Type keyword(s) to search

Season 22 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Christmas realizes the optics of putting Bayleigh and Da'Vonne up on the block.

Christmas also said that she was going to get cut, stabbed, shot, and was going to get a fork in the face for her nominations. Apparently she can't see the optics of her own comments. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Bayleigh went to go talk to Christmas again. Christmas is tip-toeing around, trying to be an ally to the black woman, and Bayleigh is giving back very much "Go girl, give us nothing!" energy.

And now they're both crying. I don't even know. 

Bayleigh: "And I feel like you're afraid of me."
Christmas: "I'm not afraid of you!"
Also Christmas: "OMG I think Bayleigh might cut me in my sleep and stab me with a fork at breakfast because I'm going to nom her."

Just now, choclatechip45 said:

Did Nicole leave the HOH or is she hiding in there?

She left during STARS, I think. She was in there when Bayleigh knocked and then gone when the STARS went away. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Bayleigh: "And I feel like you're afraid of me."
Christmas: "I'm not afraid of you!"
Also Christmas: "OMG I think Bayleigh might cut me in my sleep and stab me with a fork at breakfast because I'm going to nom her."

She left during STARS, I think. She was in there when Bayleigh knocked and then gone when the STARS went away. 

Thanks. That's what I saw stupid stars. 

34 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

If we had awards at the end of the season for Best Read of a Former HG, it would totally be awarded to @BK1978 for the Geddy Lee crack. I'm still laughing 10 minutes later. 

We've been referring to Christine as Geddy Lee in the Jeebus household for years. When my mom saw Cody would be on this season, her first words were, "That's the dude who spent his whole season caressing Geddy Lee!" No lies detected, Mom. 

• LOL 9
Just now, Jeebus Cripes said:

We've been referring to Christine as Geddy Lee in the Jeebus household for years. When my mom saw Cody would be on this season, her first words were, "That's the dude who spent his whole season caressing Geddy Lee!" No lies detected, Mom. 

The use of the word caressing is accurate, yet unsettling.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Dani walks past Ian and Franzel (who just felt the HoH room), asking if Christmas is asleep yet. No, she just turned out the lights. Dani says okay, I'm just going to go say good night to her.

Dani: *walks into the HoH* "I just wanted to say good night to you." *hugs Christmas* "So, like if you get Houseguest's Choice, what are you doing to do? Because I feel like Tyler would literally use it on them if he wins it."

Just saying good night, eh?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I’m reading Enzo or Kevin has the 3rd power.  I find it hard to believe as neither would be able to keep their mouth shut. Tyler,Ian or Memphis could though. 

Do we only know that Dani and Xmas have one based on their word?  I guess I should add ‘what the power is’ also.   Pretty sure they would both twist and turn things a bit. 

7 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Sadly I understand it more in the Christine/Cody situation than the Cody/Dani situation.  I always felt that the blow back on the Christine/Cody situation was more because she looked like Geddy Lee and he is, as you say, conventionally attractive.  So with their situation I always thought that people probably felt like, "What the hell is he doing flirting with someone who looks like that?"

However, in this Cody/Dani situation I am not sure why it should all fall on Dani.  They are both good looking, so that theory would go out the window.  So yeah the guy is getting the pass here, because reasons?  He is a guy?  I honestly don't know.

I think Christine has had some work done. Here she is rocking her Dani shirt.

8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Everywhere I go (which is Twitter and Reddit because I love how they hate each other, it's a true hatemance for the ages) I see all this "oh no, poor Dom" energy but as usual it's the woman taking the heat and the man sliding. I realize Dani is married but Cody has a girlfriend he's been with for two years now, I think. But it's okay because he's a man. And even though every clip with the two of them that everyone uses as ammunition of impropriety has a give-and-take between Dani and Cody, funny how it's always Dani's fault. 

Personally I don't see the impropriety. I see innocent flirting that's being used in a game situation - they're not going to start banging in the HoH shower or holding hands. But if we're going to brand Dani with a scarlet letter, can we also brand Cody?

Oh my dude. I also don't get it. I just made plans to spend the half of the upcoming week out of town with my bestie (she broke her foot and her hand in a bike accident) and I am so fucking excited to have some time away from the husband and have a whole bed to myself. I'm gonna miss the cat more than him. 

I can just picture Sam at home, glaring at her TV at these evil seductresses manipulating fine, honorable men into casually flirting with them. The gall!

I agree that everything seems pretty innocent. That said, I think so much of it is knowing what your partner would be comfortable with (ideally because you’ve discussed it). Either or both of them might have had a conversation with their partner before leaving about how innocent flirting might be used as a strategy in the game—after all, they’re trying to win money that will ultimately better the lives of their families as well. That being said, you would also likely have to anticipate that there would be backlash or energy from viewers that is going to primarily affect your partner at home, not you, and know that they can handle that and feel secure about the relationship without being able to communicate with you. It’s a tricky balance, I think, but a doable one if you truly have a strong and trusting relationship (and a partner with a thick skin when it comes to social media). The problem as I see it comes in if you’re either actually crossing lines of acceptable behavior as determined by you and your partner or if you’re assuming your partner is comfortable (or pressuring them to be comfortable) when he or she truly isn’t. Like, if Dom is sitting at home going “Um, WTF,” that’s obviously a problem. But I also highly doubt that’s the case. Cody’s gf...who knows. If she’s anything like Paulie’s girlfriend, he could probably have sex with someone on the feeds and still be forgiven. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

I think Christine has had some work done. Here she is rocking her Dani shirt.

She looks really pretty. Maybe she did have work done. I wouldn't blame her if she did, being the target of so much cruel attention to her looks. What's the name of the trope? Hollywood Homely? It's where perfectly normal looking people IRL are considered homely by movie and TV standards. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Even if Day or Bay won Veto Christmas could block it somehow, right? I might be misunderstanding what the actual power is though. 

Christmas can't keep the veto winner from taking themselves off the block, she can only prevent the HOH from naming someone as the replacement nominee.

19 minutes ago, lyric said:

Has a white guy been on the block even once this season? 

Nope.

• Love 1

While I loathe Swaggy I saw on his twitter that he wants Bay to come home & not worry about jury. He said she did does not need the headache or the money. Hopefully, if she she really does want to avoid jury that she will go home. Also, on a shallow note I really like her short hair. She looks so more sophisticated with it. Now if she would lose that anchor Swaggy............

Swaggy came off as the way better half in the challenge.  I think he’s just one of those people who acts big and bad behind a computer screen 

Even if Day or Bay won Veto Christmas could block it somehow, right? I might be misunderstanding what the actual power is though. I’m guess it will be a week full of drama and the next HOH will be the game changer. Of course, I said the same thing about last nights HOH but I really meant this week. LOL!!!!!

No I think Christmas only blocks someone going on the block. So she wouldn’t use it this week since she decides. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ellee said:

I’m reading Enzo or Kevin has the 3rd power.  I find it hard to believe as neither would be able to keep their mouth shut. Tyler,Ian or Memphis could though. 

I thought someone said Memphis had it.

Well the noms will bring some much needed drama... and also keep my favorites out of the crosshairs as the others turn on each other and it is about time. Ian and David can now fly under the radar as others are targeted. 

I want David to win. I know he is not an All Star but these All Stars are not who I want to win. 

• Love 5

My preferred winners in order are currently Day, David, Kevin, Ian, Memphis (I’m assuming Bay goes this week).  But the BB Gods hate me and that list will probably be the order of coming evictions.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Coco88 said:

My preferred winners in order are currently Day, David, Kevin, Ian, Memphis (I’m assuming Bay goes this week).  But the BB Gods hate me and that list will probably be the order of coming evictions.

I myself want Day, David, Ian or Memphis to win at this point. Also Kaysar and Janelle to tie for AFP. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lyric said:

Has a white guy been on the block even once this season? 

I think the question is moot because I do not think HOHs put HGs on the block based on race. They do it based on who the biggest threats are. Do you think an HOH sits up there and thinks: "Oh no white guy has been put up so Enzo and Memphis, it is now your turn." 

I do not understand the above logic. Eventually "white guys" will be on the block. This is not a game that is a race war. I am hoping David wins. I am rooting for him. He is actually the only HG I even like in there now. And when he wins, the order in which the others were voted out will not matter. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

I think the question is moot because I do not think HOHs put HGs on the block based on race. They do it based on who the biggest threats are. Do you think an HOH sits up there and thinks: "Oh no white guy has been put up so Enzo and Memphis, it is now your turn." 

I do not understand the above logic. Eventually "white guys" will be on the block. This is not a game that is a race war. I am hoping David wins. I am rooting for him. He is actually the only HG I even like in there now. And when he wins, the order in which the others were voted out will not matter. 

How were David and Kevin ever considered a threat?  That is funny.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Christmas realizes the optics of putting Bayleigh and Da'Vonne up on the block.

Christmas also said that she was going to get cut, stabbed, shot, and was going to get a fork in the face for her nominations. Apparently she can't see the optics of her own comments. 

She said that stuff?! I don't think it is bad she nommed them both, but saying she will get forked and stabbed looks bad.  Wow. 

• Love 4

Christmas:  "I'm not an asshole.  I'm savage.  I'm not a bitch."

Agree to disagree.

Christmas is one of those people who is all "I'm direct, I'm honest" when what they really are is bitchy. Not the same thing, but, you know.

Yeah, when people say "so-and-so is a straight shooter who tells it like it is" the translation is really "so-and-so is an asshole who insults people right to their faces."

However, in this Cody/Dani situation I am not sure why it should all fall on Dani.  They are both good looking, so that theory would go out the window.  So yeah the guy is getting the pass here, because reasons?  He is a guy?  I honestly don't know.

Based on my anecdotal experience, when a man cheats on a woman, the woman always directs more of her anger at the other woman rather than at the man. It's because of that whole Men are from Mars bullshit: i.e. men are "hard-wired" to cheat and therefore cannot help themselves, whereas women are predatory.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

I should have included that they also nominate the players who are "nerds" or not one of the "popular kids" like Nicole A. Last season, Nicole A was targeted because she was a "weiner dog." They do not (at first) go after the jocks. But their turn will come. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, luvbadtv said:

They weren't considered threats. They were put up as pawns.  People voted for them to stay because there are not perceived as threats. Thats why they were good pawns for those HOHs to put up. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

David hosting.

That should tack a good 2 hours on to the length of the competition, as he explains the rules and everyone has to figure out what the hell he’s saying. “First you take this and put it over there and then whenever why not it was in a book where run over there besides not before you do that. Got it?” 

I’m calling it now. Memphis is winning the season. He’s the only one who is still in an actual secret alliance, and nobody has looked twice at him when it comes to noms. Except for David, but everyone rolls their eyes at his revenge plans. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 9/2/2020 at 6:01 PM, Callaphera said:

I don't think so. We'd like to think that America voting would stop it from happening but the broadcast only viewers love Nicole Franzel and Cody Cauliflower and Tyler Minus-Angela (I don't remember his last name) so it would end up going exactly the way it's been going. Feed watchers and spoilered fans are a very very small part of their demographic. Most people just watch two or three times a week and call it good. 

I’m not sure about that, though.

If America had been allowed to vote this time around I think at least Kaysar and Janelle would have been in there a hell of a lot longer and David and Nicole F would have been evicted a hell of a lot sooner.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, NightOwl89 said:

It’s not that. It’s the inherent racism of these people that Grodner keeps casting. And it’s a long running pattern. If I’ve read correctly- one black man has made it to jury over the history of the show? 

The typical person in power in this game is someone who is used to privilege and used to “having power”. The fact that white people have won all but one power this game, and the fact that no white man has gone on the block shows a clear systemic bias. They may never admit it, but it is there.

So going forward they should always nominate based on race? I think the power is not determined by privilege but by an immature pattern of high school popularity. The dopey jocks stick together and the others are to them just "nerds." 

These jocks will turn on each other and then the nerds fly under the radar. That is how Ian won. And when David wins (which I hope happens) your theory will be rendered false. 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I don’t think they overtly pick nominees based on race. I think the big alliance formed alliances with people they feel comfortable with, which is people who are not “other”. It’s not overt, it’s subconscious and something people need to make an effort to be aware of. 

It is a high school mentality. Nicole A was bullied last year. Why? She is white. She was targeted because she was the season's weiner dog...

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

It is a high school mentality. Nicole A was bullied last year. Why? She is white. She was targeted because she was the season's weiner dog...

She was “other” just like the POC are “other” to this year’s big white alliance. Acting on this bias isn’t okay just because it happens to white people sometimes, too. And it happens to POC a heck of a lot on this show.

Also, if I remember correctly last years big white alliance picked off all the POC early, while Nicole A was there until the end.

Edited by Michichick
  • Love 21
12 hours ago, BK1978 said:

However, in this Cody/Dani situation I am not sure why it should all fall on Dani.  They are both good looking, so that theory would go out the window.  So yeah the guy is getting the pass here, because reasons?  He is a guy?  I honestly

No. He’s not married.  Dani and Christine (at the time) are/were married. That is why they got blow back.  Cody is not.  

Being married matters.  Cody, JMPO, can do what he wants. He is technically single.  

As I tell my kids, everyone is fair game until they are married.  But if someone cheats with you when they are single then they will probably cheat on you when you are married.   

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

I want David to win. I know he is not an All Star but these All Stars are not who I want to win. 

I don't hate Ian, but it would be hilarious if he and David are in the final 2, David wins because no one wants a double winner and proceeds to go on a publicity tour talking about how he thrashed the guy who thrashed Dan Gheesling.  It might help Ian put his win into perspective.

Edited by leocadia
Pronoun confusion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I really need to Bay to win veto because that’s the only way something unexpected might happen. Also, Ratcole wants her gone so bad and I want her to not get what she wants lol.

Of course if Bay wins Kevin will almost certainly end up nommed but if he has the last power then him being nommed could actually be a good thing.

Why am I still hoping for something interesting to happen like it’s not gonna happen lol.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Michichick said:

She was “other” just like the POC are “other” to this year’s big white alliance. Acting on this bias isn’t okay just because it happens to white people sometimes, too. And it happens to POC a heck of a lot on this show.

I would agree with but look at the evictees.  All white woman except one Iranian man who was aligned with a strong white female. Looks to me that racism isn’t an issue but misogyny and sexism.   The bros along with Nichole who are running the house have a problem with strong woman thinking for themselves and playing their own game.  

Bay and Day are strong woman.  Look whose on the block.  Shocker. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

I would agree with but look at the evictees.  All white woman except one Iranian man who was aligned with a strong white female. Looks to me that racism isn’t an issue but misogyny and sexism.   The bros along with Nichole who are running the house have a problem with strong woman thinking for themselves and playing their own game.  

Bay and Day are strong woman.  Look whose on the block.  Shocker. 

Kaysar isn’t Iranian.

And “racism isn’t an issue” this season? I strongly disagree, and I will leave it at that.

• Love 16