Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Kitty may like Victoria, but liking a girl hasn't stopped her from ripping a girl to shreds for weight, dance issues or any other reason.  We've seen her tear into girls she's praised in the past for weight and gotten after them for poor placement/bad kicks/forgetting a step sequence/etc. so I didn't get the love fest for Victoria from her.  It was SO out of character for her that your comment about it being a scripted line really rings true. 

It's definitely inconsistent with the persona that Kitty had previously put forth, but we saw her show clear favoritism to Morgan back in Season 8. Morgan was a hot mess in terms of dance, but Kitty kept pushing her to the point where people on the boards (I believe it was the old boards at that point) were questioning whether Morgan and Kitty were related or connected in some way. So, it's not completely unheard of for her to show favoritism. Now, her behavior towards VK was definitely the most overt, and the fact that it was a weight issue made it all the more obvious. Weight has always been an easy reason for them to cut girls, so bending over backwards for VK made little sense. In addition, it went beyond Kitty just asking for leniency for VK. She seemed to be actively throwing other girls under the bus to prop up VK. It was a really bad look. I'm not shocked that she bowed out of the show. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, DutchDccFan2.0 said:

Rachel W point

Amber and Ashlee behind her 😍

I think they're priming up for Amber to take point next year when Maddie retires. She gets a lot of posts on their socials. The only thing going against her is her height as she's pretty small.

She'll get point for one year before VK takes over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, DaphJin said:

Guess who’s extra again with the amount of luggage she brought? 🙄

I am thinking that too. Is it me or did VK actually bring a microwave to the hotel? O mean 2 large suitcase and 1 small suitcase and 2 boxes a massive bag and some little circle bin looking storage (sorry I am tired and my brain is drawing a blank on what its called) and a bag she is wearing. What did she pack? Milkshakes and boys? <sings Kelis  Milkshake>

Dumb question, are they moving into the hotel? I mean I see the vets with lugage so I assume thats the case right? I know they are going to be in this bubble but is that what they are doing? Moving into the hotel for the duration of tcc and whose paying for it? The girls or the cowboys? Just weird question I know I guess @ShellyB could correct me if I am wrong on that, but I am basing it on what I see in the pictures and all the luggage

Edited by UK-Fan
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, DaphJin said:

How much crap can one person own? Is she in a honeymoon suite to fit it all in?

Also noting that VK is wearing trainers. When they did those stupid catwalk segments, they would be a massive no-no, unless she’s off to the gym or on her way to practice.

Am I the only person that thinks they should do this bubble all the time? Then TCCs wouldn’t have to fork out for rent and be stuck in Texas if they don’t make it.

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

Dumb question, are they moving into the hotel? I mean I see the vets with lugage so I assume thats the case right? I know they are going to be in this bubble but is that what they are doing? Moving into the hotel for the duration of tcc and whose paying for it? The girls or the cowboys? Just weird question I know I guess @ShellyB could correct me if I am wrong on that, but I am basing it on what I see in the pictures and all the luggage

Yes, the bubble is at a hotel and it's probably being paid for by the production company that produces MTT.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

How much crap can one person own? Is she in a honeymoon suite to fit it all in?

Also noting that VK is wearing trainers. When they did those stupid catwalk segments, they would be a massive no-no, unless she’s off to the gym or on her way to practice.

Am I the only person that thinks they should do this bubble all the time? Then TCCs wouldn’t have to fork out for rent and be stuck in Texas if they don’t make it.

Victoria brings a microwave. Most hotels have one in the room; at least the chain hotels I've stayed at. Looks like she's moving into a dorm room instead.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Victoria brings a microwave. Most hotels have one in the room; at least the chain hotels I've stayed at. Looks like she's moving into a dorm room instead.

I thought they were only going to be there for like 7 to 10 days? She looks like she is staying 3 months. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, DaphJin said:

So when I saw your comment I honestly kind of rolled my eyes and was like "here we go, VK has ONE more bag than someone else and people are picking on her" and then I scrolled through the photos. So apols to you for eye rolling because she is RIDICULOUS. That is just an obnoxious amount of stuff for a work residency. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
10 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

So when I saw your comment I honestly kind of rolled my eyes and was like "here we go, VK has ONE more bag than someone else and people are picking on her" and then I scrolled through the photos. So apols to you for eye rolling because she is RIDICULOUS. That is just an obnoxious amount of stuff for a work residency. 

I know she’s not popular here (ducking) but it did occur to me this was possibly her dorm/sorority experience. I could be wrong but I thought she lives at home and goes to community college. It made me kind of sad for her. Like she’s trying to make training camp a LOT more than it’s intended to be. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
58 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

I am thinking that too. Is it me or did VK actually bring a microwave to the hotel? O mean 2 large suitcase and 1 small suitcase and 2 boxes a massive bag and some little circle bin looking storage (sorry I am tired and my brain is drawing a blank on what its called) and a bag she is wearing. What did she pack? Milkshakes and boys? <sings Kelis  Milkshake>

Moving into hotel for the remainder of TC. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Are we sure that Tina isn't in one of those bags???

Its not Tina in there. As I said in my previous post its all the boys that VK is bringing to the yard <coughs and sings the rest of Kellis's song Milkshake> <looks around I DID NOT SAY THAT> lol

21 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

Ha is the first picture Amber? Someone correct me because I cannot remember her name, But I thought that poster was talking about the first picture ...... I was like whats wrong with bringing the dog? Till, like you, I scrolled thro the pictures and then cracked up laughing that everyone else had like 1 suitcase and basically like half a trolley max of stuff and VK has a full trolley and LAUGHED MY HEAD OFF. Like she is staying for what? A week, do you need 3 suitcases? I mean its not like she had to bring a shed load of cowboys uniform, assuming that that had all already been returned during the pandemic and assuming that cowboys wanted to be super safe esp in their stuff and cleaning it during this pandemic.

Gosh I used to go travelling as a travelling chef and I used to work for a company that allowed me to do alot of travelling and they send me to different site for a month at a time and as a girl I managed to fit all my stuff in 1 medium suitcase and a large handbag thats for a month and I loved the travelling and the free hotel rooms. Having said that VK can't exactly go out and "chat up" someone can she in this pandemic, during that week when they are probably up all day for tcc and theres no travelling now so they can't blame the extra time needed to travel home etc and if the cowboys are picking up the hotel room bill, I'd assume the cowboys are also going to be picking up the tab on food and drinks etc (Unless I am wrong on it @ShellyB if I am, please say so)

• Love 3

That picture of Victoria with all her things is BEYOND ridiculous.  It's also rather sad because it only makes it obvious that the girl hasn't lived away from home for any length of time for any reason nor has she done so without her parents.  I really wonder what's in those suitcases because, if they're going to be in a hotel for the next few weeks and aren't really going to be able to leave for any reason except an emergency, why all the clothes?  Is Victoria bringing all the contents of her closet just in case?  How much of that is makeup?  I've been on a vacation for a week and did so with one carry-on-sized bag. Granted it was a smaller one when I traveled in the summer and a larger one for winter, but it was still carry-on size and the airline had no qualms for letting me take it on board.

For Training Camp, she could get away with a third of that if not a quarter.  I do wonder about laundry facilities, but hotels sometimes provide that for their guests depending on setup.  There's also the bathroom sink for underthings and anything that needs spot treatments like a spill at the dinner table or the like.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Pau84 said:

It has to be said that Dayton was not the best memory wise. Dayton was glorious in the uniform and had a lot of projection in her solo dance yet she really underperformed in the choreography.

Unfortunately, she gave Kelli too much ammo. Victoria gave Kelli also a lot of ammo first time around but Victoria’s second try was flawless.

Dayton is definitely the better dancer between the two, Victoria has better choreo memory.

I have to wonder about how much of Dayton's memory issues were due to the extra pressure and extra scrutiny Kelli put on her during Training Camp.  Training Camp is bad enough with everything they have to do and learn, but when the boss is leaning on you extra hard above and beyond that, it can make it that much harder to learn things because a part of your mind is always thinking about the negative things, if you're messing up, what is everyone else thinking, what Kelli's thinking, etc.  Once that train of thought gets going, it's hard to derail it, especially when there's external pressure and support of it.  From what was shown and what was said, Kelli was looking for reasons to cut Dayton and she was determined to do that and, if Dayton didn't give her a reason, Kelli was going to create one.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I have to wonder about how much of Dayton's memory issues was due to the extra pressure and extra scrutiny Kelli put on her during Training Camp.  Training Camp is bad enough with everything they have to do and learn, but when the boss is leaning on you extra hard above and beyond that, it can make it that much harder to learn things because a part of your mind is always thinking about the negative things, if you're messing up, what is everyone else thinking, what Kelli's thinking, etc.  Once that train of thought gets going, it's hard to derail it, especially when there's external pressure and support of it.  From what was shown and what was said, Kelli was looking for reasons to cut Dayton and she was determined to do that and, if Dayton didn't give her a reason, Kelli was going to create one.

I'm cynical, but I think the whole thing was planned as a storyline for the show. 2 legacies, one is the golden child, the other the black sheep. I think it was planned the whole tome that vk would be portrayed as fabulous and would mske the team, and Dayton as not as good and would be cut. I think when vk gained weight the storyline that was planned got derailed and they had to modify it. I agree though, Dayton was doomed from the beginning. Kelli would have invented a reason to cut her, if she had too.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DaphJin said:

Who are the women I can't identify in the 3rd and 4th photo?

3rd photo: Chandi - Amanda - ??? - Cici 

4th photo: Do not recognize!  Love her yoga mat, though.

Last photo: Jalyn's dress is lovely. 

Just now, DizzySometimes86 said:

Who are the women I can't identify in the 3rd and 4th photo?

3rd photo: Chandi - Amanda - ??? - Cici 

4th photo: Do not recognize!  Love her yoga mat, though.

Last photo: Jalyn's dress is lovely. 

3rd photo is jayln and 4th is kat 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DutchDccFan2.0 said:

Rachel W point

Amber and Ashlee behind her 😍

Don't think Rachel W has the punch for point. Good dancer, Top 10, but not the very best. Gina rocks, Maddie's good, Hannah is awesome, Jalyn & Amber have the technique down. So many to choose from! I love Rachel A as well, Ashlee is just awesome and Amanda will be one to remember. 

Sounds like they have a luxury problem 😄

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Maybe VK just used the microwave box to put stuff in? Lol but that is weird to bring that, since yeah I would think the room would have one. 

Not all hotels do have microwaves or fridges, which is a total pain.  And someone on Facebook thinks the green bags are prep kitchen meals, so maybe why she brought a microwave.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I really have to wonder how good those prepared meals are because the MyFitFoods ones seemed to be REALLY high in sodium among other things.  They closed, however, so that particular brand is off the table.  However, I did like how you could go into their stores and actually SHOP the meals instead of have someone else determine what you're going to eat and when.

24 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Not all hotels do have microwaves or fridges, which is a total pain.  And someone on Facebook thinks the green bags are prep kitchen meals, so maybe why she brought a microwave.

PK on the green bags=Dallas Prep Kitchen.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah, lots of hotels, especially more upscale ones, have moved away from having microwaves in the room. I've never stayed in a hotel that didn't have a small fridge, but "no microwave" has unfortunately become a "thing" over the last several years for many hotel chains. It's annoying. 

ETA: I learned this lesson the hard way several years ago while staying at the Marriott (I think we stayed there that year) in Times Square....came back very late, starving, and planning to heat up my meal from earlier in the day only to discover that there was no microwave. That...was not fun lol!

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 5

Okay, I laughed out loud when I saw VK's full trolley. 

However, once I thought about it.....given a similar situation, I probably would have brought all the comforts of home with me too.  She's close to home so she doesn't "have" to leave anything behind, she's young and has never been sequestered before,  she's going to be there for anywhere from a 1-3 weeks I would presume...SO, I would have brought my pillow, snacks, drinks, numerous comfortable clothes/shoes, etc etc. stuff I would NOT bring with me if I were traveling out of town on vacation/business.  

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, LynneH said:

Okay, I laughed out loud when I saw VK's full trolley. 

However, once I thought about it.....given a similar situation, I probably would have brought all the comforts of home with me too.  She's close to home so she doesn't "have" to leave anything behind, she's young and has never been sequestered before,  she's going to be there for anywhere from a 1-3 weeks I would presume...SO, I would have brought my pillow, snacks, drinks, numerous comfortable clothes/shoes, etc etc. stuff I would NOT bring with me if I were traveling out of town on vacation/business.  

I just hope the umbilical cord stretches that far . . .

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I want Caroline, Kelcey, Gina, or Rachel W to become point. I know Kelcey is only a 2nd year but I love her, she's a beautiful dancer and she's stunning.

Caroline for point!!! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Gimme your flawless skin!! 

I love that when we see vets 'taking over' the Instagram , we see them makeup free. We've seen Bri a couple of times and Kat too 🙌 

Are all the vets coming back? I wonder if anyone changed their minds last minute to not enter the bubble?? 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Gimme your flawless skin!! 

I love that when we see vets 'taking over' the Instagram , we see them makeup free. We've seen Bri a couple of times and Kat too 🙌 

Are all the vets coming back? I wonder if anyone changed their minds last minute to not enter the bubble?? 

That’s what I’m curious abt to !! 

If I were Kelli I'd have said that Vets had to be within the grace boundary of their audition weight to get back into TC this year given that there was no finals/audition round. I'd have wanted to avoid ugly convos in what would have already been a stressful TC. 

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Is that a teddy bear on top of Vic's striped bag?

I am also trying to figure out whether that is a "blanket/duvet or is that a pillow in her bag. with the teddy

Kat!

She justifies my adoration with every breath she takes. Fabulous!

B8AE90DA-FA71-4699-934A-DA97383F662C.thumb.jpeg.d73962627af1b6aeac8e1db13d6e8d95.jpeg

And my absolute favourites: Amanda and Jalyn.
What a triangle would that be! 

I am so happy to see them!

DAFFA37B-3719-4D6D-992F-7FA93D01E4B6.jpeg.bd8640c8c91d6b60ec79a0bb0a94ada9.jpeg

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Opine said:

Y'all know a group leader has to bring little gifts for her group, right?  That explains all the bags!

They do that for games never heard of them doing it for training camp 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Pau84 said:

It has to be said that Dayton was not the best memory wise. Dayton was glorious in the uniform and had a lot of projection in her solo dance yet she really underperformed in the choreography.

Unfortunately, she gave Kelli too much ammo. Victoria gave Kelli also a lot of ammo first time around but Victoria’s second try was flawless.

Dayton is definitely the better dancer between the two, Victoria has better choreo memory.

VK's 2nd try was flawless? In what universe?

• LOL 7
  • Love 17
Just now, hannahbanana said:

VK's 2nd try was flawless? In what universe?

In a certain Tina and Kelli's universe of course. 

2 hours ago, Opine said:

Y'all know a group leader has to bring little gifts for her group, right?  That explains all the bags!

I thought those bags was what was given to them by DCC. I wonder when the group leaders will be announced.

Hmm did they say that it is 2 week TCC? which means vets returned on saturday meaning this is the last week right or is it 2 weeks with vets meaning 3 weeks in total (for rookies etc)?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

In a certain Tina and Kelli's universe of course. 

I thought those bags was what was given to them by DCC. I wonder when the group leaders will be announced.

Hmm did they say that it is 2 week TCC? which means vets returned on saturday meaning this is the last week right or is it 2 weeks with vets meaning 3 weeks in total (for rookies etc)?

First meeting was 6 days ago so they made it threw the first week !! Those bags are usually given to them for the calendar shoot but bc they didn’t get to go They got them anyways to take to training camp 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1