Type keyword(s) to search

Season 22 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, grandmabegum said:

I'm gonna grasp at straws of hope and cling to Memphis saying to Nicole, "If you want to hang out with Ian in jury we can make that happen," is a crazy bit of foreshadowing.

Sadly if he did do that he would probably just end up putting her against David or Kevin. 

Despite winning two HOH's it seems like Memphis is really a non-entity in this game.  Which is an odd thing to say because he has won two HOH's.

I often forget he is there.  Honestly, if it was not for @Lamb18 coming up with inventive names for him, I would not even know he was on this season.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

Sadly if he did do that he would probably just end up putting her against David or Kevin. 

Despite winning two HOH's it seems like Memphis is really a non-entity in this game.  Which is an odd thing to say because he has won two HOH's.

I often forget he is there.  Honestly, if it was not for @Lamb18 coming up with inventive names for him, I would not even know he was on this season.

It's like Memphis took a page out of Dan's playbook. Only instead of reading the Bible while the world house burns around him, he sleeps. 

To be fair, sleeping/napping (and copious amounts of cheap wine) is how I'm surviving quarantine so I get it. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
20 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It's like Memphis took a page out of Dan's playbook. Only instead of reading the Bible while the world house burns around him, he sleeps. 

I truly forget that he is there, until all of this talk about him over the past day or whatever.  As I said Lamb reminds me that he there every morning with their post and then I completely forget he's there until he opens his mouth and says something stupid.  He is like the Silence on Dr. Who, you only notice he is there when you see him and then you completely forget about him once you don't see him.

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 6

10 hours ago, Fallacy said:

Here's my final thoughts about Memphis and his use of "c*** ass." In that conversation, he was talking about poor, white Cajuns and how they talk. What he fails to realize is that the phrase, I'm sure, started off as a way of insulting poor whites by comparing them to blacks, hence the inclusion of the racist slur "c***." I'm sure Memphis has heard that word many times to describe that specific dialect of poor whites in his community, and because he's white, he didn't think too deeply about it because as a white man, he has absorbed bucket loads of racist (and homophobic) slang, stereotypes, attitudes, and beliefs living in America, some of which he recognizes as offensive, and some of which he's likely blind to. 

Finally, since he clearly wasn't referring to black Americans when he used the word "c*** ass," I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if others aren't, that's fine too. 

I'm just not on the train who thinks Memphis needs to be canceled, yet...:) 

Late to the party here but I'm Cajun and grew up with my entire family using that term to describe themselves. I actually had no idea that the word "c***" even had racist connotations until I became an adult. Having said that, Memphis is a grown ass grandpa in his late 30s and should know that 99% of the country has probably never heard the term before and will think he's making a racist slur. I would also add that Memphis seems like the type of asshole who could care less and would use said word again regardless. So... yeah. Don't think he was being racist at that particular moment.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12

My 2:15 am deliriously tired theory is that the neighbor's house may be the jury house? Not sure how they could shake things up. The only reason I even consider this as a possibility, is that because of what's going on in the city maybe they had to keep the jury house on the lot for logistical and safety purposes? Maybe?

• Love 3

Just out of curiosity .... what was Kevin’s look for?  After Ian left and people inside the house were hugging.  Was it directed at someone or his feelings at the moment just in general?

ETA  Looks like he was just watching Ian’s face on the board go dark.  And maybe a little ‘Kevin face’ going on. 

Edited by Ellee
2 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

My 2:15 am deliriously tired theory is that the neighbor's house may be the jury house? Not sure how they could shake things up. The only reason I even consider this as a possibility, is that because of what's going on in the city maybe they had to keep the jury house on the lot for logistical and safety purposes? Maybe?

Great thought. My first thought was it will be Derrick or Frankie because we can’t have nice things. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I truly forget that he is there, until all of this talk about him over the past day or whatever.  As I said Lamb reminds me that he there every morning with their post and then I completely forget he's there until he opens his mouth and says something stupid.  He is like the Silence on Dr. Who, you only notice he is there when you see him and then you completely forget about him once you don't see him.

I always remember him every eviction night because as sure as the sun will shine, there Memphis is, grinning like The Grinch who stole Christmas.

• LOL 8
21 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I always remember him every eviction night because as sure as the sun will shine, there Memphis is, grinning like The Grinch who stole Christmas.

Intentional use of Christmas?

48 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

It's gotta be Zingbot, right? This way, they get extra zings and it will likely lead to a future comp. 

I want to say no as it's supposed to be shocking, and no television show would tease just some dumb event as shock-- oh wait, yeah this is probably it.

ETA: Though I still hope it's the jury house and Ian gets to sit on the balcony in a rocking chair with a set of binoculars.

Edited by grandmabegum
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 9/16/2020 at 6:47 PM, Growsonwalls said:

Well part of being autistic is not really being able to gage the right emotional temperature. I'm a teacher who has taught ASD kids and part of the disability is they can seem really blase about some things that actually freak most people out and then throw a tantrum about small things. I think this is what we're seeing with Ian. To a lesser extent we saw it with Steve and his irrational hatred of Becky. Of course that became a comic storyline of BB17 but it was similar -- she could be talking about Abercrombie discount sales and he'd foam at the mouth. 

Becky talking about Abercrombie discount sales made ME foam at the mouth. I had a bizarre severe aversion to her that I wanted to throat punch her during her little discussions of how her roommates are all paleo and make their own sunscreen and they had a party and the males invited ranked her 3rd best looking in the house out of the 6 who lived there. Oh and her musings on IPA beer and how she is a “shush-Er” and tends to “manage” men in relationships because she manages young adults at her important job scheduling part timers as a manager at Abercrombie. Becky Becky Train Wrecky drove me nuts and I rarely even have strong feelings for houseguests. Her particular bland of blah bored me to itchy tears. 😭😂

How did she get hit in the face by a TRAIN??? That is the most bizarre story ever. I don’t understand how you can’t hear it coming. I’m still confused, but I do NOT want her or anyone to explain it again. 

ETA: I just saw the above quote from Julie and I am going to hell 🙈

Edited by Luckylondon
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

On the plus side, hopefully this week will finally break me of my habit of turning on the feeds because there is 0% chance anything I truly wanna watch will happen. And I don't have to watch the eps this week. Maybe I'll finally start one of those shows I keep meaning to start.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Luckylondon said:

Becky talking about Abercrombie discount sales made ME foam at the mouth. I had a bizarre severe aversion to her that I wanted to throat punch her during her little discussions of how her roommates are all paleo and make their own sunscreen and they had a party and the males invited ranked her 3rd best looking in the house out of the 6 who lived there. Oh and her musings on IPA beer and how she is a “shush-Er” and tends to “manage” men in relationships because she manages young adults at her important job scheduling part timers as a manager at Abercrombie. Becky Becky Train Wrecky drove me nuts and I rarely even have strong feelings for houseguests. Her particular bland of blah bored me to itchy tears. 😭😂

How did she get hit in the face by a TRAIN??? That is the most bizarre story ever. I don’t understand how you can’t hear it coming. I’m still confused, but I do NOT want her or anyone to explain it again. 

ETA: I just saw the above quote from Julie and I am going to hell 🙈

@Luckylondon IS STEVE MOSES CONFIRMED.

• LOL 14

I'm still trying to catch up, so can someone explain this to me?

Why on earth did Dani put Tyler on the block before she checked with her alliance and made sure they were on board to get him out? I know the powers complicated things, but she should have been prepared and had a few options in case something was used at the nomination ceremony. Considering this is the third time she's played, I cannot get over the misstep here.

Also, I've decided my moniker for Christmas shall be National Victims of Vehicular Violence Day.

Edited by Victim Noises
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

It's gotta be Zingbot, right? This way, they get extra zings and it will likely lead to a future comp. 

Please, no....I cannot stand that shrill, screechy, eardrum-shattering digitized voice.  Although - if they can get Zingbot to sing to the houseguests every day for hours at a time, I'd be perfectly fine with that.

1 hour ago, grandmabegum said:

ETA: Though I still hope it's the jury house and Ian gets to sit on the balcony in a rocking chair with a set of binoculars.

That's an interesting idea, to let the evicted HG hang out next door and secretly watch the HG's still in the game, much like the HOH can watch what's going on from the HOH room.  If we can't have Janelle and Kaysar as the secret next-door neighbors and listen to their commentary on live feeds, this would be a great substitute.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Victim Noises said:

Why on earth did Dani put Tyler on the block before she checked with her alliance and made sure they were on board to get him out? I know the powers complicated things, but she should have been prepared and had a few options in case something was used at the nomination ceremony. Considering this is the third time she's played, I cannot get over the misstep here.

Also, I've decided my moniker for Christmas shall be National Victims of Vehicular Violence Day.

I believe she was hoping that her alliance mates would come around on it once he was up there and agree to evict him. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

That's an interesting idea, to let the evicted HG hang out next door and secretly watch the HG's still in the game, much like the HOH can watch what's going on from the HOH room.  If we can't have Janelle and Kaysar as the secret next-door neighbors and listen to their commentary on live feeds, this would be a great substitute.  

Who said anything about it being a secret? I want this to be full on Psycho stuff. I want them to pipe in the sound of the creaky rocking chair as he's out there.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 9/14/2020 at 5:26 PM, Callaphera said:

It makes me sad, too. The misspellings, the places where a comma would have come in handy, "best still" instead of "be still", and he calls her his "baby mama" which is a pet peeve of mine and has racist connotations (it's used as a weapon against black women). Actually it sounds like Dani wrote it before she left and Dom just added his name to the bottom. Oh and that "Lol" in a letter is just cringe IMO. 

At the risk of putting my foot in my mouth (but when has that ever stopped me before?) coupled with the fact that I'm often horrible at explaining what I mean...

I understand the racial connotations of the term, but as a bi-racial, black-presenting man I've always used it indiscriminately for all races because it is really accurate to describe a specific relationship that other words don't easily work for. You could say "girlfriend" or "ex" or "ex-girlfriend" (but those don't necessarily imply a child is involved). Obviously "mother of my child" would be far more proper, but I just think "baby mama" has a certain connotation that I actually respect because it gives you a lot of context. Generally, that term is used for someone you were never married to (or sometimes not even in a relationship with). Dom using it in what he thinks is a comical context is more annoying because a) it's not a funny term to me and b) he is married to Dani and "baby mama" is a few rungs below the status of wife. So it reads as almost disrespectful to me. "Tennessee's mom" would have worked just as well.

As someone who will never have kids and probably will never get married, I don't know why the fact that other people have children out of wedlock bothers me or seems dis-preferable. Especially because I'm not religious (although I was brought up by a mother who was). I guess I just think of it as a respect thing, where you should have enough respect for the woman you're with to put a ring on it, especially if you're going to procreate with her. And I know that may seem a bit sexist, but generally that's how society works. If the man doesn't want to get married, generally y'all ain't getting married. And I know plenty of couples are happy without getting married, and even having children without getting married, but... that wouldn't be for me (and again, it's totally irrelevant to me for the aforementioned reasons). I consider myself to be fairly live and let live, but I honestly think so many issues arise from society because of the circumstances and demographics of single-parent households (and that is among all races). I think things can come across as racist merely if they are more prevalent among certain races, even if the general principle isn't racist. Anyway, I'm probably just rambling now and should shut up. (Story of my life, tbh.) It really is not my intention to offend anybody, but that's usually what people who say offensive things say (which I at least have the self-awareness to realize). I think I'm just a judgmental bitch, and it explains why I live an opulent life of solitude.

That sure was a lot to say about a letter that a former reality participant sent to his current reality participant wife.

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, vb68 said:

I have a bad feeling Day goes this week.

The rationale will be she used the veto last week. 😠

I hope she does go.   Maybe that's not a popular opinion but something about her annoys me.   

Heck, they all annoy me.

• Love 4

@Suzysite I don't find her annoying, but I can see it. My concern with her going would be that, IMO, she's on of the least boring people in the house. Someone mentioned earlier that they forget that Memphis is in the house. I second that notion and will raise, I feel the same about David and Kevin, too. Unless they have something that actual moves the story forward they are ghosts.

Edited by grandmabegum
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Victim Noises said:

She had to choose someone on the spot, didn't she, when all houseguests were together listening to the creepy voice? I don't think there was a time she could have met with her alliance after she knew the power was used.

• Love 1

By the way, both David and Kevin are up. David is wandering around in the kitchen. Kevin is in the Heart room talking to himself, wrapped in the gray Linus blanket.

I don't see Bugscuffle, TN (Memphis) but maybe he is taking advantage of having a room to himself and sleeping in.

David isn't wandering around. He is a man with a purpose: cleaning the refrigerator. 

• LOL 1

Ugh. If Dani & Nicole had any ovaries, they could have gotten Tyler out, and teamed up with the outsiders for a solid 6 - Dani, Nicole, Ian, David, Kevin, Day. And taken control of the game. But I guess the lure of the Kool Kids Klub was just too strong. 

Now we just watch the pagonging unless Day, Kevin or David get HOH. And knowing David, even if he does, he'll screw it up. 

Kinda feels like the last chance to make this season interesting just slipped away. Looking at a brotastic finale.

Don't know if I should post this here or in the episode thread so apologies in advance.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mischievious said:

Great thought. My first thought was it will be Derrick or Frankie because we can’t have nice things. 

Derrick.  He has to make sure Nichole and the others don’t  go off script for a Cody win. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Refrigerator contents on the small table: 3 jars olives (1 full, 2 half-full), 1 half-full jar pickles, - well STARS just came on so I can't finish the inventory.  OK, one purple can of something, mustard, water bottle (maybe Dasani), half-empty Coke bottle, full jar of salsa, more jars of olives, 2 jars of mayonnaise, more pickles, half-bottle of diet Coke. The celery didn't look bad, I don't know why David threw it out. Cody is offering to help, but David said he'll do it - he's bored.

They are trying to figure out what today is. Cody said next Friday is the 25th, so today is . . . then he starts counting backwards, Thursday is the 24th, and David just says, the 18th. Cody said, I can't do that. I think there's also some salad dressing bottles. There's also a food storage container - looks like pasta in there - and a bowl with tin foil on top.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

On the plus side, hopefully this week will finally break me of my habit of turning on the feeds because there is 0% chance anything I truly wanna watch will happen. And I don't have to watch the eps this week. Maybe I'll finally start one of those shows I keep meaning to start.

You got Amazon Prime?  Britannia doesn’t suck.  😄

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Who exactly is in "The Committee?" Is it Enzo or Tyler? If it's Tyler then how does Nicole know that Enzo is Cody's #1? 

Can we just skip to the part where Da'Vonne, David and Kevin are gone so somebody will have to actually do something?

• Love 3

Cody's doing some cleaning, too. Bugscuffle wandered in and out for some coffee. Christmas and Da'Vonne are in the bathroom, both silent. Da'Vonne's in her plaid pajamas with a green facial mask on. 

4 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Who exactly is in "The Committee?" Is it Enzo or Tyler? If it's Tyler then how does Nicole know that Enzo is Cody's #1? 

Can we just skip to the part where Da'Vonne, David and Kevin are gone so somebody will have to actually do something?

The Committee is a group of six - Nicole, Cody, Dani, Memphis, Tyler and I think Christmas.

People should remember to turn their microphones off when they flush the toilet. 

And it's Kevin's birthday!!

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Last night, I turned off the feeds after about 30 minutes. There was no strategy talk, no interesting conversation, just a bunch of self-important assholes laughing and chasing each other around the house. Including Nicole, who was awfully giggly and cheerful for someone who just had one of the worst days in her life.

59 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

Maybe that's not a popular opinion but something about [Da’vonne] annoys me.   

I love Day, but she does have one habit that drives me up a wall: that mouth-popping noise she makes to emphasize a sentence. My nightmare is being in the middle of a conversation between her and Alyssa Edwards.

2 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

"Don't judge, or you too will be judged."

Stick to the script, Julie!

Has Julie always been so born-again or is this a recent thing? Here’s an excerpt from an interview where she was asked about what it’s like to break sad news to a contestant (in this case, the death of Cody’s grandfather): 

JULIE CHEN MOONVES: It keeps things real for us. Sure, we love coming up with fun, goofy costumes and competitions that are sometimes silly in a good way, but at the end of the day… getting news from the outside world is sobering. It reminds me we are all brothers and sisters, and there are many basic things we all have gone through or will go through in life so why can't we be there for each other more and leave judgement to the Judge… and by Judge, I mean God.

I guess Julie’s 2020 legacy will be weekly bible lessons and double-standard mask wear. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

It really is down to the whitesame versus the non-whites which is really not fun. There's enough of that bs in the real world. This game was so much fun when it involved strategy. Now all people think about is winning a bunch of luck based comps from week to week aND acting super entitled for the rest of the time. Give me back old school big brother.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Gummo said:

Ugh. If Dani & Nicole had any ovaries, they could have gotten Tyler out,

If Nicole was smart at all she would have used that in her favor.  Voted to evict Tyler - and whether or not he left, she could have blamed it on one of the other guys. 

36 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I think their "# 1's" are their #1's outside of the Committee.  Sort of like the brigade they all decided to team up with 1 person not in the alliance to keep them safe from the outside as well. Now Nicole doesn't have that. 

Nicole - Ian

Cody - Enzo

Dani - Day

Memphis, Christmas and Tyler - no idea. 

Edited by Dmarie019
  • Love 1

I think the most hope we have for this week is for Memphis to become the ultimate grumpy grandpa, not discuss what he's doing at all with his alliance, and irritate the crap out of them all week.

I look forward to the Comittee battling it out over who each side wants to leave, David or Kevin/Day. Dani will pitch a Nicole fit that she can't lose her "#1" 

• Love 1

Memphis acting like an actual state sponsored hit man right now...his plan...no one can ask...he wants it done...

Also David figured out the rationale behind pinning the flip on him. He told Kevin. Now Kevin and Davonne furious at him because they don't believe him and he's a liar. I didn't realize Day called him an Uncle Tom last night. ETA - maybe thats wrong -- Uncle Tom reference is on Twitter. Trying to find out what happened last night now between David and Davonne:

From BBDaily

"Kevin- Here is the reason why I can sense he (David) is lying...every time I try to get to something, he dodges it. He is like "you dont understand I have to deal with the narrative that I'm an Uncle Tom". Da'Vonne- Because you are #BB22"

This all sucks.

WTF is this "everyone's a wise guy" routine with Memphis. Naming 4 interlocking alliances the same thing. Wow genius Memphis. I really despise him. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, grandmabegum said:

Uh, say what now?

I'm wrong. They get in a argument. I am trying to find out what exactly was said. 

Twitter:

Kevin- Here is the reason why I can sense he (David) is lying...every time I try to get to something, he dodges it. He is like "you dont understand I have to deal with the narrative that I'm an Uncle Tom". Da'Vonne- Because you are #BB22

• Love 1