Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

B90 Strikes Back!

Recommended Posts

Discuss the latest 90 Day iteration here!  Please remember that the forum rules still apply.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I eagerly await Couch Talk, wherein prior cast members watch episodes of Pillow Talk and comment on the pillow talkers' comments.

Edited by Gobi
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post

When will this be on?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Gobi said:

I eagerly await Couch Talk, wherein prior cast members watch episodes of Pillow Talk and comment on the pillow talkers comments.

Can we get all the furniture in on this?  Barca lounger talk?  Laz-e-boy recliner talk? Dining room table talk?  Wicker furniture talk?  Bean bag talk?  Ottoman talk?

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Gobi said:

I eagerly await Couch Talk, wherein prior cast members watch episodes of Pillow Talk and comment on the pillow talkers' comments.

  • And furniture?
  • And decor?
  • And wardrobe?
  • And snacks or lack thereof?

I'm going to check out YouTube videos on "Girding One's Loins," so I'll be able to watch Big Ed without having a collection of barf bags at my side.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, neh said:

When will this be on?

Monday at 8pm.  Live Chat will be open.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I think this is stupid. Letting these crazies have the last word when their egos are already sky high pisses me off. I'd be MUCH more interested in:

- Rose watching scenes with Ed and reacting to them

- Darcey reacting to Tom's talking heads and social media shenanigans

- Karine's parents reacting to scenes of Paul running around and generally acting nuts

- Lana reacting to David's talking heads about his relationship with her

- Molly reaching to Luis' treatment of her kids

- David's friends reacting to Evelyn's singing and comments to David (there's no European dream)

- Angela's daughter Skylar reacting to scenes of her mom flipping out on Mykul 

 

  • Like 14
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

This circus has officially gone past it's expiration date, at least for me.  Clearly the ratings are there so lots of others are still enjoying or hate-watching.  I love reading comments in here and will continue to do that, but I can't take any more permutations and combinations of this bunch.  

  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

At 10:45 I decided I couldn't hang around and wait any longer and went to bed.  I think I made the right choice.  No one wants to watch Ed or Tom attempt being witty and clever.  No one, TLC.  NO. ONE. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I managed to miss this one - when I saw Ed and Tom featured in the promos I realized that I could watch another rerun of Maine Cabin Masters and be much happier!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Monday at 8pm.  Live Chat will be open.

for Eastern Time zoners only?

There should be a Pillow Talk for B90 Strikes Back.

Edited by deirdra

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

At 10:45 I decided I couldn't hang around and wait any longer and went to bed.  I think I made the right choice.  No one wants to watch Ed or Tom attempt being witty and clever.  No one, TLC.  NO. ONE. 

 

3 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I managed to miss this one - when I saw Ed and Tom featured in the promos I realized that I could watch another rerun of Maine Cabin Masters and be much happier!

It's on tonight - today is Monday right?? lol  

 

I could care less for what tom has to say but I'm interested in watching Ed. I liked some of his comments on the 'reunion'. There must be more than tom and ed right??? 

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

 

It's on tonight - today is Monday right?? lol  

 

I could care less for what tom has to say but I'm interested in watching Ed. I liked some of his comments on the 'reunion'. There must be more than tom and ed right??? 

Rose was shown in the preview, which surprised me, as was Avery.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Rose and Avery like those TLC checks to cash....so they will be available for THs early and often.

Too much Ed is inflating his already out sized ego.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

If this is going to be a series, I want to know how can OUR fabulous comments get on the air? 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I think Avery does a disservice to herself by participating in this spin-off.  She seemed accepting and non-judgmental in her season.  In the promos, she's stiff as she tries to pretend that she's gearing herself up for catfights with keyboard bullies.  I think that she was a necessary last-minute substitution for BGL.

Of course, Tom and Ed relish this opportunity for more camera-time in which they show what great catches they are to their countless loving fans.  They're such media whores.  Yolanda remains a complete void.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

If this is going to be a series, I want to know how can OUR fabulous comments get on the air? 

We're funnier, to be sure. But we're probably too expensive for TLC's shoestring budget. My agent says not to get out of bed for less than $10,000. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 19

Share this post


Link to post

Yolanda has to one of the dumbest people ever to be on tv.... 

Why do Yolanda’s kids look like they are 60 years old ... her sons are very unattractive 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

This is the trashiest trash. It's a show about a show, an after show, and some tweets. I'm so here.

Oh my God. Someone should have told Avery not to do this. She seemed high af and loud. It was uncute.

Rosemary is losing any goodwill I had for her. You "loved" him and he hurt you, now you are just nasty and insulting at every turn. Childish.

Ed is coming off no better. What a douche!

Ash is boring. So. Boring.

I actually like Yolanda on here. Reading the tweets was quite funny. "Get Aunty Yolanda a fun uncle to get her back bent a little." Ded.

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Exchange with husband after watching Yolanda's segments tonight...

 

Screenshot_20200623-014332~2.png

Screenshot_20200623-014500~2.png

Edited by mamadrama
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, P-bolts said:

I found Rose mean and Avery high as f

weird show 

That's the reason I liked it! I fully support both in their endeavors. 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I watched it and found it mildly amusing in an "I've got an hour to kill before dinner so why not?" kind of way.

As Avery's wine bottle contents went down, the volume of her voice went up.  I didn't find her too annoying, just a little rambling and difficult to follow at times (see wine consumption above).

Ed...when he inquired about what women liked best about him, I yelled "YOUR DOG" before he even answered his own question.  Just ewww.  And the sight of him in that hot tub trying to wink and making sexual innuendos made me need a Silkwood style shower.

I wonder if this is a series or if it's a one-and-done special.  I won't lie.  If it's a series, I'll probably watch it, but I'm going to need more Darcey shenanigans to actually enjoy it.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, magemaud said:

If this is going to be a series, I want to know how can OUR fabulous comments get on the air? 

I'm assuming they would avoid this forum like it was the plague (bad pun for current times but I'm still waking up and couldn't think of another word for "plague")...

Unlike most of Twitter, Instagram, and Redditt, this forum is actually filled with intelligent, well-spoken, extremely literate adults whose logical questions would make most of those participants' heads explode Scanner style.  

We should probably count ourselves fortunate that they don't use any of our PTV material  😄 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I watched about 10 minutes this morning while I was working out.  

As someone above said, the idea that these terrible people (Ed) get to "clap back" unchallenged is kind of annoying.  

And yes Ed, everyone knows you have a medical condition.  That's really not why they are making fun of you. 

And just LOL at Ed acting like sending rose money would have been soooooo much worse.  She probably sold half the shit he sent....for money.  

Also, Lerner's of New York was my favorite retailer many moons ago....then it became NY&CO.  I didn't think Lerner's was even a thing anymore and hadn't been for like a decade. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Or Ash's jeggings?  Am I still the only one traumatized by those things?  He could barely sit right on the couch.  He looked like Kramer trying to sit on Jerry's couch back in the day in his tight jeans.

3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

As Avery's wine bottle contents went down, the volume of her voice went up.  I didn't find her too annoying, just a little rambling and difficult to follow at times (see wine consumption above).

And if I took a shot every time she played with her hair, I would have been just as tanked as she was.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

As Avery's wine bottle contents went down, the volume of her voice went up.  I didn't find her too annoying, just a little rambling and difficult to follow at times (see wine consumption above).

And "Mary Jane" definitely showed up! 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I wonder if this is a series or if it's a one-and-done special.  I won't lie.  If it's a series, I'll probably watch it, but I'm going to need more Darcey shenanigans to actually enjoy it.  

It's advertised as a "series" and not even as a "limited series" like the Quarantine Edition. From the previews, we will still see Darcey, Stephanie and David responding to social media comments. But I predict BGL and Geoffrey will be conspicuously absent. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I am really hoping that Ed is wearing something under that robe/komino thing he has on.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

It's advertised as a "series" and not even as a "limited series" like the Quarantine Edition. From the previews, we will still see Darcey, Stephanie and David responding to social media comments. But I predict BGL and Geoffrey will be conspicuously absent. 

Some of them kept saying they were watching the first episode. I hope to God we are not going episode by episode for this.  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't understand why Rose is on this show.  She's not witty or entertaining in any way.  She's just a nasty immature woman.  I got a laugh or two from the rest though, it was nice to hear some of the comments.

  • Like 6
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

I don't understand why Rose is on this show.  She's not witty or entertaining in any way.  She's just a nasty immature woman.  I got a laugh or two from the rest though, it was nice to hear some of the comments.

Considering how Rose was treated on the show, she's the only person I'm interested in seeing. How is what she did any nastier than what Ed, Tom, Ash, or really any of the others did? 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Considering how Rose was treated on the show, she's the only person I'm interested in seeing. How is what she did any nastier than what Ed, Tom, Ash, or really any of the others did? 

I appreciate that you enjoyed her segment.  I just did not.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I set this up on my DVR as a "series" and it is set to record again next Monday, so it seems like TLC must be taking it one week at a time (other series show up for the next 2 weeks on my DVR).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

More B90? I wasn't expecting that...so...

Rose: Rose has officially worn out her welcome with me. I started out suspicious of her, then started to like her, then felt sorry for her, and now I think she's just immature and playing up her bitchiness because of the support she got from viewers. And, as a rule, she shouldn't tell her kid that guys on the internet are his daddy.

Ed: For someone who loves his little Teddy so much, Ed doesn't seem to have an ounce of understanding for him or what he needs. Ed is constantly man-handling and kissing him, and that poor little dog is always struggling to get away or get comfortable. He's like a grown-up version of Drucilla when she was throwing that poor puppy up in the air.

Avery: Avery is too high and too drunk and too loud. At first I was like, okay, who cares, but then I noticed her kid's toys piled up behind her and it made me feel kind of sad. Where is the kid when she's high and drunk? Anyway, I do think it's funny that she admitted that she should have worn another shirt under that "romper" she had on at the restaurant, because at the time I was like, what the hell is she wearing....???

Yolanda: I LOVE Yolanda's little Yorkie!!!

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

I am really hoping that Ed is wearing something under that robe/komino thing he has on.

Nope, just 🥚...and the smell of potato salad gone rancid.....

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Ed reminds me of Jesse telling us about going on a date and how nervous he was.  These two awful, thirsty men are trying to persuade us they are charming and self-deprecating and won't we just love them to pieces?  I think Jesse has probably (please god) jumped the shark and *maybe* won't be back (line for the sacrificial altar forms to the right; objects for sacrificial prayers are sold to the left), but Ed is working it as hard as he can.  While Jesse relied on his looks and muscle-man body (why doesn't Vanessa call him?), Ed is trying to work on our sympathy for his disability, which he apparently can't stop talking about--for goodness' sake, regular viewers know what's going on, and people who make fun of him are not the audience that will keep him on the air.  He still doesn't get it that what's repellent is his personality, not his appearance (well, Hellman-head is a tough thing to get over, I'll admit), so he's turning on the charm and inviting us to love his little rascally self.  I'd rather be hit in the head with a cinderblock.

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Teri313 said:

More B90? I wasn't expecting that...so...

Rose: Rose has officially worn out her welcome with me. I started out suspicious of her, then started to like her, then felt sorry for her, and now I think she's just immature and playing up her bitchiness because of the support she got from viewers. And, as a rule, she shouldn't tell her kid that guys on the internet are his daddy.

Ed: For someone who loves his little Teddy so much, Ed doesn't seem to have an ounce of understanding for him or what he needs. Ed is constantly man-handling and kissing him, and that poor little dog is always struggling to get away or get comfortable. He's like a grown-up version of Drucilla when she was throwing that poor puppy up in the air.

Avery: Avery is too high and too drunk and too loud. At first I was like, okay, who cares, but then I noticed her kid's toys piled up behind her and it made me feel kind of sad. Where is the kid when she's high and drunk? Anyway, I do think it's funny that she admitted that she should have worn another shirt under that "romper" she had on at the restaurant, because at the time I was like, what the hell is she wearing....???

Yolanda: I LOVE Yolanda's little Yorkie!!!

The dogs on this show are the stars for sure.

I never felt sorry for Rose, she knew exactly what she was getting with Ed, a few inches taller or shorter was not going to make a difference with their relationship, she was not looking for love and neither was he.  I feel sorry for Prince (sheesh, I hate that is a name for some little kid), he needs so much and life is not easy to grow up in poverty.  Also, it looked like Rose was in an indoor house, I do not remember that hot pink room in the house where Ed slept and showered with Papa Rose.

Avery was baked! If I took yoga classes with her I would probably like her, she seems okay in real life, it's her man picker that is out of whack for sure.

Yolanda...big time fakey fake with the Weeyums, she knows that we know that she knows it was fake. I am at the point where I mute her commercial, (her voice is so annoying) she is on, she reads a tweet about her calling Caesar but he does not have muscles so she won't, she does not have muscles/a toned body so maybe Caesar won't want her, she needs to stop acting like she can get the guy in photos that Weeyums sent her.

 

 

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Rose lost me on this show. She wasn't being funny, she was just being mean. Ed wasn't perfect but I thought her comments were just cruel last night.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/23/2020 at 2:24 AM, P-bolts said:

I found Rose mean and Avery high as f

weird show 

To me, Rose came off as a scam artist right from the start.  Street smart.  And her screech does not help.  Could not put my finger on it.  It’s why I had no sympathy for her.  When it became evident to her that her mark wasn’t as much as a fool as she thought, she handled the situation.    

None of what I just said means that I think Ed was acting appropriately. Or is likable.  Of course, he loves his dog and that is always on the plus side for me.  (Although if Teddy always has bad breath, Ed should understand there is a dental issue that needs to be addressed.  Also, as Teri313 has already pointed out, he manhandles that dog too much.)

Edited by Kid
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Kid said:

(Although if Teddy always has bad breath, Ed should understand there is a dental issue that needs to be addressed.)

Yes . . . maybe Teddy has an ulcer!  😉

  • Laugh 14
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yolanda’s dog (the Yorkie) is ADORABLE!!!  

There are 3 dogs in that household!!!   Now, I really like her.  She was foolish but she seems to be a nice person.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Rose, hunny, that orange dress against that hot pink background does not work.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/21/2020 at 5:36 PM, RealReality said:

Can we get all the furniture in on this?  Barca lounger talk?  Laz-e-boy recliner talk? Dining room table talk?  Wicker furniture talk?  Bean bag talk?  Ottoman talk?

Tania’s sister has a papasan chair.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

This latest spinoff proves the law of diminishing returns.  While Pillow Talk usually breezes by, this seemed several hours long.

Ed, Teddy is 11 so stop throwing him around like a rag doll.

Conditioner has chemicals?  You think that store-bought mayo doesn’t?

I’m not impressed that you have an Italian leather sofa or that you are still wearing a kimono that you bought 12 years ago open to your navel.

Why was Yolanda bugging about something on her lip when she appears to be missing an entire lower tooth?  BTW not too many women in their 50s are going to find a man with muscles unless they are sugar mamas.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

lol at Yolanda being upset that she had something on her lip and nobody told her when she should've been upset at being catfished. Priorities... 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Kid said:

To me, Rose came off as a scam artist right from the start.  Street smart.  And her screech does not help.  Could not put my finger on it.

The fact that she showed up to meet him at the airport and stay in his hotel room with only a teensy backpack and no negligee or change of clothes made me think she was expecting to hop straight into bed nekkid, with no foreplay or relationship-building; a simple transaction for money, goods, and/or a Visa to the US.  Both Ed and Rose loudly feign outrage when we call their bluff. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/23/2020 at 7:37 AM, Persnickety1 said:

made me need a Silkwood style shower.

And a “Silence of the Lambs” Skin peeling.....

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size