Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Watching Alora-Rose, what I wanted to know was how much Jacie influenced Dementia Kelli and "I cant be bothered to use my voice anymore to Kelli and Charlotte" Judy. From what I seen Alora Rose tried out for the Rockettes the same year as Jacie's rookie year on Rockettes but didn't make it but actually made it the following year, assuming that Jacie did make it back for a second year (wasn't Jacie on Rockettes for 3 years? I vaguely remember her taking a break for 2019/2020 year for personal reasons eg engagement etc but looks like they broke up judgin by her insta?) 

Also pretty much doesnt Kelli and Judy "help" their favorites past and present etc ... how many girls who shouldn't really have got into the team but did because of their favorites eg Stephanie hayman been besties with Brooke since 2/3 grade figures if Jacie helped because Jacie still helps out at prelims and sometimes in TCC  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Even if she was a Rockette for 1 year she would have met Alora Rose because they auditioned the same year but the difference was Jacie made it her first try and Alora Rose didn't but I seem to read her insta that she made it a second year and someone asked if she was still a Rockette and she said no because she was taking a year out for personal stuff. Which I assumed was maybe she had too much going on and was getting a little burnt out

On 1/2/2021 at 9:48 PM, Holly85 said:

She wasn’t a rockette when the shut down happened she only did it in 2017-2018 

Which is interesting because she posted her 2021 "Vision Board" on Insta and it most definitely had (several) pics of her during her Rockette year. What was glaringly missing - anything DCC. 

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, Cure4Anxiety said:

Which is interesting because she posted her 2021 "Vision Board" on Insta and it most definitely had (several) pics of her during her Rockette year. What was glaringly missing - anything DCC. 

They can’t post anything dcc wise 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Cure4Anxiety said:

Fair - should have clarified nothing Dallas related. Be it the city, Cowboys, etc. Just made me think she wants to return to NYC this year. 

She might 

What’s everyone’s guess for retirement !! 
mine are tess maddie Rachel a savannah Kristin jayln Taylor j Brianna Lexie maybe Gina 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

If the world gets back to “normal”, it will be interesting to see what rookies stay. Alora Rose should head back to NY. Sydney may or may not have moved to follow a player. Marisa would likely go back to school in NY (unless she opts to go home to be near her boyfriend which I totally get considering) and people like Shannon said they auditioned because their plans were cancelled...don’t know how many other girls did the same. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Katmcc said:

If the world gets back to “normal”, it will be interesting to see what rookies stay. Alora Rose should head back to NY. Sydney may or may not have moved to follow a player. Marisa would likely go back to school in NY (unless she opts to go home to be near her boyfriend which I totally get considering) and people like Shannon said they auditioned because their plans were cancelled...don’t know how many other girls did the same. 

Honestly with the news Marissa got regarding her boyfriend I think she will retire !! Her boyfriend moved here with her 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Cure4Anxiety said:

Wheres on instagram is this vision board she posted? I don't follow her on instagram 

Edited by Uk-Eve
On 1/2/2021 at 8:07 AM, Jess14 said:

I have to think that ten or even a few years ago, Charlotte would’ve had no issue taking her to task on camera for “getting political.” 

Completely agree!  Although I have never felt comfortable with them asking these girls to know about politics and world events as part of the interview process.  It’s like look pretty, be able to understand and regurgitate all information on command, but please keep your politics and opinions to yourself.  Ugh!  

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

Completely agree!  Although I have never felt comfortable with them asking these girls to know about politics and world events as part of the interview process.  It’s like look pretty, be able to understand and regurgitate all information on command, but please keep your politics and opinions to yourself.  Ugh!  

They should know the things every citizen should know...Who is the President? Vice President? Who ran for President in the last election? What to the letters FBI stand for? My 10yo granddaughter knows this stuff...she's in the 5th grade. These are Social Studies questions...these are supposed to be socially aware young women, most of them college educated. 

• Love 7

Did you see Judy tearing up on the new preview? What do you think? I think of course that the decisions have already been made and she knows what Kelli is about to do - cut three more vets. Acting like it all comes down to this one night is the most ridiculous piece of television. They already know.

But perhaps it's just now hitting her.  She knows that the human thing to do is to support the vets in a global pandemic. Ok, perhaps cutting Hannah, Lily and Brennan is best for the team (in their pursuit of freshness) but it just seems so cruel this year. Which rookies replaced them? I think they lowest rookies were Alora-Rose, Sydney and Jessica (Jessica doesn't seem any different than Brennan...).

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Honestly with the news Marissa got regarding her boyfriend I think she will retire !! 

People do realize testicular cancer is very treatable with a high recovery rate?  Olympic swimmer Nathan Adrian is a solid example.  So as much as I'd love to see Marissa gone, I doubt she will retire over this.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

People do realize testicular cancer is very treatable with a high recovery rate?  Olympic swimmer Nathan Adrian is a solid example.  So as much as I'd love to see Marissa gone, I doubt she will retire over this.

I was thinking that as well and also he might have caught it early, hopefully.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, bunny said:

And I know it’s not the point that many people are trying to make when they post pictures of Alora in her different costumes, but I always think that the pics are great and she looks cool as hell 😂 

She was late teens/early 20's travelling the world - if you are a dancer and you get a job, don't you wear the costume required?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Maddie and Tess - Doing a 6th year is pretty uncommon. Maddie might but Tess was towards the lower end of the top 36

LexieSavannah, Rachel A  - I don't see any of them doing a 5th year. Lexie is married and Savannah apparently struggled a little this year

Alanna and Ashlee - I don't have a reason, I just think they might retire

Taylor J and Briana - They were towards the bottom of the top 36. Briana is also in her 30s

Kristin - She had controversy this season and barely made it back this year

Alora-Rose - I feel like she'll move back to NYC

Possibly Jalyn and Cianna because of the show-group situations

Edited by dccfan204
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Notable men with successful recoveries from testicular cancer include Olympic gold medal figure skater Scott Hamilton, former major league baseball player, now base coach Mike Gallegos (who was treated during the off season in his playing days with no noticeable after effects), and Lance Armstrong...Marissa's man is young & strong...if they've caught it early this will be a small  blip on the screen of his life.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Lol you didn’t haha !!! 

Glad to hear it. 

Anyways, this is very welcome news to me! Gina has really grown since that awkward office visit in S12. Improved as a teammate and is an excellent dancer. 

Some of the best character growth on the show IMO. 

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I hope a retiring vet starts a new podcast - "Behind the Boots" and invites former DCC on to spill some serious sweet tea😁

Would love that but unfortunately many of them aren't in the position to do that. They still need "the power of the star" to support them in their other career pursuits especially if the career is in dance world or - even just in the south. I think many of them have a lot to say but the pros of being a yes ma'am far outweigh the cons - sadly/

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I hope a retiring vet starts a new podcast - "Behind the Boots" and invites former DCC on to spill some serious sweet tea😁

They seem to care too much about the sisterhood to do that. 

• Love 3

Retirement wish list:

I will pack their bags and arrange a van: Maddie, Tess, Lexie, Alora, Taylor, Sydney, Kat. Kelli, you can hop in the van too.

Please go out with dignity, your future is not here: Kristen, Brianna

FTLOG, go: Savannah, Cianna, Judy and her stool.

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Would love that but unfortunately many of them aren't in the position to do that. They still need "the power of the star" to support them in their other career pursuits especially if the career is in dance world or - even just in the south. I think many of them have a lot to say but the pros of being a yes ma'am far outweigh the cons - sadly/

Oh yeah - burn bridges with Kelli and you can just forget that job reference, business referral, etc.  We've all seen how vindictive she is on the show.  Maybe we can hope for the girls from out of town - another Milan, Bridget or Hannah.

20 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Kelli, you can hop in the van too.

You're nice.  I would put her on the roof since she doesn't know how to wear a mask

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
On 1/4/2021 at 11:49 AM, Holly85 said:

She might 

mine are tess maddie Rachel a savannah Kristin jayln Taylor j Brianna Lexie maybe Gina 

IMO, I don't see either Tess or Maddie retiring until Kelly starts dropping hints, but I think Kelly is itching to promote the current 2nd and 3rd years to more prominent positions so I don't see Tess or Maddie staying another year. 

I think Rachel A, Savannah, Kristen (based on CMT's edit and her bf's new job), Brianna, Alanna, Jalyn will also retire.

Ones who could go either way: Taylor J, Madeleine, Erin, Cianna (I think she has a sister who's on a college dance team and close to graduating, so she may stay another year so they can try to be on the team together), Lexie (she's been a group leader but I don't see her advancing any further in the triangle or making pro bowl), Lisa (it would only be her 3rd year but I see her getting into PT school and leaving with very little notice).

Tbh I hope everyone I've listed so far retires. Besides Lexie, Tess, and Maddie, Rachel A, and Erin none of them are on SG or leadership, or very high up in the triangle, and I don't really see any of them getting promoted to a better position in the team. 

Defintiely staying: Gina, Rachel W, Caroline, Ashlee, Amber, Daphne,  Kelcey, Chandi,  Kat, Victoria, Amanda, current rookies 

On 1/2/2021 at 1:04 PM, dccfan204 said:

My predictions for next year...

Retiring: Maddie, Tess, Lexie, Rachel A, Savannah, Ashlee, Alanna, Briana, Taylor J

Will be cut: Kristin, Alora Rose

Group leaders: Gina, Rachel W, Caroline, Amber

2nd leaders: Victoria, Amanda, Kelcey, Chandi

Point: Rachel W and Caroline

Group Leaders: Gina, Rachel W, Ashlee, Caroline

2nd Leaders: Amber, Victoria, Amanda, Kelcey/Chandi

I'm leaning more towards Kelcey but depending on how busy she is with her nursing job, they may favor Chandi over her. If Lexie doesn't retire she'll be a group leader, and I think Caroline will be a 2nd leader bumping out Kelcey/Chandi. 

Point: Rachel W and Ashlee

I know Ashlee isn't one of the most technical/trained dancers, but given that she's a 2nd leader and SG this year, I think she's in contention. I think she's one of the most photogenic dancers they currently have on the team (which is saying a lot) and she made the cover of the Star swimsuit issue so we know TPTB like her look. Also, I think Rachel W and Caroline look too similar to share point. 

Pro Bowl: Rachel W

Edited by HitItHarder..BAM
Originally listed Erin and Rachel A as not being on show group when they both are
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

I wish we wouldve seen more of Alanna over the years. She doesn't stand out, but I've liked her when I've seen her, and I feel like she'll retire without our getting to know her.

So, I know Christina, Brennan and Brianna have been 30/31, but what's the oldest person to have ever been on the squad?

4 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Notable men with successful recoveries from testicular cancer include Olympic gold medal figure skater Scott Hamilton, former major league baseball player, now base coach Mike Gallegos (who was treated during the off season in his playing days with no noticeable after effects), and Lance Armstrong...Marissa's man is young & strong...if they've caught it early this will be a small  blip on the screen of his life.

True, and I've known someone who had it treated successfully. Still, I can't blame him if he'd rather be close to family during all this and if she chooses to go with him. And,  Marissa is actually growing on me.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, abracadabra said:

I wish we wouldve seen more of Alanna over the years. She doesn't stand out, but I've liked her when I've seen her, and I feel like she'll retire without our getting to know her.

Alanna appears to be all super cozy with Dani, Ellie and Cassie (who I guess will try out again). She "thanked God for bringing these three into my life" in her most recent post. I bet she at least stays one more year. 

When do we start hearing about retirement plans?

Edited by Tuxcat
added a question
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dbell1 said:

Hmmmm interesting! 

I’ll admit to liking Cianna’s look and dancing! 😉

• Love 10
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh yeah - burn bridges with Kelli and you can just forget that job reference, business referral, etc.  We've all seen how vindictive she is on the show.  Maybe we can hope for the girls from out of town - another Milan, Bridget or Hannah.

You're nice.  I would put her on the roof since she doesn't know how to wear a mask

And thats you being nice. If shes on the roof she can cling on to the roof and try to survive if you then drive at a high speed lol. I'd put her under the car and have her try cling on that way, whilst driving away .... lol

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • LOL 5
20 hours ago, bunny said:

I don’t have any super strong feelings about Amber, but as a big Amanda and Ashlee fan I’ll get behind this and suggest an all “A” triangle 😂

And I know it’s not the point that many people are trying to make when they post pictures of Alora in her different costumes, but I always think that the pics are great and she looks cool as hell 😂 

I'm actually onboard with the AAA triangle game. Amanda, Ashlee, and  Amber are the 3 I actually wouldn't mind seeing up there together. You can also swap out Amber for Gina. We have already seen Amanda and Gina dance together side by side in that DCC in motion video. They are both amazing! It was also nice seeing Ashlee getting a bit of dance screen time last episode. Ashlee is not the most technical, but definitely one of the most well rounded and entertaining dancers on the team. And she's proof that Maddie isn't the only hip hop dancer on the team, no matter how hard MTT tries to convince us. But sadly AAA will never happen, because Victoria has been groomed from birth to be up there. As soon as I saw her comeback storyline forming with that SG spot, I knew.  She will be a leader next year, and then point the following year. 

I actually think Alora-Rose's Ultra Angel background is actually really cool myself. Seems like a freaking dream job if you are a good dancer, likes to wear sexy/funky outfits, and loves to travel the whole damn world. I'd do it for sure..I just can't dance 😂 I've brought up her Ultra Angel dance background with pictures in the past because the show( Kelli and Judy) refuses to acknowledge it... nor will they. EVER. Guess it's not as respectable as being a Rockette for this type of show. 

Edited by MeeMee2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

I'm actually onboard with the AAA triangle game. Amanda, Ashlee, and  Amber are the 3 I actually wouldn't mind seeing up there together. You can also swap out Amber for Gina. We have already seen Amanda and Gina dance together side by side in that DCC in motion video. They are both amazing! It was also nice seeing Ashlee getting a bit of dance screen time last episode. Ashlee is not the most technical, but definitely one of the most well rounded and entertaining dancers on the team. And she's proof that Maddie isn't the only hip hop dancer on the team, no matter how hard MTT tries to convince us. But sadly AAA will never happen, because Victoria has been groomed from birth to be up there. As soon as I saw her comeback storyline forming with that SG spot, I knew.  She will be a leader next year, and then point the following year. 

I actually think Alora-Rose's Ultra Angel background is actually really cool myself. Seems like a freaking dream job if you are a good dancer, likes to wear sexy/funky outfits, and loves to travel the whole damn world. I'd do it for sure..I just can't dance 😂 I've brought her Ultra Angel dance background with pictures in the past because the show( Kelli and Judy) refuses to acknowledge it... nor will they. EVER. Guess it's not as respectable as being a Rockette for this type of show. 

And the fact that Kelli love love LOVES to compare their kicks to Rockettes kicks because she also (in her eyes) knows that if they can do the Rockettes kick then the girl can kick. Esp Judy whose eyes I see light up (a little) when she said she was a Rockette because Judy is just like "right so she can kick and the difference is she just got to adjust it to our kick length and that can be taught and adjusted" over a girl who can't kick and Judy has to be "forced" to teach her to kick from the start because of Kelli and Charlotte etc. Which is why Judy has "shrunk" into herself and basically allowed those two to practically "walk all over and bully her" and as shes near to retirement age you can see she just waiting till she retires and then bow out gracefully. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Retirement wish list:

I will pack their bags and arrange a van: Maddie, Tess, Lexie, Alora, Taylor, Sydney, Kat. Kelli, you can hop in the van too.

Please go out with dignity, your future is not here: Kristen, Brianna

I was right there with you until you listed Cianna! I think she’s adorable and hope she stays another year.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

And thats you being nice. If shes on the roof she can cling on to the roof and try to survive if you then drive at a high speed lol. I'd put her under the car and have her try cling on that way, whilst driving away .... lol

I was picturing her strapped on like a deer carcass. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Interested to see if they edit out where Judy called Lily ugly tonight and told Lily that she throws away all her gameday photos. Judy is not the angel she pretends to portray.

You better believe none of that will be shown tonight.  It is about time someone spoke up about Judy.   She is just as bad as Kelli but she knows to shut up (or fake a tear) when the cameras are on her.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5