Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Season 10 Reunion

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

What if she had gotten pregnant?  How Reckless Was that is that?  Derrick dodged a bullet I didn't know had been shot.

Evidently the ex dodged a bullet as well. Both Derek and the ex can breathe a sigh of relief!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

WHY wasn't Brandon there? They should've said! Ya. There's a restraining order, but they still coulda interviewed him. Guess he refused the invite. Prolly demanded another apology that never came. 😂

3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

To be fair, Mindy was also in a shit situation and didn’t walk away. I gave her a lot of credit for loving up to the commitment she made to stick it out for 8 weeks so I have to give that same credit to Taylor. It pains me because I don’t much like Taylor and I do think she was all about building her brand and getting camera time, but I don’t want to be hypocritical.

For all we know Mindy was working on publicity for her skating school, or wherever she works. (Shannie is also her boss; she mentioned that earlier in the season).  I'm not saying that's what she was doing by sticking it out. But my point is everyone who goes on this show is subject to speculation & judgement of motives. It'll always be a terrible risk for anyone honestly looking for a mate.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Lindz said:

WHY wasn't Brandon there? They should've said! Ya. There's a restraining order, but they still coulda interviewed him. Guess he refused the invite. Prolly demanded another apology that never came. 😂

I’m assuming the space they had wasn’t sufficient to allow them to comply with their mutual protective orders. I suppose they could have interviewed him on a different day but that would have been an extra expense.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Michael was Brandon's representative, involuntarily, & couldn't just say, "No comment" or "I'm done discussing this."? He ran out of the hot seat! Such a PUNK! FINALLY, the last of that bus footage from a different day!

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2
On 4/23/2020 at 3:14 AM, drivethroo said:

All the bars in the DC/MD/VA region and Taylor decides to take her new man to the bar she knows Brandon frequents?  Let's grow up and stop with the play play: Taylor went to that bar to get a reaction out of Brandon. She knew what she was doing and she got what she deserved.  It's not all Brandon's fault, although he should not be giving Taylor or the producers of this show material to work with.

Michael shouldn't have been forced to be Brandon's mouthpiece.  He saw the agenda that was being played, called them out on it and that's why Kevin Frazier got mad. If Brandon wants to act a fool on TV & the producers run with that narrative, that's on Brandon. That has nothing to do with Michael and he shouldn't have been put in that position.  The producers could have reached out to Brandon to do a Skype/Zoom/Pretaped Segment.  If Brandon refused, just have Kevin say they had reached out to Brandon to tell his side of the story but he refused.  The end.

While Michael lies and needs to go on somewhere with the lies, Meka runs her mouth too much for my tastes.  She does not need to air a hot take about everything.  Be quiet and listen sometimes.

Mindy is on the too trusting side and I think that's why Shannie & some other friends are protective of her.  There is no reason for Mindy to want to ever revisit a friendship with Lindsay under the guise of Lindsay being part of the group.  There is no reason for Lindsay to be part of the group anymore because if she'll poach Mindy's mate, she's liable to poach any of their mates.  Shannie saw Lindsay for the hater she is and is finished with her.  Any friend of Mindy that remains friends with Lindsay is not a real friend to Mindy.

Katie thought she was so clever with her tricks and games and her slip got exposed on national tv.  You love to see it.  She dumped Derek to run back to the ex, only for the ex to hit it and quit it.  She thought Derek was too dumb to figure out what she was up to and too timid to go against her and she thought she had it all handled when she took him out to dinner to get him not to expose her.  Mindy is probably the cast member who told Derek how Katie really gets down.

Katie is not marriage material.  Her dad knew Derek was as good as Katie would ever get.  Katie will only bring negativity, narcissism and lies to any relationship she's in. Derek dodged a bullet.

I agree 100%  You can't turn a hoe into a housewife!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

WHY is Mindy such a doormat?? Put your foot down! Draw the line! Cut people out! She seems too concerned about others & needs to put herself FIRST & NOT settle for less than she wants. It's okay to want what you want. 😂

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lindz said:

WHY is Mindy such a doormat?? Put your foot down! Draw the line! Cut people out! She seems too concerned about others & needs to put herself FIRST & NOT settle for less than she wants. It's okay to want what you want. 😂

She, Derek and to a lesser extent Taylor were begging people last week to stop cyberbullying Katie for her behavior throughout the season. They were asking people to please be kind to her. Derek is a better human than me, because I'm not defending anyone whose brother thinks it's okay to publicly threaten me. 

• Love 7

Meka's "video" list would be: HONEST!!!! & Employed😂😂
Michael's would be: PASSIVE & ACCEPTING
Brandon's: ON CALL & PUSHOVER
Derek's: ACCEPTING & CHILL
Katie's: DOMINANT
Zach's: ATTRACTIVE & MUTE
Mindy's: RESPECTFUL & ARTICULATE

• Love 1

I actually understand struggling with not being attracted to someone's looks and not knowing how to grow the attraction. Luckily, I wasn't married at first sight. 😅 The problem is, Zach CLAIMED he was tryna figure it out when he really wasn't. MAJORLY FOUL!! I believe there is a threshold for looks and if it isn't met, it's difficult to proceed and compensate for the deficit.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Lindz said:

I actually understand struggling with not being attracted to someone's looks and not knowing how to grow the attraction. Luckily, I wasn't married at first sight. 😅 The problem is, Zach CLAIMED he was tryna figure it out when he really wasn't. MAJORLY FOUL!! I believe there is a threshold for looks and if it isn't met, it's difficult to proceed and compensate for the deficit.

I actually think it was not her looks that were the problem. I think Zack felt dumb talking to her. Mindy is kind of classy and Zack desperately wants too look smart. He is like Zoolander without the heart.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Don't the producers verify where people work? I'm sure somewhere on forms they complete there is a question about employers.

Michael says he is a yoga teacher. The producers can check the yoga studio website for teacher bios and class schedules. Why didn't they do that?

Did they know it wasn't true and went with it for drama???

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Don't the producers verify where people work? I'm sure somewhere on forms they complete there is a question about employers.

Michael says he is a yoga teacher. The producers can check the yoga studio website for teacher bios and class schedules. Why didn't they do that?

Did they know it wasn't true and went with it for drama???

After everything that went down with Mia a couple seasons ago, I have zero faith in the thoroughness of their vetting process.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I actually think it was not her looks that were the problem. I think Zack felt dumb talking to her. Mindy is kind of classy and Zack desperately wants too look smart. He is like Zoolander without the heart.

The YouTube therapist, Stephanie Lee, had suggested this early in the season, that his senseless babbling might impress the brainless beauties some thought he might go for, but that Mindy quickly realized he’s not too bright, in words to that effect.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 4/24/2020 at 7:58 PM, Your Grace said:

There is a lot of excellent, peer reviewed scholarship that talks about black depiction and representation in the media.  There is scholarship that talks about the impact of that representation on actual black people both within our communities and how we we our viewed outside of our communities. 

That may not be how you feel, but it is also not an idea that lacks evidence.

The original poster asked why Michael may be concerned about trashing a black man on TV when white people do it all the time.  This idea, the evidence of this idea, and his own lived experience of this may be why.

A scholarly book that is geared to the layperson, Stamped from the Beginning, supports this. The author says that although he has been a scholar in the field, he was surprised about the origins of some ideas he held.  It’s an enlightening book, but is only for those who want to expand their knowledge of racism and not to convince people racism exists. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 4/22/2020 at 9:19 PM, gonecrackers said:

The Aussie group looks pretty tawdry.

They sure did. Seeing that really made it clear that this show is looking for drama and not successful marriages. Not a big shocker but I sort of feel they started out legitimately trying to match people, now its just another reality dumpster fire.  

Katie - Bye, may I never see your smug face again. 

Taylor may very well be an opportunistic fame ho but that in no way makes any of Brandon's behavior more acceptable. 2 wrongs make 2 wrongs.  He is a nut case ready to blow. 

Someone (Maybe on here) described Meka as a woodpecker to the side of the head and seriously she is, But what she is saying is right on. Michael is full on pathological liar, but he shouldn't have been expected to speak for Brandon. 

Zach = garbage. He and Katie would make an amazingly self absorbed, ego maniacal couple.  Mindy you can do way better.

Austen and Jessica are sweet. I'm glad they worked out. 

Edited by lauralu
  • Love 11
On 4/25/2020 at 10:14 PM, Chalby said:

When Michael said that he didn't believe Taylor's story because "he saw the pictures", I became confused. I am sure Taylor left out a ton of real dialogue and actions between her and Brandon BUT even if there's a picture of her having sex with some guy on the barroom table, who cares? They were split, done, finito. She can do what she wants, where she wants. Brandon had the choice to stay and ignore her, or leave. It's not that difficult to do, if indeed, no feelings were attached. Perhaps these two did have a torrid relationship either during the 8 weeks, or previous to filming, or after decision day. All I know. is there were far too many meltdowns (on both sides) for a couple who doesn't even like each other. What's the real story. And could somebody please tell me what the heck is Michael's real job, and why couldn't Meka just phone him using his work number instead waiting for the next great storyline?

He may have seen a picture of wounds on Brandon.  That’s what I thought when he first said it.  I see now how it could be pictures of Taylor and “the guy friend” getting cozier than Taylor let on.  

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 3:08 PM, spunky said:

Meka had an Instagram live yesterday and Dr. Viviana,  Taylor,  Derek and Shannie were all over the comments.  Meka is working on a you tube channel. I just found it weird that Dr. Viviana was communicating with them as though she was part of their inner circle. 

Did Dr. V have a "ten" tattoo?

• LOL 6
37 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

I wanted to close the books on the swimming with dolphins in Jamaica...

Michael bought 2 Dolphin Encounter tickets for $65 each (discounted from $99) but no planes tix or hotel reservations.

Par the course....

Either they're fully refundable, he gifted them to someone else, or Michael & Brandon took a trip. 😏

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Either they're fully refundable, he gifted them to someone else, or Michael & Brandon took a trip. 😏

With Groupon you can get a refund with a credit toward another Groupon...

Michael might just use it on a Groupon date with Tiffany Haddish....lucky gal...

• LOL 2
On 4/27/2020 at 1:18 AM, Lindz said:

That's probably why she was looking for a strong husband protector who would intervene when she is being taken advantage of...Zach was never going to be a knight in shining armor.

Going to miss MAFS was a nice distraction from the tiresome Covid Virus.

• Love 2
On 4/28/2020 at 6:54 PM, DrewPaul2010 said:

Going to miss MAFS was a nice distraction from the tiresome Covid Virus.

But wait!

There's more MAFS!...APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE!

Tonite Kevin hosts an update show with past couples needing to cash a Lifetime check or fame whoring by letting cameras back in.

Plus a segment on Dr. Blondie and Molly's ex...the seduction, their sex life, the shame and now redemption/upcoming nuptials  (all that is made up ...more like a wish list)

Next Wednesday, JamieO hosts a clip show  highlighting the 10 seasons of honeymoon fiascos memories.

Next Next Wednesday, JamieO (again) hosts yet another clip show of old stuff we have already seen in slo-mo, backwards, upside down and inside out.....you've been warned that it is entirely regurgitated footage.....

Take the time now to mark an X on the wall to hit your head against as you watch this shows.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 4/24/2020 at 12:40 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

You know, I don't think I ever posted this, but every time I see that scene, I keep thinking that his list of dreams is awesome AND totally doable, and her reaction was so over the top that that was when I knew she was just awful. 

(I'll add that both my husband AND my daughter have written really good Christmas songs -- and we're Jewish). 

My problem with Derek's dreams is that he doesn't appear to have done anything to accomplish them.  I'm not saying writing a Christmas song is easy, but you have two people in your family who have done it.  Seems to me a person who is serious about doing it would just do it instead of dreaming about it. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

My problem with Derek's dreams is that he doesn't appear to have done anything to accomplish them.  I'm not saying writing a Christmas song is easy, but you have two people in your family who have done it.  Seems to me a person who is serious about doing it would just do it instead of dreaming about it. 

Huh.... I didn't know there was a time limit on fulfilling your dreams.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
51 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Huh.... I didn't know there was a time limit on fulfilling your dreams.

At a certain point they become just talking out your ass.  Katie was in a hurry to have a baby, and some of Derek's dreams would be a lot harder with a kid in tow.  So it wouldn't be unreasonable to try to ascertain how important his dreams are to him, to assess whether he's up to putting in extra effort.  And if he hasn't put in any effort yet, when things are easy, that's telling.

• Love 3
On 4/25/2020 at 10:11 AM, sasha206 said:

I don't blame him for his lack of attraction.  It happens.  Maybe he watched Nick Pendergast's season and decided he would rather be absent than do this.  

I had never seen that clip before (I have been hit and miss with MAFS). Nick was a complete jerk as far as communication. Rather than deal with what was being asked of him, he pulled a Zach. What happens to those people who fall completely in love with the outer shell, while the inner personality sucks? I felt that both Nick and Zach used the 'not physically attracted' card to get out of their perceived jail. They did even try.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I felt that both Nick and Zach used the 'not physical attracted' card to get out of their perceived jail.

Nick was/is a dumbass.  I am sorry if he had a negative turn of events recently, but it does not change the fact he was a disasterous choice for the show.

Zach is a ho.

Edited by Liberty
to add "Zack is a Ho"
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

At a certain point they become just talking out your ass.  Katie was in a hurry to have a baby, and some of Derek's dreams would be a lot harder with a kid in tow.  So it wouldn't be unreasonable to try to ascertain how important his dreams are to him, to assess whether he's up to putting in extra effort.  And if he hasn't put in any effort yet, when things are easy, that's telling.

Yeah, I didn't like Katie for various reasons and I'm glad Derek dodged a bullet and divorced her.  However, I thought the whole "dreams' stuff was fishy and some made up BS for the show because, otherwise, what was preventing him from accomplishing them?  I realize that some of the dreams might take more time and effort than others, but I don't understand why he can't just write a damn Christmas song if that's what he really wants to do.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Liberty said:

Zach is a ho.

I feel like Zach has a "Ho" within him, fighting to get out, but we haven't heard anything about him being sexual with anyone else. Maybe he's another "Luke" and he just looks for excuses to explain why he's not attracted to any one female.

• Love 1
On 4/29/2020 at 9:04 AM, humbleopinion said:

But wait!

There's more MAFS!...APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE!

Tonite Kevin hosts an update show with past couples needing to cash a Lifetime check or fame whoring by letting cameras back in.

Plus a segment on Dr. Blondie and Molly's ex...the seduction, their sex life, the shame and now redemption/upcoming nuptials  (all that is made up ...more like a wish list)

Next Wednesday, JamieO hosts a clip show  highlighting the 10 seasons of honeymoon fiascos memories.

Next Next Wednesday, JamieO (again) hosts yet another clip show of old stuff we have already seen in slo-mo, backwards, upside down and inside out.....you've been warned that it is entirely regurgitated footage.....

Take the time now to mark an X on the wall to hit your head against as you watch this shows.

I watched the first 3-4 seasons and just came back for this season so this may be of interest to me.

• Love 3
On 4/26/2020 at 9:47 PM, Lindz said:

We'll never know if Zach would've put on a better show with a bride he was attracted to or actually built a marriage. Kevin should've asked him that.

I found that after the honeymoon episode, watching Zach talk and talk while saying absolutely nothing was exhausting. I appreciate Mindy's patience and willingness to let him ramble on, but I was wishing I could get into her head for 3 minutes, just to take over her words. "Shut the Hell up, Zach! You are so busy dancing around the issue of why you won't honour your contract, you're intentionally talking nonsense, hoping we'll all zone out and forget what the actual question was. You're a shell of man, narcissistic to a fault, and now the world can see you for who you are, a little instagram bitch. I am not wasting another second just for you to get face time." (Ta-Da! Mindy's mic drop.) Ah well, that's filed away in my fantasy episode... lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 4/29/2020 at 2:00 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

After much contemplation while in my COVID cocoon I have decided that this was producer driven because these two had no substance, so producers could see the end and threw in anything to provide an easy out. Derrick is like a St Bernard simply waiting for direction, while Katie is... well, you know... Eeeww.

He has his list of 'dreams' that Katie craps all over. It is not his statement of 'life goals', but more leaning towards a fantasy bucket list. And Katie's fake objections were so poorly acted.

Take, for example, the Christmas song idea. Katie could have whipped out her phone, and on the spot said, "Okay Derrick, let's start with a Christmas poem. Three stanzas and a chorus, then we can add music later. They didn't even have enough personality/ imagination to film themselves pretending to go through the motions." This is not rocket science...

Okay... HELP... I need a life as I can't seem to get off Primetimer forums. Then again, I have no reason to get off the computer, or get up, or get dressed, or... 

Nevermind, going to 90 Days now... lol

• LOL 3

Instead of watching this crapfest of a season over again, I have been watching the Couples Couch episodes - they are hilarious. I was astounded how Anthony picked up on what a creep zachass is from the first episode I watched (I did skip the 'selection' process, announcement of matched couples and everything prior to the weddings.) AJ was pretty astute as regards a few of the grooms and I really loved his statements of how he identified with one of the brides who experienced some of the same struggles he did - alhtough I don't remember which bride it was - as well as expressing empathy for those who were having a tough time with the the filming process. IIRC, he used to come across as very defensive, but now seems much calmer - which I attribute to the influence of SAF Stef - who is still definitely SAF. I'm not even half way through and it seems all the couples have seen right through zachass. There was another person in one of the couples who picked up really quickly on all the signs that Brandon wasn't fooling anyone of Taylor's friends/family, but I don't remember who that was. Since AFAICS many of the couples reactions are truly spontaneous, I believe they have all really gained a lot of insight and marriage-smarts - certainly a helluva lot more than I had at their ages. Glad I have something to take up my time on this cold/rainy day.

• Love 3