Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Leneatha's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Leneatha represents only Leneatha. Do not extrapolate from her to others of her race, class, gender or any other category.

• Start Topic

There have been others that don't move to Houston, they just have to come to Houston for appointments, and weigh ins.   Then when they get surgery, they have to stay in Houston, for a month or so, with a caregiver.   

Please don't let this woman turn out to be another program dropout.    She really needs to do this for herself, and for her daughter.  

I love the Unparent life coach commercial.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

This season has had more black poundticipants then probably all the seasons combined and they are following a script/typecasting/directing them to act in this fashion---not sure.  It feels as if they are constantly trying to find and showcase stereotypical "sassy black women" for this show is getting old, very annoying and it is pissing me off.

Do better show.

Ive also noticed weve not had any really bad people this season. No one bedbound or even using a wheelchair. And we seem to be getting little roadtrips or motel stays.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

LOL!  Probably the same thing David and Lana are up to.  

I hear the four of them went of vacation to Turks and Caicos together. 

5 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

Haha! I made an apple pie for Christmas that was probably the most god-awful ugly pie in the history of piedom. My family enjoyed it though. I will make crust sometimes but they are never all that pretty. 
hmmm...apple pie....German almond apple cake....ooh pretzels...lol (small voice) “help me!” 

I make good pie crust but I don't especially like making pies. Too fiddly. And you need a lot of room, my kitchen has no counter space. I do, however, make galettes using Jaques Pepin's recipe--they're quick to do, don't have to look neat, and are always well received!

2 minutes ago, WonTon said:

She's going to use her daughter's problems to give up.

"My daughter's been sick and I've been taking care of her. I don't have time to follow the diet". Count on it. 

• Love 6

REally TLC I don't need a bunch of drag queens looking fabulous to make me doubt my worth as a woman because I have bad hair and have sagging muscle tone due to um...working out less. Kinda.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Splashes said:

Ive also noticed weve not had any really bad people this season. No one bedbound or even using a wheelchair. And we seem to be getting little roadtrips or motel stays.

I think since they are still mobile they don't feel the urgency to lose weight as much 

• Love 4

I'm baaaaaaaack from the amazing The Masked Singer which had a karaoke-style sing-along show tonight featuring two performances each for the last seven finalists'. It was fantastic! Seriously, that show helped me to easily skip most of the first hour of this show this season since it's mostly been a big steamy pile of horse shit.

I just tuned in to see her face-timing disrespectful bullshit to Dr. Now. Saying that he has the patience of a saint is an understatement.

Bitch please, you and all of the ungrateful assholes over the years of this show are so lucky that they don't have me as their "last hope" instead of Dr. Now.

I'm like "accept my help and live or don't and fuck off, keep stuffing yourself, go back home and die."

Yeah, this quarantine stuff has made me cranky so I'll gladly take my drippy gasoline soaked drawers on the way out.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

I think since they are still mobile they don't feel the urgency to lose weight as much 

Yes, there have been patients who were bedbound then were able to be mobile. They didn't feel like they needed to lose more weight.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I've been told that the secret to flaky pie crust is either shortening, or lard. 

It is;  my grandmother's cook used lard, and hers were very good, too.  My mother would never use lard, she used Crisco;  I follow the recipe but it always looks horrid and scary.  Tastes great; looks awful.

6 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Can a person be on Dr. Now's program if they can't move to Houston?  

A few have if they lived close enough; there was a woman with lots of kids in OK City or Tulsa that didn't move.  I think the horrid Jeanne person would have been allowed to commute from that pigsty of a house since she was only about 3 hours away.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

It is;  my grandmother's cook used lard, and hers were very good, too.  My mother would never use lard, she used Crisco;  I follow the recipe but it always looks horrid and scary.  Tastes great; looks awful.

I learned to make pie crust using shortening, I must have been about 10. It never comes out right if I use butter. 

Jeez. I had to mute most of that discussion. 

I'm not defending Leneatha, but I will say this - especially as a diabetic, she may have been taught she needed to eat frequently so she didn't get low blood sugar. I know I was. This is terrible, old advice. If you're eating a regular (not low carb or keto) diet like the ADA, it just keeps carbs floating around your system all day.

She may also have issues with being at work, not eating, and then starving later and not knowing if she'll get the time to eat later, will have to get take out because she's too hungry to cook when she gets home, etc. Been there.

I'm on a medication that affects how hungry I feel. I had a problem at first because I wouldn't get hungry until 7 or 8 pm and was always told not to eat late plus I was afraid I'd pass out around 10 or 11 from not eating. The doc said, "Eat when you're hungry." Wha? So now I don't worry about it. I also know I don't have to have a meal just because I'm hungry. I just need something, not everything.  She needs a forward-thinking nutritionist. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Her friend is holding her accountable with a food log!

I heard that and immediately logged my food, which I had neglected to do yet today.  TLC--good for something!

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

REally TLC I don't need a bunch of drag queens looking fabulous to make me doubt my worth as a woman because I have bad hair and have sagging muscle tone due to um...working out less. Kinda.

Thank you. I'm surprised this stuff is so popular with younger women who should be thinking of their power as women. I don't need a man (not Jeffree Starr or any of those other online people, either) to tell me, as a woman, how I should look. It's bad enough with men making clothes for size 0 models.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I'm baaaaaaaack from the amazing The Masked Singer which had a karaoke-style sing-along show tonight featuring two performances each for of the last seven finalists'. It was fantastic! Seriously, that show helped me to easily skip most of the first hour of this show this season since it's mostly been a big steamy like of horse shit.

I just tuned in to see her face-timing disrespectful bullshit to Dr. Now. Saying that he has the patience of a saint is an understatement.

Bitch please, you and all of the ungrateful assholes over the years of this show are so lucky that they don't have me as their "last hope" instead of Dr. Now.

I'm like "accept my help and live or don't and fuck off, keep stuffing yourself, go back home and die.

Yeah, this quarantine stuff has made me cranky so I'll gladly take my drippy gasoline soaked drawers on the way out.

Have the reveals been interesting, or just more lame ex-pro athletes, unfunny comedians, and thousand-year-old sitcom 'stars'?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Scratches19 said:

That’s it. I’m making a drink. Diet sodie and a double shot of rum.  Good lord this is tedious. 

Great idea! I'm going to have a gin and tonic with a slice of lime.

• Love 2