Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: My Life In 7 Suitcases

• Start Topic

On 6/23/2020 at 5:37 PM, Neurochick said:

I think Brittany is doing this to get more YouTube/Instagram followers.  There are tons of young women on Instagram who look ten times better than Brittany.  I think that scene was VERY real because it did look scattered, as if the camera person wasn't sure where to shoot.  I knew it was a dumb idea on her part when I saw her drinking liquor from the bottle, I mean that's wine-o shit right there.

I also think Yazan really has no intention of marrying her. He likes that forbidden fruit, the partying. sexy girl.... he knows she will never convert. 

• Love 4
On 6/23/2020 at 7:22 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Driscilla with a baby bottle means she has not learned to self sooth except with sucking milk out of a bottle...all the upheaval in her life.

The live chat moves so fast; I didn’t even notice a PRE-SCHOOLER walking around with a bottle. Because if I had seen it, I’d have screamed my friggin’ head off. Horrible, lousy, lazy parenting. Deaven just follows the path of least resistance.

It’s like some people with toy dogs who never did any house-breaking or obedience training to teach the dog what the expectations are. Nope, easier to let the dog relieve itself in the house and pick him up when he starts growling or acting inappropriately. Teaching is too much work.

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I didn’t even notice a PRE-SCHOOLER walking around with a bottle.

My brother is 14 years younger than me.  When I was a teenager, I said to my mom why is he still sucking on a pacifier at 3 years old?  She looks at me and tells me that I was still on the bottle until 5 years old.  OUCH!  (But I think I turned out OK...)

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The live chat moves so fast; I didn’t even notice a PRE-SCHOOLER walking around with a bottle. Because if I had seen it, I’d have screamed my friggin’ head off. Horrible, lousy, lazy parenting. Deaven just follows the path of least resistance.

It’s like some people with toy dogs who never did any house-breaking or obedience training to teach the dog what the expectations are. Nope, easier to let the dog relieve itself in the house and pick him up when he starts growling or acting inappropriately. Teaching is too much work.

So much wrong with picking up your Jack Russell Terrier after he nearly rips someone's face off.....drives me CRAZY! HOLDING THEM IS A REWARD! Just perpetuates the behavior. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TzuShih said:

I kind of hate doing this because I have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for Jenny (or maybe I'm just 'soft in the brain')....BUT as soon as I saw the reference to "poor Jenny," memories came back to me of a cabaret number I'd heard years ago -- written by Kurt Weill & sung by Gertrude Lawrence in the 1941 Broadway show, Lady in the Dark.  (NO!  I was NOT born yet!)  Check out The Saga of Jenny.  (When link comes up, hit "Show More" to see the lyrics.)  All that said, I DO hope that Jenny & Sumit (& the cow) find 'true love.' ☺️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtwIuNVxBbY

I hope that they do too

3 hours ago, TzuShih said:

I kind of hate doing this because I have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for Jenny (or maybe I'm just 'soft in the brain')....BUT as soon as I saw the reference to "poor Jenny," memories came back to me of a cabaret number I'd heard years ago -- written by Kurt Weill & sung by Gertrude Lawrence in the 1941 Broadway show, Lady in the Dark.  (NO!  I was NOT born yet!)  Check out The Saga of Jenny.  (When link comes up, hit "Show More" to see the lyrics.)  All that said, I DO hope that Jenny & Sumit (& the cow) find 'true love.' ☺️

I hope that they do too.

• Love 2

Jenny is at the end of her rainbow!  Evidently a lifetime of bad decisions has led to zero income and sleeping on her daughter's sofa!

I believe in love and taking a chance but at some time reality sinks in and the stars in your eyes must face the reality of food and shelter.

Some fools just never wake up.  I think Jenny is one of them.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Jenny is at the end of her rainbow!  Evidently a lifetime of bad decisions has led to zero income and sleeping on her daughter's sofa!

I believe in love and taking a chance but at some time reality sinks in and the stars in your eyes must face the reality of food and shelter.

Some fools just never wake up.  I think Jenny is one of them.

While read it my own post two sayings came to me.

"The poor will always be with us"!

"Beauty fades but stupid is forever"!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

That is one dirty and smelly looking kid. Not her fault!

This bugs me so much. I may have looked a bit dumpy when my kids were little and out in public, but they ALWAYS were clean with hair brushed AND SHOES ON! I get so annoyed with Deavan that she's all about her eyeliner and crap and her kid constantly looks disheveled! Drascilla looks like she smells like a sour, wet diaper. 

• Love 17
14 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Auntie Anxiety you are my hero!!!! I train and show my dogs (Mastiffs) and am forever being asked what to do with fill-in-the-blank- issue with their dogs. Oh, no!! You mean I actually have to do WORK??? Put in EFFORT????  Um, yeah. I don't even listen to it anymore.  My first question is "are you willing to do what I say to do, every time, every day for however long it takes?" Nope! People would rather bitch than switch what they're not doing. Makes me crazy(er)!!  And while I don't have any human children, I suspect being very clear about what is and is not acceptable, being consistent, and praising good behavior and redirecting less desirable behavior would work just as well. Of course, I had a Southern Mama.....all it took was one GLARE and I would stop what I was doing.  

On another note...I totally love Jihoon's parents. Such nice people!!!

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

He's an uncontrollable jerk who's not married to her yet and verbally abusing her. The physical abuse isn't far behind.  He's not a shining example of how "beautiful" the Islamic life is that he told her.  I know he may not be a typical example,  but I loathe anything okay'ing treating women like garbage.

But on the other side, she has done nothing (that we can see) to educate herself on how she should conduct herself in Jordan. If women are so hell-bent on "I'm an independent woman and here in America we speak our minds and don't let anyone push us around, dammit!", then they really should reconsider going into countries with radically different social and cultural expectations.  

She's the type of character that irks me the most on this show. Similar behaviors have been exhibited by Angela, Lisa,and what's-her-name who married Aladin. 

• Love 18
23 minutes ago, Oldcrone said:

Of course, I had a Southern Mama.....all it took was one GLARE and I would stop what I was doing.  

I call that The Look. My sons learned about that look when they were quite young. Even my dog was tuned into it. Parents need to perfect it.

You train and show Mastiffs? Impressive.

• Love 4

a PRE-SCHOOLER walking around with a bottle...Horrible, lousy, lazy parenting. 

Exactly.

It happens now and then: Armando and his parents touched my shriveled, black heart.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

She's the type of character that irks me the most on this show. Similar behaviors have been exhibited by Angela, Lisa,and what's-her-name who married Aladin. 

We only see the relationships they have on camera, can you imagine how they conduct themselves in other un-filmed aspects of their lives?  It must always be a state of some mess or another.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, TzuShih said:

Love love love that I’m not the only one who thought of that!!!! Sang this in a college musical revue ... “and she got herself a husband but he wasn’t hers” lol. 

• LOL 1
(edited)

Yazoo wants a  outrageous, sexy, partying American girl like Britt

BUT

all those things are wrapped up and hidden inside a modest devout Muslim Jordanian woman who no eyes but his has seen this playful, lusty side...

His shouting ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH will not be the last time Brittany hears that at full volume on this trip...

Her mistake is promising Yazoo to be open to learning about Islamic ways with the purposeful misunderstanding that she will try to adhere to the rules.

Britt will be home in the U S  of A for her next orthodontic adjustment office visit....plenty of time....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
On 6/23/2020 at 12:34 PM, DEL901 said:

I think his freak out was partially because he just realized she probably wasn’t changing.  Maybe if it were just the booze, he could hide it.  But she hugged men she is not related to. In public.  His mother won’t even show her face to nonfamily.  

I think you are right.  He stuck his neck out a fair bit with his parents, assuring them that she would do what they wanted.  Then she does this.  To be fair, I don't think they had many conversations where they listened to each other about what expectation there would be.

I was impressed by his dad actually, he seemed more reasonable then I thought he would be.  And I liked the "take her roses" line.  We'll see what happens

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, hookedontv said:
6 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Similar behaviors have been exhibited by Angela, Lisa,and what's-her-name who married Aladin. 

That would be purple-dildo-toting Laura.

Remember how Laura insisted she was going to shake hands with Aladin's boss because SHE WAS AN AMERICAN WOMAN! 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, PearlClutcher said:

He's an uncontrollable jerk who's not married to her yet and verbally abusing her. The physical abuse isn't far behind.  He's not a shining example of how "beautiful" the Islamic life is that he told her.  I know he may not be a typical example,  but I loathe anything okay'ing treating women like garbage.

I know a good number of Muslim men, I used to teach ESL to Saudi Arabian students and their wives, and while family honor IS a big thing, I don't know anyone who would have this public freakout. That's one of the things they try to avoid. They would've at least waited until they were in the car, preferably home, before anything like that was brought up. Public displays of anger, especially ones that involve cursing, would be just as embarrassing and inappropriate as her hugging a non family member.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 6/23/2020 at 10:37 PM, RealReality said:

Britney is obviously doing this for camera time and attention.  

She talked about missing her old life is the way kids talk about missing their friends when they go away to summer camp.  She isn't planning on living in Jordan. 

My question is whether yazan is on it, because it doesn't seem like he is.  That rage looked real to me.  

I don't know if she just figures she will be fine because she is travelling with a camera crew so it doesn't matter if she is disrespectful of yazan, his family and his culture because she has no intention of marrying him and living there and nothing is going to happen to her with a camera crew. 

He was over the top, but I kinda feel for him if he was tricked into thinking she was serious because she clearly isn't. 

I think Brittany is there to get more followers on YouTube/Instagram.  She's doing this for the fame.  I have a feeling that Yazan is really in love with her.  When Brittany saw they were casting for this show, she pitched their story to the show.  I think Yazan was pissed off at her because he realized he'd been played.  I do not think that just because a person gets pissed off that they're going to kill you or something.  People do get angry.  I always worry if someone DOESN'T get angry. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Brittany is there to get more followers on YouTube/Instagram.  She's doing this for the fame.  I have a feeling that Yazan is really in love with her.  When Brittany saw they were casting for this show, she pitched their story to the show.  I think Yazan was pissed off at her because he realized he'd been played.  I do not think that just because a person gets pissed off that they're going to kill you or something.  People do get angry.  I always worry if someone DOESN'T get angry. 

That's what I think as well.

Brittany is in this for the clout/exposure/freebies. Yazan thinks it's real (I don't think he would get his family involved otherwise). The freakout was real and maybe spurred by his realization that this might not be what it seems. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

She's clearly not found it yet, just a munchkin,but I bet she CAN clean her own vagina. 

but she can't clip her own toenails! 

2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Doesn't Brittany seem to drink more than a normal amount? Who guzzles alcohol out of a bottle like that? Just seems worrisome to me.

I figure it's all producer driven drama to play up the "clash of cultures" aspect. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, magemaud said:

but she can't clip her own toenails! 

I figure it's all producer driven drama to play up the "clash of cultures" aspect. 

It may not even be real alcohol, a la Coltee. 

Also, to refer back to another question/observation re: why Jenny left her luggage outside the "abandoned house" ... I actually rewatched this episode (please don't judge, I thought I'd missed a few moments) and while she's not the sharpest tool in the shed outside the abandoned house in the abandoned town, in her own meager defense, Sumit did not tell her that it was the most dangerous place in India and people got murdered for $10 there until THEY WERE IN BED. 

Clearly, Sumit's concept of "pillow talk" is a little different than 90 DF "pillow talk." 

• LOL 12

I think Brittany is pretty harmless lol. I hate the comments about Colt’s body....if he was a woman it would be a different story just saying. I don’t mind watching Jenny and Sumit. Sumit is cute but is still playing games imo,Jenny and her daughter are identical lol. Davean always seemed like she came from the trailer park to me lol I always always skip her scenes but I might watch next week,her mom seems super trashy lol. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ErikaOnline said:

I think Brittany is pretty harmless lol. I hate the comments about Colt’s body....if he was a woman it would be a different story just saying. I don’t mind watching Jenny and Sumit. Sumit is cute but is still playing games imo,Jenny and her daughter are identical lol. Davean always seemed like she came from the trailer park to me lol I always always skip her scenes but I might watch next week,her mom seems super trashy lol. 

Agree with the bolded comment.  If Colt was a woman and people trashed her body, they'd be accused of fat shaming.  Is it okay because Colt's a man?

• Love 2
On 6/25/2020 at 4:20 PM, winsomeone said:

Doesn't Brittany seem to drink more than a normal amount? Who guzzles alcohol out of a bottle like that? Just seems worrisome to me.

I think that might be editing and producer encouragement.  Since I think she is just doing this for exposure, she probably wants the most outrageous storyline that will get the most screentime so she is willing to chug wine on camera and slip liquor into her suitcase. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ErikaOnline said:

I think people shit-talked Lisa's looks pretty hard, including her body. 

Specifically when she had that comment about how someone would think Usman had knocked her up. 

Angela is repeatedly referred to as obese and wrinkly and in need of moisturizer. 

I just think that when people snark, they go all in, particularly on the outliers.  Avery was fit and healthy looking, and this show hasn't had anyone who is super skinny (except rose maybe), but on LAL there is at least one woman who is super skinny and people have things to say about that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So far, the highlight of the season for me is Jenny seeing the cow, putting a flower pot on her head, and then finding out the cow will be coming in the house.   

I like to think the flower pot on the head thing was just them messing with her.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Agree with the bolded comment.  If Colt was a woman and people trashed her body, they'd be accused of fat shaming.  Is it okay because Colt's a man?

I don't know, we go pretty hard on Whitney Thore. And we haven't held back on BGL, Danielle, Angela, Jenny, Ashley, or Nicole's looks.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I don't know, we go pretty hard on Whitney Thore. And we haven't held back on BGL, Danielle, Angela, Jenny, Ashley, or Nicole's looks.

Furthermore, it isn't just that Coltee is fat.  He has an unusual body type, and I think that's OK to comment on.  His fat distribution is his problem, imo, not the fact that he is overweight.  Plus the fact that he has such confidence--that's worth talking about--that he goes after women with magnificent figures.  The women whose bodies are strangely configured who go after men way above their pay grade get talked about here a lot.

• Love 5

I think people rip on the participants' bodies if they're horrible people, which is most of them. If Kenny and Armando were fat or ugly, we would still be cooing over them, because they're not terrible people. If Coltee or BGL were kind and decent people, they wouldn't hear nearly as much nastiness about their bodies. If Usman was a horrible person (still up for debate), we'd be hearing a lot more about his missing tooth or weird little dances.

• Love 4
On 6/25/2020 at 11:43 AM, Oldcrone said:

Auntie Anxiety you are my hero!!!! I train and show my dogs (Mastiffs) and am forever being asked what to do with fill-in-the-blank- issue with their dogs. Oh, no!! You mean I actually have to do WORK??? Put in EFFORT????  Um, yeah. I don't even listen to it anymore.  My first question is "are you willing to do what I say to do, every time, every day for however long it takes?" Nope! People would rather bitch than switch what they're not doing. Makes me crazy(er)!!  And while I don't have any human children, I suspect being very clear about what is and is not acceptable, being consistent, and praising good behavior and redirecting less desirable behavior would work just as well. Of course, I had a Southern Mama.....all it took was one GLARE and I would stop what I was doing.  

Just HAD to cheer on Auntie Anxiety & OldCrone for promoting the training of ALL-sized dogs - from Mastiffs to Shih Tzu. ☺️ It not only builds a bond, but endears your dog to friends, family & neighbors.  As an active member of the Nat'l Shih Tzu club, I feel proud that so many of our members (& me, too) work with their Shih Tzu in Obedience & Agility.  And, yes, it DOES seem so true that "praising good behavior & redirecting less desirable behavior" works equally well with 2- AND 4-legged children.  ☺️  90-Day Fiance parents:  for the sake of the children you 'take along' on your journey for love -- please take note. ❤️

• Love 2
On 6/25/2020 at 3:10 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Love love love that I’m not the only one who thought of that!!!! Sang this in a college musical revue ... “and she got herself a husband but he wasn’t hers” lol. 

That IS SO COOL, Pamela, that you got to do The Saga of Jenny in a musical revue.  What fun that must have been!!  YouTube has videos of Gertrude Lawrence singing the song, as well as Julie Andrews in the film STAR.  Am so happy to have found someone else who put "TLC Jenny" together with the 'poor Jenny' of Kurt Weill.  ☺️☺️  "But she would make up her mind!☺️☺️

• Love 1
On 6/23/2020 at 5:37 PM, Neurochick said:

I don't get Deavan or Ariella.  It's one thing to get pregnant by a guy you barely know and you're both from the same country.  But to get pregnant by a guy you barely know, from a foreign country, where you don't know the language or customs AND you're going to move there is fucking stupid IMO.  One thing I can say for Brittany, at least she's not pregnant by what's his name.

Yup. 

• Love 1