Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: Ain't No Party Like a Hamptons Party

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I think it’s called “Madame Paulette’s or something like that?  I just googled John and his store.  Very interesting.  He doesn’t get the credit he deserves when you read all about him.  His family, his education, everything.  You all would be surprised.  He’s gotten a very bad rap on the show.

I used to live around the corner from his place. It is THE place to go if you have something that needs special care. I brought my wedding dress there. John may not be the most cultured and he isn't my type, but he isn't treated fairly on this show or by Dorinda. He's quite accomplished and runs a business that has been trusted for decades. It's ridiculous that Dorinda acts like he doesn't know how to handle anything. I'd rather have him in charge of my business than Dorinda. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I think I enjoyed this episode so much cuz the ladies could have fun without judgy Bethanny saying anything. If Bethanny was there, she would be all about the major problems Leah has, all about how awful Sonja is again, and would probably have to say something about how selfish Luanne was. She was sooooo negative and hateful at everything. I think the ladies just enjoyed having fun for the first time in forever.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

His own behavior has given him that rap.

The only really creepy thing I remember him doing was shimmying up against Kristen at some event.  Mainly because I don't think they knew each other well (or at all) at that point.

Speaking of behavior, I just remembered that Leah when talking to Ramona referred to Mercedes, the party helper, as "your woman".  Ugh!  I know I've heard service people referred to that way before but it was particularly jolting to hear it from someone younger and who appears to want to put herself in a different category from the upper east side set. It sounds so demeaning!

Anyone else think Sonja looks like an Amy Sedaris character in the talking heads where she is wearing the too tight red dress with the large pleated jabot on one side?

• Love 13

Think I figured out why Mario decided to quarantine with Ramona - he knew she’d sneak out to meet men and expose their daughter to coronavirus - better he should service her safely as a protective father.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 4/24/2020 at 11:04 AM, TV Diva Queen said:

Ramona was just being cheap in not hiring some staff for the weekend. I’m a nobody worker bee and when I have a party that I really know is going to be fun and I want to somewhat be a guest at, I hire a bartender and a clean up person to work the yard during the party. It’s $200 and best money spent. NB I don’t do this with small gatherings. But 30 plus people I do. 

Agree but what those women did to the house was inexcusable. They were guests and they trashed the place. Very disrespectful. It really did look like the aftermath of a frat party. 

• Love 17
11 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

It's sort of sad to see people being made fun of by the way they walk.

Yes it is, because in a lot of cases, there's an underlying medical issue going on.  

5 hours ago, ichbin said:

Speaking of behavior, I just remembered that Leah when talking to Ramona referred to Mercedes, the party helper, as "your woman".

Coming from a woman who was all bent out of shape over tiki torches.  Sheesh.  Leah needs to step away from the alcohol, but that's going to be a difficult thing to do being a HW.   It seems like the women on this show are more than happy to watch a fellow HW fall off the wagon. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Agree but what those women did to the house was inexcusable. They were guests and they trashed the place. Very disrespectful. It really did look like the aftermath of a frat party. 

Really. If my kids’ friends had done anything like that at a middle school sleepover at our house, that would be the last sleepover. Even preschool kids know not to trash others’ homes.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

Absolutely. I wasn’t referring to that. God no. They were animals. I was referring to someone to set the table, clean the table. Normal help. I would never expect someone I hired to have to deal with any of that mess. 

• Love 7

Oh, yeah. It was next-level embarrassing to watch grown-ass women get sorority girl wasted and trash the house. Karma got all up in Ramona's ass for what she did to Dorinda's walls, though. Not fun when someone messes up your spot, right, Ramona?

Out of all the nastiness, I can't decide which one is worse. The vibrator in the chicken or Sonja leaving the bathroom without flushing and washing her hands. I'll probably give the edge to the vibrator since I doubt it was fresh out of the box, er, package, when it landed in the dinnerware.

I've watched this show since the beginning, but I'm going to put this episode in second place in terms of embarrassment. Forever in the number one spot is how they acted in Colombia. Shitting on the floor and bed and just walking away like all is well.

OK, is Medley Dorinda's maiden name or nah? Because she can't get on her high horse about Tinsley and Sonja holding on to their married names while she's still carrying Medley. She probably thinks that since she's a widow she doesn't count, but still. Tinsley was a society girl with her own money long before she married Topper. She's been known as Tinsley Mortimer for over a decade, so I get why she doesn't change her name. At least she isn't still hanging on to her former marriage. If she were pulling a Sonja and living in the past, then I could understand.

I still don't know how I feel about Leah. She can be funny, but then I remember the Michael Che story and I get annoyed again. She didn't do herself any favors on this episode, either. She definitely reverted back to her wild teenager self when she knew that she was busted and cleaned up the kitchen.

John must be good with his situationship with Dorinda. If not, he should've dumped her years ago. She clearly doesn't respect him and she thinks that she's slumming. John is part of her "world" in terms of money and connections, but he'll never fully be a part of it because he isn't as cultured and stuffy. Unpopular opinion, but I don't mind John. He says the wrong thing and you have to give him the Nicky Santoro "be nice. niiiice. don't fuck up in here" pep talk before you leave the house, but he also seems as if he'll give you the shirt off his back. He wouldn't be the type I would go for, but he's probably a good friend.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I was rewatching and I spotted this woman at the mansion cocktail party.  Perhaps she was trying to cover it up with the cuff.  That didn’t quite work.

1C56EFD2-7FEF-491B-B912-5279B9D0209A.jpeg

Edited by Emmeline
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, 65mickey said:

And HOW do those women get so stinking drunk and still jump up in the morning with no apparent hangovers?

I suspect there is a little something going on with this. They either are not thst drunk and are told by production to act crazy drunk or the day after that we see is not really filmed the day after these parties. There is no way that these women could get out of bed and not have horrendous hangovers. They would probably be stuck in the bathroom puking their guts out. 

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I’m sure this must be the case. I don’t think even 20-year-olds could pull off being in such good shape the morning after. Either that or they were completely exaggerating how drunk they were.

• Love 5
On 4/24/2020 at 2:13 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

I think Dorinda "settled" when it comes to John. He's the antithesis of Richard. Richard was educated, important, had a career that took them all over the world and introduced her to important world movers and shakers. John is a dry cleaner...not physically attractive and intellectually not her equal. He's a date...that's all. She doesn't want to live with him and likes him as date night thing...no strings attached. I guess it works for her...she has her own apartment and country home that she can escape to and when she wants his company she calls him and gets whatever it is she needs from him...I don't want to imagine anymore.

I didn’t know too much about John, but if you read his bio, you might find it interesting.  The way things are with Dorinda now, she’s not all that much.  She’s a drunk, and worst of all, a bully that hits below the belt.  That’s not classy.  Some of these girls were average until they married rich.  Just sayin.

• Love 10

One thing to keep in mind is that if somebody drinks heavily day in and day out, they usually aren't hungover. The body is so used to all of the alcohol and the worst thing is some dehydration. And nobody yet knows how much Leah drinks every day since she started back up. Once the previous night's alcohol level has dropped to a certain level, you get anxious and jittery. That's why they have a lot of those bitchy morning-after squabbles. I am sure that once the mess was cleaned up, everybody started in with the mimosas and bloody Marys.   You know, the "acceptable" day drinks. 

Leah sure is saggy for somebody only in her late 30s. Meow!  I actually like her and think she's going to be a great addition to the cast. 

Yeah. Why was Dorinda not drinking? I didn't even notice. She had a glass in her hand and I just assumed she was drinking vodka. I just thought she was being more subdued than usual. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Oh, yeah. It was next-level embarrassing to watch grown-ass women get sorority girl wasted and trash the house. Karma got all up in Ramona's ass for what she did to Dorinda's walls, though. Not fun when someone messes up your spot, right, Ramona?

Out of all the nastiness, I can't decide which one is worse. The vibrator in the chicken or Sonja leaving the bathroom without flushing and washing her hands. I'll probably give the edge to the vibrator since I doubt it was fresh out of the box, er, package, when it landed in the dinnerware.

I've watched this show since the beginning, but I'm going to put this episode in second place in terms of embarrassment. Forever in the number one spot is how they acted in Colombia. Shitting on the floor and bed and just walking away like all is well.

OK, is Medley Dorinda's maiden name or nah? Because she can't get on her high horse about Tinsley and Sonja holding on to their married names while she's still carrying Medley. She probably thinks that since she's a widow she doesn't count, but still. Tinsley was a society girl with her own money long before she married Topper. She's been known as Tinsley Mortimer for over a decade, so I get why she doesn't change her name. At least she isn't still hanging on to her former marriage. If she were pulling a Sonja and living in the past, then I could understand.

I still don't know how I feel about Leah. She can be funny, but then I remember the Michael Che story and I get annoyed again. She didn't do herself any favors on this episode, either. She definitely reverted back to her wild teenager self when she knew that she was busted and cleaned up the kitchen.

John must be good with his situationship with Dorinda. If not, he should've dumped her years ago. She clearly doesn't respect him and she thinks that she's slumming. John is part of her "world" in terms of money and connections, but he'll never fully be a part of it because he isn't as cultured and stuffy. Unpopular opinion, but I don't mind John. He says the wrong thing and you have to give him the Nicky Santoro "be nice. niiiice. don't fuck up in here" pep talk before you leave the house, but he also seems as if he'll give you the shirt off his back. He wouldn't be the type I would go for, but he's probably a good friend.

I agree with everything you said.

17 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I used to live around the corner from his place. It is THE place to go if you have something that needs special care. I brought my wedding dress there. John may not be the most cultured and he isn't my type, but he isn't treated fairly on this show or by Dorinda. He's quite accomplished and runs a business that has been trusted for decades. It's ridiculous that Dorinda acts like he doesn't know how to handle anything. I'd rather have him in charge of my business than Dorinda. 

After reading about him, I agree with you.  I myself never saw him being sleezy, but maybe he was. I don’t know.  In his bio, he says he knows they don’t like him and he himself hates the show.  That’s why we haven’t seen him.   If Dorinda thinks he’s a sleezebag, why is she holding on to him?  Go cater to someone else and let them see your ugly behavior and take you home when you are screaming like a crazy woman drunk as a skunk.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

One thing to keep in mind is that if somebody drinks heavily day in and day out, they usually aren't hungover. The body is so used to all of the alcohol and the worst thing is some dehydration.

Sadly, this is true; I admittedly have drank socially rather heavily since my late 20’s(I’m in my early 40’s now) and I still don’t really get hungover much, if at all—-my body is apparently so used to me polluting it a’la the tiki torch trio that I’m able to party hard and then bounce back like it was nothing by the next morning. That being said, most seasoned-drinkers like us apparently hit our wall around the mid-to-late 50’s, so I’m trying to gradually wean myself off doing umpteen rounds of shots and drinking every color of the rainbow on the weekends...so I wish Sonja’s liver especially well if she hopes to keep her party girl antics up. I don’t even think Ramona hits the sauce nearly as hard as she used to for that very reason. 

• Love 8

Rewatched just now. The groomer who gave Lu a massage gave a very weird look to the side when Lu first came down and was saying how unbelievable it was that they would make house calls. He already looked like he was over it, but he went there with the massage and all. Just interesting. And man, I really need one of my own, it was torture watching Lu relish in hers, lol. 

In the previews it looked like Tinsley wailed unintelligibly when Leah was screaming at Sonja that the Morgan yacht had sailed. But I think she was really yelling STAWWWP! She also stuck up for Sonja and screamed at Leah not to talk to Sonja that way. I love this girl. Looks like we get more of her and Dale next episode, which, I’m really okay with. I enjoy her on this show so much and will miss her if (when?) she leaves halfway through. If she and Scott do get married, will she really be Tinsley Kluth? I don’t think so. 

Ramona was drinking out of an M mug when she went to find Dorinda and Sonja and Marley under the covers. Mario’s, right? It took me a bit to realize that, lol. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Rewatched just now. The groomer who gave Lu a massage gave a very weird look to the side when Lu first came down and was saying how unbelievable it was that they would make house calls. He already looked like he was over it, but he went there with the massage and all. Just interesting. And man, I really need one of my own, it was torture watching Lu relish in hers, lol. 

In the previews it looked like Tinsley wailed unintelligibly when Leah was screaming at Sonja that the Morgan yacht had sailed. But I think she was really yelling STAWWWP! She also stuck up for Sonja and screamed at Leah not to talk to Sonja that way. I love this girl. Looks like we get more of her and Dale next episode, which, I’m really okay with. I enjoy her on this show so much and will miss her if (when?) she leaves halfway through. If she and Scott do get married, will she really be Tinsley Kluth? I don’t think so. 

Ramona was drinking out of an M mug when she went to find Dorinda and Sonja and Marley under the covers. Mario’s, right? It took me a bit to realize that, lol. 

When married, Tins can fly back n forth to N.Y./Chicago to film.  I hope.  I just read that Kelly Dodd’s fiancé Rick just bought a house in California and will go back n forth to his news correspondent job in N.Y. City.  It can be done.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I myself never saw him being sleezy, but maybe he was. I don’t know.  In his bio, he says he knows they don’t like him and he himself hates the show.  

It could be the editing with him, but there were times when we saw him at parties with Dorinda and he seemed really sketchy around some of the other ladies.  It's one thing to compliment a woman on her appearance, but there were a few times when he was a little too touchy-feely with the women and made inappropriate comments, so it's hard to shake that image of him.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

Yeah. Why was Dorinda not drinking? I didn't even notice. She had a glass in her hand and I just assumed she was drinking vodka. I just thought she was being more subdued than usual. 

I noticed.  Maybe her fans wrote in and complained about her drinking and being mean to the others.  She was brutal, especially to Tinsley who didn’t deserve that.  What really bothers me is that Bravo likes that shit.  Andy seems to love when they go at it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

It could be the editing with him, but there were times when we saw him at parties with Dorinda and he seemed really sketchy around some of the other ladies.  It's one thing to compliment a woman on her appearance, but there were a few times when he was a little too touchy-feely with the women and made inappropriate comments, so it's hard to shake that image of him.  

I definitely think he's a little sleezy and pretty gross, myself, but I take issue with Dorinda acting like the guy doesn't know how to handle the logistics around a renovation or whatever the heck she was yapping about him not being able to understand. Pretty sure he can handle it. 

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I definitely think he's a little sleezy and pretty gross, myself, but I take issue with Dorinda acting like the guy doesn't know how to handle the logistics around a renovation or whatever the heck she was yapping about him not being able to understand. Pretty sure he can handle it. 

Yeah, she's pretty condescending in the way she talks about him.  If he can keep a business going, especially in NYC, then he's doing something right!!

• Love 9
22 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Sadly, I've seen people waddle when they walk due to knee and/or hip problems.  I've seen a lot of that with my dental patients who have ended up needing knee replacement surgery.  They certainly struggle when they walk.

I’ve been there.  I’ve had two hip replacements, plus one spinal fusion.  

11 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I’ve been there.  I’ve had two hip replacements, plus one spinal fusion.  

Me too! I’ve had two hip replacements plus one spinal fusion also!!! 
I’ve have 8 orthopedic surgeries in the last 10 years.

I have thought before that LVP totters on heels because she may have a bad hip.

I loved my beautiful shoes and now I have 6 pairs of shoes I can wear for more than 2 hours (4 foot surgeries and mid foot arthritis). 
I miss those very young days when I could climb several flights of stairs in heels - oh an being in good shape, of course helped😜

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Me too! I’ve had two hip replacements plus one spinal fusion also!!! 
I’ve have 8 orthopedic surgeries in the last 10 years.

I have thought before that LVP totters on heels because she may have a bad hip.

I loved my beautiful shoes and now I have 6 pairs of shoes I can wear for more than 2 hours (4 foot surgeries and mid foot arthritis). 
I miss those very young days when I could climb several flights of stairs in heels - oh an being in good shape, of course helped😜

Oh geeze .. you too.  I’ve has L3&4 fused, now I need L1&2.  Not going.  Getting shots instead, not that they work either.  I read that the housewives wear heels on camera, then change to flats or slippers.  Now I wear Sketchers in every color, lol.  SUCKS !

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Yeah, she's pretty condescending in the way she talks about him.  If he can keep a business going, especially in NYC, then he's doing something right!!

She’s condescending period.  I’m wondering if she has sex with him?  He seems to be enamored of her.  Maybe she closes her eyes and gives him three minutes, then throws him out.  Or, maybe she pretends he’s Richard until it’s over.  Lol.  Or, maybe she has three more shots and doesn’t know who he is.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 8

John might be liberated this season if Dorinda dumps him. He does seem to be foolishly enamored with her and needs her to break it off because he cares about her.

Luckily there is a drunken alcoholic screeching homeless woman on 65th that can take Dorindas place without missing a beat. Plus she has better hair.

• LOL 8

Maybe she closes her eyes and gives him three minutes, then throws him out.  Or, maybe she pretends he’s Richard until it’s over.  Lol.  Or, maybe she has three more shots and doesn’t know who he is.

Probably a combination of all of them?

Luckily there is a drunken alcoholic screeching homeless woman on 65th that can take Dorindas place without missing a beat. Plus she has better hair.

Sonja is homeless?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

She’s condescending period.  I’m wondering if she has sex with him?  He seems to be enamored of her.  Maybe she closes her eyes and gives him three minutes, then throws him out.  Or, maybe she pretends he’s Richard until it’s over.  Lol.  Or, maybe she has three more shots and doesn’t know who he is.

She did mention a few seasons ago that he is, er, rather well-endowed. 😮

And held up a large cucumber as a visual aid 😮😮😮

• LOL 8
On 4/23/2020 at 11:39 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Ramona is a real bitch in the way she talks about John and Dorinda doesn’t really defend him. Dorinda loves to talk about all the things he is not.  Production had to insert a little nasty package in there to shade him.

John needs to leave these nasty drunken shipwrecks as fast as he can.

Right?! To think of that white trash hag, Crazy Eyez Moaner, who clomps around someone's house wearing a grandma shawl, trying desperately to fit in and looking like the biggest rube in America, criticizing John for not being sophisticated?? As horny as these hags are, John could EASILY find someone else, probably years younger, who would be thrilled with him. #FreeJohn

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I don’t get people talking about John not being “cultured”.  None of the housewives are cultured, so he actually fits right in.  Dorinda is hardly cultured herself.  She managed to nab one wealthy important husband but none of his culture rubbed off on her.  Sonya became more uncultured, if possible, after being married to a cultured man.  

None of these women are cultured, the only thing they have in common is marrying up like it’s 1910 or something.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
20 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I didn’t know too much about John, but if you read his bio, you might find it interesting.  The way things are with Dorinda now, she’s not all that much.  She’s a drunk, and worst of all, a bully that hits below the belt.  That’s not classy.  Some of these girls were average until they married rich.  Just sayin.

Haven't read his bio, actually didn't know there was on him...all I know is what I see on the show. He doesn't seem like a bad guy but he doesn't really impress me either. He seems to take a lot of crap from Dorinda who likes to make him feel less than...especially when she talks about Richard in front of her. Totally agree about most of these women being nobodies until they married well.

• Love 5
On 4/24/2020 at 8:42 AM, SweetieDarling said:

I, personally, thought she was referring to her idea of the stereotype that lines their yard with tiki torches. I assumed she was referring to people who put on airs and flaunt a lifestyle that they'd like to have; like rubbing shoulders with people who own $39 million dollar vacation homes, hiring personal trainers, and caterers, and lining the pool deck area with tiki torches. Her comment about Tinsley getting "all socialite" with her, I thought reinforced that. I took it as more of a classist statement than racist. Tho, personally, I have never considered tiki torches pretentious. Maybe she just thinks they're ugly.

Same. I thought she was suggesting that Crazy Eyez Moaner, was looking like the rube that she is by putting up dumbass tiki torches from the 1980s and looking as stupid as she does in her 1980s yellow bikini with her gunt hanging out.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Probably a combination of all of them?

Sonja is homeless?

Oh man, we can go on all day, haha.  I’m wondering where Sonja gets her money.  From the show?  That’s not enough.  Poor Sonja.  The whole city must know she’s nuts.  How will she ever find a man?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

She did mention a few seasons ago that he is, er, rather well-endowed. 😮

And held up a large cucumber as a visual aid 😮😮😮

Oh, o.k.  So she likes clean clothes and cucumbers.  I guess you can live on that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, StevieRocks said:

Right?! To think of that white trash hag, Crazy Eyez Moaner, who clomps around someone's house wearing a grandma shawl, trying desperately to fit in and looking like the biggest rube in America, criticizing John for not being sophisticated?? As horny as these hags are, John could EASILY find someone else, probably years younger, who would be thrilled with him. #FreeJohn

Who’s Ramona to talk.  She came fro nothing.  So she worked in Macy’s, sold jewelry with Mario and bought a house in the Hamptons.  Big deal.  She’s not one of them snobs, nor never will be.  They are probably laughing behind her back.  That dress with that shawl was ridiculous.  She is and always was in lala land.  She’s not too bright either.  Duh.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I don’t get people talking about John not being “cultured”.  None of the housewives are cultured, so he actually fits right in.  Dorinda is hardly cultured herself.  She managed to nab one wealthy important husband but none of his culture rubbed off on her.  Sonya became more uncultured, if possible, after being married to a cultured man.  

None of these women are cultured, the only thing they have in common is marrying up like it’s 1910 or something.  

54 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Read Johns bio.  He went to good colleges, but didn’t finish as he had to help or take over the business for his family.  He comes from a very good family and is a good son.  Bravo and the girls made him look stupid.  I’ve heard he did some gross things on the show but don’t know if they are true.  Who are these women to talk?  Four of them are Jailbirds.

• Love 10

All these housewives are impressed with money and looks in a guy.  I’ll always remember my male bookkeeping teacher saying, “never brush off a bum who comes in the office dishelved looking”.  He just might be a billionaire.  I’ll never forget that comment.  If Dorinda likesJohn, sheshould build him up, not knock him down.  He’s probably got more money than all of them put together.  Why is she acting so prissy?  She’s nothing but a drunk.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, StevieRocks said:

I thought she was suggesting that Crazy Eyez Moaner, was looking like the rube that she is by putting up dumbass tiki torches from the 1980s and looking as stupid as she does in her 1980s yellow bikini with her gunt hanging out.

Gee, tiki torches sure are getting a bad rap!  I didn't know they went out of style, seeing as how they're still being sold in most home improvement stores (Lowes, etc.)  They're great to put in the yard if you have a lot of gnats or mosquitos.   Again, Leah and her misplaced anger with tiki torches is really, really dumb. She should channel that angst into something useful. 

• Love 6
On 4/25/2020 at 9:51 PM, Happy Camper said:

It's sort of sad to see people being made fun of by the way they walk. I tore my MCL last fall when I slipped on ice in my driveway. I haven't completely recovered and I am extremely self conscious about the slight limp that I have developed. I know it's just temporary, but I hate walking in public now. 

Join the club.  Besides 2 hip replacements, before Christmas, I tripped in my Doctor’s waiting room, ambulance took me to hospital, and my knee was ripped open to the bone.  Had 35 stitches in and out.  It’s still hurting and burning.  People have worse I always say.  As long as I can read and type, I’m good. Lol.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Lemons said:

One of the reasons I initially liked Carol was that I thought, with her background and connection to the Kennedy's and her literary background that I could live out my Bohemian dreams - this sort of Zelda Fitzgerald fantasy, through her engagement with the show. But then she was revealed to be just as vapid and clutching and dense, though in a different way, as the rest. And there was not intellectual conversation, great art or anything. 

Anyhow, I guess the real cream of any society, rich, middle, or poor, would have nothing to do with this franchise. The idea that Ms. Clip Clip herself is somehow superior in that way to anyone is laughable.

I still don't like John. His interactions early on with other women gave me sleezy stomach, he's crude and rude, and whatever he says now, he was hungry for air time at the beginning - repulsively so.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Gee, tiki torches sure are getting a bad rap!  I didn't know they went out of style, seeing as how they're still being sold in most home improvement stores (Lowes, etc.)  They're great to put in the yard if you have a lot of gnats or mosquitos. 

I don't think they have gone out of style.  They can be purchased inexpensively, are convenient, portable, easy to install, reuseable, and able to provide both light as well as pest control for several hours.  That's why they've been around for years and why people continue to purchase and use them. It's really not the torches getting the bad rap, rather some of the people who have used them.  

• Love 7