even admitted as much during the honeymoon.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/24/2019 at 9:16 AM, Crazy Bird Lady said:

It's a very, very serious problem with the show.

I know this puts me in a very tiny minority --but I don't disrespect or disapprove of Iris being a virgin and proud of "saving herself" for her husband. It's not what I did in my own life, or what I recommended to my own daughters -but I think (so far) Iris was -and is- being honest and true to herself and about who she is and what she believes.

I also think Iris has "drunk the Kool-Aid" about "experts" creating "compatible" matches for their victims couples, creating a solid basis for them to forge a lasting marriage

(So feel free to snark away... 😁

Personally, I feel that the producers are making this virgin state a huge deal and it’s just not.  We were all virgins who really cares about that and it’s not anyone's business to know that anyway.......enough already.

Edited by endure
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Spectator said:

Heather is/was a flight attendant and subject to possible random drug checks every time she shows up to work.  Airlines don’t play.  I understand her concerns on that front...no, she’s not the one smoking, but could still test positive if she’s around secondhand pot smoke 24x7.  Plus, the smell lingers.  (Source: friend who is a longtime FA). 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

I basically said this in another thread: 

More tweets for the fun of it:

Also, when this moment happened last night, I was ☠️:

I hope things go better for Iris than than they did for Whitney, may she rest in peace.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Spectator said:

I had forgotten all about this guy. While this past episode was on I searched Twitter for mafs and happened to see a tweet by him. It only caught my attention because it wasn't about the show at all and I was wondering why it was included in the search. It was political and he's an asshole (not because of his political beliefs but just the stuff he tweets) and I'm surprised he still uses his mafs twitter handle.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Spectator said:

imagine what their edit would have done to Kate if she had left the way people wanted her to. We never would have known about the "repulsed and dead inside" comment Luke made. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I had forgotten all about this guy. While this past episode was on I searched Twitter for mafs and happened to see a tweet by him. It only caught my attention because it wasn't about the show at all and I was wondering why it was included in the search. It was political and he's an asshole (not because of his political beliefs but just the stuff he tweets) and I'm surprised he still uses his mafs twitter handle.

He apparently tweets a lot of hateful stuff about women. Heather was smart to get out early even though she got so much heat about it at the time.

• Love 6
On 6/23/2019 at 8:42 PM, configdotsys said:

Isn't in just your opinion that Jasmine got a bad edit? Or was portrayed as someone that she is not? I don't mean that in a snarky way but your opinion that Jasmine got a bad edit is based on what you think/believe based on what you have seen on this show. My opinion is based on what I have seen on the show. I don't watch television thinking, "Well, they're showing this person being nice/rude/whatever but maybe they are just the opposite so I'm not going to believe what I am seeing."

I think Jasmine's "bad edit" was based on very, very little information that I believe was generalized beyond its overall importance in the scheme of who she is (which I think was intentionally done by the show).  Meanwhile Will's lack of affect allowed the show to portray him in a more positive light than he deserved, which allowed the audience to project nothing but good qualities on him.  I don't remember all the incidents now but throughout the season there was evidence to show that Will was not the guy he seemed to be to many people, but I think the negative with him was minimized by the show so of course the audience minimized it or didn't even see it at all.  That, plus Jasmine herself seemed unwilling to air his dirty laundry on TV, or the show didn't broadcast it if she did.  Even at the reunion episode she was putting on a facade and refrained from throwing him under the bus or saying much to make him look bad.  I think she felt that some people would look down on her for that so she tried to keep it classy.  Unfortunately that allowed the show to hide Will's faults all the more, which didn't allow the audience to understand why Jasmine responded to him the way she did.  Like the impression they gave of him wanting to help kids.  Personally I think he showed a lack of realism in the way he wanted to achieve that, and perhaps Jasmine's reaction should more appropriately be seen in that context.

On 6/24/2019 at 12:39 PM, aphroditewitch said:

No , it is not solely my opinion since things that happened at the reunion and after the show confirm Jasmine was given a bad edit. 

Thanks, as you know I agree with you and pretty much everything you've said on this subject in this thread.

• Love 1

So I have a hypothesis...what if Iris doesn’t turn out to be that virgin? She could have done plenty of other things. For all I know she could have used the back door and still be claiming technically virginity. The quietest waters are the deepest. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, ShowFan said:

So I have a hypothesis...what if Iris doesn’t turn out to be that virgin? She could have done plenty of other things. For all I know she could have used the back door and still be claiming technically virginity. The quietest waters are the deepest. 

Possibly. Or it could be something like engaging in dry humping.

(edited)
On 6/27/2019 at 10:25 PM, aphroditewitch said:

He apparently tweets a lot of hateful stuff about women. Heather was smart to get out early even though she got so much heat about it at the time.

Case in point:

I think he also got into it with someone else from the Miami season over Twitter. I don't recall whether it was Sonia or Lillian.

Edited to add: It WAS Lillian:

Someone posted this response: 

This dude also dropped a rap single after the quickie divorce called "Honeymoon". 

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

Case in point:

I think he also got into it with someone else from the Miami season over Twitter. I don't recall whether it was Sonia or Lillian.

Edited to add: It WAS Lillian:

Someone posted this response: 

This dude also dropped a rap single after the quickie divorce called "Honeymoon". 

He is truly pathetic. 

• Love 8

I think I just saw Iris in a Zales commercial before a 90 Day Fiancé episode on YouTube. Not sure everyone gets the same ad.

Models and 27-year-old Musicians desperate for marriage? This season is a little suspect.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, lids said:

I think I just saw Iris in a Zales commercial before a 90 Day Fiancé episode on YouTube. Not sure everyone gets the same ad.

Models and 27-year-old Musicians desperate for marriage? This season is a little suspect.

The previews show Iris questioning why Keith signed up for this... but I am sure Keith could ask Iris the same thing. They're both attractive and I'm sure they don't have any issues dating. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lids said:

If they went on this show hoping for a boost, then they are foolish. Few people from reality shows break into the industry and fewer still achieve true success. It is not going to happen for someone from MAFS. 

1 hour ago, watchingtvaddict said:

The previews show Iris questioning why Keith signed up for this... but I am sure Keith could ask Iris the same thing. They're both attractive and I'm sure they don't have any issues dating. 

We can say that about anyone on the show. I wonder why Greg is there. One would think that he would have had a lot of people from his church trying to date him or fix him up with someone they know. 

• Love 5
On 7/1/2019 at 11:51 AM, aphroditewitch said:

He is truly pathetic. 

His timeline is disgusting and so is he. I’m blocking him just so he never pops up again. Heather made the best decision. I can’t even imagine what misogynistic crap he unleashed on her during their short marriage. 

It would probably be in the experts,/show’s best interest to get someone to research the candidates’ social media accounts before they’re cast. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

It would probably be in the experts,/show’s best interest to get someone to research the candidates’ social media accounts before they’re cast. 

They probably do check and cast someone with offensive posts because they are hoping for drama. The Bachelorette cast a guy with a history of racist tweets for Rachel Lindsay's season. 

https://jezebel.com/racist-tweets-from-current-bachelorette-contestant-have-1795703434

• Love 1
On 6/26/2019 at 11:23 PM, Spectator said:

...the show hid all of that and portrayed Heather as a neurotic anti-cigarette loon. I think Heather definitely ranks up there with the top MAFS participants with unfair edits. I’m thinking it was the show’s not so subtle way of retaliating against her for quitting the show early. 

Derek was just nasty, there was that.  

I’m curious about Deonna.  Seems to me like this chick has a much higher personal evaluation than the one I would give her.  I don’t understand how or why Greg (is he Greg?) keeps chasing after her admiration.  She’s cold as ice.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

Nick from Miami just posted that he was in a horrible life changing accident

Omg that’s awful! I hope his family are looking after his doggies

• Love 3
(edited)

What was Nick’s job?  Hope he continues to improve.

General request: This is the Spoiler thread.  Posting links for people to click on doesn’t always work.  If you post a link teasing a spoiler can you also please post a summary of the spoiler?

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 7
(edited)

Edited to add:  Maybe Tom was the yacht guy now that I researched a little. There really isn’t much info on Nick except an article from last year says he relocated to California and does real estate and Airbnb. 

He always wore shirts on the show advertising his business ( I can’t remember the name now) but I think it was something to do with yacht maintenance or something like that. 

Edited by valdawn

Was Nick the one who slept with his mafs wife,but they kept it "secret"? After he and his mafs wife divorced he quickly married someone else and had kids right away? 

Or am I remembering wrong?

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, wait.what said:

Was Nick the one who slept with his mafs wife,but they kept it "secret"? After he and his mafs wife divorced he quickly married someone else and had kids right away? 

Yes that's him - not sure if he ever married the one he had twins with though... he said in the post she's "flying" to see him with one kid at a time since she "can't fly with both yet" - pretty sure that's what was said. So maybe they're not together or just separated right now while he's where he needs to be to recover.

3 hours ago, wait.what said:

There’s a story out there that she’s a love and relationship coach who was affiliated with the show and that he was seeing her while ‘working things out’ with Sonja. They had twins. 

• Love 4

Wow, that's some tough news about Nick.  I never liked him but would never wish ill upon him either.  I'm wondering if the reason he's being sketchy about what kind of job it was and took so long to go public with his injury is because he is receiving workers' comp. and has a settlement pending.  I went through that a few years ago and the lawyers tell you not to talk to anyone about it from your old job or on your social media, etc.  Depending on the situation he may also have a personal injury case going on as well so that's another reason.

• Love 6

So the newest twist (so far) is that all 4 couples will be living in adjacent apartments, so that everyone will know everyone else's business and will gossip about each other *more* than ever before.

Did the "experts"  decide to do this for the benefit of the 4 couples? 🤣

That's what they'll claim --but hell no!!

It's all about creating more drama, which (of course) gets them more viewers. They don't give a damn about the participants.  ☹️ 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

So the newest twist (so far) is that all 4 couples will be living in adjacent apartments, so that everyone will know everyone else's business and will gossip about each other *more* than ever before.

It's all about creating more drama, which (of course) gets them more viewers. They don't give a damn about the participants.  ☹️ 

This will be like the married version of Big Brother. 

I wonder how they will spin it, though: camaraderie, support, blah, blah, blah. You don't have to live in the same apartment building to have that. 

On 7/13/2019 at 5:52 PM, gonecrackers said:

Yes that's him - not sure if he ever married the one he had twins with though... he said in the post she's "flying" to see him with one kid at a time since she "can't fly with both yet" - pretty sure that's what was said. So maybe they're not together or just separated right now while he's where he needs to be to recover.

He just said she was bringing one at a time to visit since she can't travel with 2 - I took that to mean in the car, and I thought it seemed like they are together.

1 hour ago, princelina said:

He just said she was bringing one at a time to visit since she can't travel with 2 - I took that to mean in the car, and I thought it seemed like they are together.

Yeah, thanks, he did say "bring", not fly... surprised they don't have more help so she can get to him with the kids.

14 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

It is either to save money? or maybe it was too hard to find 4 airbnb rentals for 2 months in NC? This is the smallest city they have filmed in. It is much easier to find rentals in Large cities like Boston or Philly or Chicago since they have a higher demand for short terms rentals for people on business. I know I have when I rent a home we travel for medical care, it is easy in a big city like Phoenix , next to impossible in Salt Lake which I would consider closer to match to Charlotte.

I do think living close together will be easier for some like Elizabeth, Amber and Keith and harder for others like Matt and Deonna.

4 hours ago, silverspoons said:

It is either to save money? or maybe it was too hard to find 4 airbnb rentals for 2 months in NC? This is the smallest city they have filmed in. It is much easier to find rentals in Large cities like Boston or Philly or Chicago since they have a higher demand for short terms rentals for people on business. I know I have when I rent a home we travel for medical care, it is easy in a big city like Phoenix , next to impossible in Salt Lake which I would consider closer to match to Charlotte.

I do think living close together will be easier for some like Elizabeth, Amber and Keith and harder for others like Matt and Deonna.

I don't know about airBNB - I didn't look, but Charlotte is a decent sized city with a large university (UNC-Charlotte). I can't imagine they couldn't find four rental properties for three months that would have sufficed.

I'd rather they didn't put all four couples in the same building. I like seeing them interact occasionally but I think having them in such close proximity really continues the artificiality of the situation. It's unavoidable on the honeymoon - the avoiding real life - but I like seeing them get as close to their "normal" as soon as possible.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I figured they decided to put the couples in the same building because it saves on production time and cost. When they had to shoot each couple in each home throughout the city, the shooting schedule had to have spanned multiple days. At one point last season we saw Dr. Pepper counseling Kate on the phone while Dr.P ate dinner or something. The therapist don’t live in the cities the participants live in. They fly in for the shoot schedule. The crew must be driving for hours to get to each person’s house, especially when they live on opposite sides of the city. Then they have to set up cameras which takes an hour or so, then the counseling session. Then the individual pov reactions to the sessions. Then taking down the equipment. Then driving to the next location and doing it all over again. The therapists must be exhausted (as well as the crew). No wonder they look tired all the time.

With them all in the same building, I imagine the shoot setup will be a lot easier. They may even try to use on nondescript apt for all the interviews. Regardless, there’ll be way less driving and scheduling conflicts. leading the therapists to be able to spend more time with the couples.

And this may just be me, but, I live in an apartment building and I barely ever hang out with my neighbors. I don’t know why the couples would have to see each other. They may live on different floors and they go to work, so they may not even pass each other in the elevator.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, lids said:

I figured they decided to put the couples in the same building because it saves on production time and cost. ...With them all in the same building, I imagine the shoot setup will be a lot easier. 

And this may just be me, but, I live in an apartment building and I barely ever hang out with my neighbors. I don’t know why the couples would have to see each other.

I do.  The production crew and  (yes) the "experts" will require them to get together on a regular basis since they're "neighbors and friends" with so many unique experiences in common (or some such).  ☹️

They may live on different floors and they go to work, so they may not even pass each other in the elevator.

They will almost certainly be located in a block of 4 residences that are facing and/or adjacent to each other.

I wonder if they will also be forced to go on a shared mini-moon, like the one A.J. objected to so very obnoxiously last time?? [Yes, A.J. was definitely out of line --but imho so was MAFS forcing all the couples to spend their vacations in the same house!

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I do.  The production crew and  (yes) the "experts" will require them to get together on a regular basis since they're "neighbors and friends" with so many unique experiences in common (or some such).  ☹️

They will almost certainly be located in a block of 4 residences that are facing and/or adjacent to each other.

I wonder if they will also be forced to go on a shared mini-moon, like the one A.J. objected to so very obnoxiously last time?? [Yes, A.J. was definitely out of line --but imho so was MAFS forcing all the couples to spend their vacations in the same house!

Yep. This exactly. It's just for more drama. These people ARE NOT FRIENDS. They might become so, but they also might not (Recall Jon's disdain for Ryan, and everyone's for Luke. I also can't see Dallas Amber hanging too much with Danielle). It's just going to create an environment where couples that are doing well will feel superior, and those that are struggling will wonder what is wrong with themselves (or their spouse).

I'm sure the producers were remembering when Tristan threw out Mia, and thought "Imagine if the other couples would have been outside the door when he threw her suitcase in the hall....they could have comforted her/confronted him - TV Gold!".......or some such shit. No doubt Iris, Deonna and Elizabeth will be there for Amber when we see whatever Matt did that makes her cry so much in the previews, and we're going to have to see the guys asking Keith multiple times if he has deflowered Iris yet........blech........

• Useful 1

I think they might be following the Australian MAFS as the couples live in an apartment complex during shooting. I only watched one episode but the drama was crazy. And a few people were accused of cheating/flirting with husbands/wives so they're probably doing to up drama see if another couple has better chemistry AND to save on filming cost and time. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Speaking of AJ, he responded to this IG post in the comments section:

aj.voll

That's much better than putting them all in the same 4 bedroom 2 bath single family dwelling in the for the "mini-moon" 😂😂😂😠.

3d112 likesReply

• LOL 6