Type keyword(s) to search

Season 22 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Is this unfair? Yes. Do I care? No.

The difference between being Fucking Fabulous or Fucking Franzel.
kbHbWnV.png

Nicole has to be pissed that Janelle got a cute little twinkly star costume she looked Fucking Fabulous in, while she got an ugly, clunky "sloppies" costume she looks Fucking Franzel in. There's no way she won't whine about this at some point.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Thalia said:

I'm also white, and it is beyond irritating that they limit the number of black and gay players.  The result, as Brian Cronin mentions above, is that the young, white, straight kids vote them off first thing.

This isn’t just Big Brother, it’s all reality shows. When has Survivor ever had more than one black (or one black male + one black female) player in a season? Amazing Race, Project Runway, even Top Chef— all overwhelmingly white and straight... and young. I can only assume that the (presumably mostly white) casting personnel operate with the same unconscious bias as the players. They choose people they are comfortable with or can identify with— people like themselves. But they also toss in a few “others” in order to feel progressive. You also can’t discount the advertiser influence, as they are seeking particular audiences and casts are populated with people whom producers think will deliver those audiences.  It sucks, and producers keep making noise about changing, but I don’t see it happening until large-scale changes happen behind the scenes. Check back around 2070.

6 hours ago, Shorty186 said:

What's causing Ian to stress out so much? Being away from his gf? On Kaysar's eviction ep, he seemed to really be strategizing and going all Machiavelliam with Kaysar and Kevin. So I'm wondering what changed. Also does anyone remember if he was this anxious on his original season? 

I don’t remember Ian being this anxious before, but this time he is a returning winner and probably feels he has more to prove. Based on what I heard him say about struggling to align his moral compass with gaming against friends, I also think that the revelations about Nicole hit him hard. He really seemed to think they had a genuine bond, and to find out she was just playing him... I think that was really hurtful.

Bayleigh just expressed something similar about Christmas. She was crying and talking about how Christmas would come and visit with her for hours, and I got the sense she really thought they had each others’ backs.  I think it’s harder for players on a season like this, where they have pre-established relationships. Everything probably seems much more personal than when you’re playing against strangers.  The new-school style of play, where everyone has to be friends first and competitors second, probably doesn’t help either. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

SEE?!?!

EVERYBODY likes her a lot more than you, Nicole.  It makes me laugh to imagine Nicole thinking she was going to get some cute, flirty-looking leotard, and instead she got... this.  

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 13
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

This isn’t just Big Brother, it’s all reality shows. When has Survivor ever had more than one black (or one black male + one black female) player in a season? Amazing Race, Project Runway, even Top Chef— all overwhelmingly white and straight... and young. I can only assume that the (presumably mostly white) casting personnel operate with the same unconscious bias as the players. They choose people they are comfortable with or can identify with— people like themselves. But they also toss in a few “others” in order to feel progressive. You also can’t discount the advertiser influence, as they are seeking particular audiences and casts are populated with people whom producers think will deliver those audiences.  It sucks, and producers keep making noise about changing, but I don’t see it happening until large-scale changes happen behind the scenes. Check back around 2070.

Arisa Cox was posting on Twitter a few weeks ago that for the next season of Big Brother Canada, they're aiming for 50% non-white representation. I might actually start watching BBCAN. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Bayleigh has 45 more laps to do but she has to stop every five or so laps (up from 20) to re-screw her pedal but the screw is stripped. 

She's trying to pedal with one foot now to the end. It's slower but she's getting there.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Tyler, Enzo, and Cody are riding the stationary bikes while Bayleigh does her last ten laps, Da'Vonne is leading the rest of them cheerleading her. 

Missing: Franzel, Dani, Memphis. 

3 hours, 20 minutes. 500 laps complete. It was actually kinda fun to watch them all singing and dancing for Bayleigh through the last handful of laps. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Missing: Franzel, Dani, Memphis. 

Well, Memphis is asleep, obviously, so he gets a pass. Of course Dani and Nicole couldn’t be bothered to show support for anyone other than themselves. It was nice to see the others cheering for her, though.

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

In regards to Survivor there was the season that Yul won and the season Earl won. 

I wouldn't mind seeing more diversity in the cast.  But I think what people tend to not factor in is it is still a white majority country, so I wonder if they cast on the actual percentage of the population.  Maybe not, I mean I don't know what percentage it would be to cast people in such a manner.  But I wonder if that does not factor into it.  I mean if this was say Big Brother Japan would people be complaining about the lack of white players over there? Probably not.

23 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Arisa Cox was posting on Twitter a few weeks ago that for the next season of Big Brother Canada, they're aiming for 50% non-white representation. I might actually start watching BBCAN. 

You should have done so already.  Granted I have no been able to watch the last I believe two seasons, damn you YouTube enforcing copyright laws, but all of the other seasons have been great that I have watched. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, 30 Helens said:

Well, Memphis is asleep, obviously, so he gets a pass. Of course Dani and Nicole couldn’t be bothered to show support for anyone other than themselves. It was nice to see the others cheering for her, though.

It's so disconcerting seeing Nicole become a mean girl. It's so not her style. It's bizarre. 

• Love 3

https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto2/status/1302518364900929537

1 minute ago, 30 Helens said:

Dani is in the DR, Franzel went to bed just because her head was itchy from the cheap wig so she was cranky. But yeah, the rest of the house stayed up and cheered for Bayleigh and then half of them peaced out immediately to go to bed. But they were determined to be awake to see her finish. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

You should have done so already.  Granted I have no been able to watch the last I believe two seasons, damn you YouTube enforcing copyright laws, but all of the other seasons have been great that I have watched. 

Canadian versions of American shows are so hard to watch. There's something about the lighting that is so very identifiable as Canadian and it makes it feel like imitation cheese versus a nice triple brie. The only ones I've managed to make it all the way through was Canada's Drag Race and the first two seasons of The Amazing Race Canada. I keep meaning to finally sit down and watch BBCAN - I mean, I applied for, like, three seasons so I should see it (I've given up the dream now that I'm edging closer to my 40s) but I keep forgetting to watch when it comes on. 

You should be able to use a VPN set to Canada and access the show on either Global TV or Slice. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Franzel went to bed just because her head was itchy from the cheap wig so she was cranky.

I'm one of those people who can't tolerate wearing anything itchy or ill-fitting, it makes me crazy, so I can sympathize. Between an itchy wig and a hideous, decidedly non-sexy outfit, Nicole is going to spend the next few days in an extremely bad mood.

2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Canadian versions of American shows are so hard to watch. 

I know what you mean, but actually BBCan, in my opinion, has better production values than BB US. The house is way nicer, too. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I'm one of those people who can't tolerate wearing anything itchy or ill-fitting, it makes me crazy, so I can sympathize. Between an itchy wig and a hideous, decidedly non-sexy outfit, Nicole is going to spend the next few days in an extremely bad mood.

Yeah but Franzel kept talking about how she wanted the costume punishment because it's like her thing (guaranteed air time on the show) and it's okay because it's fun and then in the next breath, she complains about the wig and it's too big for her and it's hard to sit in and and and. No wonder her and Dani are such good friends - they complain to get the things that they want and and then when they do get what they want, they complain endlessly about it. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Yeah but Franzel kept talking about how she wanted the costume punishment

I think she wanted the cute costume punishment. It probably never occurred to her they'd give her the dorky one. 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I think she wanted the cute costume punishment. It probably never occurred to her they'd give her the dorky one. 😁

Totally. The HGs that were near the DR actually heard Franzel shout "NOOOOO!" when she saw the costume which cracks me up. 

Truthfully, Janelle could make the Sloppies Box costume look Fucking Fabulous as much as she did the star: it all comes down to attitude. Franzel, on the other hand, is getting swallowed up by a frumpy costume and her attitude matches it. Also I think a little of Franzel's reaction to it is a put-on because she gets more attention from others when she complains. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
50 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing more diversity in the cast.  But I think what people tend to not factor in is it is still a white majority country, so I wonder if they cast on the actual percentage of the population. 

Currently, whites total just under 56% of the population, so... 

To give this season just a little bit of credit, they cast 5 POC, which is 1/3 of the cast. And since Kevin is gay, they got a two-fer with him.  The cynic in me wonders if that factored into his selection.

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Franzel went to bed just because her head was itchy from the cheap wig so she was cranky.

This really shouldn’t delight me as much as it does.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

This isn’t just Big Brother, it’s all reality shows. When has Survivor ever had more than one black (or one black male + one black female) player in a season? Amazing Race, Project Runway, even Top Chef— all overwhelmingly white and straight... and young. I can only assume that the (presumably mostly white) casting personnel operate with the same unconscious bias as the players.

There is one reality show that is diverse and always been and that is Real World and Challenge. They always had a mixture. The only thing they want is drama so they made sure to mix it up. 

1 hour ago, BK1978 said:

In regards to Survivor there was the season that Yul won and the season Earl won. 

You forgot the queen. Sandra. lol I can't remember if there was more because I forgot the winners as soon as they win.

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

The only ones I've managed to make it all the way through was Canada's Drag Race and the first two seasons of The Amazing Race Canada.

You are missing out. I love Amazing Race Canada. We always get to see some amazing scenery. I wish they would go back to just racing in Canada. Big Brother is a hit or miss mainly because of the people cast. They follow the US formula  and I believe it was the same casting person. My favourite BB is Australia. 

• Love 2

In his first season, Ian had the freedom of being in the back yard.  And though it drove people nuts ... his hammock.  The hammock provided him with the ability to release his pent  up energies.  This season he does not have that.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

EVERYBODY likes her a lot more than you, Nicole.  It makes me laugh to imagine Nicole thinking she was going to get some cute, flirty-looking leotard, and instead she got... this.  

In my stone cold Grinch-sized heart, they had a cute costume ready for Janelle or Day or Kaysar and that box for everyone else.

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Bayleigh just expressed something similar about Christmas. She was crying and talking about how Christmas would come and visit with her for hours, and I got the sense she really thought they had each others’ backs.  

Bay has proven on her first season and The Challenge that she takes it really hard when she finds out people she thought were her genuine friends turn out to have just been playing her in the game. Which obviously most people take that hard lol but for some reason when Bay does she has a victim mentality or is nuts or is playing the race card. 

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

To give this season just a little bit of credit, they cast 5 POC, which is 1/3 of the cast. 

And yet, look what's still happening. Sigh.

27 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

Ah, I see they're trying to use Janelle/Kaysar for views when they couldn't be bothered to rig for them lol.

• Love 9
On 9/5/2020 at 12:30 AM, Callaphera said:

I think it falls in the same category as sex. The man sleeps around and he's king shit. The woman sleeps around and she's a slut. No matter what, the woman is held to a higher standard and expected to be better while the man gets the high fives and the atta-boys!

My snort of laughter was very Canadian. 

That's what Rodney on Survivor says.

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I was thinking about it for me it really is Day or bust.  Maybe Memphis or Kevin, but I don't know.  I would have said Enzo but I soured on him after his HOH.  After what Bayleigh and Christopher did to season 19 Kevin, I just cannot hope that she wins.  Had she not done that that and doubled down on doing nothing wrong I might be willing to see her win.  

Funny you say that, because I came to that realization during the last live show.  I was saying, "If Cody does not make it to the end I think Memphis is going to be the winner because he seems to be off everyone's radar with the exception of David."  I don't think anyone could beat Cody, but if Cody is gone I do think Memphis might win.

See that is why I had Howard as someone who should have come back because he had the potential to be a good player and he was a victim of the racist mentality of that season.

Oh totally, she saw how much love she got from the fans during her first season when she had to wear the Oktoberfest Beer Hall Girl outfit (I know there is an actual name for that outfit but I am blanking).  Which at the time I remember thinking about her, "Hey she's cute, she sort looks like Taylor Swift wearing an Oktoberfest outfit." 

She probably thinks that she'll get that kind of reaction now.  Which I would say is highly doubtful. 

It was the Germitard. The first episode of BB I ever watched she was wearing the Germitard.

• LOL 1

BB has a particular problem with minorities making it to the end.

Was Danielle Reyes and Jun the only minorities to make it to the final 2?  

Edited by Coco88
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

What the fuck does this mean lol?

Maybe it's a way for BB to make certain houseguests think that BB and America actually care what they think by calling them to the DR for fake sessions.  I can't imagine why they would bother doing that but some of them appear to have rather fragile egos.  Was it Dani that kept complaining that she never gets called to the DR?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, zorak said:

Maybe it's a way for BB to make certain houseguests think that BB and America actually care what they think by calling them to the DR for fake sessions.  I can't imagine why they would bother doing that but some of them appear to have rather fragile egos.  Was it Dani that kept complaining that she never gets called to the DR?

There was a point where Dani hadn’t been called the DR in days. I’m not sure where in the game this was but she did say it. I’m sure some are called to the DR more then others for whatever is going on in the game Dani hasn’t been HOH or won Veto so she hasn’t been that instrumental in the game in front of everyone. She also isn’t that likable this season either. LOL!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Callaphera said:

https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto2/status/1302518364900929537

Dani is in the DR, Franzel went to bed just because her head was itchy from the cheap wig so she was cranky. But yeah, the rest of the house stayed up and cheered for Bayleigh and then half of them peaced out immediately to go to bed. But they were determined to be awake to see her finish. 

This is really cute. I'm going to miss Day and Bay being in the house together. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Maybe he meansDRs where they say, "Maybe I'll keep Kaysar," just so that there is some footage of them saying that in case it happens? 

That's what I was thinking. Or they'll get someone after they have a comp loss to pretend it hasn't happened yet and they're sure they're going to win. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

There was a point where Dani hadn’t been called the DR in days

The posts about the DR got me thinking and I suddenly realized that the DR segments are 100% my most hated part of BB now. 

In the early seasons, the DR was where the houseguests went to tell the truth. They'd tell all kinds of lies and put on a facade for the other players but in the DR we as the audience were the only ones who got to hear what they were really thinking. (See Dr. Will) It was great! 

Nowadays, houseguests telling the truth is about 1% of the segments. The other 99% is them setting up comps, discussing comps in a super scripted way, or mouthing endless clichés. They're literally just filler now, or ways to misdirect the viewers. I absolutely hate it and FF when possible. 

• Love 16

The best DRs were in BBOTT. They were live, everyone had a list of questions they had to answer about their strategy, who they were aligned with, who they didn’t trust, and they were amazing! By far the best innovation about that season. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

The best DRs were in BBOTT. They were live, everyone had a list of questions they had to answer about their strategy, who they were aligned with, who they didn’t trust, and they were amazing! By far the best innovation about that season. 

Celebrity Big Brother also had some good DR's. But I think the cast was just more interesting than the regular season BB casts.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Katesus7 said:

The best DRs were in BBOTT

I keep hearing great things about this season, but never saw it. Was it totally online? Is it still available to watch? 

Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Celebrity Big Brother also had some good DR's. But I think the cast was just more interesting than the regular season BB casts.

I loved Celebrity BB. Short and entertaining. 

4 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I keep hearing great things about this season, but never saw it. Was it totally online? Is it still available to watch? 

You can still watch the episodes on CBS all access. I didnt watch OTT when it was first airing as I didnt have the service yet, and I regretted it in hindsight. After watching the eps, I would have loved to experience it fully. I mean, Shelby alone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3