Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Dottie & Cynthia LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I just glanced up and saw the word "Dottie" on screen...just below the dog.

And now she's smokin' on the porch.

Have we even heard Chris actually say a word?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

Also, I call BS on her caring about Landon.  Notice that when she walks into any room, or even into the parking lot, she doesn't even look to see where Landon is?  That's a tell.  Good parents of 4-year-old kids keep an eye on them when walking into a parking lot.

That's exactly what I was thinking. She completely ignored him at Dr. Now's office. She's full of shit. She doesn't care one iota about him. He's a prop to her. 

• Love 7

Dottie can’t let her child watch tv for a few minutes while she fixes something healthy to eat or take the kid for a walk to get exercise? She could exercise or prep meals after he goes to bed. As a divorced (single) mom I call bullshit once again that these women are busy with their kids every minute.

• Love 17

Another I have to drop out of the program to raise my kids...she won't be around to raise her kids.

Should we let her know that COVID is around the corner and killing AfAms with a vengeance?!  She has nearly every comorbidity that would put her in the high risk category.  Asshole.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Wait. So her "priority" is Landon and ... she sends him away so his father can drink his ass off all day?

Sooooooooooo, this delusional heifer is quitting Dr. Now AGAIN!? Bitch please....... Don't let the door knob break bounce too hard off that still very ample ass of yours.

I would hope that Dr. Now never takes her back and there are no more WATNs for her but he's all about the second (and third and fourth) chances, sigh.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

My dream is to live in a tropical climate, but I married someone who can’t take the heat.  Unfortunately he who gets sick when he gets too hot controls the thermostat.  I wear down jackets in the house in the middle of summer, and go outside in the sun to warm up.  In winter I have the jackets PLUS layers of quilts.  

lol, I used to think I would like to live in a tropical climate...until I was in a tropical climate. My ethnic background is NW European, so it's baked in apparently. Ireland sounds nice :)

• Love 1
(edited)

I know I haven't been tracking too well, but didn't she tell Dr. Now she quit smoking cold turkey?

Edited by umgoblue
Because to is not too
  • Love 7
Just now, ams1001 said:

Do Cynthia and her kids do everything on her bed?

I didn't think they did in her episode.  I think one of the girls did the cooking but I thought it was in the kitchen,  Of course, I probably have confused them with another family.  

These are children she adopted as I recall so maybe she is less willing to try to change their habits than she would be with natural children.  Or else, she likes using them as an excuse.

Has this episode been on for 5 hours yet?  It seems to be dragging and it is not even 9;45.

• Love 5
Just now, umgoblue said:

I know I haven't been tracking to well, but didn't she tell Dr. Now she quit smoking cold turkey?

Yes, she did.

• Love 2
(edited)

So she quits Dr Now, quits her marriage, sends Landon away, and smokes and eats with abandon. She’s the villain of her life story.

Edited by Concerned
  • Love 10
Just now, peaceknit said:

lol, I used to think I would like to live in a tropical climate...until I was in a tropical climate. My ethnic background is NW European, so it's baked in apparently. Ireland sounds nice 🙂

It’s not.  (Well occasionally it is, right now they have better weather than here in New England).  No real summer and the winter days are horrifically dark though snow is rare.

• Useful 1
Just now, PrincessPurrsALot said:

When Dottie made that squeaky noise to call the dog I thought it was the sound of her butt wings getting pulled out of the chair.

Squeaky butt wings...a good name for a band

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
Just now, Twopper said:

These are children she adopted as I recall so maybe she is less willing to try to change their habits than she would be with natural children.  Or else, she likes using them as an excuse.

Has this episode been on for 5 hours yet?  It seems to be dragging and it is not even 9;45.

I think two are her natural kids and the other three were kids of her cousin, who she's adopted. 

And yes this episode has lasted at least a week already.

• Love 6

If the alcoholism is really that bad so that she had to send Landon to friends and she's actually considering leaving him, I actually do feel sorry for Dottie.   It ain't an easy decision.   As Dr Now with say, that's a bad situashun.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

90 days - Not again , is what I'd like the commercial to say.

I heard Ronnie the Gambler Drug Addict’s voice and Cold Shoulder Tiffany and have to agree with you.  They don’t need another show.

• Love 1
(edited)

I guess exposing the kid to second hand smoke in a motel room is better for him?     She doesn't want to fix her marriage.    So getting through with food, and smoking is helping Landon in what way?   

I bet you Chris has the replacement lined up already.   

So I wonder what happened since this was filmed? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
Just now, mk828 said:

The snark in here is top notch tonight! Thank you everyone, it is what I needed tonight.

Well, last week or the week before the show was so boring we went off topic on some subject which I don't recall-- maybe toilet paper or something--and there wasn't a lot of snarking.

I am now getting ads for the insta-pot that I suggested for Cynthia.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I realize that daddy is a drunk, but that kid is doomed with her alone because she will latch on to him even tighter.

And what about the adorable dog???  And there is an adorable cat!!

Edited by Kid
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

No she ate some cold turkey, with 2 jars of mayo. 😉

4 minutes ago, Kid said:

Yes, she did.

Y'all are supposed to wait until I correct my grammar before you quote, leaving it for the world to see! 😂😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

If the alcoholism is really that bad so that she had to send Landon to friends and she's actually considering leaving him, I actually do feel sorry for Dottie.   It ain't an easy decision.   As Dr Now with say, that's a bad situashun.

She’s so delusional about everything else but if he is drinking to the extent that she feels unsafe then she really does need to get away from him.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I guess exposing the kid to second hand smoke in a motel room is better for him?     She doesn't want to fix her marriage.    So getting through with food, and smoking is helping Landon in what way?   

I agree with most of that, but I don't know that she can "fix" a marriage with a drunk unless he sobers up.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

I think there are a lot of us who won't be going to the post office again. 

The post office?   did I miss something??  I do try to avoid it because the closest one to me has a really obnoxious clerk.  I get my stamps at Publix.