Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Home Is Where the Heart Is/S02.E02: The Truth Will Set You Free

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I just cannot believe Jenny would continue to pursue a relationship with a man she has to police and talk to like a child.  Obviously there is very little trust, so how can the relationship  survive?  I was a bit confused when she said she would be going back to India for the third time, I guess I missed something. I only know here being there, then being chase out by the angry family mob.  I see we have another set of goofballs in Summit's friends.  For me the jury is still out on the other couples as they are new.  Next week we some Jihoon and Deavan which interests me.

IIRC, Jenny went there for a period of time before appearing on the first season of this show.  I think Sumbitch's family objected vehemently to her, so that's probably why they (supposedly) pushed him into the arranged marriage.  He just took his relationship with dimwit Jenny off the radar after that visit.  

A lot of these story lines bleed together in my brain, so maybe I'm confusing their fuckery with another couple, but I'm pretty sure Jenny had visited Sumbitch once prior to joining this freak show.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, kendi said:

Me, too! And I really, really like Armando! Poor guy has been through so much and he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. I'm rooting for this couple and TLC better not try to add their little curve balls. They're giving us two people are are smart and supportive and have the means to work and make money. I want to see this couple live a real happily ever after!

I love Armando, too!!  I’m with you.  I hope they make it.

• Love 7

Brittany seems truly lost. It's like she needs constant male validation to feel accepted or even loved. Poor thing really thinks that she can handle life in Jordan, when she's used to being pampered by rich older men. That clenched teeth smile was really her dad saying "girl don't make me smack some sense into you." 

Did that one man say he was 57? Sir I need a written affidavit from the delivering doctor.  That man looks at least 37. Hell he looks better than Baby Girl Lisa who is a whole 4-5 years younger. This season seems to have some delusional people .

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
On 6/3/2020 at 8:13 AM, AZChristian said:

I've decided not to form any opinions about anyone on any of the 90-Day shows until at least halfway into the season.  TLC has pulled its last switcheroo on me regarding the true personalities of their participants on these shows.

You could not possibly be referring to Varya, could you???😂

• LOL 4
(edited)

Jenny, why are you so stupid? Yes, the heart wants what it wants. Sumit lied to you and pretended to be someone else, you still fell for the catfish. This is at least your third visit to India. If you had a few million dollars, good for you. You don’t.  I wouldn’t be booking a plane ticket until I saw the final divorce papers. Your daughter will probably take you in again when this blows up.

Brittany, you are a beautiful woman. Hope you have done some research as to what life is like in Jordan. Yazan works at a fish market and it may not be your best aquarium. You may have issues with the Muslim culture and religion, you will find a major culture shock, you may have some challenges as an African American woman. And of course you have an ex husband that is who knows where that you have forgotten about.

Ariela, stay another couple months in the US, have your baby, and then make some plans to go to Ethiopia. Don’t think you have a clue what you are heading in to. Your life now is pretty good and you have everything you want. Your dude may like life where he is.  No idea if this will work out.

Kenny and Armando. Kenny looks very good for his age. They at least met in an organic way and not on some App. Armando is only coming into his own as a gay man and has a bit of growing up to do. They seem normal-ish and real and wonder how many shoes will drop.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Kid said:

You could not possibly be referring to Varya, could you???😂

And Ed and David/Annie and Robert/Anny and Avery and and and.

There are some I was right from the get-go:  Ash, Stephanie, David, Lana.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Does this chick that’s “in love“ with the Jordanian have any idea what she’s getting into???  Any idea at all???   I just don’t get it.  She is very pretty, she is athletic, and she seems to have a wonderful father. She couldn’t find love with someone with whom she has something in common??  She will never make it in his culture.  Not only will that culture not accept her “independence,” her behavior could literally get her killed and he will be shamed.  He will not defy his parents for her!

Edited by Kid
  • Love 13
(edited)

Look closely at Ariela's upper arms.  

Maybe someone who knows how to do this better than I, can screenshot.

It looks like she has self-cut marks all along her upper arms.

In most cases, she's wearing long sleeves, but there were a few instances where I froze my screen.  She has tattoos, but there are definite signs of self-cutting marks.  

Horizontal scars about 2 inches long, running all along her upper arms.  It's much more visible in High Def.

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 1
56 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I just cannot believe Jenny would continue to pursue a relationship with a man she has to police and talk to like a child.  Obviously there is very little trust, so how can the relationship  survive?  I was a bit confused when she said she would be going back to India for the third time, I guess I missed something. I only know here being there, then being chase out by the angry family mob.  I see we have another set of goofballs in Summit's friends.  For me the jury is still out on the other couples as they are new.  Next week we some Jihoon and Deavan which interests me.

Jenny went to India the first time to meet Sumit in person several years ago- on a tourist visa and stayed for over a month. That’s the first time she’s referring to. 

• Love 2

I remember why I said I wasn't going to watch this any  more after last year's Tell Nothing, Sumit is a spineless liar and Jenny is a juvenile idiot.  Why would she even book a plane ticket before seeing finalized divorce papers, and she knows his parents will not accept her so pushing to talk to them is pointless.  But then she can be as spineless as he is when it comes to backing up her threats.

So far I am finding some of the others interesting so I'll keep watching for now.  "I forgot I was married" is priceless!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

.  I see we have another set of goofballs in Summit's friends.

Actually, they seem to have a good grasp of reality.  He would be wise to listen.

• Love 13
(edited)
6 hours ago, Christina said:

The fact she continues to ignore his lies makes it impossible for me to sympathize with her. She called him out on lying about the divorce hearing and he sputters something about mistaking the court hearing when it's the one from his wife saying he was bad to her. He cheated with an old white woman on television, ffs. Damn woman, buy a clue. At least she doesn't have much money to lose to him.

Jenny gave up her job, car, house (apartment?), 401K savings, wardrobe, "everything" to be with the man she loves.  She's "Back in the USA," with nothing.  Has to sleep on a daughter's sofa.  What impressed me?  SHE HAS A FINANCIAL ADVISOR !!!  

Edited by Kayz Opinion
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I wondered about this very thing as well.  I would think call center jobs would be prolific in his part of the world.  Of course, another thing the asshole lied (by omission) about to Jenny was that he had quit his job as soon as she arrived during the last season. 

He also claimed to Jenny that he told his parents he had left home to take another call center job in a more distant town when all the time he was regularly going home to his family and only seeing his "side kick" (still cracks me up) when I guess his parents thought he was still going to his original job? 

Oh what a tangled web...

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, magemaud said:

He also claimed to Jenny that he told his parents he had left home to take another call center job in a more distant town when all the time he was regularly going home to his family and only seeing his "side kick" (still cracks me up) when I guess his parents thought he was still going to his original job? 

Oh what a tangled web...

I had to call a customer service line the other day, and the gentleman had a middle-Eastern accent.  Got off the phone and said, "Sumit says they'll send the replacement part out right away."  

• LOL 20
1 hour ago, Kid said:

Actually, they seem to have a good grasp of reality.  He would be wise to listen.

I think all the supposed goofballs as they were dubbed make a lot of sense.  

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I had to call a customer service line the other day, and the gentleman had a middle-Eastern accent.  Got off the phone and said, "Sumit says they'll send the replacement part out right away."  

During Jenny and Sumit's season, I actually spoke to someone who said his name was "Sumeet" on some type of a service call. I was SO tempted to ask, "How's Jenny?" but I lost my nerve. 

• LOL 17
4 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Even 16 hours later, Brittany’s sugar daddies “really liking the braces” continues to nauseate me.

I can't decide which new "contestant" I dislike more. Not-Interested-In-Islam-Brittany with her braces comment or MY-Birth-Plan-Is-Interesting-Ariela with her "everybody likes me and why not?" News flash, Ariela, not everybody likes you, you self-absorbed twit. 

• Love 15

What a crew. I do think that Ariela is the most helpless of them all. Father is an MD, Mom is a nurse, and she is going to have her baby in a 3rd world country. And might I add, to my amazement, no one has commented on her Star of David? 

I am Jewish and I do wear a Star of David-------but heading to Ethiopia I would likely remove it or tuck it in. 

Then again, common sense lady. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Brittany’s first husband is Jordanian and Was lost to Isis?

No, he was deported by ICE (I forget where he was from) and afterwards she conveniently forgot she had just gotten married to him. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

No, he was deported by ICE (I forget where he was from) and afterwards she conveniently forgot she had just gotten married to him. 

I think it was Jamaican . . . which sounds a lot like Jordanian when you're trying to talk past braces.

UPDATE:  @Pepper Mostly is much younger than I, and correctly remembered that the ex Mr. Brittany was Haitian.

Edited by AZChristian
I'm old and can't remember s**t.
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Captioning will definitely be needed for Britt’s mush mouthed segments.

TLC Obviously not worried that Britt’s ignorance of Islamic rules for a horny Islamic dude may Put the both of them in danger for flouting Religious laws? 
More stupidity being rewarded? Or no biggie?

Britt is a liar by omission...Not mentioning she is currently married, not mentioning she dates older guys  as their “sugar baby“ for hire, not knowing Islamic rules of conduct and not even trying to learn how to respectfully act and dress as a guest in their country. She could have called Avery who learned how to present herself as a woman respecting Islamic dress and behaviors in public.

Britt wanting to stay with Yazan was not going to fly with his dad, duh.....

Areola will be back in the US with the baby, her 49 year old Penis Cleavage doesn’t want to deal with a dim bulb like her.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3

I there with you all on the Kenneth and Armando love...but as I was watching and thinking about how much I liked them and wanted everything to work out for them, I suddenly remembered I liked Ed too for the first few episodes (basically until he got the the Philippines and started the nastiness toward Rose) so I'll take a cautiously optimistic approach. And ITA that Kenny looks waaay younger than 57!

Brittney and Yazan, well, after the first few minutes I saw the trainwreck coming. A young, shapely female rapper who wants nothing to do with Islam going to an Islamic country to marry an observant Muslim? Oh yeah, she'll be like BGL or Rebecca  - all "I'm an American woman, no one can tell me what to do!" when he asks her to cover up per Islamic norms (that may be dangeous to ignore in that country). Something tells me we're going to be eyerolling hard with them.

Same goes for Ariela and her guy. Now, I've never been pregnant so I may be off here, but what pregnant woman in her right frickin' mind voluntarily goes from the US to a third world country to give birth?? I mean, I know we have higher maternal and infant mortality rates here than we should given our medical systems, but that's going from the frying pan into the fire. And a cold frying pan at that! Something tells me she'll take a look at the hospital or birthing situation in Ethiopia and run back here like Tiffany. Still, I look forward a bit to their story because it's a new country. Could be interesting from that standpoint. Also, to whomever mention her Star of David necklace - I think Ethiopia is mixed when it comes to religions. There are Jews there and also Christians (more to the north I think) so it may be okay although I believe there is still persecution so take that for what it's worth. It could be he's also Jewish and lives in the more Jewish area?  

And now Jenny and Sumbitch. Anyone else think this is going to be a replay of last season? I too think he's lying about the divorce. He can't pony up the money so it isn't going to happen and he doesn't want to tell Jenny. And yeah, he totally just went and stood on the other side of the wall for a few minutes to make her believe he actually went and asked his parents. (Have to confess I didn't think of it at the time, but on Pillow Talk Robert called him out for it and I had to agree...and I really don't like agreeing with Robert on anything!) Also noticed bada** daughter-in-law still looks like she'd cut a dude for messing with her wife or MIL, so I'm in for her!

Looking forward to Devan and Jihoon if only for the baby and because it looks like we'll get to see a little of what happened there during the pandemic, which will be interesting. 

Finally, I just have to say that this group seemed like a breath of fresh air compared to the B90D group we just had to endure. We'll see if that feeling lasts!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Ok. Finally saw this. Let's talk trainwrecks: 

Brittany and Yazan: Brittany should stick to being a sugar baby. She's totally high maintenance and Yazan is probably looking for some woman who is low maintenance. The fact that she claims she forgot about her husband shows how many brain cells this chick is working with. She coming back.

Kenneth and Armando: Damn Kenneth is the best thing that has come on this reality crap in AGES. I like these guys and I am rooting for them but the person most likely to sabotage this relationship is Armando. First, he seems like he dislikes the fact he is gay or that he is self loathing. Second, his sister makes it more difficult. Her little speech of how he never showed his true face in the first place was very puzzling. Not many people come out to their family from when they realize they are gay. Some even marry to hide the fact. Grow up girl.  I see Kenneth possibly coming back and bringing Armando with him.

Ariela and Biniyam: I just cannot with this girl. Another air head.  Like Brittany she will be back to mommy and daddy's house asap!)

Jenny and Sumit: Another round of droopy dog and the married man. Either these two are scamming us and TLC for the cash or Jenny is that stupid. Jenny continues to talk to Somemeat as she would talk to a 5 year old.  She obviously doesn't trust him (I need to see the divorce papers, let me talk to your parents,etc).  Somemeat's friends are sensible people and giving him sound advice.  I really wonder what's Sommeat's angle. I know he didn't want his wife but seriously he could have chosen another young girl from his city instead of droopy dog.  Jenny's daughter should keep the sheets, pillow and blankies handy cause Jenny will be back on her couch. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, mayvenne said:

What a crew. I do think that Ariela is the most helpless of them all. Father is an MD, Mom is a nurse, and she is going to have her baby in a 3rd world country. And might I add, to my amazement, no one has commented on her Star of David? 

I am Jewish and I do wear a Star of David-------but heading to Ethiopia I would likely remove it or tuck it in. 

Then again, common sense lady. 

I am a Canadian that grew up in Libya.  They were very serious in their feelings about the Star of David and the Jewish people.  I've never seen anything like this in Canada.  Her religion is something that she will have to hide, for her own safety.

• Useful 8
1 hour ago, LadyoftheLake23 said:

And yeah, he totally just went and stood on the other side of the wall for a few minutes to make her believe he actually went and asked his parents.

I was convinced we'd never actually see Sumit's parents until they were in the previews for next week saying that they'd never approve of Jenny. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, spunky said:

Did that one man say he was 57? Sir I need a written affidavit from the delivering doctor. 

You’re so funny!! Those photos from the 1970s and 80s are evidence he’s not jiving us. The HAIR omg! And the clothes! I do like his mohawk now though, it really suits him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I’m really curious about Armando and how he has such good English. Did he live in Mexico his entire life? He had no accent when he spoke English, and maybe this is judgy but his family from what I saw didn’t seem to be so well off that they would have been sent to international schools. Not sure why this bugs me, but I really want to know how he learned to speak so well. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Armando’s sister also spoke English well.

Guessing the 2 or the whole family lived in US for years then came back to Mexico.

Amended for the posted answer:dual language school.

Yolanda needs help with her diction.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

You’re so funny!! Those photos from the 1970s and 80s are evidence he’s not jiving us. The HAIR omg! And the clothes! I do like his mohawk now though, it really suits him. 

Lol. I saw those pictures and all I could think was damn the 70’s and 80’s seemed like a lot of fun. I agree his mohawk really looks good on him.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Armando is only coming into his own as a gay man and has a bit of growing up to do.

Yeah it sounds like there may not be many options in his small town and Kenny may be his first same sex relationship,  if that is the case he may move on to someone closer to his own age and break Kenny’s heart.  Not too many folks end up with their first partner but maybe they can beat the odds.

• Love 2

Kenny does have to keep in mind that Armando is still testing things out - maybe he has had a couple of short term relationships - and is still exploring who he is. Kenny may just be a teacher for him and that not all relationships do last - they learn from each other - and then Armando may want something else. Or they may end up together.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

I’m really curious about Armando and how he has such good English. Did he live in Mexico his entire life? He had no accent when he spoke English, and maybe this is judgy but his family from what I saw didn’t seem to be so well off that they would have been sent to international schools. Not sure why this bugs me, but I really want to know how he learned to speak so well. 

He said he and his sisters attended a dual language school and watched a lot of American tv.  He has zero accent so it worked.

• Love 5
Just now, MrBuhBye said:

He said he and his sisters attended a dual language school and watched a lot of American tv.  He has zero accent so it worked.

Thanks! I must have missed that part. The joys of trying to watch while my teething 7 month old insisted on waking up every 20 minutes. 

• Love 3
(edited)

So if Jenny is so poor why hasn’t she been temping while moping on her daughter’s couch?  So if her SS is reduced by 30 percent it would have been 900 or 1000 per month if she waited until 66 or 67?  To be that low she either had low paying jobs or didn’t work many quarters.  

I never thought I would see the day but I think Ariela actually makes Tori Spelling look pretty by comparison.

4 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

Thanks! I must have missed that part. The joys of trying to watch while my teething 7 month old insisted on waking up every 20 minutes. 

It was in his first segment when he was at the dog business not when he talked to his sister. 

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 2

I know that everyone thinks that Kenneth is so perfect....but you  need to wonder  what happened between him and his former long term relationships...maybe issues not visible yet--😎

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TMI said:

I know that everyone thinks that Kenneth is so perfect....but you  need to wonder  what happened between him and his former long term relationships...maybe issues not visible yet--😎

Maybe he has bad taste in music.  

• LOL 3
47 minutes ago, TMI said:

No one is perfect. And it takes a certain type to want to be on a reality tv show. I do wonder what we will see with Kenneth, but lots of people break up with their long term relationships by 57. He said he had two long term between having his kids and now, that’s not a lot. 

Im more concerned that in “dating years” Armando is a TEENAGER. He was married to a woman for a while, they had a child and she died. How many men has he dated? Had sex with? Does he have a desire to “play the field” as his true self (he identifies as gay not bisexual) or does he just want help raising his daughter? Does he want to get married again? Has he even thought about this?

I can see this being a problem with Kenneth whos so much older and settled. He did all there was to do, raised kids, built a life, he might want something “calmer”. 

• Love 5
On 6/8/2020 at 8:32 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Brittany and Yazan are ..... puzzling to say the least. I just don't get it. 

Damn Jenny, what a blow you've been dealt! I can't imagine sleeping on your kid's couch was part of the plan. At least she stays active, she looks younger than Grangela AND BabySowLisa.

Didn’t Jenny live in her daughters apartment before she moved to India last season too?  Agree she not only looks better than Ang & Lisa she’s a heck of a lot nicer too. 

I don’t get Brittany & Yazzie either, she is exhausting.

• Love 6
On 5/30/2020 at 10:15 AM, Leilani said:

I like these couples, they seem more genuine then fakey mcfake Yolanda and cross eyed Ash and pleather David and fake bisexual Stephanie.

The 56 year old gay man looks great for his age and his grown invitro children all seem normal and happy.  Armonda is only 5 years older then his girls I think.

There is almost a decade between them- A is 31 and the girls are 22 or 23.

On 5/31/2020 at 7:06 AM, Neurochick said:

Her dad was smiling because he knows she's coming back in 5...4....3...2...1...BLAST OFF.

I think she's only doing this to get more YouTube followers.

Jenny & Sumit:  If their story is true and his family did what they did to a grown man; I'm sorry to be disrespectful but that's one fucked up culture. 

Kenneth, you are being scammed my dear.  He's the one giving up everything and why can't Armando move?  Don't get it.

Looks like Amy Lee 2.0 is back.

Armando is moving to another city. He's not coming to the US because he has a young daughter.

On 5/30/2020 at 10:25 AM, Leilani said:

Brittany did she say she was dating 85 year old men and now dating a foreign one younger then her? And the old guys like her braces makes me wonder if she was a sugar baby.

She 100% was

• Love 2
(edited)

Not much good to say about Ariela. Spoiled, wealthy, privileged.  Can't slink downstairs to work for her dad on time? The way he joked about it, I don't feel it was the first time. Eeeth-yope-ee-uuuhhhh. She loves saying it just to say it, and stand out, be different.  Attn seeker. Vocal fry. The poor baby. I mean. The priveledge in itself to be able to phone Eeeth-yopian hospitals repeatedly to have the birth you want. Good luck with that once you're stuck  there ! 

Verdict? Her parents can't coddle and save her overseas. I am sure they wanted a nice Jewish doctor for her maybe this is all rebellion. He is the furthest thing from a Jewish doctor. 

And WTF with both her and Britney on their 2nd foreign fiances? 

Britney makes a great sugar baby because her braces and demeanor are much younger than her years. She should stick w that job and tap into Palm Beach wealth. 

And I don't wanna go all Tinsley Mortimer on you Luann, but Britney? You're NOT from Palm Beach. I am guessing West Palm Beach.

Ditto what everyone thinks about Devean the white witch, the gay couple (57!!??) and Jenny who needs a chin implant and smaller glasses. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
Typos!
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Takitaki said:

There is almost a decade between them- A is 31 and the girls are 22 or 23.

Armando is moving to another city. He's not coming to the US because he has a young daughter.

Yes, but his older son is 26–so 5 years between them.