Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Church Lady Virgin Iris was the persona to get cast on the show...

We saw Danger Iris when the dudes messed with her lemonade.

Finally at the show's end she could be herself again with extensions, crop tops and attitude...dumping all those dorky clothes at the Goodwill.....

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Maybe sex straightened her hair & made it grow.

Thinking that's what happened.  She looks like Dionne Warwick in the preview for next week's "He suddenly has a problem with my virginity!" meltdown, and then miraculously morphs into Tyra. 

• LOL 4
On 8/3/2019 at 9:01 AM, humbleopinion said:

Iris and her extensions are giving us her best badass death stare

On 8/3/2019 at 9:19 AM, sarkygal said:

I wish Iris didn’t get the long extensions. Her features stood out more with short hair.

I definitely do not think she has extensions. Natural hair is infamous for shrinkage. Getting a silk press will make it appear twice as long at times (and Iris's hair, IMO, has never been short).

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Church Lady Virgin Iris was the persona to get cast on the show...

We saw Danger Iris when the dudes messed with her lemonade.

Finally at the show's end she could be herself again with extensions, crop tops and attitude...dumping all those dorky clothes at the Goodwill.....

I think you may be right!

I was confused by her honeymoon wardrobe. She had the best swimwear with cutouts and low cut bikini tops, but in private, she was wearing long sleeves, Cardigans, and clip on earrings. Now she’s got what looks like sew-in or microlinks for added length with a leave-out (silk press to blend), wearing a crop top, showing skin, wearing make-up, and singing along with Beyoncé. Like which version of Iris will be see next?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, lovetowrite73 said:

I definitely do not think she has extensions. Natural hair is infamous for shrinkage. Getting a silk press will make it appear twice as long at times (and Iris's hair, IMO, has never been short).

Believe me, I know about "shrinkage" but even if she had a "silk press" I don't think her natural hair is that long, going all the way down her back.

• Love 11

Ironic that Iris transformed into something that Keith might appreciate more than the Scaredy Rabbit with Rules Grandma Iris, and Tons of Fun Deonna claims to be afraid to be The Real Her because Greg may not like it.  At least their guys seem real.  

Someone elsewhere made the point that if Iris and Keith divorce, she’ll move on and tell the next Victim of Virginity that she was married before but is still a virgin.  If that happens, I hope he will be as well.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

According to MAFS Fan, the next stop on the hot mess express for the show will be New Orleans.

This is still hurricane season... and has been for a couple of months. It would have been better to go to N. O. in winter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/3/2019 at 6:19 AM, sarkygal said:

I wish Iris didn’t get the long extensions. Her features stood out more with short hair. 

12 hours ago, lovetowrite73 said:

9 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Believe me, I know about "shrinkage" but even if she had a "silk press" I don't think her natural hair is that long, going all the way down her back.

Agree that Iris' hair isn't short. That if she straightened it might appear longer than it does when she wears it natural. And, also that the texture of the hair in that picture looks like extensions and less flattering that her own hair might look if she straightened it.  

8 hours ago, Kareem said:

Tons of Fun Deonna claims to be afraid to be The Real Her because Greg may not like it.  At least their guys seem real.  

Greg and Keith seem like cool enough dudes. But, editing aside, I'm guessing both of them have their representative, the best version of themselves, appearing on camera. 

It makes sense that someone who was in situationships for a decade, or any women who felt compelled to go on this how might be worried about someone liking the real them. Deonna mentioned that she is an introvert and seems to be struggling with how much to reveal while on this show. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Ohwell said:

7 hours ago, RaeSpellman said:

Agree that Iris' hair isn't short. That if she straightened it might appear longer than it does when she wears it natural. And, also that the texture of the hair in that picture looks like extensions and less flattering that her own hair might look if she straightened it.  

I'm not AA but have very curly hair with tons of shrinkage that when straightened, lands below my shoulder blades. But when curly mine is already below shoulder length (longer than Deonna's), while Iris's natural hair is quite short.  So there's no way she doesn't have extensions, or something, going on to give her length.

18 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

I was confused by her honeymoon wardrobe. She had the best swimwear with cutouts and low cut bikini tops, but in private, she was wearing long sleeves, Cardigans, and clip on earrings. Now she’s got what looks like sew-in or microlinks for added length with a leave-out (silk press to blend), wearing a crop top, showing skin, wearing make-up, and singing along with Beyoncé. Like which version of Iris will be see next?

(And there ya go on the hair-thanks for explaining). I'm going to wonder, again, if Iris is a plant actor, or, someone who has been given a style to fit her narrative. Something's up with her & it's stinkin' a bit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 8/6/2019 at 4:04 PM, Ohwell said:

I thought it was going to be DC.

20 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

It sounds like they’ve decided the next series aka train wreck after the DC one will feature N.O. couples. 

That's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion! 😊

I amended my previous post. 

Edited to add that in other news, this punk finally signed the divorce papers:

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

We hate you Puke and are trying hard to forget you exist on Earth....you depressed us too....

Don't let the screen door hit you on the way out....

Quit it with the hashtags, Puke....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm not AA but have very curly hair with tons of shrinkage that when straightened, lands below my shoulder blades. But when curly mine is already below shoulder length (longer than Deonna's), while Iris's natural hair is quite short.  So there's no way she doesn't have extensions, or something, going on to give her length.

(And there ya go on the hair-thanks for explaining). I'm going to wonder, again, if Iris is a plant actor, or, someone who has been given a style to fit her narrative. Something's up with her & it's stinkin' a bit.

I am not AA and have very curly hair/I usually wear it in an afro. When curly my hair is above my shoulders but, when straightened it is really long and hits the middle of my back (just below my shoulder blades). It is possible Iris has hair this long... shrinkage really is no joke.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, After7Only said:

Pretty sure Iris is wearing a lace front wig in the photos rather than extensions.   They are pretty common and popular right now.  

It could be a lacefront with bleached or dyed knots to give off that natural colour of the scalp. It might even be a partial wig. I’ve seen the Metowi Microlinks method and Antoinette Lisa’s styles with leave out look that natural, too. Both involve sewn in hair. Either way, it looks nice on her, and if her hair is protected, even better. I love her natural looks, too! 

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

I am not AA and have very curly hair/I usually wear it in an afro. When curly my hair is above my shoulders but, when straightened it is really long and hits the middle of my back (just below my shoulder blades). It is possible Iris has hair this long... shrinkage really is no joke.

My curls tip my hat to yours- I've been way outshrinkaged. ☺️

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I think Iris & Keith continue because we haven't seen that foreplay dice scene yet. 😂

I think Deonna & Greg continue because they don't have any serious issues, that we've seen.

I hope Elizabeth & Jamie divorce because he's abusive & they're too dysfunctional. 

I think Matt & Amber continue because we haven't seen Raven tell her he saw Matt with a girl. It's a toss up. They're an odd couple. He disrespected her by staying out all night. She way overreacted while he was unreachable.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Lindz said:

I think Iris & Keith continue because we haven't seen that foreplay dice scene yet. 😂

I think Deonna & Greg continue because they don't have any serious issues, that we've seen.

I hope Elizabeth & Jamie divorce because he's abusive & they're too dysfunctional. 

I think Matt & Amber continue because we haven't seen Raven tell her he saw Matt with a girl. It's a toss up. They're an odd couple. He disrespected her by staying out all night. She way overreacted while he was unreachable.

I agree about the first three couples, for the most part:

Iris & Keith will probably stay together at D-Day if Keith decides he's "all in" with Iris and ready to commit to a real-life marriage. Keith is too smart/'respectful' of her special status to "deflower" Iris sooner, and Iris unfortunately seems to interperet his patience as rejection --so we'll see what happens.

Deonnna & Greg are boring to me -and they may not last out a year- but I do think they'll choose to stay together at D-Day. 

And I hope Elizabeth and/or Jamie choose divorce; if they stay together it would be horrible.

...But I'm hoping Matt & Amber will end it, too. One/both of them need to stop"

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1

It was interesting last week when they were showing previews it said for the first time in the show's history, they are giving the people the opportunity to get out now. Why would they pull that option out of thin air unless something was brewing? 

My guess is that things got so bad for Elizabeth and Jamie that they inserted this "get out" option in order to have a somewhat orderly exit from the show for these two. Jamie does not seem like the crawling back begging type. I think he's done with her and knows that if he stays around, things will just get worse.

I don't like watching the abuse that's going on there. It's not entertaining at all. They both need to take advantage of this quit now option. 

Edited by configdotsys
typo
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

It was interesting last week when they were showing previews it said for the first time in the show's history, they are giving the people the opportunity to get out now. Why would they pull that option out of thin air unless something was brewing? 

Probably from backlash over the Luke saga.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Probably from backlash over the Luke saga.

Which they should've added because of Tristan & Mia. Then Luke happened & we couldn't take it anymore! 😂😂

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

But haven't they technically always had that option? You can't force someone to stay married. Miami Heather pulled the plug on her marriage literally the day she got back from her honeymoon, so what, a week in? And she was done - she had to keep the filming schedule (as did he) but once she she said she wanted out, that was it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Empress, that's why I'd really like to find out exactly what is in those secret contracts that all MAFS participants have to sign.

It seems pretty clear (to me) that the contracts contain some rather severe penalties for quitting "early".

But, if certain posters up-thread are correct, they may have decided to add a new 'option' that would allow some couples (exceptionally disasterous couples like 'Puke' & Kate, and 'Sneery' & 'Big Red') to quit after one month.

I hope it's true!

• Love 4
15 hours ago, configdotsys said:

have a somewhat orderly exit from the show

But.. we have seen them in the final decision day episode snippets

Edited by ShowFan

Yes they can quit, but most people aren't quitters and don't think the marriage is that bad.  Surely the wives in abusive marriages didn't think they were being abused. 😅 They want to try & at least make it the entire duration. 😂😂 No one is as strong as Heather. Cuz if you can't even discuss & work through the issues, issa wrap! Maybe actually checking in & asking will help unhealthy marriages end sooner!

Edited by Lindz

As I recall, last season the experts pointedly asked Kate and Luke if they wanted to stay married well before decision day.

They are probably prohibited from directly recommending that a couple split, but the offer was clearly on the table. Pastor Cal's eyes seemed to be pleading with Kate to leave!

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, 2727 said:

As I recall, last season the experts pointedly asked Kate and Luke if they wanted to stay married well before decision day.

They are probably prohibited from directly recommending that a couple split, but the offer was clearly on the table. Pastor Cal's eyes seemed to be pleading with Kate to leave!

There was another instance where Jessica said that in her practice, when she encountered couples that behaved as one couple on the show did (I can't remember which one she was talking about), she recommended that they break up or at the very least, set boundaries about not tolerating that behavior. And didn't they ask Tristan what he wanted to do when the Mia stuff came out and he said he wanted to stay? He should have left on the spot, but once he said he was staying there's nothing anyone can do. Same with Kate.

The experts don't have power over these people. I'd guess that in this case, "breach of contract" would mean failing to film for the requisite amount of time (that's why they kept showing Heather and Derek meeting with random people to dissect their marriage - this was before the couples interacted with each other on the show), not getting divorced. If there's a financial benefit to sticking around for a certain time, that's one thing (and we don't know that), but even then, if you thought it was worth it to forfeit whatever that is, you'd do so. The show can't make people stay or leave. Hell - friends and family can't make people stay or leave a relationship. 

• Love 3

I think after a month of living together, you would know if you want to continue.  Why continue with obstacles that have to be fixed?  I don’t believe in fixed up marriages from the start.  It’s hard enough if you love someone.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I think after a month of living together, you would know if you want to continue.  Why continue with obstacles that have to be fixed?  I don’t believe in fixed up marriages from the start.  It’s hard enough if you love someone.

I wish I could like this post 1000x. 

Amber's eyes look psycho in the group pic. And Deonna does not look preggo so her absence on Unfiltered is still a mystery. 

• Love 12

Iris is the only cast member that changed her outfits/hair for her appearances on Unfiltered.

The rest wore the same disastrous clothing choice for their time on JamieO’s panel of fun.

TitsOut front missing pink romper for Beth.

Unflattering rumpled Aqua romper for Teach

Three quartered sleeved Snugly for JamieO with doll hair extensions.

Deonna has yet to appear on Unfiltered so still waiting....but it looks like she got the memo and is wearing a romper.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I wish I could like this post 1000x. 

Amber's eyes look psycho in the group pic. And Deonna does not look preggo so her absence on Unfiltered is still a mystery. 

Deonna is not one to talk anything about herself, so she probably went on with the stipulation that she wouldn’t want to go on Unfiltered.  Something strange and secretive about her at this point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Iris is the only cast member that changed her outfits/hair for her appearances on Unfiltered.

The rest wore the same disastrous clothing choice for their time on JamieO’s panel of fun.

TitsOut front missing pink romper for Beth.

Unflattering rumpled Aqua romper for Teach

Three quartered sleeved Snugly for JamieO with doll hair extensions.

Deonna has yet to appear on Unfiltered so still waiting....but it looks like she got the memo and is wearing a romper.

Th only cast member missing from the cast photo is Iris’s virginity. Maybe she didn’t have anything suitable to wear. I like the way Iris’s head is strategically placed to cover Elizabeth’s boob overshare. I think Deonna is wearing a romper but the color is great, it’s neither too low cut nor too short and she is positively beaming...

• LOL 10
  • Love 8

Prepare yourselves: MAFSfan posted an Instagram story with photos of one of the couples together, and it’s not who you would think. Surprise, surprise- it’s Jamie and Beth. This should be interesting how we go from name calling and table flipping to a yes on D-day......

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

Prepare yourselves: MAFSfan posted an Instagram story with photos of one of the couples together, and it’s not who you would think. Surprise, surprise- it’s Jamie and Beth. This should be interesting how we go from name calling and table flipping to a yes on D-day......

Actually I think it's a good thing because they deserve each other.  I just hope they don't live to close to the neighbors because neighbors don't deserve their squabbling asses.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

It's 3 more months of pay and they really don't have to live together.

Do you know for a fact that they are being paid after D-day? I can’t imagine why they would be once the show ends and the cameras are gone......

• Useful 1

It just seems that they ALL stay married at D-Day now, even though many of them say they want a divorce  at the Reunion, so I am just assuming they are getting paid for staying together at Decision Day, which really doesn't seem to be that anymore. And, yes, I know there are couples who know right way, but most of them stay married.

• Love 2