Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Private Eyes

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I'm pretty sure Michael at some point said he was Christian. Angela brought his mother a "Lord's Prayer" purse. She couldn't have been that clueless about that being inappropriate for a Muslim, could she? 

Yes. Yes, she could.

• LOL 8
53 minutes ago, Gobi said:
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I'm pretty sure Michael at some point said he was Christian. Angela brought his mother a "Lord's Prayer" purse. She couldn't have been that clueless about that being inappropriate for a Muslim, could she? 

Yes. Yes, she could.

Sadly, you're right. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jackjill89 said:

What still makes me wonder... and I know it has been brought up... is what in the world couples like Lisa/Usman and Ed/Rose even talk about before meeting. Clearly, they have no common interests, hobbies, etc. How can they be in love? In love with what? In love with a person who tells them what they want to hear? In love with the idea of the relationship? I would be so interested to know what they talked about. 

I know that the whole wanting to get our of their current situation is a motivator to tell the person what they want to hear and that Ed and Lisa want someone who will feed their fragile egos, but I would love to know how in the world Lisa and Usman claim to be soulmates. 

Couples like Erika and Stephanie at least seem like they could potentially have things in common, but the odd couples -- how did they get there. I would love to see a transcript of an actual conversation.

Same with David and Lana... what did Lana say that kept David on the hook for 7 years, $100,000 and 4 futile trips to Ukraine. I know he's delusional, but...  Yolanda too -- how can they trust these people over facts?

My favorite thing is when they call the person they've never met the love of their lives or soulmates.  I mean, how on earth could you ever know that when you've spent zero time together.  And then when they do spend time with them, it's a brief amount of time.  How could you ever know your compatibilty if you aren't spending signficant time together?

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

My favorite thing is when they call the person they've never met the love of their lives or soulmates.  I mean, how on earth could you ever know that when you've spent zero time together.  And then when they do spend time with them, it's a brief amount of time.  How could you ever know your compatibilty if you aren't spending signficant time together?

And to add what @jackjill89 said:  What to they talk about? "Oh my queen, I love you so!  I miss you my queen!"  or "I miss you so much!"  (which I don't get as you have never met!)  It would be way more appropriate to say:  "I think I love you, and I love the idea of you, and when we do finally meet I am going to pour every ounce that I am into changing you because I am American, and I will NOT be a _________wife.  Got that?"

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
On 5/4/2020 at 6:40 PM, John M said:

Aren't kids a non-negotiable thing that comes up pretty early in a relationships? I flat out told my now husband that kids were off the table when we first started our romantic relationship, that there was not point in proceeding if he wanted children because it wasn't going to be with me.

Sorry but I HATE children and I would be a terrible parent. I'm sure your children are lovely but having a child is probably the worst thing that could happen to me.

Lol.  I totally get you.  I can't stand children either, there is not a single thing about them I like, but mention that to people, and they look like you just kicked a puppy or something.  Puppies I like.

If I were Rose, I would have been done when Ed claimed he was "attacked" by the monkey.  He acted like a little pussy.  I bet he's also scared of spiders.  I would not have any respect for someone like that, and I just can't be attracted to someone who I don't respect.

When Ash asked if he made Avery feel loved, like a woman...yadda, yadda, yadda, I hated that she actually told him yes.  She should have asked him what the fuck that had to do with anything.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Honey said:

Lol.  I totally get you.  I can't stand children either, there is not a single thing about them I like, but mention that to people, and they look like you just kicked a puppy or something.  Puppies I like.

If I were Rose, I would have been done when Ed claimed he was "attacked" by the monkey.  He acted like a little pussy.  I bet he's also scared of spiders.  I would not have any respect for someone like that, and I just can't be attracted to someone who I don't respect.

When Ash asked if he made Avery feel loved, like a woman...yadda, yadda, yadda, I hated that she actually told him yes.  She should have asked him what the fuck that had to do with anything.

It's kid dependant for me.  I don't like a bratty kid though.  That's a no-go.  A kid without manners is also a non starter.  Also, I don't like skinny babies.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, Honey said:

My sentiments exactly!!!!!  I had two husbands.  Neither believed me that I wanted NO kids.  I told them both, multiple times,  BEFORE I married them.  Ed should’ve been as honest with her before he went to the Philippines.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I applaud the Roses of the world who say I'd rather live in my terrible circumstances than spend one more minute with that deviant.

It would be great if TLC would show a parting shot of Rose with a big smile cuddling Prince, luxuriating on 1000-ct sheets and cooking up a nice meal on Ed's fancy grill. Or her sister could sell them in the store.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, blubld43 said:

I believe this is correct.  I have a good friend who is from Nigeria; he is from Lagos and is Christian.  It's my understanding that the northern part of the country is majority Muslim.

And the area where Mommy lives is one of the handful where polygamy is legal.

On 5/5/2020 at 7:03 AM, eyelash said:

She's an idiot not to have brought her divorce papers,

Really? Just say you've never been married. Who would know? It's certainly believable.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Ucross said:

Really? Just say you've never been married. Who would know? It's certainly believable.

Yes!  Then when it’s learned that their marriage is illegal, he can be deported and never have to see her again.  Start over with a new woman. And a new goat.  Win/win.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Honey said:

I'd rather have rabies than babies!

• LOL 8

Open message to Victoria, who valiantly tried to help David and offered honest advice.  Victoria, you are a saint for not yelling at David for insulting you and accusing the investigator of lying. Why would the investigator lie? Hey, here’s a thought, why don’t you fix David up with me of your friends from the old country? Of course, it would probably have to be the daughter or granddaughter of one of your friends because David thinks he’s that special... never mind, I’m gagging here. You’re still a saint for putting up w him.

• Love 15
(edited)
On 5/6/2020 at 5:51 PM, Honey said:

This cracks me up in the best way, as I like kids (most of them, anyway) but puppies?  Hard pass.  Good Lord it sounds like have a two year old FOREVER.  Even when I was a kid I did not like puppies, lol.  Too much work.  I always feel for people who don't have kids and not in the way people may think:  I feel bad that they feel the need to apologize or something.  No, no you don't!  Frankly, and I am going to duck some tomatoes here, the ones who should say they are sorry are the ones who have like 10 or 12 kids biologically.  Save some resources and oxygen for the next generation, will ya????

I must add that I like grown dogs A LOT.

On 5/7/2020 at 9:45 AM, Colfrmb said:

Open message to Victoria, who valiantly tried to help David and offered honest advice.  Victoria, you are a saint for not yelling at David for insulting you and accusing the investigator of lying.

No kidding!!  She even says, "Oh my gosh you HUNTED her down??"  She was creeped out by that.  If David were my friend (and that would be a hard pass too) I would say to him, straight up:  I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT LANA ANYMORE.  We can talk about the Golden Knights, the Raiders moving to Vegas, the Strip, anything but "her."

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

No kidding!!  She even says, "Oh my gosh you HUNTED her down??"  She was vreeped out by that.  If David were my friend (and that would be a hard pass too) I would say to him, straight up:  I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT LANA ANYMORE.  We can talk about the Golden Knights, the Raiders moving to Vegas, the Strip, anything but "her."

Right?  I'm sure other creeps don't go on and on about their blow up dolls or imaginary girlfriends like that.  It skeeves people out.  It's best to keep your psychoses to yourself. 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

If David were my friend (and that would be a hard pass too) I would say to him, straight up:  I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT LANA ANYMORE.  We can talk about the Golden Knights, the Raiders moving to Vegas, the Strip, anything but "her."

After that conversation, I would refuse to talk with David about ANYTHING.  He would be at the top of my "ex-friends" list.

No one can be THAT desperate for friends.  

• Love 13
On 5/5/2020 at 6:20 PM, Rt66vintage said:

I'm of the opinion Dave is a real-life insane person. His strange mannerisms and speech seem real, and the hairpiece is adding to crazy town. His Russian lady friend is done with Dave getting angry because of his childish stubbornness. Dave is a lost cause.

I know a David in real life.  A college friend who still calls me to hear his rants on occasion.  He is not doing what David is doing, but he has the same man-child personality, lives in the same kind of delusional world, rationalizes and blames everyone and everything else for his poor life choices.  I finally read him the riot act one day.  I'm sure David's Russian lady friend will do the same if she has to deal with him again.  There is no hope for people like this.

• Love 8

I haven't been "camping" since I was a little kid. But was anyone kinda ooked by Geoffrey shitting in the woods? I'm assuming there are no showers or bidets there? And maybe they had sex afterwards? Would there have been an opportunity to bathe before the STEAM room? Maybe there was swimming all week?🤒 Or were these two separate places bc I was a little confused by navy, wide-legged dress pants on a camping trip. Was the swimming and sauna at a different place?

So they travel hours from the projects where Varya grew up (I could have sworn I was watching Good Times😂) into the woods to meet nonEnglish-speaking Igor who left the next day? She cut her visit w/ her mother short for that??

• LOL 3
38 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

So they travel hours from the projects where Varya grew up (I could have sworn I was watching Good Times😂) into the woods to meet nonEnglish-speaking Igor who left the next day? She cut her visit w/ her mother short for that??

You are forgetting that it wasn't just Varya and Geoffrey there to see her mother, they have the camera crew and they are on a filming schedule.  TLC wanted this camping trip with Igor so that they would have something more to film than just Varya and Geoffrey sitting there visiting with her mother and brother for days on end. Been there/done that - they had to move on.  I'm sure when a camera crew hasn't flown there to film, she spends a longer amount of time with her mom.

• Love 3
On 5/5/2020 at 2:42 PM, blubld43 said:

As much as I dislike Ash, I did side eye Avery starting the relationship discussion while on a boat at the Great Barrier Reef.  I would have saved that for some other time, and enjoyed the once in a lifetime experience, for sure. 

Haven’t made it through all the comments yet, so I don’t know if this point has already been made but...

While few of us would’ve chosen to have that particular conversation at that particular moment, we as viewers also need to keep in mind how producer-driven a lot of this drama really is. That is their job after all. To produce dramatic reality TV that will, in return, produce forums such as these & other viral media posts. We see it done time & time again every season. It’s not quite fair to blame Avery for initiating the conversation in this situation when, in all reality, it was more likely than not to have been brought up at the suggestion of the production crew in a spot where they knew they could also shoot some great B-roll footage. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Kyanight said:

You are forgetting that it wasn't just Varya and Geoffrey there to see her mother, they have the camera crew and they are on a filming schedule.  TLC wanted this camping trip with Igor so that they would have something more to film than just Varya and Geoffrey sitting there visiting with her mother and brother for days on end. Been there/done that - they had to move on.  I'm sure when a camera crew hasn't flown there to film, she spends a longer amount of time with her mom.

And we don't know, for sure, how long they were actually there. You can't trust show time. These are the people who condense a 12-hour Tell All into a 2-hour Show Nothing.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

I haven't been "camping" since I was a little kid. But was anyone kinda ooked by Geoffrey shitting in the woods? I'm assuming there are no showers or bidets there? And maybe they had sex afterwards? Would there have been an opportunity to bathe before the STEAM room? Maybe there was swimming all week?🤒 Or were these two separate places bc I was a little confused by navy, wide-legged dress pants on a camping trip. Was the swimming and sauna at a different place?

I don't particularly like envisioning Geoffrey pooping at all, but we camp a lot so none of that bothered me. Wiping with toilet paper and burying it isn't that much different than wiping with toilet paper and flushing it down the commode.

The sauna, swimming, and steam room were at the same complex. Varya wasn't there to visit her mother-she was there to film a TV show. This wasn't a leisurely visit with loved ones-this was just the standard reality TV "meeting the parents" trope. It was probably Sharp's idea to film with Igor, too. Once they found out Geoffrey had a contact in Russia they may have thought it an interesting idea to let Varya meet someone who knew him, since he'd been meeting people who knew her. And camping is at least more interesting than the Teen Mom folks who film 75% of their episodes sitting at a restaurant or on their couch. 

• Love 5
On 5/5/2020 at 7:49 PM, BallisticNikki said:

Avery is freaking out entirely too much for someone who will never see him again. She needs to smile, say OK, enjoy the tour and go home.

Ha, I don't know.  I remember when I realized that I wanted to break up with my my long-distance boyfriend.  I was in beautiful Quebec City (his hometown) for one of his friend's wedding when he asked while we were dancing "So when is this going to be you and me..." and i just sort of laughed it off.  I had by that time figured out that I didn't want to continue the relationship.  I couldn't WAIT to leave.  

When you're stuck with someone who annoys you, it's really hard to enjoy yourself even when you are in gorgeous surroundings.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Kyanight said:

But didn't she say it had been a long time since she had seen her mother?

Personally, I'd find more scenes in the apartment where he slowly discloses each one of his criminal charges to the family and they all curse him out in Russian a lot more entertaining!😂

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

But didn't she say it had been a long time since she had seen her mother?

Personally, I'd find more scenes in the apartment where he slowly discloses each one of his criminal charges to the family and they all curse him out in Russian a lot more entertaining!😂

And how do you force Geoffrey to do that?   

@mamadrama- “Teen Mom folks who film 75% of their episodes sitting at a restaurant or on their couch. “
On Teen Mom, all I ever see is whining and crying and that’s not even from the infants.  When I was a teen, I never cried and pouted so much.  My own mom would have killed me, given me a list of chores and then driven me thru the ghetto to show me that I should shut up and be thankful.  And it worked.  At least on the 90 day shows people have optimism sometimes, albeit misguided.  Hence I will continue to watch.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I don't particularly like envisioning Geoffrey pooping at all, but we camp a lot so none of that bothered me. Wiping with toilet paper and burying it isn't that much different than wiping with toilet paper and flushing it down the commode.

The sauna, swimming, and steam room were at the same complex. Varya wasn't there to visit her mother-she was there to film a TV show. This wasn't a leisurely visit with loved ones-this was just the standard reality TV "meeting the parents" trope. It was probably Sharp's idea to film with Igor, too. Once they found out Geoffrey had a contact in Russia they may have thought it an interesting idea to let Varya meet someone who knew him, since he'd been meeting people who knew her. And camping is at least more interesting than the Teen Mom folks who film 75% of their episodes sitting at a restaurant or on their couch. 

I am a camper, too (I hiked Glacier alone for a week in 2016, in a tent, no inn for me!) and prefer rustic settings so that scene did not bother me - just make sure you are waaaay off the beaten path.  We practice "Leave No Trace" camping but every now and then.......you gotta leave a trace, lol.

2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Ha, I don't know.  I remember when I realized that I wanted to break up with my my long-distance boyfriend.  I was in beautiful Quebec City (his hometown) for one of his friend's wedding when he asked while we were dancing "So when is this going to be you and me..." and i just sort of laughed it off.  I had by that time figured out that I didn't want to continue the relationship.  I couldn't WAIT to leave.  

When you're stuck with someone who annoys you, it's really hard to enjoy yourself even when you are in gorgeous surroundings.

Oh I feel for you!!  I have not experienced that but man, to want to get the hell out of Quebec City - you really wanted out, lol!!!

56 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

On Teen Mom, all I ever see is whining and crying and that’s not even from the infants.  

I used to tell my kids, "Look, either cry or talk - you can't do both."  Neither was a whiner, praise Jesus.  

Anyone here follow 90 Day sites on IG?  There is leaked footage of the Tell All and this may be hard to believe but Lisa comes off as an even bigger hosebeast.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Kyanight said:

camping trip with Igor

Did I hear this correctly? Geoffrey asked Varya how she knew of this place (camping/sauna) and I thought she said "Igor told me about it."

How could this be if she just met Igor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Did I hear this correctly? Geoffrey asked Varya how she knew of this place (camping/sauna) and I thought she said "Igor told me about it."

How could this be if she just met Igor.

Maybe on a show featuring people meeting in real life after a time of digital communication, she met him (ex:  friended him FB) through Geoffrey that way first.

On 5/3/2020 at 11:40 PM, Ucross said:

"Prince," who real name is obviously not that, was probably the product of a rape. One has to scratch one's head that any American cannot comprehend that obvious fact. And she probably is fairly shy of 18, if not 15 or under.

I was just curious, what would make.you assume her son was likely the product of rape ? Unless she hinted at it, I wouldnt really speculate one way or the other, just like there are plenty of teen moms here in the US, particularly in rural, poverty stricken areas. 

• Love 3
On 5/2/2020 at 1:47 PM, magemaud said:

I had to laugh when Darcey was sending back the key to Tom and she claimed "He said it was the key to his heart..." No, he DIDN'T! He specifically told her it was the key to his house so she would be welcome to come back at any time. This despite the fact that he never took her there on her visit. It was just like her calling Jesse's "appreciation ring" an engagement ring. 

I guess Tom was right, Darcy doesn't listen to him.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Oh I feel for you!!  I have not experienced that but man, to want to get the hell out of Quebec City - you really wanted out, lol!!!

And he was a professional hockey player at that with the most amazing hockey butt!  He was really a sweet, shy guy, but I just fell out of love!  I needed someone with a better sense of humor!

• Love 1
On 5/6/2020 at 6:51 PM, Honey said:

If I were Avery, I would have said, “What does that even mean?” And then Ash would have gone completely batshit because I’d be calling him on his b.s.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

If I were Avery, I would have said, “What does that even mean?” And then Ash would have gone completely batshit because I’d be calling him on his b.s.

His response would have been, "Let me close the 'platitudes' box in my brain and open up 'snappy comebacks.'"

• LOL 6

Avery seems to be legitimately heartless. She just does not listen. Ash is not great, but she's a whole different level of evil. It's really disgusting how she talks to him. If someone is clearly hurt, you listen don't continue to tell at them about some nonsense. No wonder he left. There's no talking with her. She takes offense to everything and makes so many baseless assumptions. 

I don't see why people keep saying she's faking being bi. A lot of people accuse people of that and it's not cool. It's gross. There's no one way a bi person has to act and maybe she's just nervous about telling her family. She doesn't know how they'll respond and she'll be doing it without her partner. 

(edited)
Just now, StitchPunk said:

If someone is clearly hurt, you listen don't continue to tell at them about some nonsense. No wonder he left. There's no talking with her. She takes offense to everything and makes so many baseless assumptions. 

What is he hurt about? That he did a beyond-awful job conducting that "seminar," the material for which he stole by watching five minutes of some other guy's YouTube video? That he clearly had no preparation for doing what was supposedly his "career"? That he couldn't answer questions coherently, or without blaming the questioners in the audience and telling them that what they said was their experience wasn't really their experience? That he actually had to bail on the audience because he realized he couldn't hack doing what he advertised himself as an expert at? And then Avery didn't say "there, there" afterward and hand him a lollipop to make him feel better? And I don't have any idea what "baseless assumptions" she made, except that everything he was saying served to reinforce antiquated gender clichés--which is exactly the truth of the matter.

I assume by "tell at them" you meant to type "yell at them"? When did she do that?  I didn't see her taking offense at anything, but he sure got butt-hurt big time, without actually being called to account directly for all the nonsense he said. Most of his wounded feelings were based on conclusions he was projecting onto her about how inadequate he was.  And that's the one thing he was right about.

Edited by Mondrianyone
  • Love 13

Avery was listening to Ash, but he wasn't saying anything, just reciting vague or sexist platitudes and talking in circles.  And Ash never listened to her or the points being made by the "seminar" audience.  He lives in a scrambled up mess in his head.

• Love 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

What is he hurt about? That he did a beyond-awful job conducting that "seminar," the material for which he stole by watching five minutes of some other guy's YouTube video? That he clearly had no preparation for doing what was supposedly his "career"? That he couldn't answer questions coherently, or without blaming the questioners in the audience and telling them that what they said was their experience wasn't really their experience? That he actually had to bail on the audience because he realized he couldn't hack doing what he advertised himself as an expert at? And then Avery didn't say "there, there" afterward and hand him a lollipop to make him feel better? And I don't have any idea what "baseless assumptions" she made, except that everything he was saying served to reinforce antiquated gender clichés--which is exactly the truth of the matter.

I assume by "tell at them" you meant to type "yell at them"? When did she do that?  I didn't see her taking offense at anything, but he sure got butt-hurt big time, without actually being called to account directly for all the nonsense he said. Most of his wounded feelings were based on conclusions he was projecting onto her about how inadequate he was.  And that's the one thing he was right about.

Word!  Obviously we don't see a lot of what happened, but what we did see?  That's ALL on Ash.  Avery wasn't calling him names, cursing and yelling, she asked reasonable questions that this man-boy didn't want to answer.  Or couldn't answer without sobbing.  

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 9
On 5/2/2020 at 10:47 AM, magemaud said:

I had to laugh when Darcey was sending back the key to Tom and she claimed "He said it was the key to his heart..." No, he DIDN'T! He specifically told her it was the key to his house so she would be welcome to come back at any time. This despite the fact that he never took her there on her visit. It was just like her calling Jesse's "appreciation ring" an engagement ring. 

Just discovered this show due to stay at home orders. Binged watched 4 seasons.  Love reading these posts. 

Darcey was sending the key back to Tom using United States Forever stamps. International mail is sent through the Post Office or FedEx. Darcey and her sister are looking pretty rough. They must see something different in their mirrors than we see. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Donna S said:

Just discovered this show due to stay at home orders. Binged watched 4 seasons.  Love reading these posts. 

Darcey was sending the key back to Tom using United States Forever stamps. International mail is sent through the Post Office or FedEx. Darcey and her sister are looking pretty rough. They must see something different in their mirrors than we see. 

Oh, Darcy. Bless her heart.

• LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Donna S said:

Darcey was sending the key back to Tom using United States Forever stamps. International mail is sent through the Post Office or FedEx.

I was wondering about that, too. She had a shit ton of US postage on that envelope! 

Welcome Donna S to our happy little Snarkathon!

Be sure and join us in a few minutes for the Live Chat. That's where we are at our best! Nothing is sacred, we even snark on the commercials. Your head will spin trying to keep up. It's the perfect quarantine time waster. 

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/107846-90df-live-chat-2-this-thread-is-only-60-good/page/123/#comments

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/9/2020 at 2:41 PM, Mondrianyone said:

Even if his seminar was terrible that no reason to just go off on him about it. He clearly knows that it was terrible, why kick him when he's down? That's just being evil. She's just repeating what he already knows. It seems like she just gets some sick pleasure from hurting someone. It doesn't matter why he was hurting, only that he was. I don't want to bring this up, but if it was reversed people would be calling for his head on a pile. Why does everyone on this forum seem to think that men can't have emotions? No wonder the suicide rate for men is so high when they get destroyed for feeling. It's all just sick and disgusting. 

This forum is starting to get repulsive. 

Edited by StitchPunk
  • Love 1