Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: Ain't No Party Like a Hamptons Party

• Start Topic

Ok, I've had enough of the Hamptons.  Let's bring it back to the awesome backdrop that is NYC, society style. This show used to be filmed around  Autumn in to Christmas time, then they would usually take one trip to a warm climate in between.  I prefer that so much more. If I want to see pool parties, summer dresses, wedges and titties hanging out I can watch one of the other franchises. Time to break out the gorgeous cashmere sweaters, expensive designer boots and scarves.   

These women are looking really rough this season. Maybe it's the new super duper hi tech TV I just bought a couple of days ago. It shows every single wrinkle, line, sag, bag, bloat, dark eye circle and all the dry fried blonde hair on these women I ever want to see. Or maybe they have all hit the ceiling with the alcohol consumption and it's starting to show big time. Or maybe my other TV was shit and they have all looked like this for a long time. I dunno.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

I really worry about Sonja’s safety. The level and frequency of her drunkenness is troubling. More than ever she is hanging on to the past (which has been gone for about 15 years). What did old man Morgan ever see in her?

I don’t think Ramona put Lu in the basement- I think production did in order to get a rise out of her. That’s why Ramona has been so apologetic about it. Ramona is sending that message without breaking the fourth wall.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Ramona is a real bitch in the way she talks about John and Dorinda doesn’t really defend him. Dorinda loves to talk about all the things he is not.  Production had to insert a little nasty package in there to shade him.

John needs to leave these nasty drunken shipwrecks as fast as he can.

• Love 11

Aside from drunkenly ripping out the lights at Dorinda’s house in the Berkshires, didn’t Romana bring her dog (without asking if it was OK), and the dog proceeded to take multiple shits on various carpets? And walked right by a pile and ignored it?  I would rather clean up some dirty dishes and broken glass than try to get dog crap out of the antique silk Aubusson in my foyer.

Luanne is soooo thirsty for a man.  Between the tennis pro, and the dog groomer, my second hand embarrassment was on over drive.  She actually asked the dog groomer to give her a massage!!  And why would she ask the 2 men with an in-home dog grooming business if they made “house calls”??? Um, hello?  They were in a private home, providing their service.  I believe that is the definition of a house call.

I knew as soon as Romona said they weren’t going to her friends elegant Hamptons party, she meant the rest of the woman.  I knew Ramona would go! Ain’t no way Ramona would miss an opportunity to flirt awkwardly and gather more “dates”. 

Tinsley, Leah and Sonja shrieking and yelling at each other was not funny or entertaining. Leah May be new to this franchise, but Tinsley and Sonja getting drunk and slurring insults at each other is as old and boring as listening to Sonja’s faulty memories of her days as Lady Morgan.

• Love 16

Elyse may have had the best line I have ever heard on this show, when she said that if this group was in therapy together, the therapist would commit suicide. 

And the best/worst scene on this show ever for me was Sonja on the john, Leah holding onto her thighs, and Sonja waving at Leah the toilet paper that she had just held to her crotch. Just when you think I've seen everything, turns out I haven't.

Speaking of seeing everything, I have to thank Dorinda for covering up Leah's deflated boobs. I actually liked Dorinda in this epi, and thought Ramona was mean for continuing to make accusations about John. When she listed off all the things that John wasn't (assuming she is comparing him Mario) all I could think was that at least John hasn't left Dorinda for a woman half her age. 

I am not even shocked that Ramona left her own house full of company to go to another party. So Ramona. And why was Lu staying there in the first place when she only lives 10 minutes away? I would stay in my own home any day rather than someone else's, if I lived that close. I don't care what bedroom you might give me, I'd rather be in my own bed. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
15 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Ramona is a real bitch in the way she talks about John and Dorinda doesn’t really defend him. Dorinda loves to talk about all the things he is not.  Production had to insert a little nasty package in there to shade him.

John needs to leave these nasty drunken shipwrecks as fast as he can.

I believe Ramona, and we haven't been subjected to large doses of him in a while. Because when we are we see him groping other women and having drugged up fights with Dorinda. He's sleezy and I believe he brings her down.

I think at the core of why Dorinda is unhappy is she knows she shouldn't be with him. He makes it so she isn't alone, but she is still lonely. 

He also deserves someone better, someone who wants him as much as he wants them. He's sleezy, but he's not all bad.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

And why was Lu staying there in the first place when she only lives 10 minutes away? I would stay in my own home any day rather than someone else's, if I lived that close. I don't care what bedroom you might give me, I'd rather be in my own bed. 

Agreed. I'd walk my way home to sleep in my own bed.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

LOL.  She made a few jokes.  So what? White people talking about white people is not racism!  

Yup. And the tiki thing is because it's associated with white supremacists. Calling people who don't like them racist is pretty basic white nationalist wagging the tail.

I was annoyed with her diatribe because Leah was being hypocritical with her class war crap. It's disingenuous.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Leah...wow, was this a good idea to drink?  She doesn’t like what the tiki torches stand for?  So, does she hate Polynesian people in addition to hating white people?

According to her they "represent bullshit" and Tynsley didn't get it because she doesn't "read the news enough".  WTF?!?!?! 

Not one of these loons has any reason to consider themselves better than any of the others.  Each is an embrassment in their own way.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

LOL.  She made a few jokes.  So what? White people talking about white people is not racism!   If someone takes calling a white person "white" as an insult, is that really Leah's problem?  

Except in this case it was being used as a descriptor in a derogatory way, the same way Leah used it at the last party.  It was being used as an insult.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

LOL.  She made a few jokes.  So what? White people talking about white people is not racism!   If someone takes calling a white person "white" as an insult, is that really Leah's problem?  

I don’t think anyone objected to a white person “talking about white people.”  I never said that her “calling a white person ‘white’” is “an insult,” so that’s not Leah’s problem, nor is it probably anyone’s; certainly not mine.  

What I object to is that she said, “I’m so happy...that there’s not going to be any weirdo white dudes showing up.”  This is the second week in a row in our time and the second day in a row in her time that Leah used the term “white” and associated it with something negative.  I don’t accept that any more than I would accept it if one was to substitute any other race for “white.”  Leah’s own race doesn’t matter in this equation IMO.  She made derogatory statements about race twice in a row.  That’s what matters to me.  

I don’t care what she says in the privacy of her home.  I understand that everyone has their prejudices.  When she says it twice over the course of two episodes, I am not exactly clutching my pearls, but I am preserving it for the record.

What probably bothers me more than the anti-white statements is Bravo’s selective outrage, especially given what happened on Dallas, so I’m going to call it out every time I hear it on Bravo.  The network is inconsistent about who gets roasted, and I’m tired of it.  Let’s see if this gets brought up at the reunion by Andy Cohen.  

I don’t think I’m going to get much further in this discussion.  This is exactly how I feel.  We can differ in our opinions, but we don’t get to choose our own facts.  

ETA In case I came off sounding brittle, I apologize.  I respect everyone’s opinion, even when we agree to disagree.  I’m so glad this show is on to distract me from the stress of the world.  I don’t have the stomach to keep talking about race at this time.  I may disagree with Leah’s words, but I’m going to respectfully tap out.  🙏

Edited by LibertarianSlut
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Except in this case it was being used as a descriptor in a derogatory way, the same way Leah used it at the last party.  It was being used as an insult.

I don't like Leah, but here is the Merriam Webster definition of racism.

"rac·ism

Noun

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

It has nothing to do with how you look ... seriously it has to do with the fact that having a dick in you does not complete you has a person.. point blank period. You can be a whole person and not need a dick 

Well it does kind of fill the void. (I'll show myself out)

1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

So, I missed the tattoo part entirely until I read it here. I thought it meant that Leah's labia were long and floppy.

You're not the only one!

• LOL 14
  • Love 5

I think it was completely rude of the other women (Leah excluded) to not at least offer to help clean up.  Yes, Ramona was hosting but when did these women become too good to pick up a dish and rinse it off?  You’re supposed to clean up after yourself in someone else’s home.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Leah’s own race doesn’t matter in this equation IMO.  She made derogatory statements about race twice in a row.  That’s what matters to me.  

What she actually meant was white, old, and wealthy which is very much looked down on these days among those younger than Boomers judging by what I read written by many on the web on a regular basis.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 12

That was insane lol but so far I really like Leah. Yea she got crazy but she wasn’t a bitch about it the next morning and she cleaned the kitchen which was a huge mess. Dorinda freaking out about the yard was stupid. She never saw the kitchen I don’t think. Also at least Leah was making valid points. Sonja is insane with her Morgan shit.

Dorinda is the drunk who traps you in a serious conversation that keeps getting repeated over and over again. When I drink I just wanna have fun not talk about someone’s relationship forever. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm on Dorinda's side with this. Completely. But the dildo in the kitchen and the tiki torches would have pissed me off, that's what makes it extra.

Yes! As Ramona pointed out in the morning, there's fuel in those torches. That can be a messy problem & hazard. Then the broken glass...yikes.  

I despise the way Leah acted that night & the next morning (with a nonchalant attitude at breakfast) - glad Ramona was somewhat forgiving and easy going when she saw Leah putting in an effort to clean up. I think with Moaner, a little goes a long way. 

• Love 7

That tennis court looked a bit unmaintained.  I'm not a tennis player or a rich woman but I have a very meticulous husband who has spoiled me into noticing flaws in upkeep. 

It can't be said enough- LuAnn has a rockin bod. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Momager said:

I think it was completely rude of the other women (Leah excluded) to not at least offer to help clean up.  Yes, Ramona was hosting but when did these women become too good to pick up a dish and rinse it off?  You’re supposed to clean up after yourself in someone else’s home.

1.) Ramona started the weekend by ordering Leah and Tinsley to bus the table while she sat on her ass finishing eating.

2.) Ramona was so rude to Leah about it the last night there that LUANN of all people found her tone and demands rude. Luann's not really known for her sensitivity.

3.) Ramona left her guests alone, several times to catch some D. The most notable being the night of the party. The kitchen was a mess, from Ramona's cooking! Before she left. 

Like Dorinda said, if Ramona had asked them to help her, politely, they would have. But your guests aren't hired help.

Ramona is being Ramona. I wouldn't have left the place like that, but non of my friends would of acted like Ramona either.

• Love 24
5 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Why didn’t Tinsley get out on the court and really show them what it’s all about.  I loved it when she impressed the tennis pro at Ramona’s in a previous season.  

She wasn’t allowed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, nytonc said:

My mother-in-law is still doing it at 95 and god help the ho who gets more attention than she does!

My mother- in- law at 85 was looking for a guy in the senior center while her husband was dying of cancer upstairs in the bed.  My husband was mortified!  Good thing he doesn’t read this.  After his Father died, she brought the new guy into her house.  It’s a known fact that in a certain development in Florida, the old seniors are having lots of sex .. more than younger people.  Plenty of STD’s too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

OMG, Leah, Sonja and Tinsley are messed up AF.  Good thing those torches didn't actually burn anything.

I thought they would start a fire in the bushes.  They would probably flirt with the firemen, lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Ok, I've had enough of the Hamptons.  Let's bring it back to the awesome backdrop that is NYC, society style. This show used to be filmed around  Autumn in to Christmas time, then they would usually take one trip to a warm climate in between.  I prefer that so much more. If I want to see pool parties, summer dresses, wedges and titties hanging out I can watch one of the other franchises. Time to break out the gorgeous cashmere sweaters, expensive designer boots and scarves.   

These women are looking really rough this season. Maybe it's the new super duper hi tech TV I just bought a couple of days ago. It shows every single wrinkle, line, sag, bag, bloat, dark eye circle and all the dry fried blonde hair on these women I ever want to see. Or maybe they have all hit the ceiling with the alcohol consumption and it's starting to show big time. Or maybe my other TV was shit and they have all looked like this for a long time. I dunno.

I’m sure the Hamptons had enough of them too.  Cameras, noise, paps, equipment.  That’s half of their life tho, especially now during the crisis.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

LOVED this episode. Lu was right, Ramona wins the Worst Host of the Year award. I was glad when Dorinda starting tearing into her in the kitchen. Leah was some nice comic relief, first “forgetting” she threw tiki torches, then trying to downplay it.

Oh, LU! Some major secondhand embarrassment when she was hitting on both of those guys. So cringey, but fun to watch.

Best line of the night is a tie between “I didn’t marry a banker, I married the bank!” and “The yacht has SAILED!”

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

If you check her thread she has enough of Leah has a ton of problems.

I have hosted a number of parties that got out of control and hyper messy to clean up. It never once occurred to me to assume that my guests would clean up in the middle of the night or go around demanding that they do it. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

"Because it flies".  LOOOOOOL

Haha Leah was so funny when she said that. I thought it was floppy labia too. 

REY! We saw Rey in the John footage I can't believe no one mentioned it. IBIZA YOU BETCCCH!  Hello Rey! More homage to Lu chasing dick? Idk but ❤❤❤❤

Sonja.  Honey. Wipe front to back, girl! That whole scene was disturbing.  

Ramona your tennis court and steps need to be resurfaced and redone.  Worn out. That is too much house for Ramona. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Axie said:

Lord.  Cradling Sonja’s legs while she pees is a new low, even for this show.

I did like Sonja’s “I’m going to stay here and party with these whores” though.

For my own peace of mind, I'm going to pretend that everyone washed their hands afterward.

9 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

So, I missed the tattoo part entirely until I read it here. I thought it meant that Leah's labia were long and floppy.

Same. I was actually relieved to read that the wings were tattooed around her crotch. (Only RHONY would cause me to write the previous sentence.)

6 hours ago, HeddaGabler said:

OMG, when Leah said "Fuck the Morgans" and Sonja said "Find me another one and I WILL!", I almost fell off my chair. LOLOL

Sonja was being honest for once. She truly misses being one of The Morgans and being able to legitimately put on old-money airs. She doesn't miss it enough to adopt dignified behavior (thus increasing the chances of getting another similarly-moneyed man),  but she misses being able to lord it over other people.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, film noire said:

I dunno - don't we praise men for saying the same things Ramona  has been saying? -  I'm lonely, I want something more, I want someone to share my life with - we call men who say that thoughtful & sensitive but when an older woman says the same thing,  we dismiss it as chasing dick.  And God knows, I think Ramona is beyond crazy for a fuckton of reasons  (grilling apparently being as arduous as discovering a Covid-19 cure, thinking Dorinda wants to hear that John is taking numbers and banging chicks - chicks who don't act above-him or shout out the Law and Order Dun Duh when they orgasm) but wanting someone to share your life with, making that a priority & not being coy about that desire - not pretending to be some kind of trail-blazing alonester with a Celine Dion anthem playing in the background - I don't think that's proof Ramona is without a meaningful life, or pathetic for daring to want more, I think it's proof she's human.

No cause they don’t show men running around in desperate need of a woman to make their life complete.... its tacky at this point that they are making this a story line .... It just pushes the notion that woman cant be complete at any age unless they have a man and that's just not true

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9

Well, I think I'm  done.  How many times are we going to have to watch these women get drunk and make complete fools of themselves?  I turned the channel during the "stay at home night"  to a Raymond re-run and never turned back. 

It's the same thing multiple times every season (lather, rinse, repeat).  (And the new girl with her comments again about "white men" to show us how "woke" she is.)

• Love 6