Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S05.E13: Welcome Back

Recommended Posts

Quote

Down a stew in the wake of Hannah’s departure, Bugsy fights to keep the interior afloat with a skeptical Jess by her side. Malia struggles to manage a frustrated deck team, while helping Tom navigate his first charter. Finally, the interior team is relieved when a new Second Stew arrives onboard.

Airs August 24, 2020.

Share this post


Link to post

I have the popcorn ready for tonight’s episode. I was listening to a podcast with one of the BDM producers and the host. They all seem to know who the new second stew arriving is. Is it all over social media like Hannas firing was? Can someone clue me in or post a link? Spoiler Alert style of course.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Spoiler

It's Aesha. My ears are already bleeding from the thought of hearing that screeching voice and laugh she has.

 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, dsteele said:
  Reveal spoiler

It's Aesha. My ears are already bleeding from the thought of hearing that screeching voice and laugh she has.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Maybe Tom should stop poaching food for these guests?

You would think he would have learned that lesson with the lobsters.
 

These guests are beyond disgusting! I wouldn’t have been surprised if they had farted and burped at the dinner table. In particular, white jacket with no shirt, feeling his wife (?) up at the table.

Edited by pieinmyeye
  • Like 17
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Rob is very weird and so am I, which is why I like  him.  But taking relationship advice from Mal-ia is about the dumbest thing you can do.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

22 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

“That’s pink like a mother fucker!”

I really expected to hear some other comparison to something pink, coming from this guest.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Why isn’t Sandy asking about chef perfect’s food? I can’t wait for Johnny Damon and his wife to complain about everything. Sandy has now moved on to bullying Jess over laundry. If she only did laundry and ignored the guests Sandy would be mad about that too. Go drive the damn boat Sandy. I can’t stand Aesha, but I can’t wait for her crassness to annoy Bugsy and Malia for the rest of the season.

43 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Rob is very weird and so am I, which is why I like  him.  But taking relationship advice from Mal-ia is about the dumbest thing you can do.

Poor thing doesn’t know any better.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I really expected to hear some other comparison to something pink, coming from this guest.  

That’s what the old guy said when was taking photos of the Russian snow bunny!

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I was going to say all the male guests were so gross, but then I remembered the female guest wanting to get pictures of her ass in portrait mode.   So, all gross.

And yeah, Chef, these guys aren’t down with poaching food.

Captain Sandy having preference meeting for Johnny Damon with a Brit and South African who would have no clue who he is but acting like he needs no introduction.  Mmmkay.

Not just her ass, her taint. 
 

I really hate that word. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, spunky said:

Why isn’t Sandy asking about chef perfect’s food? I can’t wait for Johnny Damon and his wife to complain about everything. Sandy has now moved on to bullying Jess over laundry. If she only did laundry and ignored the guests Sandy would be mad about that too. Go drive the damn boat Sandy. I can’t stand Aesha, but I can’t wait for her crassness to annoy Bugsy and Malia for the rest of the season.

Poor thing doesn’t know any better.

I have to laugh, but I want to cry.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Lol shitty episode. So Malia is a sous chef now I guess. Tom is a spazzy little dick I’m over his shit already. Malia can fuck off too.

Sandy is a piece of shit.

Alex going shirtless wasn’t funny the first time. Get a new thing.

Ugh Aesha.

  • Like 19
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Marley said:

Tom is a spazzy little dick

I imagine Kiko was just too damn nice and put out good food except for once. I'm thinking Malia and Tom deserve each other.
 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

20 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Hey, Malia - I know things are different on a super-yacht, but it's also a HUGE "HR" problem when you refer to your employees as "fuckers"!!!!  

Yes and it’s obviously different but it isn’t any more appropriate than Pete calling her “sweetie”.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I don't care what Tom says - I've had poached chicken and chicken prepared sous vide and it was never pink inside.  Pink chicken is raw chicken!!!! 

Indeed it is.  It's hard to believe Chef Tom doesn't understand this common fact.  Gordon Ramsey would have his head on a platter.

34 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Hey, Malia - I know things are different on a super-yacht, but it's also a HUGE "HR" problem when you refer to your employees as "fuckers"!!!!  

It's okay if it's one of teacher's pets doing the name calling.  Somehow Malia got the support and Rob was left demoralized. 

  • Like 17
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I haven’t watched the last episode and I thought maybe I’d just skip watching Hannah be treated so poorly and pick up with this episode but .... I’m just not feeling it.
I’m not Interested in seeing abusive Sandy or snake Malia. Jess interests me but not if Sandy is barking at her and Tom sounds like a yuk. Who or what is worth watching?

Maybe I’m done?

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

34 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

Tom, your old boss would like a word...

 

EZMFLTF.jpg

Chef Perfect is one of the whiniest Englishmen I have ever seen.  Kiko would totally kick Tom's butt.  Then there is Mal-ia.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I have noticed that Sandy will tell Jess to keep the laundry going, do this, do that, why wouldn't she go to Bugsy first about anything to do with a stew and their performance issues, that is what a department head is for and if Jess had a doctor's appointment why wouldn't Bugsy go to Sandy and tell/ask her if it is okay to go? If I were Bugsy I would be pissed if one of my stews did not tell me first, she should be the one to go to the captain. 

Malia should have pulled Rob aside to discuss anything, not in front of Sandy. 

Both Malia and Sandy have no management training.  

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

These guests are beyond disgusting! I wouldn’t have been surprised if they had farted and burped at the dinner table. In particular, white jacket with no shirt, feeling his wife (?) up at the table.

I could have done without seeing that guy in the elephant thong.

What is that with men that they cannot tell the difference between right and wrong that sitting with friends and family is not the time to pull a woman's top open trying to expose her and then being surprised with a harsh reaction. 

 

  • Like 17
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Not just her ass, her taint. 
 

I really hate that word. 

I learn so much slang on this board

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Ugh...Malia. Hovering over Tom in the galley. Pulling him aside several times for pep talks after he screws up or complains about making a chocolate cake. Referring to her deck crew as boys and f-ers but expecting them to respect her. She’s a nightmare. 

Jess complaint about all the work she does when that’s to be expected while down a stew and her delusions that she is qualified to be second stew. Meanwhile she and Rob are still sneaking off the whine (Rob) and make out. She just doesn’t want to work hard, but gets an attitude literally any time she’s asked to do something.

Bugsy is doing a pretty good job all things considered. I wish she and Alex would just go out or drop the whole flirting thing. The whole will they or won’t they is obnoxious and I’m not invested in either of them so I don’t care.

The guests are still weird especially that older guy. The chicken didn’t look undercooked. I think it’s an American thing plus not having experience with poached food which has a completely different texture from meat cooked other ways and may look undercooked to someone who hasn’t had it a ton. Tom should stop making poached things but he probably does it because it frees him up to work on other meal items.

And Sandy...sigh. Going on and on about the laundry going 24/7 as if the girls aren’t running around constantly doing other stuff. They’re down a stew. Laundry is something that can be put on the back burner.  And she sat there while Malia was a jerk to Rob.

 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I really expected to hear some other comparison to something pink, coming from this guest.  

At first I thought he said it stinks like a mother fucker, lol

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

What a WHINER the chef is. Bitch Bitch Bitch. I got the feeling he thought he was going to get a hero edit while doing little work. 

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/24/2020 at 10:48 PM, lcarolynl said:

I haven’t watched the last episode and I thought maybe I’d just skip watching Hannah be treated so poorly and pick up with this episode but .... I’m just not feeling it.
I’m not Interested in seeing abusive Sandy or snake Malia. Jess interests me but not if Sandy is barking at her and Tom sounds like a yuk. Who or what is worth watching?

Maybe I’m done?

I'll watch because I need mindless tv on while I do boring work, but it won't be the same - nor will it be half as entertaining.  Last night's episode was a bit of a snooze fest.

I'll be curious to see how the other BD does without Kate.  Hannah and Kate were really charismatic and beacons for boat drama.

On 8/24/2020 at 11:01 PM, dangwoodchucks said:

Tonight I heard Bugs say ‘billy dancer’ and ‘dickhands’.

Funny!

On 8/24/2020 at 9:40 PM, njbchlover said:

Hey, Malia - I know things are different on a super-yacht, but it's also a HUGE "HR" problem when you refer to your employees as "fuckers"!!!!  

I was watching but must have stepped away when Malia said this.  You know you don't have respect as a leader when you have to name-call your staff to get them to do stuff.  Malia thinks she is far better than she is.  

Someone else made a good point on Twitter.  Calling women "sweethearts" and calling men "boys" are both sexist and demeaning.  Malia is such a child.

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GirlInFlux said:

Jess complaint about all the work she does when that’s to be expected while down a stew and her delusions that she is qualified to be second stew. Meanwhile she and Rob are still sneaking off the whine (Rob) and make out. She just doesn’t want to work hard, but gets an attitude literally any time she’s asked to do something.

"We keep getting interrupted (to do, you know, WORK) when we're trying to get to know one another"

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

where were they that it was going to take 5 or 6 hours to get to Ibiza? How fast do those ships go anyway? Probably not as fast as I think they do LOL. (Ibiza is about 100 miles off the coast of Spain)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size