Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Hell Hath No Fury

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I don't know your career or profession but if it's not screen writing you missed your calling!!!

Hahahaha thank you!  I just don’t know what could be Andreiiii’s big secret.  
I have a feeling it’s something shameful and embarrassing to his male psyche.  Otherwise, who cares in the grand scheme of things.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/3/2020 at 7:15 PM, pdlinda said:

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.  Who even knows if the "doctor" wasn't some actor the show brought on for dramatic effect???  

No way in hell that is a real "doctor"! And no way in hell Angela has a perfect anything! She is so obese, a smoker and eats crap for nutrition. In reality her cholosterol levels must be sky high and she's probably borderline diabetic. She needs to be more concerned about having a stroke or heart attack instead of toting a baby. Speaking of having a baby, the dear "Dr" needs to tell Ang flat out that at 54 she is not going to conceive a baby naturally even if she tried in-vitro the chances are probably 0% even then not to mention the tens of thousands of dollars it costs to go that route which Ange and Mikull can't afford.  I'm so sick of this storyline. Put it to bed, TLC!

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

Hahahaha thank you!  I just don’t know what could be Andreiiii’s big secret.  
I have a feeling it’s something shameful and embarrassing to his male psyche.  Otherwise, who cares in the grand scheme of things.

I suspect that whatever it is, if indeed there is anything, that it is personal rather than criminal, given that he had no problem going to Ireland or coming to the US.

• Love 6
On 8/3/2020 at 10:05 PM, Kangatush said:

I'm a fat chick.  I have a bunch of health problems, not weight related.  If you look at just those two things in my lab results (lipid panel, liver panel) I have no issues either.  Genetics do play a role, and it is possible that Angela can happen to be clear in those specific areas too.  Doesn't mean other test results wouldn't be a trainwreck.

Same with me. Lots of fat people are healthy and lots of skinny people aren’t. Genetics and luck play a part. I used to be very skinny and now I’m fat: exact same blood counts and organ functioning. Smoking will harm Angela though I have an 85 year old aunt that chain smoked since she was 18. You never know.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

No way in hell that is a real "doctor"! And no way in hell Angela has a perfect anything! She is so obese, a smoker and eats crap for nutrition. In reality her cholosterol levels must be sky high and she's probably borderline diabetic. She needs to be more concerned about having a stroke or heart attack instead of toting a baby. Speaking of having a baby, the dear "Dr" needs to tell Ang flat out that at 54 she is not going to conceive a baby naturally even if she tried in-vitro the chances are probably 0% even then not to mention the tens of thousands of dollars it costs to go that route which Ange and Mikull can't afford.  I'm so sick of this storyline. Put it to bed, TLC!

I don't know about her doctor, but I'm approaching her age and have optimum numbers in every category...and believe me I am toting a few extra pounds. I put off bloodwork because I was afraid what it might reveal.  I don't smoke, but I do love margaritas and chips.  my husband is in great shape, watches his intake of everything bad and has horrible numbers.  it's all possible.

doesn't mean she can't have cancer or be a candidate for it tomorrow, the smoking is definitely concerning.

• Love 3
On 7/29/2020 at 9:22 PM, LEILANI2 said:

If his family wants money then a cash gift of $100 would be more useful then cheap junk at the dollar store.

That store really confused me. $48 for a can of some meat? $41 for tee-shirts? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/29/2020 at 10:13 PM, kendi said:

Except Angela wasn't even listening or giving credence to what Mykul was saying. There wasn't even a discussion because he didn't say what she wanted to hear. To me it sounded like she was bullying him into saying that regardless of what happens, he wants to get married. It was like she resented him for saying that becoming a father was so important. Jeez, she springs it on him that she could possibly have cancer and before he can even absorb it all, she starts with an attitude. I get it, she's stressed about a lot of things. He was reasonable, saying let's wait to hear from the doctor and go from there. That's not what she wanted to hear. I think he does love her but marriage with the possiblity of no children, she needs to step back. She says they shouldn't get married but she definitely wants to get married.

I can't stand Angela, especially this season. Her mother is ill, she herself could have cancer yet she still travels, and all those grandkids are depending on her.  Are she and Mykul up against a deadline? Is there a reason she couldn't postpone this trip?

Debbie needs her own life. Let stupid Coltee get married again and fail on his own. Or not. Who knows. 

If Michael, or Michael's mom, really were this insistent on him having children, he would have a young wife who would have likely has his children already.   He wouldn't be considering a 54 year old woman. So I don't believe for one minute, this is even a real consideration for Michael.  If children were that important to him, he's been with a young woman. 

On Angela, I don't know what TLC pays, but if she has so many people depending on her, and she wants to keep TLC money, she needs to go see Michael since it appears he can't get into the US.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Brishen said:

Sometimes in small shops where business is slow there is a tendency to jack up prices to try to raise whatever income they need to make ends meet.  But the ridiculous prices slow business down even more oof.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Sometimes in small shops where business is slow there is a tendency to jack up prices to try to raise whatever income they need to make ends meet.  But the ridiculous prices slow business down even more oof.

Some people must be really desperate for a plain white tee with “Samoa”cheaply splayed across it. Wow. 😅

• LOL 4
On 8/3/2020 at 1:24 AM, kendi said:

I'm sick of Libby forgetting that she's married and that maybe her husband and baby come first. Why she lets her family continue to badmouth Andrei (they didn't want her marry him in the first place and she did), they should shut up, accept he's the choice she made.

NOT ONLY THAT, but she turns against Andrei in front of the family ("You shouldn't act like that to my family! They came ALL THIS WAY to be here on short notice!" blah, blah.  I think even if one disagrees with their spouse, they don't turn against them in front of a bunch of people like that. First of all, it's bad form. That's her husband; she chose him whether or not he can be a male chauvinist jerk. Secondly, her family just gets reinforcement for their own bad behavior and it makes them all the more sure that Andrei sucks. I was laughing at Stupid Charlie's comment: "I dont' know why he gets mad at We asking questions." Dumbass.  And besides, the time to vet Andrei was a couple of years ago if you really truly were concerned.  They're married now. They have a baby.  The time for Daddy Chuck to be Mr. Concerned has long passed.

I was fascinated by Larissa's and Erickee's fight. WTH is with him and the exaggerated hand motions? Is he a really bad actor or does he really gesticulate like that all the time? 

Tanya and her tea: SLURP. SLURP.  "AAhhhhhh."  Seems TLC is in need of some time fillers this episode.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 8/3/2020 at 3:37 AM, SerenityNow721 said:

Angela is no better than Ed.  She knows she can’t give Michael a baby, but she dangles that carrot and, just as they are about to pull the trigger - “oh, by the way, there’s hardly any chance at all that I’ll be able to give you a child. I know it’s your lifelong dream to become a father, but you love me enough to toss that aside, right?”

And did you catch the comment: "You know you're putting MY life at risk if you want me to tote your baby?"  Everything, absolutely everything, will always be on him.

I heard one person speculate that perhaps Andrei is being secretive about his time in Ireland is because he went there for a woman. Then he met Libby and broke it off to be with her.

On 8/3/2020 at 4:02 AM, lizajane said:

Asuelu was acting like a six year old spending his very first allowance at that Samoan store. No clue about the value of money. Considering that they had to take two flights to get to Portland, I don't think it would have taken that much longer to drive there. I am guessing that his sister probably lives around Vancouver WA which borders on Portland. It certainly would have been less expensive than airfare.

Portland is 1000 miles from St George.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Same with me. Lots of fat people are healthy and lots of skinny people aren’t. Genetics and luck play a part. I used to be very skinny and now I’m fat: exact same blood counts and organ functioning. Smoking will harm Angela though I have an 85 year old aunt that chain smoked since she was 18. You never know.

My dad was never overweight a day in his life. He quit smoking when he was in his 40's and didn't drink to excess. He was really mindful of his health and avoided high fat and high carb foods.  He suffered from hypertension, sleep apnea and high cholesterol. You just never know.

4 hours ago, Brishen said:

I guess it just depends on what kind of Sum Meat. 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

NOT ONLY THAT, but she turns against Andrei in front of the family ("You shouldn't act like that to my family! They came ALL THIS WAY to be here on short notice!" blah, blah.  I think even if one disagrees with their spouse, they don't turn against them in front of a bunch of people like that. First of all, it's bad form. That's her husband; she chose him whether or not he can be a male chauvinist jerk. Secondly, her family just gets reinforcement for their own bad behavior and it makes them all the more sure that Andrei sucks. I was laughing at Stupid Charlie's comment: "I dont' know why he gets mad at We asking questions." Dumbass.  And besides, the time to vet Andrei was a couple of years ago if you really truly were concerned.  They're married now. They have a baby.  The time for Daddy Chuck to be Mr. Concerned has long passed.

I was fascinated by Larissa's and Erickee's fight. WTH is with him and the exaggerated hand motions? Is he a really bad actor or does he really gesticulate like that all the time? 

Tanya and her tea: SLURP. SLURP.  "AAhhhhhh."  Seems TLC is in need of some time fillers this episode.

I talk with my hands all the time, but not like that!  He's nuts.

And I'm Team Andrei.  The "shutup" thing made me pause, but I'm more inclined to believe she's thrown the shut ups at him before and that's the way they argue.

• Love 4

mykul has a choice, try to get to America ...or stay and Nigeria and have a family with a local.

simple as that. he's a big boy, I don't feel sorry for him.

it cold take him years to find another "opportunity" 

he will stay with Angela, he probably figures he Is young enough to have a child down the line.

• Love 4

I have to admit I like (maybe even love) Angela. she is raising a 6 pack of grandkids, sounds like a daughter in prison...a mom who is dying and living in her family room. and she works at a hospice? 

she is 54 year old chain smoking overweight woman who is trying to marry a 30 year old Nigerian man and bring him to live in the US.

unless she turns completely evil, I have a lot of admiration for her....most of these things would floor me. she just gets up, lights a cigarette, puts her phone in her bra...and goes to the gynecologist on TV to inquire about toting a baby. then flies to Nigeria and serves pizza to her future MIL.

this all amazes me.  you can't make any of this up.

please TLC, give her lots of money so she can buy a big house and raise all those kids.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 8/4/2020 at 5:53 PM, pdlinda said:

My concern is that the true nature of his circumstances going to Ireland and whatever transpired there or before he got there was never disclosed to Libby.  Perhaps when the truth emerges the marriage might be rocked to its core. 

Earlier in the season we saw a preview of Libby and Andrei on a balcony somewhere in the dark when she was very upset and confronted him about something in his past that he had kept from her. It appeared to be something to with him being in trouble and his reason for leaving Moldova. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Portland is 1000 miles from St George.

Yeah I didn't remember St. George being that far from SLC so that would be a long drive with two screamers. Moot point since TLC  no doubt paid alll the expenses for the trip except maybe the corned beef.

Edited by lizajane
Clarification
On 8/3/2020 at 10:05 PM, Kangatush said:

I'm a fat chick.  I have a bunch of health problems, not weight related.  If you look at just those two things in my lab results (lipid panel, liver panel) I have no issues either.  Genetics do play a role, and it is possible that Angela can happen to be clear in those specific areas too.  Doesn't mean other test results wouldn't be a trainwreck.

Size isn't always an indication of health. Right now, she is heavy and a smoker, but she could actually be in decent health. It will catch up with her, because smoking-related disorders are sneaky bastards. Her weight and smoking will take a toll on her heart as she continues to get older. There are so many potential health risks to her size and habits, but right now, she could actually might technically "healthy."

• Love 4
On 8/5/2020 at 11:59 AM, 2dogmom said:

I don't know about her doctor, but I'm approaching her age and have optimum numbers in every category...and believe me I am toting a few extra pounds. I put off bloodwork because I was afraid what it might reveal.  I don't smoke, but I do love margaritas and chips.  my husband is in great shape, watches his intake of everything bad and has horrible numbers.  it's all possible.

doesn't mean she can't have cancer or be a candidate for it tomorrow, the smoking is definitely concerning.

Exactly. My sister and I are the same. She is thin, works out like a fiend and has a lot of health issues. I'm heavier, don't work out regularly, and on paper, I'm healthier than her. It really ticks her off! Unfortunately, she lost the genetic lottery with blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. I'm really working on that aspect of my life since I'm getting older and know it's a matter of time before things catch up. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

So did the pretty gynecologist ever tell Angela why she was bleeding for a week?

Not that we heard, but according to good old Doctor Google, if she ruled out fibroids, polyps or cancer, a common cause of post menopausal bleeding is atrophy of the uterine lining. Doesn’t look promising for toting! 

• Love 6
On 8/6/2020 at 3:37 AM, lizajane said:

Yeah I didn't remember St. George being that far from SLC so that would be a long drive with two screamers.

Las Vegas is the closest major airport to St. George

5 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Her baby factory done closed down!

"This Property Condemned"

• Love 2

I'm not the smoking police, but, I wonder if Angela realizes how much a woman's risk increase for sudden cardiac death, if you are a long term, heavy smoker.  I learned this after knowing TWO women who were heavy smokers died this way.  It's really scary.  

https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20121207/smoking-doubles-womens-sudden-death-risk#1

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryhusten/2012/12/11/no-surprise-smoking-and-sudden-cardiac-death-closely-tied/#87888d847c51

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
On 8/5/2020 at 4:39 PM, Boo Boo said:

I think even if one disagrees with their spouse, they don't turn against them in front of a bunch of people like that.

I believe he started it.  I believe they went back to Moldova and he started acting like some sort of alpha male.  Liz is right to check him on his house husband status.  Hubs and I are mostly retired but I have a part-time job that pays the mortgage; if he discounted me that way, I would be happily single since I can support myself and it is my (and my husband's) choice to stay married.  

My take is he turned on Libby and she isn't having it.  Libs, go home with your kid and family.  This clearly isn't a nice opportunity bond with your husband's family.  Have you noticed he hates you?  Go home.  Let him work to afford the plane ticket back to FL.  Go Home.  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, albarino said:

I believe he started it.  I believe they went back to Moldova and he started acting like some sort of alpha male.  Liz is right to check him on his house husband status.  Hubs and I are mostly retired but I have a part-time job that pays the mortgage; if he discounted me that way, I would be happily single since I can support myself and it is my (and my husband's) choice to stay married.  

My take is he turned on Libby and she isn't having it.  Libs, go home with your kid and family.  This clearly isn't a nice opportunity bond with your husband's family.  Have you noticed he hates you?  Go home.  Let him work to afford the plane ticket back to FL.  Go Home.  

For some reason, what you quoted was attributed to me -- "I think even if one disagrees with their spouse, they don't turn against them in front of a bunch of people like that." - but I was't me!  

I don't think they exist on this show w/o some drama.  So I'm sure they are bringing it to pad their wallets.

When is kalani gonna realize that she has  to leave  That lump.  He is no real help financially and he doesn't help around the house and he has no idea of being a partner. She needs to move on. And he needs to go back to Samoa. 

• Love 3

Good God, Eric's English is worse than Larissa's.  Every time he used the wrong pronoun "between Larissa and I", "when her and I broke up", I heard fingernails on a chalk board.

• Love 9
On 8/3/2020 at 7:15 PM, pdlinda said:

When I heard the overall results of Angela's blood work from that doctor, I had to wince in disbelief!  Sorry, not disputing that "miracles can happen" but to hear those pristine results of this older woman who is grossly overweight, a drinker and a chain smoker begs my belief system.  The part about the "perfect" gyno exam regarding pre-cancerous cells is also in the "miracle" range as from what I know (just from the literature) someone with Angela's extensive history of sexual contact is high risk for these conditions.  

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.  Who even knows if the "doctor" wasn't some actor the show brought on for dramatic effect???  

Definitely an actor.  I don’t know of any doctor that gives you that much time.  Plus, if the news is good, a nurse might give you a call.  That “Doctor” had her ten minutes of fame.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Quof said:

Good God, Eric's English is worse than Larissa's.  Every time he used the wrong pronoun "between Larissa and I", "when her and I broke up", I heard fingernails on a chalk board.

If ANY of these people on reality shows (looking at YOU, Roloffs) learned how to speak correct English, comments on Primetimer would drop by half.  LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Quof said:

Every time he used the wrong pronoun "between Larissa and I",

I always think people use "I" incorrectly because they think it makes them sound edumacated. I had to type a speech for a man one time and he ended a sentence with something like "for my family and I." I changed it on the speech and he challenged me and no amount of evidence could convince him he was incorrect. This guy was ALWAYS right. He once claimed that olives were high in cholesterol and that Honda and Hyundai were the same car manufacturer. I gave up trying to correct him. 

• Love 3

Obama used "I" incorrectly at John McCain's funeral ("make George and I say nice things about him").  And I heard Michelle use it incorrectly recently.   I wept.   

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Definitely an actor.  I don’t know of any doctor that gives you that much time.  Plus, if the news is good, a nurse might give you a call.  That “Doctor” had her ten minutes of fame.

WOW !  Surprised.

Actually, the doctor who treated, and talked to Angela is a real OB/GYN, and has been in practice for a lot of years.     However,  she does a lot of cosmetic work, and being on this show is certainly good publicity,   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
On 8/3/2020 at 4:22 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

And also, Tania slurping the tea was just, yuck.

And unnecessary. I kept hoping that Syngin would just seize the mug from her. 

That one, small little act illustrates her ability to be manipulative. 

• Love 6
On 8/2/2020 at 10:54 PM, Pondlass1 said:

Gosh Larissa looks dreadful. And she has dandruff.

All that plastic surgery did her no favors.  She was pretty before.  Waste of money she could have sent to her kids.  That’s if she remembers who they are.  She’s too busy primping to get a rich American and live the high life while we have several jobs to keep afloat with mortgages, car payments and schooling for our kids.

• Love 4
On 8/5/2020 at 12:54 PM, Madding crowd said:

My Father died at 95.  Smoked Unfiltered cigarettes since a kid, ate bacon & fried eggs everyday, ate fatty food, never exercised and drank hard liquor.  Died from a fall in the yard.  Go figure.  The only thing I can think of is he never got nervous over anything.  Always calm as a cucumber.  Never got excited.  Me, I get nervous over the slightest thing and my blood pressure is usually up there.  They both came from Europe and worked hard their whole lives.  My Mother told me, “ when you feel blue, scrub the kitchen floor on your hands and knees” and you won’t feel blue or depressed anymore.  She didn’t believe in pills, tranquilizers or antidepressants.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 3
On 8/3/2020 at 5:30 PM, magemaud said:

Kalani worked in the phrase "hold my pee" about ten times in her monologue. 

I held my pee all morning and made my husband speed to the doctor.  Wouldn’t you know it, it went all over except in the little cup.  WTF?  Null & void.  Wasted appointment that I had to wait weeks for.  

• LOL 2

Does anyone here wonder what Libby saw in Andrei?  Why did she go on an international site?  Did she just realize what a shit he was after the marriage or what?  She’s a pretty girl.  I don’t get it.

• Love 3
On 8/5/2020 at 10:07 PM, 2dogmom said:

I have to admit I like (maybe even love) Angela. she is raising a 6 pack of grandkids, sounds like a daughter in prison...a mom who is dying and living in her family room. and she works at a hospice? 

she is 54 year old chain smoking overweight woman who is trying to marry a 30 year old Nigerian man and bring him to live in the US.

unless she turns completely evil, I have a lot of admiration for her....most of these things would floor me. she just gets up, lights a cigarette, puts her phone in her bra...and goes to the gynecologist on TV to inquire about toting a baby. then flies to Nigeria and serves pizza to her future MIL.

this all amazes me.  you can't make any of this up.

please TLC, give her lots of money so she can buy a big house and raise all those kids.

If Michael treated Angela the way she treats him, everyone would be justifiably disgusted. Him being a black man from Nigeria doesn't mean he deserves to be disrespected and Angela having biracial grandchildren doesn't mean she isn't a racist. Angela served her future MIL pizza. Can you imagine the reactions if Jess served Debbie pizza the first time they met? Her family pulled out all the stops and she was just dating Colt. The xenophobia on this show is disgusting. 

• Love 4

Michael's eagerness to get to the US seems to have cooled a lot.  Only a few weeks ago, his first-mentioned reason for marrying Angela was to get to the US.  I know the eps we are watching now are pre-Covid, but I wonder if events in the US even before Covid caused Michael to re-think his ardor for Donald Trump.  I don't think he's mentioned Trump in six months now.

Can he truly love Angela?  That's hard to fathom.

• Love 1

Some cultures have these expectations in their families. Asuelo’s mom’s request wasn’t strange to me. But leave it to TLC to exploit it because of course he couldn’t afford it.

I watched a documentary on nutrition and weight where a Samoan family was shown how what they were eating was the cause of their father’s health issues. Those canned goods are a huge part of their lives.

• Useful 1
On 8/8/2020 at 11:18 AM, AZChristian said:
On 8/8/2020 at 6:42 AM, Quof said:

If ANY of these people on reality shows (looking at YOU, Roloffs) learned how to speak correct English, comments on Primetimer would drop by half.  LOL.

Not just the "reality" shows - I have heard similarly bad grammar in tv movies and shows, as well. Makes me absolutely crazy and takes my attention away from what is actually going on.

On 8/8/2020 at 6:54 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I hate when people say John and myself went to the store.

"me and him/her" is my biggest trigger phrase.

Edited by salvame
  • Love 4
On 8/3/2020 at 4:15 PM, pdlinda said:

When I heard the overall results of Angela's blood work from that doctor, I had to wince in disbelief!  Sorry, not disputing that "miracles can happen" but to hear those pristine results of this older woman who is grossly overweight, a drinker and a chain smoker begs my belief system.

I am older than Angela and also quite overweight. I had blood tests just last week that were fabulous. No sign of diabetes, etc.  I haven't had my cholesterol checked in a year or so but it was fine.  So it's not beyond the realm of possibility that her test results were okay, too.