Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: Ain't No Party Like a Hamptons Party

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Snoop Dog lives next door to Martha Stewart on Dune Road in the Hamptons I believe.  He’s not white.  If I’m wrong, please correct me.

One black person. That sort of makes the point. And he still isn't at the parties. The point is that it is insanely insular, the world these women live in. So Snoop lives in the Hamptons? He's not hanging with the real housewives, and neither is Martha.

• Love 8

Another hysterical episode. What was on Sonya's and Dorinda's faces in bed? They had these clear colored peels on different parts of their face. It didn't look like pore strips. What was it?

Leah is pretty funny, I have to say. Her throwing the torches and then later saying, "I don't know, I was sort of thinking I was in Game of Thrones..." All the ladies throwing the tiki torches drink was beyond funny.

Dorinda making fun of Ramona for her "gentle voice" was hysterical too. I love how comfortable and thick skinned all the ladies are. I think they truly do have a lot of confidence and stuff going on that they aren't looking for the petty fights-- at least to the same extent as the BH and Atlanta housewives. They will fight over any tiny slight.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Another hysterical episode. What was on Sonya's and Dorinda's faces in bed? They had these clear colored peels on different parts of their face. It didn't look like pore strips. What was it?

Leah is pretty funny, I have to say. Her throwing the torches and then later saying, "I don't know, I was sort of thinking I was in Game of Thrones..." All the ladies throwing the tiki torches drink was beyond funny.

Dorinda making fun of Ramona for her "gentle voice" was hysterical too. I love how comfortable and thick skinned all the ladies are. I think they truly do have a lot of confidence and stuff going on that they aren't looking for the petty fights-- at least to the same extent as the BH and Atlanta housewives. They will fight over any tiny slight.

I was wondering this, as well.  I think they may be some sort of de-puffer treatment, but they had them all over their faces, not just under their eyes.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I, personally, thought she was referring to her idea of the stereotype that lines their yard with tiki torches. I assumed she was referring to people who put on airs and flaunt a lifestyle that they'd like to have; like rubbing shoulders with people who own $39 million dollar vacation homes, hiring personal trainers, and caterers, and lining the pool deck area with tiki torches. Her comment about Tinsley getting "all socialite" with her, I thought reinforced that. I took it as more of a classist statement than racist. Tho, personally, I have never considered tiki torches pretentious. Maybe she just thinks they're ugly.

On Watch What Happens Live Leah told Andy that she was referencing Charlottesville.  The other guest (Wendi McClendon Covey) agreed that everytime she sees a tiki torch she thinks of Charlottesville.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I was wondering this, as well.  I think they may be some sort of de-puffer treatment, but they had them all over their faces, not just under their eyes.  

I think they are those topical Botox patches.  Which I have been thisclose to buying for about a month now.  They’re in my cart....I just need to pull the trigger.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, film noire said:

Tinsley had a moment of personal - what, bravery? - in the pool, I thought. 

She didn't just strip off her bra, she removed it with a history of her ex, Topper, calling her breasts "little uglies" throughout their marriage (money can't buy you class indeed)  so if going bare in that moment helped exorcise Topper's cruelty, even just a little bit, good for her. 

I thought it was Tinsley's ex after Topper that did the "little uglies" routine on her but either way. I thought it was sweet that as drunk as Sonja and Leah were, they both told Tinsley that her boobs looked amazing (and they did!). Whether it was because of the history of that or because it was the drunk women propping each other up thing that happens - seriously, you need to feel empowered and beautiful? Walk into the bathroom at a club and let the confidence and love wash over you - it was a sweet moment in the midst of all the yelling and destruction. 

• Love 20
20 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Iit was a sweet moment in the midst of all the yelling and destruction. 

The destruction I saw was tiki torches laying in the yard, dirty dishes, a broken wine glass, and wine bottle in the pool. They had it all cleaned up in 20 minutes. No structural damage. Leah is smart-- she knows those tiki torches aren't that expensive, and also, she threw them- she didn't break them. I'd call it more a big mess than destruction.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 6

Those ladies were pigs.  Plain and simple.  And no, they aren’t really good friends. If I had a dinner party or just a regular party, I would never ask people to clean up. But a house party with my besties?  You bet I’d expect them to pitch in.  If I was staying with a real friend, I’d never tell my hostess that she should have hired help to clean up after my drunken piggishness.  Ditto for Ramona leaving for a party.  The women just aren’t that important to her.  I don’t think the other ladies really cared that she left either.  They were all over her just to create show drama.  I also bet that Ramona’s TH about John (who knows when it was filmed) was a setup easing things into the supposed Dorinda/John breakup.

And HOW do those women get so stinking drunk and still jump up in the morning with no apparent hangovers?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Rahul said:

If B was present she probably would have drawn the line at tikki torch tossing and told the others to get a grip. Leah acting she was in the nude Olympics competing in a javelin throw was next level behavior, even for this show.

I'm sorry (but not really) just remembering Leah doing that cracked me up again.  It went from "I think she'll be okay" when Leah had a drink to tossing the tiki torch in  no time flat.  The trailer for this episode was brilliant maybe better than the actual episode.  And "1985 IS OVER!" was probably my favorite line of the night.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Pattycake2 said:

And HOW do those women get so stinking drunk and still jump up in the morning with no apparent hangovers?

YES! I was in awe, only because I'm 20 year younger than most of them, and I would still be in bed all day if I got drunk like any of them. Two shots on top of a few glasses of wine I'd crippled the next day. No idea how these ladies do that. I'm pretty sure the aren't in the best of health, heart wise.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

The destruction I saw was tiki torches laying in the yard, dirty dishes, a broken wine glass, and wine bottle in the pool. They had it all cleaned up in 20 minutes. No structural damage. Leah is smart-- she knows those tiki torches aren't that expensive, and also, she threw them- she didn't break them. I'd call it more a big mess than destruction.

Oh, agreed. I didn't mean "destruction" in the structural, property sense. Just in the good clean tiki torch javelin tossing way. I've woken up the next morning in worse scenes than that after a good rager. 

• LOL 3

So she’s using him for companionship, cleaning clothes, taking her to restaurants and functions.  That’s not nice.  She’s stringing him along until someone better comes along, which I doubt.  She doesn’t even want him to sleep over.  User.

Which...changes nothing about what I said about John.

5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Sonja in her early days of RHONY was really charming. I'm sure she didn't act as sexed up back then as she does now.  She had a handsome, elegant look to her.  I could see a man of his means falling in love with her in her prime.

I actually still think she's gorgeous, but yes, she was always so beautiful (IMO)

• Like 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

It was sad.

But one good thing... no one seems to have those gigantic long fake finger nails and heavy thick fake eyelashes any more. I’m glad that phase is over.

And I saw Dorinda sneaking puffs from her vape thingy.

I saw that also. Once she was exhaling smoke and then a few minutes later she put something up to her mouth maybe an e cigarette or a vape thing. 

9 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

The point is that it is insanely insular, the world these women live in.

We don't know that though.  A few parties on a HW show doesn't define their lives outside of this show.  And even if that is their normal lives, who are we to say who they should or shouldn't hang out with?  Maybe some of their friends and acquaintances don't want to be in the background of this shit show. 

8 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

On Watch What Happens Live Leah told Andy that she was referencing Charlottesville. 

I don't remember the tiki torches part of the story, but if had,  I wouldn't act the fool and go on a rager at any tiki torches I came across.  Talk about misplaced anger!  I was worried that either Tinsley, Sonja or Leah was going to hit their head on the side of the pool. Yikes!   Drunk people in a pool with glass bottles is not a good idea.  I'm more surprised that nothing seems to embarrass these women enough to tone it down on the drinking. 

• Love 10

If I lived near Ramona, I’d be pissed to find out her guests were tossing tiki torches into the grass - it’s really stupid to play with fire. Leah’s daughter deserves better from her mother too - this woman is already a train wreck and the season has hardly begun. With bipolar disorder, is it okay to drink?

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, ChitChat said:

They are prime examples on why one shouldn't abuse alcohol.

I know, right? With different background music, this episode could have been a Scared Straight production.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I would have a difficult time eating off any of those plates even if they went through the dishwasher 10 times!  Those women hold themselves in such high regard because they're "high society," but they're just plain nasty sometimes.  

Sonja is particularly disgusting.  I have wondered if that as been a problem in her relationships.  Over the years she has iced her face in a bidet, reached her bare hand in a toilet and on this latest episode, relieved herself with the door open with tissue in hand and got up touching all over Leah.  Revolting.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Now he can finally marry a nubile young Armenian woman who will appreciate him! Yay!

Exactly. I spoke to his Mom at the cleaners and she tells that to everyone who walks in the door.

Plus they are really good at getting spaghetti sauce stains out of your 1000 count Egyptian cotton sheets. Just saying.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Exactly. I spoke to his Mom at the cleaners and she tells that to everyone who walks in the door.

Plus they are really good at getting spaghetti sauce stains out of your 1000 count Egyptian cotton sheets. Just saying.

What?  I think I need to know more.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

For someone who has played the game the entirety of this franchise, and longer than that, she is incredibly inept.  Ramona should insist on never again being filmed playing tennis, but that would require some self awareness.  Lu was moderately better, though was only mildly vollying.

Ramona was more concerned about trying to flash body parts to the tennis pro so he could see what a lithe sex kitten she is. Ugh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, ChitChat said:

We don't know that though.  A few parties on a HW show doesn't define their lives outside of this show.  And even if that is their normal lives, who are we to say who they should or shouldn't hang out with?  Maybe some of their friends and acquaintances don't want to be in the background of this shit show. 

I don't remember the tiki torches part of the story, but if had,  I wouldn't act the fool and go on a rager at any tiki torches I came across.  Talk about misplaced anger!  I was worried that either Tinsley, Sonja or Leah was going to hit their head on the side of the pool. Yikes!   Drunk people in a pool with glass bottles is not a good idea.  I'm more surprised that nothing seems to embarrass these women enough to tone it down on the drinking. 

I am on a board to discuss a "reality" show. This is supposed to reflect their "real" lives. We are all here, to discuss this.

So I have every right to make judgements on this board, that's the entire point of this board. I'm not sure how you don't understand that since you to are on this board. And I absolutely believe their world is that insular because that is what they choose to show. 

I enjoy watching it because they are amusing, but from how they portray themselves I would not want them in my life for real.

But again, this is a reality TV show where they parade their lives for judgement, now clearly they assume the judgement will be in their favor, but when it isn't no one gets to cry victim. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

So I have every right to make judgements on this board, that's the entire point of this board. I'm not sure how you don't understand that since you to are on this board.

I meant no attitude with my post, and I'd appreciate the same consideration.  It was merely an observation on my part, which is the point of this board.   Instead of me saying "who are we to say....", I should've said "who am I to say..."  so as not to sound judgmental on other posters, because that wasn't my intent. 🙂 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I would not call Leah smart for throwing a torch onto grass.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Hope someone tells Tynsley.

6 hours ago, nexxie said:

If I lived near Ramona, I’d be pissed to find out her guests were tossing tiki torches into the grass - it’s really stupid to play with fire.

It's the possblity of oil dripping out that bothered me, particularly with the dogs walking around outside.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

I actually suspected that Sonja wasn't as drunk as she pretended to be.  Not sure about Leah. Tynsley seemed to actually be affected by the drinking.  Sonja on the other hand looked like she was exagerating things to put on a show for the cameras.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I actually suspected that Sonja wasn't as drunk as she pretended to be.  Not sure about Leah. Tynsley seemed to actually be affected by the drinking.  Sonja on the other hand looked like she was exagerating things to put on a show for the cameras.

I think it's a combination of both.  Sonja's now has the look of a bloated alcoholic.  She definitely looked like she was drunk and also playing it up.  I guess she knows now that her only interesting storyline is to act like a sex hungry drunk cougar.

I also feel like Tinsley has issues with alcohol.  I bet she's done the fall asleep with pasta before.  She seemed way to gleeful for Leah to drink with her.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I thought the same thing.  I think that since Ramona and Mario divorced, Ramona doesn't play as much tennis as she used to.  You could tell while she was warming up with the tennis pro and when she and Luann were "playing" - she was always out of position, not following through on her shots, and her footwork was sloppy. 

She and Luann didn't even really play a set or even a real game - seems like they just volleyed back and forth for a bit.

I have a feeling that Ramona played tennis because Mario did, not because she enjoyed it.  Since Mario is gone, there is no reason for her to play, so she doesn't keep up the maintenance on the tennis court, which could be costly.

Looks like Ramoaner has a hip problem.  When she’s walks, she waddles from side to side, unless her age is catching up to her.  Cuntessa is in good shape.  Maybe it’s the yoga and good genes.  She’s very agile.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Looks like Ramoaner has a hip problem.  When she’s walks, she waddles from side to side, unless her age is catching up to her.  Cuntessa is in good shape.  Maybe it’s the yoga and good genes.  She’s very agile.

Could be but she's always had that waddle!

• Love 12
6 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

No kidding.  The place must be famous.  Ask the Mother if she likes Dorinda.  I was born in Queens.  😀

• LOL 2
18 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

One black person. That sort of makes the point. And he still isn't at the parties. The point is that it is insanely insular, the world these women live in. So Snoop lives in the Hamptons? He's not hanging with the real housewives, and neither is Martha.

No, I guess not.  We ride thru the Hamptons on the one road going out.  Most roads going into the rich neighborhoods are blocked off and gated .. big bushes so you can’t really see the houses.  I doubt the real stars mingle with the housewives.  They have their own click and stick together.  Not everyone is rich out there.  There are regular houses with white, black & Spanish people too.  There’s a mixture, like every other place.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

No kidding.  The place must be famous.  Ask the Mother if she likes Dorinda.  I was born in Queens.  😀

It is famous and I passed it many times. They are the go to place for complicated cleaning put they are on the pricey side. Supposedly John is a great cleaner.

Just goes to show you that no matter how good a cleaner you are you can never clean up the filthy mess that is Dorinda.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Could be but she's always had that waddle!

I actually was under the impression that it was a more recent thing, like the massive boob job had shifted her center of gravity 😉

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

It is famous and I passed it many times. They are the go to place for complicated cleaning put they are on the pricey side. Supposedly John is a great cleaner.

Just goes to show you that no matter how good a cleaner you are you can never clean up the filthy mess that is Dorinda.

I think it’s called “Madame Paulette’s or something like that?  I just googled John and his store.  Very interesting.  He doesn’t get the credit he deserves when you read all about him.  His family, his education, everything.  You all would be surprised.  He’s gotten a very bad rap on the show.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Useful 5
  • Love 13
26 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I think it’s called “Madame Paulette’s or something like that?

Yes it’s on Second Ave and 65th. I used to have a client over there who brought his dry cleaning there. He had nothing but good things to say about the family.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Yes it’s on Second Ave and 65th. I used to have a client over there who brought his dry cleaning there. He had nothing but good things to say about the family.

Read my post above.

4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Looks like Ramoaner has a hip problem.  When she’s walks, she waddles from side to side, unless her age is catching up to her

Sadly, I've seen people waddle when they walk due to knee and/or hip problems.  I've seen a lot of that with my dental patients who have ended up needing knee replacement surgery.  They certainly struggle when they walk.

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Those ladies were pigs.  Plain and simple.  And no, they aren’t really good friends. If I had a dinner party or just a regular party, I would never ask people to clean up. But a house party with my besties?  You bet I’d expect them to pitch in.  If I was staying with a real friend, I’d never tell my hostess that she should have hired help to clean up after my drunken piggishness.  Ditto for Ramona leaving for a party.  The women just aren’t that important to her.  I don’t think the other ladies really cared that she left either.  They were all over her just to create show drama.  I also bet that Ramona’s TH about John (who knows when it was filmed) was a setup easing things into the supposed Dorinda/John breakup.

I suspect there is a little something going on with this. They either are not thst drunk and are told by production to act crazy drunk or the day after that we see is not really filmed the day after these parties. There is no way that these women could get out of bed and not have horrendous hangovers. They would probably be stuck in the bathroom puking their guts out. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Sadly, I've seen people waddle when they walk due to knee and/or hip problems.  I've seen a lot of that with my dental patients who have ended up needing knee replacement surgery.  They certainly struggle when they walk.

It's sort of sad to see people being made fun of by the way they walk. I tore my MCL last fall when I slipped on ice in my driveway. I haven't completely recovered and I am extremely self conscious about the slight limp that I have developed. I know it's just temporary, but I hate walking in public now. 

• Love 1