Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Season 10 Reunion

• Start Topic

Lordie, Meka is so judgemental and she goes after everyone in that machine gun way. No wonder Michael just shut  up and walked away - tonight and in the marriage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Michael gets on my nerves but I like how he's handling this situation with Brandon and Taylor. It's not fair that they're putting him in the position of speaking for Brandon and I think he's handling it well.

... These are some shitty people (Michael, Brandon, Taylor, Zach, and Katie). This cast was really a bust.

The one time I agreed with Michael. He’s not Branden’s representative and it’s not his job.

• Love 22
31 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I fully believe that Katie told Derek not to mention this on TV and she was caught off guard that he did, and that's why she's so mad. She's not used to being defied. She was caught off guard and embarrassed about being outed as a cheater on TV. That's why she was trying to justify it with her "we were on a break" shit and when Derek broke down the timeline (come through with the receipts, Derek!), she reverted to calling him fake. I liked Derek more in the last 15 minutes than I did all season (and I liked him this season).

The only hope for Katie to change her behavior is to get called on it more, so I'm thrilled that Derek did this. (And that he's no longer married to her. She SUCKS.)

Yes! She couldn’t believe he did that! I guess he’s more assertive than she banked on. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
30 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I fully believe that Katie told Derek not to mention this on TV and she was caught off guard that he did, and that's why she's so mad. She's not used to being defied. She was caught off guard and embarrassed about being outed as a cheater on TV. That's why she was trying to justify it with her "we were on a break" shit and when Derek broke down the timeline (come through with the receipts, Derek!), she reverted to calling him fake. 

Agree 100%.  Derek told the truth and put her in her place!

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, SideofSlaw said:

The one time I agreed with Michael. He’s not Branden’s representative and it’s not his job.

That's basically what I said on some other episode (the car to the funeral) where the women were badgering Michael about Brandon's whereabouts and purpose. Brandon would be the first to say, "You want to know about me? Ask ME." 

Michael seethed throughout the rest of tonight's show. 

Both Zach and Katie were on the hunt during their marriages. Nice. 

• Love 11

My personal take is that I think there was no reason to bring up the court incident with Brandon and Taylor, it didn't happen during the season and it just wasn't right.  I'm glad that Michael protested it was warranted.  As far as Brandon is concerned I wouldn't doubt that he has an anxiety disorder and a lot of the process was more than he could handle.  I'm not trying to defend his behaviour it's just that I feel he did enough damage during the show but I don't think it's right or fair to then in turn do what they did tonight it was petty and wrong.  Once again I have to question the professionals on this show as they allowed this. They turned a bad situation into a circus.

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, Medsed said:

First...why not just read the court pleadings or whatever to us...why put anyone in the middle of this...

Exactly! They did not need to ask all the other's about it.

5 minutes ago, endure said:

My personal take is that I think there was no reason to bring up the court incident with Brandon and Taylor, it didn't happen during the season and it just wasn't right.

Agree! The producers will do anything for drama. Taylor didn't even know how far she and Brandon were to stay away from each other!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

At least now we know why Brandon was uninvited to the reunion. The fact that both he and Taylor were arrested and have restraining orders against each other, yet he was the one who couldn’t come to the reunion says all I needed to know about him. He’s probably one of those “If I can’t have you, no one else can” types. Hopefully Taylor’s new man is a real man and not an abusive jerk. 
Did Michael really try to use the “we’re both black” card in reference to Brandon,on Kevin who is also a black man? I agree with Kevin, Brandon and by extent Michael are both an embarrassment to Black people. Michael gives me strong Black Hebrew Israelites vibes, with his beads, trying to control Meka with lies and now his refusal to go against Brandon because he’s black. As a black woman if I had to choose between them and Zach, I’m going with Zach because he’s less of an embarrassment.

Derek finally found his voice and was shutting Katie down left and right. There’s a woman out there who will love and appreciate him for who he is. Katie can go back to her ex.....oh right I forgot he hit it and quit it. She’s such a fool and is perfect for her dog. Mindy should have just shut Zach out once she asked for a divorce. Of course she wasn’t going to get a straight answer from Zach. I’m honestly surprised that it was Zach and Katie who hooked up, I was genuinely hoping it was Derek and Taylor.

• Love 13

So how drunk were all the women “friends” when they decided to get matching tattoos? How much did Mindy side-eye her good “friend” Katie hitting on Zach?

And how much do I finally appreciate nurse Jessica, who likely buried that tattoo where the sun doesn’t shine.

Edited by buttersister
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11

Katie, we didn't like during the show and were really hoping Derek would say NO on decision day.  Now we know about your affair with the X, asking Derek not to mention it on the reunion show, and drinks+who knows with Zach, and that awful green dress.

Just when we thought you couldn't do anything worse, you do. AND you were matched with probably one of the best guys ever on this show. 

Katie you really are in a contest with yourself!

• Love 24

I'm really sick and tired of both Katie and Taylor, they're both as bad as some of the guys particularly Zach.  I'm cutting a bit of slack for both Michael and Brandon now because I think they may have mental health issues.

• Love 22
11 minutes ago, buttersister said:

So how drunk were all the women “friends” when they decided to get matching tattoos? How much did Mindy side-eye her good “friend” Katie hitting on Zach?

And how much do I finally appreciate nurse Jessica, who likely buried that tattoo where the sun doesn’t shine.

Are healthcare workers allowed to have tattoos that show? For some reason, I think I've heard that they must cover them up. 

I'm so glad this season is over. I don't think I could take another week of all the double talk and fake drama. For sure, I won't be watching that Australian crap fest.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, potatochips said:

Are healthcare workers allowed to have tattoos that show? For some reason, I think I've heard that they must cover them up. 

I'm so glad this season is over. I don't think I could take another week of all the double talk and fake drama. For sure, I won't be watching that Australian crap fest.

No idea, but when I had heart surgery this past fall, the nurse (male) had neck and hand tattoos.  

• Love 5

Still watching - has there ever been a more insufferable smug douchebag than Zach?  I don't know why anyone would go on this show for fame or "publicity" but I believe it with him - when they go to show a series of clips of him being an ass, his face just lights up to watch it!  I noticed it on Jamie O's show too.  And if he's reading this I would like to say this:  If you don't want to wear socks, you need to buy some other shoes asshole.  I noticed that on Jamie O's show too.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

Oh my goodness, yes! I had to rewind the whole talking-about-the-tattoos thing, just to focus solely on Jessica and Austin’s faces. I love them but it was kinda funny. They both seemed pretty perturbed or annoyed with the situation. They kept kinda looking sideways at each other and were obviously on the same page. I think there was even an eye roll or two in there. I think Jessica really regretted doing it (and letting herself be talked into it when she was really a ‘hard no’) and Austin just didn’t seem to like it. I dare say, you are correct, OnTime! My money is on Jessica having already made the first appointment for removal!

I was thinking the same thing.Bet she already got that shit lasered the F off! I would have like the next day. 
I wouldn’t want anymore association with what is mostly a horrible group of people. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

So any great moments in this reunion.  My favorite that I haven’t already seen mentioned.  When Derek said he promised the other ladies he would not name who told him Katie had slept with her Ex 2 days after the honeymoon, Meka immediately said wasn’t her.  The rest of the ladies....crickets....lol...  Jessica looks down and fidgets....I don’t doubt Derek’s story at all.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 18

Now that the season is over, I kind of feel guilty for ragging on Katie so much.

But, in my own defense, low hanging fruit and all that...

Oh, and low hanging also applies to her boobs in that dress.

There I go again ragging on Katie!  Somebody stop me!  ; )

Edited by rebel2u
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4

Katie needs to take a good, long look in the mirror and figure out what she needs to change, and then do it. What a wretched woman. I'm not a supporter of corporal punishment, but if ever a child should have been spanked growing up, it was her. Thank God Derek came to his senses before he went much further down that road.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

So any great moments in this reunion.  My favorite that I haven’t already seen mentioned.  When Derek said he promised the other ladies he would not name who told him Katie had slept with her Ex 2 days after the honeymoon, Meka immediately said wasn’t her.  The rest of the ladies....crickets....lol...  Jessica looks down and fidgets....I don’t doubt Derek’s story at all.  

Felt like Katie was trying to out whoever told Derek by saying that person misunderstood what she’d said.  Not sure how you could misunderstand a hookup that Katie was likely very proud of. 

Edited by Soup333
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

Zach= gives time and attention to frumpy Lindsey and chinless Katie but isn't attracted to lovely Mindy. WTF, Zach? 

I only wish Michael would have stayed in his chair and flat out told Kevin he wasn't there to defend Brandon so let's move on. Instead he gets up and walks away. Typical Michael. 

Taylor is scary. She plans out her deception and then takes no blame. She was stumbling all over herself with that arrest explanation and Kevin could see right through her.  

Mindy needs a little therapy to unravel why she feels the need to try to make things right with people in her life that have no respect for her and treat her like a door mat. I hope she never speaks to Katie again but something tells me she will since they're all such "good friends". Shannie wants nothing to do with Lindsey but Mindy reached out to her? Unbelievable. 

• Love 21
9 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah what's with these women wanting to show so much boobage?  It's nice to put on a sexy dress but Meka and Katie look like they're dressed for the club. 

Kevin Frazier looks rough around the eyes.

Boobage, garbage.  I love Kevin Frazier.  At least he gets to the point, not like those other three dummies.

• Love 9

Thank goodness they put Kevin Frazier on instead of those three dumbbells.  They are worthless.  He was the best out of all of them.  He made sense and asked what we were all thinking.

I feel sorry for Katie’s Dad.  No peace.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! Oi, Oi, Oi!

And Ai-yi-yi! 

Crikey, the brides look like "Rough Housewives of the Outback"! The grooms look like "Frat Life Down Under"! 

I'm in. 

You should be the next “expert”.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, JustDuckie said:

Good thing the next installment of MAFS will be coming to us from Australia. Dr Pepper and friends need some time to re-evaluate their professional expertise criteria for these match-ups. 1 for 4 is not very impressive. This group was a sh*tshow.

Time for a change up.  Pepper & Friends are useless.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Katie and Zach got drinks.  Yeah. That seems about right.  I am not surprised to hear it was her idea.  She is something else.

Great choice.  They deserve one another.  Both full of themselves and whacko.

Derek made my night.  I didn’t think he had it in him.  Nice surprise.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Katie and Zach? Well, that would have been a disaster if that had gone beyond drinks. 
Aw, Austin and Jessica! 
It’s been fun snarking with you all. Until next season which will probably tank too because it’s the same three ‘experts’ in New Orleans. 

Oh shit !

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

So, Kaite's a slut, Derek grew a pair, Jaustin are simply too adorable for words, Taylor just can't stop being a flakey fabricator, Meka, incredibly, felt the need to apologize to Michael who still gives nothing but lies and a stone wall, Zak's a whorish predator, and Mindy's still a class act, even when acknowledging her use of an expletive when hearing about KatZak.

The second Katie admitted it was she who hooked up with Zakass, I thought 'of course'. Katie is so damn insecure she thinks she can boink her way into self-esteem. No wonder she was always trying to tear Derek down - his open posture and welcoming facial expressions said it all - he's a good guy who gave that little twit the benefit of far too many doubts. And she knows it. And knows that everybody else knows it too.

When Mindy was talking about the kids she works with having a competition (or was it performance?) very soon, I wondered if she was so familiar with 'stage' make-up that she just doesn't remember to tone it down for her everyday look.

Haven't read the rest of the board yet, but I'm hoping someone gives the info about the multi-MAFS-alumni show, the notice was gone before I realized what it was.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Katie needs to take a good, long look in the mirror and figure out what she needs to change, and then do it. What a wretched woman. I'm not a supporter of corporal punishment, but if ever a child should have been spanked growing up, it was her. Thank God Derek came to his senses before he went much further down that road.

Katie was so wrong for this show in every way.  Derek didn’t deserve this.  I went to sleep early as I thought the reunion was going to be a bust.  I was happily surprised it wasn’t.  I’m not thrilled with Australia or the three experts coming back.  The show should have started fresh.  This group was BAD.  Kudos to Derek, Austin, Jessica and Kevin Frasier.  Oh, and Mindy.

• Love 7

I LOVED that Katie cried when Austin knelt down and gave Jess the ring - talk about grand romantic gesture! IMO, Katie would kill for that moment, but she's never gonna get/deserve it because she has no clue how to, or intention of, giving of herself.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:

I think Jessica really regretted doing it (and letting herself be talked into it when she was really a ‘hard no’) and Austin just didn’t seem to like it. I dare say, you are correct, OnTime! My money is on Jessica having already made the first appointment for removal!

Jess just has to stroll down to the Dermatology Department and ask some Derm residents to zap her regret tat.

They would do it for free to get some practice with the laser.

Austin may go get a beer with a Derek but the rest of the grooms he will never socialize with them.

Jess will offer to throw the bridal shower for the next bride to get engaged...she’s Midwest nice...her crock pot is always ready....

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, TMI said:

Katie needs a dress that fits.

Katie...communicative=nagging

She came off looking like a bitch.  Worse than during the marriage parts even.  She was always still stuck on her ex.

9 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Is Katie kidding me ? She justified going on a date with Zach by saying “ it was before the show aired so I didn’t see what he was like !?” Yet her and Mindy got matching tattoos because the girls are such good friends  ? Lol . 
can you just imagine if Derek and one of the other girls had gone out on a date . Katie would have blown a gasket . She really is a terrible person and deserves the bottom of the barrel . 

I like Mindy , but Come on .  Shanny sees that Lindsay is a piece of 💩, and she isn’t even the one who was betrayed by her . Why would you want that as a friend ? And while you’re at it , dump Katie as a Friend too . 
ah what I would do to see Mindy and Derek end up dating . 

Omg yes.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, TMI said:

Katie is a Tramp....and  cheat....

Derrek...only she knows  what love is like.....I don"t know where she gets such a HUGE EGO.

I don't need their. Her attitude is brittle.

In the early part of the discussion on the set about Brandon, Michael gave up one tidbit.  He said in court Brandon said that he knew from Day 1 he wasn't into the marriage with Taylor.

I think this supports the idea...Brandon found out about her trying to get on reality shows, and other fame seeking activities, whereby like for IG fame, he was just going to be fodder for her posts and imdb resume.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, OnTime said:

Exactly! They did not need to ask all the other's about it.

Agree! The producers will do anything for drama. Taylor didn't even know how far she and Brandon were to stay away from each other!

But it does show Brandon to be more like what I thought he was . He was always so angry.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, After7Only said:

My guess is that it was Taylor. 

Jessica is possible, because she seems very into doing the right thing/being honest (she was the one to call out Zach while the others stayed quiet) but I don’t think she would have kept quiet. I think she’d have been open about having told Derek the truth. 

• Love 5