Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Home Is Where the Heart Is/S02.E02: The Truth Will Set You Free

• Start Topic

Brittany breaks the news to her father that she's moving to Jordan. Jenny tells her daughters she's going to India for the third time. Kenny sells his house to be with his love in Mexico. Ariela is sacrificing her privileged life to move to Ethiopia.

Brittany learns Yazan's family wants them married immediately, but she's hiding a big secret. Sumit's friends are concerned about Jenny's return. Ari's doctor is worried about her giving birth in Ethiopia. Armando has to come clean to his family.

Premieres June 8, 2020.

*Early release on TLC.com.

(edited)

I like these couples, they seem more genuine then fakey mcfake Yolanda and cross eyed Ash and pleather David and fake bisexual Stephanie.

The 56 year old gay man looks great for his age and his grown invitro children all seem normal and happy.  Armonda is only 5 years older then his girls I think.

Edited by Leilani
  • Love 10

Brittany did she say she was dating 85 year old men and now dating a foreign one younger then her? And the old guys like her braces makes me wonder if she was a sugar baby.

• Love 21

I went through the whole thing upset because I thought Kenny was Michael from the Sandra episode of HOARDERS, and I was crushed that he'd left Eric...

And then I realized that the guy's name was Kenny and that sounds nothing like "Michael." Doh. Now I have to watch it again in a better mood.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I went through the whole thing upset because I thought Kenny was Michael from the Sandra episode of HOARDERS, and I was crushed that he'd left Eric...

And then I realized that the guy's name was Kenny and that sounds nothing like "Michael." Doh. Now I have to watch it again in a better mood.

He reminds me of Rick Bayless.

• Love 4
(edited)
21 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Brittany is a bit extra.

Her dad was smiling because he knows she's coming back in 5...4....3...2...1...BLAST OFF.

I think she's only doing this to get more YouTube followers.

Jenny & Sumit:  If their story is true and his family did what they did to a grown man; I'm sorry to be disrespectful but that's one fucked up culture. 

Kenneth, you are being scammed my dear.  He's the one giving up everything and why can't Armando move?  Don't get it.

Looks like Amy Lee 2.0 is back.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 11
On 5/29/2020 at 11:54 PM, kendi said:

Yeah, I only want to see Kenneth's story.

Me too. Ariela and Brittany are already coming across in a race with Tania for the most insufferable member of the cast, and Jenny's Romeo and Juliet portrayal of her relationship with Sumit got exhausting last season. I cannot find any sympathy for her if he continues to use her and definitely have no sympathy for either one of them about his WIFE not making the divorce easy on the lying cheater. I'm sure she doesn't want him any longer, either, but he is hardly entitled to be given a pass on his behavior by her.

On 5/30/2020 at 2:19 AM, mamadrama said:

Was that the one where the woman lost her huge mansion but continued to insist she owned it and was going to keep fighting in court? They were bending over backward to let her collect what she wanted from the home before they just shoveled it all to the dump and she didn't appreciate it a bit. 

• Love 9
On 6/2/2020 at 6:40 PM, Christina said:

Me too. Ariela and Brittany are already coming across in a race with Tania for the most insufferable member of the cast, and Jenny's Romeo and Juliet portrayal of her relationship with Sumit got exhausting last season. I cannot find any sympathy for her if he continues to use her and definitely have no sympathy for either one of them about his WIFE not making the divorce easy on the lying cheater. I'm sure she doesn't want him any longer, either, but he is hardly entitled to be given a pass on his behavior by her.

Was that the one where the woman lost her huge mansion but continued to insist she owned it and was going to keep fighting in court? They were bending over backward to let her collect what she wanted from the home before they just shoveled it all to the dump and she didn't appreciate it a bit. 

Yes, that was her:  She insisted that people were coming by and putting decorating samples and materials in her home, stuffing to the brim.

I only like Kenneth on the sneak peak - he seems solid so far.  He looks GREAT for 57!  We should hook him up with Jenny for a makeover.

Ariela and Brittany - help us dear Lord.  "Yeah me name is Ariela and I am 26 weeks along and I am having my baby in Ethiopia!!   Aren't I edgy and odd?"  You dad is a doctor and yet you are insisting on birthing in Ethiopia.

Brittany - you are a sassy rapper (what is with the rappers?) this is NEVER gonna work - you are a sassy independent woman (so you think yet you have had a lod of older gents to help you out) and you are moving to Jordan?  Good luck.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 6/4/2020 at 7:33 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:
On 6/2/2020 at 4:40 PM, Christina said:

Oh, no, that is not Jenny at all. That was some weird dowager in NC. Jenny is in CA and a bit younger.

• Love 1

I just started the episode but I contend Summit’s wife would gladly give him a divorce and go away if HE would give back the dowry her parents paid......but he spent it and doesn’t want to give it back!!!

Mexico does recognize same sex marriage (as a civil marriage), but I’m concerned Kenneth is going to get his heart broken. When he said he had triplet daughters I figured he and a surrogate/friend used IVF back in its somewhat early days. Kenneth seems so nice! I understand him being willing to move for love, his kids are all grown and capable of taking care of themselves, as a grandfather he’s not responsible for raising Cooper. (Although I get why his daughter feels abandoned, she’s been used to the help and she’s going to miss her dad).

Brittany was 100% a sugar baby (no judgment, she was an adult and wasn’t hurting anyone), but I don’t know how she’s going to deal in Jordan. Cultural differences aren’t just about clothes. Her fiancé seems very subdued and I don’t know if he’s going to find her personality entertaining 24/7. 

• Love 13
(edited)
On 6/4/2020 at 3:40 AM, Armchair Critic said:

But the fact she still was blubbering about Sumit's family showing up and acting like she was surprised he was married when she knew it before then (and I still think it's awfully convenient the alleged confrontation happened off camera). I just want to slap her simpering face with a fish. LOL

I'm wondering how much of the married to another woman, and getting a divorce is a lie also?  Sumit, and Jenny lied to all of us, and I bet it will turn out that their entire storyline is a lie. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually find out Sumit is married, has kids, and never left the wife.   I think he's a total liar. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm wondering how much of the married to another woman, and getting a divorce is a lie also?  Sumit, and Jenny lied to all of us, and I bet it will turn out that their entire storyline is a lie. 

That’s possible, but something tells me Summit is married. If he’s the eldest son he’s expected to be at that age, AND if you want to get a divorce paying back the dowry is required, and people being people his ass spent it. Something in Jenny’s eyes last season felt real at Summit’s betrayal. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Ucross said:

Oh, no, that is not Jenny at all. That was some weird dowager in NC. Jenny is in CA and a bit younger.

I think we had a misunderstanding:  I realize Jenny is in SoCal and was not on Hoarders, the weird woman was in NC.  I looked up her home and wow....those two guys really made that house gorgeous!

Per Brittany:  A western woman is not expected to cover her hair, but when meeting the parents, tuck the girls in!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Apologies in advance for not remembering some of these people's names yet.  It always takes me 2-3 episodes before the names "stick."  

I agree that the gay couple is the only one that piqued my interest.  I'm assuming the one in Mexico doesn't want to leave because of his young daughter whereas the American has adult children.  They both seem quite likable...so far.  

The wanna be rapper already has my teeth on edge with her voice, and bless her heart because so far she seems to have the IQ of a marble.  I just hope TLC hasn't found a Chantal 2.0.  

The one with the cardiologist dad?  I'm side eyeing her and wondering if she's got an escape plan to return to the US in 90 days a la Cold Shoulder Tiffany.  All drama, no substance.

Jenny and Sumbitch...their story line still seems wonky.  I realize Jenny is a dim bulb, but was she really so dumb as to book a flight, etc., before she saw copies of his divorce proceedings as she's now requesting?  Well, maybe she is just that dumb.  It appears her daughters have already pretty much checked out on her shenanigans; however, as I recall, they were all bark and no bite at Tell All time for this shit show last year, so maybe they just returned for the easy TLC income.  

Jihoon and Devan...I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.  I really wish they had appeared on the quarantine franchise, not because I missed them but because I wanted to see how they were coping in a tiny space with the demon spawn Drascila running wild.  

I'm sure I missed somebody but I'll make up for it after the full episode airs.  

Here's to hoping for an entertaining diversion with this season.  I hope you're all staying healthy and safe out there ❤️  

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

It appears her daughters have already pretty much checked out on her shenanigans; however, as I recall, they were all bark and no bite at Tell All time for this shit show last year, so maybe they just returned for the easy TLC income.  

The one daughter and her wife who seem to enjoy the TLC fame said something along the lines that they would only give Sumit one more chance, who are they kidding?

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

The one daughter and her wife who seem to enjoy the TLC fame said something along the lines that they would only give Sumit one more chance, who are they kidding?

Translation:  "One more paycheck."  😉

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm assuming the one in Mexico doesn't want to leave because of his young daughter whereas the American has adult children.  They both seem quite likable...so far.  

I wonder if people from Mexico have a harder time getting K1 visas under the current climate.  I think Fernanda is the only one I remember in all the seasons so far.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Jihoon and Devan...I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.  I really wish they had appeared on the quarantine franchise, not because I missed them but because I wanted to see how they were coping in a tiny space with the demon spawn Drascila running wild

If you are not averse to spoilers you might find answers on the couples thread.

• Love 3

I have a feeling that the $20,000 Sumit has to pay his in-laws is the return of his wife's dowry.  Based on the way his parents feel about Jenny, I doubt they will help him repay it.  The fact that Jenny's monthly social security is only $625, tells me that she hasn't been in the work force very long.

Ariela appears to have very supportive parents.  If she were my daughter, I would probably be tearing my hair out.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Kid said:

I really, really like Kenneth!!

Me, too! And I really, really like Armando! Poor guy has been through so much and he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. I'm rooting for this couple and TLC better not try to add their little curve balls. They're giving us two people are are smart and supportive and have the means to work and make money. I want to see this couple live a real happily ever after!

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I have a feeling that the $20,000 Sumit has to pay his in-laws is the return of his wife's dowry.  Based on the way his parents feel about Jenny, I doubt they will help him repay it.  The fact that Jenny's monthly social security is only $625, tells me that she hasn't been in the work force very long.

Ariela appears to have very supportive parents.  If she were my daughter, I would probably be tearing my hair out.  

No it’s not a feeling, you’re right. Of course Sumit has to pay back the dowry! If you want a divorce fine (even if people don’t like it) but you don’t get to be single AND keep the dowry. What’s he been smoking??? Lol

• Love 9

Brittany and Yazan are ..... puzzling to say the least. I just don't get it. 

Damn Jenny, what a blow you've been dealt! I can't imagine sleeping on your kid's couch was part of the plan. At least she stays active, she looks younger than Grangela AND BabySowLisa.

• Love 12
Just now, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Brittany and Yazan are ..... puzzling to say the least. I just don't get it. 

Damn Jenny, what a blow you've been dealt! I can't imagine sleeping on your kid's couch was part of the plan. At least she stays active, she looks younger than Grangela AND BabySowLisa.

Without the braces I do think Brittany is very pretty and has a great body (she’s stupid as fuck). Yazan is a nice looking young man (I do think he’d be hotter with some more body fat) If they were “normal” this would be a vacation fling/story/penpal type situation but I also think she wants to advance her “career”, and the show will bring her attention. 

The sad thing is Jenny isn’t a bad person. Like Darcy I think she has a good heart, but honey child no. If he really loved you he wouldnt have gotten married, and he certainly wouldn’t have allowed you to come to India and turn you into his mistress. 

• Love 13

Let me begin on a superficial level...Kenny does not look 57.  I would guess he was in his early 40's?  Anyway, what a wonderful man. A terrific father and grandfather.  It was nice to see a close & loving family dynamic. Armando and Kenny's story made me weep. I was really touched by their individual stories, in particular, Armando's struggle for acceptance for being a gay man. It was heartbreaking. I'm fairly jaded by the 90 day franchise, but this story touched me deeply. I was weeping along with them. The pain was real. 

Alternatively, I was a bit triggered to see Sumit, the Prince of Lies, again. Anytime he opens his mouth, it just seems like he's trying to keep his lies straight.  Dum Dum Jenny keeps forgiving him. I get that love makes people do stupid things, but she continues to be naive. Superficial note: Sumit's friends were hot. 

The lady with the baby on the way. Oooh, she needs to get with Devan and learn about birth control. I know accidents happen but her Dad's a doc, and her Mom's a nurse. You know they've given her the talk long ago. 

Brittney is going to struggle going to Jordan. She seems to be a free-spirit. If her first husband was controlling then how will it go down with Yazan? Also, how could she forget that she was  still legally married.  Ding dong, where is her mind? 

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

The lady with the baby on the way. Oooh, she needs to get with Devan and learn about birth control. I know accidents happen but her Dad's a doc, and her Mom's a nurse. You know they've given her the talk long ago. 

Ariela (I keep hearing "arreola") is damn lucky her mom is a nurse and went with her. She is really putting herself and the baby at risk. Why did she bother to go home for prenatal care just to leave at a critical time in her pregnancy? It's really maddening how these people never have a feasible long term plan, especially with children involved. Also, i wanted to hear her mother be stern with her, and try to talk sense into her. Instead, she shrugs and is resigned that Arreola is gonna do what she wants!

• Love 5
On 6/4/2020 at 10:33 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yeah me name is Ariela and I am 26 weeks along and I am having my baby in Ethiopia!!   Aren't I edgy and odd?"

“And everybody loves me and why shouldn’t they?” 

Maybe I missed this, but why doesn’t Sumit have a job? He quit his call center job to be with Jenny at least a year ago, he couldn’t find a way to earn money since then? 

• Love 8

I remember that I liked Jenny and Sumit at first. They seemed to genuinely care for each other. It didn't take too long before the story became Jenny creating a romanticized vision in her head of the two of them fighting against all odds to be together, like Romeo and Juliet. Now, I find them both annoying and nearing insufferable and only want to see them fall apart. The fact she continues to ignore his lies makes it impossible for me to sympathize with her. She called him out on lying about the divorce hearing and he sputters something about mistaking the court hearing when it's the one from his wife saying he was bad to her. He cheated with an old white woman on television, ffs. Damn woman, buy a clue. At least she doesn't have much money to lose to him.

Brittany is following Rebecca's storyline and Ariela is following Tiffany's. I fully expect that meltdown Ariela has in the previews to be her excuse for returning home to deliver their child. There is some background info on why Ariela went to Ethiopia instead of him coming here, but it came out awhile ago and there wasn't a couple's thread for them. If I remember, I'll try and find it after the threads are created.

Deavan pulled her kids from filming after Taeyung's birth because of negative comments about Drascilla, so I wonder if they are going to be shown this year. I'm guessing yes because there is no reason for them to be on the show just talking about the two of them. I can see Sharp telling her the fans only care to see Taeyung and Jihoon because they are the only two that are talked about positively online. Deavan creates drama and exaggerates everything so it's hard to take her word for Jihoon being a lazy man. He's been working and moved them into an apartment days after she arrived in SK, but the show made it look like they were living with his parents for the drama. She gets irritating quickly because she comes across as such a sourpuss 24/7.

If Kenneth and Armando turned out to be scammers I may be heart broken. They are the palate cleanser of the season and the only couple I actually care to see.

• Love 14

Forgetting that they're married seems to be a common problem with these folks. Sumit forgot he was married too. 

Moving to Mexico makes a certain amount of sense for Kenny--its probably cheaper to live there, and its probably not easy for anyone who wants to come to the US from Mexico these days. What does Kenny do for a living? Does he have one of those jobs where you can work from anywhere? 

Brittany is a silly, shallow, self centered piece of work. She doesn't seem to be very thoughtful. She claims to love a Muslim man, but changes the subject every time he so much as mentions Islam, because she's "not interested"? Does she really think she can just overlook it? Its not like he's "culturally" Muslim but not practicing. He's clearly observant and devout. What's her endgame? Sugar baby wannabe rapper and "model" surely does not want to live in an apartment in Amman next to the fish market. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22

Jenny, Jenny, Jenny - I just cant even with those two, not again.

Brittany - forgot she was married she will fit right in with some of the other 90 dayers.

Ariela - people like me why wouldn’t they. First episode and I can think of some reasons already!

High hopes for Armando and Kenneth they seem sweet.

Off to bug Kenneth to divulging his skin routine. Because 57, damn man, give us some hints!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

At least we get to see more of baby Taeyoung b/c he is a real cutie pie. 

Baby Taeyoung is SO PRECIOUS! I want to eat his cheeks.

I wonder what Devan will be complaining about this time, before she got with Jihoon wasn’t she living in her childhood bedroom with Drusilla? Did Jihoon lose his job or something?

• Love 2
On 5/30/2020 at 5:06 PM, Neurochick said:

Kenneth, you are being scammed my dear.  He's the one giving up everything and why can't Armando move?  Don't get it.

I hope he's not being scammed. He seems like such a decent man. He sold his house so he and Armando can live off the proceeds for a while. Why doesn't Armando have any money? Doesn't he have a job? My son lived in Mexico for a few years, it is true you can live much cheaper than the US. He had a big, beautiful house there that he could never afford here and the utilities are very inexpensive. He also enjoyed fresh produce and meat for a fraction of the cost of groceries here. I'm hoping for the best for Kenneth!

I've already lost my patience with Jenny. She has no job, living on her daughter's couch and spent all of her 401k the last time she moved to India but she can afford to go back with Summeat who apparently is still not working. If she was living with her daughter she should have at least saved some money from her pittance of a monthly social security check. I just can't do another round with this dumbass. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Kid said:

I really, really like Kenneth!!

I really like Armando, too.  

At the end of this episode, I was wishing TLC would have just given this couple and their children their own show.  Looks like plenty of genuine interpersonal family drama to keep a show afloat in the ratings without any of the usual manufactured shenanigans.  

Who else thinks Sumbitch just stepped out of camera range and never asked his parents if they'd come video chat with Jenny?  I want to see an x-ray of this cheating, lying asshole to determine if he even possesses a spine.  

So poor Brittany forgot she was married.  Maybe she should tie a string on her finger to remind her.  Pesky little details such as this are so terribly hard to remember, after all.  

Anyone else think Ariela's cardiologist daddy made a couple of phone calls to his colleagues in Ethiopia to make sure there was a supply of pain medications, blood/plasma on hand that matches Ariela's type, and lined up a top OB/GYN in Ethiopia for her in case she goes through with having her baby there?  I'm already thinking about what to make for dinner whilst her segments are on.  

Here's to a new season of snark-filled dumpster fires! 🥂

(Thank the goddesses it looks like I'm finally going back to work this week before this show steals any more of brain cells 😄 )  

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

Maybe I missed this, but why doesn’t Sumit have a job? He quit his call center job to be with Jenny at least a year ago, he couldn’t find a way to earn money since then? 

I wondered about this very thing as well.  I would think call center jobs would be prolific in his part of the world.  Of course, another thing the asshole lied (by omission) about to Jenny was that he had quit his job as soon as she arrived during the last season.  The sleazeball probably figured he could mooch off of his parents until Jenny dragged her dumb ass back.  I'll never understand how she can trust this dude on any level.  

• Love 9

Regarding Armando not moving, didn’t they say it was because of his daughter.   They didn’t mention his ex much, but she would have a say and if she doesn’t want her daughter leaving the country, it can’t happen.  Kenny’s kids are grown so it makes sense for him to move.  

And there is Brittany.  It is all well and good to push the boundaries in the US, but you are moving to a foreign country with different norms.  Your ignorance isn’t cute.  Any one with half a brain would be discussing the implications in detail before moving.  I am waiting for her to pull the “I’m an American, I have rights” card if things get tough.  

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Regarding Armando not moving, didn’t they say it was because of his daughter.   They didn’t mention his ex much, but she would have a say and if she doesn’t want her daughter leaving the country, it can’t happen.  Kenny’s kids are grown so it makes sense for him to move.  

And there is Brittany.  It is all well and good to push the boundaries in the US, but you are moving to a foreign country with different norms.  Your ignorance isn’t cute.  Any one with half a brain would be discussing the implications in detail before moving.  I am waiting for her to pull the “I’m an American, I have rights” card if things get tough.  

I thought the same at first, but then he said that his ex died in a car accident, so custody issues can’t be what is keeping him in Mexico. I’m assuming it’s more a combination of not wanting to completely uproot his young daughter and the COL being much cheaper for Kenny and Armando in Mexico.

ETA: I actually think Kenny and Armando have hit upon an elegant solution to the problem of one partner feeling like they have to uproot their whole life for the other. Yes, Kenny is moving countries, but Armando is also moving 4 hours away from his current home and leaving his business. The two of them get to start their life in a new place together.

Edited by Vandy10
Added some thoughts
  • Love 15

Brittany is a slow talker, just like Chantel.  And I can hear her breath whistling in her braces.  (Petty, party of one, that’s me.). Make it stop. Does she get her braces off before she moves? Oops guess not due to the preview.  
And “forgetting” she was married, ignore it and it will go away ?  She’s here for the social media followers.  
Love love love Kenny and Armando.  I said to my tv “Armando, I will be your mother.” He’s so broken but there’s so much light at the end of his tunnel.  TLC don’t mess this up. 

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Brittany is a young, beautiful, black American woman who believes that the entire world will change its cultural norms to accommodate her specialness.

Angela is an old, ugly, white American woman who believes that the entire world will change its cultural norms to accommodate her specialness.

Doesn't matter what the person LOOKS like - it's their attitude that's causing problems.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, Vandy10 said:

I thought the same at first, but then he said that his ex died in a car accident, so custody issues can’t be what is keeping him in Mexico. I’m assuming it’s more a combination of not wanting to completely uproot his young daughter and the COL being much cheaper for Kenny and Armando in Mexico.

ETA: I actually think Kenny and Armando have hit upon an elegant solution to the problem of one partner feeling like they have to uproot their whole life for the other. Yes, Kenny is moving countries, but Armando is also moving 4 hours away from his current home and leaving his business. The two of them get to start their life in a new place together.

I agree with you. Moving Hannah to a different country is a much bigger deal than 4hrs away- the extended family support system is still there. And yes the cost of living is much lower in Mexico than the USA. 

Also- is Kenny going to Mexico on their version of a K-1 visa? I ask because Kenneth and Armando haven’t spent that much time in person. They may be committing to making it work but has anyone talked “marriage”. If I was Armando moving four hours to see if building a life with Kenny is going to happen is a different thing than moving countries for someone who might not be my “forever”. 

• Love 2

I just cannot believe Jenny would continue to pursue a relationship with a man she has to police and talk to like a child.  Obviously there is very little trust, so how can the relationship  survive?  I was a bit confused when she said she would be going back to India for the third time, I guess I missed something. I only know here being there, then being chase out by the angry family mob.  I see we have another set of goofballs in Summit's friends.  For me the jury is still out on the other couples as they are new.  Next week we some Jihoon and Deavan which interests me.

• Love 4