Type keyword(s) to search

Season 22 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

I think Christine has had some work done. Here she is rocking her Dani shirt.

Who wouldn’t with all the talk, for years, of how hideous she looks?  People wonder why women resort to so much plastic surgery. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

How were David and Kevin ever considered a threat?  That is funny.

I would consider Kevin a threat due to his first season and due to people with his type of gameplay tend to be first boots on all-star seasons he was definitley more of a threat than Keesha. It's why Janelle didn't want to align with him. Kevin was by far a better player on his season than most of the cast.   He was also good at comps on his original season and seems to be in a better shape. Granted his original season didn't have a lot of strategists it was more of a big personality season.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, NightOwl89 said:

It’s not that. It’s the inherent racism of these people that Grodner keeps casting. And it’s a long running pattern. If I’ve read correctly- one black man has made it to jury over the history of the show? 

The typical person in power in this game is someone who is used to privilege and used to “having power”. The fact that white people have won all but one power this game, and the fact that no white man has gone on the block shows a clear systemic bias. They may never admit it, but it is there.

The jury started in season 4 before season 4 the whole cast was on the jury and not sequestered.  Marvin, Beau, Marcellas, Ollie and Kevin all made the jury. The bigger issue is not one black man since season 11 has made the jury which is 11 years ago. That is also because the show didn't cast a single black man for seasons 12, 14, 17, and 19. 

Leaving David out of it because I didn't watch season 21. I do now about the racism last year, but also I've read that he hung out with the racists a few months ago and David hasn't impressed me on this season. I am watching 21 for the first time right now. Out of the black men they cast post-season 11 only Lawon and Howard would probably make the jury  if the circumstances had been different. Lawon wanted to be voted out because Julie teased that evictee would get a surprise so he took it to mean he would get special powers and voted back in. Instead he had to compete against Brendon to get back in and he didn't.Insert other media

Howard was a victim of racism and was in the dudebro alliance of that season. Season 15 is one of the few seasons that the dudebro alliance got broken up when Nick was evicted week 2 due to the MVP twist.  I wished they had put Howard on this season instead of David. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 4

I think the issue with Dani and Cody is honestly the amount of time they spend on that corner bed. It looks ... bad. Dani seems to spend about 23 hours of the day on that bed and Cody is often with her. I know this is the Big Brother house with limited spaces but I'd feel weird lolling in bed with someone if I was married with a kid at home. 

But this is the third season Dani's played where she spends 23 hours lying in bed. She's just one of those HG's that lies around all day.

• Love 3

I know people don't want to make this forum solely about the big problems in our country right now but I do have a genuine question? Why have so few black men and women been cast on BB in general? Seems like in seasons past they pick: 1 black man, 1 black woman, several  white jocks, several white "models," your token unicorn with a fondness for colored hair, a smart nerd, a superfan, a couple white sporty types and maybe one or two from the gay and lesbian community.... By far, the cast is predominately white and so it's not surprising to see the inherent bias play out. It's almost as if it's set up that way. Being white myself, I didn't notice it in those terms as much -- now it's so glaringly obvious and disturbing -- which I guess is a sign of growth overall for us.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Coco88 said:

My preferred winners in order are currently Day, David, Kevin, Ian, Memphis (I’m assuming Bay goes this week).  But the BB Gods hate me and that list will probably be the order of coming evictions.

I have a horrible feeling that Nicole is going to win and/or make the Final 2. Ugh!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

She said that stuff?! I don't think it is bad she nommed them both, but saying she will get forked and stabbed looks bad.  Wow. 

Yup, Christmas said all those things to Dani and Franzel in the course of twenty minutes before she made her nominations. Specifically Christmas was saying all of that about Bayleigh. Franzel, to her credit, actually said after the fork line that Christmas should "stop, that's disgusting" but whether it was the microaggression or the idea of all that icky blood that grossed Franzel out, we'll never know. Bayleigh is reactive and she tends to lash out when hurt to hurt others worse than she is but framing your anxiety towards one of the black women in the house to make her into the Angry Black Woman stereotype with a side of All Black People Are Violent Criminals is gross. Especially when you yourself were arrested for criminal mischief because you lost your shit and tried to monster truck your vehicle into and over your ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend's vehicle. 

Now ask yourself: would Christmas ever say that about Dani, if she had nominated her? Or Franzel? Of course not. But when it came to Bayleigh, the perceived threats of violence just flooowed out of Christmas. 

3 hours ago, LGGirl said:

No. He’s not married.  Dani and Christine (at the time) are/were married. That is why they got blow back.  Cody is not.  

Being married matters.  Cody, JMPO, can do what he wants. He is technically single.  

As I tell my kids, everyone is fair game until they are married.  But if someone cheats with you when they are single then they will probably cheat on you when you are married.   

A ring is just a ring. Nothing really changes when someone gets married - their name, maybe, and their tax bracket if they file together. But a ring doesn't magically make someone more committed to a person than they already were pre-ring. It just makes it harder to leave them because now you need lawyers but that's also true of common law relationships depending on your level of petty and who bought the TV. Cody isn't "technically single". He's talked about his long relationship with his girlfriend. He believes himself to be in a committed relationship. Just because there isn't an overpriced piece of jewelry attached to it doesn't make it any less than another relationship. 

• Love 21
8 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

I think Christine has had some work done. Here she is rocking her Dani shirt.

I don't think she's had any work done. In her most recent pics, she looks the same as always. If she has had work done, she should ask for a refund.  

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I’m calling it now. Memphis is winning the season. He’s the only one who is still in an actual secret alliance, and nobody has looked twice at him when it comes to noms. Except for David, but everyone rolls their eyes at his revenge plans. 

I'm actually fine with a Memphis win. I've been saying I want Nicole to win cause I think she might be playing the best game, but I actually think Memphis could be giving her a run for her money. And he's not quite as annoying. I actually think his grumpiness is entertainting.

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Love 1

It sounds like Franzel and Dani threw the Veto to Christmas to avoid getting blood on their hands. 

Da'Vonne to herself: "Fact: you lost. Fact: you're on the block. Fact: there's still game to be played so get off your ass-"

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Victim Noises said:

I don't think she's had any work done. In her most recent pics, she looks the same as always. If she has had work done, she should ask for a refund.

I think she looks pretty good in that pic, but I agree that it's not surgical. Just contacts, better skincare, and some makeup. Some people are blessed with natural beauty; those of us who aren't, have to make a little effort. 

• Love 6

It also sounds like the Bayleigh and Dani drama blew up during the Veto and just before and now Cody is telling Enzo that he's basically washing his hands of both of them and no longer talking to either of them (from a game way, not a personal way). 

Memphis: "Why did Christmas grab Tyler first? Why why why?"

Edited by Callaphera
6 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

I think she looks pretty good in that pic, but I agree that it's not surgical. Just contacts, better skincare, and some makeup. Some people are blessed with natural beauty; those of us who aren't, have to make a little effort. 

I think she looks good in that pic too! Make-up really can do so much--I wish I was a guy who knew how to use it. She has always reminded me, looks-wise, of one of my favorite tennis players from the olden days Mary Pierce.

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

This Veto comp sounds messy as hell. Franzel took either a prize or a punishment instead of taking the Veto from Bayleigh or Da'Vonne, making Christmas take it instead. Christmas and Dani were whispering back and forth about something. People are now looking at Tyler and Christmas as a possible duo or at least a questionable relationship. It's a fucking mess. 

Dani got a Never Not pass.

Cody to Dani: "It's okay, you're a human."
Memphis, as he's walking out: "Maybe. Kinda. Sorta. Maybe halfway."

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Franzel got a "slop-itard". According to Dani, it was "so nice and a game move" to give Da'Vonne the $5K. Franzel really wanted the slop-itard.

Christmas continues to tell everyone that she's empowering women and she thinks all the women left in the house are the baddest bitches ever... yet she still nominated two women. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

• Love 5

I'm assuming Bay is done then.  

It's either going to be a very messy week or another snoozefest if she decides to sleep the week away. Not gonna lie, I hope she continues to take her shots. She's got nothing to lose. I bet both Dani and Tyler try to hide from her.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Franzel got a "slop-itard". According to Dani, it was "so nice and a game move" to give Da'Vonne the $5K. Franzel really wanted the slop-itard.

Christmas continues to tell everyone that she's empowering women and she thinks all the women left in the house are the baddest bitches ever... yet she still nominated two women. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

Yeah, Christmas has a real blind spot. Um, you’re the baddest bitches but you nominated two woman from your fake alliance. OMG! I just can’t with Christmas. And, to make it worse she’s actually “winning” stuff. I want to stab myself with a fork now. This is insane!!! 

• Love 5

It sounds like the Veto comp was a race in heats of some sort like the one Christmas won with a broken foot. 

Bayleigh: "When I saw Da'Vonne false start, it shook me."
Christmas: "It shook everyone."
STARS

2 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Xmas should use the veto on  and put up Ian he has been wanting to self-evict for days. 

It sounds like Ian didn't even play because of an anxiety attack. 

19 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Also to add to this; some people aren't photogenic.  I look pretty decent in person, but take horrible pics.

1 minute ago, choclatechip45 said:

Xmas should use the veto on  and put up Ian he has been wanting to self-evict for days. 

That'd be really awesome.  But this season sucks so far, so I'd be shocked if it did. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

It sounds like the Veto comp was a race in heats of some sort like the one Christmas won with a broken foot. 

Bayleigh: "When I saw Da'Vonne false start, it shook me."
Christmas: "It shook everyone."
STARS

It sounds like Ian didn't even play because of an anxiety attack. 

Yup he was in the DR this morning for hours. Enzo said they were checking his blood pressure. I don't want anyone having any mental breakdowns. I don't remember this being an issue in the first All-Stars even when Danielle had her breakdown. It just sucks that they could have had two people who wanted to be there instead of Nicole A and Ian who are going through a lot.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

I know people don't want to make this forum solely about the big problems in our country right now but I do have a genuine question? Why have so few black men and women been cast on BB in general? Seems like in seasons past they pick: 1 black man, 1 black woman, several  white jocks, several white "models," your token unicorn with a fondness for colored hair, a smart nerd, a superfan, a couple white sporty types and maybe one or two from the gay and lesbian community.... By far, the cast is predominately white and so it's not surprising to see the inherent bias play out. It's almost as if it's set up that way. Being white myself, I didn't notice it in those terms as much -- now it's so glaringly obvious and disturbing -- which I guess is a sign of growth overall for us.

I'm also white, and it is beyond irritating that they limit the number of black and gay players.  The result, as Brian Cronin mentions above, is that the young, white, straight kids vote them off first thing.  I loved Kevin back in the day because he made final 3 and was pumped with Kaycee's win in 20. It was particularly obvious/maddening last season when every non-white house guest was sent to Camp Comeback so it was visible. 

BB also doesn't like to cast anyone over 35 (I'm well above 35), but one welcome result of this being an all-star game in season 22 was they brought back Old School house guests.  And guess what?  3 of the 4 first evictees were over 40.  

I started to go into what I think the reasons are, but this was turning into a treatise.  

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It also sounds like the Bayleigh and Dani drama blew up during the Veto and just before and now Cody is telling Enzo that he's basically washing his hands of both of them and no longer talking to either of them (from a game way, not a personal way). 

Memphis: "Why did Christmas grab Tyler first? Why why why?"

What's the bold part mean? 

Also I've been putting lots of sad emoji stickers on posts today - not because the comments are sad - just because the players and their behavior are sad.

• Love 3
Just now, Tuxcat said:

What's the bold part mean? 

It sounds like after the comp was over and Christmas won, she made a beeline to Tyler to celebrate her win. Either that or she pulled him into a room to talk immediately after they got back into the house. (It was hard to follow, I was listening to both sides of the feeds at once.) It did not escape the notice of Cody and Memphis that Christmas went straight for Tyler. We know that Christmas and Tyler have an F2 but they've been very good about staying apart from each other in the house until now, I guess. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I remember when the season started, most people predicted this exact scenario of Day and Bay on the block but thought that Day would be the one to go home. Interesting to see that atm it appears to be playing out differently.

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Yeah i don't get it. She has the better man at home, Cody is a huge assbag 

She’s never been without male attention. Her first season she had a showmance. Her next she met Dom. She said they haven’t spent more than 2-3 days apart since they’ve been together. 
could be she just needs the attention. And Cody Flirts with everything. 

but it’s whatever to me. They’re both adults and it doesn’t effect me. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Ian did not play in the veto. (I think because of his anxiety attack)

Christmas and Cody would wish he would quit.

Maybe Tyler took Ian’s place. 

If Ian chooses to leave, maybe they’ll cancel the eviction this week. 

I’d like to see Day and Bayleigh stir some stuff up now that they have a better idea of where they stand. Though they still somehow think Dani and Nicole are on their side.

Edited by Michichick
  • Love 5

What's causing Ian to stress out so much? Being away from his gf? On Kaysar's eviction ep, he seemed to really be strategizing and going all Machiavelliam with Kaysar and Kevin. So I'm wondering what changed. Also does anyone remember if he was this anxious on his original season? 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Shorty186 said:

What's causing Ian to stress out so much? Being away from his gf? On Kaysar's eviction ep, he seemed to really be strategizing and going all Machiavelliam with Kaysar and Kevin. So I'm wondering what changed. Also does anyone remember if he was this anxious on his original season? 

After Christmas won HOH he apparently went to Nicole and told her everything. Bay got mad at him and they were having a conversation and Ian called her Day and Bay left because she found it disrespectful. Ever since that conversation he has been super anxious and has wanted to leave. We don't know most of what happened because the feeds were down.  I don't remember him being this anxious from his original season. I think his social skills were better on his original season tbh. I do remember after Britney was backdoored he was drinking and yelling at Frank a lot. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

But Ian is better than Dan, right? Because he didn't just beat Dan, he crushed him.

I think after this season Ian disappears from the fan community like some of the original All-Stars. I can't remember any winner besides maybe JT from Survivor ruin their legacy this much. Ian wasn't a great player, but definitley tried to put a spin on his game that he was this master strategist that thrashed Dan. I think the fan community bought the strategist part.

Edited by choclatechip45

What Christmas says: "I want us all to have a family dinner tonight."
What Christmas means: "I want us all to sit around the dining room table so that you can all admire the awesomeness that is me. Me, the comp beast. Me, the super nice HoH that hasn't taken off the HoH robe since I won. Me me me. I'm so awesome."

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I just can’t do it anymore.

I don't even get what Memphis is saying.

I can see why Day fact checking would be annoying but its not threatening. 

Just now, PoshSprinkles said:

From what I gather on other sites, he thinks his slip will be misconstrued as racist because he mixed up Bay/Day. 

I thought it was at first tbh. He would often brag about using 4chan on his original season and did a chat with them after his original season. My mind was changed after he told Nicole they need to stop acting like Bay/Day as the same person. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

What Christmas says: "I want us all to have a family dinner tonight."
What Christmas means: "I want us all to sit around the dining room table so that you can all admire the awesomeness that is me. Me, the comp beast. Me, the super nice HoH that hasn't taken off the HoH robe since I won. Me me me. I'm so awesome."

But will there be a gratitude circle?  They could all go around (except for Day and Bay of course) and tell her how grateful they are she didn't put them on the block.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

BB22: MAKE IT MAKE SENSE

23 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

But Ian is better than Dan, right? Because he didn't just beat Dan, he crushed him.

Okay so the TWO best things that came out of BB22: 1) My newfound appreciation for Kaysar 3.0 and 2) Ian coming back and showing the world what I (and a lot of you all) have been saying for eight years: Ian beating Dan is a joke and he's nowhere near the player he likes to brag that he is.

9 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I don't even get what Memphis is saying.

I can see why Day fact checking would be annoying but its not threatening. 

I think by aggressive he may mean confrontational. Which, she was lied to and is on the block and annoyed by it, so if she is confrontational, I understand (even if this is in large part her own doing by being so willingly blind).

But I didn't actually hear it myself; that's just how I took it when I read it.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

BB22: MAKE IT MAKE SENSE

Okay so the TWO best things that came out of BB22: 1) My newfound appreciation for Kaysar 3.0 and 2) Ian coming back and showing the world what I (and a lot of you all) have been saying for eight years: Ian beating Dan is a joke and he's nowhere near the player he likes to brag that is.

I think by aggressive he may mean confrontational. Which, she was lied to and is on the block and annoyed by it, so if she is confrontational, I understand (even if this is in large part her own doing by being so willingly blind).

But I didn't actually hear it myself; that's just how I took it when I read it.

Makes sense. I never understood why she came up with that whole lie about the Keesha vote the night before the eviction.

• Love 1

By the way, am I crazy or did I read that Christmas won veto because it was essentially thrown to her? Because she's bragging about all her wins but by my calculations, at least 50% of those (HoH and veto) she won by doing nothing, so she should maybe cut it out with the bragging so much.

• Love 8