Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Season 10 Reunion

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't know about you, but if something happened & the other person got their say & my version was left out, I wouldn't find that at all fair. The behaviors of both aside, everyone has a right to their side of the story - it's even in our judicial system, but apparently doesn't apply to reality teevee.

Well, in the sense that Brandon may find it unfair, I agree.  He probably finds it unfair.

All I'm saying is...when you behave like a total jackass, then turn around and demand "fairness"...you should not be surprised if your demand is ignored.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Woman tend to mature faster then men particularly in regards to marriage, work and raising children. Being a few years younger gives woman youth appeal. I agree Mindy is ready for children and adult life. Derek has a way to go.

DING-DING-DING!!  And there you have it!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Someone called Zach a predator and I had to think about it for a minute but I agree. He targeted two women who have self-esteem/jealousy issues.

If we go by what Shannie said, Lindsey seemed to be jealous of Mindy and wanted to “take” Zach from her. Zach capitalized on that and had that stupid woman actually thinking they would be together after the show was over. 

He also targeted Katie, who was more than willing to meet up with him to “discuss the show” over drinks. And this stupid woman sits on stage and says she wouldn’t consider dating Zach after the show aired and she saw how he treated Mindy even though she already knew in real time he was an ass. Zach knew Katie would be an easy lay. Somebody can try to convince me he didn’t hit and quit (like her ex) but I’ll be a hard sell. Probably turned Katie on to be treated like shit so I guess it was a win for her. 

Even IF Derek was the "predator," both Lindsay and Katie are grown women, capable of refusal.

But now I don't know that Zach was necessarily the instigator (admitting that earlier I wrote that he was "on the hunt"). I believe Lindsay had her eye on him at the wedding (after all, he had no knowledge of Mindy, either, so Lindsay could easily have figured she herself was just as "good at first sight."). And I can believe that Katie, already a deceiver, went after Zach. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Well, in the sense that Brandon may find it unfair, I agree.  He probably finds it unfair.

All I'm saying is...when you behave like a total jackass, then turn around and demand "fairness"...you should not be surprised if your demand is ignored.

In all 'fairness', we don't even know if he demanded anything. Taylor has been the vocal one; even all season she was the loudest voice to the cameras, & clearly had production between her legs. I don't find it hard to believe she would set Brandon up for failure at the bar because she knows damn well he's an easy target with his temper issues.  This is why I hate that the issue was presented so one sided.

• Love 8

Michael is a very eccentric strange person bubbling with neurosis and phobias. It wasn't fair for him to be a spokesperson for Brandon but all he had to do was say that Brandon sees things different and leave it at that. I don't agree with the host of the reunion making it a black issue, race has nothing to do with it. I think he used the race card as a prod to get Michael to sit back down. 

Has anyone ever found out what he really does for a living if anything? He blew a chance of having a really great woman in his corner. Anyone who becomes involved with him is going to be suspicious of everything he says...

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I don't agree with the host of the reunion making it a black issue, race has nothing to do with it. I think he used the race card as a prod to get Michael to sit back down.

I'm pretty sure it was Michael who unnecessarily tried to make it about race.

• Love 21
33 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think they're not compatible because Derek is too immature for her.  She's lived a lot of life, and he hasn't.

True, but he had a list of dreams to accomplish so he could start living life but that whore Katie shot all of that down. If Derek were around 30 (with a little more living under his belt) and Mindy was around 32 they could have been good for each other. I also think Mindy would have welcomed Derek's dreams as long as he could keep a job while dreaming. 

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

I think that Meka’s sharp, logical mind makes her impatient with those who can’t keep up.  She’s all about the facts, right and wrong, etc.  She is my favorite this season, not because she was perfect, but because she seemed she would be a great friend, and I would enjoy her ranting about whatever was on her mind at the moment.

Nooo!!!  Help me Jesus!

17 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

In all 'fairness', we don't even know if he demanded anything. Taylor has been the vocal one; even all season she was the loudest voice to the cameras, & clearly had production between her legs. I don't find it hard to believe she would set Brandon up for failure at the bar because she knows damn well he's an easy target with his temper issues.  This is why I hate that the issue was presented so one sided.

You mean literally?  I wouldn't be surprised.

• LOL 3

Wow. Just ... wow. Katie turned out to be even worse than I ever imagined. I'm glad Derek laid it all out about what a nasty bitch she'd been to him. He deserves so much better. As for her, she's been exposed on TV as a shrew and a cheat, so no decent guy will ever want to have a relationship with her. Way to go, Katie!

Taylor was lying through her teeth when she was recounting what she claimed had happened at the bar. It was as if she was trying to remember what she'd told other people and making sure she didn't trip herself up because she knows it'll all be over social media the next day. She deliberately went to the bar where she knows Brandon has business connections (and she was probably well aware he'd be there that night) and flaunted her new man in front of him. Rememebering her eggplant emoji on her infamous 'single woman' video, I wouldn't put it past her to have taunted Brandon about that too. I think she knows he has a temper and would react, but didn't anticipate that she'd be arrested too. And now she has a criminal record. Oh dear, how sad, what a pity. This is my sympathetic face. 😀

I agree that Michael shouldn't have been put in the position of having to give Brandon's side of the story - because he doesn't know it and it was unfair to put him on the spot like that. This is the only time I've ever been on Michael's side.

Zack is a PoS, and only signed up for the show for the publicity, as Mindy said. He and Katie deserve one another. Again, he's exposed his worst traits on TV for all the world to see.  Mindy is a class act and I hope she finds someone worthy of her.

Primetimers, I have watched about 50% of the Australian MAFS, and it is garbage. There's about 50 episodes of it, I kid you not (they show it 5 nights a week in Australia) and it was available on my streaming site so I started to watch it. The people on it are so low-class and trashy they make the cast of Real Housewives of New Jersey look like the British Royal Family. And if you think US shows overdo it with the recaps, in the Aussie version there's probably no more than 5 minutes of new content in every 1-hour show. Honestly, it's absolute rubbish and not worth your time. Trust me on this.

• Useful 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Are healthcare workers allowed to have tattoos that show? For some reason, I think I've heard that they must cover them up. 

I think it depends on where you work. I've been in hospitals where some of the staff had tattoos they couldn't possibly cover up but I've known people who worked in places where there was a rule about not having visible tattoos (not sure how well it was enforced). They are so common anymore, I'm not sure how feasible it is to have that, particularly for positions that are hard to fill (like nurses).

I am surprised no one has mentioned Mindy's makeup at the reunion. I think she is lovely but her eye makeup was hideous. I think they had professionals do their hair and makeup so I'm not sure that how that went so bad.

As for who told Derek about Katie cheating, my money is on Taylor. I think she is a shit-stirrer. She loves the drama and she loves to insert herself in the drama.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 9

Derek posted a photo of him, Taylor,  Mindy and Jessica together stating that he made great friends in the process.  I think they might have told him about Katie. Also Katie seems to be the only cast member who has the least amount of MAFS followers both past and present. 

36 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Michael is a very eccentric strange person bubbling with neurosis and phobias. It wasn't fair for him to be a spokesperson for Brandon but all he had to do was say that Brandon sees things different and leave it at that. I don't agree with the host of the reunion making it a black issue, race has nothing to do with it. I think he used the race card as a prod to get Michael to sit back down. 

Has anyone ever found out what he really does for a living if anything? He blew a chance of having a really great woman in his corner. Anyone who becomes involved with him is going to be suspicious of everything he says...

Michael is the one who tried to make it about race.  Kevin just flat out told him that Brandon was an embarrassment to us all as a race.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 12

I agree about Mindy's overdone eye makeup.  Since I'm going the shallow route, I thought that short dress was "trying too hard for no damn reason."  Same thing with turtle...errr....Katie's dress with the unnecessary boobage.   

I also thought Meka's makeup was a little too much and the long gown was unnecessary and made her look overdressed for the occasion.

No need to comment on Busted Wig.  #FreetheWig! 

So, for me, the award for Best Looking Woman for the Reunion goes to Jessica.        

• Love 10
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

A lot of times, black people are used by the media to trash another black person..."we're justified in pushing this narrative because look, Billy Black Person agrees with us too!"  Michael was trying to say to Kevin, hey you're black and you know what's going on...don't ask me to participate in this. 

Michael shouldn't have been asked to give a play by play of what happened in court, because half of the cast was in court & Kevin didn't grill them.  Kevin was demanding Michael either defend or trash Brandon (which Meka gleefully did) and he shouldn't have been asked to do either, just like no one else was asked to defend or trash Katie's behavior.

I also think this some of the problem Michael had with Meka (outside of calling him on the lying).   Meka had no problem airing his dirty laundry  in front of the other couples and on camera.  Which is why he would just retreat and leave.   

Edited by After7Only
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

About that Where are they now show - is that different from the one they are shooting with the remote cameras that will also include Jessica and Austin? I really hope she stops with the nervous laugh, though. 

I think so. The new show called "Couples Cam" is for the couples that stayed together which is in the works because of Covid.

The "Where are they now show?" includes the divorced ones and was in the works before Covid but maybe now the two are being tied together.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lovecat said:
13 hours ago, buttersister said:

And how much do I finally appreciate nurse Jessica, who likely buried that tattoo where the sun doesn’t shine.

It's on her right ring finger, since she's the only one wearing a wedding band on her left ring finger at the moment.  I question the judgement of the other ladies, though...I mean, can you imagine getting engaged and having your fiancée slip an engagement ring and wedding band on over a tattoo that memorializes your first "marriage"??  Yikes.  Get it between your toes or something.

I just don't see this "huge bond" between the girls this season especially to get tattoos.  Matching T shirts would have been plenty. I thought only Meka and Taylor were close.

I just don't think Jessica has the time of day for them and not in a mean way, but she really has nothing in common with them.

The season two girls are beyond close and don't even think they would have gotten tattoos with "two"!

• Love 10

So Jessica and Austin spent time with each of their families.

It seemed to me, from Jessica's reaction,  Austin's family was more welcoming and accepting.

Her family not so much.  I remember they didn't attend the wedding.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

In the early part of the discussion on the set about Brandon, Michael gave up one tidbit.  He said in court Brandon said that he knew from Day 1 he wasn't into the marriage with Taylor.

I think this supports the idea...Brandon found out about her trying to get on reality shows, and other fame seeking activities, whereby like for IG fame, he was just going to be fodder for her posts and imdb resume.

It support the idea that Brandon did not  like her from first sight.  Nothing else he would know on the first day.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

No one there had been at the 'incident', so no one there had any right to be defending either party. Taylor was able to speak for herself. No matter what about Brandon, he deserved his say as well. That whole debacle was petty & immature.

Two sides or no sides. Production was unprofessional, period.

And where were all these vocal fuckers when Derek needed a little help - crickets, crickets... so Katie cheats on him & all the voices who knew & revealed went silent. Run from all of them, Derek.

Meka fell off her throne for me last night talking way too much. On a superficial note, her look also fell several notches from decision day. Less is more, Meka, in every way...

Show probably lied about Katie being a "mental health professional". She probably answers the phone at a clinic & hangs up on the suicidals.

Hope those ridiculous tats are as temporary as most of these 'marriages'.

44 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think it depends on where you work. I've been in hospitals where some of the staff had tattoos they couldn't possibly cover up but I've known people who worked in places where there was a rule about not having visible tattoos (not sure how well it was enforced). They are so common anymore, I'm not sure how feasible it is to have that, particularly for positions that are hard to fill (like nurses).

I am surprised no one has mentioned Mindy's makeup at the reunion. I think she is lovely but her eye makeup was hideous. I think they had professionals do their hair and makeup so I'm not sure that how that went so bad.

As for who told Derek about Katie cheating, my money is on Taylor. I think she is a shit-stirrer. She loves the drama and she loves to insert herself in the drama.

30 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I agree about Mindy's overdone eye makeup.  Since I'm going the shallow route, I thought that short dress was "trying too hard for no damn reason."  Same thing with turtle...errr....Katie's dress with the unnecessary boobage.   

I also thought Meka's makeup was a little too much and the long gown was unnecessary and made her look overdressed for the occasion.

No need to comment on Busted Wig.  #FreetheWig! 

So, for me, the award for Best Looking Woman for the Reunion goes to Jessica.        

The makeup artist who did both Mindy and Meka’s make up needs to be fired. They are both attractive women and the make up made both of them look ashen and sickly. They almost looked like zombies.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

It seemed to me, from Jessica's reaction,  Austin's family was more welcoming and accepting.

Jessica's family was at the wedding.

It was Mindy's family that didn't attend.

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, essexjan said:

Taylor was lying through her teeth when she was recounting what she claimed had happened at the bar. It was as if she was trying to remember what she'd told other people and making sure she didn't trip herself up because she knows it'll all be over social media the next day. She deliberately went to the bar where she knows Brandon has business connections (and she was probably well aware he'd be there that night) and flaunted her new man in front of him.

Taylor only went to the bar that Brandon goes to because it had free water! 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

Taylor only went to the bar that Brandon goes to because it had free water! 

LOL  As she was telling her account of the "bar incident", she was including so many unnecessary and irrelevant details...well, it sounded almost as if she was just making it up on-the-fly.

I'm pretty sure she was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Best reunion ever!

Although I believe Taylor was totally lying in recounting the bar incident, I don't think Kevin let her off-he kept bringing up "why did you go to that bar?" and even in her own recap she implicated herself a bit.  It was also interesting that Taylor defending making the video when she is also saying in other venues that production MADE her make it.  Taylor and Brandon are both horrible-it was like a "perfect storm" putting them together.  I also think Taylor exposed herself a bit when Michael was sharing a bit of Brandon's perspective and Taylor immediately went after Michael.  Both Brandon and Taylor have tempers.

Katie also got exposed in this show.  I loved how calm and consistent Derek was when Katie kept trying to change the story and tell him he was "fake."  Whatever Katie.  Oh, and what a good friend you are to go with your girlfriend's ex-husband for drinks.  I am a bit gleeful that she got played by her ex-I remember all of her "he called me and told me he loved me..." drama.  So many of you called it right-he only told her that because she was marrying someone else.  So, she has an affair with her ex, ends her marriage with Derek and then is told by her ex "oh, never mind..."  Interesting how she only can see her side of things.  Kevin: what was one of your best memories?  Katie: Derek's efforts on our anniversary.  Kevin:  what did you do for him?  Katie: I brought the hard conversations.  Sigh. Oh, and she breaks up with him in Nashville on the super special date Derek planned to attend the concert of one of her favorite bands.  Derek is going to be so in demand in DC.

I hope that Jessica and Austin never have to hang out in the whole group again.  I think Jessica and Mindy formed a friendship, and maybe Derek.  But, how painful it must have been for them to sit through all of that.  At least it will solidify how happy they are with their marriage. 

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I just don't see this "huge bond" between the girls this season especially to get tattoos.  Matching T shirts would have been plenty. I thought only Meka and Taylor were close.

I just don't think Jessica has the time of day for them and not in a mean way, but she really has nothing in common with them.

The season two girls are beyond close and don't even think they would have gotten tattoos with "two"!

I think Jessica  and Mindy have become close.

28 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

So Jessica and Austin spent time with each of their families.

Jessica's family was there. It was Mindy's who didn't attend.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I wanted to hand her some blotting papers. She was so shiny! I didn't like Meka's eye makeup either.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Stinamaia said:

AND she admitted her fault without excusing it by childhood trauma or past relationships or whatever.  She straight up said she was too harsh and apologized.  She took responsibility for herself without pointing out that Michael’s lying was worse than what she did.

I think that Meka’s sharp, logical mind makes her impatient with those who can’t keep up.  She’s all about the facts, right and wrong, etc.  She is my favorite this season, not because she was perfect, but because she seemed she would be a great friend, and I would enjoy her ranting about whatever was on her mind at the moment.

I agree. I thought she seemed quite intelligent. Michael's word salad lies probably got to her more than to the average person. She picks up on everything. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

The producers had every right to hate Brandon, he was awful to them.  All Kevin had to say was Brandon couldn't be there because of the restraining order, let Taylor tell her side of the story, say they reached out to Brandon for a statement on his side of the story but he declined to participate and move on.  Michael did not need to be a part of that narrative at all.

Exactly!  Plus I'd add in Kevin questioning and reeling in Taylor with her long story time.  Bringing court material might have balanced things out too, since Taylor definitely endangered Brandon in some way.

• Love 4

I wish Frazier had wheedled a little more out of Katie about the ex-.  He was a third person in the relationship the whole season, his “I love you” screwed her up for whomever she would have been matched with and she gets to the reunion and says it was just a physical thing because she knew she couldn’t love Derek.  Geez. Really?  Which is it, dingbat?  She believed he loved her or she figured out she was a booty call?  I wanted to hear her admit he dumped again her after he got some. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, OnTime said:

I don't get the matching tattoos. 

I doubt Jessica really wants to remember the other girls all that much. Getting it removed is probably on her list.

I’m surprised Jessica got one.  I wouldn’t have gotten it for anyone, no matter what.

• Love 11

I didn't love Meka's eye makeup either but it wasn't as bad as Mindy's. Meka looked awesome in that dress but I didn't think it was appropriate for the event. It was more an evening gown or bridesmaid dress. It was really figure flattering though.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She deliberately went to the bar where she knows Brandon has business connections (and she was probably well aware he'd be there that night) and flaunted her new man in front of him.

Her plan backfired and she got arrested!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Didn't like how much makeup they troweled on Austin to cover up his zits...

He needs to get on Accutane, a serious cystic acne medicine.

Surprised Jess hasn't taken him to the Dermatology Dept and have a resident put him on some kind of med.

Get on Accutane sooner than later to cure his severe case of acne before baby time...it is toxic to fetuses...

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:
3 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I've been saying this since the day he opened his mouth about his anxiety issues. A man who has a panic attack when a camera is in his face would not put himself in the position of being filmed on a daily basis. No amount of money or promise of "fame" could lure him, let alone the chance for true love. He may have some kind of disorder, but anxiety ain't it.

Exactly. And if Brandon did choose to do so knowing his severe anxiety and anger issues, sorry, but he has personal responsibility for that. If you feel backed into a corner when stressed and lash out like a hit dog when you face a difficult situation, maybe don't sign up to MARRY A STRANGER ON NATIONAL TELEVISION.

They showed a clip of Brandon explaining to the camera on the honeymoon that when he woke up to a camera in the face that his reaction was was due to his panic attack history.

Now I'm not sure he has that history, but my reaction when seeing the clip last night was that he was lying.  To me he just pulled it out of thin air to give himself a cover.  What if in reality, he was still (at that point) trying to hide his lack of attraction to his wife or his dislike of being a subject or Taylor's social media, etc.

To me there is no reason to believe his words at that time.  Being a beer rep, he has experience imo in being the center of attention etc

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

They showed a clip of Brandon explaining to the camera on the honeymoon that when he woke up to a camera in the face that his reaction was was due to his panic attack history.

Now I'm not sure he has that history, but my reaction when seeing the clip last night was that he was lying.  To me he just pulled it out of thin air to give himself a cover.  What if in reality, he was still (at that point) trying to hide his lack of attraction to his wife or his dislike of being a subject or Taylor's social media, etc.

To me there is no reason to believe his words at that time.  Being a beer rep, he has experience imo in being the center of attention etc

I don't believe him either, especially given his job. I was saying that IF he did have such an issue, it would still be his responsibility as an adult not to sign up for something that would lead him to treat other people so horribly. So even if that story is true, which I strongly doubt, it's still no excuse. If Brandon is that lacking in self-control every time he gets anxious, he shouldn't put himself in those situations. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, spunky said:

That dress looks like she robbed a 2 year old of their clothing. 

Katy looked like the little girl ( that she is) wearing her mothers dress and high heels.  Acts like one too.  She’s supposidely a therapist in waiting ?  She needs one herself.  

2 minutes ago, lizajane said:

Absolutely, he is the best! And he can replace Cohen on Bravo, too.

Never happen, as he’s too classy.  A filthy mouth is a requirement.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

If Brandon is that lacking in self-control every time he gets anxious, he shouldn't put himself in those situations. 

I tend to think Brandon simply lacks self-control...period. 

He doesn't "react"...he OVER-REACTS.  It's not normal.  It's severely anti-social.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't know about you, but if something happened & the other person got their say & my version was left out, I wouldn't find that at all fair. The behaviors of both aside, everyone has a right to their side of the story - it's even in our judicial system, but apparently doesn't apply to reality teevee.

Even in court, if you insult and threaten the judge enough times, you'll probably lose your chance to give much of your side. Brandon would have been given a contempt of court charge and been yanked out of the courtroom long ago. Nobody should have to be threatened, cursed out or screamed at at their job; producers are no exception. They have the right to a safe and civil work environment. For all we know, some of the crew members might have said they felt unsafe around Brandon and it created a hostile work environment. 

If he treated the higher-ups that way, I hate to think how he treated the average random camera guy or food service worker. I personally would have been really uncomfortable if I'd been subjected to that day after day at my job. I'm sure they're used to some weird behavior, but this was disgusting imo. Even locking the vehicle from the inside that wasn't even his? Blocking the cameras and getting in people's faces? I'd be nervous that he'd flip out at the reunion and start smashing property. I personally think that the "pettiness" was less of their reasoning than potential liability and HR complaints. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 16
32 minutes ago, Kareem said:

I wish Frazier had wheedled a little more out of Katie about the ex-.  He was a third person in the relationship the whole season, his “I love you” screwed her up for whomever she would have been matched with and she gets to the reunion and says it was just a physical thing because she knew she couldn’t love Derek.  Geez. Really?  Which is it, dingbat?  She believed he loved her or she figured out she was a booty call?  I wanted to hear her admit he dumped again her after he got some. 

Her ex really played her and she was stupid enough to fall for it. He is probably somewhere laughing his ass off. She probably thought she had the upper hand with Derrick because the ex was waiting in the wings.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Lovecat said:

It's on her right ring finger, since she's the only one wearing a wedding band on her left ring finger at the moment.  I question the judgement of the other ladies, though...I mean, can you imagine getting engaged and having your fiancée slip an engagement ring and wedding band on over a tattoo that memorializes your first "marriage"??  Yikes.  Get it between your toes or something.

And ironically, Jessica is the only one that deserved (earned?) the tattoo on her ring finger, as she is happily married.

But alas, he cut and run, which made him look bad, and even worse, set Meka off on her "See?  That's what he always does!" tirade.  Girl.  I love you, but shut it for just one damn minute, 'K?

And she had just apologized for being a little much sometimes. She didn't learn.

2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

It probably wasn't any of the black cast members so that leaves Zach, Austin, Jessica and Mindy as the informer.  I doubt Zach would've cared or told and I doubt Jessica would've told Derek directly.  

Why not a black cast member? I could totally see Taylor as being the one that told Derek. I think she's the type that wants to be in any man's good graces and will betray a girlfriend just to get in that man's good favor.

2 hours ago, Truth said:

Yes, however...Michael tried to have it both ways.  He began by defending Brandon, suggesting that Taylor's version wasn't accurate.  But then when pressed, he ran off like a little boy crying for mommy.

All he ever had to say was "I wasn't there, and I have nothing to add".

Then repeat as often as necessary.

Michael walked away when the show was about to go to commercial. I'm sure he thought it was a good time to walk away, cool off, and be back as soon as said commercial ended. However, shitty production thought, "oh, he's walking away. Keep filming!"

(I realize that this is not a live show and commercial breaks are not real, but they still get "breaks" to freshen up make-up and such. The show was about to cut for one of these "breaks" when Michael walked away.)

2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Show probably lied about Katie being a "mental health professional". She probably answers the phone at a clinic & hangs up on the suicidals.

They forgot to put "needs a..." before those words.

2 hours ago, essexjan said:

Primetimers, I have watched about 50% of the Australian MAFS, and it is garbage. There's about 50 episodes of it, I kid you not (they show it 5 nights a week in Australia) and it was available on my streaming site so I started to watch it. The people on it are so low-class and trashy they make the cast of Real Housewives of New Jersey look like the British Royal Family. And if you think US shows overdo it with the recaps, in the Aussie version there's probably no more than 5 minutes of new content in every 1-hour show. Honestly, it's absolute rubbish and not worth your time. Trust me on this.

The short clip I saw last night looked bad. I don't think I'll be watching.

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

I just don't see this "huge bond" between the girls this season especially to get tattoos.  

I wouldn't take the tattoo to represent the bond between the girls. If I was Jessica, I would just say "Oh, it represents the time I was on TV."

59 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Sigh. Oh, and she breaks up with him in Nashville on the super special date Derek planned to attend the concert of one of her favorite bands.  Derek is going to be so in demand in DC.

I know, right?!

It's just as if Meka had broken up with Michael on their trip to Jamaica while they were swimming with the dolphin!  Oh, wait......

Edited by Blissfool
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, After7Only said:

So any great moments in this reunion.  My favorite that I haven’t already seen mentioned.  When Derek said he promised the other ladies he would not name who told him Katie had slept with her Ex 2 days after the honeymoon, Meka immediately said wasn’t her.  The rest of the ladies....crickets....lol...  Jessica looks down and fidgets....I don’t doubt Derek’s story at all.  

1000% yes.  

• Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Even in court, if you insult and threaten the judge enough times, you'll probably lose your chance to give much of your side. Brandon would have been given a contempt of court charge and been yanked out of the courtroom long ago. Nobody should have to be threatened, cursed out or screamed at at their job; producers are no exception. They have the right to a safe and civil work environment. For all we know, some of the crew members might have said they felt unsafe around Brandon and it created a hostile work environment. 

If he treated the higher-ups that way, I hate to think how he treated the average random camera guy or food service worker. I personally would have been really uncomfortable if I'd been subjected to that day after day at my job. I'm sure they're used to some weird behavior, but this was disgusting imo. Even locking the vehicle from the inside that wasn't even his? Blocking the cameras and getting in people's faces? I'd be nervous that he'd flip out at the reunion and start smashing property. 

We're not talking about court behavior here for him, & we don't know what went on behind the scenes, only what they've showed us of Brandon. If they felt threatened by Brandon, I doubt he would've lasted the whole season. He wanted off anyway, so they probably would've gladly bumped him, except then Taylor would've lost her 15m of 'fame'.

And just to clarify, I'm not condoning any of his behavior, & I do think he's toxic as well as Taylor, just in different ways. I'm only saying both sides should've been heard, & will add as a long time viewer I also wanted that & wasn't given that opportunity.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, potatochips said:

Are healthcare workers allowed to have tattoos that show? For some reason, I think I've heard that they must cover them up. 

I am in Canada and was at the ER with my mother a few months ago. I could not believe the Dr. we had. She was covered in tatoos and had blue hair. Nice and capable, but never would have guessed her profession if I saw her on the street.

All this discussion about the Australian version - is it going to be on Lifetime?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Taylor is totally full of shit.  She knew that Brandon worked at that bar but she was going to go there with another man because she'd been there before?  Girl, please.  There are TONS of places in the D.C. area.  Go to one of those.  You didn't so just admit you did it to try and show up Brandon with another man.  And you got exactly what you wanted.  Brandon created a scene.  You got a little bit of karma too because your stupid ass got arrested.

No evidence that Brandon worked there.  This was not a love marriage - why should Brandon go after her?  They knew each other 8 weeks.  He rejected her. Why is he so angry?  You do know that abusive men commonly accuse their women of attacking them and they are both hauled into court?  The police are not supposed to make a decision who is in the wrong, they just arrest everybody. And they are usually our counter accusations especially by men. Abusive women do it as well, there's just less physically abusive women.

6 hours ago, cinsays said:

Yes!  If you want to know his side, then do what another poster wrote, get him on a remote feed if he can't be there. I don't like Brandon or Taylor and I think they both lie and are not good people. And she STILL does not see that posting that video about being a single lady was a bad thing to do.

I would think Brandon refused to be on camera, high anxiety don't cha know?  I'm sure if the show could have gotten his crazy ass on screen they would have loved it for the drama.  They just couldn't have them in the same room at the same time.  Brandon liked to have control over the videos, even with is having to go to the bathroom in the decision episode.  He escaped taping the wedding night.

5 hours ago, GettingGray said:

I read the production crews left and remote cameras were installed.  I understand that it is the same setup that was used in the upcoming show that follows the successful couples that will begin airing in the near future.

COVID-19 isolate at home after being married at first sight is interesting to me.

4 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

Thank you. I've been saying this since the day he opened his mouth about his anxiety issues. A man who has a panic attack when a camera is in his face would not put himself in the position of being filmed on a daily basis. No amount of money or promise of "fame" could lure him, let alone the chance for true love. He may have some kind of disorder, but anxiety ain't it.

Anxiety can be a symptom of many mental illness.  A beer salesmen who goes to festivals and crowded bars is not consistent with a primary diagnosis of social anxiety.  It's not consistent with a secondary diagnosis of social anxiety.  It just isn't "social anxiety" although I'm sure he gets anxiety when he does something fucked up in a social situation.

4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Sure, but they could have interviewed Brandon separately or Zoomed him in or had him call in - we’re all communicating with each other from afar right now, we know it can be done. Not getting his side of the story was a choice.

Production would have no reason to not have Brandon tell his side on Zoom.  You know Brandon was rarely cooperative.  He may have made some outrageous demands regarding the interview conditions.  

Edited by Kira53
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Why not a black cast member? I could totally see Taylor as being the one that told Derek. I think she's the type that wants to be in any man's good graces and will betray a girlfriend just to get in that man's good favor.

Meka said it wasn't her, we know it wasn't Michael or Brandon so that only leaves Taylor.  And quite frankly, I think Taylor would keep Katie's secrets.  I don't think she would have told Derek unless she was trying to get with Derek...and I don't see her going after Derek. 

I think Jessica would be offended at Katie cheating on Derek and tell Austin (who would then tell Derek).

Zach wouldn't care.

I think Mindy wouldn't get involved unless it involved her.  Since Mindy was so angry Katie went out with Zach, I think Mindy is the one who told Derek (with Jessica & Austin backing her up).

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Production would have no reason to not have Brandon tell his side on Zoom.  You know Brandon was rarely cooperative.  He may have made some outrageous demands regarding the interview conditions.  

This is a point, as well as he may have just declined to be filmed, so there's that. But whatever the case, if I couldn't hear both sides I would've rather not have been subjected to Taylor's rambling tale & the juvenile gang up session.

• Love 6