Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Brand Evolution

• Start Topic

Tim and Heidi take the four remaining designers to a serene tea ceremony before revealing the next assignment. Now, the designers must create a two-to-four look mini-collection that embodies the evolution of their brands since the beginning of the competition. One competitor's ambitious plan quickly unravels, while another decides to go big or go home.

Original air date: 4/17/20

(edited)

The fact that Heidi said, "Wow, a white top!" tells you how fucking much Esther has used black. Like you shouldn't get praise for making a white blouse, which is the most basic of tops. Adding the little tie just made her model look like she was in The Book of Mormon. I didn't like the top of her pants. It looked like the perfect thing if you want to catch all your crumbs while eating. Her second look was boring - a white t-shirt with a black skirt? It's telling that all of the judges were commenting on how much they liked the shoes the model was wearing rather than her clothes. I didn't like her shiny black dress either. The shininess made it look like a cheap pleather dress from Hot Topic.

I didn't like the small black dress outline on top of Sander's neon green dress. The dress itself was very underdesigned. It looked like he made a tube of fabric, put it over the model's head, and a belt around her waist. The black dress was fine in the front but having seven messy looking bows in the back made it seem like a home ec project by someone who hadn't learned to put in buttons or zippers yet. The black pantsuit was the best of the three. And once again Sander owes a huge thanks to Tim for telling him not to use that anemic pale pink. Not only did it look terrible but it made no sense with his other two looks.

I thought it was insulting when Heidi said it looked like Megan was looking at what Esther has been donig. I thought the crocodile jacket looked much more flattering and well made than anything Esther has made. It looked commercial but very high end. Her second look (the white top with the black pants and a long overlay skirt in the back) was too similar to what she just made in the previous challenge. I liked the white dress but I agreed with Naomi about getting rid of some of the fabric at the bottom.

I didn't like Jonny's first look. I get that some people like that loose casual look (usually the same people who spend 45 minutes creating the bedhead look and wear glasses without prescription lenses as an accessory) but it was just too blah. A loose tank top with a loose jacket with tight pants. Boring. The second look was too heavy. I wanted to take like seven layers off the poor model. The third look was a grandma nightgown.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
Typo
  • Love 13

These looks were all horrible.  But I did notice that whatever schmatta Heidi was wearing had some sort of leggings underneath that were trimmed with the same neon green Sander used.  Brilliant minds.  

Megan never would have won, as the judges have spent far too much time on the Esther tongue baths to legit see much else.  I agreed with Naomi that all of Jonny' stuff was "seen it".  And aside from the weird neon gingerbread cutout stuck to the front of Sander's dress, I couldn't identify anything else he made. 

These people are making me stabby.  I need to look at some puppy videos or something.....

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

I’m not sure there is much point in watching the last episodes- Esther and her parade of black will win. I honestly can’t tell the difference between most of her outfits and her uniform with the hat is just gimmicky. I can’t think of any major designer who does black only and I can’t see her brand translating to accessories either. I didn’t like anything in this show but I appreciate designers who at least try to go out of their comfort zone.

• Love 11

If I wasn’t in quarantine, I wouldn’t finish this show. Is there only 1 episode left to find the next sweatshop designer for Jeff Bezos? This show could have been so much better. 

Not surprised Megan got auf’d. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I’m not sure there is much point in watching the last episodes- Esther and her parade of black will win. I honestly can’t tell the difference between most of her outfits and her uniform with the hat is just gimmicky. I can’t think of any major designer who does black only and I can’t see her brand translating to accessories either. I didn’t like anything in this show but I appreciate designers who at least try to go out of their comfort zone.

That HAT!! Just like her designs, it never changes. That plus the all-black-all-the-time ensembles turns it into one boring uniform every time. 

Have no idea why Jonny stayed over Megan, except that it was probably already decided before the runway even happened.  I like them both but Jonny definitely had the weaker collection. 

• Love 13

Although I like Jonny, I feel that Megan would have really brought some interesting pieces to the finale.  I've checked out both of their online stores and his is really not inspired (I'm trying to avoid saying "boring.") I also liked the fact that this show could have really helped Megan start her own line, which the other contestants already have.  The judges were split between the two and I would have loved them to inch over in Megan's favor.  I'm glad Sander will be in the finale- for color, interest and creativity!

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I really enjoyed the opening teahouse scenery, all that greenery. And there was a spectacular shot of cherry blossoms over a canal... I love that it's filmed in Japan. I have loved all things Japanese since I was a little girl. I do wish they'd had a proper Japanese designer in as a judge, rather than the social media influencer, who says nothing of interest. Seems an obvious miss.

But the whole show is hit and miss. They took everything that made PR such a pleasure to watch and tossed it in a bin and added in a tonne of money, a whole load more Heidi (a lot more than one would wish for), some nonsensical and counterproductive editing and show format decisions, dreary pacing, and threw in some loud and hideous music (and lyrics I wish I hadn't had the subtitles on to see) blaring out in fairly arbitrary places and distracting during the runway shows. And I'm flummoxed as to why they've decked Tim out in inexplicably tiny suit jackets with, to my mind, poorly fitted sleeves. A good tailor would not make Tim look old and stooped and careworn.

Everything about this show is so inexplicable. So much money poured into it, to so little effect. I just want to see designers design! Worry, make poor decisions, pull their designs back from the brink of disaster, and sew their little hearts out. Then I want to see the damn runway, not split screens or constant cutaways to bitchy judges' comments, or that pampered-looking influencer's little stinky mouthed expression of disgust when she's not impressed.

I picked these three as  the obvious top contestants, back in episode one. I would have also added Sabato in the mix back then. So it has hardly been a thrill to get to this point, despite the marvellous locations.

But at least Jonny didn't get the flick. i think I would have lost the will to watch the rest of the season if he had, even though it wasn't his best work to put it mildly. He was featured so heavily in the edit I started to worry. I guess it's because he's now got the passion and energy in his talking heads that one would have expected from every contestant, from day one, and they are a low charisma group. (Are they frozen with fear, because of the size of the prize? Are they jetlagged??) Or did the editors finally remember the viewers should care about these contestants? That they should care that there is a million dollar deal at stake (cue a lacklustre half-smile by Ji at the start of episode seven when Heidi shrieked this not-news at them all again. Seriously, are they all ill? It's so strange.) and try considerably harder! Heidi has got Esther to jump up and down on the spot and clap, so I guess she's been broken...

There was that brief moment of tension when it seemed Megan might stay over Jonny, especially after her inexplicable top two placing in the previous runway, also alongside him. The drama! Sigh. So here we are.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, dbell1 said:

If I wasn’t in quarantine, I wouldn’t finish this show. Is there only 1 episode left to find the next sweatshop designer for Jeff Bezos? This show could have been so much better. 

Not surprised Megan got auf’d. 

I read this and spoiled myself but now I'm pre-annoyed.  She has put out great clothing every week and never even got a challenge win. 

More importantly for Amazon, she has put out SELLABLE clothing every week.  Probably the most sellable clothing.  This show is ridiculous.  Why would Amazon agree to sell clothing that isn't going to appeal to the widest audience.  I like sander, I like Johnny, but how many women out there are dying for the Beetlejuice dress and the tee shirt dress with pockets?  

It's almost like Amazon set this show up to fail.  Did Jeff bezos lose a bet  or something?  Why would you want Esther to win if your going to have an online collection of all black clothes?  Does the world not have enough black clothes?

The only show I've seen on the Amazon homepage for this show had two looks from Megan!   

• Love 9
15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I get that some people like that loose casual look (usually the same people who spend 45 minutes creating the bedhead look and wear glasses without prescription lenses as an accessory)

🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

This show is frustrating. 

I thought they would splash out and have the finale in Milan since we're all about global brands. Apparently two cities is enough.

Even with low (non-existent?) buzz, I hope Megan can take some of the clout and momentum she gained from the show to make her own line happen.

I'm not sure whether Esther will take it all -- they could easily crown Sander in some sort of arc with him triumphing over his more extravagant avant garde instincts -- but either way I don't feel invested.

If they try another season of this, I hope they do some serious editing on the concept, and pay more attention to the casting.

4 hours ago, GaT said:

Is it just me, or does anybody else find it impossible to tell which are the runway looks & which are the accessible looks without the show telling you which is which?

*raises hand* For some of them definitely, like Esther, Sander, Ji Won, and Sabato, I can never tell. The others are a little easier to guess going by what's closest to something I would actually wear.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, dbell1 said:

I feel the same way. Esther is going to win. The last couple episodes I FF thru the whole middle of the episode because it’s so boring and just watch the runway show and judging which is most of the time so frustrating to watch. I said on another episode thread that they should have called this show Project Amazon.

I had looked forward to this show but it’s been so disappointing. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

I had looked forward to this show but it’s been so disappointing. 

Same here. I binged watched season up to through this one the last two days.

It was just like Project a Runway, they wanted Johnny in the final three not Megan so they found excuses for Johnny over Megan which was lame AF and I saw coming at the beginning of the show.

I did not think Megan’s first outfit looked like it was inspired by Esther. The tailoring was consistent with other things she has designed even if the material itself looked like material Esther has used before, Because For no matter who decided to do an all black outfit, it would look like material Esther has used (oh wait, she used gold and black in one outfit and a white blouse with a black outfit this season).

I have seen several outfits I would actually buy and could see my short, busty, old self wearing. Unfortunately, they were not the winning looks.

So, so disappointed.

Other comments:

1. Way too much Heidi.

2. I will never not love Tim Gunn as a person, but those scenes with Heidi seemed so forced. Also, he does seem really frail and seems to have lost a step or two 😢

3. I did like how they showcased Paris and Tokyo and how they had the designer draw inspiration from their surroundings. I, too, am unclear why they didn’t also do a 3rd city.
4. That social influencer was useless.

5. The judge Joseph Altuzarra seemed scared of Naomi Campbell. I understand that in general and her past does her no favors. However, he seemed to change his opinions based on her comments.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, GaT said:

I guess you never watched "Under The Gunn"

I did and I was working really long hours, so I think I mentally blocked the whole thing (probably because I didn’t want to see him like that’s. I’m so lame...

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Jonny’s grey dress benefited from having a guy wear it, I think.  I found if way too frilly and the only thing interesting about it was was that it was on a male model.

I've never been a fashionista or an "influencer" but to me, putting great-great grandma's old nightgown on a man doesn't make it edgy or cool. These judges apparently felt differently.

Edited by Ashforth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I did and I was working really long hours, so I think I mentally blocked the whole thing (probably because I didn’t want to see him like that’s. I’m so lame...

I wanted to add (now that I looked on IMDB), I think my whole annoyance at Anya being a “mentor” just disgusted me so I tuned most of it out and had it on in the background.

An side: I am so glad I found these forums a couple of years ago and found that many, many others shared my opinion of Anya as a designer (not a person as I don’t know her). She couldn’t sew, she designed the same thing over and over and over again which only tall skinny people could read (not my fault that I am only 5’2” and at my skinniest am still busty.

• Love 3

I think this show is horrible.  Most of the clothes have been bad. Meghan was one of the only designers I actually liked and would buy....what that says about me I don't know.  Esther being a favorite says it all...and I am interested in their definition of accessible. 

• Love 7

When this series started I couldn’t wait for them to get rid of that woman who looked like she was designing clothes for pre-school kids, but I’d welcome her back now just so I could see some flash and color on the runway.

I was really excited about this show but they’ve had some of the most uninspired designs ever, even with more time (mostly) and budget than PR. I never imagined the thought “I miss Nicole Richie!” would ever go through my head, but this show has made that happen.

I could do without all the cute-sy Tim and Heidi stuff, too. 

• Love 15

Disappointed with the entire episode. I felt all of the designers took a step back from what have been their best looks on the show. Maybe in making them come up with so many pieces they peaked early. Just what you want in a semi-final! 

I would have liked the tea ceremony if it hadn't started with a Heidi "look at me!!!" moment.

Naomi Campbell can be bitchy but at least she brings some fire to this snoozefest.  

• Love 9

I was angry that the judges accused Megan of copying Esther because she made her suit in black. WTF, did Esther invent black fabric now? Next week, will she have invented white because she made some white pieces for this challenge?

When Megan pushed back that the suit is her design aesthetic, Heidi was all, well, I know that, but it's black. Ridiculous and insulting.

It was good to finally have the seamstresses work with the designers in person, and I will say that Esther used her seamstresses wisely and respectfully. Enough so that she had time to sew some of Jonny's garments herself, since he didn't use the seamstresses intelligently. He was too busy curling up in a ball and weeping. Which went completely unmentioned. How is that a global brand leader?

• Love 22
46 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

I was angry that the judges accused Megan of copying Esther because she made her suit in black. WTF, did Esther invent black fabric now? Next week, will she have invented white because she made some white pieces for this challenge?

When Megan pushed back that the suit is her design aesthetic, Heidi was all, well, I know that, but it's black. Ridiculous and insulting.

It was good to finally have the seamstresses work with the designers in person, and I will say that Esther used her seamstresses wisely and respectfully. Enough so that she had time to sew some of Jonny's garments herself, since he didn't use the seamstresses intelligently. He was too busy curling up in a ball and weeping. Which went completely unmentioned. How is that a global brand leader?

I agree with everything you said.  Saying that Megan was copying Esther's designs because of the color is outrageous!  As Megan said when she was defending herself, it was a suit- which has been a staple in her fashion line.  If anything, Megan stuck to the theme of brand growth by adding in the more "masculine" features.

Jonny may have suffered from a bad edit, but I had the same thought when I saw him moping about, fretting about time.

• Love 8

If the items selling out on Amazon is the barometer for Bezos to keep this shit show going, then there may be a very slim chance of a second season, but I have to believe that most of those buying decisions are being made by people who want the story to tell at the water cooler, and have some extra bucks to vomit.  IF there is a second go at this, that novelty will wear off, and unless some serious changes are made, this dud is dunzo.

I'm unaware of who the real producers of this thing are, and I don't imagine Tim and/or Heidi have anything more than superficial input, but it's truly, amazingly, badly produced.  Maybe the reason we get such poor actual looks at the garments is to drive business to the Amazon site for a better look.  Nothing else makes sense.

Anyway, you all have a nice um, quarantine.  Stay healthy~

😷

• Love 9
2 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Meghan was one of the only designers I actually liked and would buy

This episode and the previous one finally gave me a glimpse of an interesting story: How Meghan worked her way into designing for larger brands. How she got to that stage of a career - how she got in the door and what was it like in the first few years - would be so interesting to me. I feel like I haven't heard many stories of Black women in fashion, at any career level.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If the items selling out on Amazon is the barometer for Bezos to keep this shit show going, then there may be a very slim chance of a second season, but I have to believe that most of those buying decisions are being made by people who want the story to tell at the water cooler, and have some extra bucks to vomit.  IF there is a second go at this, that novelty will wear off, and unless some serious changes are made, this dud is dunzo.

I'm unaware of who the real producers of this thing are, and I don't imagine Tim and/or Heidi have anything more than superficial input, but it's truly, amazingly, badly produced.  Maybe the reason we get such poor actual looks at the garments is to drive business to the Amazon site for a better look.  Nothing else makes sense.

Anyway, you all have a nice um, quarantine.  Stay healthy~

😷

I question that because the same thing was said about the clothing sold as part of the failed fashion star show (I didn't even know it had a second season).  

If you went online the clothes were always "sold out" but there was such an anemic in-store presence that I feel like each store ordered a VERY limited number of garments and therefore they "sold out" quickly.  

I know it's a corporate conspiracy theory, but I still think it has teeth.  And I suspect Amazon is doing the same thing.  So maybe they will be happy with what they sold and will opt for a second season. 

I kinda hope they get it, overall I have enjoyed the show.  But I hope they stop with the Heidi Tim segments, keep Naomi and alturzurra as judges, but get someone else to judge, who is not a nod to social media influencer. 

If he loved me Michael kors would do it.  I think NC works as the stern judge, alturzurra brings actionable knowledge.....but no one brings the laughs......I need the laughs.......I think MK and NC would be mean girls, but it would be so funny.  And at their core I don't think either of them are really cruel. 

MK could read for filth, but when a contestant started to break down, he would back off and have a kind word.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Am I the only one that thought Esther's super sweetness with the seamstresses was a little too extra and strictly for the cameras?  She was patting herself on the back so much for team building it felt inauthentic to me.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Am I the only one that thought Esther's super sweetness with the seamstresses was a little too extra and strictly for the cameras?  She was patting herself on the back so much for team building it felt inauthentic to me.  

No you're not the only one. I don't remember exactly what she was complimenting them on, but it seemed inauthentic to me as well. Like she was finding something, anything, nice to say, just for the cameras.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 5

As soon as Jonny was running behind and Esther gave him a hand and Megan said something like, that's not fair, he's not working as hard etc, I just knew Megan and Jonny would be in the bottom. I was dreading the judges asking them "why do you deserve to be final 3" and I was sure Megan was going to bring up Esther helping Jonny. Glad that didn't happen. 

I'm good with this final 3 

• Love 1

Does anyone remember a design show back around the time PR left Bravo that had designers working with seamstresses?  I cannot for the life of me recall who hosted or who judged - thought it might be Isaac Mizrahi, but that was probably a different show. The only thing I remember about the show, really, is that there was LOTS of tension between the designers and their seamstresses, who sometimes wanted to be back-up designers instead of just doing what the designer said. I don’t think it ran more than one season. I wonder if some of what happened on that show informed how the interactions were structured in this series. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Calamity Jane said:

Does anyone remember a design show back around the time PR left Bravo that had designers working with seamstresses?  I cannot for the life of me recall who hosted or who judged - thought it might be Isaac Mizrahi, but that was probably a different show. The only thing I remember about the show, really, is that there was LOTS of tension between the designers and their seamstresses, who sometimes wanted to be back-up designers instead of just doing what the designer said. I don’t think it ran more than one season. I wonder if some of what happened on that show informed how the interactions were structured in this series. 

I remember that. I think it was Launch My Line. 
It seems like they were people from other walks of life who wanted to become fashion designers. A choreographer from So You Think You Can Dance was one of the contestants.

it was definitely a battle with the seamstresses trying to be the designers, and many of the contestants not knowing anything about how to make clothes.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Calamity Jane said:

I remember that show! I only watched it a couple times but yeah, I distinctly remember one of the seamstresses and her assigned designer did not like each other and the seamstress was actually sabotaging her designer.  I do think Isaac was associated with it.  

I think @RealReality is right and that they are really limiting the production of these clothes so they are instantly sold out making it look like they are in demand.  Seriously, whol would want that horrible jumpsuit and its "currently unavailable"?  was it or any of the other item ever available?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I remember that. I think it was Launch My Line. 
It seems like they were people from other walks of life who wanted to become fashion designers. A choreographer from So You Think You Can Dance was one of the contestants.

it was definitely a battle with the seamstresses trying to be the designers, and many of the contestants not knowing anything about how to make clothes.

Thank you!  I was beginning to wonder if I just fantasized all that. 

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, Calamity Jane said:

That show was so weird. Bravo was striving to find a Project Runway replacement and settled on this calamity as well as The Fashion Show with Isaac Mizrahi. The Fashion Show was more in line with Project Runway in terms of format, but I think "America" chose the winner or whatever. It left me with the same unpleasantness this show does. It's like my brain knows it's designer imposter Project Runway, so I can't enjoy it for what it is. (or maybe they're both just bad shows) Launch My Line was so stupid in concept and it was ultimately a huge waste of time, but I somewhat liked this train wreck. A bunch of non-designers (like Merle Ginsberg, who judged the first couple of seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race, and some guy named Patrick who was tangentially involved with fashion, I think) playing fashion for 8 or 10 episodes, but nothing serious. I like my reality competitions to be amongst talented competitors, so this came off as desperate drama-filled rubbish to fill the Project Runway timeslot.

Edited by gorgy
  • Love 2

Based on those last collections, Meagan should have edged out Jonny. In a battle of basic his bland dress was the worst thing from those two. 

I had to agree that Meagan's dress had a very Estherish vibe to it. That said I don't for a second think she was copying Esther but rather was inspired by that black edgy style. In the end fashion is a continuum so Esther was not the first edgy all black designer but a convenient shorthand for the judges.

I love Naomi Campbell as a judge!

• Love 4

I started off liking the show.  There was a newness and excitement at first.  But as episodes went on, I found myself disliking and now hating it.

I forget that it’s on most weeks, so that’s telling.

Heidi and Tim’s stupid “cultural exploits” are a waste of time.

The blaring music is annoying so I turn down the volume and miss some judges’ comments.

Asking the contestants to make the judges change their minds about being cut is pointless.   The results are the same every time except once that I can think of. “Did any of you change your mind?” “No” “No” “No” “I didn’t either”

Black clothes with scrappy doo-dads trailing off them from “unexpected “ places is not fashion to me.

I thought the point of this was to make accessible clothing that was marketable?  Most of these looks were not either.

Also I am confused by the designers who can’t pattern or sew? But they do some pattern and sew? 
I don’t find any of the judges critiques constructive, or insightful.

I will finish the series, but not sure I will tune in for round 2.

• Love 8

I too found it insulting that they stated that Meghan was copying Esther.  Why would she want to?  I saw that Naomi was having none of that. Then I think they actually said she was influenced by someone else.  What?  Have they accused anyone else of this? I am glad that Naomi stood up for her.   I only watch the parts with the clothes and some of the judging.  I think it is silly to have them fight for themselves.  Tim and Heidi were probably the worst parts of PR for me...I was here for Naomi. 

• Love 2

It's interesting to me that Naomi acts above it all, says some really snarky things about the designs during the runways - but then she consistently is the first one to hug the departing designers and frequently gets teary eyed.  Maybe her whole NAOMI! attitude is a defense mechanism hiding a secret softy?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Naomi is an acquired taste, and seems to be mellowing a little in her old age.  I think she realizes she's no longer in command of the cat walk, and her acting is stilted and wooden at best.  She's the next Janice Dickenson and will be trotted out for fashion "commentary" when an acidic voice is needed on a judging panel, but I imagine she has enough money to do what she wants.  

I think they were looking for an excuse to auf Meghan when they said 'but this was a digital marketing challenge' and they didn't like her photo shoot.  I call BS, hers was just fine, come on already! They were definitely talking down to her, she deserved better.  Johnny did the same thing over and over.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, jabRI said:

I think they were looking for an excuse to auf Meghan when they said 'but this was a digital marketing challenge' and they didn't like her photo shoot.  I call BS, hers was just fine, come on already! They were definitely talking down to her, she deserved better.  Johnny did the same thing over and over.

I have consistantly liked Meghan's garments for the most part.  Esther's appear to be well made, but "this is a design competition, not a sewing competition", and I don't find her all black, cinched waist repetition to be compelling.  Johnny SkinGraft (that really is an awful brand name), has been hot and cold for me.  I've either really liked or really disliked what he's sent down the runway.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 6
On 4/17/2020 at 9:37 PM, cloeymoon said:

Have no idea why Jonny stayed over Megan, except that it was probably already decided before the runway even happened.  I like them both but Jonny definitely had the weaker collection. 

This is exactly what I was thinking.  Even more so than most competitive reality shows, this one really felt like the judging all season was based on a pre-ordained narrative rather than what was actually happening at the time.  Despite Heidi's insistence that " a conversation can change anything" it seemed like every exit (or save) was predetermined to happen based on a script.  Amazon probably picked their winner from the start.

I'll watch the end because, well, there's not much else going on, but this has really been a slog.  I don't love or hate any of the designers, I'm apathetic about the whole thing.

• Love 4

I honestly think that since Jonny has already shown at NY fashion week several times, and is an attractive, gay, streetwear/leather designer, he's more "exciting" to them than a talented, sophisticated and marketable designer like Megan, who makes clothes most women would actually want to wear.  

These shows are rarely about talent.  I think Jonny ticked off more boxes than Megan did.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

BTW Tim Gunn is 66 years old. I love him, but he was looking a little frail, or worn out. As for Esther's hat, I don't mind it - bear in mind they have only the clothes they could pack with them. 

I also like her and her designs -but I do wonder, how hard would it be to make those clothes in a dark grey or midnight blue?!! 

I think all the designers played it a little safe.

• Love 1
On 4/21/2020 at 6:47 AM, TexasGal said:

It's interesting to me that Naomi acts above it all, says some really snarky things about the designs during the runways - but then she consistently is the first one to hug the departing designers and frequently gets teary eyed.  Maybe her whole NAOMI! attitude is a defense mechanism hiding a secret softy?

I don't think she is one dimensional . 

Look at the people who love(d) her.  She wrote the foreward (sp) for RuPaul's book because they are friends and I cannot believe that RuPaul would befriend a truly hateful person.  

She was friends with Gianni Versace, who by all accounts seems to have been a great human being.  I don't think great people choose to befriend and cleve to truly hateful people.  

But, I've always loved NC so I'm biased. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/21/2020 at 2:28 PM, leighdear said:

I honestly think that since Jonny has already shown at NY fashion week several times, and is an attractive, gay, streetwear/leather designer, he's more "exciting" to them than a talented, sophisticated and marketable designer like Megan, who makes clothes most women would actually want to wear.  

These shows are rarely about talent.  I think Jonny ticked off more boxes than Megan did.  

That upsets me, but is probably right.  I can't even get through this episode because I find the whole thing annoying.  

I like sander, I like Johnny and I'm not mad at Esther, but if the argument is that a worldwide brand would need a wide base of customers than I don't see choosing any of those over Megan.  I truly think that sander would agree that his clothes are not for the masses and he doesn't want them to be.  And how is someone who wants to design in one color going to appeal to a wide audience?

• Love 5