Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, hihello29 said:

Long time reader finally made an account the other week. And as luck would have it, I actually saw Tess, Kat, Caroline and Daphne this weekend at Lake of the Ozarks. My family has a house there, and I think Caroline is from that area. It’s about about an hour and a half from Columbia. don’t shoot me if I’m wrong

They were kind but very (VERY) drunk (and tiny!). I would probably be an alchoholic if I had to deal with Kelli too lol. The lake isn’t known for being the most sanitary of places. We had a break out of corona cases earlier this summer, so how does that work for practices and games? I can’t imagine they would could hop right back into practice after being here all weekend. Are they being tested every day? Every other day? Sorry if this has been discussed. I haven’t been able to keep up with 70 pages yet. I saw where amber was traveling as well. Intrigued as to how they plan to keep everyone safe this year if people are traveling to hotspots. It just all seems to send a bad message.

If this pans out to be true, I'm going to be really bummed.  I always liked Caroline.  But for me, my opinion only, this comes across showing a lack of judgement and being selfish.  I get it.  They're young and it's a holiday weekend,  But we've all had to give things up during this pandemic.  It definitely sends a bad message.  Especially from Tess, a GL.

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

Well if they don’t fire them for sleeping with players, I doubt they are going to fire them for going to the lake. 

No I'm sure they won't bc why have any consistency in the contract and consequences

• Love 4
On 9/4/2020 at 1:21 AM, donutbinch said:

-What is the "proof" that Kat slept with a player? it all just seems like a wild rumor to me.

Reading all these post about Kat are actually interesting but I can believe it. I actually used to work backstage at the spectrum center which is where the hornets play and Kat was a honey bee. There was one game against the pacers and i don’t remember if it was her bday or just close to her bday that night ......but anyways a pacers player got her a gift from Victoria’s Secret. A security guard gave it to me and said it was from her “cousin” and I took it to the locker room to give to her. I remember the coach  questioning me a lot and she’s like “who’s this from I need a name” and I just said “idk her cousin” I remember the break room talk like “oh that’s definitely not her cousin but she’ll get away with it because it’s Kat” I remember that  night so clearly lol

• Useful 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Kelsaubry said:

Reading all these post about Kat are actually interesting but I can believe it. I actually used to work backstage at the spectrum center which is where the hornets play and Kat was a honey bee. There was one game against the pacers and i don’t remember if it was her bday or just close to her bday that night ......but anyways a pacers player got her a gift from Victoria’s Secret. A security guard gave it to me and said it was from her “cousin” and I took it to the locker room to give to her. I remember the coach  questioning me a lot and she’s like “who’s this from I need a name” and I just said “idk her cousin” I remember the break room talk like “oh that’s definitely not her cousin but she’ll get away with it because it’s Kat” I remember that  night so clearly lol

This story is the best 😂 and i can actually see it happening. There are very few rules when it comes to NBA players and dancers...It’s the wild Wild West.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

This story is the best 😂 and i can actually see it happening. There are very few rules when it comes to NBA players and dancers...It’s the wild Wild West.

We didn’t really interact with the girls that much but the way her coach questioned me I DO think they have some sort of rules. She was questioning me a lot. I said “her cousin” and she was like “I need a name”  she was so stern too.  But if there A WAS  something. I think she probably got away with. I think she was captain at the time.... I think..... I would always HEAR gossip and drama tho but didn’t talk to the dancers that much. Some of them are super nice and you could have a pleasant conversation with Kat wasn’t really one of them. She’s wasn’t like rude or like mean but she didn’t acknowledge ppl really unless she always talks to you or feels your important I guess idk.  It’s hard to explain. Once we saw her at a bar and my coworker said he would have conversations with her so he was calling her name and she finally looked and said “oh!” But not hello or anything.  

Edited by Kelsaubry
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, go4luca said:

If this pans out to be true, I'm going to be really bummed.  I always liked Caroline.  But for me, my opinion only, this comes across showing a lack of judgement and being selfish.  I get it.  They're young and it's a holiday weekend,  But we've all had to give things up during this pandemic.  It definitely sends a bad message.  Especially from Tess, a GL.

The problem is that everyone between 16-29 is fragrantly ignoring best practices in regards to the pandemic.
It takes a joined effort from all levels of authority to bring this to the attention of this age bracket. The worst one can have in these type of situations are mixed signals.

As long as there is so much noise about these best practices (not even consensus) it would take a Brennan to understand and own up to ones responsibility.

I cannot blame the girls for this.

39 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

I get what she was saying, I’m just saying people have gone to the lake ALL summer, just like they always do. It’s the lake...outside. 

You are right about outside. Standing too close to others is the problem.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, hihello29 said:

Long time reader finally made an account the other week. And as luck would have it, I actually saw Tess, Kat, Caroline and Daphne this weekend at Lake of the Ozarks. My family has a house there, and I think Caroline is from that area. It’s about about an hour and a half from Columbia. don’t shoot me if I’m wrong

They were kind but very (VERY) drunk (and tiny!). I would probably be an alchoholic if I had to deal with Kelli too lol. The lake isn’t known for being the most sanitary of places. We had a break out of corona cases earlier this summer, so how does that work for practices and games? I can’t imagine they would could hop right back into practice after being here all weekend. Are they being tested every day? Every other day? Sorry if this has been discussed. I haven’t been able to keep up with 70 pages yet. I saw where amber was traveling as well. Intrigued as to how they plan to keep everyone safe this year if people are traveling to hotspots. It just all seems to send a bad message.

*sigh* I miss Hannah and Brennan already. 

Aren’t there rules on how a DCC is supposed to behave in public??? Guess not anymore ... 😞 I’ve never really cared about Daphne, so with her I’m “meh” about this. Kat just doesn’t shock me anymore so I guess I just feel like “yup, makes sense.” Caroline being involved does disappoint me. She always came across as a bit more mature but oh, well. At least I still like her dancing. 

I don’t know what I quite expected from Tess, but as I “leader” it was certainly better than this. Perhaps the term “unofficial leader” means she doesn’t have to set an example? 😂

Seriously, though. I’m starting to lose interest in the current squad. And not because of the incoming “rookies” ... 😞

Edited by Lona
  • Love 15

This years squad is already an embarrassment, and they've yet to have a performance. This is what happens when you have weak management and an organization who's mission statement has gone from "World Class" to "Just Don't Get Caught (unless it's good for ratings)".   WTG @kellifinglass 

Suzanne Mitchell is turning over in her grave. 

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I can.  They are grown women who should know better.  The fact one is a GL who is supposed to step up and be a leader shows me she doesn't give a flying rat's ass.  But Carolyn is the true shocker.  I thought she had it more together.  My bad for thinking so.

agreed and I don't understand not following the best practices just in case. And yeah Caroline really disappoints me

• Love 10

Caroline coming home for the long weekend isn’t a big surprise, honestly, and there are plenty of lakes in MO that aren’t a total shit show. And even plenty of places at lake of the Ozarks. Butttttt sounds it wasn’t one of those occasions if people are running into them.  And white claws can sneak up on a light weight girl!

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 7

No offense to anyone on this board but I am going to assume none of us are members of the CIA...if we know all of this I find it impossible to believe Judy kelli and Charlotte don’t. seems they are willing to overlook certain transgressions for some which really reflects poorly on the rest of the team and organization. Kat has a history of poor behavior...no way they didn’t know this.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

Could Caroline, Daphne & Tess be the golden children that Kat threatened to bring down with her if she was cut from the team due to fraternization? I had noticed them hanging out previously and thought it was an off combo of people. 

Also, pandemic aside, is anyone really surprised that the girls go out and get drunk. They are pretty girls all in their 20s.. I'm sure it's been happening for years and years. I even think today's DCCs are better behaved than the girls of the noughties. Let them have fun!!!

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
51 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I can.  They are grown women who should know better.  The fact one is a GL who is supposed to step up and be a leader shows me she doesn't give a flying rat's ass.  But Carolyn is the true shocker.  I thought she had it more together.  My bad for thinking so.

So can I, blame them. Isn't Kelly the one who voice overs at the end of a season, and I paraphrase, "being a DCC, grow into mature women, ladies...blah, blah, blah.?" And aren't these women supposed to be role models young girls can look up to? 

How does being "VERY drunk," in public fit into being role models to young women? Personally I could care less about any one of them or all of them getting hammered however, Kelli holding the DCC up as some glowing, gold standard to young women while some members are allegedly sleeping with players, other's are getting "VERY" drunk in pubic, in the middle of a pandemic that is still infecting and killing Americans, is another gross lie. Yes, it's a PITA to do the right thing. It's boring, it's seriously aggravating but it's called personal responsibility. Isn't that one of Kelli's key voice over phrases, "grow into responsible young women?" 

Considering their lack of responsibility regarding Covid-19, really a stupid to time to fire Brennan and Hannah. At least they cared and took responsibility. And esp bc millions of Americans are forgoing Holiday activities, normal routines and practicing PPE with the hope this highly contagious virus will eventually die out. 

Tess should absolutely know better. She's been a DCC for what? The last 10, 15 years?  Caroline is disappointing. Daphne better be very careful. She is scary skinny. If it's true the camera adds 10lbs, then in real life she is even thinner than what is shown on TV, sm. She cannot afford to get the virus. And Kat, for all the obv reasons, I'm done with her. 

This team has truly gone downhill. Really downhill. 

Edited by Laurawithcats
Wrong word
  • Love 16
59 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Could Caroline, Daphne & Tess be the golden children that Kat threatened to bring down with her if she was cut from the team due to fraternization? I had noticed them hanging out previously and thought it was an off combo of people. 

Also, pandemic aside, is anyone really surprised that the girls go out and get drunk. They are pretty girls all in their 20s.. I'm sure it's been happening for years and years. I even think today's DCCs are better behaved than the girls of the noughties. Let them have fun!!!

Seriously tho, every person can get drunk in a while. They are not working so they can drink if they want. Being a DCC doesnt mean they can't do anything fun any more outside of the job. Isnit handy to do it during the pandemic? Probably not, should they get dragged, especially Tess, neither. Live and let live imo

• Love 12

I’m guessing a lot of this board is from the states, so you guys might have a different perspective on this, but it’s crazy looking in and seeing people living their normal lives, partying, going out to eat. It almost makes sense that the girls are out partying and at the lake because that’s what most people their age are doing - living their normal lives. It’s just crazy to watch because in Australia as soon as we hit a couple hundred cases we went into a full lockdown and you weren’t allowed to be outside in groups, and restaurants and bars and clubs were shut. The pandemic won’t go away if this age group doesn’t start taking it seriously, but it looks like the girls are the norm, not the exception

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Laurawithcats said:

Considering their lack of responsibility regarding Covid-19, really a stupid to time to fire Brennan and Hannah. At least they cared and took responsibility.

If Brennan has had Covid already, meaning she might be susceptible, she might be counting her blessings that she doesn't have to be around these careless, toxic petry dishes anymore. Go join a team of people who actually give a shit about others Brennan, you're too good for the DCC!

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

I'm not going back to quote people.  It's called accountability and being responsible.  If you've seen the crowds shown at Lake of the Ozarks, it's pretty obvious.  As I said in an earlier post, I get it, they are young and want to have fun.  But this isn't a normal time or situation.  I hope for their sake, they aren't asymptomatic and carry the virus to a loved one, friend or teammate.

Are they planning to quarantine upon their return?  For the sake of those in their normal circles, I hope they are accountable enough to do so.  They made the choice, now own it. 

Perhaps Tess should no longer be a group leader.  She obviously is not up to the task of leading by example.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

Thank you! I feel like so many have bought the DCC are LADIES hook line and sinker are finally getting eyes opened and it’s a shock. its like when granny discovers sorority girls drink and skank around despite their pearl clutching and community service. This is nothing new and pretty tame compared to many of the party girls.

Not really suprised if those quiet girls are doing more than drinking and eating vanilla pudding, but I am a little bit huh at them hanging with loudmouth Kat. 

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Thank you! I feel like so many have bought the DCC are LADIES hook line and sinker are finally getting eyes opened and it’s a shock. its like when granny discovers sorority girls drink and skank around despite their pearl clutching and community service. This is nothing new and pretty tame compared to many of the party girls.

Not really suprised if those quiet girls are doing more than drinking and eating vanilla pudding, but I am a little bit huh at them hanging with loudmouth Kat. 

Seriously though. I went to the same college as Caroline and she was in the sorority stereotyped for partying and *ahem* being generous with the guys. Don't get me wrong she seems like a nice girl and can pull herself together and be mature when she needs to be, but the girl parties hard and gets ****faced like any other pretty 25 year old.

Edited by superbity
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I don't think I EVER bought it, at least, not entirely.  There was something about Kelli's insistence on the DCC's being the epitome of perfection in all things that didn't ring true to me.  She seemed to be harder on the girls who brought negative attention on the brand due to poor choices (Whitney's black face/caution tape costumes, the girl who got tackled by a player, Holly's and Jenna's partying with players in public spaces, those who were late for important events, etc.) while the girls who did the same things but much more quietly seemed to get passes to do what they want.  In addition, Kelli herself has shown herself to be something of an attention whore and wanting the spotlight to be on HER instead of the DCC or using them as a backdrop to make HER look good.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Yes, they're young and want to have fun but sheesh. I never bought Kelli's image of the DCC at America's sweethearts. I know they're 20 something girls and all that entails. I don't expect them to abstain from drinking and partying for their entire DCC tenure. But what I do expect is the tiniest bit of discretion and giving the appearance of being a responsible adult. That includes not getting visibly drunk in public or blatantly traveling during a pandemic (aka being seen several states away on what is obviously not necessary travel). For example, my friend is an elementary school teacher and there is a morality clause in her contract. Because of that, she makes sure not to get sloppy drunk in public or post inappropriate pictures on social media. It's not rocket science. She still drinks in public but she is smart enough not to get falling down drunk at a bar or post pictures where she's noticeably drunk. I know that 20 year old girls aren't always going to be paragons of virtue. They just need to have enough common sense not to publicize when they're doing stuff like this. There's no need to splash your bad decisions all over the internet. It's one thing for there to be rumors about DCC doing XYZ. It's another when it's posted on their public instagram account for the world to see.

Thank you.  I never bought the DCC America's sweetheart's crap either. 

You nailed it with discretion and responsible adulting.  It really isn't that complicated.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 9/5/2020 at 9:42 PM, hannahbanana said:

She needs a new expression. That "I'm so fierce, I'll beat you down & bite your nose off" look is just not attractive -- and getting really old. All her pics are looking the same/giving the same vibe -- and it's not good.

Lisa is great!  She is a cute, powerhouse dancer who is smart and very well spoken!  I don’t get the bad vibes that people jump on a bandwagon about that I think are lies. 

Seems to me her year the bad girls got cut!  The last TCC who used the F word and the used DCC as a resume.  It’s seems like jealousy steaming that train!  

17 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'm in the United States too and it's been really disheartening to see people traveling, going on vacation, eating at restaurants, hanging out in large groups in public (all while not wearing masks) like there isn't a forking pandemic happening.

I have been fortunate in that the two times I've gone out to eat the people around have been following protocol. When the masked waitress/waiter came to take our order we wore our masks, we had to wear them coming in, only one person in the loo at a time, etc

I am going away for the first time since it started at the end of the month, but from a safe state to another safe state and we already reviewed all the rules and restrictions there and we are NOT flying. UGH!!!!! My parents have an RV so we are driving up and staying in the RV. 

My cousin in Cali had to cancel his wedding because his whole family is here on the East Coast and none of us were comfortable with getting on a plane. 

Mostly I just hang out at home. I'm teaching myself ballet, getting very good on pointe, I can finally do turns! YAY!!!! I'm writing a novel. My BFF and I text watch our favorite shows. I finally met my cousin's baby (almost 6 months old! and I finally saw him, but did not touch him, for the first time last month. It sucks I can't use my pool (condo, community pool, we voted to keep it closed this season) and that it is a huge ordeal to go to the store, have to remember my mask, my wipes, my antibacterial gel, a paper list (I don't want to be touching my phone after touching the items at the store), but I know it's better to be save than sorry and while it is highly unlikely I have Covid with the very minimal human interaction I have, I do not want to be responsible for inadvertently getting someone sick. 

Kelli must be so proud of her "role model" girls, out there hanging all over each other and partying like it's not 2020. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Mvdb said:

I’m guessing a lot of this board is from the states, so you guys might have a different perspective on this, but it’s crazy looking in and seeing people living their normal lives, partying, going out to eat. It almost makes sense that the girls are out partying and at the lake because that’s what most people their age are doing - living their normal lives. It’s just crazy to watch because in Australia as soon as we hit a couple hundred cases we went into a full lockdown and you weren’t allowed to be outside in groups, and restaurants and bars and clubs were shut. The pandemic won’t go away if this age group doesn’t start taking it seriously, but it looks like the girls are the norm, not the exception

I fully agree, being in New Zealand the minute community spread appeared (I think it was 3 cases) we relockdown, to us even Australia seems loose and the States 🤯

That there is even cheerleaders this season is something I am struggling to get my head around.

• Love 16

Honestly, I’m not asking for receipts but I’d really like a second, more proof-full (not a word, at all!) confirmation that these girls were drunk at Ozark before I condemn them. Not saying it’s not true but I would like to see more about it first 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I don't think I EVER bought it, at least, not entirely.  There was something about Kelli's insistence on the DCC's being the epitome of perfection in all things that didn't ring true to me.  She seemed to be harder on the girls who brought negative attention on the brand due to poor choices (Whitney's black face/caution tape costumes, the girl who got tackled by a player, Holly's and Jenna's partying with players in public spaces, those who were late for important events, etc.) while the girls who did the same things but much more quietly seemed to get passes to do what they want.  In addition, Kelli herself has shown herself to be something of an attention whore and wanting the spotlight to be on HER instead of the DCC or using them as a backdrop to make HER look good.

I always thought this was a prime example of Kellis petty and nastiness. The girl who got tackled didnt ask for it and it wasnt really her fault, it's hard to get out of the way when someone is suddenly charging full speed at you. But because it made national headlines it was all the girls fault rather than just a freak unfortunate accident

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Jesiklyn said:

I always thought this was a prime example of Kellis petty and nastiness. The girl who got tackled didnt ask for it and it wasnt really her fault, it's hard to get out of the way when someone is suddenly charging full speed at you. But because it made national headlines it was all the girls fault rather than just a freak unfortunate accident

Ow hat did Kelli say about the tackle incident? In jeez, it was obviously an accident

• Love 2
6 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

That scene where Cassie called out Taylor was the first time I remember feeling absolute disgust watching the show.  For one thing, no other vet would have been allowed to do that, yet Judy encouraged Cassie to expand upon her frustrations.  Then, when Taylor tried to defend herself, she was shut down and told that's not the appropriate way to respond.

So freaking ridiculous on every level.

Exactly, and Judy had the audacity to say "we encourage group leaders/vets to give corrections". What Cassie said was NOT a correction it was a nasty accusation. I believe Taylor handled it very well, she remained professional while defending herself. Then another vet started ripping into her, she had long black hair and dark skin, anyone know who that was? She didn't seem nice, telling Taylor to just say "yes m'am" and that she was giving excuses. Whatever poster here said it's a hive mentality was spot on. Disgraceful this was allowed by Kelli and Judy.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, perrie97 said:

Exactly, and Judy had the audacity to say "we encourage group leaders/vets to give corrections". What Cassie said was NOT a correction it was a nasty accusation. I believe Taylor handled it very well, she remained professional while defending herself. Then another vet started ripping into her, she had long black hair and dark skin, anyone know who that was? She didn't seem nice, telling Taylor to just say "yes m'am" and that she was giving excuses. Whatever poster here said it's a hive mentality was spot on. Disgraceful this was allowed by Kelli and Judy.

It was Mia. 

I get the same vibes from VK and Lisa. Mia was wanting to be close to Cassie the same way Lisa is towards Victoria. 

• Love 2
Just now, MelTexGirl said:

It was Mia. 

I get the same vibes from VK and Lisa. Mia was wanting to be close to Cassie the same way Lisa is towards Victoria. 

If we're talking about the Cassie and __ teaming up on "I don't like my haircut" Taylor, then that was Ally Trainor, not Mia Greenhouse. 

• Love 18
23 minutes ago, perrie97 said:

I feel like it wasn't just allowed, it was encouraged which is ten times more disgusting and unprofessional. I may be wrong, but I think Judy asked Cassie to give her opinion or to say whatever Cassie was saying louder so they could all hear. The way I remember it was Cassie made some kind of face or something and Judy was all "if you have something to say, say it" having to know it was a criticism of Taylor just based on context. 

I always hated the way they treated Taylor. I think they looked down on her because she was so rough around the edges. Was it her, or it might have been Megan F., or both for all I know, that they kept making comments that sounded like they were horse trainers having to "break her in" or "tame her" and stuff like that? I hated that no matter who they did it to. 

If the DCC girls are mean girls it's because they are following the lead of their bosses. The whole thing makes me think of DCC as the worst stereotypes of both cheerleaders and sororities. 

• Love 13
51 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Ow hat did Kelli say about the tackle incident? In jeez, it was obviously an accident

Melissa made a joking comment about it on Twitter - so they said she was "calling out" a football player.  All of a sudden everyone knows who she is, the video is played on the news and sports shows, and her name/image were being used to create false social media accounts.  But she's a bad girl for joking about the situation.

And if I remember right, when they went to Oxnard the next year, her and Jason Witten caught up with each other, so he wasn't upset about anything.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

I don't recall this incident, but judging by the number of coaches, camera folks, and others on the sideline that get bowled over by an out of bounds football player, that at times it is impossible to get out of the way. No one without pads wants to get hit by a player in full gear. Shame on Kelli for blaming it on the gal!

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

I don't recall this incident, but judging by the number of coaches, camera folks, and others on the sideline that get bowled over by an out of bounds football player, that at times it is impossible to get out of the way. No one without pads wants to get hit by a player in full gear. Shame on Kelli for blaming it on the gal!

If I remember correctly the player, Jason Witten, even apologised to her, google says it was Melissa Kellerman. She made it into a bit of a joke and did a few tweets, one saying she wasnt the best a jason Witten trust falls and then got made to delete her twitter cause she was getting too much press interest, cowboys also banned her talking to the press. Kelli ripped into her on the show about it, and used her as an example the following year in TC. 

The video is still online too

• Love 2
8 hours ago, methadonna said:

Deleted an overly lengthy text with small bits worth posting and plenty of others that would have benefitted from a re-read.

Yeah, I'm fine, thanks for your concern.

Fwiw I read it and agreed with every single point 👏 

We don’t know the circumstances about why those particular DCC’s were at Lake of the Ozarks. Perhaps Kat found out the other 3 were going and invited herself along. Or maybe Kat didn’t have plans and they felt sorry for her.( I went on a ski trip to Vail with some girls I thought I was friends with not knowing that one of them couldn’t stand me.) They probably didn’t expect anyone to actually recognize them. I can’t say I would have recognized them being out of uniform and not being glammed up. you would think knowing Brennan was cut because she was not strong enough yet post COVID would be reason enough to scare the rest of the team into social distancing compliance.
I drove through Lake of the Ozarks on my way home from residency interviews and the area is gorgeous and looks like fun. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Has anyone heard anything about CMT airing MTT?  I just checked the website and there's no full episodes there still, only "clips".

The last I knew it still hadn't been canceled or confirmed. Just sort of stuck in neutral at the moment I believe.

Other random thoughts...I was in my twenties from 1983 - 93. We knew how to have a wild time way back then, too. But, depending on how public their job was, many of my friends put that party life away after college. One dear friend was a Tampa Bay Buccs cheerleader, another was with the "Washington DC Football Team". Although social media was nothing like today, they did not drink in public nor attend wild parties, etc. It was simply part of what they signed up for and worth it for them to stay sober and always presentable to the public. Right after college, I was a barn manager/Head of Riding Instruction at a summer camp that also had a year long riding program in NC. I was to be a role model for my "kids", so it never occurred to me to go about drunkenly at the bars/clubs in town. I am not saying that drinking is a sin, but that there is a time or place for it and if in a position such as the DCC, best to do that partying at home whilst a member of the team, and none of it shown on social media.

Like many others, I don't buy the whole "virginal America's sweethearts" persona, however, I don't want the squad to become "America's trashiest cuties" either. It honestly isn't that hard to find girls mature enough to keep the less than wholesome aspect out of the public eye.

As to the actual "official" announcement of the team, I get that they would hold that back from the general public in case MTT should air. But when will the ladies themselves know? I assume we will know shortly after they do thanks to our insiders.

Edited by Agent Gully
spelling counts
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Pau84 said:

The problem is that everyone between 16-29 is fragrantly ignoring best practices in regards to the pandemic.
It takes a joined effort from all levels of authority to bring this to the attention of this age bracket. The worst one can have in these type of situations are mixed signals.

As long as there is so much noise about these best practices (not even consensus) it would take a Brennan to understand and own up to ones responsibility.

I cannot blame the girls for this.

You are right about outside. Standing too close to others is the problem.

I don’t think it’s fair to blame one age group. The U.K. government is doing the same, blaming 20-29 year olds. I fit into this category and the only places I’ve been are to work and the odd bit of shopping, wearing a mask at all times.

There are people of all ages not adhering to guidelines, hence why the figures keep going up.

• Love 23

In regards to naming the squad - have all the rookies assumed to be on the team been seen in Dallas this past week? We know they have been practicing thanks to Amber so it should be safe to assume everyone who got to the final 'team not team' is now based in Texas?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I don’t think it’s fair to blame one age group. The U.K. government is doing the same, blaming 20-29 year olds. I fit into this category and the only places I’ve been are to work and the odd bit of shopping, wearing a mask at all times.

There are people of all ages not adhering to guidelines, hence why the figures keep going up.

Here (Netherlands) the 18-29 age bracket has the highest infection rate and as they're more likely to be asymptomatic and see more people (friends, live in dorms or with family, work in restaurants and supermarkets), they're more likely to spread it to more people. Hence the worry here about that group.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Yeah I agree. In Australia they're making a point of trying to get us young ones to do the right thing. But honestly majority of the people I've seen not doing the right thing weren't younger people anyway. I work in retail and when my store was still open most people not social distancing and sanitizing etc were older.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AYTOfan said:

Remember that Tess is a group leader when if comes to DCC training and performances. She isn't the leader of their personal lifes lol

Although, Jenna was held responsible for not stopping Holly P. from underage drinking (and fraternizing) in a club. (and yes, Jenna was with Holly in the club at the time.) Were all the gals at the lake older than 21? I think Kelli would hold Tess responsible if the gals were recognizable and very drunk in public IF the word got around or it showed up on one of their social media accounts.

• Love 17