Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Hell Hath No Fury

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, magemaud said:

The gynecologist in Nigeria said that she had "one egg" but that her uterus was in good shape so she could possibly "tote" a baby with an egg donor and that's when she made Michael ask Skyla for her "aig." Skyla turned them down. Then, despite not having a period for a couple of years Angela started bleeding and thought that meant that she was still fertile but the Georgia gynecologist saw no eggs on the ultrasound and believed the Nigerian doctor had seen a cyst. She also said it wasn't normal to start bleeding after menopause and from the ultrasound she determined that Angela needed a biopsy. She also said if Angela didn't need a hysterectomy based on the biopsy results, she might still be able to carry a pregnancy with a donor egg, but she didn't seem very optimistic. 

Thanks for explaining, makes more sense now. I hope these two get settled sometime soon, they're both going to have a heart attack from the stress.

• Love 1

Another thing about the Samoan corned beef purchase that I found funny was that Asuelu wanted to take it to his mother in Washington because HE liked to eat it for lunch! Not that it was his mother’s favorite dish or something that would make it a treat for her. Nothing like bringing a gift with strings attached. Why drag it along on a trip? Couldn’t he just buy a couple of cans to have at home?   

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 7/29/2020 at 8:00 PM, magemaud said:

I was floored that there was such a large Samoan specialty store near their home, but I couldn't understand why Asuelu thought t-shirts that said "Samoa" were a great gift to take his mother and half-sisters in Washington State. 

Two words that probably don't belong in the same sentence 😄  

I didn't get it, either.  His mother and half sibs are in Washington state, where I'm pretty damned sure there is no shortage of corned beef...or souvenir T-shirts.  Bizarre choices.  He and Kalani would have been much better off just sending them an equivalent amount of cash...because you just know Asuelu is going to pitch a fit until Kalani agrees to help them harvest the American dollar.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
On 8/1/2020 at 8:24 AM, ThereButFor said:

We’ve discussed on My 600 Pound Life that the poundticipants are paid extra if they will film shower scenes, so my first thought was that Coltee was getting extra pay to film that beach scene!

They should have paid we the viewers 😮  

That scene was just cringe inducing.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

I think it’s fine to send money home to make loved ones life better when you can afford it. I don’t know what the father does because I often half ass listen but he seems to have a nice home and supports the daughters brood. It’s ridiculous to live in someone else's home not contribute to that household and send money to demanding siblings and parent. I’m sure the TLC money is factored in from his family. 
that’s pretty funny that the canned meat is his favorite to have momma make him. 
I see  I’m typing as similar thoughts are posted. Extra  money for flesh exposure ? Have mercy on us for their lack of dignity.  
I live in fear Ed’s satin robe is going to open 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
On 8/1/2020 at 11:24 AM, ThereButFor said:

We’ve discussed on My 600 Pound Life that the poundticipants are paid extra if they will film shower scenes, so my first thought was that Coltee was getting extra pay to film that beach scene!

I wonder the price was to sell out his dignity.

• Love 3

Larissa is here in the States long enough to know how to speaK American without the “eee” after her words.  It isn’t cute anymore, but annoying.  She lies around everyone’s house causing trouble.  She’s living off this show, and everyone she can get her hands on.  Go back to where you came from.  She’s using whatever money she has to beautify herself and looks ridiculous.  Go home!

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Larissa is here in the States long enough to know how to speaK American without the “eee” after her words.  It isn’t cute anymore, but annoying.  She lies around everyone’s house causing trouble.  She’s living off this show, and everyone she can get her hands on.  Go back to where you came from.  She’s using whatever money she has to do what she thinks will beautify herself and but she looks ridiculous.  Go home!

Fixed it for ya!

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Angela is more worried about having a baby than worrying if she has cancer and it has spread.  All it takes is one cell that gets away.  Couldn’t she have waited for the trip until she got the news?  Plus, she left a sick Mother with a room full of kids.  
I want to shake Paul.  He’s so useless.  His Mother has to pay for his dog food.

• Love 8

Don’t these crying babies have pacifiers or favorite blankies to sooth them?  Especially when in the car?

12 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

I hate the fact that he has those dogs and that they’re  caged up.  I’m sure he won’t take care of them either.   

When I saw that cage, I couldn’t even look.  

• Love 3

Colt's dad died super young from a heart attack. Given Debbie's "care" I understand why. 10-oz of beef each night with processed potatoes and liquor. I can't believe that Debbie is in good health-- she's going to need more intensive care soon. Colt may downplay her health needs, but she seems to be very physically restricted and is probably diabetic, high blood pressure, etc. 

The best thing Colt could do, for himself, has nothing to do with women. He needs to start taking care  of his health. He's young and obese and has very bad health habits. He's going to age quickly and die young like his father if he isn't careful. His mother is pretty clueless about anything health-- she just wants someone to eat beef with, drink liquor, and relax.

Although I can't stand Colt, I do think his mother is holding him back from having a good life-- just in supporting really unhealthy habits and not caring about his longevity. She is using him, IMO to support her own bad habits, and it appears she has a bit of alcohol and violence/ aggressive side herself. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 14
50 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Don’t these crying babies have pacifiers or favorite blankies to sooth them?  Especially when in the car?

When I saw that cage, I couldn’t even look.  

Kalani's kids being brats is not surprising, since I think the kids freak out anytime they are with are their parents. They are used to being taken care of by the grandparents. I don't know what Kalani and Asuelu do during the day, in real life, but their kids don't seem too comforted by them, making me think they don't really spend that much time with their kids. 

I get Paul keeping his dogs. If I was homeless and penniless, I would never never abandon my dog. There are so many dogs that end up in shelters because their owners can't take care of them, so I'm glad Paul is prioritizing his dogs. Just because he is poor doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to have pets. He's doing his best. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Clearly, Aseulu's family believes he has a lot of money because they see him on television.  So to them a grand is small change.  Instead of buying gifts, I think the money would be more appreciated.  I have a feeling Aseulu is telling his family negative stuff about his wife and in-laws.  Hence the tension.  

Unless I am mistaken, Andrei and Libby are already married, so all of the "he seems to be hiding something is" is null and void. They should have had him investigated when he landed in the U.S., during the 90 days period before the wedding.  

• Love 15

If Larissa spent ten grand on that face she should ask for a refund.

It would have to be a pretty big bus to throw Kalani under.  And Asuelu would need to hit the gym.

I keep expecting Andrei to call Charlie girlie man like Hans and Frank.

Dylan was having noodles with cucumber and grapes for dinner.

I have a feeling that pet store will never have an opening when Paul is the applicant.

Jess makes Larissa look sane.

Larissa’s lawyer Adam is fond of plaid shirts.  Maybe Deb could be his receptionist.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

Larissa and Eric-ee and Carmen: What you spent on your face could have paid a few months' worth of rent and living expenses. Or some courses to help qualify you for a decent job. Instead, you got surgery and mooched off anyone you could find.  No, it was wrong for Eric-ee and Colt-ee to discuss and compare your intimacy habits. It's very much junior high school. Blowing up at Eric was not in your best interest nor was taking your so-called phone back without warning. Larissa, you just seem to use people and don't think about the damage you do, or the collateral stuff that happens. Very selfish, self-absorbed, entitled, and immature. Carmen has the patience of a saint to not throw you out, change the locks, and her phone number.

Coltee and Jess and Debbie: Three is not company. Way to go, Coltee. Ask for a woman's hand in marriage. You barely know her but you love her. Uh, what do you love about her? That she pretends to want you? Her visa is up in six months. She wants to stay in the US. Debbie can see that but not you. And Debbie doesn't want you getting married - at least not so fast and at least not before she can maybe prod, er, force, Vanessa to you - who she likes better. Here is hoping that Vanessa is outplaying her.

Angela and My-kull: So much bad behaviour on Ange's end. She is lucky that she is apparently healthy as a horse. She wants to marry Mykull, she doesn't - she's like a wilted daisy that she's plucking. Ange is very lucky that she does not have cancer. Her doctor should follow up with her when she returns so she can come back in six months. Toting a baby is not that easy for you and if you really can't do it and Mykull wants a kid or two or three, set him free. Or get used to a second, third, and fourth wife.

Pole and Karine: Not much to say here in light of recent information about him. Surely he can make an appointment with a job counsellor to help him learn to better present himself to an employer. Karine most likely needs medical and psychiatric help and Pole's mother should not be enabling him. She had some tough talk but she needs to continue to back it up.

Tania and Syngin: They are exhausting to watch. Too much fighting and they got married way too fast. Maybe also too much drinking. Perhaps a month in rehab would do them well so they can learn about themselves.

Asuelu and Kalani: Yeah, the $200 in junk and corned beef will go a long way to buy Asuelu's mom's love. Maybe she figures that since her son is on TV, he is rich and $1000 is nothing. He has a low end part time job, and a wife and two kids to support. He is also living with his wife's parents. Where is that kind of cash going to fall from? How does it take so long to fly from Utah to Washington State? I can see 2 or 3 hours max. And oh yeah, send the corned beef from Amazon.

Andreii and Libby: Libby's family has had over 2 years to get the dirt on Andreii. He isn't budging and railroading him is not going to help. He has no desire to share. We all have our secrets or things we don't open up to everyone about. I know I do. Have no idea what some people's motives are and some things can hurt me and that some folks are worthless. Let it go. The breakfast headcheese was a no-go - surely there was some bread or sausage or other meat available. Libby's family thrives on drama and fighting. Enjoy the time in Moldova, get to know the inlaws and stop bringing up stuff that you do not need to.

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Asuelu and Kalani:  How does it take so long to fly from Utah to Washington State? I can see 2 or 3 hours max. And oh yeah, send the corned beef from Amazon.

Why doesn't Asuelu go visit his mom and sister on his own and leave the kids behind? I know the grandma probably wants to see the kids but it would just be better (and probably cheaper and less drama) if Aseulu just goes on his own.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, MyVelouria said:

He wants to give his mother the full $1000, while he couldn't be arsed to send Kalani a dime when she was pregnant. I cannot with this idiot.

Not that I think Ansuelu's mother should get $1,000 from them, but after paying for airfare, car rental, air bnb and the gifts, it was feasible to give $1,000. They shouldn't have take this trip at all or postponed it until Ansuelu could save that up. I don't understand the rush to visit.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Clearly, Aseulu's family believes he has a lot of money because they see him on television.  So to them a grand is small change.  Instead of buying gifts, I think the money would be more appreciated.  I have a feeling Aseulu is telling his family negative stuff about his wife and in-laws.  Hence the tension.  

Unless I am mistaken, Andrei and Libby are already married, so all of the "he seems to be hiding something is" is null and void. They should have had him investigated when he landed in the U.S., during the 90 days period before the wedding.  

That's what I believe about Asuelu's family---they want that TLC money!

I'm sick of Libby forgetting that she's married and that maybe her husband and baby come first. Why she lets her family continue to badmouth Andrei (they didn't want her marry him in the first place and she did), they should shut up, accept he's the choice she made. Seeing how they rely on Chuck's money to survive, she lets this happen. I'm sick of their rudeness and waiting to be with his close friends and family to ask these stupid questions. They've had plenty of time in Florida to do this. Enjoy this trip to Moldova and soak it up instead of acting like ugly Americans! 

• Love 20
On 7/29/2020 at 11:00 PM, magemaud said:

I was floored that there was such a large Samoan specialty store near their home, but I couldn't understand why Asuelu thought t-shirts that said "Samoa" were a great gift to take his mother and half-sisters in Washington State. 

Yes!  All of this!  They could get that stuff back home, and then they spent almost $200 on it!  Damn!  I can't stand seeing the previews with his gold digging mom and sister, but if she "needs" money, then give her money.  Definitely not $1000 money, though.  

Is anyone else really over Angela saying, "Tote that baby"  Who the hell says that??  You tote a barge and a bale, but not a baby. 

I really think there is little hope for ANY of the couples this season.  None of them are good for each other. 

• Love 19

If I was Angela, my first question would be "Why am I bleeding"?

If she wants a baby with Michael, they should find a surrogate.

Why would Larissa agree with the producer to confront Eric-ee with her being this close to having all her legal affairs over?

Sinjin's sister has on some tight-ass jeans!

All of these couples seem to make one bad decision after another after another.

And how does that couple support 11 kids?

• Love 9
55 minutes ago, nb360 said:

Why doesn't Asuelu go visit his mom and sister on his own and leave the kids behind? I know the grandma probably wants to see the kids but it would just be better (and probably cheaper and less drama) if Aseulu just goes on his own.

I was thinking the same thing!  Stop pouting and cursing like sniveling pansy-ass.  Help the family in, get the kids to bed, and then go off to see your mom! 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, nb360 said:

At least the first night they arrived he could have dropped Kalani and the boys off at the AirBnB and gone to see his mother alone. 

The Palm brand corned beef IS available on Amazon, but four 11.5 ounce cans is $35! Anyway, Asuelu had an ulterior motive in taking it to his mother to prepare for HIM. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 5

Why was Asuelu lifting the cans to see which to buy? That's what the labels are for.

They took 2 flights to Portland (which doesn't have direct flights to St. George) and Asuelu's family couldn't even bother to put them up? What kind of parent/grandparent makes their family get an Airbnb?

My spouse thinks the Larissa Eric storyline is fake and poorly acted. Also that Eric referencing Dolly Parton makes it unlikely he was ever romantically interested in Larissa. 

I think Elizabeth's family are being rude and aggressive in general. But I also think Andrei is being weirdly secretive about Ireland. "You met Elizabeth when you were working in Ireland. What brought you across Europe?" is not an unusual question. Just like it's not weird for people to ask me what brought me from New Jersey to Seattle.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, suzywallis said:

Is anyone else really over Angela saying, "Tote that baby"  Who the hell says that?? 

I’m with you. At first I thought “tote” was kind of cute and folksy, now it just sounds dumb. And I can’t believe Angela ever thought she had a single viable “aig.” 

I think Micheal’s best course of action is to impregnate a local girl and have his mother raise the baby if and when he comes to the US. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

why tote around a bunch of spam when you can use amazon prime.

(I proudly used tote in a sentence)

Well, look at you go! Now just stick a pack of cigarettes in your bra and stand outside in the sun for two years and you'll be on your way to Angefying yourself! 😁

• LOL 15
  • Love 4

Wow, Deb, so smug and artful. "Vanessa's just watching the cats," said in her best "I didn't do anything" voice. Nice bit of gaslighting - "What's wrong with that?" Not even the least bit apologetic about her desire to sabotage the relationship. She gets more repulsive every time we see her.

Family Asuelu - rude and acquisitive. No wonder it seems he hasn't talked to them since he's been in the States.

Family Libby - could teach a class on turning one question into a three day assault.

Family Syngin - what is with all these families doing post mortems on the marriages. Guess they have to get their 15 minutes in.

Tania - still a buzz kill. "Pace yourself a little bit. You don't have to be too excited."

Edited by renatae
  • Love 16

Colt will continue to find and “fall in love” with needy, controlling and emotionally unstable women because that is what he knows. Debbie will continue to find fault and sabotage his relationships because she is the original needy, controlling and emotionally unstable woman who has modeled the relationship that he’s looking for. Debbie has perfected the art of manipulating and triggering these women into losing their shit, then sits back and enjoys the show. 

Angela is no better than Ed.  She knows she can’t give Michael a baby, but she dangles that carrot and, just as they are about to pull the trigger - “oh, by the way, there’s hardly any chance at all that I’ll be able to give you a child. I know it’s your lifelong dream to become a father, but you love me enough to toss that aside, right?” She should be ashamed of herself for even suggesting that he needs to choose between marrying her and being a father. In the majority of relationships, that’s a deal breaker, isn’t it?

• Love 23

Asuelu was acting like a six year old spending his very first allowance at that Samoan store. No clue about the value of money. Considering that they had to take two flights to get to Portland, I don't think it would have taken that much longer to drive there. I am guessing that his sister probably lives around Vancouver WA which borders on Portland. It certainly would have been less expensive than airfare.

I could have done without listening to Tania slurping down that tea. I was happy that Syngin finally told her to let him finish a sentence - I yell that at her every time she is on. They are doomed, and I was hoping that maybe he had only  bought himself a one way ticket to South Africa, because he should not bother to come back to the US.

Libby's family are a complete embarrassment and it should be double the fun when the rest of them descend in Moldova. She is spineless and although Andreii is rather defensive, she should tell her family to back the hell off.

I can understand Angela being nervous about getting her results from the Dr., but lighting up while she was facetiming was not a good look. She may have received a clean bill of health this time, but next time may be different if she keeps up this lifestyle.

I dislike Jess so much that I can't even get too upset with Debbie. And Colt is an idiot who deserves her. 

No words for this Larissa nonsense - I couldn't help wondering if she was reading some of those big words from a script. And as has been said, she would have been far better off to use that $10K on something like living quarters.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, pwdrpuff said:

I’m not great with Geography, but I even know that Washington DC is in Virginia, not Washington state. Lol. Yes it was a cross-county trip.

They live in Washington, Utah, which is near St. George. So they flew from St George and likely had a connecting flight to Portland via Salt Lake City. 

22 minutes ago, lizajane said:

They live in Washington, Utah, which is near St. George. So they flew from St George and likely had a connecting flight to Portland via Salt Lake City. 

That’s crazy it took them all day to fly there from Utah.  I think his family is disgusting how they demanded money. Do they not know they are being filmed. Tired of little boy Asuelu and his annoying prepubescent voice.  Hopefully he stays in Washington.

Edited by pwdrpuff
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 8/1/2020 at 10:24 AM, ThereButFor said:

Now that's just disgusting of production, if true. One, we don't need scenes like that and two, it's pathetic to bribe people to bare themselves for shock value. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, however, knowing what other shenanigans are going on.

• Love 7

So Libby decides to tell Andre in front of her family that she rather him work now that the baby is older. That’s a private conversation. That should have been between them not her shit stirring family. Seemed like it was news to him which,even though it’s Andre, I don’t doubt.

I love how she volunteered her mother “or whatever” to babysit Ellie. WTF is whatever ? 

• Love 17
On 8/1/2020 at 6:02 AM, mamadrama said:

I realize that, but at the time of filming her mother was dying from cancer and Angela didn't know what kind she might have, if it was treatable, or if she had it at all. 

My 13yo son has Hodgkin's Lymphoma, which is "very treatable." It is still very much a big deal. Surgery, chemo, radiation, all the doctors appointments...even the "good" cancers suck. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your son. All those treatments are very difficult to endure.

I've had endometrial cancer, and I believe Angela knew this is what the biopsy was about. It can also entail some chemo and/or radiation, but if caught early enough, surgery might be sufficient.

• Love 7

Syngin's mother is a classic enabler. He has no focus in his life...when I grow up..I will be an opera singer, an actor, a model, a doctor.....why know where I am going because my MOM knows that I need to find myself...well he found Tania as a result of having no goals and expects her to behave like his mom...giving him time to find himself while she supports him at the pub...he wants to be a nomad....Mom, he is the product of you!

Debbie is the original SMOTHERED....or puppet master...Coltee...you look the fool...Mom will wed you to Vanessa because she can control that scene.Jess is an immature green card wantabee...but fits Coltee's type..."anyone as far removed from Debbie"...who has a strong stomach...(really Coltee -speedo is not your style...You need a women's two piece with strong mammary support and body shaping.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Asuelu doesn't understand that he's whining like his children because he's tired. Poor Kalani is a single mother to 3 toddlers. I understand that Libby's family is tired of Andrei's mooching ways, but dinner in his country of origin was not the place for this discussion. 

Larissa is such a train wreck, but at least Eric is just as crazy as she is. How does she expect him to pay for her boobs when he couldn't afford to buy a phone? 

Jess needs to find another American. Debbie is making it clear that she isn't letting her man ,I mean her son go without a fight.

Edited by spunky
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12