Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Home Is Where the Heart Is/S02.E02: The Truth Will Set You Free

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I watched it a few times.  She said her doctor now believes it was coronavirus.   Has she had the antibody test?  Who knows. 

Wow that would make sense and be an intelligent thing to do- that way she could know if she was at less risk....and maybe even donate for others. Yolanda is a sweet lady, but that is too sophisticated a thought sequence for her so I am quite doubtful she has been tested.

(sorry Yo. you are sweet and kind ..............but_)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

She could be the most low energy, morose greeter in Wally World history, droning "Hi, welcome to Walmart" while appearing to be on the verge of tears. But seriously, she must be able to do some kind of work and not just mooch off her daughter. It's like a reverse "failure to launch." 

I don’t shop at Walmart but I read a while back that they eliminated greeters.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I don’t shop at Walmart but I read a while back that they eliminated greeters.

The Walmart in south Scottsdale still employs greeters. Even if her local store has eliminated greeters, she could find work elsewhere in that organization. From what I've been told, Walmart works you to death and the pay sucks, which means there are constant openings.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

The Walmart in south Scottsdale still employs greeters. Even if her local store has eliminated greeters, she could find work elsewhere in that organization. From what I've been told, Walmart works you to death and the pay sucks, which means there are constant openings.

We still have them in east Mesa, as well.  Of course, here in Arizona we have a LOT of potential greeters . . . especially in the winter when the snowbirds are here.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think it's so crazy to have a baby in Ethiopia if (1) you're low risk and (2) that's the only way to have the father present at the birth. Nobody ever died from lack of pain relief in labor. That said, this woman does not come across as the fearless adventurer type. Nor as an egalitarian who doesn't think she's entitled to anything better than what Ethiopian women get.

Edited by IvySpice
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Jenny wears her self-imposed disastrous financial situation like a badge of honor. "Well, I sacrificed everything and cashed out my retirement account- all $6k of it that I had accumulated at age 60- because of LOVE! I must take a reduced SS payment because, well, I've gotta live while I'm in India and I must go there because I'm IN LOVE and Sumit and I need to be together! I have NOTHING! [she says, rather proudly]- no home, no money, nothing!"   I give her daughter and DIL a lot of credit for letting her surf their couch for the past however long. And cheers to them for saying it won't happen again, when she undoubtedly will return again from India, tail between her legs, crying about the injustice of her life situation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I didn’t see last season, but just from the one episode, Jenny just frustrates me.  Like so many have said, she has made horrible decisions, financial and otherwise. She is 60.  Average life span for women in the US is around 80.   How is she going to survive financially for another 20 years, especially if/when it blows up again with Sumit?  

Her poor daughter needs to move without a forwarding address as soon as mom flies back to India.  

• Love 8

I was just really taken aback by the suggestion that gay relationships would be an issue in Mexico, it a lot of ways it is much more progressive than the US as far LGBT rights go, it actually came off as ridiculous prejudice.

Yeah, not everywhere is perfect in Mexico, but overall the US has a pretty appalling record on LGBT rights, even right now, I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in Mississippi. Puerto Vallarta is a world wide gay destination and Mexico City has a thriving gay village.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 6/10/2020 at 9:07 AM, monagatuna said:

A little food for thought, though--the universal truths of straight relationships have a lot less power in gay relationships. Possibly because imbalances of power tend along gender lines, and well, gay relationships don't have those. Age gaps are not uncommon and tend to have less power for the same reason. The expectations of men and women at certain ages are also starkly different, so ages matter less when you're with the same sex.

As I approach middle age as a man married to another man with my straight peers, it's really startling how different gay marriages seem to function compared to straight ones. There is so much gender baggage that just seem like pervasive baked in tension in hetrosexual relationships that just, don't have a gay relationship equivalent.

I especially see it with my sister-in-law, who is almost a clone of my husband in temperment, struggle with her stereotypical straight husband aloofness to household duties and emotional care, there just seems to be so much more agreeable give and take in gay relationships across the board, from household chores to sexual desires.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 6/5/2020 at 7:51 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I just started the episode but I contend Summit’s wife would gladly give him a divorce and go away if HE would give back the dowry her parents paid......but he spent it and doesn’t want to give it back!!!

Mexico does recognize same sex marriage (as a civil marriage), but I’m concerned Kenneth is going to get his heart broken. When he said he had triplet daughters I figured he and a surrogate/friend used IVF back in its somewhat early days. Kenneth seems so nice! I understand him being willing to move for love, his kids are all grown and capable of taking care of themselves, as a grandfather he’s not responsible for raising Cooper. (Although I get why his daughter feels abandoned, she’s been used to the help and she’s going to miss her dad).

Brittany was 100% a sugar baby (no judgment, she was an adult and wasn’t hurting anyone), but I don’t know how she’s going to deal in Jordan. Cultural differences aren’t just about clothes. Her fiancé seems very subdued and I don’t know if he’s going to find her personality entertaining 24/7. 

LOL, Brittany sure was a sugar baby and probably would be but is getting a little long in the tooth for all that. 

Sugar babies age in dog years.  

She didn't play her cards right.  The smart move is to get your sugar daddy to pay your rent while you squirrel away money to put towards a house or an education or something. 

She is aging out the sugar baby game and doesn't seem to have anything to show for it.  She lives with her dad and her dog and appears to twerk in public for a living.  

How long is she keeping those braces?  Are those just an aesthetic choice?  Her teeth look straight.  

Oh well, maybe she can sign to Blake's label. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 6/12/2020 at 10:15 AM, magemaud said:

She could be the most low energy, morose greeter in Wally World history, droning "Hi, welcome to Walmart" while appearing to be on the verge of tears. But seriously, she must be able to do some kind of work and not just mooch off her daughter. It's like a reverse "failure to launch." 

Jenny had no excuse for doing nothing.  

She is 61 and fit enough to workout, but she couldn't drive Uber or Lyft a couple hours a day?  Both of those services offer access to rental vehicles for their drivers to use.  

Jenny couldn't do shipt or instacart? She couldn't do GrubHub or caviar?  Jenny didn't work because she didn't want to work and because her children enable her.  

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, RealReality said:

She is 61 and fit enough to workout, but she couldn't drive Uber or Lyft a couple hours a day?  Both of those services offer access to rental vehicles for their drivers to use.  

Jenny couldn't do shipt or instacart? She couldn't do GrubHub or caviar?  Jenny didn't work because she didn't want to work and because her children enable her.  

Furthermore, if this was a real long term relationship, surely both parties would understand that taking social security early for it was FUCKING NUTS and figure out an alternative plan.

As someone with a career in public service I know that money does not equal happiness but being able to pay for food and housing goes a long way in not being fucking miserable. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, John M said:

Furthermore, if this was a real long term relationship, surely both parties would understand that taking social security early for it was FUCKING NUTS and figure out an alternative plan.

As someone with a career in public service I know that money does not equal happiness but being able to pay for food and housing goes a long way in not being fucking miserable. 

See, this is exactly what I mean about meaningful conversations about living arrangements, finances, children current and future, etc...why does it always seem the people trying to do the 90 thing are always an inch from bankruptcy or underemployed with roommates or couch surfing or living with parents?

What is wrong with these people?

• Love 4

Watching Summit during the video call where Jenny asked him to go get his parents is a classic example of "shifty eyes"!!  He looked off to the side and not at her several times.  It was sadly funny.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, lh25 said:

Watching Summit during the video call where Jenny asked him to go get his parents is a classic example of "shifty eyes"!!  He looked off to the side and not at her several times.  It was sadly funny.

If Jon Lovitz were still on SNL he could play Sumit in a skit.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

I think Armando is the most likable, sympathetic participant this franchise has ever had. I shed a few tears during his backstory. You could tell his conversation with his sister was genuine and not producer-driven.  Part of his attraction to Kenny was probably that he's raised four children to adulthood successfully as an openly gay man (partially?) on his own. I don't blame Armando for wanting that same stability for his daughter. And for once a massive age gap that doesn't feel creepy!!! Please leave them alone producers! Let the rest of this circus carry the shitshow this season.

• Love 12

I think Brittney is probably a fool, but credit where it's due, she didn't have an "oops" baby to keep some old man gravy train going.  

She could have easily been selfish and dragged a child into this situation and much respect that she didn't.  

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I think Armando is the most likable, sympathetic participant this franchise has ever had. I shed a few tears during his backstory. You could tell his conversation with his sister was genuine and not producer-driven.  Part of his attraction to Kenny was probably that he's raised four children to adulthood successfully as an openly gay man (partially?) on his own. I don't blame Armando for wanting that same stability for his daughter. And for once a massive age gap that doesn't feel creepy!!! Please leave them alone producers! Let the rest of this circus carry the shitshow this season.

I like armando and Kenny.  

I know the producers will probably break my heart and it'll turn out one of them stole their mothers refrigerator or has imprisoned lemurs in their basement....but I hope not. 

Maybe it's been discussed above, but I'm not sure why armando can't move to the US. 

His English is absolutely flawless.  Not good, not passable, but flawless.  

He has only the one daughter and while she'd have to adjust, she will have to go through an adjustment anyways since they are moving four hours away.  Sadly, there isn't another parent in the picture with custodial rights. 

Not sure about Florida, but over here people pay a bundle for pet services and I'd think that even now the US dollar would go further in Mexico so he could send money back to his family.  

Since same sex marriage is legal wouldn't the k1/spousal visa process be the same?  

Either way, I like them both, they both feel authentic.  

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Maybe it's been discussed above, but I'm not sure why armando can't move to the US. 

His English is absolutely flawless.  Not good, not passable, but flawless.  

He has only the one daughter and while she'd have to adjust, she will have to go through an adjustment anyways since they are moving four hours away.  Sadly, there isn't another parent in the picture with custodial rights. 

I wondered that too.  If there was a legal reason he couldn't, or it was just not wanting to take his daughter away from extended family.  Which he kind of is by moving several hours away.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, lh25 said:

I wondered that too.  If there was a legal reason he couldn't, or it was just not wanting to take his daughter away from extended family.  Which he kind of is by moving several hours away.

He is, but they can drive that several hours away if they're still in Mexico. If he moves to the US, imagine how many family members would not be able to get a tourist visa to come visit. Driving four hours away (I think that's the distance) is a short weekend trip. Visiting the US from Mexico on the regular is going to be significantly harder due to reasons I don't think I need to explain. That's IF Armando's motivation is the family connection. It could be any number of things, but I kind of see why they'd do it this way. Their money will stretch farther there, the kid is young enough to really benefit from that family connection, whereas Kenneth's kids are all grown (and it's probably easier for them to go visit Mexico than the other way around). It's not a choice I'd make because I don't fare well in hot weather, but I can see why he might want to do it. Just watch any episode of International House Hunters and you'll see lots of American retirees wanting to spend their later years in warmer climates that are 1) cheap and 2) interesting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Armando likely cannot just move into the USA because he wants to.  The process for immigrants to be allowed to move here permanently and legally includes waiting for a visa to be available in the category you have applied in.

I think this is part of the reason that there is a wait time for ALL of the 90-Day Fiance participants.  Even with the K-1 approval, there can be a wait until they move to the top of the "approved K-1 applicants from (country)" list.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I think under the current administration immigration from certain countries can be more challenging.  I hope that was delicate enough to avoid politics.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

Wasn't she employed by a resort when she was working? There must be plenty of minimally skilled jobs she could do, not necessarily working the front desk, but behind the scenes like food service or housekeeping. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Wasn't she employed by a resort when she was working? There must be plenty of minimally skilled jobs she could do, not necessarily working the front desk, but behind the scenes like food service or housekeeping. 

There has to be a desire to work. Seems like she has no interest in her own financial future since Sumit and TLC will provide. 

• Love 3
On 6/12/2020 at 1:52 PM, mayvenne said:

Definitely not an expert BUT- yes there were/are Ethiopian Jews,.... The vast majority have emigrated to Israel. There was a fascinating event- called Operation  Moses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Moses this was in the mid 80's.... then there have been some additional operations. There are still some Jews left in Ethiopia, but as someone else pointed out, it's not a comfy place for them and most are seeking to leave. Wearing a Star of David is not a good move there. I was curious and thought potentially her honey might be Jewish but I thought I saw him wearing a cross. Anyway, he is not Jewish.

Yes, I worked for the local Jewish Federation in the 90's, there was still fallout and it was very controversial! Some members of the local community were not supportive, others were all for welcoming Ethiopian Jews with open arms. Racism and colorism exist even in minority communities. 

23 hours ago, John M said:

I was just really taken aback by the suggestion that gay relationships would be an issue in Mexico, it a lot of ways it is much more progressive than the US as far LGBT rights go, it actually came off as ridiculous prejudice.

Yeah, not everywhere is perfect in Mexico, but overall the US has a pretty appalling record on LGBT rights, even right now, I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in Mississippi. Puerto Vallarta is a world wide gay destination and Mexico City has a thriving gay village.

Yes, my friend owned a gay bar in PV, it was very successful. He had previously owned a gay club in Los Angeles, he had FAR less trouble with local law enforcement in PV than he did in LA. He agreed that, while not perfect, he encountered much less prejudice in Mexico.  

15 hours ago, RealReality said:

She can't do those things! SHE GAVE UP HER CAR!! LOL.

7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Armando likely cannot just move into the USA because he wants to.  The process for immigrants to be allowed to move here permanently and legally includes waiting for a visa to be available in the category you have applied in.

I think this is part of the reason that there is a wait time for ALL of the 90-Day Fiance participants.  Even with the K-1 approval, there can be a wait until they move to the top of the "approved K-1 applicants from (country)" list.

I would imagine its a combination of factors. Immigration difficulty. Armando wants to stay closer to his family. He's newly out, it would be a lot to also take on moving to another country! Its probably a lot cheaper to live in Mexico, Kenny maybe has a job that allows him to work from anywhere. At his age, he's up for an adventure, his kids are grown, why not take the plunge? I wish them well. 

• Love 6

Jenny has absolutely lost her mind.  She meets a guy (was it on FB?  I can’t remember) who is cat fishing her.  She finds out he’s cat fishing her and her response is “Oh, that’s ok, I like you anyway.”  (Even though he was supposedly  tall, hot and British). Humongous lie #1.  She *cashes in her 401k* to go live with him, and he allows her to do this knowing he is married. Then he lies to his parents (and his wife) AND Jenny and just kind of floats back and forth, leaving Jenny for substantial periods of time in a country where she knows no one, doesn’t speak the language and doesn’t understand the culture.  Allows his family to come confront Jenny and drop the marriage bombshell on her.  Now she is going to take her SS money out early, with a penalty of 30% for life.  She is going to make less than a person on SSI.  I make more than twice what she does and it isn’t easy.  When she gets back she better pray her daughter takes her back in or she’ll end up in public housing. And she’s going back for more when the man’s family won’t even speak to her on a video call.  She needs an intervention, stat.  All for a lying liar who lies. How could she possibly expect him to ever tell her the truth about anything?

i don’t get these middle aged and higher women who all want to date a 30 year old. Have a fling, sure, but what would they even talk about?  Jenny doesn’t look bad at all for 60 and she should be able to find someone reasonably aged, in the US, and not a lying liar ego lies.  These post menopausal women have got to realize these 30 year old men are more than likely going to want to have kids one day. 

Anyway, I don’t get Jenny at all.  These aren’t small fibs he’s telling - they are massive lies. She seems to be a decent person.  She deserves better IMHO. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Sthrngypsy said:

Anyway, I don’t get Jenny at all.  These aren’t small fibs he’s telling - they are massive lies. She seems to be a decent person.  She deserves better IMHO. 

We teach people how to treat us.  She has accepted this sort of behavior from Sumit, this is how it will be.

• Love 11
(edited)

Angela will never change, from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds.

The bra strap showing will never end, me thinks she should not wear anything that has spaghetti straps, oy.

The house may be bigger but what a dump.

If this is their relationship before he steps foot on US soil I wonder how it will be when Michael actually gets here...how many domestic disturbance calls will be made by one of them or the neighbors.

Once again, we teach people how to treat us, Michael has accepted this behavior, this is how it will be, enjoy.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Love 3

So Andrei who has no job, is planning a wedding in Moldova (without telling Libby), in a month.  I guess Libby will be paying for this surprise wedding.  Andrei cannot take offense to anyone saying anything about Moldova because if it was so good why did he want to leave and please don't tell me because he could not find a job there because I am pretty sure that was okay with him.

Coltee and new girl, oh puh-leese, like that really happened.  

Kalani and Island Boy, oh puh-leese, he works in a yogurt shop at best part time (full time is usually for key holders/managers and we know he would not be a manager), gets out of the car and just walks in to the house leaving Kalani to get both kids in the house.  Her parents live them, try the other way around...Kalani sitting on the bed for the TH's is falling out of the top of her dress (it is not a good look), I wondered if the slow witted Island Boy has realized that condoms are not just for slut people, neither one of those two can afford the two kids they have, pretty sure they should not have baby number three.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Sthrngypsy said:

And she’s going back for more when the man’s family won’t even speak to her on a video call.  She needs an intervention, stat.  All for a lying liar who lies. How could she possibly expect him to ever tell her the truth about anything?

I don't get it either.  She's another one who says kind of the right things, that he'll have to prove he's not lying, but she still goes back even though he didn't.

I was cracking up during the scene with his friends, who clearly have his number.  Am I understanding it correctly, that his parents didn't actually make that first $10,000 payment, but more loaned him the money?  I thought I heard him say something about paying them back. 

And he really is turning his back on his family and culture.  Right now, they are in a Romeo and Juliet, us against the world phase.  I wonder how long this relationship will last if they get to a point where no one really cares if they are together.  And it sinks in what each gave up for "love:?

• Love 4

So Asuelo works in a yogurt store? I was trying to understand what his job was when he got in the car and Kalani asked how his day was    ...  ,...and he said something to the effect of I gave out chocolate samples. Here I thought he was giving out samples at Costco!

Also, Kalani's sister- do we think she might have had a nose job? I never noticed before, but her nose looked so narrow and so out of place on her face AND so not like anyone else in the family. Just curious.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Sthrngypsy said:

Jenny has absolutely lost her mind.  She meets a guy (was it on FB?  I can’t remember) who is cat fishing her.  She finds out he’s cat fishing her and her response is “Oh, that’s ok, I like you anyway.”  (Even though he was supposedly  tall, hot and British). Humongous lie #1.  She *cashes in her 401k* to go live with him, and he allows her to do this knowing he is married. Then he lies to his parents (and his wife) AND Jenny and just kind of floats back and forth, leaving Jenny for substantial periods of time in a country where she knows no one, doesn’t speak the language and doesn’t understand the culture.  Allows his family to come confront Jenny and drop the marriage bombshell on her.  Now she is going to take her SS money out early, with a penalty of 30% for life.  She is going to make less than a person on SSI.  I make more than twice what she does and it isn’t easy.  When she gets back she better pray her daughter takes her back in or she’ll end up in public housing. And she’s going back for more when the man’s family won’t even speak to her on a video call.  She needs an intervention, stat.  All for a lying liar who lies. How could she possibly expect him to ever tell her the truth about anything?

i don’t get these middle aged and higher women who all want to date a 30 year old. Have a fling, sure, but what would they even talk about?  Jenny doesn’t look bad at all for 60 and she should be able to find someone reasonably aged, in the US, and not a lying liar ego lies.  These post menopausal women have got to realize these 30 year old men are more than likely going to want to have kids one day. 

I was thinking the other day that Jenny always cries about how she can't start over again at her age!  

I think a lot of this is sunk cost fallacy.  

Which is particularly sad because had she cut and run when all this started she would have been in her mid to late 50s.  She wouldn't have been a spring chicken, but she would have been in a better position to rebuild what little she had and find someone nice, local and unmarried.  

Now she is a geriatric homewrecker who, it sounds like, is making a terrible financial decision if she is making less than she would on SSI. 

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

So Asuelo works in a yogurt store? I was trying to understand what his job was when he got in the car and Kalani asked how his day was    ...  ,...and he said something to the effect of I gave out chocolate samples. Here I thought he was giving out samples at Costco!

Also, Kalani's sister- do we think she might have had a nose job? I never noticed before, but her nose looked so narrow and so out of place on her face AND so not like anyone else in the family. Just curious.

There was a scene where he was trying to hand out tiny chocolate and vanilla samples and the customer declined.

On 6/14/2020 at 11:17 AM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I too like both Armando and Kenny and wish them the best.  They seem the most well adjusted and have the best chance of making it.   My fear is that they may be too well adjusted for the show and TLC won't air their story enough.  It will show 1 hour and 45 mins of everyone else's crap and just 10 or 15 mins of them =(  I watched the previews for the upcoming season and it seems a lot of scenes of everyone else going batsh!t and very few scenes of them.  =(  

The producers will leave them alone alright.  They won't show them at all because they aren't bringing the drama.  Or at least that's my opinion...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Dirtybubble said:

I too like both Armando and Kenny and wish them the best.  They seem the most well adjusted and have the best chance of making it.   My fear is that they may be too well adjusted for the show and TLC won't air their story enough.  It will show 1 hour and 45 mins of everyone else's crap and just 10 or 15 mins of them =(  I watched the previews for the upcoming season and it seems a lot of scenes of everyone else going batsh!t and very few scenes of them.  =(  

The producers will leave them alone alright.  They won't show them at all because they aren't bringing the drama.  Or at least that's my opinion...

I'd honestly prefer that they don't demean them as a couple, even if it means getting less time with them.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 6/14/2020 at 11:07 AM, MrBuhBye said:

If Jon Lovitz were still on SNL he could play Sumit in a skit.  

If you only knew how many times I've heard "yeah, that's it, that's the ticket!" in my mind when some 90-dayer or another is trying to answer questions by his/her "soulmate"!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 6/12/2020 at 10:52 AM, mayvenne said:

Definitely not an expert BUT- yes there were/are Ethiopian Jews,.... The vast majority have emigrated to Israel. There was a fascinating event- called Operation  Moses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Moses this was in the mid 80's.... then there have been some additional operations. There are still some Jews left in Ethiopia, but as someone else pointed out, it's not a comfy place for them and most are seeking to leave. Wearing a Star of David is not a good move there. I was curious and thought potentially her honey might be Jewish but I thought I saw him wearing a cross. Anyway, he is not Jewish.

Hey, guys, I just Googled "Biniyam" and got the following: "Derived from the Hebrew binyāmīn (son of the right hand)."  Maybe our girl Ari knows what she's doing!

15 hours ago, Sthrngypsy said:

As far as I’m concerned, Sumit is just as bad as Ed. Lying from the jump, doesn’t think it’s that big a deal, ruining people’s lives, continues to lie after being pleaded with to stop lying, and has no self-awareness whatsoever. Sick.

• Love 6
On 6/8/2020 at 10:44 PM, Barbara Please said:

Let me begin on a superficial level...Kenny does not look 57.  I would guess he was in his early 40's?

Yeah both me and my daughter were saying he looked like he could be in his late 30s.  The guy looked younger than me!  How does he do it?  Nothing about him says "plastic surgery".  He found the fountain of youth.

• Love 5

I hope things work out for Jenny. I would not even book a plane ticket to India until I saw the official, signed divorce papers. Sumit has told many many lies. His brother seems decent enough and has expressed the family concerns. If Jenny was 10 years younger, maybe. Hopefully her daughter will take her in again when all this goes belly-up.

Kenneth, what products do you use besides sunscreen? You are genetically blessed. Your kids will carry on without you. At least they can visit you in Mexico.

Ariela still comes across as naive and entitled. The dude in Ethiopia has one kid already and a very similar pattern - history repeating itself. Keep your options open. You have had several months to do an internet search on the customs and culture of Ethiopia, including religion. I still would have waited til I had the baby and then flown there.

Deaven, you are learning a tough lesson on getting knocked up by a semi stranger the night you meet him and then move all the way to South Korea without knowing him all that well, realizing you are footing the bill for all of you, and he really has no desire to get a job or look after the kid. He takes care of his puppy better. His barber/fortuneteller should have warned him to grow up and get a job or he might fall victim to some unfortunate circumstances.

Brittany, chug that wine. You may not be allowed to drink much of anything in Jordan. Her father picked a bad time to talk to her about life. Surely you can find some sort of inflatable wig holder. This has disaster written all over. Your 'fiance' will be your 'fiance' for a long time and he has women prospects in relatives. You are moving to a soap opera, where half the town is related in some way.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I hope things work out for Jenny. I would not even book a plane ticket to India until I saw the official, signed divorce papers. Sumit has told many many lies. His brother seems decent enough and has expressed the family concerns. If Jenny was 10 years younger, maybe. Hopefully her daughter will take her in again when all this goes belly-up.

Kenneth, what products do you use besides sunscreen? You are genetically blessed. Your kids will carry on without you. At least they can visit you in Mexico.

Ariela still comes across as naive and entitled. The dude in Ethiopia has one kid already and a very similar pattern - history repeating itself. Keep your options open. You have had several months to do an internet search on the customs and culture of Ethiopia, including religion. I still would have waited til I had the baby and then flown there.

Deaven, you are learning a tough lesson on getting knocked up by a semi stranger the night you meet him and then move all the way to South Korea without knowing him all that well, realizing you are footing the bill for all of you, and he really has no desire to get a job or look after the kid. He takes care of his puppy better. His barber/fortuneteller should have warned him to grow up and get a job or he might fall victim to some unfortunate circumstances.

Brittany, chug that wine. You may not be allowed to drink much of anything in Jordan. Her father picked a bad time to talk to her about life. Surely you can find some sort of inflatable wig holder. This has disaster written all over. Your 'fiance' will be your 'fiance' for a long time and he has women prospects in relatives. You are moving to a soap opera, where half the town is related in some way.

I think this is all about episode three so you might want to move it.

• Love 2
On 6/9/2020 at 10:30 AM, Meowwww said:

Brittany is a slow talker, just like Chantel.  And I can hear her breath whistling in her braces.  (Petty, party of one, that’s me.). Make it stop. Does she get her braces off before she moves? Oops guess not due to the preview.  

Your post made me think: Will Brittany have the money to get her braces removed in Ethiopa? Or will she have to wear them the rest of her life?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/12/2020 at 6:05 AM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

And what 61-year-old only has a $6,000 401(k)? Sounds like she was a housewife who didn't enter the workforce until her mid-50s. She also is making one horrible decision after another. Does she not understand that this 30% cut in SS benefits (for beginning them at her age) will dog her for the rest of her life?

Did they ever say anything about her first marriage? If she entered the workforce after he daughter was grown, that could explain her SS being low - but why doesn't she get alimony? Or, if her first husband died, I think she would be getting half of his SS amount.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

His brother seems decent enough and has expressed the family concerns.

I had to laugh at myself a bit during that.  Background, my mom was injured a couple of years ago, and I am doing most of what she needs while my brother doesn't pitch in.  So, I was side-eyeing the brother, thinking "yeah, you want him to take care of your parents so you don't have to".

Yes, I know that is their culture, and it was interesting to listen to from my perspective.

• Love 3