Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E16: Eviction #5, Head of Household #6

• Start Topic

I hope this is tonights’s thread; the ep number seems right.

“May I hug you?”

Oh FUCK no you may not get the fuck away from me.  

And her victim noises in the backyard were infuriating.

“Who else was I going to put up beside [Bayleigh]?” Umm, literally ANYONE else you crotchmonster.

Oh my god I didn’t think things could get worse, and then Christmas went completely apeshit with her screaming and clapping like a fucking lunatic, knowing that she can get away with that shit.  Please let her get up and out this goddamned week.

Da’Vonne gives the BEST speeches.

Poor Cody.  Blindsided with his grandpa’s death, with a DR camera in his face.

• Love 13

Now I remember why I thought Christmas was a bitch...

Also, from the side view of this comp it looks a liiiitle like 'hold onto these dildos until you fall off'. Just sayin'

I dislike this season so I'm really not going to invest the time into breaking down my opinions so I'll leave that to y'all.

• LOL 5

Well here goes nothing. I'm not sure if this thread is even open because it should be filled with several replies by 10:30. Hope I am posting in the right place. Anyway....

If Davonne wants to stay in the game she best hold onto that wall like her LIFE depends on it. I sooooo want to see her become HOH and pit Christmas against someone that NO ONE will vote for ensuring she and her jingle bell sound effect get bounced to the jury.

Ha, Christmas is used to coasting by on her good looks and supreme body and not having someone not star struck by them and  won't be cowed. Loved seeing her get put on blast.

I would not be surprised is Production lobbied hard in the DR to get Day to remain in the house. She has long been a CBS favorite and Bay would be more expendable. I do like Bay but early on in the episode I still couldn't see why she was blaming Tyler. He couldn't make Christmas do what they all wanted.

For the first time ever Ian actually made me laugh with his bit with the towel.

The longer this goes on the harder it is to wrap my mind around the idea that Super Stars Kaysar and Janelle are at home while players like Mephis who just sits around like a bump on the log and Kevin who appears for all the world to have wandered in off the street accidently roams the house with nothing to do, no strategy, no apparent allies. These players contribute zero entertainment value and are taking up valuable space.

• Love 9

Kevin and Ian are both such non-entities. 

Sorry, but both Bay and Day annoyed me with starting that fight. Christmas putting them up was a complete game move, and made total sense to put them both up together! Whenever you have a strong pair, you have to nominate them both to insure one goes home. Bay said Day was her #2, both of them are not in the alliance, obviously they both get nominated. They are both way too emotional.

And Day, if you don’t want people thinking you are crazy, don’t act crazy! I can’t see at all what Christmas did wrong here. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Kevin sending condolences to Cody's family after his vote was classy and kind.

Memphis only appears for a few seconds, but he really reeks of douche, doesn't he?

So sad for Day and Bay. Yeah, people get targeted and voted out and that's the game, blah blah blah, but they're playing it under a whole different kind of lens. So upsetting (but enlightening) to hear them explain it, knowing that this shit will probably take a real long time to change.

• Love 18

The best things about this episode are National Rutabaga Day really showed her viciousness and Bay gets away from these toxic people.  The rest of them are now stuck with each other for a couple months or so.  First one in the jury house gets a week of peace, unless they pull a double.

Why does the evictee have to wear a mask to talk to Julie from 10 feet away?  They've basically been quarantined for a month now and regularly tested.

Otherwise;  ugh.

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

So sad for Day and Bay. Yeah, people get targeted and voted out and that's the game, blah blah blah, but they're playing it under a whole different kind of lens. So upsetting (but enlightening) to hear them explain it, knowing that this shit will probably take a real long time to change.

I did not like (nor was I particularly kind to)  Bayleigh in BB20, but I have to say that she has shown a lot of grace and maturity during this season.  She's not perfect (no one is) and I will always side-eye the Swaggy thing, but I thought she handled herself exceptionally well.  It's sad that she had to feel so much pressure to do so, but I hope she knows that she did a marvelous job.

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 17
46 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

Kevin and Ian are both such non-entities. 

Sorry, but both Bay and Day annoyed me with starting that fight. Christmas putting them up was a complete game move, and made total sense to put them both up together! Whenever you have a strong pair, you have to nominate them both to insure one goes home. Bay said Day was her #2, both of them are not in the alliance, obviously they both get nominated. They are both way too emotional.

And Day, if you don’t want people thinking you are crazy, don’t act crazy! I can’t see at all what Christmas did wrong here. 🤷‍♀️

I don't know if they were upset for being nominated per say, what I got out of it was Bay was mad because she trusted Christmas with information thinking she and Christmas had each other's backs and then Christmas used the info against them. Which I totally understand. I mean do you think if someone like Dani, who is in her alliance, told her they are in a final 2 with Nicole for example, Nicole and Dani would have been up there on the block? I don't think so. And maybe it has nothing to do with race, maybe it has everything to do with the fact that Bay and Day aren't in her alliance so of course she's going to use the information against them but then, that's EXACTLY what Bay was mad about! She trusted Christmas and Christmas stabbed her in the back. Plain and simple. And she has every right to feel mad and hurt. 

Then Day was trying to explain this all to Christmas and she just wouldn't hear it and it escalated from there. 

• Love 12

I just can't relate to the BETRAYAL IF IT ALL with some of these people. I would trust no one in that house and just take gameplay as gameplay. The way I would feel safe is if I won when needed and protected myself. 

• Love 9

My take on the Christmas and Bay situation?   Everyone is eventually going to be on the block sooner or later.  It’s part of the game. HOH can put up whoever they want for whatever reasons. Also part of the game.  Hamsters should accept this and deal with this reality. 
But nominees are entitled to be pissed off, or not, and have no obligation to make the HOH feel good about it. 
Christmas, you don’t get to be mad about your nominees being mad about being nominated. You decided to put them up and one of them is going to get voted out because of your choice.  If they’re pissed at you, suck it up. That’s part of the game too. 

and on a slightly less analytical note, these hamster all suck and this season is soooooooooooooo fucking dull. 

• Love 24

The funniest line was actually

Bayleigh in interview: "I just felt very betrayed by her relationship with me.  It was too close, we did laundry together."

The interview didn't make sense at times, it felt like it was being biased.  Julie Chen said everybody could see from the HLs how Bayleigh had been betrayed [really?].  Then when she explained about Tyler being particularly close to Christmas she didn't follow it up by saying that that is maybe why Christmas wasn't about to backdoor him.  And when she named The Committee members and Bayleigh said 'eek' her reply was 'exactly'.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

The interview didn't make sense at times, it felt like it was being biased.  Julie Chen said everybody could see from the HLs how Bayleigh had been betrayed [really?].  Then when she explained about Tyler being particularly close to Christmas she didn't follow it up by saying that that is maybe why Christmas wasn't about to backdoor him.  And when she named The Committee members and Bayleigh said 'eek' her reply was 'exactly'.

Yeah, I thought this was one of the worst Julie interviews ever. It was pretty clear that she was trying to protect the show by asking questions that Bayleigh could* possibly react to. Like, how can Bayleigh react to if the broadcast version was accurate when she hasn't seen it? Will be very interested to see what Bayleigh says when she sees what was shown.

All in all, I think Bayleigh kept it classy and I do hope that she elaborates about the situation to the viewers who don't watch the feeds who may think that she over reacted.

*couldn't

Edited by grandmabegum
Could should be couldn't
  • Love 6

Da'Vonne was stirring things up that episode, and it was entertaining but she should own it.  And while some have talked about when Da'Vonne would blow up they have also said exactly the same about Christmas, so people weren't simply thinking on racial lines.  Luckily I was able to see some live feed clips off youtube this season before CBS took the channel down for good.  They very much want to create their own storyline as usual.

• Love 3

Da'Vonne talking about pulling a trigger, sticking a knife in over nominations.  Da'Vonne saying her and Bayleigh weren't a duo, that's funny right there.  And then Da'Vonne going out into the garden saying she is a victim.  Bayleigh wouldn't even let Christmas finish speaking.  Then Bayleigh brings race into it with the others.  Da'Vonne coming back saying 'I'm back, I'm back' telling Christmas to shut up and calling her a coward.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I have no clue why Bayleigh and Da'Vonne are so upset.  They had the easiest Veto competition to win and they both failed immediately.   Why can't they own it?   And as much as I don't like some of the things that Christmas says, she has a valid point.  Everything is game.

It looked like Da'Vonne was complaining about the HoH competition, saying she got a question wrong and Christmas didn't have to do anything.  I get that she's frustrated, but that competition was set up like it always is on Big Brother.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

It looked like Da'Vonne was complaining about the HoH competition, saying she got a question wrong and Christmas didn't have to do anything.  I get that she's frustrated, but that competition was set up like it always is on Big Brother.

I don't think she was complaining about he competition. She was just negating Christmas' win. As in..."Christmas didn't really win. It was just that lost."  I agree with her, but I do understand that's the way the competition is set up.

(isn't that the way Christmas gets most of her wins? 🤣)

• Love 10

@MitaJo and @Callaphera- great posts.  When Day went out into the backyard, so overcome with emotion about how Groundhog Day can yell and clap all she wants but if Day did that?  Or Bay?  It would be perceived completely different.  I felt Day's anguish in that moment.  I cannot, literally, imagine how it must feel to be locked in that house and not be able to react like everyone else gets to react - and if you do, you're scary and unhinged and a stereotype.

Flag Day did NOT need to make the comment that she was going upstairs to hide in her HOH room and lock the door.  She is awful and I need her to go to jury as fast as possible, and she can take her "untouchable" Tyler with her.  So unfortunately that probably means they'll be the final 2.

And to think how excited and giddy I was about this season.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19

Did I see all this right?

In BB19, National Dress Up Your Pet Day breaks her stupid foot, goes to the hospital, and casts her vote from there.

Earlier this week, Tyler is blowing a head gasket and Allison Groedner herself wanders in to talk him down.

Cody's grandfather dies, and they leave him a note on a pillow.

Does that seem incongruous?

Let Julie or someone he's close to on the staff deliver the news. Hell, fly a relative out and give them an hour.  Fly Cody to the funeral and back. Something.  At least let him have a goddamn phone call.  (Unless they did and didn't show it.)

Err on the side of compassion, CBS.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Let Julie or someone he's close to on the staff deliver the news. Hell, fly a relative out and give them an hour.  Fly Cody to the funeral and back. Something.  At least let him have a goddamn phone call.  (Unless they did and didn't show it.)

They can't disrupt their precious game to be compassionate. /eyeroll

They wouldn't even let the man call home. Sad.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, MitaJo said:

They can't disrupt their precious game to be compassionate. /eyeroll

They wouldn't even let the man call home. Sad.

Everyone reacts to events like this differently.  But if they weren't going to help me out, I would have peaced out and flown back home.

Edited by phlebas
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Everyone reacts to events like this differently.  But if they weren't going to help me out, I would have peaced out and flown back home.

Most definitely! I would have left period if someone I was close to passed away. Family or friend.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MitaJo said:

Most definitely! I would have left period if someone I was close to passed away. Family or friend.

I could understand if Cody wanted the distraction of staying in the game. He would know what's best for him.

But to not give him a phone call or a visit or something?  Nope nope nope.

15 minutes ago, phlebas said:

But to not give [Cody] a phone call or a visit or something?  Nope nope nope.

While I hate defending this piece of shit show, this is how it's always gone. The family has the right to not inform the HG of the family death (an uncle of Nicole Franzel's passed away in one of her earlier seasons, her family opted not to tell her). The HG has the right to leave the game and return home once notified. 

Derrick and Frankie lost their grandfathers within days of each other on BB16. Sam lost his grandfather on BB21. All of those times it was handled the same way: a letter from the family in the DR, no phone call or visit. 

Keep in mind also that this wasn't an unexpected death. Cody's grandfather was battling cancer, I believe, and he knew going into the house that his grandfather might not make it through the end of the show. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, MitaJo said:

Why is that that Xmas can be upset and yell but Bay/Day aren't allowed?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, exactly.

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

@MitaJo and @Callaphera- great posts.  When Day went out into the backyard, so overcome with emotion about how Groundhog Day can yell and clap all she wants but if Day did that?  Or Bay?  It would be perceived completely different.

🤣

1 hour ago, phlebas said:

Cody's grandfather dies, and they leave him a note on a pillow.

Does that seem incongruous?

That was so sad, I was crying!

• Love 2

Julie needs to stop interjecting her thoughts and "wisdom" into the broadcasts. It's become her thing... "And remember, give a man a fish he'll eaty for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime." *eye roll*

Also she recast Day and Bay as Thelma and Louise no the live broadcast... umm... Julie?? You know the two drove off a cliff to their deaths in the end right? Maybe NOT the best comparison to draw upon. It instantly made everyone uncomfortable (or so it seemed to me).

Also that was a trainwreck of an interview.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Memphis only appears for a few seconds, but he really reeks of douche, doesn't he?

Memphis comes off like the guy who'd be your best friend in the world...right up until someone more popular showed up.

12 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Why does the evictee have to wear a mask to talk to Julie from 10 feet away?  They've basically been quarantined for a month now and regularly tested.

It's pointless virtue-signaling: "Look how CAREFUL we're being and stuff!" If they were REALLY interested in being careful, they'd have Julie wear the damn mask, given that she's not being quarantined.

12 hours ago, MadLove said:

Anybody know who won the HOH competition?

12 hours ago, leocadia said:

@MadLove You can check out the live feed summary thread.  We can't post the result here because it's a spoiler.

Live Feed Summary

The Big Brother 22 Wikipedia page is kept up-to-date with the HoH results, nominations, and Veto comp results. That's how we found out [SPOILER REDACTED] won last night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_22_(American_season)

11 hours ago, Iguana said:

Christmas, you don’t get to be mad about your nominees being mad about being nominated. You decided to put them up and one of them is going to get voted out because of your choice.  If they’re pissed at you, suck it up. That’s part of the game too. 

It comes back to the whole "Only I am allowed to play this game, and everyone else is supposed to just accept my masterful strategizing" shtick.

1 hour ago, phlebas said:

I think they did. Cody walks into the room, says "Hmm, there's a letter here", opens it and immediately starts sobbing before he even unfolds it completely. No way he'd have time to read and process it that fast. I think production DID tell him, then asked him to leave the DR, come back in and pretend to read the letter. I'd have preferred to just have the screen go black with a message saying "Cody is informed by the producers that his grandfather passed away," then show the reactions and whatnot.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Can we have one episode this season that race doesn’t get brought up?!? 

Jesus,Christ. It’s getting old. 

Yes, yes it is.  Now, I may have missed out on some stuff on live feeds, but from what they showed, Day and Bay make it all about race every single time something happens. It's old. 

• Love 2

I also remember, from that now deleted live feed clips channel, how Da'Vonne was bragging about being a great actress and how she was crying before Cody, sometime earlier in the week, in what she called an Oscar worthy performance.  So she does try and use sympathy and emotion for tactical gain as well, she admitted it.

Edited by amazingracefan
11 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Imagine how the non-white HGs feel. I'm sure they'd like to have a Big Brother experience like a Nicole Franzel or a Tyler Crispen does. Unfortunately race keeps coming up for them because they aren't a Franzel or a Tyler.

It's a few minutes within an hour long show. Considering what POCs have to go through in life, a few minutes of broadcast time isn't that big of a deal. 

But...they are the ones who make race an issue.  Why?! 

• Love 1
Just now, Cherry Cola said:

But...they are the ones who make race an issue.  Why?! 

No, they aren't. Race is an issue in the world. The game is happening in the world. Are they just supposed to pretend that they aren't black and hope everyone else does, too? That's not how life works. 

• Love 18

I love Da'Vonne, she is easily the most entertaining person in the DR. But I have a hard time sympathizing with her or Bayleigh. They were so baffled why Christmas didn't accept "the gift" of Tyler offering himself up. Uh . . . could it be because she's aligned with him? I mean, how hard is that to figure out? Why did they keep asking her and themselves this over and over? That's how the whole fight started. 

Then Julie asks Bayleigh who she thinks Christmas's untouchable is and Bayleigh says either Dani or Nicole. {headsmack} You were spilling your guts to them too!!!

I just think Da'Vonne and Bayleigh were hopelessly naive thinking they could form some kind of girl alliance without suspecting those girls were already aligned with the boys. Especially since they themselves were aligned with some of them early on. This isn't brain surgery. Dani and Nicole latch onto the boys - that's their one and only MO. It's the only game they know. 

At the end of the day, Day and Bay should have listened to Kaysar and Janelle. They didn't, and that's on them. They kept spilling their guts to the people who were targeting them, and that's on them. 

There are six people in this "committee" alliance, and then three others who think they're aligned with one or some of them. That leaves only Day and Kevin who would nominate anyone inside of it. Talk about boring.

Finally, it felt terribly exploitative to film Cody reacting to news of his grandfather's death. That said, he makes it to final 2, he says "I did this for my grandpa," turns on the waterworks, and wins hands-down.

Just hand him the cash right now.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I just think Da'Vonne and Bayleigh were hopelessly naive thinking they could form some kind of girl alliance without suspecting those girls were already aligned with the boys.

I think they were naive to think they, as black players, were going to actually be real members of the power alliance lol. They should have known the real alliance running the game was one they were not part of. But I also can see why they wanted to believe Slick Six was real and was the power alliance. And credit to the rest of that fake alliance; most of them were decent at giving Day and Bay the sense that it was real. 

7 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Just hand [Cody] the cash right now.

He’s been set up to win since pre-game so yea let’s just fast forward to it already!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Also she recast Day and Bay as Thelma and Louise no the live broadcast... umm... Julie?? You know the two drove off a cliff to their deaths in the end right? Maybe NOT the best comparison to draw upon. 

That was definitely weird.  Good thing Day won $5k instead of a car, or I might think Julie was trying to tell her something...

24 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Cody walks into the room, says "Hmm, there's a letter here", opens it and immediately starts sobbing before he even unfolds it completely. No way he'd have time to read and process it that fast. I think production DID tell him, then asked him to leave the DR, come back in and pretend to read the letter. 

My take on this was: When Cody walked in and saw the envelope, he probably knew right away what it meant. He knew coming in to the game that his grandfather was ill and might not make it, and I’m sure that was on his mind. So he opened the letter, caught a glimpse of the first line that probably said something like “I’m sorry to tell you PopPop...” and that’s all he needed to see to have his fears confirmed and burst into tears. Just a guess, but it definitely could have happened in that time frame. 

13 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Yes, yes it is.  Now, I may have missed out on some stuff on live feeds, but from what they showed, Day and Bay make it all about race every single time something happens. It's old. 

Hours and hours of footage are distilled into the few minutes that make it onto the show. So if something is made “all about race” (or anything else, for that matter), it’s because the editors have made it so. 

I don’t think race has been a major component of any episode, actually. I think the major components have been douchebaggery and boredom.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Finally, it felt terribly exploitative to film Cody reacting to news of his grandfather's death.

Yes. This made me so uncomfortable. And once he got the news there was nowhere private or even dark to hide and grieve. What a nightmare. 

What struck me the most last night was how Christmas and Day & Bay were playing 2 completely different games. Christmas was playing plain old Big Brother. Day & Bay were playing Big Brother overlaid with this huge burden of constantly monitoring themselves so as not to play into negative stereotypes of Angry Black Women and possibly other stereotypes that didn't get mentioned. How exhausting for them. To make things worse, Christmas seemed unaware or dismissive of this. It was like a microcosm of real life. 

It made me feel very sad, but I know in the future I'll remember it. I bet a lot of people will, and that's really good. 

• Love 13

Both Da'Vonne and Baleigh are known to have blown up in the past (Bayleigh described herself as crazy a few days ago), to claim that it's simply about race doesn't make sense.  That could even play into the stereotype of the ABW by saying all are the same.

The whole BLM story hanging over this year definitely affected things more too.  They were both hoping by the end that they would get some twist where the public would be voting and that it could favour them.  They don't represent all POC, just themselves.  And similarly non-POC people just represent themselves.  The race talk in this situation could automatically put some people on the defensive and make game moves into a more political situation.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

Julie needs to stop interjecting her thoughts and "wisdom" into the broadcasts. It's become her thing... "And remember, give a man a fish he'll eaty for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime." *eye roll*

Also she recast Day and Bay as Thelma and Louise no the live broadcast... umm... Julie?? You know the two drove off a cliff to their deaths in the end right? Maybe NOT the best comparison to draw upon. It instantly made everyone uncomfortable (or so it seemed to me).

Also that was a trainwreck of an interview.

Why is Julie so terrible without her live studio audience?  I mean, the woman is a seasoned television reporter/interviewer - wasn't she a news anchor at one time?  This season she's tripping and stumbling over her words, is absolutely cringe-worthy at ad-libbing, makes bizarre observations ("Dani, yesterday you looked beautiful - like that beautiful actress Busy Phillips!" - ???).  I think she's making the houseguests uncomfortable as well - the "Thelma and Louise" quip landed like a lead balloon, and her fortune-cookie sign-offs seems like she's speaking to someone in code.  In a season already as weird as this one, she's the rotten cherry in the birthday cake.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

While I hate defending this piece of shit show, this is how it's always gone. The family has the right to not inform the HG of the family death (an uncle of Nicole Franzel's passed away in one of her earlier seasons, her family opted not to tell her). The HG has the right to leave the game and return home once notified. 

Derrick and Frankie lost their grandfathers within days of each other on BB16. Sam lost his grandfather on BB21. All of those times it was handled the same way: a letter from the family in the DR, no phone call or visit. 

Keep in mind also that this wasn't an unexpected death. Cody's grandfather was battling cancer, I believe, and he knew going into the house that his grandfather might not make it through the end of the show. 

Yeah, I get all that.  I think it would bother me less if they had been at all consistent with this Hard And Fast Rule.  But they assemble a trauma team because Tyler misses Angela and isn't having fun and wants to be a BLM ally.  And Christmas gets to literally phone it in from a hospital bed.

If Cody decided to leave, I'm sure CBS would have helped get him home as quickly as possible.  But their "no outside contact" rule has gotten a little porous for stupid reasons.

• Love 4