Type keyword(s) to search

Season 22 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Memphis apparently told Tyler that the plan is to backdoor David.  Memphis is such a stupid asshole.  David is probably one of the two people he could win against, the other being Arbor Day.  If Memphis does back door David, I would love it if Memphis couldn’t get the votes and David stays.

• Love 4

This is difficult. We knew it was the plan yesterday by the way Memphis was acting, but it's still hard to watch. Davonne picked Nicole as HG choice. David has been effectively shut out by everyone. White alliance smearing him. Memphis is going to say "your handshake with me proves you are a snake..." He's going to level him. And then David won't even have Kevin or Day to turn to. Get David out of this house now - because it's honestly painful to watch. It's too toxic.

ETA - Kevin picked Dani. They both got HG choice - and picked Dani and Nicole. Ugh.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Memphis is sooooo dumb...

I wonder .....

Do you think he keeps saying things so that he finds out who is talking, who is talking to who, and most of all who can keep their mouth shut?

1 minute ago, Ellee said:

I wonder .....

Do you think he keeps saying things so that he finds out who is talking, who is talking to who, and most of all who can keep their mouth shut?

I think its possible...but given his past obsession with David... I think its doubtful. 

• Love 1

I've watched this show since 2000 and this is the first time I've ever skipped episodes. I mean, I didn't even skip an episode the night of my rehearsal dinner (it was Dr. Will/Season 2 so...can't blame me). I watched the eviction ep this week, but that was it. There have been plenty of years where I've HATED the cast, but this is a whole other ballgame. This show really failed us when we needed it most. 😕

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 16
29 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Kevin picked Dani. They both got HG choice - and picked Dani and Nicole. Ugh.

But who else could they count on to have their backs? Nobody, that’s who. Dani is the closest thing they have to an ally, and Nicole is close to Dani, so it was probably their best choice among terrible choices. 

• Love 6

I just read that, starting in October, Sunday episodes of BB will be bumped to Mondays so CBS can show old movies instead. Ratings must really be down.  Appropriately, the first two movies shown will be “Old School” and “Clueless”. And no, that is not a joke (at least, not mine).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

Thanks @Tuxcat  So Kevin picked Dani and Day picked Nicole. 

Memphis got the information he wanted.  And, David wasn’t either’s choice.  Nicole and Dani can’t use the veto if they win or they’d be going against his wishes.   If they do, the other goes up.  If Tyler wins and uses it (to follow the backdoor David plan) Memphis can say ‘Sorry, David’ or has an excuse to pick Dani or Nicole since they are apparently a foursome and whichever one comes down the other goes.   Or maybe setting up the first Committee’s evictions.  Do I make any sense?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Thanks @Tuxcat  So Kevin picked Dani and Day picked Nicole. 

Memphis got the information he wanted.  And, David wasn’t either’s choice.  Nicole and Dani can’t use the veto if they win or they’d be going against his wishes.   If they do, the other goes up.  If Tyler wins and uses it (to follow the backdoor David plan) Memphis can say ‘Sorry, David’ or has an excuse to pick Dani or Nicole since they are apparently a foursome and whichever one comes down the other goes.   Or maybe setting up the first Committee’s evictions.  Do I make any sense?

I had to read it a few times but yes! Did Memphis tell Nicole and Dani to not use the veto? If his plan is as multilayered as you say I am all for it. I still think he is simply executing his 'teach David a lesson' plan from week 2 but I do  hope I'm wrong.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

Totally. I'm not really sensitive to them. The last one that freaked me out was last year and mainly because it happened while I was asleep. This one I was up and texting with a friend in Altadena, so he got it worse. I really expected it to be higher (thankfully it wasn't). I'm in Studio City, but even my friends down in Santa Monica and Culver City felt it pretty hard.

I stayed awake for a little while after that just in case it was a foreshock. Helped that I kept getting alerts on my phone. There were a few aftershocks, which I didn't feel, so hopefully that's the last for a bit. We really don't need anymore of this.

I figured they might cut feeds and at least explain to the HG what they need to do if there is another one as not everyone has dealt with an earthquake. I mean I wouldn't know what to do in case of a tornado here. But they're on a sound stage so I'm sure it's pretty well re-enforced.

And while all this stuff sucks. I did enjoy this tweet.

Stay safe everyone!

ETA: Here's the tiniest of clips I found of it in the house. These people definitely do not know what to do in case of an earthquake.

So finally something exciting happens and they go to stars. 

I hate Memphis and he’s rarely seen on the broadcast show but he is playing the game. Which I appreciate. That said, with the Day, David & Kevin on the outs there isn’t anyone who I would want to win the game. Maybe, Enzo because he’s older and could probably use the money. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

But who else could they count on to have their backs? Nobody, that’s who. Dani is the closest thing they have to an ally, and Nicole is close to Dani, so it was probably their best choice among terrible choices. 

Kevin choosing Nicole isn’t the worst idea. She’s not been winning which improves his odds. I imagine she’ll throw it anyway since she’s paranoid now about being the bad guy. 

ETA:  Oops I meant Day. 

Edited by AryasMum
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I had to read it a few times but yes! Did Memphis tell Nicole and Dani to not use the veto? If his plan is as multilayered as you say I am all for it. I still think he is simply executing his 'teach David a lesson' plan from week 2 but I do  hope I'm wrong.

I thought I had read that Memphis said not to use it to Dani/Nicole and to use it to Tyler.  Now I’m reading that Memphis is telling everyone the BD David plan. There is speculation that that is simply to make everyone ‘relax’ when playing veto.  

I don’t know why but I keep hearing Memphis say ‘You miss Ian, Nicole, so maybe we can get the two of you together again.’  And, some version of that to Dani.   He knows that the two women are not fan favorites.  He might pick up a fan or two. I don’t know. 

Also, wasn’t there some speculation of David being the new Jerry?

30 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I just read that, starting in October, Sunday episodes of BB will be bumped to Mondays so CBS can show old movies instead. Ratings must really be down.  Appropriately, the first two movies shown will be “Old School” and “Clueless”. And no, that is not a joke (at least, not mine).

It's also because their original content (mostly dramas because of location shoots) aren't able to shoot.

The choices are "thematic" with back to school and Halloween themes hit, but I'm really interested to see how they make Old School and Scream acceptable TV content. I mean Old School you could sort of cut around, but Scream would be like 30 minutes long.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, grandmabegum said:

Oh, I just meant that if there are cracks in the alliance, who would he like to keep in jeopardy. Does that make sense? I can't tell what makes sense anymore.

Gotcha.  I think if his bd David plan is real, Memphis would prefer that David go up in place of Day.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Ellee said:

I thought I had read that Memphis said not to use it to Dani/Nicole and to use it to Tyler.  Now I’m reading that Memphis is telling everyone the BD David plan. There is speculation that that is simply to make everyone ‘relax’ when playing veto.  

I don’t know why but I keep hearing Memphis say ‘You miss Ian, Nicole, so maybe we can get the two of you together again.’  And, some version of that to Dani.   He knows that the two women are not fan favorites.  He might pick up a fan or two. I don’t know. 

Also, wasn’t there some speculation of David being the new Jerry?

Yeah I can't figure out how this would help in terms of jury votes though. He told Dani and Nicole to throw it. He wants the veto used. He even told Day and Kevin they were both safe. Sadly, I think his 'big plan' is just David...which actually is pretty silly given that David is already isolated within the house.

• Love 2

I think Memphis has a serious case of tunnel vision about David because it bugs the holy hell out of him that someone who, for all intents and purposes, never played Big Brother is there, potentially screwing things up by not knowing what he's doing. Rightly or wrongly, he just can't with a rookie being there.

That's my impression, anyhow.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I think Memphis has a serious case of tunnel vision about David because it bugs the holy hell out of him that someone who, for all intents and purposes, never played Big Brother is there, potentially screwing things up by not knowing what he's doing. Rightly or wrongly, he just can't with a rookie being there.

Precisely...however, he doesn't have to be an asshole about it.

I knew this was the plan, to not only BD David but to humiliate him when telling him why.

Fucking jackass!!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, grandmabegum said:

It's also because their original content (mostly dramas because of location shoots) aren't able to shoot.

The choices are "thematic" with back to school and Halloween themes hit, but I'm really interested to see how they make Old School and Scream acceptable TV content. I mean Old School you could sort of cut around, but Scream would be like 30 minutes long.

Oh don't worry, blood and murder and terrifying visuals are just good wholesome family fun. It's not like The Children will see a bare breast or hear the word fuck. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, colorsblend said:

Looks like it's the maze comp from 20

I am very much hoping these are drone pics and even that is pretty much "Not great, Bob" right now.

14 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Oh don't worry, blood and murder and terrifying visuals are just good wholesome family fun. It's not like The Children will see a bare breast or hear the word fuck. 

Well, there's definitely one bare ass. Bless you Old School.

ETA: Also your use of "The Children" made me think of "The Children of the Corn" which would be great for November as it's harvest season.

Edited by grandmabegum
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I think this is part of it, but I also think David makes everybody nervous because they don’t understand his gameplay and can’t predict his actions. “Wild cards” like this are also a source of concern on Survivor, and are usually voted out early.

Or, Memphis is just a racist asshole. It’s a toss-up.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Otherkate said:

There have been plenty of years where I've HATED the cast, but this is a whole other ballgame. This show really failed us when we needed it most. 😕

I don't want to support Memphis or any other racists in or out of the game, but if you exclude the things regarding people of color this season, these people didn't do anything to make us hate them so much. I mean, the strategy nowadays is to create a big group of people on day one and let this alliance help you till the end. It's natural that if there are 10 white, young, fit people and 6 people of color, the first will gravitate towards each other more than towards the POC. I'm not saying it in a racist way, they are just playing a game, they see each other for the first time (not this time, but I'm talking in general in this game), so they feel more comfortable with people that are closer to their way of living, hobbies, way of life etc. The Commitee did nothing wrong. One of The Commitee will win the game, no doubt about that. Why are we accusing them?

Us needing the game this year to help us with the lockdowns etc doesn't mean that the players should throw away their games...

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, himela said:

I don't want to support Memphis or any other racists in or out of the game, but if you exclude the things regarding people of color this season, these people didn't do anything to make us hate them so much. I mean, the strategy nowadays is to create a big group of people on day one and let this alliance help you till the end. It's natural that if there are 10 white, young, fit people and 6 people of color, the first will gravitate towards each other more than towards the POC. I'm not saying it in a racist way, they are just playing a game, they see each other for the first time (not this time, but I'm talking in general in this game), so they feel more comfortable with people that are closer to their way of living, hobbies, way of life etc. The Commitee did nothing wrong. One of The Commitee will win the game, no doubt about that. Why are we accusing them?

Us needing the game this year to help us with the lockdowns etc doesn't mean that the players should throw away their games...

Memphis has been over the top condescending toward David. Uncalled for as a game move. That being said, you're right that the big alliance shouldn't be blamed for playing the game in this general way. It's strategy. However, as David himself said "tribalism is to be expected. this game is not set up for us." So it's unfair from the get go and while that's not the players fault - they are surely aware of it.  There is some evidence of pre-gaming which led to this formation of this  six person white alliance.  Given the outright racist behavior last season and the current context of the world... I think many of us hoped that the players would be more aware of innate prejudices and that they would actually work a little harder to break down those barriers.  So if anything, its just really disheartening at least.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, himela said:

Except Memphis wanted Bayleigh in The Committee and it was Dani who said if you include Bay you have to include Day.

I don't like Memphis, but if he spoke to Bay before he spoke to Dani. Bay would be in the Committee instead of Xmas. 

I can't blame Day + Kevin for not trusting David. All David had to say was I voted Tyler out. He kept saying he stuck to the plan. The fact it took him last night to say is kind of crazy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Duhhh .... from what I’m reading now ... Memphis really really wants to get rid of David.  Lol this is why I normally read and not try to think game.  I’d make a good David-Marcellus-Lawon combination houseguest.   Good for laughs but not much more. 😁

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, himela said:

Ah, I think I wasn't super clear. In the past I've hated members of the cast, but still enjoyed watching (either to see them get their just desserts, ie Paul, or just because I'm a masochist). The problem this year is not about hating anyone (I don't feel anything that strong). It's that I'm bored as hell.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, I don't even hate these people, they're just not interesting. All-Star seasons suuuuuuuuck. 

I've had Sims with more personality than these guys. And at least those I can send to swim in the pool and then delete the pool ladder like the evil overlord I am. These guys just... do nothing and suck. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
On 9/19/2020 at 1:12 AM, himela said:

Dan being friends with racist Memphis sure says something about him. Maybe we have made Dan god but we can't see what he actually is.

Thankfully all of us don't think he's God. I think he's gross. People who claim to be religious but then have no problem using that to exploit the trust of people in the game rubs me the wrong way. I also don't find him to be a particularly charismatic, authentic, or genuine person (outside of the game, especially). He reluctantly agreed to be on Taran Armstrong's podcast (and Taran idolizes him for some reason), and it was like listening to paint dry. I couldn't get past like, maybe 10 or so minutes. From what little I did hear though, Dan talked around Big Brother in a way that was really annoying. I certainly wasn't tuning in to hear his thoughts about anything else in life. I also thought it was so wrong of him to say Andy was a bad player/winner like being a rat floater isn't a valid way to play the game. At least Andy didn't use his religion to fuck people over.

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Love 9

I think it would be in Tyler's best interest to not use the veto.  He and David had that argument, but I think that bridge can be rebuilt, especially if Tyler tells him that the plan was to backdoor him and Tyler is standing in the way of that happening.  Memphis can't be HOH next week and he is the only one in The Committee who would be truly upset that David wasn't backdoored as planned (LOL).  Neither Kevin nor Day are more likely to work with Tyler than David while they ARE likely to work with Nicole or Dani.  I want to see the fallout of Tyler refusing to comply with Memphis's orders.  Even though the week will still be predictable, at least that could stir up something.

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Waiting with baited breath to find out if Zingbot managed to work in the words “disgraceful” and “tasteless” in his zing to Dani.

zingbot just said "old."

Sounds like xmas and Nicole got the worst 

• Love 3

Da’Vonne thinks that Memphis is completely lying to her about wanting to get the veto in order to backdoor Kevin. She also thinks that Memphis is lying when saying that he is hoping to get Tyler to use the veto and lying that he is frustrated when he says that he doesn’t know if Tyler will use it. Memphis doesn’t understand why Tyler wouldn’t want to get David out and he tells Day that he doesn’t want to convince Tyler why he should use it, he wants Tyler to convince him why he wouldn’t use it because he can’t understand it. Day goes down to the bathroom and tells Kevin that Memphis and Tyler are totally full of it and are lying because they are working with David and are so obviously targeting her and that they must think she is stupid. She said she will not kiss HIS (points upstairs to Memphis) or HIS (points towards bedrooms for Tyler) ass and look like an idiot.

Ugh, Day is so bad at this game. Memphis is being genuine with her and telling her that he wants her to be safe and that he is actively trying to work on this, and consequently to Day’s benefit, in that he wants David out; but Day says that she is no fool to fall for that and she will ignore his gestures 🙄 She cuts off her nose to spite her face! She is too hung up on fear of people disrespecting her. It gets in her way. She is too suspicious and questions motives when there are none and then can’t read motives when they are clear as Day and she doesn’t understand the move and gets blindsided and outraged (ex: the nomination from Christmas— how many times did Janelle and Kaysar tell her and she could not see it or would not see it). Then she sees things that are not there now and is convinced that SHE (Christmas) is purposely smirking at her to rub in that she is going home. I understand that she is sensitive because Christmas and Tyler recently screwed her over by sending Bayleigh home, yet she reads it alllll wrong and gets the signals significantly wrong and gives attitude when it’s not happening in that moment and when there are legit opportunities for bridge building and potential alignment relationships to leverage. 

Edit: so many mistakes and run on sentences!

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Luckylondon said:

Da’Vonne thinks that Memphis is completely lying to her about wanting to get the veto in order to vackdoor Kevin and that he is lying saying that he is hoping to get Tyler to use the veto and frustrated because he doesn’t know if he will and Memphis doesn’t understand why he wouldn’t want Kevin out. Day is in the bathroom telling Kevin that Memphis and Tyler are totally full of it and lying because they are working with David and so obviously targeting her and that they must think she is stupid. She said she will not kiss HIS (points upstairs to Memphis) or HIS (points towards bedrooms for Tyler) and look like an idiot. Ugh, Day is so bad at this game. Memphis is being so genuine with her and telling her that he wants her to be safe and trying to work with her because he wants David out, but Day is no fool to fall for that and will shun his gestures 🙄 She cut off her nose to spite her face. She is too hung up on fear of people disrespecting her. It gets in her way. She is too suspicious and questions motives when there are none and then can’t read motives when they are clear as Day and she doesn’t understand the move and gets blindsided and outraged (ex: the nomination from Christmas— how many times did Janelle and Kaysar tell her and she could not see it or would not see it). Then she sees things that are not there now and is convinced that SHE (Christmas) is purposely smirking at her to rub in that she is going home. I understand that she is sensitive because Christmas and Tyler recently screwed her over by sending Bayleigh home, yet she reads it alllll wrong and gets the signals significantly wrong and gives attitude when it’s not happening in that moment and when there are legit opportunities for bridge building and potential alignment relationships to leverage. 

She's not totally wrong this time. Memphis is considering it because he now suspects Day and Dani are working together. Tyler, Cody and Xmas planted all those seeds. Then Day outright lied to both Memphis and Tyler about voting last week to keep Tyler - which they both know is false. She is bad. But about this particular thing...the vibe is probably right. I think Memphis initially wanted David out - but reconsidering.  OR.....

Memphis is in fact a genius and set  this whole fake backdoor plan to essentially just pit Dani/Nicole against Cody/Tyler/Xmas as a way to set up exits for the Committee. I think that's giving him too much credit though.

Does he genuinely not understand why "no one listened to me and threw that comp." Yeah okay Memphis - they are just going to hand you another comp for your resume. Or is that all part of his act? Hmmm.

@Ellee might be right!???

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

She's not totally wrong this time. Memphis is considering it because he now suspects Day and Dani are working together. Tyler, Cody and Xmas planted all those seeds. Then Day outright lied to both Memphis and Tyler about voting last week to keep Tyler - which they both know is false. She is bad. But about this particular thing...the vibe is probably right. I think Memphis initially wanted David out - but reconsidering.  OR.....

Memphis is in fact a genius and set  this whole fake backdoor plan to essentially just pit Dani/Nicole against Cody/Tyler/Xmas as a way to set up exits for the Committee. I think that's giving him too much credit though.

Does he genuinely not understand why "no one listened to me and threw that comp." Yeah okay Memphis - they are just going to hand you another comp for your resume. Or is that all part of his act? Hmmm.

Oooooh... interesting. Thank you for clarifying! I came in 40 minutes late after veto and missed Memphis’ discussion with Tyler and Cody (and anyone else) before Day went in to talk to him. I wondered if what you suggested was the alternate possibility of what was happening or if both might be happening. Obviously my reads are crap too. Both Day and I don’t know what is going on 😂

• LOL 4