Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Home Is Where the Heart Is/S02.E02: The Truth Will Set You Free

• Start Topic

Re: Brittany's deported ex - Didn't she say it was "kind of a relief" when he got deported a mere 3 months after they were married?  Ha, so from marrying him to being relieved he's deported in just 3 months...and then forgetting she was married to him at all.  Ok.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, wovenloaf said:

Re: Brittany's deported ex - Didn't she say it was "kind of a relief" when he got deported a mere 3 months after they were married?  Ha, so from marrying him to being relieved he's deported in just 3 months...and then forgetting she was married to him at all.  Ok.  

Yeah and she said it was because he was controlling but they dated for years before that and she never noticed?  Not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

He said he and his sisters attended a dual language school and watched a lot of American tv.  He has zero accent so it worked.

I dated a guy who learned English exclusively from overdubbed Bruce Lee movies, so it can happen. 

About Kenneth and Armando, I really hope these guys can work it out, like all of you, but because it's 90DF and they are currently so likeable, I'm expecting to be dealt a blow at some point over the next few episodes. A little food for thought, though--the universal truths of straight relationships have a lot less power in gay relationships. Possibly because imbalances of power tend along gender lines, and well, gay relationships don't have those. Age gaps are not uncommon and tend to have less power for the same reason. The expectations of men and women at certain ages are also starkly different, so ages matter less when you're with the same sex. My wife and I have 8 years between us, and it doesn't have the same effect as being involved with a man 8 years younger or older. If I were to marry a man it'd be someone around my own age. There is also less of an impact on how long you've been together--we make jokes about lesbians moving in on the 5th date, but moving fast has less of an impact with gay couples than straight ones. Why, I'm not sure, but I assume it has something to do with the shared hardships of being gay, especially in a place where being out is not very glamorous. The gay community is small and very tight-knit (might be why everyone is friends with their exes), and while that may be a double-edged sword in terms of the dating pool and not having the impetus to leave a partner with whom things aren't working well, it does tend to keep bonds stronger than if people had it easier.

(That said, I know two lesbian couples who have broken up during quarantine, so these are not hard-and-fast rules, just theorizing.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 6:02 AM, Christina said:

I remember that I liked Jenny and Sumit at first. They seemed to genuinely care for each other. It didn't take too long before the story became Jenny creating a romanticized vision in her head of the two of them fighting against all odds to be together, like Romeo and Juliet. Now, I find them both annoying and nearing insufferable and only want to see them fall apart. The fact she continues to ignore his lies makes it impossible for me to sympathize with her. She called him out on lying about the divorce hearing and he sputters something about mistaking the court hearing when it's the one from his wife saying he was bad to her. He cheated with an old white woman on television, ffs. Damn woman, buy a clue. At least she doesn't have much money to lose to him.

Brittany is following Rebecca's storyline and Ariela is following Tiffany's. I fully expect that meltdown Ariela has in the previews to be her excuse for returning home to deliver their child. There is some background info on why Ariela went to Ethiopia instead of him coming here, but it came out awhile ago and there wasn't a couple's thread for them. If I remember, I'll try and find it after the threads are created.

Deavan pulled her kids from filming after Taeyung's birth because of negative comments about Drascilla, so I wonder if they are going to be shown this year. I'm guessing yes because there is no reason for them to be on the show just talking about the two of them. I can see Sharp telling her the fans only care to see Taeyung and Jihoon because they are the only two that are talked about positively online. Deavan creates drama and exaggerates everything so it's hard to take her word for Jihoon being a lazy man. He's been working and moved them into an apartment days after she arrived in SK, but the show made it look like they were living with his parents for the drama. She gets irritating quickly because she comes across as such a sourpuss 24/7.

If Kenneth and Armando turned out to be scammers I may be heart broken. They are the palate cleanser of the season and the only couple I actually care to see.

This might have already been posted (re Ariela and Binyam) - contains spoilers

https://starcasm.net/90-day-fiance-other-way-ariela-biniyam-spoilers/

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, magemaud said:

During Jenny and Sumit's season, I actually spoke to someone who said his name was "Sumeet" on some type of a service call. I was SO tempted to ask, "How's Jenny?" but I lost my nerve. 

I've no doubt I would have inadvertently called this gentleman "Sumbitch" during the call.  😄  

22 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Jenny gave up her job, car, house (apartment?), 401K savings, wardrobe, "everything" to be with the man she loves.  She's "Back in the USA," with nothing.  Has to sleep on a daughter's sofa.  What impressed me?  SHE HAS A FINANCIAL ADVISOR !!!  

Is that the same dude she went to last season who was shocked she was moving to India with a whopping $6000 in savings?  He was incredulous then...he seemed downright gobsmacked this time around.  

Spoiler

I noticed in the previews it does appear Parents Sumbitch do make an appearance this season.  I'm wringing my hands in anticipation of that gem.  😄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, greekmom said:

Jenny and Sumit: Another round of droopy dog and the married man. Either these two are scamming us and TLC for the cash or Jenny is that stupid.

Well after watching Yolanda stare blankly at her phone for an entire season in anticipation of The Williams calling her, I now believe there are people in the world who are that stupid.  And Jenny is one of them.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Well after watching Yolanda stare blankly at her phone for an entire season in anticipation of The Williams calling her, I now believe there are people in the world who are that stupid.  And Jenny is one of them.

Yolanda also claims to have had Covid in early December when the earliest US case was late January.  And Vegas wasn’t where it originated in the US.

• Useful 1

@monagatuna I understand what you’re saying. Heteronormativity is filled with power imbalances and expectations due to age, earning potential and reproductive life spans (not to say that every straight couple follows these rules; I am talking about general trends). 

Armando is younger but he is “grown”. He has a business, was married, is a parent. He’s not some 22years old who’s never left Mommy’s basement. 

• Love 9

IF Brittany was actually interested in being married to Yazan and not being a reality tv star (or having a fling) she would learn more about Islam and the expectations of the marriage. 

Avery got a lot of flack during her season but I believed her conversion was genuine AND she was interested in being a wife to Omar, and building a life with him (as evidenced in their What Now episode where they try to figure out where they can go to be able to live together). The only similarities between Brittany and Avery are they were both engaged to Muslim men and that’s where it ends. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

And I don't wanna go all Tinsley Mortimer on you Luann, but Britney? You're NOT from Palm Beach. I am guessing West Palm Beach.

When I saw her scenes along the beach, it looked to me like the part of Ft Lauderdale near Hooters lol.  
Also, people from Palm Beach aren't going on this shitshow, they're not even going on a Real Housewives show.  They'll gently remind you they're too good for all of that and then ask you to kindly refill their drink.  Like you said, West Palm, sure, a definitely possibility.  

I wonder how all of these jokers see this show, see how the cast is just obliterated on social media, and STILL think it's a good idea to apply to be on it.  

• Love 4

Grandpa Kenneth and Sweet Baby Armando are this season's sweethearts.

Grandpappy needs to Google them an online couples' therapist to help them with the rough seas ahead.

Bebe needs his own therapist to unpack all his baggage....think two steamer trunks XL sized like in Joe Versus the Volcano, variuos check ins... max weight and carryons.

Gramps may be his transition boyfriend and not the forever partner....

(edited)

Predictions:

Biggest whiners...Britt and Areola.

Britt: I don't like fish with bones in it.....flies are everywhere..ewwww

Areola: I want to have my baby in Ethiopia and you can't scare me with stories of disease, non sterile conditions...my love baby will painlessly float out of my body and arrive on a unicorn.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

So if Jenny is so poor why hasn’t she been temping while moping on her daughter’s couch?  So if her SS is reduced by 30 percent it would have been 900 or 1000 per month if she waited until 66 or 67?  To be that low she either had low paying jobs or didn’t work many quarters.  

Although I don't believe this applies to Jenny, there are various reasons why some Social Security payments are low.  I've worked my entire life (always as single income) and was counting on social security as part of my retirement.  Imagine my surprise when I went to the social security office and they first informed me of the "Windfall Provision Act" which basically reduces one's social security income due to having worked in a job that had a private pension plan.  My payment was reduced by about 50% which really impacted my retirement plans.  Sigh.  I've worked ever since high school graduation, held 3 jobs (part-time) while in college, and full-time since then, even when getting my Masters and Doctoratal degrees.  Then, BAM!  I just wanted to cry as I was counting on the 50% they deducted (I have other retirement income, but was counting on the total I thought I would have).  

Back on topic-Jenny will have to be careful about any work she does as once she earns over a threshold, the government will deduct $1 from her social security for every $3 over the threshold that she earns.  So, she better be careful with her TLC paychecks (I think it's about $17,000 [if one starts drawing social security the year in which they turn 66, the threshold is about $48,000-this is what I'm doing]).  So, Jenny and Sumit may be surprised when her $675 actually goes lower due to her other income.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/9/2020 at 1:44 AM, Barbara Please said:

Brittney is going to struggle going to Jordan. She seems to be a free-spirit. If her first husband was controlling then how will it go down with Yazan? Also, how could she forget that she was  still legally married.  Ding dong, where is her mind? 

I can honestly get why Brittany forgot she was still married.  The guy was deported, maybe she thought the marriage was nul and void since I.C.E took him away.  I also don't get the post that said she is Chantal 2.0, Brittany's nothing like Chantal.

I don't get the sympathy for Sumit's wife, we don't know who she is or what she's like just because you "got cheated on" doesn't make you a saint.  That said, Jenny is a damn fool for going back to that scammer.  Their relationship began because Sumit catfished her, he was a liar then and he's a liar now.  Jenny should have left, blocked his calls, blocked him on social media, let his wife deal with his lying behind.

As for Ariela having her baby in Ethiopia some of us don't have it so good in the USA either.

Yolanda also claims to have had Covid in early December when the earliest US case was late January.  And Vegas wasn’t where it originated in the US.

Yes, but Vegas is a place where a lot of people visit.  I live in NYC and the reason it hit so hard here was because of the people who come to visit NYC.  No one knows that much about COVID-19 now, so it's a possibility.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get the sympathy for Sumit's wife, we don't know who she is or what she's like just because you "got cheated on" doesn't make you a saint. 

I don't think anyone's suggesting that Sumit's wife is a saint. But she married Sumit in good faith, expecting that they would try to build a life together. Instead he chases his aging poontang. All his friends know about it, and so did her in laws. She must have been humiliated. She'd have to be a complete, unmitigated asshole for me to not feel some sympathy for her. 

• Love 17
30 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't think anyone's suggesting that Sumit's wife is a saint. But she married Sumit in good faith, expecting that they would try to build a life together. Instead he chases his aging poontang. All his friends know about it, and so did her in laws. She must have been humiliated. She'd have to be a complete, unmitigated asshole for me to not feel some sympathy for her. 

Maybe she did marry Sumit in good faith.  Or maybe the marriage was arranged and she had zero say in it and just felt she had to make the best of it.  In some countries marriage isn't about love, it's about joining two families, or keeping the money close. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Although I don't believe this applies to Jenny, there are various reasons why some Social Security payments are low.  I've worked my entire life (always as single income) and was counting on social security as part of my retirement.  Imagine my surprise when I went to the social security office and they first informed me of the "Windfall Provision Act" which basically reduces one's social security income due to having worked in a job that had a private pension plan.  My payment was reduced by about 50% which really impacted my retirement plans.  Sigh.  I've worked ever since high school graduation, held 3 jobs (part-time) while in college, and full-time since then, even when getting my Masters and Doctoratal degrees.  Then, BAM!  I just wanted to cry as I was counting on the 50% they deducted (I have other retirement income, but was counting on the total I thought I would have).  

Back on topic-Jenny will have to be careful about any work she does as once she earns over a threshold, the government will deduct $1 from her social security for every $3 over the threshold that she earns.  So, she better be careful with her TLC paychecks (I think it's about $17,000 [if one starts drawing social security the year in which they turn 66, the threshold is about $48,000-this is what I'm doing]).  So, Jenny and Sumit may be surprised when her $675 actually goes lower due to her other income.

I know this is off-topic but it’s not just having a pension, it’s if during the years that you worked for that employer no social security taxes were withheld from your pay (basically not participating in the system).  So if for half of their working years someone was not paying into the system it makes sense that they would get a reduced benefit over someone who was paying in their entire working years.  If you were paying into SS all the time you might want to doublecheck whether the windfall provision was mistakenly applied to you.  I know in my state teachers don’t get SS but they also don’t pay into it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I can honestly get why Brittany forgot she was still married.  The guy was deported, maybe she thought the marriage was nul and void since I.C.E took him away.  I also don't get the post that said she is Chantal 2.0, Brittany's nothing like Chantal.

I don't get the sympathy for Sumit's wife, we don't know who she is or what she's like just because you "got cheated on" doesn't make you a saint.  That said, Jenny is a damn fool for going back to that scammer.  Their relationship began because Sumit catfished her, he was a liar then and he's a liar now.  Jenny should have left, blocked his calls, blocked him on social media, let his wife deal with his lying behind.

As for Ariela having her baby in Ethiopia some of us don't have it so good in the USA either.

Yes, but Vegas is a place where a lot of people visit.  I live in NYC and the reason it hit so hard here was because of the people who come to visit NYC.  No one knows that much about COVID-19 now, so it's a possibility.

It’s also possible that The Williams is real.

• LOL 9

I think Brittany probably thought the marriage was nul and void since ICE came for him and deported him.  Maybe she thought they weren't married anymore. 

Nah, she's just doing this for more YouTube views. 

Sumit is trash because he straight up lied to Jenny from day one.  First he catfished her, then he lied about being married.  Why in the world is Jenny going to see him again?  Is it for the TLC check?  Does she have a YouTube channel she's trying to launch?

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 6/9/2020 at 9:32 AM, Kid said:

Brittany forgot she was married???  

I hate when I do that.  Grrrr.  

I better check.  Am I married?  That's right.  I'm not.

dumbasses.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

Sumit is trash because he straight up lied to Jenny from day one.  First he catfished her, then he lied about being married.  Why in the world is Jenny going to see him again?  Is it for the TLC check?  Does she have a YouTube channel she's trying to launch?

All I can think is Sumit must be a freak in the bed. And I really hate to even think about that.

• LOL 9
12 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Depends on the source.  I've read several reputable publications that say it likely arrived in late fall but, since no one was aware of the existence of the virus, it was just diagnosed as an upper respiratory tract infection.  The first documented case doesn't necessarily mean it was the first case.  

I believe Yolanda.  I also believe I had it in mid January.  It was a nasty bitch, too, and I just had a moderate case.  Yolanda may have co-morbidities that led to her having a severe case.  

She's a total nutter about The Williams, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt about her hospitalization and symptoms.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe she did marry Sumit in good faith.  Or maybe the marriage was arranged and she had zero say in it and just felt she had to make the best of it.  In some countries marriage isn't about love, it's about joining two families, or keeping the money close. 

I'm aware of that. Though in modern India it's rare for a couple who are going the arranged marriage route not to meet beforehand, date, and decide if they like each other before getting married. Arranged marriage is still fairly common, especially among educated individuals who want to meet someone with a similar background, education, religious views. Sumit seems to be from a middle class family, I'm sure his bride was also, and would have to agree to the marriage. Even if in the very unlikely event she was dragged to the altar against her will, there is no evidence to suggest that she deserved the treatment she received at the hands of her husband. 

8 hours ago, mmecorday said:

All I can think is Sumit must be a freak in the bed. And I really hate to even think about that.

Or Jenny must be. 

I'll see myself out. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Neurochick said:

That would still make the marriage a marriage “in good faith” even if it was arranged  just about joining two families and keeping the money close. Sumit’s wife might not give two whoots if he sleeps with Jenny (or someone else), but he did embarrass  her on a PUBLIC forum for all the world to see (if they have internet access) and how he claims he wants a divorce and isn’t paying the dowry back.

If you want a divorce you have to pay back the dowry!! Sumit wants it both ways and that’s wrong. Give the woman back her dowry so she can be free to marry again, don’t exploit her and STEAL it. That’s why I think people feel bad for Summit’s wife- the Financial fraud, not the interpersonal feelings about fidelity. Without her dowry back she’s essentially “stuck” and unable to remarry if she wants OR support herself with it. 

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

That would still make the marriage a marriage “in good faith” even if it was arranged  just about joining two families and keeping the money close. Sumit’s wife might not give two whoots if he sleeps with Jenny (or someone else), but he did embarrass  her on a PUBLIC forum for all the world to see (if they have internet access) and how he claims he wants a divorce and isn’t paying the dowry back.

If you want a divorce you have to pay back the dowry!! Sumit wants it both ways and that’s wrong. Give the woman back her dowry so she can be free to marry again, don’t exploit her and STEAL it. That’s why I think people feel bad for Summit’s wife- the Financial fraud, not the interpersonal feelings about fidelity. Without her dowry back she’s essentially “stuck” and unable to remarry if she wants OR support herself with it. 

I have Indian friends who were born in the US and divorce is taboo even for them.  I wonder how easy it will be for a divorcée to find a second husband over there even if she gets the dowry back.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MrBuhBye said:

I have Indian friends who were born in the US and divorce is taboo even for them.  I wonder how easy it will be for a divorcée to find a second husband over there even if she gets the dowry back.

Well I’m assuming she’s Sumit’s age or younger, and they have no children. Due to gender imbalances she might be able to make another match if she wants one, but that’s a good point. 

• Love 2
On 6/10/2020 at 12:07 PM, MrBuhBye said:

On the tell-all, Yolanda said she had had the flu and that they did not suspect Covid since she was sick in December and that was before the outbreak. So let's at least give her that.

23 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I get the distinct impression that the marriage was arranged; that's very common in India and there was mention that perhaps it was set up hastily after Jenny's first visit when Sumit's family surely could see that she would not be providing any grandchildren for them.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

We knew a couple from India with an arranged marriage. They said it was truly considered a business transaction: The husband can provide a good living for his wife/family; the wife is expected to provide children and maintain the home. We asked what happened if there was strife between a couple. They said "you work it out." And if that doesn't happen? "The family gets involved and it gets worked out." Divorce was not as simple an option as here, if at all.  

I'm sure that Sumit's decision to divorce is being highly scrutinized and is not at all common in his family/culture.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

On the tell-all, Yolanda said she had had the flu and that they did not suspect Covid since she was sick in December and that was before the outbreak. So let's at least give her that.

She said that the doctors said it wasn’t but she believes it was anyway.

15 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Depends on the source.  I've read several reputable publications that say it likely arrived in late fall but, since no one was aware of the existence of the virus, it was just diagnosed as an upper respiratory tract infection.  The first documented case doesn't necessarily mean it was the first case.  

I believe Yolanda.  I also believe I had it in mid January.  It was a nasty bitch, too, and I just had a moderate case.  Yolanda may have co-morbidities that led to her having a severe case.  

She's a total nutter about The Williams, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt about her hospitalization and symptoms.  

I have to agree with you, @Persnickety1. In early January there was a story all over our local news about a high school junior in the next county who had died of flu complications on New Year's Eve. I just Googled the story, and most of the stories describe flu-like symptoms, breathing problems and double-pneumonia. One mentioned that she was intubated and sedated, and another mentioned a stroke, too. Sound like anything we've heard of? One article did mention influenza B, but didn't specify her being tested so it's not clear if she actually was and where the reporter got that from (none of the others mentioned that). Also she was hospitalized once, got enough better to be sent home, then got worse again and went back - which is the classic COVID pattern. My suspicion is that she may have started off with the flu but then got COVID (maybe first hospitalization?). Plus, China was reporting this in December, which means people could have easily been coming from there with it in December. And I can see Vegas being somewhere the Chinese might be going (either for gambling or to conduct business). So yeah, I tend to believe Yolanda on this one.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, LadyoftheLake23 said:

I have to agree with you, @Persnickety1. In early January there was a story all over our local news about a high school junior in the next county who had died of flu complications on New Year's Eve. I just Googled the story, and most of the stories describe flu-like symptoms, breathing problems and double-pneumonia. One mentioned that she was intubated and sedated, and another mentioned a stroke, too. Sound like anything we've heard of? One article did mention influenza B, but didn't specify her being tested so it's not clear if she actually was and where the reporter got that from (none of the others mentioned that). Also she was hospitalized once, got enough better to be sent home, then got worse again and went back - which is the classic COVID pattern. My suspicion is that she may have started off with the flu but then got COVID (maybe first hospitalization?). Plus, China was reporting this in December, which means people could have easily been coming from there with it in December. And I can see Vegas being somewhere the Chinese might be going (either for gambling or to conduct business). So yeah, I tend to believe Yolanda on this one.

I've had several friends who were very sick with an undiagnosed illness in December and January which wasn't the flu - they now wonder if they've had Covid but because at that time it was not a "thing" they were never diagnosed.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

She said that the doctors said it wasn’t but she believes it was anyway.

I watched it a few times.  She said her doctor now believes it was coronavirus.   Has she had the antibody test?  Who knows. 

Or Jenny must be. 

I'll see myself out. 

Nah, Jenny's just a freak. Seriously, she looks like one of Sigmund's family members from "Sigmund the Sea Monster."

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I watched it a few times.  She said her doctor now believes it was coronavirus.   Has she had the antibody test?  Who knows. 

It’s a spoiler so I can’t say but if you read the synopsis of the leaked Tell All it has much more info in the Spoilers thread.

• Love 1

I generally wait for the couples to be together before I get all judgy, but I adore Kenny and Armando.  

13 hours ago, HelloOutThere said:

I certainly don’t mean to generalize and definitely don’t attempt to speak for all gay men.  But as someone who’s being around the block once or thrice — exploring myself as a gay man in Los Angeles for the past ~20 years — it’s my take. I wish these guys the best! 

I'm with you, all journeys are different.  That being said, my dad has been out for like 5 minutes and his partner has been out for like 30 years.  I think it's a matter of care and respect, and how much you're willing to give your partner.

I won't even go last season on Jenny and Sumbitch, they've given me enough new material.  Why is he still not working?  His excuse used to be juggling Jenny and his wife, what's the excuse now?  Why can't she wait until her birthday to go back?  Losing 30% income for no good reason is just dumb.  She keeps talking tough about needing to see proof, which is great, but then she caves and booked her flight anyways, totally negating her words.  I want to call her Eeyore, but my love of that sad donkey prevents me from associating him with her.

• Love 13

Jenny is making all kinds of mistakes right now.  First, Sumit NEEDS a job. I can't believe he is $10,000 in debt to his wife and is not working like a madman to pay it back. Also, Jenny needs to use her reality tv money to help her get through these next few years and not touch her SS.  That reduction that she would have by taking early retirement is permanent and will end up costing her a great deal.  Also, despite his words, Sumit's eyes and body language give him away as being shady af and continuing to lie.  Wake up, Jenny!

• Love 12

I, too, am hoping that Kenny and Armando's story turns out great.  I found myself feeling so emotional while Armando was talking to his sister and recalling the last time that he came out.  He's had to live a lie, as a sacrifice for his family, and now his sister said that he was being unfair by showing a different persona (not by his own choice!)  I'm glad she seems to be coming around, though.  I don't know if his parents will take it so well- at least in the beginning.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 6/8/2020 at 8:12 PM, Adeejay said:

The fact that Jenny's monthly social security is only $625, tells me that she hasn't been in the work force very long.

And what 61-year-old only has a $6,000 401(k)? Sounds like she was a housewife who didn't enter the workforce until her mid-50s. She also is making one horrible decision after another. Does she not understand that this 30% cut in SS benefits (for beginning them at her age) will dog her for the rest of her life?

On 6/9/2020 at 4:46 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Brittany is a silly, shallow, self centered piece of work. She doesn't seem to be very thoughtful. She claims to love a Muslim man, but changes the subject every time he so much as mentions Islam, because she's "not interested"? Does she really think she can just overlook it? Its not like he's "culturally" Muslim but not practicing. He's clearly observant and devout. What's her endgame?

Yazan is being very honest about what he and his family will want and expect. Brittany is saying "Yeah yeah yeah, I'll just do what I want and he'll have to deal with it." This will be the dumpster fire to end all dumpster fires.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:12 PM, FurBabyMama said:

I’m really curious about Armando and how he has such good English. Did he live in Mexico his entire life? He had no accent when he spoke English, and maybe this is judgy but his family from what I saw didn’t seem to be so well off that they would have been sent to international schools. Not sure why this bugs me, but I really want to know how he learned to speak so well. 

Kids who start learning a foreign language when they're in their grade school years or younger can learn to speak that language without an accent: examples would be Gloria Estefan or Gene Simmons (or Jodie Foster the other way: I understand her French could pass for native). If you start when you're in your early teens, you'll have a small but noticeable accent: an example would be Varya. If you start when you're an adult, you will never sound like a native speaker: examples would be Desi Arnaz or Henry Kissinger. Each language has some unique sounds and your brain will simply not be able to tell your tongue and lips how to make those sounds.

On 6/10/2020 at 6:52 AM, wovenloaf said:

...and then forgetting she was married to him at all.  Ok.  

This can easily happen when you're dumber than a box of hair. She's Jenny 2.0 in a lot of ways.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

This can easily happen when you're dumber than a box of hair. She's Jenny 2.0 in a lot of ways.

She may be Jenny, but Yazan is no Sumit.  He's been honest.  Why is it so difficult for these people to say the divorce isn't final yet, but they're working on it?  Same deal with who's her face with the mach greasy dude.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Does she not understand that this 30% cut in SS benefits (for beginning them at her age) will dog her for the rest of her life?

There are some rational reasons to take early SS.  If someone is laid off in their late 50s or early 60s sometimes it’s basically impossible to get hired anywhere and they need the money just to get by.  And some people have medical issues (or family medical histories that strongly suggest) that they will not live long and if they wait until full retirement age they will get little or nothing after paying in for years.  But yeah Jenny quit her job and has not mentioned medical issues.

• Love 7

Watching Kenny and Armando, this was the conversation at my house:

Me: What channel is this? How come this guy has a healthy, loving family?
Mr. IvySpice: And he has a job! And a home!
Me: And a rational plan!
Mr. IvySpice: And he wants to marry this guy who's a grown adult with an education and a business? Are you sure this is the same show you're always making me watch?

If they trainwreck themselves, so be it -- relationships are hard, cross-cultural relationships harder, moving to a new city with a new partner while you're newly out and grieving the mother of your child super hard. But I really hope TLC doesn't push these two onto the tracks. What we saw this week was beautiful, and their story could potentially help a lot of families.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Kangatush said:

She may be Jenny, but Yazan is no Sumit.  He's been honest.  Why is it so difficult for these people to say the divorce isn't final yet, but they're working on it?  Same deal with who's her face with the mach greasy dude.

Yazan and Summit are definitely different. I was thinking more in terms of Brittany making horrible decisions and Jenny being Brittany 35 years later: her life in shambles because of those bad decisions, and she continues to make her situation even worse.

3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

And some people have medical issues (or family medical histories that strongly suggest) that they will not live long and if they wait until full retirement age they will get little or nothing after paying in for years.  But yeah Jenny quit her job and has not mentioned medical issues.

Oh, I agree. My grandfather retired at 60 from his railroad job as an Engineer with Southern Pacific and took early retirement even though it cost him $$$ (at the time, railroad employees didn't get Social Security per se, but rather it was combined into their railroad pension). His health was so bad that he didn't think he'd make it to 65 and wanted to enjoy a least a couple of years of retirement. As it turns out, it was working on the railroad itself that was making him sick. Once he was retired, his health suddenly improved and he lived a long, happy retirement until he passed away a couple of years ago at the age of 102.

Jenny, on the other hand, does not appear to have obvious health problems or another reason why she can't work another few years, THEN take her full Social Security. I understand Walmart is always hiring.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Yazan is being very honest about what he and his family will want and expect. Brittany is saying "Yeah yeah yeah, I'll just do what I want and he'll have to deal with it." This will be the dumpster fire to end all dumpster fires.

We've already had a glimpse of her first (of, I predict many) "I'm sorry I'm not Muslim!" meltdown in the preview for this week. I have to admit I didn't even recognize her with her hair covered and was trying to figure out if this was a new "contestant" we would be meeting soon. 

when will we see the "I'm sorry I forgot I got married" meltdown?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

I understand Walmart is always hiring.

She could be the most low energy, morose greeter in Wally World history, droning "Hi, welcome to Walmart" while appearing to be on the verge of tears. But seriously, she must be able to do some kind of work and not just mooch off her daughter. It's like a reverse "failure to launch." 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/9/2020 at 7:01 PM, LadyoftheLake23 said:

I

Same goes for Ariela and her guy. Now, I've never been pregnant so I may be off here, but what pregnant woman in her right frickin' mind voluntarily goes from the US to a third world country to give birth?? I mean, I know we have higher maternal and infant mortality rates here than we should given our medical systems, but that's going from the frying pan into the fire. And a cold frying pan at that! Something tells me she'll take a look at the hospital or birthing situation in Ethiopia and run back here like Tiffany. Still, I look forward a bit to their story because it's a new country. Could be interesting from that standpoint. Also, to whomever mention her Star of David necklace - I think Ethiopia is mixed when it comes to religions. There are Jews there and also Christians (more to the north I think) so it may be okay although I believe there is still persecution so take that for what it's worth. It could be he's also Jewish and lives in the more Jewish area?  

Definitely not an expert BUT- yes there were/are Ethiopian Jews,.... The vast majority have emigrated to Israel. There was a fascinating event- called Operation  Moses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Moses this was in the mid 80's.... then there have been some additional operations. There are still some Jews left in Ethiopia, but as someone else pointed out, it's not a comfy place for them and most are seeking to leave. Wearing a Star of David is not a good move there. I was curious and thought potentially her honey might be Jewish but I thought I saw him wearing a cross. Anyway, he is not Jewish.

Edited by mayvenne
  • Love 3