Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: My Life In 7 Suitcases

• Start Topic

Ari leaves her life behind to be with Biniyam in Ethiopia, but her mom has standards; Jenny is shocked when she arrives at her new home in India; Chaos erupts when Brittany arrives in Jordan; Jihoon reveals he is keeping another secret from Deavan.

Airs June 22, 2020.

23 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Any takers on Sparkletush's big secret?

Took me a minute to figure out who you were talking about. At first I thought it must be Ariela because her parents think the sun shines out her ass. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
On 6/18/2020 at 3:41 PM, Uncle JUICE said:

Any takers on Sparkletush's big secret? Because if it's "I don't have a job yet" I don't think that qualifies. Oh, I know!

Jihoon fucked Evelin. 

I'd watch that. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

I can't wait for this one to air.  

It's hard to guess what the people on this show are up to, because they all have secrets, they all lie constantly, and they're all fools.  Actually, the story lines remind me of my relative's lying Christmas letters.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8
(edited)

Man, CrazyInAlabama, we had this nutty relative who would write "everybody's perfect and working for world peace" Christmas letters and we used to look forward to it just for the LAUGHS!

We'd read it OUT LOUD at dinner and just HOWL!!  One of my favorite Christmas memories!

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 19
  • Love 3
(edited)

Jihoon's no prize, but Deavan rented an Air BnB for them. She didn't navigate through the complicated Korean real estate market. It will be years before they can afford that. 

The cow only improved Jenny's apartment.

I don't like Brittany, but I vote for her to turn back around and leave. When her dad sees that scene he's going to flip. I liked the producer's "why me?"

I got nothing for Ariella. 

Can't snark on Kenny and Armando. Yet. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 9

I'm usually half watching this while on social media or reading the live chat thread, but tonight when Armando was on with his parents, I was riveted.  I didn't get distracted once and it just broke my hear.  I really hope this all works out.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Jenny clucking about how old that house is might be one of the funniest things I’ve seen on TV this year. 

Jenny is exactly twice Sumit's age. This will never happen again. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

In that airport freak out scene, Brittany looked like she was struggling not to laugh. The whole thing looked so fake and scripted. Is this the best TLC can come up with? 

Jihoon’s friends were hilarious and astute. I liked him last season because he seemed so light-hearted, humorous and easygoing. The fact that he’s a father now and only works part time doing deliveries has officially put him in loser territory. Is unemployment rampant in South Korea? Are rental prices sky high like in New York or London? I want to know what he does with his time. 

I also want to know if Jenny has health insurance in India. 

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, alotmorestupider said:

In that airport freak out scene, Brittany looked like she was struggling not to laugh. The whole thing looked so fake and scripted. Is this the best TLC can come up with? 

Jihoon’s friends were hilarious and astute. I liked him last season because he seemed so light-hearted, humorous and easygoing. The fact that he’s a father now and only works part time doing deliveries has officially put him in loser territory. Is unemployment rampant in South Korea? Are rental prices sky high like in New York or London? I want to know what he does with his time. 

That airport scene actually looked like one of the more "real" scenes they've shown. I don't think Brittany's feelings are real, I think this whole storyline is fake from her perspective, but IMO the freakout was real. Had it been faked I think TLC would've done a better job of setting up the shot and it wouldn't have been so scattered. Some people laugh when they're nervous or upset. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, alotmorestupider said:

I also want to know if Jenny has health insurance in

The problem is more likely the deposit. I lived there briefly and at the time, remember people telling me the deposits are insane- they can be close to as much as the place is worth, and even on the lower end, like half of that.

• Useful 7
4 hours ago, alotmorestupider said:

TLC group insurance.

Hopefully, Jenny was still on COBRA from her previous job, if not, she was free wheeling her health care in Palm Springs...

Jenny is stupid enough to take early SS, do you think she rubbed 2 brain cells together to think about health insurance?

• Love 13

If Sumit was telling the truth that in their new location you can get murdered for ten dollars, they just need to make sure everyone knows they don’t have ten dollars.   But on the serious side, if that is true he better not disappear for days at a time like last season.

• Love 11
(edited)
15 hours ago, alotmorestupider said:

also want to know if Jenny has health insurance in India. 

Since Jenny never plans ahead for anything, my guess is she doesn't have U.S. or India health insurance.    I'm guessing she didn't get travel insurance either.    She's like a 3 year old in a 62 year old body.  

Even if Jenny comes back to the U.S., she won't have Medicare until she's 65.     That was an extremely tame, and quiet cow, so except for cleaning the floors a little, she should stop shrieking at the cow.    I bet that poor cow couldn't wait to get away from the shrieking, hysterical Jenny.  

Ariela is out of her mind if she thinks hauling a bunch of medical stuff, including that tiny water bottle, will help her with her delivery.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16

Brittany needed to get right back on that plane. She is not ready for life in Jordan and is only fooling herself.  If that's how he behaves with cameras around, imagine what could happen when the crew leaves.  This "relationship" is a trainwreck waiting to happen.  

Ariela's DIY delivery kit is proof she needs to have her baby in the U.S.  Did she even research the healthcare system in Ethiopia? Her mom is correct epidurals are dangerous even if a certified person is doing it. All it takes is a minor slip of the hand and she could be paralyzed for life. 

Jihoon's wife (forgot her name) is going to be raising 3 children when she gets to Korea. Does he even have a job? He reminds me of Ansuelu, just a man child. 

I had to laugh at Jenny's horror when they brought the cow into the house. I grew up in the Caribbean so a cow just roaming the streets minding it's business is nothing new. I also grew up around a lot of Hindus and know that cows are considered sacred in their religion. Does she even know anything about his culture or religious beliefs? She seems to be in love with the idea of love.

• Love 17

Not sure why Brittany felt the need to travel with booze.  Of course she was shown chugging from a bottle at home so maybe there is a dependency issue.

3 minutes ago, spunky said:

I had to laugh at Jenny's horror when they brought the cow into the house. I grew up in the Caribbean so a cow just roaming the streets minding it's business is nothing new. I also grew up around a lot of Hindus and know that cows are considered sacred in their religion.

Hence the expression sacred cow.  Although Jenny may not be aware of it (or much anything else).

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Do you watch Pillow Talk?  

ROBERT:  Which do you think is older, that house or Jenny?

ANNY:  Jenny.

I swear, I haven't laughed that hard at a random Pillow Talk comment in ages.  

Poor Jenny...scared of the traditional burning ceremony, scared that the cow might break out in mad cow disease and start destroying their new home, scared of the neighborhood...

The thing she should be scared of is for the second time packing up her life and moving to India for that lying spineless sack of shit who still can't/won't even get a divorce.  

Another thing she should be concerned about is that even IF she and Sumit marry, she won't be eligible for free health care for SEVEN YEARS.  She's almost 62, and probably cannot afford private health care in India.  And Medicare doesn't cover people living that far away from the USA.

Girl, you in danger.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Not sure why Brittany felt the need to travel with booze.  Of course she was shown chugging from a bottle at home so maybe there is a dependency issue.

Hence the expression sacred cow.  Although Jenny may not be aware of it (or much anything else).

Brittany is extremely immature and isn't ready for any real relationship. Especially one with a devout Muslim man in a strict country.  Poor Jenny just seems lost at all times. She strikes me as someone who has been naive here entire life.

1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

Another thing she should be concerned about is that even IF she and Sumit marry, she won't be eligible for free health care for SEVEN YEARS.  She's almost 62, and probably cannot afford private health care in India.  And Medicare doesn't cover people living that far away from the USA.

Girl, you in danger.

All I can say is, poor Jenny.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, spunky said:

Brittany is extremely immature and isn't ready for any real relationship. Especially one with a devout Muslim man in a strict country. 

I wouldn't be surprised to hear Brittany tell Yazan that she brought the bottle of wine for his parents as a gift.  LOL.  She really does seem that dim to me.

• LOL 12
40 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Poor Jenny...scared of the traditional burning ceremony, scared that the cow might break out in mad cow disease and start destroying their new home, scared of the neighborhood...

The thing she should be scared of is for the second time packing up her life and moving to India for that lying spineless sack of shit who still can't/won't even get a divorce.  

Jenny is quite the Scared Lady, isn't she?  I wanted his friends to be like "We punked you!!  You actually walked around with a flower pot on your head!!!  GOTCHA!"

45 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Since Jenny never plans ahead for anything, my guess is she doesn't have U.S. or India health insurance.    I'm guessing she didn't get travel insurance either.    She's like a 3 year old in a 62 year old body.  

Most of these participants seem like they are 13 to 15 years old emotionally.  It explains the T shirts, mugs and posters with each other's pictures, taking conversation from "Let's talk about Islam" to "Your beard is really cute!"   They don't talk about hard stuff, they simply sigh and say " I love you Boo!  I miss you!!!"

Brittnay's Boo is from a very strict family if she does not want her face filmed; that is (I assume) from not wanting a man she is married to, or her sons, to see her face.  I have worked with a few of these ladies, so I am guessing that it why.  Yes you can drink in Jordan, in moderation, just no public drunkeness.  And clearly his family is quite strict.  And she is MARRIED.    Knowing I was married and seeing his reaction to a bottle of tequila (or whatever it was) I would have high tailed it outta there.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear Brittany tell Yazan that she brought the bottle of wine for his parents as a gift.  LOL.  She really does seem that dim to me.

It was a bottle of Patron!

• Love 4

Britt, that yelling and show of displeasure over the Patron was for the bystanders witnessing your inappropriate display of affection to other men at the airport...

Yazoo is expected to loudly condemn your breach of behavior....it was a show for the cameras and to cover his ass...

If that amount of yelling bothers Brit then buckle up Buttercup, it is going to be a shout fest from him and his family at the top of their lungs when you cannot show Daddy Yazoo the Divorce papers...it will be epic intensity and ferocity.

Jenny.... sell everything you brought and then just give the proceeds to your landlord toward future rent.

Prepay the water and electricity bills so you have credits.

If the neighbors see nothing then they will not break into your hovel or try to kidnap you since no one is coming for you with a ransom.

Sell your nice handbag, any Western clothing of value.

Your happiness is with Scummit, not things.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Sis needed to stay in Florida with her sugar daddies. There are so many red flags right now with this relationship. 

• Love 9

Sumit's dick must be really good to give up everything, as Jenny so emphatically stated to the cameras last night. I laughed when she scolded him about not lying to her again, and he sheepishly looked down and said he wouldn't lie again. But we all know he was lying about not lying. 

Yazan probably asked for Brittany to bring so booze so they could party together. 

Jihoon is a mess but I believe Deaven is even more messed up based on what I've seen on social media.  Anyhow...anyone notice that Driscilla was drinking out of a bottle at the airport. I found that odd behavior for a 4 year old. 

Ari story bores me. However will not be surprised if she hightails it back home after the baby is born. 

Armando...😭   

• Love 7
(edited)

Room Rater Other Way

Armando 10/10

The tiled fireplace is bright and cheery. Natural light and calm atmosphere.

Jenny 1/10

To be reevaluated when you rise from Divorce Poverty,  1 point awarded for the decorated  cow

Pillowers

Veronica +Tim 8/10 Good depth, Like the bold geometric curtains, plants, lamps on

Molly+ Cynthia 3/10 Cookie cutter condo, blue couch

Anny+Robert 2/10 Big pleather headboard dominates

Annie+David 4/10 Killing Two birds with one stone with a split painting of a plant, Bamboo plant in a matchy matchy vase

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I am sure that was a duty free purchase, she could not get on the plane with the bottle, duty free delivers to gate, sealed up, etc...it was a ridiculous purchase for her to make since she has been told that drinking is not really something she should be doing in public and probably not around his family.

• Love 12

Armando and Kenny feel to me like they belong on a different, significantly classier show.

Jihoon ain't shit.  His boys think he's a lazy POS.

I laughed for hard at the entire Jenny/Sumit situation. He has moved her into an abandoned house far away from a major city that is apparently VERY dangerous.  That's amazing. AMAZING.  She's a grown ass woman with not a pot to piss in hopelessly in love with a spineless, lying shithead who isn't rushing to get that divorce.  I cannot.  Also, I'm just gonna say this (and it's mean) from my POV: As a South Asian women, I want to raise up my South Asian men for the attractive dudes they are.  Yet, this dude is the most feckless asshole, and it makes him very unattractive (also, he's just unattractive, IMO). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
(edited)
On 6/21/2020 at 9:20 PM, goofygirl said:

Man, CrazyInAlabama, we had this nutty relative who would write "everybody's perfect and working for world peace" Christmas letters and we used to look forward to it just for the LAUGHS!

We'd read it OUT LOUD at dinner and just HOWL!!  One of my favorite Christmas memories!

That is ALL KINDS of awesome!

Edited by TipseyGirl
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Armando and Kenny feel to me like they belong on a different, significantly classier show.

Jihoon ain't shit.  His boys think he's a lazy POS.

I laughed for hard at the entire Jenny/Sumit situation. He has moved her into an abandoned house far away from a major city that is apparently VERY dangerous.  That's amazing. AMAZING.  She's a grown ass woman with not a pot to piss in hopelessly in love with a spineless, lying shithead who isn't rushing to get that divorce.  I cannot.  Also, I'm just gonna say this (and it's mean) from my POV: As a South Asian women, I want to raise up my South Asian men for the attractive dudes they are.  Yet, this dude is the most feckless asshole, and it makes him very unattractive (also, he's just unattractive, IMO). 

His friends are hot so we know that he is an outlier.

• Love 2

The TLC funded meal for goofball Jihoon and his non-goofball friends chat scene looked delicious. Cook your own meat at the table...I like it!

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did I hear correctly that Jenny and Submit are living an an abandoned house?  Also Sumitty said that the neighborhood was really bad, if so then why would she leave her luggage outside during the blessing of the cow house?

I assume the camera team watched the luggage. The cow thing was just a set up IMO. 

I worry about some of these women. What happens when the show is over and the cameras leave?  I don’t know spoilers or anything and I don’t want to, but I can only hope Jenny, Britney, the one in Ethiopia, Deaven etc., have all returned home now.

I don’t understand the attraction for Muslim partners when you’ve grown up in a country where women are independent. It rarely works.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also Sumitty said that the neighborhood was really bad, if so then why would she leave her luggage outside during the blessing of the cow house?

Because they closed the gate? LOL

• LOL 4

Some of these deluded folks have baggage the size of several steamer trunks and are reminiscent of those folks on the Titanic. Iceberg ahoy!

Jenny, why did you find a dude in India that isn't rich? He should have sent you pics of your soon to be home. An old house can be charming. The flower pot on the head and cow-warming party distracted you from the home being an er, dump, of sorts. Wait til Sumit pays off the dowry, gets the divorce, gets a job and then go back to India. Plus you having some money to help out and give yourself a better lifestyle. I am not 20 some years old any more and living in a dangerous, yucky place far from anything is not for me. I would be wondering what would be crawling out at night. It is not romantic any more and it's not going to end up in some book. I like my creature comforts and not being too far from a supermarket or market or anything. Wonder who cleaned up the cow patty.

Brittany, did you ever look up what life may be like in Jordan? What do you see in Yazan other than he is exotic. Maybe he is a nice fling, but I don't see husband material in him, or maybe you are not wife material for him. I think modest drinking is allowed, but you lugging the vodka or tequila or whatever it was in your baggage triggered him. Don't know if what he did was for show to the other folks at the airport or whether that really is a side of him you need to watch out for. The cameras will leave and you won't have the safety of a crew with you. You won't convert, you will sidestep any customs that are normal, you will most likely dress provocatively. Too independent and not looking for a life of structure. I would be on the phone or the nearest computer looking to book a flight home.

Ariela, you may have your heart in the right place, but you seem a little too spoiled and used to a luxury life at home. Has your baby daddy shown photos of your new abode? Do you seriously think you can have your baby there? Maybe if you worked for the UN or did some real work in Ethiopia and saw what life there was really like, you may change your mind. Again, another exotic vacation type dude that came with the added bonus of a kid.

Armando and Kenny are right now, too good for this show. Armando's scenes with his parents seemed raw and real. They do love their son, but they are also struggling in a fairly conservative country. Let him go and find his happiness. Maybe one day you will adore Kenny.

Deaven, people don't change unless they want to and you and Jihoon will not really change. Both of you need to grow up. You cannot force Jihoon to be what you want. He is who he is and he is not going to step up and be a dad to two kids and a spouse to you. Too immature right now and too used to living with his parents. He is unlikely to get a real job any time soon and you may be living with his parents in a cramped apartment for a long time. Too young to get married, and you don't always get married because you have a kid together. Both of you can love the child, but you may need a more stable man and not manchild to have a good partnership with.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jenny is stupid enough to take early SS, do you think she rubbed 2 brain cells together to think about health insurance?

There's nothing wrong with taking early social security.  You get a reduced benefit but are getting five years' worth of benefits before you would have received the full amount.  It's really a crap shoot.  Whether you would have made out better waiting until your full retirement age depends on when you die, which no one can predict short of a terminal illness.  But yes Jenny is stupid simply because she is entirely dependent on social security, which was always intended as just a supplement to retirement.  Her social security check obviously goes a lot farther in India than in this country, where she would be homeless.

• Love 8

Re Brittany and her booze....last time she was in Jordan, she was a tourist.  Different rules for tourists regarding alcohol, as opposed to soon to be wives of observant Muslim families.   Likewise fooling around.   Now that she is the fiancé, she is supposed to follow different rules.  

And she won’t even listen to what the rules are.  Would I like to follow them?  No.  However, where she is moving it is not optional.  She would humiliate her new family.  

I think his freak out was partially because he just realized she probably wasn’t changing.  Maybe if it were just the booze, he could hide it.  But she hugged men she is not related to. In public.  His mother won’t even show her face to nonfamily.  

She reminds me a bit of Ed the way she thinks she can be selfish and do what she wants and the other person will just accept it.   If she thinks this was bad, wait until she meets his family.  If she tries to charm and flirt, especially with his cute brother, there will be trouble.   She is used to being the centre of attention.  He has already told the camera that is not how women behave in Jordan. 

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Armando and Kenny are right now, too good for this show. Armando's scenes with his parents seemed raw and real. They do love their son, but they are also struggling in a fairly conservative country. Let him go and find his happiness. Maybe one day you will adore Kenny.

I 100% agree. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

The TLC funded meal for goofball Jihoon and his non-goofball friends chat scene looked delicious. Cook your own meat at the table...I like it!

Not sure where you are but my city has several Korean BBQ places like that so check around.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Takitaki said:

The problem is more likely the deposit. I lived there briefly and at the time, remember people telling me the deposits are insane- they can be close to as much as the place is worth, and even on the lower end, like half of that.

I learned from watching House Hunters International that it is called key money.   It is a percentage of the value of the house (varies from 30 to 70% in most instances).  The tenant does not pay monthly rent, however.

5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Jenny is quite the Scared Lady, isn't she?  I wanted his friends to be like "We punked you!!  You actually walked around with a flower pot on your head!!!  GOTCHA!"

Since Jenny supposedly came last time to be married to Sumit, I wonder why he didn't have the cow and flower pot ceremony that time. 

So far I only like Armando and Kenny, and the mother traveling to Ethiopia with the daughter whose stupidity reminds me of Jenny.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Most of these participants seem like they are 13 to 15 years old emotionally.  It explains the T shirts, mugs and posters with each other's pictures, taking conversation from "Let's talk about Islam" to "Your beard is really cute!"   They don't talk about hard stuff, they simply sigh and say " I love you Boo!  I miss you!!!"

Not to mention, every single one of them travels with some sort of stuffed animal. Really?

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Not sure where you are but my city has several Korean BBQ places like that so check around.

I’m in Ontario, Canada. I’ll have to check around once everything opens up and business as usual. I miss restaurants with friends and family. 

• Love 4

I think Brittany brought the bottle of booze so that she would have her own private stash to tide her over in Jordan until she figures out how to procure alcohol there as a young, single woman from the west. That's easier said than done. Now that we've seen glimpses of Yazan's family we see how strict and conservative they are. Brittany will not fit in with his family unless she makes some serious concessions. At this point she seems like a good time party girl excited to be going to an "exotic" country and hanging out with her boyfriend. The family will never approve of her antics. Unless she is willing to tone down her big personality, wear hijab, cut out alcohol, and act and look a certain way it's over before it has even started. It will be her choice what to do but she shouldn't get upset with his family. She knows their beliefs going in to it. Why would Yazan even consider this relationship a serious possibility?

• Love 14
16 hours ago, mamadrama said:

That airport scene actually looked like one of the more "real" scenes they've shown. I don't think Brittany's feelings are real, I think this whole storyline is fake from her perspective, but IMO the freakout was real. Had it been faked I think TLC would've done a better job of setting up the shot and it wouldn't have been so scattered. Some people laugh when they're nervous or upset. 

Here goes my UO.

I think Brittany is doing this to get more YouTube/Instagram followers.  There are tons of young women on Instagram who look ten times better than Brittany.  I think that scene was VERY real because it did look scattered, as if the camera person wasn't sure where to shoot.  I knew it was a dumb idea on her part when I saw her drinking liquor from the bottle, I mean that's wine-o shit right there.

TLC needs to stop getting people for their shows who have YouTube channels, because they're basically on the show to get more likes on their YouTube channels.

I don't get Deavan or Ariella.  It's one thing to get pregnant by a guy you barely know and you're both from the same country.  But to get pregnant by a guy you barely know, from a foreign country, where you don't know the language or customs AND you're going to move there is fucking stupid IMO.  One thing I can say for Brittany, at least she's not pregnant by what's his name.

• Love 17