Type keyword(s) to search

B90 Strikes Back!

• Start Topic

On 9/10/2020 at 4:53 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

I suspect David is a super cheapskate.   I mean, he gave the scammer a cubic zirconia “place holder” engagement ring.     That’s cheap.

I don't think it was ever intended as a “place holder”; I think he just said that so the jewelry store guy wouldn't think he was cheap.  I'd LOVE to see Lana's true reaction once she left the airport with that gumball machine ring.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

I don't think it was ever intended as a “place holder”; I think he just said that so the jewelry store guy wouldn't think he was cheap.  I'd LOVE to see Lana's true reaction once she left the airport with that gumball machine ring.

And went straight to the pawn shop.

• Love 2

I finally watched some of this show and none of these people are interesting enough to fill a whole season of this.

David’s house looks like he bought everything in 1984 and hasn’t updated it since.

Ed is a putz but Rose is so shrill and nasty acting I think they are about even.

• Love 4

Ugh, this show is so boring that sometimes I even forget to check this thread.

I wanted to talk about David's antiquated blow dryer/straightener he displayed a couple of episodes back.  

I wanted to confess to my fellow posters that I owned this piece of crap...In 1971/1972 when I was a pre-teen.   

That thing is roughly 50 years old...and David still has it.  

Good gawd almighty, it was all mangled and burnt looking at the bristles.  I wonder if the simpleton is still using it.  

If so, I hope he keeps a fire extinguisher handy.  *shudder*

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I'm usually quiet when I watch TV, but, for some reason, every time David says something, I feel compelled to tell him, yes, you ARE being scammed.  He is so frustrating.  And dense.  Lana isn't scamming him.  Why?  Because she says so.  She only has five outfits.  How does he know this?  Because she told him.  She doesn't get any money from the website he uses to talk to her.  She told him so.  Why would she lie?  It's not like she could send him her email and download some translating app for free or a onetime fee that David would gladly pay rather than hundreds of thousands of dollars overtime.  If she really loved him and wasn't scamming him.  Too bad he doesn't have a friend from Ukraine or any way to hire an investigator to warn him or check things out.

I guess I should just pity him and leave him to his delusions.  He's so pathetic.

On a nicer note, Rose said she missed Ed's chats because he used to be nice and romantic.  It was a nice change from the barbs she usually throws.  Ed still sucks, though.

Still disagree with how Steph acted with Erica,  but she's somewhat likable on this show.

Edited by Johann
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

David’s house looks like he bought everything in 1984 and hasn’t updated it since

I started having visions of his very elderly mother being locked in her bedroom, with a gag on during filming so we couldn’t hear her. This is her house and he and his cats rule the roost.

Edited by cooksdelight
Proper grammar is important.
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

I was bored last night so watched this episode.  Promptly deleted it and all of the others afterward.  David, you are being scammed and I don't even feel sorry for you.  Ed, keep your clothes on - the only decent things about you are your mom and your dog.  Stephanie - nobody believes that you went to Australia looking for a relationship.  Erica - keep living your best life because you are the only thing worth watching on this show!

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Ugh, this show is so boring that sometimes I even forget to check this thread.

I wanted to talk about David's antiquated blow dryer/straightener he displayed a couple of episodes back.  

I wanted to confess to my fellow posters that I owned this piece of crap...In 1971/1972 when I was a pre-teen.   

That thing is roughly 50 years old...and David still has it.  

Good gawd almighty, it was all mangled and burnt looking at the bristles.  I wonder if the simpleton is still using it.  

If so, I hope he keeps a fire extinguisher handy.  *shudder*

Are you speaking of the "Hot Comb Blow Dryer?" I remember that thing, ungainly to use.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Are you speaking of the "Hot Comb Blow Dryer?" I remember that thing, ungainly to use.

Yes, I believe that was the name of it.  I can't remember which company made it, though.  Mine was blue with orange or yellow bristles.  I was so excited to get it, only to be disappointed.  

Ungainly, definitely.  Heavy, awkward size, and even after wrestling with it for an hour, my thick curly hair STILL wouldn't be dry and definitely wasn't straighter.

I don't think I hung onto mine for more than a few months, yet there's David, showing off his relic 50 years later 😂

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I especially loved being scolded & schooled by David about the art of fine dining.  If you haven't eaten a rabbit at a restaurant, you obviously haven't been going to the most expensive, super fanciest of places, you peasants!

Oh, and all of his cracks about eastern European women being so cold and frigid?  And how he has tricks to warm them up?  This guy is a Dateline episode waiting to happen. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And he had said himself that when she came out of the subway or off the train, she was walking with a man, who then split off as she headed towards David.  Hell-oooooo.  Husband?  Bodyguard?  Production Assistant?

The real Lana?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
29 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I especially loved being scolded & schooled by David about the art of fine dining.  If you haven't eaten a rabbit at a restaurant, you obviously haven't been going to the most expensive, super fanciest of places, you peasants!

In Europe it is the peasants who eat rabbit because it is cheap.  Lana probably picked it so she wouldn't seem like a gold digger. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Oh, and all of his cracks about eastern European women being so cold and frigid?  And how he has tricks to warm them up?  This guy is a Dateline episode waiting to happen. 

The Granny Clampet Restaurant of Fine Dining.  Today's specialities: Rabbit and Possum.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 9/22/2020 at 10:59 PM, Johann said:

I'm usually quiet when I watch TV, but, for some reason, every time David says something, I feel compelled to tell him, yes, you ARE being scammed.  He is so frustrating.  And dense.  Lana isn't scamming him.  Why?  Because she says so.  She only has five outfits.  How does he know this?  Because she told him.  She doesn't get any money from the website he uses to talk to her.  She told him so.  Why would she lie?  It's not like she could send him her email and download some translating app for free or a onetime fee that David would gladly pay rather than hundreds of thousands of dollars overtime.  If she really loved him and wasn't scamming him.  Too bad he doesn't have a friend from Ukraine or any way to hire an investigator to warn him or check things out.

I guess I should just pity him and leave him to his delusions.  He's so pathetic.

On a nicer note, Rose said she missed Ed's chats because he used to be nice and romantic.  It was a nice change from the barbs she usually throws.  Ed still sucks, though.

Still disagree with how Steph acted with Erica,  but she's somewhat likable on this show.

David's constant insisting, without any reasoning which makes any sense, that he's not being scammed just drives me nuts. "Oh, look, see how happy she is to talk to me!" while she practically cringes, or "She was embarrassed to accept such an expensive gift as the phone" when she wound up never using it "because it's too slow for her to type on" (try talking into it, fool!) irritates me no end.

And of course, he's turned the private investigator he hired into an enemy for telling him what he found. David thinks everyone is on multiple websites USING DIFFERENT NAMES AND LOCATIONS because that's just how it works. OK.

I feel like I need a grey cell inhibitor to keep my head from exploding when David "reasons" with us.

Edited by renatae
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

How the heck does this show have its own tell all? The whole show is a tell all! Pretty soon we will have a tell all about the tell all, a pillow talk about the tell all tell all and then another strike back for the tell all. When does it end!

Edited by Madding crowd
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
Just now, Madding crowd said:

How the heck does this show have its own tell all? The whole show is a tell all! Pretty soon we will have a tell all about the tell all, a pillow talk about the tell all tell all and then another strike back for the tell all. When does it end!

Sadly, during covid, there aren't a lot of other options.  LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Some of the Pillow-Talkers are a lot more perceptive and funnier than the Strikes-Backers.  I don't need two shows, just one with the Pillow-Talkers commenting on the Strikes-Backers.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

Some of the Pillow-Talkers are a lot more perceptive and funnier than the Strikes-Backers.  I don't need two shows, just one with the Pillow-Talkers commenting on the Strikes-Backers.

Pillow talk is my favorite out of all the shows, but they already do pillow talk after Before the 90 Days, so doing it again on strikes back is just commenting on the same things.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

It ends when we stop watching

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Pillow talk is my favorite out of all the shows, but they already do pillow talk after Before the 90 Days, so doing it again on strikes back is just commenting on the same things.

Kind of like a debate.  But more fun for the viewer.

• Love 1
On 9/29/2020 at 5:53 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Overall this show was pretty dull - far too much of Big Ed and whiny Rose.  I do enjoy seeing Erika again and I think Ash and Avery's responses to their critics have been funny. 

I agree about Ed and Rose.  I liked how she stood up for herself but now......I can pass on her.

Ash and Avery can laugh at themselves, so that is good.

• Love 2

This show only works, IMO, with contributors who are very self aware and willing to be in on the joke.  For example, the combo of Yolanda and her daughter b/c she has grown a little self awareness and her daughter giving her "ya dumbass" looks really works.  Stephanie is significantly more likable, as she is self deprecating, and willing to, at least on the surface, take responsibility for why she fucked up her relationship.  I actually really liked Ericka during her season, but her complete lack of any responsibility for her relationship makes me like her a little less.  I'm sure a lot of this was mostly Steph's fault, but Ericka wasn't perfect either.  

On the other hand, David and Rose are both shrill and takes every tweet and opinion WAY too seriously. I'm not looking forward to Angela on any of these shows b/c she is mean spirited and thinks of herself as judge/jury/executioner. 

• Love 3