Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, UT2004gal said:

I was wondering if someone was going to point out this picture today! I was shocked at the size difference, but Amber is super petite and would make anyone look bigger by comparison!

This isn't current though as Taylor P retired after last year and went home to Arizona.

I do wonder if this picture has been warped a bit as the size difference does seem excessive but also remember people saying she had been on WW during the season 🤷‍♀️

Does anyone know why happened to Savannah this game? She is normally between Amber and Marissa but in the DDC IG takeover with Amber you cannot see her? I wonder if they’ve changed the orders on the deck for some reason 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, hypeman said:

Given what we know about reality shows, in general, and this one specifically, I truly believe the Tin Man disaster was staged by CMT.

Furthermore, I think the poem was intentionally chopped and screwed (meaning they took it out of order and deleted lines) to purposefully make Vivian look cray cray.

The talking heads, the fake apartments, the sob stories -- they are all put on them by the producers.  Remember the girls wear the same outfit, hair and makeup every night.  It's so easy to create any story line where they have weeks of footage.  They can make you look good or bad. Just wait for the Hannah treatment.  They'll be able to make her look bad.

The office scenes are edited to high hell.

I just want everyone to really understand that they are developing stories, drama, heroines, and villains.  What is shown is reality "adjacent".

💯 Just going to repost this so it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle...

• Love 8

I truly do not understand how you can produce a world class dance show without having the proper, original, music in place... that is sooo wrong! And bad.... 

I remember watching my first season and being confused about the choreos. They seemed “off” and not a good fit for the songs, and it wasn’t until I found this forum that I realised why. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

Does anyone know why happened to Savannah this game? She is normally between Amber and Marissa but in the DDC IG takeover with Amber you cannot see her? I wonder if they’ve changed the orders on the deck for some reason 

Elli and Rachel W also switched places so maybe they shifted some things 🤷‍♀️

On 11/1/2020 at 4:22 PM, DCCFanatic82 said:

On 11/8/2020 at 12:42 AM, Blue hues said:

Even I’m surprised to be saying this, but has anyone seen VKs bday post on her IG?  She looks STUNNING!  Such a sweet (and pink!) bday photo!  Her dress and shoes [loubetin, red soles, sorry about the spelling) are on point!  Which DCC celebrated with her?  Seems that DCC do birthdays en masse

So. MUCH. PINK!! She could have dialed that down a little. Even Elle Woods would protest. 

• LOL 15
2 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

I truly do not understand how you can produce a world class dance show without having the proper, original, music in place... that is sooo wrong! And bad.... 

I remember watching my first season and being confused about the choreos. They seemed “off” and not a good fit for the songs, and it wasn’t until I found this forum that I realised why. 

One of my main gripes and one reason it's hard for me to watch the Pluto episodes.  It's just cr*p music.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

One of my main gripes and one reason it's hard for me to watch the Pluto episodes.  It's just cr*p music.

Yes!  I actually made my brother rewatch some of last season (I won't even get into most of his observations which are awesome hearing from a non-watcher/follower LOL) but he basically said the music not matched up to the dance made it hard to watch and follow what the were doing or more how they should look (like sharp, fluid, etc.) .  He bitched a good 5 minutes how ridiculous it is that they haven't shelled out for Thunderstuck yet when I told him they don't use that either.  One thing though I did LOVE about last season was that even though they didn't use it while showing them learning the dance, the used the actually music the big choreographers used when the girls preformed it back.  I almost wonder if people like Tyce & Travis require that?  I would be pissed if I choreographed an awesome piece & then they show it with some crap music.  I believe for Jennifer C & Kashara's pieces they used other music. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

💯 Just going to repost this so it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle...

Couldn't agree more.

Vivian was edited. The rest of the solo could have been fine - they just picked out some odd 'joining' moves. And I always wondered if someone on CMT suggested to her she might like to do something special to persuade K and J - like a poem. Considering how few WOC made it in the past, it's striking how often WOC were used as a 'story', eg. Vivian and Amy. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Elli and Rachel W also switched places so maybe they shifted some things 🤷‍♀️

Also think Briana has moved from the other side of Marissa as it looks like Kat is there now... there is definitely lighter highlights in whoever it is hair 

38 minutes ago, MegzClarkie said:

Also think Briana has moved from the other side of Marissa as it looks like Kat is there now... there is definitely lighter highlights in whoever it is hair 

That’s not Kat !! Kat is on the group 4 deck 

1 hour ago, DCCEuphoric said:

Next up is Cassie!

I really like Cassie in the pom style, looks like she has some power. I hate to be that person but she looks a little soft in the tummy area. They're always so strict about that (well, depending on the TCC).

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, DCCEuphoric said:

Next up is Cassie!

Very cute girl and fun to watch! 

2 hours ago, moonpie said:

Couldn't agree more.

Vivian was edited. The rest of the solo could have been fine - they just picked out some odd 'joining' moves. And I always wondered if someone on CMT suggested to her she might like to do something special to persuade K and J - like a poem. Considering how few WOC made it in the past, it's striking how often WOC were used as a 'story', eg. Vivian and Amy. 

I really liked Vivian when she first auditioned. I didn't think she was too thick or stocky . She was curvy and I thought the uniform was actually flattering. I never understood that storyline.  Also, the "self- absorbed" edit her 2nd time in TC brought her alot of hate online. It's the same thing they tried to do with Gina. I also hate learning the mean girl "drumsticks thigh" comment from Kelli really sent her into a downward spiral of eating disorders and excessive exercising. I still don't understand how Lisa made it, when her and Vivian have the exact same body type. 

• Love 19
21 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

I really liked Vivian when she first auditioned. I didn't think she was too thick or stocky . She was curvy and I thought the uniform was actually flattering. I never understood that storyline. 

What's to understand? She just wasn't skinny enough for them 🙄 (eye roll at them, not you)

I thought she looked amazing but hey

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I really like Cassie in the pom style, looks like she has some power. I hate to be that person but she looks a little soft in the tummy area. They're always so strict about that (well, depending on the TCC).

was thinking the same thing re: tummy 😕

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

was thinking the same thing re: tummy 😕

Me too.

I think she used the time after hearing she was through to the next round to work out to be ready.

To be clear: we are talking about DCC ready. She already looks great and fit.

• Love 1

New DCC in Motion video today too. Finally we see Ashlee again. I love how she's not a real technician of dance but she's a performer. I just wish the lighting was better on this to see more of her face! 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

New DCC in Motion video today too. Finally we see Ashlee again. I love how she's not a real technician of dance but she's a performer. I just wish the lighting was better on this to see more of her face! 

Yes Ashlee was great but with other DCCinMotion videos, the dancers have bigger space to work with and better lighting even filming is better. I wish I could have visually watched her do the choreo more. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

A Shutterstock photographer named Ron Jenkins has a thing for pretty blondes. It was Amanda on October 11 and for last nights game it was...

tumblr_lx61e65H1x1qc5z09540.gif.831e3e7964926f2a86e008ba792b6a8a.gif

Oh, let me take a guess. She likes PINK and lots of it? Can fit a whole turkey dinner in her mouth with one chomp? 

23 minutes ago, DCCEuphoric said:

Surprised they didnt used Rachel W. And hello new pictures!

I am girlcrushing on Amanda, hard! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, moonpie said:

Couldn't agree more.

Was Vivian edited? Yes. But her personality comes through in podcast interviews. I think the CMT crew throwing major shade at her is justified. She really is full of herself. 

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

Yes Ashlee was great but with other DCCinMotion videos, the dancers have bigger space to work with and better lighting even filming is better. I wish I could have visually watched her do the choreo more. 

She definitely looked like she was fighting the space and having to dance smaller than usual!

• Love 3

I don’t love that shot of Madeline Malloy...think she’s got some better pics out there. I like the choices tho! Who would drop out for Rachel W? I like Savvy, Amanda and Brianna, but Madeline’s dark hair adds more pop. Rachel’s hair is more a caramel color, right? Warm dark blondeish? 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, DCCEuphoric said:

Next up is Cassie!

May be a bit ruthless but I could have gone without seeing this.

She is def soft in middle and her shorts aren't doing her any favors. Hopefully this is sorted for TC otherwise I could see an early cut, can't remember is she makes it.

Also all the butt to camera seems unnecessary and would have like at least one jump/jump split as its important they can do it.

Edited by Jesiklyn
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I've seen the pics, but Taylor always looked toned and uniform ready in her stories thru the season.  She worked out constantly and still does.  Eats right.  I would think if she looked that heavy in person, she would have been pulled from a game or two.

Taylor P looks absolutely amazing right now, she is toned as heck and is always working out on her IG stories. I doubt someone with that level of dedication would be out of shape as a DCC which makes me think this is just a bad picture at a weird angle. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

124353133_10159032426536804_2829573392740974485_o.jpg

Yaaaay Amanda and Briana. And good for Savannah. I know many think Madeline is a blender, but I think she's cute so really I can't complain about this lineup. I do hope it's just one of many. I know TPTB are probably excited to feature Rachel W. :) .

• Love 9
17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I've seen the pics, but Taylor always looked toned and uniform ready in her stories thru the season.  She worked out constantly and still does.  Eats right.  I would think if she looked that heavy in person, she would have been pulled from a game or two.

I had to go and look at some of her Instagram pictures awhile back, and she definitely looked good and toned in her DCC pics she posted. But there were several pics posted of her during games last year where she looked a little heavy/soft. Also some video that was posted recently of her in TC last year doing a dance, she looked bigger. So....who knows. She definitely didn't have rock hard abs like someone said. But she still looks good, she just has a bigger frame. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DCCEuphoric said:

Next up is Cassie!

She seemed like the first girl that wasn't actually freestyling but going through preplanned moves, so her dance seemed smoother than the others have so far. Have to agree with everyone else though, she looks really soft by DCC standards, and I'm shocked she made it through this round with only one pirouette and no kicks or leaps. She could have zero flexibility and you'd never know it based on this video.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCEuphoric said:

She advanced to TC so they defo know if she could do a split and kickline, that is round 2 of the auditions

I know they would have seen it then, but 99% of candidates show some type of split or kick or leap in prelims to show that they can do it. If I were a judge and saw this as a prelims audition, I'd be seriously worried that she didn't have the flexibility and likely wouldn't say yes to her. Just my opinion though!

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I know they would have seen it then, but 99% of candidates show some type of split or kick or leap in prelims to show that they can do it. If I were a judge and saw this as a prelims audition, I'd be seriously worried that she didn't have the flexibility and likely wouldn't say yes to her. Just my opinion though!

My opinion too, but of course, we all know that dance ability, flexibility, talent, etc mean nothing if Kelli likes the girl and/or there is potential for drama

• Love 6

I think we kinda forget that these are just their prelim freestyle vids - this isn’t what got them into training camp, they just had enough rhythm, spunk/technique and the look to get to the next round. Maybe they aren’t great at freestyle but got the choreography for semis and totally killed it. 

10 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I had to go and look at some of her Instagram pictures awhile back, and she definitely looked good and toned in her DCC pics she posted. But there were several pics posted of her during games last year where she looked a little heavy/soft. Also some video that was posted recently of her in TC last year doing a dance, she looked bigger. So....who knows. She definitely didn't have rock hard abs like someone said. But she still looks good, she just has a bigger frame. 

She may have gotten heavy/soft last year (i wasn’t really looking tbh) but she definitely doesn’t have a bigger frame - i follow her on instagram rn and she is so toned and tiny it’s crazy.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, DCCEuphoric said:

Lily didn't got cut after all lol. She is undercover as Madeline and even made the banner

OMG!!!!  I can't unsee it now 😆  Her face looks just like Lily's expressions in her cameos last year

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Having seen all the auditions videos posted so far, I'm not surprised that Marissa made the team but somehow even more appalled at the Vet cuts. So interested to see how they try and play it on the show...

• Love 22
14 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

The way USC Song Girls dance is verrryyy ballet and technique focused. They don’t do a ton of power Pom or hip hop. I think this was smart on her end. If they know she’s a Song Girl I’m sure they would wonder if she could do a powerful style, and they would know she wouldn’t  have made USC’s team without really precise technique. Clearly she demonstrated she can do a different style. 

• Useful 5
3 hours ago, suzo said:

Having seen all the auditions videos posted so far, I'm not surprised that Marissa made the team but somehow even more appalled at the Vet cuts.

Having seen Marissa's recent Tik Tok video, I am shocked she is even still on the team.

Kelli needs to perform a clean-up on aisle 7 STAT.  Marissa is not only ugly but extremely gross as well.

p.s.:  I don't have a link,  Perhaps who shared the video on FB will share it here.

• Useful 4
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Having seen Marissa's recent Tik Tok video, I am shocked she is even still on the team.

Kelli needs to perform a clean-up on aisle 7 STAT.  Marissa is not only ugly but extremely gross as well.

p.s.:  I don't have a link,  Perhaps who shared the video on FB will share it here.

Can you describe what was so shocking in the Tik Tok video?  I do not have Tik Tok lol

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I’ve seen Claire’s name thrown around in here and wondered who she was as, I’m impressed by her video on the Dcc Instagram I can see how she’s made it, she can do the style 

i thought the only claire who made the team was the redhead one whose last name started with a w?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GaveIn said:

I just went through some of them & dislike her even more now!  I was surprised all the ones I saw have been since she made the team.   I get it, she's young, blah, blah, blah but she basically has a job with a 'world-class' team and we've seen them pass on girls for way less....

I watched a few as well and it makes me more upset that Hannah isn't on the team. I didn't dislike or love Marissa before but now I don't really like Marissa anymore as a DCC. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, LonghornLove said:

The way USC Song Girls dance is verrryyy ballet and technique focused. They don’t do a ton of power Pom or hip hop. I think this was smart on her end. If they know she’s a Song Girl I’m sure they would wonder if she could do a powerful style, and they would know she wouldn’t  have made USC’s team without really precise technique. Clearly she demonstrated she can do a different style. 

Oh interesting, okay. I don't really know anything about the TCCs as far as their background or what teams they've been on, but obviously that information would be in their application packet, so the judges are probably on the same page as you. Makes more sense now. Thanks for the info!

• Love 1