Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: First Impressions, True Confessions

• Start Topic

Kyle wraps shooting on her latest film and plans a Welcome Home party for all the ladies, including her newest friend Garcelle. Erika's singing lesson brings up a painful childhood memory. Teddi doesn't take kindly to Sutton's criticism. Denise's husband inadvertently bewilders Kyle's guests, while Lisa Rinna’s party game leads to hurt feelings, tears and a dramatic exit.

Airdate: 04/29/2020

Spoiler warning:  Please do not talk about future storylines that have not yet occurred on the show even if they have been discussed in the press.  (i.e. why Denise stopped filming.)

• Love 2

This is going to sound weird, but I like Kyle in a newsboy cap.  

For someone on reality TV, Erika’s singing voice is alright.  Someone laughed at Erika and it’s “in the back of [her] psyche” and “it never left.”  This explains so much about Erika Gerardi!  Snowflake.

All I could think of when Lisa met Teddi for iced tea is how she filmed a scene when she said gets high off iced tea when she first joined the show.  

Does anyone remember that classic movie Double Indemnity?  I was watching it during the quarantine, and one of the main characters meets a man from Medford, Oregon on a train, and this man winds up playing an integral role in solving a murder, because he is “a Medford man” and prides himself on telling the truth.  I can’t look at Lisa Rinna now without thinking she is “a Medford woman,” and it cracks me up.  Just me, I know it.  This is what I get for watching movies from the 40s.  

Mauricio needs to lay off the pot and put on some clothes, damn.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

I don’t understand what everyone’s problem is with Teddy. Plus, what a stupid game to play in the first place.

I hate Sutton.  I used to like Mauricio but not so much anymore.  I think I’m hating this season so far.

• Love 20

It is so funny how Kyle was visibly upset that Lisa had her outfit, and Erika was visibly upset that she didn’t have the bag Lisa, Dorit and Sutton had.  It reminds me of the movie American Psycho, when Patrick Bateman said he was on the verge of tears when he thought he was going to get a bad table at a restaurant.  

I thought everyone looked really nice at the party, just really fashion-forward and interesting to look at.  Even if some of it missed the mark, nobody was plain, and I appreciate that visual stimulation.  Dorit and Garcelle slayed.  Erika, don’t look now, but you’re talking about couture, which just isn’t done darling, it simply isn’t done, or so I thought.  

I watch this with my husband (bless his heart) and he asked if Sutton is going to be “the Camille” and I thought about it and I said, “that is an apt comparison!”

I feel like Teddi needs to take Erika’s advice from two reunions ago and—I’m paraphrasing—buck up or go home.  She displays her soft underbelly and expects kid glove treatment, when that’s not going to happen in this group.  As in many walks of life, you have to assert yourself and not to be afraid to get your bitch on if people aren’t treating you well.  I feel like it took Dorit a fraction of the time to pick this up that it’s taking Teddi.  Two seasons ago, LVP was her emotional support, last season it was Kyle, and this season she really needs to carry herself along or be gone.  How the hell would she handle herself on RHNYC?!?

The ass-kissing around the table was so phony.  It reminded me of that time that everyone went to a party at Yolanda’s house and they were gathered around the piano for David Foster to improv a song, and he was looking for suggestions and Kyle suggested “I love my life,” and like 12 rich people sat around a zillion dollar home in Malibu cabareting about loving their life.  Brandi was being the only inappropriate asshole at that party, and I felt like it was kind of needed at the time, and now I feel like Sutton is doing that job, except she’s not sloppy drunk.  I’m welcoming it.  

• Love 22

This is how checked out I am when watching this season (I watch with one eye on the TV, just so that I can keep listening to my favorite Bravo podcasts):

At Kyle's fashion show, I kept wondering why Rachel Zoe was there. And I was so happy to see that her weight issues were resolved - her face looked great with a little fullness.

End of Episode 3, I realize that it wasn't Rachel Zoe. It was Sutton.

Yipes.

(anyone else see the resemblance? or maybe I need to add "Make appt w/neurologist" on my things-I'll-do-if-I-ever-leave-the-house-again list)

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

Aaron sounded absolutely fucking crazy.  The look on the male guest’s face was priceless. Denise is also crazy for thinking organizations are after them.  What the fuck.  I mean, Men In Black, I don’t know what to say.  Aaron is so healthy, except he ordered triple Jack Daniels all last season, and he seems like he’s about 30 lbs overweight.  But he knows stuff about health that is so powerful that it’s dangerous!  I hope aliens come and take them away to their planet.  

I don’t think it’s hurtful for Sutton to say her first impression of Teddi might have been boring, because it was only a first impression.  I’ve had people tell me their first impression of me was that I was stupid, and I don’t mind, because they probably wouldn’t be honest with me if they still thought that.  And fuck em if they do still think that.  Sometimes, in many ways, I am stupid.  And probably also boring.  Big deal.  No one said Teddi was a sniper from the side or an alligator, for Chris sakes.  Last week on RHNYC, Dorinda cracked me up when she said she is tired of going to parties because she’s so bored with herself.  Very few people are not at least somewhat boring.  

But for Dorit and Kyle to say honesty is awesome, because that’s your truth, is rich. Those two, especially Kyle, would be on the floor sobbing if someone really came at them with “their” truth full stop.  PK would have to pick Dorit up and put her back together like Humpty Dumpty if anyone really told the truth about her to her face and they’d be on the first economy class British Airways flight back to London.  

Kill me, but I liked Sutton’s home and her cat.  I love seeing an animal on one of these shows that’s not a tiny dog.  

I don’t take Teddi’s business very seriously, so I don’t really care about her event.  Teddi is very toned and she looks great for someone who used to be over 200 lbs, but I don’t think she has that lean, lithe Pilates body that women in LA are vying for.  From the way she described her business as an accountability coach two seasons ago—someone who gives meal plans, to whom you text your meal plan and pictures of your meal, someone to meet with you and give you nutrition advice, someone to text and call you with encouragement—I think Teddi overcharges for a very basic service to which very many people have access, so I’m not interested in it on my TV.

Maybe if Teddi did something novel like moving people into her home for two weeks so that she can monitor all of their eating and personally guide them in their exercise routines 24/7 before slowly weaning them off to do it by themselves, I would be interested in that.  In fact, I think that would be really cool.  What she’s doing now Is done by dozens of young women in any university area.  You can trip on them.  If you want to pay a tiny fraction of Teddi’s price, hire a graduate student who is studying to become a nutritionist (they are in fabulous shape—better shape than Teddi).  I mean, much less than $100 a week, because they’re not licensed, but they get the job done.  They even give you some food and protein powder and stuff.  I will do it myself if I ever decide it’s time to listen to someone.  But it’s very Basic Bitch, not chi chi chi Beverly Hills at all.

I thought this episode was going to be so good, but it was boring.  Next week looks boring too, I’m sorry to say.  There’s just nothing going on.  

• Love 18

Rinna's such a bitch - think this is a producer suggestion to play this very stupid game of "first impressions"?  Or did Rinna think of this all by herself?  In any case, I still can't stand Rinna.  And Teddi thinks that being direct and truthful means she doesn't have to be tactful.

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Love 20

In real life I wouldn’t give Rinna or Sutton the time of day - two women so insecure they only feel halfway decent about themselves when they’re poking at others’ vulnerable places. Sutton has been nothing but nasty about Teddi’s pregnancy, something so precious. And of course Rinna goes after Kyle in reference to her sister, when those wounds might never heal. (preview)

These people never change. Word to the wise: When someone shows you their ass, you’ve seen enough of them.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 24

I thought Erika’s voice was awful. Hopefully she upped her game before getting to Broadway. The play, Chicago, must really be getting desperate if the producers are casting Real Housewives.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

I feel like we’ve had this conversation before with some other franchise, but if you are so big on manners etc then part of that is being graceful and making people around you feel comfortable.  Not bitching and moaning about NO PLACECARDS and making people be moved around for you to find a seat.  I mean, what?!  Enough.  

I'd love to see a dinner party manners showdown between Sutton and Countess Luann....I wonder who'd come out on top!  😂

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

OK, I really just don't understand this Teddi. Did she mean to say something that conveyed a sentiment like "I have to be there anyway because I have a job to do, but if you're interested, you all invited"? Instead she's coming off like she's annoyed that they are interested?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

This is going to sound weird, but I like Kyle in a newsboy cap.  

For someone on reality TV, Erika’s singing voice is alright.  Someone laughed at Erika and it’s “in the back of [her] psyche” and “it never left.”  This explains so much about Erika Gerardi!  Snowflake.

All I could think of when Lisa met Teddi for iced tea is how she filmed a scene when she said gets high off iced tea when she first joined the show.  

Does anyone remember that classic movie Double Indemnity?  I was watching it during the quarantine, and one of the main characters meets a man from Medford, Oregon on a train, and this man winds up playing an integral role in solving a murder, because he is “a Medford man” and prides himself on telling the truth.  I can’t look at Lisa Rinna now without thinking she is “a Medford woman,” and it cracks me up.  Just me, I know it.  This is what I get for watching movies from the 40s.  

Mauricio needs to lay off the pot and put on some clothes, damn.  

Just starting to watch, and so funny, I cannot stand those newsboy caps!  And Mauricio with chain/necklaces squicks  me out.  Maybe it’s a CA thing. 

Edited by Thumper
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Denise looked physicality uncomfortable at the dinner table. Do they only get paid for each appearance or what? She probably should have stayed home in bed and recuperated a bit longer.  And then to top it off her husband went all weird.  Should’ve stayed home, but maybe needed the money?

They’re going to have to come up with another puppygate or maybe they’re relying on Denise-gate to bring in ratings cuz it was dull y’all.

Where had Kyle been? Getting her face changed? I don’t keep up.

Off topic... years and years ago I paid good money to see Melanie Griffith in Chicago on Broadway.  😳 it was amateur.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I'll go with the positives first, since there are so few. I loved what we saw of Sutton's house, and her cat. I read that she has several, so am looking forward to seeing more of them as I am a cat person. I also thought she looked great in that blouse (loved it) and leggings. That is how she should dress for her shape - she looked so much slimmer than last week. The dress she wore to Kyle's party was just horrendous. 

Now to the dinner party. WTF was that? Sutton comes across as very insecure. I am not a baby person, but saying to Teddi what she did about her pregnancy was beyond rude. I am not sure how Teddi's pregnancy would be something that a part time howive would have to deal with. That was just obnoxious. 

Was Kyle trying to get Mauricio to sit beside her at the dinner? It appears as if he chose to sit as far away as possible. He also seems to be partaking (as Kyle would say) a lot, and it isn't a good look.

How in hell has Aaron managed to hide the crazy all this time? He also looks like hell. Maybe dealing with his wife's affair at this point? 

Sorry Garcelle, but if all you've got is asking questions on camera about howives' sex lives,  I hope you are a one and done. At this point I would take Sutton over Garcelle, as at least she has a gorgeous house and cats. 

• Love 16